GoDaddy

+51 17 009 337(Peru) 1 0
+1 480-505-8800 0 0

Complaints & Reviews

Godaddy Managed WordPress - Hosting — Unreliable Service

I am so sick and tired of GoDaddy's unreliable service. Every second day there is an issue with their Managed Wordpress hosting facilities. There is always an unexpected error.

An error GoDaddy is not ashamed to ask an arm and a leg for.

I am done with their incompetent company - moving over to somebody else.

Customers should now before they invest a lot of effort, time and money into your product.

Unreliable Service

GoDaddy Operating Companycustomer service

I bought my web name and SSL certificate from Go Daddy. I recently renewed my SSL certificate (a week prior to lapse). I followed the steps to renew it, download the new certificate, etc. A week later, my website is down with a message stating the website is not secure and that the SSL certificate is out of date. I called Customer Service and explained I followed their steps to renew the certificate, but it's still not working. Customer Service shrugged and said they couldn't help me. All he would do is resend me the instructions on how to download a new certificate. I then attempted the process again, but their system would not allow me to reinstall the certificate because it stated it's already installed. The download button was grayed out with a message stating if it's gray, then it's already installed. The instructions would not let me go any further. When I asked Customer Service if they could tell me what I'm doing wrong, they said no-that I should just follow the emailed instructions.

customer service

GoDaddy Operating Companyfailure to respond / advise on why domain website keeps going down

I have been received emails from godaddy advising that my website is doen several times a day. having raised a chat with the helpdesk, they were not helpful. Having raised my query to [protected]@godaddy.com, they have also not responded. IF it is not a geniuine email than godaddy should advise as it could potentially be fraudulant. Due to the lack of response I can only presume that my website has been going down frequently for whcih they are avoinding making a response to prevent any claims against them for failing to provide a service. This not only would go against the services I have paid for which they should be providing but also in customer service - why should I continue to utilise theoir services if this is the level of service I am to continue to receive?

• Updated by mangoes159 · Feb 12, 2020

Thanks LanceNickel. That is what I was trying to establish from godaddy as to whether they were genuine emails but they could not confirm this. Strangely enough having queried the emails with godaddy I have since stopped receiving these emails although they have yet to respond to me - coincidence perhaps?

• La
    LanceNickel Feb 11, 2020

While I am not familiar with your case, Godaddy has never emailed me advising my website is going down. Be very wary of emails like that, they are likely fraudulent and are designed to look like it's from Godaddy to steal your username and password.

You can check the Godaddy status page here: https://www.godaddy.com/system-status/

This is straight from Godaddy and they publish past downtime, planned maintenance, and current incidents.

If you are still unsure, contact Godaddy yourself so they can explain what those emails are.

(I don't work for Godaddy, just an IT guy trying to help out).

GoDaddy Operating Companycan't cancel auto-renewal before renewal date

I called up the day before my domain names were due to be renewed to cancel them but was advised id been charged a week earlier and that they couldnt be cancelled yet. Even though i advised that the domains original 1 year purchase doesnt expire until tomorrow, they advised i still couldnt cancel the next 2 year renewal and cant refund me the $500 they had charged me.

They pointed me to AUDA policy as to why they couldnt refund, so i looked this up and found that per AUDA they still should and could refund me, to which the contact named Nada simply advised their own policy said they cant and wont even though she had just said it was because of the AUDA policy.

After spending over $2k in 12 months with Go Daddy i am in disbelief with the lack of willingness to assist in a matter where they clearly have the power to assist.

GoDaddy Operating Companyno follow up

Our biggest complaint is we receive no call backs. No follow up calls. They send emails but if we have questions and respond it is day's before we hear back. It is very discouraging to keep waiting on a call or an email. At first they push you so wanting everything done and once you get most of the set up done - then there is no followup. Our account manager said at the beginning that you can call for help but when you run a business you cannot be sitting on hold forever. Also, we are still trying to get a photo shoot scheduled and its hard when no one calls back to try and organize this. We signed up for this service on October 21, 2019. Our biggest concern is getting our social media page up and running and receiving a call back. MSH707616

Also, when they were selling Go Daddy to us we have a flood picture on the Google web site. They told us that did not look good for the company and if we signed with them they could take that picture off our website. The picture is still there. Then after we signed with Go Daddy now they say well they aren't for sure if they can take that off. They have to get approval from Google.

What we want is to get the flood pictures off the Google site, have an Account Manager Christopher Reigard return our calls. Also you never get Christopher when you call that [protected]. The customer service people you get cannot answer the questions.

Father and Son's Home Painting
[protected]

GoDaddy Operating Companynever host your website with godaddy

Never take any service from godaddy. Their service is worst among all the hosting service providers. In TV Mahendrasingh dhoni appears and gives arvertisements for godaddy. Thinking that it is a good service I migrated to godaddy and I took costly hosting plan. Few months passed without any problem.

My wesite got one word press website and one phpbb forum. The forum got lot of project related PDF attachments in files folder. Only less then 10 associates access the wesite from chennai India. No other visitors and no other users of the attachments.

All of the sudden I got email saying that I need to remove files folder. Without that folder my wesite is useless and I can not run any project as my associates can not see any attachments. So I could not delete the folder.

