Menu

TELUS  -  customer service

E
Author of the complaint
6:23 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello,

I am writing this letter to report the incompetence of the customer service rep.

A years and a half ago I moved from Saskatchewan to Ontario to start my study in a college. Being unemployed student, I wanted to reduce my expenses.

On November 8, 2016 I called TELUS customer service and asked the representative to analyse my usage over the last three months and to offer me cheaper package, based on average of my phone calls, messages, and data usage during these three months.
She offered me the $60/month package vs my current $70/month. When she mentioned that the package is designed for local calls, it didn't bother me because all my calls are inside Ontario, where I live.

After one month I got a bill of $350.

In customer service they explained me that during entire month I made long distance calls, because my phone number is related to Saskatchewan. Thus, on my request to find the cheaper package based on my three last months average (which includes Ontario calls only), I got the most expensive package.

I am convinced that the fault for this mess falls on the customer service rep. Following my request, she had to offer me package, relevant to my calls over the past three months (which were Ontario calls only) or at least she had to explain me that "local calls" means "Saskatchewan local calls" and she offers me the package which is good for Saskatchewan and not for my position during last three month.

Therefore I request do not charge me for all long distance calls.

Eli Levi phone # [protected]