Having problems with GoDaddy?

+1 480 505 8877 (Customer Service)
+44 207 084 1810 (United Kingdom)
+353 16 535 976 (Ireland)
+61 293 557 491 (Australia)
+64 99 759 407 (New Zealand)
+43 720 116 858 (Austria)
+32 78 482 045 (Belgium)
+45 36 927 733 (Denmark)
+31 858 883 143 (Netherlands)
+351 308 802 068 (Portugal)
+41 435 083 970 (Switzerland)
+852 30 188 600 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 975 8958 (Indonesia)
+60 362 074 694 (Malaysia)
+63 27 591 426 (Philippines)
+65 63 494 240 (Singapore)
+27 214 276 288 (South Africa)
+82 264 339 576 (South Korea)
+66 21 056 194 (Thailand)
+54 115 984 0780 (Argentina)
+57 13 826 761 (Colombia)
14455 North Hayden Rd, Suite 219
Scottsdale, Arizona

Complaints & Reviews

Website

I have been a customer with Go Daddy since 2009. On January 28th, 2020, I logged into my Go Daddy account only to find that my website had been hacked by an intruder. This "hacker" added another domain and other products to my account. I called Go Daddy immediately. After spending most of my afternoon on hold, I finally talked to a young man regarding the activity on my account. The rep told me in order to take off all the products that were added to my account he would have to do a restore to my account. I told the rep over a dozen times to either let me backup the files offline or for him to back them up for me. The rep told me to "calm down", I guess because I kept repeating myself. He told me not to worry about my files (the files that took me over 8 months, working 16-18 hr days to create). He put me on hold then came back on the line. I heard the rep say "ah, oh". He had deleted not only my website, but also ALL of my backups that I faithfully maintained! I spent almost every day on the phone the following month trying to talk to someone that had the authority to make things right. It wasn't until March 2nd that I someone in gold brass finally contacted me. I recorded that conversation. At first I was only offered free Go Daddy products, but free products do not remedy my situation. I wanted my website back. After almost an hour on the phone, I was told to get some quotes from agencies that could rebuild my website comparable to the one that the Go Daddy rep deleted after my site was hacked while on their servers. My website was a very interactive online site with three courses built in Wordpress with the LearnDash lms and was developed using h5p, twine, and captivate. I could only find 6 agencies that were capable of building a site like the one I had created. I sent Go Daddy the lowest 3 of these 6 quotes. The average of these lowest three quotes was $1, 026, 666.67. Not only is Go Daddy refusing to honor their words "to make things right", they are refusing any accountability at all. The facts: FACT 1) My site was hacked while on the Go Daddy servers. FACT 2) While making changes to my account, a Go Daddy representative deleted my entire account which consisted of my website AND all of my backups that I faithfully maintained in case something happened to my website folders. Now I am back at square one rebuilding my site from scratch. Go Daddy refuses to take responsibility for their actions. Just in Maricopa County AR (where Go Daddy is headquartered) alone, there are 184 civil cases involving Go Daddy. Those cases are just in the county where Go Daddy resides. I will be filing my suit out of Oklahoma County. I would be interested in knowing how many cases have been filed against Go Daddy in all the counties of our United States. Now Go Daddy has left me picking up the pieces which they themselves left in ruins. The only recourse I have left are to file suit or continue preparing for a class-action while at the same time going back to the drawing board and start a rebuild for the second time. All I was asking for was for Go Daddy to do the right thing by placing my website in a comparable state that it was in prior to January 28th and they tell me the best they can do is offer me free products.

gd hacking in to my bank account.

GD just today took money from my bank account. I never signed up for auto payments of any kind ever not with GD or any other company. Since Bill Gates, the killer of Americans via Corona Virus bought out the Go Daddy company there have been so many problems for users who pay good money. I have been one of these and for the last two years it has gotten worse. I have never worked with a company who is so poorly set up and who hacks into peoples accounts like this. Guess we know now how Gates make more money cheating. This company needs to be working for the people who support it, not stealing. I hope those employees are able to get good jobs some place else and protect themselves from thieves like they are now working for. Enough, I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and the United States Attorney General's Office of Consumer Fraud. I hope more people take the time to report this type of theft.