1. Yesterday my website got suspended.
2. Now I need to delete files folder to get back my account.
3. Called customer support and asked for FTP access. Made 4 calls to customer support and waited for more then 5 hours to get FTP access. Each and every time the customer support guy thinks that the customer is a small kid and he needs to teach everything to the customer. I clearly said I am a Director(IT) and got more then 40 years experience in IT. Still the customer support guys spend enough time to talk useless stuff without understanding what I need.
They took lot of time to finish their pre-scripted useless talk and started asking what the customer needs.
4. Now I need to take backup and delete the files folder. I started downloading files content to my local system (local copy).
5. My FTP access stopped after few minutes.
6. Again I called customer support and got FTP access after 1 hour.
7. Initiated download again. Again my FTP access is denied after few min.
8. This process went on and I took FTP access 12 times for downloading some 6 GB files
9. I deleted all the folders and big files.
10.Called customer support and asked then to re-enable my account.
11.Customer support guys said I did not delete all the folders. I sent screenshots to their email IDs and proved that the folders are deleted. The customer support guys said they talked with US guys and US guys said that those folders are not deleted yet and need to be deleted. I asked them to share the screenshots showing that the folders are still present. Customer support guys refused to share screenshot and kep on asking me to delete the folders what I deleted already.
12. I started shouting the customer support guys in all bad words.
13. The team leader joined the call again and again the same story went of for 4 hours.
14. Finally I asked them to share the escalation email IDs so that I can escalate further.
15. All of the sudden the customer support guys started pointing other small files and folders and asked me to delete. They just want to pass some time it seems. I took local backup and deleted all the folders.
16. I got some 10 emails asking about the quality of the customer support. I gave worst rating as I am already getting worst customer support and worst technical support.
17. Finally I asked the customer support guys to delete any file/folder which they feel and re-activate my account.They refused.
18. Finally I said. Enough is enough. I just need CPanel access so that I can migrate to some other good hosting provider.
19. Again the customer support guys started blah blah and took lot of time and did nothing.
20. After some 3 hours I got CPanel access now.
21. I was told to re-check my account again and to delete the files if there any. Otherwise my website will be suspended after 3 hours.
22. I did not delete any files/folders as I already deleted them to get back my account.
23. Now my account is active. PHPBB forum is totally useless without attachments.
24. I am taking full backup and signed for a hosting account in another good service provider.
25. I need to migrate everything to the new hosting account within this three hours as I don't know what will happen after 3 hours.

I faced hell of problems with godaddy customer support in this small issue. I did not write all here as already it is too much now.

Godaddy is worst company and only run by advertisement otherwise it will be closed as soon as possible.

Godaddy staff are illiterate, You will get frustrated.

NEVER EVER HOST YOUR WEBSITE WITH GODADDY.
YOU WILL FACE WORST PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AT ANY TIME.

GoDaddy Operating Companyemail service

They charged and drafted $270 for a service I didn't approve or ask for. Will not refund. This is very unethical for a company to do. Very unethical company and they should be punished for Steeling from the public. They told me it was against their policy to refund it and I can't get to anyone in management. This company is awful to its customers and they need to be held accountable

email service

Godaddy office 365

GoDaddy Office 365 is not fully supported by this reseller. It is not brought out at the time of sale. I have a problem with my account that is impacting my business and they will not escalate it to Microsoft Engineers.

They sell a watered down version of Office 365 that is not supported. This should be brought out before customer signs the agreement.

GoDaddy India — service

I bought domain name moments memories. I was not inform by GoDaddy that I need to buy SSL certificate. Later I got to know at the time of website making that SSL certificate i...

GoDaddy Operating Companycharged for unsolicited product - customer #: [protected]

I was charged for the "Ultimate Domain Protection and Security Renewal", which I never requested. And for a 3 years period.

I don't need this service.
I'd like to you to please reimburse my credit card in the same amount charged.

I also tried to cancel the authomatic renewal of my services, but the godaddy site doesn't allow me to (comes back with error message).

Thank you.
Antonio Sa

GoDaddy Operating Companygodaddy / forced to buy products for immediate solutions

Godaddy guys are not good, they have deactivated my current plan stating that my product is end of life, i had renew the product 2 months back and i have paid total 6700/- approx for one year subscription, its just 2 months over all my emails got suspended the suddenly, two weeks back i got the email about this suspension and when i spoke to customer care executive, he told me that my email are active and it will be active till 16th sept 2020 and mistakenly they have sent that wrong email about email suspension but after a week all my email got suspended again called customer care and they giving me a different story, all my email has lost their life and i have to buy the new product now, this is how they are pushing sales, This is totally unfair and professionally godaddy is not trustworthy for your business, to run the show for time being i have paid for one month subscription and later, i will switch over to some other good hosting company. I have all screenshots and proof with me to legal with them. Take Care Friends

godaddy / forced to buy products for immediate solutions

GoDaddy Operating Companyrefund on cancelling my domain

We cancelled our domaine and they still took money off our credit card a couple of years AFTER cancellation! we contacted them. They apologized and "sent a refund" we got a receipt for refund number, Never got the refund. Called them again, they said call your bank. Bank says there is NO refund. Call Godaddy again, they give me a run around!!!
They won't actually give us the money back they literally STOLE from our account! So what does a confirmation of refund number help?? ZERO. How many times have they done this?
Hoping people won't check their visa statements years after they're done dealing with a company? This is outright theft. Then the so-called support (see photo) says he has "checked the back end"??? and tells me to call someone else, who we've ALREADY called!
The credit card has been cancelled so they can't do it to us again. But on principal...I have the right to get my money returned to me.

refund on cancelling my domain
refund on cancelling my domain

GoDaddy Operating Companycheating and blackmailing fraud charges

after paid my renewal, godaddy lock my domain and asking charge back charges for $50+ to activate my domain, if i dont pay they will not activate nor transfer my domain... its blackmailing... see the conversation for your reference

