Template Monster Logo

Template Monster

Having problems with Template Monster?

Template Monster reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 29, 2009. The latest review Word Press Theme was posted on Mar 4, 2021. The latest complaint DO NOT USE!! was resolved on Jun 12, 2013. Template Monster has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 16 reviews. Template Monster has resolved 4 complaints.

Template Monster Customer Service Contacts

+1 347 394 4770 (Customer Service)
+1 518 312 4162 (Marketing & Legal Departments)
18801 Collins Ave. 102-120
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
UAE
Office 10, Level 1, Sharjah Media City, Sharjah, UAE

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Template Monster Customer Service. Initial Template Monster complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Template Monster above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Template Monster. Discuss the issues you have had with Template Monster and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Template Monster Complaints & Reviews

Template MonsterWord Press Theme

Wish I would have seen this board before I wasted and afternoon trying to get one of their templates to work. Normally Wordpress Themes are a one click upload and activate. Okay some extra steps not a problem. But many, many more problems after, with plugins not working, breaking website, having to manually edit out PHP of plugin to get something up, and then the next problem with the next step. Their primary business is scamming would be my opinion, with any actual product delivered that worked being a sideline.

Respond

Template Monsterbeware! don't buy their install services. all are amateurs and only help you until they have your money.

Very disappointing. I use to like these guys, the templates I found out has bugs in it but worst of all is their service. After I bought a template, they kept insisting that I get an install from a professional so I wouldn't have to worry and they said they would take care of everything. I even asked if their was any guarantees and after assuring me that it would only take a 3 to 24 hours I paid the, U.S $99. I have wasted hours with them on chat with the siteground hosting company to try and install the template. They had no idea what was going on. I kept getting transfered between techs and they blamed it on everyone else but themselves. Even the techs at both bluehost and siteground thought they were very unskilled to be having so much trouble with simple tasks. Now, its been 4 days with no progress.. I've been told that a Daniel Dawson who is the manager there was going to get back to me, but haven't heard anything back from him..
    a few days after posting this, I got a phone call from template monsters asking if they could exchange the refund for another service or keep it in credit which I respectfully declined and asked them for the refund which they reluctantly offered, but a week went by without a word or refund. Then I got a call again today telling me that they would only refund us if I took down the review. I told them it was extortion and they didn't disagree. Instead they implied that it would be hard to refund if I didn't take the review down. I thought they were just incompetent but now their also criminally negligible. I am still fighting to get my refund back and I have their conversation on a recording app I installed on my phone, and for legal reason have indicated to them that it was being recorded. I will keep this if legal charges need to be brought up.

Mar 01, 2019

Template Monster — sold non working template / no refund -, file a complaint on bbb.org against jetimpex inc (owner templatemonster.com)

We bought wordpress/woocommerce template (name FairyStyle) from Templatemonster.com. Paid to company...

Templatemonsterwordpress "writer" theme 52949

One star would be too generous. I bought their "Writer" theme 52949 for $75. I should have known this would be a nightmare when they started spamming me -and a few days later offered the same theme for $53!!

TM advertises the theme as no skills needed. I probably have better skills than most, having installed and used several other wordpress themes over the years. But I could not figure out how to customize the home page. When I uploaded a photo to replace the chatty looking young man in the demo, it did not work. The photo showed up as being uploaded in the header, but the chatty young man remained.

Also, there was some text advertising their wedding templates embedded in the footer with no clear way to remove it (I was told later that this would involve re-coding). It wasn't even there in a logical place.

The Moto editor was not user friendly, and I could not figure out how to make what should have been minor tweaks to the home page design. So I called TM and asked if they had a service to fix the picture issue, replace the blue and purple background in the news section, and add one box to the 'books section'. First they said they had a $149 package, but when I looked at the details it did not include formatting. When I pointed that out, they quoted nearly $400 for what should have required no skills.

So I checked with a local wordpress design firm to make the changes, and once they looked into it more closely they told me that the theme had not been updated to anywhere near the most recent wordpress specs, and was built on an obsolete, unsupported version of bootstrap. That was the final straw. I requested a refund and got NO reply.

A couple weeks later, I tried again through chat. The agent said he would transfer me to tech support and sent me into limbo. I then filed a support ticket. This time they did reply and said they would help fix it. I said no, it was too late and it was unfixable because the framework was obsolete.

They called and offered a credit with additional support for another template. By this time I have NO interest in any products from these clowns, and again asked for a refund. They said it was their policy not to refund after 14 days. Well, it took longer than that to learn the full extent of the problems. Probably what they count on.

They continue to insist that there are no problems with the theme.

I just filed a Better Business Bureau complaint and discovered several other similar experiences. I am filing a refund request through my credit card.

I wish wish wish I had done a search on TemplateMonster complaints before buying this.

Template Monster — Awful company

I have nothing positive to say about this company. All I know that their main interest is your money, not...

Template Monster — documentation and support

I'm a contract I.T. trainer and web developer and decided to try using a template with Zen Cart. The Zen...

Template Monster — World of charity template with templatemonster

I bought this theme from Template Monster. Initially I thought that it was a lovely theme, but when trying to...

TemplatemonsterUseless support

I have purchased a Wordpress template from www.templatemonster.com and was very disappointed with everything. Nothing was working properly, I had many problems and when I contacted TemplateMonster customer service they said how sorry they were and that's actually it.
        Every time they said that they were sorry, but actually never did anything to help me. Their rep seemed nice and polite, but was absolutely useless. I had many bugs and errors and never got any help from them.

1 Response
            Joe Navarro Oct 14, 2016

Dear Customer,

We regret you are experiencing such issues while using a WordPress template purchased from our company. I would be glad to address your issue and assist with resolving, so please email me directly to joe [at] template-help.com for further assistance.
            Will look forward to hear from you soon.

Template Monster — Liam Tornhill

I was shown a demo for a particular mobile responsive website. The template i purchased and paid for...

Template MonsterPoor Support Staff, Poor Product, Poor Experience

So I've bought a few themes from TemplateMonster in the past and i've never really had an issue (scroll to the bottom if you don't want to know all the details and only want to read a small review). However - i'm making a new website for a client and they wanted to have a website that had a store as well as a YouTube background and all the bells and whistles. Anyway, Black Friday sale, great discount on Monsteroid had everything I wanted what else can I ask for right? I proceed to purchase and I pay but when I come back to the TM store it says my payment failed but i've got a PayPal receipt and a SMS from my bank to say i've paid. I contacted customer support explained the situation and they told me to send a screenshot of my PayPal and my bank which I did. 24 hours pass and i'm waiting for a response...I get told that the payment failed and they have not collected any fund. I contact customer support and explain again that my bank has taken the funds and PayPal has paid them, they tell me they will be in touch etc etc etc. Its now 3 days later and I get really frustrated as the project is being delayed so I just purchase the template again and I log a PayPal claim for the first purchase (which is a long process in itself). Within a few hours I get an email from PayPal saying my money has been refunded - after customer support told me they didn't receive the funds, so if I didn't make a PayPal claim I probably wouldn't have got my money back. Anyway - happy times I now have the theme right? Wrong. This was the beginning. It's not a couple of weeks later and I have time to start the project again - i've now taken the clients site offline and i've installed Wordpress and I use their very helpful Monsteroid installer. Everything is going well until I am importing the sample data - there's an error. Great. So I contact customer support and explain the situation and send screenshots. Talking to customer support to just explain the situation itself is a nightmare as they take ages to reply and 9/10 times they just send you a link for a video. Anyway - a ticket gets created and I get a video link for manual install (which I have already tried, but hey I maybe I was doing something wrong) so I deleted all of Wordpress and decided to start over just in case. It still didn't work so I got in touch with the customer support again...went through the whole process again and a few hours later I get another video for manual advanced install. I follow the steps (bearing in mind this is like a day later now) and it works. Now, I wanted the homepage to have a YouTube video background and Monsteroid sample data already has a page for this. I proceed to edit the video link and ooops. Suddenly the fullscreen video background became half the size with a black box playing a YouTube video inside. I contacted customer support again...went through the steps again (btw first line support know nothing, i've learnt this by now) I send them to the page, I show them the original video then I change the link and show them the difference (this process alone took 20 mins). They log a ticket and send it to second line support. Now my project is being delayed so I have another slider that I previously purchased with another Theme from another website so I decided to use that instead of using the slider that was provided. I install it and everything works the way I want it to amazing. Is that it? Of course not. Now the Motopress Content Editor has stopped working and i've logged a ticket yet again and spoken to the ever so helpful support (not)! I'm awaiting a reply. Let's see i'm not holding my breath. I'm going to wait till the morning or else I am going to buy a new theme. Moral of the story - TM are good if you never ever need support and your product works 100% OK. If you are one of the unlucky ones, the first line support is useless. They are have no technical knowledge and cannot guide you through the simplest of mistakes. Sometimes they decide to transfer you to a new person mid conversation so you have to start again because their shift is over! Based on this experience I would never purchase from TM ever again even though i've used them many times before. As a person with a tight schedule I don't want to talk to customer support and wait for replies for days on end. I purchased a theme so that I can have an active website within a few hours worst case scenario a few days. If I had weeks I would have written the theme myself!