Unreliable service

I am so sick and tired of GoDaddy's unreliable service. Every second day there is an issue with their Managed Wordpress hosting facilities. There is always an unexpected error.

An error GoDaddy is not ashamed to ask an arm and a leg for.

I am done with their incompetent company - moving over to somebody else.

Customers should now before they invest a lot of effort, time and money into your product.

Unreliable service

GoDaddy

Certificate

I bought my web name and SSL certificate from Go Daddy. I recently renewed my SSL certificate (a week prior to lapse). I followed the steps to renew it, download the new certificate, etc. A week later, my website is down with a message stating the website is not secure and that the SSL certificate is out of date. I called Customer Service and explained I followed their steps to renew the certificate, but it's still not working. Customer Service shrugged and said they couldn't help me. All he would do is resend me the instructions on how to download a new certificate. I then attempted the process again, but their system would not allow me to reinstall the certificate because it stated it's already installed. The download button was grayed out with a message stating if it's gray, then it's already installed. The instructions would not let me go any further. When I asked Customer Service if they could tell me what I'm doing wrong, they said no-that I should just follow the emailed instructions.

Certificate

GoDaddy Operating Company

Failure to respond / advise on why domain website keeps going down

I have been received emails from godaddy advising that my website is doen several times a day. having raised a chat with the helpdesk, they were not helpful. Having raised my query to [protected]@godaddy.com, they have also not responded. IF it is not a geniuine email than godaddy should advise as it could potentially be fraudulant. Due to the lack of response I can only presume that my website has been going down frequently for whcih they are avoinding making a response to prevent any claims against them for failing to provide a service. This not only would go against the services I have paid for which they should be providing but also in customer service - why should I continue to utilise theoir services if this is the level of service I am to continue to receive?

• Updated by mangoes159 · Feb 12, 2020

Thanks LanceNickel. That is what I was trying to establish from godaddy as to whether they were genuine emails but they could not confirm this. Strangely enough having queried the emails with godaddy I have since stopped receiving these emails although they have yet to respond to me - coincidence perhaps?

• La
    LanceNickel Feb 11, 2020

While I am not familiar with your case, Godaddy has never emailed me advising my website is going down. Be very wary of emails like that, they are likely fraudulent and are designed to look like it's from Godaddy to steal your username and password.

You can check the Godaddy status page here: https://www.godaddy.com/system-status/

This is straight from Godaddy and they publish past downtime, planned maintenance, and current incidents.

If you are still unsure, contact Godaddy yourself so they can explain what those emails are.

(I don't work for Godaddy, just an IT guy trying to help out).

Can't cancel auto-renewal before renewal date

I called up the day before my domain names were due to be renewed to cancel them but was advised id been charged a week earlier and that they couldnt be cancelled yet. Even though i advised that the domains original 1 year purchase doesnt expire until tomorrow, they advised i still couldnt cancel the next 2 year renewal and cant refund me the $500 they had charged me.

They pointed me to AUDA policy as to why they couldnt refund, so i looked this up and found that per AUDA they still should and could refund me, to which the contact named Nada simply advised their own policy said they cant and wont even though she had just said it was because of the AUDA policy.

After spending over $2k in 12 months with Go Daddy i am in disbelief with the lack of willingness to assist in a matter where they clearly have the power to assist.

No follow up

Our biggest complaint is we receive no call backs. No follow up calls. They send emails but if we have questions and respond it is day's before we hear back. It is very discouraging to keep waiting on a call or an email. At first they push you so wanting everything done and once you get most of the set up done - then there is no followup. Our account manager said at the beginning that you can call for help but when you run a business you cannot be sitting on hold forever. Also, we are still trying to get a photo shoot scheduled and its hard when no one calls back to try and organize this. We signed up for this service on October 21, 2019. Our biggest concern is getting our social media page up and running and receiving a call back. MSH707616

Also, when they were selling Go Daddy to us we have a flood picture on the Google web site. They told us that did not look good for the company and if we signed with them they could take that picture off our website. The picture is still there. Then after we signed with Go Daddy now they say well they aren't for sure if they can take that off. They have to get approval from Google.

What we want is to get the flood pictures off the Google site, have an Account Manager Christopher Reigard return our calls. Also you never get Christopher when you call that [protected]. The customer service people you get cannot answer the questions.