Thank you for contacting the sales and support, My name is Veena.How may I help you today?
hi
at 14:24, Oct 16:
my domain is not working
Hello:)
at 14:24, Oct 16:
How may I help you today..?
at 14:24, Oct 16:
my account got some issue
since 10day
at 14:25, Oct 16:
after payment... you guys making our bussiness emails is stuck
at 14:25, Oct 16:
I regret for the inconvenience which you are facing.
Sure, I can help you.
tell me
at 14:26, Oct 16:
As I understand you want to know about the site is not live and emails issue, Am I correct?
at 14:26, Oct 16:
Before proceeding further, may I have the customer number and support pin please?
at 14:28, Oct 16:
2 Step Verification Enabled This customer has 2FA enabled. You must verify BOTH factors to continue for full access to this account?
at 14:29, Oct 16:
Thank you for providing your valuable details.
at 14:29, Oct 16:
Just to set the right expectation, I will be checking on your concern and at the same time, I will perform an account review to make sure that there's nothing needs our immediate attention. Would that be okay?
at 14:29, Oct 16:
May I know the domain name please?
at 14:30, Oct 16:
bondandedge.in
at 14:30, Oct 16:
I can't see the domain in the account, may I know from where you brought it.
at 14:31, Oct 16:
from godaddy
at 14:32, Oct 16:
at 14:32, Oct 16:
Give me 2-3 minutes checking with the resources.
at 14:33, Oct 16:
goto my billing section and see my products
Yes please.
at 14:38, Oct 16:
Still working please stay connected for more 3-5 minutes.
at 14:40, Oct 16:
okay
at 14:40, Oct 16:
at 14:46, Oct 16:
I checked with the team, you need to pay the charge back fee and misc fee to get the domain back and then you can see the site live.
at 14:47, Oct 16:
for what
at 14:48, Oct 16:
you need to pay the penalty for stoping my site after getting our payment
at 14:49, Oct 16:
please send me the details... i really want to takeup this serious the way godaddy is handing customer
at 14:49, Oct 16:
i am struggling since 10days without business
at 14:50, Oct 16:
I am sorry for the inconvience.
at 14:50, Oct 16:
at 14:51, Oct 16:
yes i am here only to sortout this issue
at 14:51, Oct 16:
this become very serious issue now...
at 14:53, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can understand your situation as you approach our team earlier also I am working on it for the best resolution to get the domain back and make the site live.
at 14:53, Oct 16:
So I kindly request to wait for the 5-7 minutes.
sure...
at 15:03, Oct 16:
at 15:05, Oct 16:
ya
at 15:06, Oct 16:
Thank you for your patience.
at 15:06, Oct 16:
I am checking from the backend team.
please
at 15:06, Oct 16:
i am having lots of complain from our clients as they are not getting and receiving our emails
at 15:08, Oct 16:
I am sorry If the domain is not working then emails will also not work,
at 15:08, Oct 16:
ya
at 15:09, Oct 16:
I approached the backend team you have to pay the charge of the $50 + domain fee then we will activate the domain.
at 15:10, Oct 16:
for what this charges?
as i have already paid my 3months renewal fee
at 15:11, Oct 16:
As the domain been locked
at 15:11, Oct 16:
I can see you paid for the hosting for 3 months right.
at 15:11, Oct 16:
you have locked... and now you are asking to unlock i have to pay... for what
yes 3months
at 15:11, Oct 16:
Now the issue with the domain.
at 15:13, Oct 16:
For the domain last time when you are making the payment there was the payment issue and thats the reason you need to pay the amount to get the domain back.
at 15:14, Oct 16:
dear... please talk to the right person and sortout...
at 15:15, Oct 16:
if not then cancel all my products and transfer my products to other hosting provider...
at 15:15, Oct 16:
I totally understand the situation so I checked with the team and you need to pay for it to get the domain back nad make the site live.
at 15:15, Oct 16:
you have already taking the renewal bill and blocking by yoursel and now asking to unlock i need to pay charges... for what i dont no
at 15:16, Oct 16:
please transfer domains now...
and refund my payment
at 15:16, Oct 16:
After payment then our team will activate the domain.
at 15:16, Oct 16:
The domain is not active to transfer.
at 15:17, Oct 16:
IF the domain is active after the payment you can transfer it.
at 15:17, Oct 16:
for what you have taking my money...?
at 15:17, Oct 16:
So I request to go with the charge back as before the payment was unsuccessful for the domain and there was the issue.
at 15:19, Oct 16:
which payment you are talking about... after getting renewal you have stopped...
Domain.
at 15:19, Oct 16:
please refund the payment... i will look for
at 15:20, Oct 16:
May I know for which product you are looking for the refund?
at 15:20, Oct 16:
you guys are just cheating
bondandedge.in
i have paid for domain and hosting for 3months
at 15:21, Oct 16:
goto my billing and see the details
for your reference
at 15:22, Oct 16:
Bank Authorization no: 097423
at 15:22, Oct 16:
29th Sep
at 15:23, Oct 16:
I can see you renewed the hosting on the sep 27th for the 3 months which is not possible to refund the amount now, If you brought the product for the 1 year we can help with the refund with in the 30 days as you brought it for th 3 months which is possible to refund with in 2 days.
at 15:23, Oct 16:
As it is not in the refund policy.
at 15:24, Oct 16:
good to know... from godaddy are cheating with customers
at 15:25, Oct 16:
you taking the money and blocked the site... when asking why its blocked
at 15:25, Oct 16:
they are charging extra money to unlock or godaddy will not refund...
very good...
at 15:25, Oct 16:
I am sorry, as per the refund policy I checked with the team and informed which is not possible to refund.
at 15:26, Oct 16:
please give me details in return... i will see what i can ...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
you simple take money and blocked...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
now you are not even ready to transfer...
at 15:26, Oct 16:
The amount you are paying for the issue when you faced for the domain payment before and due to the payment it went to the unlock, If you make the payment fo rthe domain now then we will help in active and unlock.
at 15:27, Oct 16:
why i have to pay you...
for who's problem
at 15:27, Oct 16:
that is your internal issues of mismanagement
at 15:28, Oct 16:
how you can clam from the customers?
at 15:28, Oct 16:
I am sorry the issue for the domain payment which was done before for the payment issue.
at 15:29, Oct 16:
So If you make the payment now then the domain will be active.
at 15:29, Oct 16:
why i have to pay... you are asking again and agian...
at 15:31, Oct 16:
give me your statement in detail... why you have taken our money and why you have locked after getting payment in your account and now you are charging to unlock... pay and activate
at 15:32, Oct 16:
The charge which you are going to pay now is not fo rthe unlock, that is for the amount which you were facing issue for the domain payment earlier so get the domain back in the account you need to pay the charge.
at 15:32, Oct 16:
godaddy is blackmailing to the custsomers
at 15:33, Oct 16:
I am sorry I checked with the team and suggested with the all options for the domain and also the reason for it.
at 15:33, Oct 16:
if its not active then why you have renew my account with 3months payment
at 15:34, Oct 16:
you should have not take our renewal...
at 15:34, Oct 16:
I am sorry the renewal was for the hosting, now the issue with teh domain.
at 15:35, Oct 16:
do you wnat to see the godaddy invoice?
at 15:35, Oct 16:
its clearly mention in the invoice
25.18 + 13.64
USD
at 15:36, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can see the order been placed from your end.
at 15:37, Oct 16:
I am sorry I can see the order been placed from your end.
at 15:37, Oct 16:
also you have claimed... its in your bank now
at 15:38, Oct 16:
bank authorization number:097423
at 15:39, Oct 16:
Is that for the domain or the hosting renewal?
both
hosting 25.18
domain 13.64
at 15:42, Oct 16:
I am sorry If that is claimed we would not ask for the chargeback for the domain to active, to in order to get that back now you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:43, Oct 16:
what does it mean... i have not idea
at 15:44, Oct 16:
If the amount is claimed from our end we would not asked for the charge back, so I request to check with your bank once.To get the domain back a and active you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:45, Oct 16:
after checking with our bank i have given you the authorization number
okay
Let me check.
at 15:46, Oct 16:
Give me 2-3 minutes checking with the resources.
at 15:53, Oct 16:
Our team checked with the details.The amount is not taken back but as per now you have to go with the charge back.
at 15:53, Oct 16:
After approaching the all team with the all details I shared.
at 15:54, Oct 16:
charge back means?
at 15:54, Oct 16:
To get the domain back as there was the issue when you were making payment.
at 15:55, Oct 16:
so... what is my problem
at 15:55, Oct 16:
finally you received in your account
at 15:59, Oct 16:
I am sorry after that the amount is taken back as per from our end in teh orders
at 15:59, Oct 16:
what you want to say...? you have refund the amount?
at 16:00, Oct 16:
goto my account and see the payment receipts
at 16:00, Oct 16:
The amount is not claimed from the godaddy so we are asking for the chargeback.
at 16:01, Oct 16:
i have given you the bank authorization number... its deducted from my account and i have been personally to the bank and checked the system...
at 16:02, Oct 16:
if you have not claimed the give me in writing i will make sure
at 16:03, Oct 16:
thats a reason my bank given me the details about time and date you have claimed
at 16:03, Oct 16:
along with the authorization number
at 16:06, Oct 16:
I am sorry I understand but when our backend team checked.
at 16:07, Oct 16:
Where we dont have the access to those, so as per the backend team I instructed with the all steps.
at 16:08, Oct 16:
please tell me what you are going to do now...
at 16:08, Oct 16:
i have to leave office
at 16:09, Oct 16:
As I checked with the team, you have to go with teh charge back then we can activate the domain from the backend team.
at 16:10, Oct 16:
can you please give me this is godaddy statement
at 16:10, Oct 16:
I am sorry I wish I could but as our backend team checked and we dont have any option to send anything through the statement.
at 16:11, Oct 16:
But after payment we will sure activate the domain after checking with the team.
at 16:11, Oct 16:
i will not pay the godaddy cheating fraud amount
at 16:12, Oct 16:
that is your issue...
at 16:12, Oct 16:
i will make complain to all the social channels... as much as possible
at 16:13, Oct 16:
i will take this chat availabe for all the customers
at 16:13, Oct 16:
thanks