1 Response
              Joe Navarro Jan 06, 2016

Dear Muhammad,

We regret you had such an experience while using our services. As for the billing issue all the explanations have been provided for you in your billing ticket #UUO-[protected]. It was resolved right away less than 24 hrs.
              As for the technical issue(s) described in your ticket #NAU-[protected] all of them are resolved for now according to your feedback in the mid of December. Feel free to use the offer provided by Liam Tornhill, our Senior Customer Care Manager.
              Please accept our apologies for any possible inconveniences that this may have caused you.

TemplateMonster.com

Template MonsterDO NOT USE!!

I cannot stress enough how much of a scam this place is. I was never able to even install the theme on my Wordpress. Went through the live chat with over 4 operators who are all incompetent and obvious don't know anything about technology. I am a graphic designer and computer technician so I am extremely knowledgeable and even I nor my employer who is a freaking programer could get this to work. I went through the whole "help" ticket, live chat and even called the billing department which is all a joke and still I have received no help and am trying to get a refund. Since Template Monster refuses to refund me for their faulty product I have started a dispute with my bank.
            STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!"

2 Responses
              • Fr
                Fran Spoltore Jul 06, 2018

After having received a completely fraudulent product from them more than a year ago, their sales department tried contact me again to defraud me of more money. I told them on the phone to never contact me again, but they have since sent two additional e-mails that I am referring to law enforcement for criminal prosecution as harassment.

I am clueless why they would pursue this or risk a civil and criminal legal case against their company. But they did, so I will take every option legally open to me to prevent them from harassing or criminally defrauding anyone else.

Regards,
                Paul

Joe Navarro Jun 18, 2013

Hello Krystal,

My name is Joe Navarro, I'm the Customer Care Manager for TemplateMonster.com. I will agree with the comment posted above as our products are pretty easy to install & configure. Moreover, we are always glad to provide the necessary and prompt assistance from our side and I must admit our Technical Support Team did its best in your particular case. Anyways, we are really sorry for any possible inconvenience it may have caused you.
                As I can see, our Billing dept. has already refunded the order 5 days ago, so if you still have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Thank you for your time and have a good one!

Template Monster — Do not do business with these folks

I viewed a Web based E-commerce Template at TempateMonster.com (JetImpex Inc). A member of their sales team...

Template Monster — Fraud and scam

Let me say this plainly. Do. NOT. purchase from these scam artists. I could write a book on my recent...

TemplateMonster.comThey don't know what they are selling

Pathetic way of doing business, in todays day and age, there should be a plug to pull to put this mindset out of business. I have had better dealings with thugs holding 7-11's up then with a company who thinks every client is a donut to stick there finger thru.

They don't know what they are selling, have below 0 (zero) support, there is no way to cancel as there cancellation department is a voicemail which I bet some idiot has to delete every morning due to the amounts of calls they can get.

Their new scam is they have a company that you can hire for installation, that I can swear has never in their life scene a website, I am thinking some prison in the Gulag is where their call center is.

Such a sad way of doing business, I pity the poor web designers that put up their gorgeous well designed websites up on this site, that get thrown under the bus, due to the company that resells

Templatemonster — No template. Bye money

I also made the mistake of coming across these individuals and "company". I filled a form with all kinds of...

TemplateMonster.com — Shady business ethics

On May 9th 2008 I purchased a template for a website I wanted to put together for my new business. Before...