Father and Son's Home Painting
[protected]

Never host your website with godaddy

Never take any service from godaddy. Their service is worst among all the hosting service providers. In TV Mahendrasingh dhoni appears and gives arvertisements for godaddy. Thinking that it is a good service I migrated to godaddy and I took costly hosting plan. Few months passed without any problem.

My wesite got one word press website and one phpbb forum. The forum got lot of project related PDF attachments in files folder. Only less then 10 associates access the wesite from chennai India. No other visitors and no other users of the attachments.

All of the sudden I got email saying that I need to remove files folder. Without that folder my wesite is useless and I can not run any project as my associates can not see any attachments. So I could not delete the folder.

1. Yesterday my website got suspended.
2. Now I need to delete files folder to get back my account.
3. Called customer support and asked for FTP access. Made 4 calls to customer support and waited for more then 5 hours to get FTP access. Each and every time the customer support guy thinks that the customer is a small kid and he needs to teach everything to the customer. I clearly said I am a Director(IT) and got more then 40 years experience in IT. Still the customer support guys spend enough time to talk useless stuff without understanding what I need.
They took lot of time to finish their pre-scripted useless talk and started asking what the customer needs.
4. Now I need to take backup and delete the files folder. I started downloading files content to my local system (local copy).
5. My FTP access stopped after few minutes.
6. Again I called customer support and got FTP access after 1 hour.
7. Initiated download again. Again my FTP access is denied after few min.
8. This process went on and I took FTP access 12 times for downloading some 6 GB files
9. I deleted all the folders and big files.
10.Called customer support and asked then to re-enable my account.
11.Customer support guys said I did not delete all the folders. I sent screenshots to their email IDs and proved that the folders are deleted. The customer support guys said they talked with US guys and US guys said that those folders are not deleted yet and need to be deleted. I asked them to share the screenshots showing that the folders are still present. Customer support guys refused to share screenshot and kep on asking me to delete the folders what I deleted already.
12. I started shouting the customer support guys in all bad words.
13. The team leader joined the call again and again the same story went of for 4 hours.
14. Finally I asked them to share the escalation email IDs so that I can escalate further.
15. All of the sudden the customer support guys started pointing other small files and folders and asked me to delete. They just want to pass some time it seems. I took local backup and deleted all the folders.
16. I got some 10 emails asking about the quality of the customer support. I gave worst rating as I am already getting worst customer support and worst technical support.
17. Finally I asked the customer support guys to delete any file/folder which they feel and re-activate my account.They refused.
18. Finally I said. Enough is enough. I just need CPanel access so that I can migrate to some other good hosting provider.
19. Again the customer support guys started blah blah and took lot of time and did nothing.
20. After some 3 hours I got CPanel access now.
21. I was told to re-check my account again and to delete the files if there any. Otherwise my website will be suspended after 3 hours.
22. I did not delete any files/folders as I already deleted them to get back my account.
23. Now my account is active. PHPBB forum is totally useless without attachments.
24. I am taking full backup and signed for a hosting account in another good service provider.
25. I need to migrate everything to the new hosting account within this three hours as I don't know what will happen after 3 hours.

I faced hell of problems with godaddy customer support in this small issue. I did not write all here as already it is too much now.

Godaddy is worst company and only run by advertisement otherwise it will be closed as soon as possible.

Godaddy staff are illiterate, You will get frustrated.

NEVER EVER HOST YOUR WEBSITE WITH GODADDY.
YOU WILL FACE WORST PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT ANY TIME.

Email service

They charged and drafted $270 for a service I didn't approve or ask for. Will not refund. This is very unethical for a company to do. Very unethical company and they should be punished for Steeling from the public. They told me it was against their policy to refund it and I can't get to anyone in management. This company is awful to its customers and they need to be held accountable

Email service

Office 365

GoDaddy Office 365 is not fully supported by this reseller. It is not brought out at the time of sale. I have a problem with my account that is impacting my business and they will not escalate it to Microsoft Engineers.

They sell a watered down version of Office 365 that is not supported. This should be brought out before customer signs the agreement.

service

I bought domain name moments memories. I was not inform by GoDaddy that I need to buy SSL certificate. Later...

charged for unsolicited product - customer #: [protected]

I was charged for the "Ultimate Domain Protection and Security Renewal", which I never requested. And for a 3 years period.