GoDaddy Operating Companyrenewal which was not agreed

I write to place a complaint about my treated by your members of staff and the renewal price which I did not agree to.

As I received notification of renewal I made contact as I was not happy with the price. I'm a long standing customer and this renewal is too high. I was informed that it was to be put into the hands of a manager for a discount to be applied as the chat agent could not do it. I heard nothing until today when I received an email stating that over £100 had been taken from my account and no discount applied. I did not agree to this amount and informed of this prior.

I connected to chat again and was told I needed to call in. First I was given a non UK number. I informed I was in the UK, however was told it is toll free. I had to explain that the number is not free for UK if it does not have 0800 at the beginning. The agent then gave me the correct number to call in the UK. I called this number twice due to the poor professional conduct I received and the incorrect information. The first agent stated that I can't make a complaint until 72 hours have passed. The second agent did not listen to a word I said and stated he can't write a email complaint for me. I did not ask him to do this so I've no idea why he thought this was the case.

The bottom line is I'm very unhappy with the renewal. I made contact regarding. I was told a discount would be applied. Nothing was done then I get two very unhelpful agents not trying to aid in anyway what whatsoever.

I would like this matter addressed and a discount applied.

GoDaddy Operating Companycheating, false charges, changes to my settings they made to make them money, and possibly email hacking

Just signed into my godaddy account and discovered that all my domain names (I buy some for possible future use, then either sell or let them expire) had been changed to auto-renew. Many had just renewed, at godaddy's profit. I am 100% positive that for years I'd turned domain names off the auto renew policy, and seen that when signing on--but they were all on auto renew now, including domain names that had just renewed I'd abandoned years ago.
Worse: for months I'd been getting sales calls to pressure me to change to a more expensive and supposedly more secure email hosting plan. I rejected it, many times, and forcefully. Last week I got an email back from someone (trustworthy) I'd emailed to, with my earlier email to them in their message back to me. Opened the word doc attached, and it was a virus, I was hacked. This is not your typical pfishing attempt that is generic and goes out to tons of people--this was done with an email I'd sent a few days prior, a tailored attack. I'm not a company or person of any size to attract a dedicated hacker. When I discovered the hack, and website certificates weren't working, I had to call call godaddy to get them to change passwords on all my emails. I was connected with Thomas Sauer, [protected]@godaddy.com, Advanced Email Productivity - Premier Department. He immediately launched into his high pressure sales pitch for their better/more expensive email service. I said several times, then yelled, saying I am NOT buying anything from Godaddy, I just want all my email passwords changed, immediately, because hacker was at work.
My suspicion is that godaddy was the hacker, screwing me over to justify their "premier" email service.
Another reason to suspect godaddy--no written record you can have of contact, work with them. They do all by phone, there is no way to email godaddy for help or a complaint. They want you on phone to 1. sell to you, and 2. leave no written record you can use of later proof that what you agreed to on phone is what actually happens and you get charged for.
I've been a godaddy customer because of low cost and ability to get to someone on phone with help--but after my experience, reading other complaints, I suspect they are low cost because of their illegal ways they make big profits cheating customers and quite possibly even using their inside information/access to hack them.
If there is a class action lawsuit against godaddy: LET ME KNOW. I'll gladly join it and testify. [protected]@drewmiller.com

GoDaddy Operating Companyemail

I am getting threatening emails. I blocked, but emails keep coming, twice a week. I contacted GoDaddy 1-1/2 weeks ago. I want to know how to block.
Since then, I have sent two more emails to GoDaddy to help me block this person. I have not heard a word from them.
But you can be sure when you call, they will try to sell you something. They are really good with that, not so much with complaints.