I don't need this service.
I'd like to you to please reimburse my credit card in the same amount charged.

I also tried to cancel the authomatic renewal of my services, but the godaddy site doesn't allow me to (comes back with error message).

Thank you.
Antonio Sa

godaddy / forced to buy products for immediate solutions

Godaddy guys are not good, they have deactivated my current plan stating that my product is end of life, i had renew the product 2 months back and i have paid total 6700/- approx for one year subscription, its just 2 months over all my emails got suspended the suddenly, two weeks back i got the email about this suspension and when i spoke to customer care executive, he told me that my email are active and it will be active till 16th sept 2020 and mistakenly they have sent that wrong email about email suspension but after a week all my email got suspended again called customer care and they giving me a different story, all my email has lost their life and i have to buy the new product now, this is how they are pushing sales, This is totally unfair and professionally godaddy is not trustworthy for your business, to run the show for time being i have paid for one month subscription and later, i will switch over to some other good hosting company. I have all screenshots and proof with me to legal with them. Take Care Friends

godaddy / forced to buy products for immediate solutions

refund on cancelling my domain

We cancelled our domaine and they still took money off our credit card a couple of years AFTER cancellation! we contacted them. They apologized and "sent a refund" we got a receipt for refund number, Never got the refund. Called them again, they said call your bank. Bank says there is NO refund. Call Godaddy again, they give me a run around!!!
They won't actually give us the money back they literally STOLE from our account! So what does a confirmation of refund number help?? ZERO. How many times have they done this?
Hoping people won't check their visa statements years after they're done dealing with a company? This is outright theft. Then the so-called support (see photo) says he has "checked the back end"??? and tells me to call someone else, who we've ALREADY called!
The credit card has been cancelled so they can't do it to us again. But on principal...I have the right to get my money returned to me.

GoDaddy Operating Company

cheating and blackmailing fraud charges

after paid my renewal, godaddy lock my domain and asking charge back charges for $50+ to activate my domain, if i dont pay they will not activate nor transfer my domain... its blackmailing... see the conversation for your reference

Thank you for contacting the sales and support, My name is Veena.How may I help you today?
hi
at 14:24, Oct 16:
my domain is not working
Hello:)
at 14:24, Oct 16:
How may I help you today..?
at 14:24, Oct 16:
my account got some issue
since 10day
at 14:25, Oct 16:
after payment... you guys making our bussiness emails is stuck
at 14:25, Oct 16:
I regret for the inconvenience which you are facing.
Sure, I can help you.
tell me
at 14:26, Oct 16:
As I understand you want to know about the site is not live and emails issue, Am I correct?
at 14:26, Oct 16:
Before proceeding further, may I have the customer number and support pin please?
at 14:28, Oct 16:
2 Step Verification Enabled This customer has 2FA enabled. You must verify BOTH factors to continue for full access to this account?
at 14:29, Oct 16:
Thank you for providing your valuable details.
at 14:29, Oct 16:
Just to set the right expectation, I will be checking on your concern and at the same time, I will perform an account review to make sure that there's nothing needs our immediate attention. Would that be okay?
at 14:29, Oct 16:
May I know the domain name please?
at 14:30, Oct 16:
bondandedge.in
at 14:30, Oct 16:
I can't see the domain in the account, may I know from where you brought it.
at 14:31, Oct 16:
from godaddy
at 14:32, Oct 16:
at 14:32, Oct 16:
Give me 2-3 minutes checking with the resources.
at 14:33, Oct 16:
goto my billing section and see my products
Yes please.
at 14:38, Oct 16:
Still working please stay connected for more 3-5 minutes.
at 14:40, Oct 16:
okay
at 14:40, Oct 16:
at 14:46, Oct 16:
I checked with the team, you need to pay the charge back fee and misc fee to get the domain back and then you can see the site live.
at 14:47, Oct 16:
for what
at 14:48, Oct 16:
you need to pay the penalty for stoping my site after getting our payment
at 14:49, Oct 16:
please send me the details... i really want to takeup this serious the way godaddy is handing customer
at 14:49, Oct 16:
i am struggling since 10days without business
at 14:50, Oct 16:
I am sorry for the inconvience.
at 14:50, Oct 16:
at 14:51, Oct 16:
yes i am here only to sortout this issue
at 14:51, Oct 16:
this become very serious issue now...
at 14:53, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can understand your situation as you approach our team earlier also I am working on it for the best resolution to get the domain back and make the site live.
at 14:53, Oct 16:
So I kindly request to wait for the 5-7 minutes.
sure...
at 15:03, Oct 16:
at 15:05, Oct 16:
ya
at 15:06, Oct 16:
Thank you for your patience.
at 15:06, Oct 16:
I am checking from the backend team.
please
at 15:06, Oct 16:
i am having lots of complain from our clients as they are not getting and receiving our emails
at 15:08, Oct 16:
I am sorry If the domain is not working then emails will also not work,
at 15:08, Oct 16:
ya
at 15:09, Oct 16:
I approached the backend team you have to pay the charge of the $50 + domain fee then we will activate the domain.
at 15:10, Oct 16:
for what this charges?
as i have already paid my 3months renewal fee
at 15:11, Oct 16:
As the domain been locked
at 15:11, Oct 16:
I can see you paid for the hosting for 3 months right.
at 15:11, Oct 16:
you have locked... and now you are asking to unlock i have to pay... for what
yes 3months
at 15:11, Oct 16:
Now the issue with the domain.
at 15:13, Oct 16:
For the domain last time when you are making the payment there was the payment issue and thats the reason you need to pay the amount to get the domain back.
at 15:14, Oct 16:
dear... please talk to the right person and sortout...
at 15:15, Oct 16:
if not then cancel all my products and transfer my products to other hosting provider...
at 15:15, Oct 16:
I totally understand the situation so I checked with the team and you need to pay for it to get the domain back nad make the site live.
at 15:15, Oct 16:
you have already taking the renewal bill and blocking by yoursel and now asking to unlock i need to pay charges... for what i dont no
at 15:16, Oct 16:
please transfer domains now...
and refund my payment
at 15:16, Oct 16:
After payment then our team will activate the domain.
at 15:16, Oct 16:
The domain is not active to transfer.
at 15:17, Oct 16:
IF the domain is active after the payment you can transfer it.
at 15:17, Oct 16:
for what you have taking my money...?
at 15:17, Oct 16:
So I request to go with the charge back as before the payment was unsuccessful for the domain and there was the issue.
at 15:19, Oct 16:
which payment you are talking about... after getting renewal you have stopped...
Domain.
at 15:19, Oct 16:
please refund the payment... i will look for
at 15:20, Oct 16:
May I know for which product you are looking for the refund?
at 15:20, Oct 16:
you guys are just cheating
bondandedge.in
i have paid for domain and hosting for 3months
at 15:21, Oct 16:
goto my billing and see the details
for your reference
at 15:22, Oct 16:
Bank Authorization no: 097423
at 15:22, Oct 16:
29th Sep
at 15:23, Oct 16:
I can see you renewed the hosting on the sep 27th for the 3 months which is not possible to refund the amount now, If you brought the product for the 1 year we can help with the refund with in the 30 days as you brought it for th 3 months which is possible to refund with in 2 days.
at 15:23, Oct 16:
As it is not in the refund policy.
at 15:24, Oct 16:
good to know... from godaddy are cheating with customers
at 15:25, Oct 16:
you taking the money and blocked the site... when asking why its blocked