GoDaddy Operating Companyarizona consortium network

Dear GoDaddy

I have been with you with some 18 years with an active account nlkey.com.
I had just started another of many projects with Go-daddy. This has to be the worst customer service i have ever gotten. This is how Go-daddy treats a long standing customer, are you now so big you have forgotten who help you when you were little bitty. I would like a phone about this experience Please
Daniel Heady

GoDaddy Operating Companycustomer service chat

Have been a customer of GoDaddy since 2014. Initiated chat to ask a question. The person on the chat only sent me links to help articles which I had already tried and then turned extremely rude and told me I was using an old interface. When I said that they had just sold me a year's subscription, she said no that they had sold it to me 2 months ago and that it was too late to transfer to an updated platform? Why are they selling something for a year if it is outdated. I am so confused? When I ask if what I was trying to do (add a metatag) would work on the new platform, she said "well you can try"

• SubSquirrel Aug 29, 2019

You need html help? Search for an online html help forum.

Your platform is a what? Coding software? Your domain expires after a year or two years or the length of your contract

GoDaddy Operating Companydomain management

Had a domain for two years and wished to add another - after several days of not receving the activation email I eventually got onto your online chat to be told after a lengthy confusing conversation that, although you had messed up the new domain, it was now on hold for 30 days and meanwhile you had taken payment. No refund was possible as out of your refund period - your mistake you should put things right!

customer number [protected] -

GoDaddy Operating Companyrefund approved and not issued

I had a linux hosting package with go daddy from feb 2017, after ongoing issues with go daddy support and limited technical support, we upgraded to your fully managed server in feb 2018, your us managed dept - wesley in particular - informed us (after checking our development site) that go daddy doesn't support some of the systems we were running, we decided it was best to move our hosting to another company that provided the support systems we needed. Refunds were put through to reverse the upgrade. Then a further refund was approved for $462.03 on may 7th. I have called 5 times now to follow up this refund - last two calls were as follows;
1. Orlando 31/5 7.30am - could see refund process date & was following up to find out where it had gone, altho could see the credit card ending in #2646 which was the account card for all of your debits. Told me I would receive follow up email - didnt receive email
2. Sheila 10/6 @ 7 am - right from the beginning of call, this woman didn't want to know about the issue, she was rude & very aggressive, she said to 'check with your bank' - as this has been going on for way too long, I have called the bank, they put trace on funds and find nothing - as it appears it hasn't left go daddy at all but maybe most people give up by now and you get to keep the refund as promised.

This is a clear breach of the accc legislation in australia and I will lodge a formal complaint with them and the australian consumer department, I also think the australian public needs to be aware, as go daddy are spending millions of dollars on mainstream marketing in this country and yet you are not an ethical company to deal with. I trust I receive a speedy response to my genuine issue
Thanks
Client number: [protected]- gwendoline mccracken

GoDaddy Operating Companycart does not support vnd

Online store does not allow me to put any value for a single product over the value of 999999.00 VND. that is about $60 Australian dollars. Needs to be fixed. payment gateway works and multiple orders work on values over 1, 000, 000. please fix asap. I can change the currency to Vietnamese so why cant it support any real amounts for sale. This is a real let down as i have spent weeks creating my store and paid for a year.!!!

GoDaddy Operating Companyunethical behaviour. terrible service, refusal to help get into your own account

I have been trying to get into my website to which I purchased my domain from GoDaddy and had placed a double authentication on my website for login purposes as my husband and I are getting a divorce. I changed my phone number and have been jumping through hoops to get it changed on MY OWN WEBSITE!! I am a small business owner who is getting complaints because my phone number is wrong.

I am disgusted with the service and lack of competence these people have. I feel wronged and misled and set up for failure. I have started my first request on May 1st 2019 and it is May 9th 2019 today. I have placed over 13 different calls to them to resolve this issue. I have asked how to get my domain transferred to another hosting site and they will not help me. I feel like they hijacked my business domain and they are not doing anything about it.

Small issues like this can put businesses out of business. I want a full refund for everything that cost me over 60 dollars and I want full access to my account. I also own those domains www.mckeestrategies.com and www.mckeestrategiesllc.com and I want them open so I can have my business name back.

This is wrong and unethical. They are a terrible unprofessional company that I will forever express is not a company i would ever want to have affiliated with me.

• Updated by Sybil Mckee · May 10, 2019

worst company ive ever dealt with!!!

GoDaddy Operating Companyhosting

It's been more than a day that my websites are broken and down due to the fact that I was unable to update my WordPress and plugins. I contacted their so-called professional support on chat and get connected with Neil Jordan.

That person nearly took 45 min and said there is no problem from our end this problem is due to the plugin. Whereas it was a fresh installation with a fresh database. He said I have forwarded your report and it will be fixed in other 90min. I gave it 2 hours and checked back the same issue was there.

I checked some of my other sites which are also hosted on the same server this problem was still there on my other websites. So I contacted them again this time Mounika p joined in and took a good amount of time saying that 3 of there technical team members are looking into the issue. Then after a long time they said that this is due to the reason that your DNS is configures with some other provider, I said yes it's been with them since the start.

Then they said to update my DNS pointing back to GoDaddy. I knew they were just trying to troll me because that will take up to 48 hrs to configure properly. But still, I configure as per their guidance then they said your issue will be resolved within 24 to 48 hrs. I was so pissed off I just asked them either to get your responsible person to send me an email of assurance or refund my money.

Then they said we cannot do that as we are not authorized to email you can have only chat transcript. They are good for nothing I have lost my money and time what should I do now my sites are still having the same issue. I had every right to ask for an assurance email because I have paid them to but they refused.

Then they forwarded my chat to some Ajesh K. Who is their supervisor as per them. He just shut the chat window on my face and left. What the *** I am supposed to do now. GoDaddy is just playing around with their customers' money.

And not only that if you try to turn off their auto-renewal then it won't work they will still charge you for auto renewal. Its a total scam

GoDaddy Operating Companyweb hosting

I singed up for their site builder. The calendar didn't display times correctly when linking google calendar. I called numerous times. I sent screen shots. I was told it works fine when the screen shot evidence showed it didn't work at all. I finally got a lady to agree with me that it wasn't working but the it department refused to acknowledge it wasn't working. Many unresolved questions on it in online help groups (I wasn't the only one). So, I altered my google calendar to have the wrong times so they'd show up right on my godaddy site. Then one day, they fixed it without telling anyone. Because of that my google calendar wrong times were showing up on my godaddy site making me look like a complete [censored].

So, because they are such a [censored] company, I tried transferring my domain to another company. Someone in the ceo complaints office (who you get contacted by when you file a bbb complaint) said they unlocked the site and was good to go for the transfer. Nope - rejected - transfer request rejected.

What am I supposed to do now? How do I transfer my domain if they say they unlocked it but still rejected the transfer?

Godaddy — domain renewal issues

34332 We were running a company in partnership with name of JST Business and we have domain from Godaddy and after 6 or 7 month my partner have resigned from the company after that i...

GoDaddy Operating Company — domain hosting

My domain expired due to the card that has been used no longer existed. The person that set up our account is no longer with our company so we did not have the pin to access the...

GoDaddy Operating Company — domain fraud at godaddy

570809 I have recently been divorced from my wife of over 30 years. Unfortunately, I had a two step verification process enabled. I could not stop the web-hosting as I could not acce...

GoDaddy Operating Company — bait and switch scam/ selling products that have known issues

I will apologize in advance because I am very angry with GoDaddy right now. I called and spoken to Tiffany J and spoke for close to 2 hours asking every question I needed an...

Godaddy — domain

34332 Hello i had a terrible customer experience Godaddy i was searching some domain names and i added my basket all of them.Later i decided not to buy one of these domains and used...

GoDaddy Operating Companydomain renew

I found a domain renew coupon 15% off and I was playing around and it claimed that the coupon had 78% success rate, then I added two more of my domains to renew them, at the end of no discount applied. That I didnot complain to Godaddy and I called in, since all my domains are valid till 2019, and I dont need to renew them yet, but Godaddy customer service told me ONLY one way to refund and re do it and I have to cancel all my domains and I told reps that the reason I was looking for coupon of renewal since Godaddy renewal price was not compatible like namecheap which offered at $12 per year to renew.

The reps said they dont care and I was out of luck, and I asked for a manager to speak with, and reps told me that there was NO a manager will help my issue.

What is service provided by Godaddy????

Go Daddy — unauthorised sales of i.t. products

Last Thursday 8th November I had a very disturbing incident with Go Daddy. I received an SMS on my phone stating that purchases were made on my account which I reacted to...

GoDaddy Operating Companypolitical targeting and victimization of customers

GoDaddy has joined the Liberal Gestapo in targeting Gab.com by cancelling its domain registration with GoDaddy.

I am not aware of GoDaddy or any other company targeting sites that host actual illegal activity such as Twitter and Facebook. (Twitter allows daily harassment and of incitement of violence against conservatives, incitement of assassinations of the president, and pedophile and pedophile "activist" accounts trying to normalize pedophilia. Facebook has allowed a lot of illegal and unethical conduct including livestreaming of murders.)

Gab.com did nothing wrong. GoDaddy is just another tentacle of the Liberal Corruptocracy targeting free speech.

I will be transferring all my domains away from GoDaddy before I find myself targeted, and will order all future domains from a country that supports free speech in practice, not just in theory, and which does not politically target dissidents of corrupt governments, corporations and media.

GoDaddy Operating Companycustomer service

1st Call for an issue. The rep failed to introduce. Failed to understand the issue. Did not call back after the call was dropped incomplete.

2nd Call for the same issue. Another rep this time, also failed to introduce. When asked if he requires my details, he said "no". So I asked if he has my details, he replies "no, because you dint provide any details, please provide your details". Out of frustration, when I asked if he is dumb, the call dropped or maybe he disconnected.

3rd Call for the same issue. Another rep this time, also failed to introduce. I asked his name, call dropped.

4th call for the same issue. The rep failed to understand the issue hence failed to provide the solution. When asked for a supervisor, rep denied with a straight reply saying "no, i cant". Also the rep claimed that I should talk to him as he said "I know everything, sir". After repeatedly asking for a supervisor, rep kept denying. Somehow after getting to the supervisor, same was the problem with the supervisor. The solution to the issue was just removing domain from the hosting and the supervisor insisted me to login to MyPHP admin which went all over my head. I kept asking if there is a way I can reset or remove the domain but he had no clue. I fixed the issue myself over the long hold.

Q. Does Godaddy really interview and check the skills or train the reps/supervisors before hiring or promoting them?

It took 4 to 5 hours for me to find a solution, which was not provided by the customer support.

GoDaddy Operating Company — company account [protected]

Alley & Associates have owned this account for a number of years. Jon Alley and Martha Alley (Mardi Alley) are the owners. In January or February 2018 Loranda Taylor an employee...

GoDaddy Operating Company — website

570809 Todays Date: 4th Oct 2018 Client No: [protected] As condensed a description as possible: We tried to restore our website. They said it couldn't be restored because it had been more...

GoDaddy Operating Companyfake company cheating people

its [censored] service really suffer loss of 1 lack rs just coz of ur bad service
You at 11:53, Oct 2:
and fake commitments
Srihari at 11:54, Oct 2:
I apologies for the inconvenience.
Srihari at 11:54, Oct 2:
Can you please elaborate your concern ?
You at 11:54, Oct 2:
renew my domain one week back its still not live client very annoyed none of ur customer executive help me in this case
You at 11:54, Oct 2:
www.pctmcoll.com
Srihari at 11:55, Oct 2:
Am sorry to hear about.
Srihari at 11:55, Oct 2:
Before proceeding further, may I know your customer ID and Support pin please ?
Gagan Deep — Customer Number: [protected]
1983
You at 11:55, Oct 2:
if this will not start working now i want full refund plus the loss i suffer coz of ur fake promise and words
Srihari at 11:56, Oct 2:
Thank you for validating your account.
Srihari at 11:56, Oct 2:
I would provide you the details and I would also ask few questions in order to understand your requirements and assist you in a better way, is that okay for you?
You at 11:56, Oct 2:
Srihari at 11:57, Oct 2:
As I understand that you have renewed domain(pctmcoll.com) but site is not live am I correct ?
You at 11:57, Oct 2:
You at 11:57, Oct 2:
ur people commit it will be live in 24 hrs but till now nothing happens
Am sorry to hear about.
Srihari at 11:58, Oct 2:
If I were in your position, I'd have had the same concerns.
Srihari at 11:58, Oct 2:
Please allow me 2 minutes of time.
Srihari at 11:58, Oct 2:
Give me some time, let me have a quick review of your account information.
You at 11:59, Oct 2:
ok but i want to solve this problem now coz i cant bear loss anymore
Srihari at 12:00, Oct 2:
Let me check.
Srihari at 12:01, Oct 2:
As this issue requires my back end technical team support, I would request you to be on chat for 3-5 minute. So that I can check with them and let you know the resolution on your issue.
You at 12:01, Oct 2:
yes but pls i want to resolved it now
Srihari at 12:02, Oct 2:
Sure.
Srihari at 12:04, Oct 2:
Please stay connected.
You at 12:04, Oct 2:
Srihari at 12:04, Oct 2:
Thank you.
Srihari at 12:08, Oct 2:
Thank you for staying connected on chat.
Srihari at 12:08, Oct 2:
I would checked with my back end team.
You at 12:08, Oct 2:
Srihari at 12:09, Oct 2:
Actually our concern team will available after 7:30pm.
You at 12:09, Oct 2:
again same [censored] things really no
You at 12:09, Oct 2:
i dont wnat any excuse
You at 12:10, Oct 2:
i want to resolve it now
You at 12:10, Oct 2:
u chrge admin fee as penalty from me now who the hell is responsible
Srihari at 12:10, Oct 2:
I totally understand your concern.
for my loss
You at 12:10, Oct 2:
but now i want to solve it now who is resposible for my loss
You at 12:11, Oct 2:
just tell fake promise fake excuses
Srihari at 12:12, Oct 2:
One moment while I transfer you to my supervisor to continue this conversation.
Info at 12:12, Oct 2:
Transferring your chat to Abzal.
Info at 12:12, Oct 2:
You're chatting with Abzal.
You at 12:12, Oct 2:
yes but i cant wait even for one hr
Abzal at 12:13, Oct 2:
Hi.
You at 12:13, Oct 2:
hi
Abzal at 12:14, Oct 2:
I'm Abzal one of the leads here.
You at 12:14, Oct 2:
now again i have to explain everything u its really annoying as my client dont want to work with me anymore and u know i suffer 1 lack rs loss
Abzal at 12:14, Oct 2:
Let me review your concern.
coz of ur fake words
Abzal at 12:14, Oct 2:
Please allow me 2-3minutes.
You at 12:14, Oct 2:
ok but i want to get it solved now
otherwise
You at 12:26, Oct 2:
u dr
Abzal at 12:29, Oct 2:
As checked with the concerned department team is not available and we will request you to connect with us back post 7:00 PM.
no i will not
daily i am listensing
excuses
You at 12:29, Oct 2:
this time ur fault u should pay penalty to me
as u charge from me
without any reason
You at 12:30, Oct 2:
so its not my fault i paid money on time still my work suffer and u guys not taking even one perc resposibilty of that
You at 12:32, Oct 2:
reply me i am not a fool who kept on waiting
Abzal at 12:32, Oct 2:
One moment while I transfer you to my supervisor to continue this conversation.
You at 12:32, Oct 2:
again same [censored] thing u people are just making me fool wasting my time
Info at 12:34, Oct 2:
Transferring your chat to Rajani.
Info at 12:34, Oct 2:
You're chatting with Rajani.
Rajani at 12:34, Oct 2:
Hi there,
You at 12:34, Oct 2:
hi again u will also say u r not able to help u will transfer my chat to other
You at 12:35, Oct 2:
if u r able to solve my problem then say
i will file lagal case against ur company making fool of me from last 6 days
You at 12:35, Oct 2:
after charging money nobody helps
Rajani at 12:37, Oct 2:
we apologize for the inconvenience
same things i am hearing from 6 days
You at 12:37, Oct 2:
my client dont want to work with me anymore
You at 12:37, Oct 2:
who is resposible for that loss
Rajani at 12:37, Oct 2:
I understand your concern but need to check with the concern department
and delay
after checking u also say contact at 7 pm
Rajani at 12:37, Oct 2:
The team will be available in the evening
same reply
REquest you to contact post 7 pm
Rajani at 12:38, Oct 2:
Extremely sorry for not helping you on this
I wish I could
You at 12:38, Oct 2:
so what can i do nobody listen when my bank deny payment to u just cancel my domain after repayment u charge big penalty now at my time just excuses
You at 12:38, Oct 2:
i need penalty from ur side also
You at 12:38, Oct 2:
as u charge me this patehtic
service
You at 12:41, Oct 2:
now u dont have reply for me
You at 12:42, Oct 2:
fine i will file legal complaint against ur company just making fool of people
Rajani at 12:46, Oct 2:
I understand your concern, request you to contact in the evening so that we can check with the team to assist further.
You at 12:49, Oct 2:
why should i contact
You at 12:50, Oct 2:
agin and again u just know to take money and put penalty on client only
not on urs
You at 12:50, Oct 2:
why dont u take in notice or forward any complaint to ur concern department about it
You at 12:50, Oct 2:
why u r not able to contact me and solve my problem
u dont understand that
You at 12:51, Oct 2:
but no in real u dont want to help

GoDaddy Operating Companywebsite/domain manager

On September 21st I received a call from an Irish gentleman informing me that I should change my website manager from the one I was one (Business Plus) to a newer, faster, all round fabulous one (vNext). On hearing all the benefits, which made it sound amazing, I took this gentlemans advice and he went ahead with arranging the change. I was informed that the most I would have to do would be to copy and paste my pages from the old builder version, into the new one. My next free time (I'm self employed and run a very busy company) was the following Friday, 28th September when I had put time aside to redo the website on the new builder, which I spoke to Stefania about, and she switched the domain over to the new builder. This was done after setting up a sub-domain for the older builder version, so that I would still have access to the old version whilst working on the new one. After a few hours it became apparent that the new version was not going to give us the look and design that we wanted, and so I rang back, and luckily (Maybe?) spoke to Stefania again, who said she would switch it straight back to the old builder version, and that in doing so, my website would appear back in the old version manager, and that the sub-domain would no longer be needed.
After about 30 minutes, it became apparent that this was not the case, and my domain was not back with the old builder version, and what was worse, was no longer live or "published", for customers to access.
I rang back and spoke to someone I believe was called Aria, (although I may be mistaken on that) who was sure that she could rectify the problem, but that it might take a few minutes to show up. Assured that the issue was now in hand, I hung up again, and waited. And waited. And just for good measure, I waited some more. The issue was not rectified.
I rang back, the last phone call of Friday was placed at approximately 4.10pm and lasted in the region of 45 minutes, where I spoke to Daniel, who said that the problem was that the sub-domain needed properly releasing, and that reattaching my domain to the old website builder would require 2 hours for "propagation" (I think). After this 2 hours was up I checked my website and was not surprised to find, at 9pm on Friday evening that my website was still showing a 404 error message "Page not found".
Saturday morning I rang and spoke to Aleksander, who said that he would absolutely know how to fix the issue and would need a little time to get it sorted. Another 30-40 minutes later on the phone, and the call was dropped, I was disconnected with no explanation, and unsurprisingly, no accessible website. I did not ring back straight away at this point, as I was so beyond angry that it would have been a wasted phone call. I did, however, ring back at around 3pm and spoke to Antonia, who was very sympathetic to my plight, and promised to get the issue resolved. She went through everything again, and said that the website would need 2 hours to make sure that it was live and could be seen BUT, as she was aware that it had taken so many phone calls, and I must be very frustrated, she would ring me after that allotted magical 2 hour window, and we would check together that my website was back up and running. She did not ring back, despite having my mobile number and being told that she could ring me ANY TIME. She also did not get my website back up and running.
I took Sunday off from trying and failing to get someone to take me seriously, and waited until 2.15pm on Monday before calling back. I spoke to a gentleman named Tihomir, who had to be told the same facts time and time again, before telling me it was up to me to go to my hosting provider and fix the problem, as they don't have access. If they don't have access to get it back on line, how on earth do they have access to get it off line? How can they break something so badly that this entire team of technicians don't know how to fix it? I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone on this occasion, only to be told that they had changed the named server and this time it would need 24 hours to propagate, and some one would ring me back. Once I had demanded that something be done today, the gentleman informed that the complaint has been raised to a level 3 issue, and that I know need to wait 72 hours for a resolution. This will take the total to 7 days without a working website. That is 7 days of losing customers, business and revenue.
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that this is not some pointless blog website, or pictures of puppies doing funny things. This is our business. Our website has been down for 4 days and counting. Our customers are ringing me complaining that they cannot get onto the website and thanks to GoDaddy, we have been relegated to looking like a rank amateurs in a very competitive industry. We have also lost business that is invaluable to an independent business such as we are. That isn't even beginning to take into account the amount of hours spent on the phone trying to get the issue fixed, with staff who clearly don't know what they are doing, and don't take their jobs seriously enough to follow up on a job they started.
This website is a representation of a company that my husband and I have spent 6 years of our lives building up, and our reputation is being eroded by hacks who cease to care once they have your money.
My customer number is [protected]
The box on my right informs me that I should include a "desirable resolution"...what resolution is there when a multinational, faceless corporation starts to erode everything we have worked so hard for? Our website was an online representation of our hard-work and passion, portfolios of work built up over years, and an outstanding advertisement and testament to our achievements, and GoDaddy took 30 minutes to wipe it out.
Compensation is "desirable". A refund of my phone calls is "desirable". The restoration of my website is imperative.

[Resolved] GoDaddy Operating Companyhosting account removed without warning

my hosting account for budgetangkor.com was removed without warning due to a failed payment.

I am then told is cost $150 to restore the account.

When a domain I have is about to expire I receive several warnings.

But I have lost all my websites without any warning. Now I must pay a heavy fee to restore them.

This seems an unfair business practice and one that might open you up to a legal challenge. Image the distress you may have caused an unsuspecting person like myself. I may suffer a loss of income. emotional distress or even trauma.
I can see a case there.
Certainly, there is a good case for me to inform several consumer groups and watchdogs about this most obviously dubious practice.

I think you should consider reinstating my sites.

Or I shall consider it a personal challenge get my message out there on Reddit and everywhere else I can think of.

I will of course also contacting my lawyers to see if there are any who would be willing to take on my case.

anyway I look forward to your response and of course I am logging all this down so take your time.

• Resolution Statement

useless

GoDaddy Operating Company — early domain renewal leading unauthorised charge with no option of refund

My co.uk renewal was due on October 6th 2018, I had marked it on my to-do list to go through my renewal list at the end of Sept. Go Daddy unlawfully took the renewal payment...

GoDaddy Operating Companyprofessional web service dept. and sales dept

Initially spoke with a sales rep in May 2018 and based upon what was to all be part of a package for the "Premium" package I was promised many things only to find out after paying thousands and months later the things the sales rep Connor said would include in my purchase price was not. I have made many calls, finally was able to reach a supervisor who stated she could not provide me with even a email address for herself so I would have a point of contact. In the end she emailed me with 3 different stories that each contradicted her statements in writing but siding with Go Daddy and found no wrong. When asked for additional info she said I needed a subpoena. In addition in one of her replies she stated she spoke with the sales rep about my conversation with him in May 2018 and states he said he remembered exactly what he told me. I find this hard to believe as he most likely has spoken with several hundred people since yet he can remember my conversation with him? Common sense no! I have emailed the supervisor Crissy Zimmerman and requested the next higher up in management, an email, name phone number, anything but she will not reply. I paid good money for service that I was upsold and taken advantage of by Go Daddy. At this point I have lost time, money, business and I can not recommend Go Daddy. Taken advantage of!
Client, [protected]