at 15:25, Oct 16:
they are charging extra money to unlock or godaddy will not refund...
very good...
at 15:25, Oct 16:
I am sorry, as per the refund policy I checked with the team and informed which is not possible to refund.
at 15:26, Oct 16:
please give me details in return... i will see what i can ...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
you simple take money and blocked...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
now you are not even ready to transfer...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
The amount you are paying for the issue when you faced for the domain payment before and due to the payment it went to the unlock, If you make the payment fo rthe domain now then we will help in active and unlock.
at 15:27, Oct 16:
why i have to pay you...
for who's problem
at 15:27, Oct 16:
that is your internal issues of mismanagement
at 15:28, Oct 16:
how you can clam from the customers?
at 15:28, Oct 16:
I am sorry the issue for the domain payment which was done before for the payment issue.
at 15:29, Oct 16:
So If you make the payment now then the domain will be active.
at 15:29, Oct 16:
why i have to pay... you are asking again and agian...
at 15:31, Oct 16:
give me your statement in detail... why you have taken our money and why you have locked after getting payment in your account and now you are charging to unlock... pay and activate
at 15:32, Oct 16:
The charge which you are going to pay now is not fo rthe unlock, that is for the amount which you were facing issue for the domain payment earlier so get the domain back in the account you need to pay the charge.
at 15:32, Oct 16:
godaddy is blackmailing to the custsomers
at 15:33, Oct 16:
I am sorry I checked with the team and suggested with the all options for the domain and also the reason for it.
at 15:33, Oct 16:
if its not active then why you have renew my account with 3months payment
at 15:34, Oct 16:
you should have not take our renewal...
at 15:34, Oct 16:
I am sorry the renewal was for the hosting, now the issue with teh domain.
at 15:35, Oct 16:
do you wnat to see the godaddy invoice?
at 15:35, Oct 16:
its clearly mention in the invoice
25.18 + 13.64
USD
at 15:36, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can see the order been placed from your end.
at 15:37, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can see the order been placed from your end.
at 15:37, Oct 16:
also you have claimed... its in your bank now
at 15:38, Oct 16:
bank authorization number:097423
at 15:39, Oct 16:
Is that for the domain or the hosting renewal?
both
hosting 25.18
domain 13.64
at 15:42, Oct 16:
I am sorry If that is claimed we would not ask for the chargeback for the domain to active, to in order to get that back now you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:43, Oct 16:
what does it mean... i have not idea
at 15:44, Oct 16:
If the amount is claimed from our end we would not asked for the charge back, so I request to check with your bank once.To get the domain back a and active you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:45, Oct 16:
after checking with our bank i have given you the authorization number
okay
Let me check.
at 15:46, Oct 16:
Give me 2-3 minutes checking with the resources.
at 15:53, Oct 16:
Our team checked with the details.The amount is not taken back but as per now you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:53, Oct 16:
After approaching the all team with the all details I shared.
at 15:54, Oct 16:
charge back means?
at 15:54, Oct 16:
To get the domain back as there was the issue when you were making payment.
at 15:55, Oct 16:
so... what is my problem
at 15:55, Oct 16:
finally you received in your account
at 15:59, Oct 16:
I am sorry after that the amount is taken back as per from our end in teh orders
at 15:59, Oct 16:
what you want to say...? you have refund the amount?
at 16:00, Oct 16:
goto my account and see the payment receipts
at 16:00, Oct 16:
The amount is not claimed from the godaddy so we are asking for the chargeback.
at 16:01, Oct 16:
i have given you the bank authorization number... its deducted from my account and i have been personally to the bank and checked the system...
at 16:02, Oct 16:
if you have not claimed the give me in writing i will make sure
at 16:03, Oct 16:
thats a reason my bank given me the details about time and date you have claimed
at 16:03, Oct 16:
along with the authorization number
at 16:06, Oct 16:
I am sorry I understand but when our backend team checked.
at 16:07, Oct 16:
Where we dont have the access to those, so as per the backend team I instructed with the all steps.
at 16:08, Oct 16:
please tell me what you are going to do now...
at 16:08, Oct 16:
i have to leave office
at 16:09, Oct 16:
As I checked with the team, you have to go with teh charge back then we can activate the domain from the backend team.
at 16:10, Oct 16:
can you please give me this is godaddy statement
at 16:10, Oct 16:
I am sorry I wish I could but as our backend team checked and we dont have any option to send anything through the statement.
at 16:11, Oct 16:
But after payment we will sure activate the domain after checking with the team.
at 16:11, Oct 16:
i will not pay the godaddy cheating fraud amount
at 16:12, Oct 16:
that is your issue...
at 16:12, Oct 16:
i will make complain to all the social channels... as much as possible
at 16:13, Oct 16:
i will take this chat availabe for all the customers
at 16:13, Oct 16:
thanks

renewal which was not agreed

I write to place a complaint about my treated by your members of staff and the renewal price which I did not agree to.

As I received notification of renewal I made contact as I was not happy with the price. I'm a long standing customer and this renewal is too high. I was informed that it was to be put into the hands of a manager for a discount to be applied as the chat agent could not do it. I heard nothing until today when I received an email stating that over £100 had been taken from my account and no discount applied. I did not agree to this amount and informed of this prior.

I connected to chat again and was told I needed to call in. First I was given a non UK number. I informed I was in the UK, however was told it is toll free. I had to explain that the number is not free for UK if it does not have 0800 at the beginning. The agent then gave me the correct number to call in the UK. I called this number twice due to the poor professional conduct I received and the incorrect information. The first agent stated that I can't make a complaint until 72 hours have passed. The second agent did not listen to a word I said and stated he can't write a email complaint for me. I did not ask him to do this so I've no idea why he thought this was the case.

The bottom line is I'm very unhappy with the renewal. I made contact regarding. I was told a discount would be applied. Nothing was done then I get two very unhelpful agents not trying to aid in anyway what whatsoever.

I would like this matter addressed and a discount applied.

cheating, false charges, changes to my settings they made to make them money, and possibly email hacking

Just signed into my godaddy account and discovered that all my domain names (I buy some for possible future use, then either sell or let them expire) had been changed to auto-renew. Many had just renewed, at godaddy's profit. I am 100% positive that for years I'd turned domain names off the auto renew policy, and seen that when signing on--but they were all on auto renew now, including domain names that had just renewed I'd abandoned years ago.
Worse: for months I'd been getting sales calls to pressure me to change to a more expensive and supposedly more secure email hosting plan. I rejected it, many times, and forcefully. Last week I got an email back from someone (trustworthy) I'd emailed to, with my earlier email to them in their message back to me. Opened the word doc attached, and it was a virus, I was hacked. This is not your typical pfishing attempt that is generic and goes out to tons of people--this was done with an email I'd sent a few days prior, a tailored attack. I'm not a company or person of any size to attract a dedicated hacker. When I discovered the hack, and website certificates weren't working, I had to call call godaddy to get them to change passwords on all my emails. I was connected with Thomas Sauer, [protected]@godaddy.com, Advanced Email Productivity - Premier Department. He immediately launched into his high pressure sales pitch for their better/more expensive email service. I said several times, then yelled, saying I am NOT buying anything from Godaddy, I just want all my email passwords changed, immediately, because hacker was at work.
My suspicion is that godaddy was the hacker, screwing me over to justify their "premier" email service.
Another reason to suspect godaddy--no written record you can have of contact, work with them. They do all by phone, there is no way to email godaddy for help or a complaint. They want you on phone to 1. sell to you, and 2. leave no written record you can use of later proof that what you agreed to on phone is what actually happens and you get charged for.
I've been a godaddy customer because of low cost and ability to get to someone on phone with help--but after my experience, reading other complaints, I suspect they are low cost because of their illegal ways they make big profits cheating customers and quite possibly even using their inside information/access to hack them.
If there is a class action lawsuit against godaddy: LET ME KNOW. I'll gladly join it and testify. [protected]@drewmiller.com

I am getting threatening emails. I blocked, but emails keep coming, twice a week. I contacted GoDaddy 1-1/2 weeks ago. I want to know how to block.
Since then, I have sent two more emails to GoDaddy to help me block this person. I have not heard a word from them.
But you can be sure when you call, they will try to sell you something. They are really good with that, not so much with complaints.

arizona consortium network

Dear GoDaddy

I have been with you with some 18 years with an active account nlkey.com.
I had just started another of many projects with Go-daddy. This has to be the worst customer service i have ever gotten. This is how Go-daddy treats a long standing customer, are you now so big you have forgotten who help you when you were little bitty. I would like a phone about this experience Please
Daniel Heady

customer service chat

Have been a customer of GoDaddy since 2014. Initiated chat to ask a question. The person on the chat only sent me links to help articles which I had already tried and then turned extremely rude and told me I was using an old interface. When I said that they had just sold me a year's subscription, she said no that they had sold it to me 2 months ago and that it was too late to transfer to an updated platform? Why are they selling something for a year if it is outdated. I am so confused? When I ask if what I was trying to do (add a metatag) would work on the new platform, she said "well you can try"

• SubSquirrel Aug 29, 2019

You need html help? Search for an online html help forum.

Your platform is a what? Coding software? Your domain expires after a year or two years or the length of your contract

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices