Tata Teleservices Logo

Tata Teleservices

Having problems with Tata Teleservices?

A, E & F Blocks Voltas Premises, T. B. Kadam Marg, Chinchpokli

3rd Floor, The Metropole Next to Inox Multiplex, Bund Garden Road, Pune 411001

Delhi
2A Old Ishwar Nagar, Main Mathura Road, New Delhi 110065

Complaints & Reviews

Delay in providing internet connection

I have paid money for the internet connection (Tata indicom - Surf Easy, Plug & Play type). I have made the full payment. So far the Company has not delivered the instrument.

Many time I had called to that particular office in Chennai. No proper response & huge neglience. Firing back at the customer
stating that " You do what ever you want, Let me see what Happens".

In Bill payment receipt, the TATA indicom company has not provided the customer care contact no [or], the email ID

Please look into the issue & get it solved soon for me

The Person who took money from me is....

I.Rajakumar,
Executive - Corporate Sales
No: 481/2, 1st Floor, Anna Salai,
Nandanam, Chennai - 600 035
Phone: 6666 2850
Mob:- [protected]

• Ne
    neha Mar 20, 2009

try contacting the nodal officer of tata tele services.

Extremely awful internet service

I regret the day i made the stupid decision of subscribing to tata indicom - plug to surf internet service.

Having spent 3000 rupees i cant get out of it. The billing is erratic - the speed smacks of the early ninenties. You rarely get more than 6-8 kbps - they promised me 144 kbps at the least. I was "kajoled" by their ad, their false promise of blazing speed, and the name of "tata". My advise - exercise utmost caution in subscribing to their products and services. I have reported to their customer care, their nodal office with no change in quality.

Even their service engineers who came to offer their services, on my complaint, say the speed cant be better than 6-8 kbps, which even a lay person will tell you is worse than snails pace.

They were not happy with my compгtуr so to prove their point that all was ok, they had come armed with their own lap top.

So thats my experience with the blazing speed of tata - indicom

• Am
    amrendra kumar srivastava Feb 14, 2008

I have taken your post paid service, i could not diposit the amount due to my busy schedule, i requested to your guys to collect the payments, but nobody came, and now my phone has no facility for outgoing calls. Good services, now i went myself to deposit the amount. Kripaya services suru kare.

• Ha
    Harish chand May 27, 2008

Hello sir,

my postpaid mobile no- 9212485536 & 9212485535

i have more problem in cross the credit limit every month and after that my services close

please check it out my problem

Thanks

Prahlad sharma

• Ka
    kamlesh d bhandari Nov 10, 2008

to, internet department
    i have applied for tata indidicom new modem now i have to cancel my request for new modem due to working of my old d-link modem.my account no is 602047844 and my internet no is 0220418227
    so please accept my request for modem..
    your faithfully
    kamlesh d bhandari

New postpaid walky connection related

I applied for Postpaid Walky connection on 30-Oct-07 at Harsh Enterprises-Sanpada which is authorised TataIndicom centre.
i paid an amount of 561. and CAF no is 2057613.

Till now i didn't recieve any verification call or any further information. I enquired at Customer care centre, they said they haven't recieved application with that no.

address of
authorised TataIndicom centre:
HARSH ENTERPRISES
H-2,Govinda Tower,Sector-24,opp.sanpada stn. Vashi,Navimumbai-400705

• Pr
    Priya Jain Nov 15, 2007

I am facing the same problem with TATA Indicom to my surprise the true value hub at Salt lake city centre Kolkata is so ignorant about the customer and their money i paid them on 03/11/07 till date no news from their side.

• Di
    dinesh singla Jul 16, 2008

dear sir madam

I applied for post paid connection as on july 14, 2008 with all require documents at your center Laxmi nagar (school block ). The Guy Mr kapil was there told me it will activate with in 24 hours but it was not activated, then i again went there but they are not respond me well . they misbehaved me . One guy MR Sairaj gave me his no and told till 9 o clock your mobile will activate, But nothing happen, Mr sairaj No is 9250938222. please give them manners through training section how deal with customers . Thanking you . dinesh singla 9810300103

No free internet received

I purchased a Plug2surf device from one of the sales representative of Tata Indicom under 150 V-data plan. According to this I'm supposed to use 5 hours of free internet and 150 Rs rental. The device was bought on 22/10/07 and strangely i received my first bill on 03/11/07 of Rs 311 during that period i hardly surfed internet for almost 3 hours. I'm having the full log report of surfing the internet. Different sales repr. are explaining me in different ways but none of them gives a satisfactory explanation. Overall Tata Indicom is not liable to go for.

• Vi
    Vinod EK Dec 09, 2007

Hi All,

I have come to point where my patience is completely worn out. In the first place, the Plug2Surf device has MAJOR Driver related issues. It works well only on some machines. I have tried this card on 5 different machines and it seems to work only on one of them without any issues. On the other 4, I have to reinstall drivers or interchange usb ports etc each time I restart. The HARDWARE and DRIVER have many issues . The product is not RELIABLE.

Later I learnt that this company would do live demos in your house when the product was launched initially. The demos stopped within a few days. (Guess why?)

Regarding billing, I am on the 5GB plan. Based on my usage details from the card's log file, I have hardly used 1GB and I have started getting calls and messages from the credit dept. saying that I need to pay them an interim amount in order to continue service. Talking with customer service is useless since they have been specifically instructed on how to handle "Plug2Surf" customer calls. When I tried to log complaints regarding billing they say that they cannot do that. No one is able to give me a proper explanation on the issue. On going to the Koramangala Tata Indicom Value Point Office (Bangalore), I was told I am being billed on the no. of units I have used. So I asked them how many units I have used... No answer. They are unable to trace how many data units I have used till now. (But it looks like Tata Indicom can bill me without telling me how much I have used. So here's my advice. "STAY CLEAR" . You have to be really lucky in order to have a problem free experience.

• Ra
    rajesh katarya Dec 09, 2007

I purchased Tata indicom plug 2 surf on 22oct 07 from bikaner and as on date I am yet to receive my first bill in spite of my repeated calls to the salesman who sold it to me. And now the salesman has even stopped attending my calls. I visited their office and another person told me that my bill will be sent to me via e mail also but I m still waiting for past 10 days.

• Ra
    rajesh katarya Dec 09, 2007

I even suggested my boss to go in for a plug to surf device and his device is still not activated for last one month and he has even received a call from Tata indicom to pay his bill of his connection will be terminated!

• Ar
    ARCHANA PILLAI Dec 10, 2007

I completely agree with the complaint. I am too facing the same problem of excess billing. I have no idea how to get out of this ridiculous product. I truly want to disconnect this connection. Is there any way to disconnect the product and get the money back?

Jay Mistry Feb 04, 2008

I have so far, not had much to complaint about. This is a satisfactory service from Tata Indicom & speed is also better (faster) than dial-up that I used previously.

An advantage is one can use this anywhere in India with the USB modem & software installed on PC/laptop.

Does anyone know how to configure Outlook/OE Email access (to be able to Send/Receive Email via Plug2Surf connection)? If so, pl email me.

Thanks,

• Sh
    shashi chandra Feb 16, 2008

it is a very useless connection for the internet purpose..
    even the google home page is also not opening in the connection ....
    now i am going to book a case on tataindicom regarding they are blaming the speed up to 153 kbps..etc
    but it is not crossing 20 kbps at any time.. i think they are cheating the customers thouse r using this type of connetions....
    and finally i going to cancelled the my p2s usb modem .... now i am using my local sifi broadbrand at monthly rentel of 300 Rs only.. its working very very goood... i am very sotisfied with my sifi connetion.

santosh May 26, 2008

i8 am going to buy plug2surf, but i am not getting the correct information regarding the term of use and rentals.

• My
    myself Jul 23, 2008

I totally disagree with the complaint. I have been fortunate enough to be using in locations where I have never faced connection slow or drop problems. I have never reconnected manually because of any disruption of services. I had recommended this device to my father too and he purchased it too. Only problem is that you can use it for high bandwidth task like doing video chat, movie downloads. For these you need to have broadband DSL connection.

manoj kookna Oct 12, 2008

I don"t get the detail yet

• Yu
    Yuvraj Jun 11, 2009

hi
    i am useing internet with tata Plug2Surf .its speed is too slow and its charges are very high.if u have any suggession for free use of net.plz reply me.

Resolved Complaint

I am a user of the Tata Indicom USB Modem for the Laptop. I pu rchsed this item approxiametly 1 week ago and...

No proper prepaid customer care phone number

Through ICICI internet banking by mistake i recharged the Tata indicom prepaid card of worth rupees 225/-...

Bad service and no customer support

I want to highlight upon a issue that i am facing on my Tata Indicom A/cNo :- [protected]. In which i am holding 2 Numbers as follows

[protected]

[protected]

Suroor, on 6th of october some other persons payment of Rs. 1,400/- reflect in my account and the payment was throuh cheque the cheque was issued on Oriental Bank of Commerce cheque no 104283. I am not having a bank account in OBC. i am contiuning following up with your customer care executives that boss this cheque was not mine and i hadn't still done the payment. after that i had visit True Value Shop in sahara mall. On this concern i had discussed with them. They had told me to please clear the outstanding bill amount of previous month of Rs 821/-, i had done the payment on same day of Rs. 850/- (Recipt No.3083096).

But after that i am still not able to convience them that this is your fault and you had to sort out. I am totally pissed off with your bloody customer care support and Tata Indicom True Value Shops. Please drill some sense of humor in their mind that first listen to customer if he is wrong or wright

I had done hundred's of complaint in customer care , i had written a e-mail to Delhi Nodal Officer

Aneet Chacko, along with i had faxed in his office. but his skills of level is Zero. He don't even bother to reply my e-mail. if tried to reach his numer his number is always busy. i had given a feedback on your tata indicom website. but still no response

Boss, can you tell what is customer satisfaction................................................

I will recomment not to buy TATA indicom Connections

rinku Jul 07, 2008

dear sir,
    i buy tata indicom sim with cdma set (motorola E685) but when i insert sim card in handset then at once hand set locked.after this the set not start.i went to allahabad and lucknow service centre but no any responced i found.
    please solved my problem.
    thanking you.

rinku Jul 07, 2008

dear sir,
    please solved my problem.
    thanking you.

• Gi
    GIRIJA SHANKAR TIWARI Sep 15, 2008

Dear Sir,
    My self Girija Shankar Tiwari, I myself, my friends and my whole family are using your services since 2006. But now I'm facing a problem from SUPREM INFOTEL Pvt. Ltd. (Code-F006), Kalkaji, New Delhi. I've given Rs. 700.00 to one of the employe of Suprem Infotel Mr. Pankaj Yadav (mo-9212211825) for a post paid connection no-9212180588 (application no-DL01294638). The no was started in the very begining for two days only but after thatr the services of this no is blocked. The members of Suprem Mr. Pankaj and Mr. Akhiles( Sels Manager) saying we are not resposible for after sales services because your verification was negative but there is no verification was done at my home address. I'm working in HPGCL Faridabad which is Government organization.
    So, plz take care and revert me back the action taken against my problem.
    Thanks & Regards
    Mo-9212880855
    Email- [email protected]

• De
    DeepaShetty Jan 20, 2010

Yeah I Agree Aneet Chacko is a Real Snob i used to work with him at TATA Indicom Delhi.
    He just does not care about customer service, He only SERVICE's The WOMEN there...
    But that dosent change how the corporate world works I know that he Now Works for Reilance mobile. God Help those poor souls there.

Fraud & cheating!

Subscriber of Tata Walky landline, having paid upfront deposit of Rs. 3500/-. With no outgoing calls being made still the monthly fixed charges amount to Rs. 440/-. Even though, no data access on internet has been browsed still arbitrarily billing is done. There is absolutely no transparency on the billing details.

Hence i would like to surrender the connection and disassociate myself from Tata Indicom.

• Yu
    Yuvaraj Jun 01, 2008

Hai Hello This is Yuvaraj From Mahalakshmi Layout Bangalore
    From Past 6 Months We Are Not Getting the Tata Indicom Bill for our Landline Please Send the Bill for the month of May Please
    [still you are not Sending the Bill I will raise a Complaint towards your Superior]
    Yuvaraj

Phone Number is 080-64551217
    Note:Please Send the Bill

Mobile hawaii internet does not work

Hi

I live in Gurgaon, India. I had bought a Tata Indicom Huwaeii Card so that I can on the move access Internet. However, the signal is so poor in most parts of Gurgaon as well as in other cities, such as Bangalore. Talk about speed when mobile, even at home when I try to access Internet through the Hawaii Tata Indicom, it is pathetic even their own website does not open.

I have complained but they sent a person who wanted to crack jokes rather than fix the issue..

I really wish I could have them do something about this and if they cannot fix the signal issue then they must compensate for the trouble they have put me through.

Regards
Sonia Sant

Resolved Deactivated connection for no reason!

Few months back I took tata indicom walky in hyderabad. They gave a old phone with number number [protected]. This number works for maximum 10 days in a month that too after contacting 10 times to their customer care. Since the beginning TATA Indicom is eating my money. They are charging me for no services. I am paying all my bills with TATA indicom before time with their useless charges for no services. They keep on disconnecting my phone. I am not even able to call their waste customer care services. Some how I contacted the customer care and they gave me address of a closed office of TATA indicom. I have no option.

This is completely a cheating company!!!

• Su
    Surat Prakash Dec 21, 2008

SUB : DEACTIVATION OF LOST MOBILE

Sir,

I have been using a prepaid mobile connection OF TATA INDICOM for 3 Month .I have lost my mobile (9212003583).
    MY ALTERNATE NO IS 9210207902

Kindly deactivate the above mobile connection TO AVOID MISUSE.

Thanks & Regards

Surat Prakash

• Yo
    Yogesh Gahtori Feb 08, 2009

Subject- TATA Indicom Walky Not Working in Nehru Place.

Dear Sir,
    My Tata Indicom Walky No. 64124435 is not working in Nehru Place.
    Please Help.

My alternate Mobile no is 9871579954.

Resolved Fraud and cheating by telemarketing executives

This is a copy of email I sent to:

Harsh Vardhan Singh
Director Vigiliance Tech

From last 2months I am facing problem with my mobile number#[protected], I was using this number from last one and half year, their is no late payment or apart payment against this number, it was by the name of Mr Gurdev Singh, he is my cousin and as i don't have any address proof at that moment I took number in his name. In the month of jan'07 I received a call from Tataindicom telemarketing department that if I pay Rs 50extra along with my running plan i will get Rs 150 discount on my std calls, I said ok and from that period I get every month discount as per that telephonic conversation, again in the month of July'07 I received call stating as I am using mostly my number for std call so there is one India plan in which I have to pay a monthly rental of Rs 299 and all call charges would be Rs 1 only, again I gave my confirmation. On 6th of August I make call to the customer care of Tataindicom to change billing address from WZ-235B, inderpuri, new delhi-12 to flat no, 437, sec-2, sadiq nagar, new delhi-49 and also fax my bank statement as address of proof, but i didn't received any bill at new address as my bill last date was 26th of august and on 23rd I receive a call from some one to make the payment of Rs 4100 for the statement period 8th july to 7th august, I was shocked as hardly I used phone for 12-15 hrs for this month and as the one India plan offered i was supposed to get a bill of Rs [protected], I call up at the customer care and stop outgoing calls and ask them to rectify the bill and then I will pay. Since that day i am following up with them but no one help me out and inspite of helping in this matter they are making threating call at our home and on 12th of Sep again I call up at the costumer care and put a complaint to rectify my bill so that I can pay the actual amount and my services get started again, reference number for the same is #[protected] and that person ensure me will get solution by 15th of sep, on 15th again I call up at the customer care then executive transfer my call to floor incharge Mr. Santosh and again I explain him whole story and he ensure by him on 19th he will get back to me, No call received from any one again on 21st sep'07 I called up and spoken with Mr Ankush he is also floor incharge and tell him whole story again but not receiving any positive response.

Sir hopefully you can understand my problem as I took this number on someone else name and I don't want he would be suffer because of me and If my intension was not to pay then definitely I won't do regular follow up, I am really very much disturbed, what to do, as of their marketing team miscommunication why would I suffer. I know very well how much I can afford and according I used my number, no body in the salary of 10k used his mobile for 5k.

Please help me out in this as till 23rd august it shows Rs 7900 of bill amount and as per my details I used total outgoing calls for 2100 mnts and as per one india plane 2months bill should be 2100+600, and I am ready to pay that.

Really thank full to you if you can help me out in this.
Sir please solve it once for all.

Hopefully
Rajni
#[protected]

Everyone beware!

RESOLVED

• Tata Teleservices's response · Jun 03, 2016

Dear Mr. Chandresh,

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We request you to kindly provide us your Tata Broadband connection details, your e-mail Id or your alternate contact number, which will assist us in doing the needful.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at [email protected] or you can call us on 040-66570232 (10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Saturday).

Thanks and Regards,
    Customer Care,
    Tata Indicom.

• Aj
    ajayraj Jun 03, 2016

sir my name is ajay raj singh i connect to tata internet service for last 2 months. i want to change my post paid plan into pre paid plan bcoz the out let which is situated in udaipur the owner say's that there is no pre paid plans in tata indicom. plz solve my problems as soon as possible

• Ar
    arindia46 Jun 03, 2016

I am having Tata Indicom Broadband combo connection and cancelled it in November-2010. After cancellation of broadband connection i was continue to get bills for land-line phone i had given so many complains regarding this matter and got answer that u had not given SEPARATE request for cancellation of phone connection.
    I could not understand this reply as i got combo connection in one request so why i had to give separate request for the same and also the company have to inform me two submit separate request when i had given my first letter to cancel the connection as i had mentioned to cancel both connection in that letter.
    To finish the matter i had paid s. 1230.00 in the month of March-2011, but again from April-2011 i was getting reminders and also threatning calls fro some BHAI log to pay Rs. 584. So please help me to solve this problem
    So i request all reader to take care before taking TATA connection.

• Sk
    SKhan059 Jun 03, 2016

I am tata indiacom post paid customer since last five years. Recently Tataindicom Launches a new Post paid Plan FAB 4 but this plan is NOT available for existing users.

• So
    soundararajan Jun 03, 2016

i am not at all satisfied with the performance.oftenbroadband connection is gettingdisconnected.customer service is very poor.even during deepavali, the connection got disconnected, whereas other companies'sconnections are working good.
    soundararajan

Very poor network service

I had purchased this Tata Indicom Connection in November 2005 and from that till May 2007, the Tata Indicom Network working smoothly. But after the May 2007 this Tata Network is most worst network in India. You can make call all other network except this Tata. Even if you try to dial Tata to Tata, its more worst network. Regarding this I was trying to complaint on TATA Customer Care Number 12527, its not reachable or busy all the time. Fortuneatly Once I got that number, but after holding a 22 minutes time, it did not connect to any Tata customer care executive.

This is my worst experience with this TATA Indicom. Now I suggest all people, please do not take this connection or suggest to anyone.

• Va
    Varsha Oct 14, 2007

I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE LANDLINE OR MOBILE SERVICE BUT THEIR BROADBAND CUSTOMER CARE NEEDS A LOT OF TRAINING TO EVEN BECOME AVERAGE!

• Vi
    vipulrastogi_1 May 12, 2009

It's very true that Tata Indicom had good connectivity in the past but as of now their connectivity in mobiles have become from bad to worse. I am also facing the similar problem with my Tata Indicom cellular connection and no fruitful efforts have been made by the concerned authorities to rectify the problem. Nevertheless, they have successfully closed my complaint without solving my problem. I suggest one should not leave them like that and appeal in nodal office. You can also lodge a complaint in TRAI. If not satisfied take them to consumer court. You may even wait to change your service provider which will be available by August 2009. Customers should not feel helpless as there are lot more departments to lodge complaint against them. They can also be compelled to answer your queries as per RTI Act of 2005. My e-mail id is [email protected]

Fraud billing on voice portal 12900!

My telephone of TataIndicom has been fraudulently been billed Rs450/- for the use of Voice Portal 12900!! This is a fraud and the Tata Indicom Call center supervisor Mr Arvind and the Call Center operator Ms Anuradha made claims that i have made these calls to 12900, however they are not obliged to provide proof of these calls being made. I requested that immediately the service to 12900 be blocked, they say it cannot be done by them @#$%!! This is a real scam by the house of TATA whom I have trusted so far!

• Bi
    BIPLAB KUMAR SARKAR Feb 13, 2008

Tata Indicom dealers really sucks, I have taken Plug2Surf connection from Dhanbad branch, at the time of taking connection they informed me there is voice rental even for Rs. 1500/month plan so I have taken ME Jumbo Rs. 650/month plan.

Afterwords I came to know there is no voice rental if I take Rs. 1500/month plan but still that dealer and customer care executives are not ready to agree to it.

It really sucks.

I hate their service, so poor quality and zero customer satisfaction, even they don't want to change the plan.

Problem in handset and poor response from customer care!

WE are using Tata Indicom walky-prepaid. Since 5 days my phone is not working there are no incoming calls on the phone whenever somebody calls, The caller is able to listen the proper ring on the phone but the call doesn't come to the the phone its not ringing here on my phone... I tried to speak the customer care several times firstly its really very very irritating and difficult to get these guys (Customer cAre no. 12524) secondly they give you such a stupid illogical, literally a third class response they said there is some technical problem which will be solved in 30 days... Is this a way... we have checked from other people nobody is facing the same problem... they are giving a very stupid response... they are not interested in attending complaints of their customers they just know how to cheat their customers... If you can take an early action in this regard... it will be highly appreciated... as we are in a mess... don't know what to do to whom to speak... Contact No. is [protected], also you can get in touch at [protected]!

Poor after sale service!

My name is kuldeep sharma. I'd taken one tata prepaid connection with KYOCERA mobile handset in last dec'07. My handset is not working at all and when i tried to tell this to the my dealer in goes his response was very bad. He stated that we are not responsible for any malfunctions after sale. Then i searched for mobile service center i gave them my handset once and they returned me after two days saying that there is no problem in hand set. within 10 days i found that phone speaker was not working. I gave it back to them for service and i am now getting responses that spare is not available (Since last 10 days). Still waiting for there mercy. I will strongly recommend everybody NOT TO TAKE TATA SERVICES!!! VERY BAD!

• Bh
    Bhavani.N Feb 27, 2008

Respected Sir/Madam,

Bhavani.N here, I was taken Internet connection from Bommanahalli outlet, bangalore (Tata Indicom) since Feb 11th. This offer is within 24hrs i should get the internet connection,
    But i was not able to access the internet for 1mins also still
    I already registerted the complaint regard this through customer care & i got complient after that also my issue was not rectified, Also i tried many times to call customercare & went to bommanahalli outlet & Kormangala service Office daily ,They were not at all responding to this issues.
    Bommanahalli outlet in bangalore is really bad service and they are spoiling tata indicom name

Slow speed and information hiding!

I have purchased a USB Modem from TATA Indicom in 325 Data Scheme where 1800 min usage is free/month. Unfortunately speed of the modem is very slow and their engineer has visited and verified that. At the end from customer care dept. it was informed that this problem will remain with my device for 3-4 months more. I want to know why they are providing this service when there is technical problem!!! They are not ready to take Modem back which costs Rs.2850 plus Rs.99 for activation.

More bad issue is that they are not ready to provide any internet usage detail break up at the end of month and there is huge difference in usage units of bill with the usage unit shown in the software of client PC (software is provided along with the device). They are not bothering what the modem software is showing.

Strong action should be taken against TATA Indicom to stop these kind of anti-consumer activities.

anju Mar 01, 2009

i purchased a tata indicom usb modem a few months back and i'm currently using the same scheme 1800 minutes 325rs.. the connection is very slow n sometimes i cant even open a page properly. i have the same complaint that almost everytime the bill comes up showing more usage than the dialer software on the PC and they say it's just like that. the dialer doesnt show the right usage time, then why do they have such a service on the dialer?

Andleeb Hasan Apr 17, 2009

I m also using Tata indicom 24 hrs free usb plan...n I hav the same problem...plz take some action with Tata Indicom...

• Jy
    Jyothishree Jun 07, 2009

I want to know how much units have i used this month.jyothi

Wrong bill, plan change without notice

My mobile bill for the month of April ( For the services consumed in this month) is Rs.6900 which is about 7 times higher than my normal bills. I was shocked to see the bill and on inquiring customer care came to know it is because of the change in the plan. Tata Indicom changed my billing plan of free incoming while roaming to some other Bill Plan that too without any information.

I would like to state that I would have no problems in paying the bill from month of May - till date as per the plan of 750 minutes of incoming free and beyond that calls charged at 50p/min as this is communicated to me. My contention is only for the April bill for which I had no information. On contacting customer care I was told that they informed me through a courier, when i asked them to show the receipt they had no answer to it. Later I was told that they called me up and informed me of the same, I asked them to send me a recording of it. And everytime I call up they give me a new way via which they have informed me and on asking the details, they are able to provide none. Everytime they give us a new date on which they called us up to inform about the plan change ( ranging from March… till June [I wonder whether an April plan change should be informed in June???])

In addition to it I would like to add, customer care ppl were not even willing to take my complaint, they didn't even provide me with any mobile number or personal id of official who can be contacted on this. I had to go to the Tata True value shop to lodge my complaint against the wrong bill. I would request Tata Indicom to please verify their records once again and see for themselves that I was not informed. I am requesting Tata indicom to kindly adjust my bill and not to charge me for the incoming calls on roaming. My outgoing has been barred and that is causing great inconvenience to me. I have no problems with any other component in the bill.

Rishi Agarwal Aug 20, 2007

My mobile bill for the month of April ( For the services consumed in this month) is Rs.6900 which is about 7 times higher than my normal bills. I was shocked to see the bill and on inquiring customer care came to know it is because of the change in the plan. Tata Indicom changed my billing plan of free incoming while roaming to some other Bill Plan.

I would like to state that I would have no problems in paying the May(services consumed in this month) month bill as per the plan of 750 minutes of incoming free and beyond that calls charged at 50p/min as this is communicated to me. My contention is only for the April bill for which I had no information. On contacting customer care I was told that they informed me through a courier, when i asked them to show the receipt they had no answer to it. Later I was told that they called me up and informed me of the same, I asked them to send me a recording of it.

• Ag
    Agni Sharman Feb 26, 2008

Quick Summary of my experience with TATA Indicom broadband @ Chennai.

TATA Indicom broadband (VSNL) guys lost track of money they took from me.
    Kept blaming about non-payment and started to de-activate my connection without prior notice.
    Remember I am a customer who had been using TATA Indicom broadband for a year now.
    Activated the connection Feb 15th 2007

If this is how they treat their customer who had been using it for a year, forget those new comers. Will be treated next to piece of ###.

They have damn good technology in place and BUNCH of IDIOTS to maintain their backoffice operations.

Another way they cheat customers is by not giving the downtime credit for usage.
    Its like sarkari office... Working or not you still need to pay the full rent.

Now read my communication to TATA Indicom broadband and their response.
    -agni sharman
    Chennai.

Here is the copy of my communication with TATA Indicom Broadband @

-Sharman (agni)
    Sharman’s Cab Company
    [email protected]

sangam k R Mar 28, 2008

What is the use of submitting a complaint o this site and what happens for the complaint. Did the company services improved with all these complaints.

• Dh
    dharmesh patel Apr 05, 2009

Tata indicom

This is u inform u that I was bought TATA USB internet chips from Tata shop in Billimora- Gujarat india My current plant monthly rental 1000/- Rs.This plant free of 2 months But now i want to change this plant convert into rantelof monthly 325/- Rs.So I will give u this Application. Please do that

My name is Dharmesh Patel
    My Address At & Post -Dungri (R.S.)
    Madhuvan society, near dr. Dinesh vaidya hoshpital
    email [email protected]
    Purchase USB Chips December 15
    Mobile no. +919974347607 or +919974354061
    Proof given licence

Worst customer care & power less nodal officer!

I am using services of Tata Indicom from last one year and have almost seven connections for me and my staff. I bought a new connection in .E.M.I.Scheme and a Faulty hand set of Make Haier was on dt.6.8.2007 in the evening hours at my house. I came to know about the fault on next day that the mic of it was not working properly. I called at the customer care they suggested me to go to their repair center and got the set checked. I went to the given address and they told me that Haier set was not checked their, I again call to customer care they again told me wrong address . In the third attempt I got the correct address of repair center. The repairer told me that the mic is not in working proper. I again called the customer care and told the whole story and requested them to replace the hand set. They did not gave me any satisfactory answer.

I mail a complaint to feed back form of Tata Indicom but no response got from them. Then after two days I contacted the Nodal officer telephonically as well as mailed him full detail. He assured me for the better and next day their head office called me and told me they will replace the set after two day because of shortage of stock. But after two day they again called me that they will not replace the set. I again mailed a complaint to nodal officer but till date waiting for the action.

Anurag Agarwal Sep 10, 2007

Just Says Bye to tata and switch to some other network or will loose ur money and purchase all sorts to problems as they only consider the clients/ customers up till they actually invest and take there connection...

I would suggest no one to opt for a tata indicom as i myself has done this mistake and now again switching back to airtel...

Connection not given!

I paid cash and purchased EC325 modem from Tata Indicom 10 days back. Till now there is no connection. The...

Worst service

Letmme start by saying I made a huge mistake. On a fine bright day, I applied for tata indicom connection via web. One of their personal came and told me about various offers. Finally I settled for 128kpbs /unlimited /prepaid (6 months) and gave him a cheque for Rs 4243 on 24-May -2007 .As usual he promised me that he will get a connection within 4 working days or “as soon as possible”. For next one month I regularly called their customer care or service personals ,nothing worked. Either they gave very vague answers or simply accepted my complaints.

Exactly on June 30th they gave me a connection. But disaster struck after 2 days, it stopped working. I raised a complaint and someone came to my home and replaced the router. It didn’t work. After couple of days, I got a call from Tata Indicom saying that my cheque bounced and that’s why they disabled my connection. Well I was taken aback, because when I checked last time, I could see that the amount had been withdrawn. I called the bank and they verified my claim and even told me they are willing to give me a statement supporting that. I called customer care and told them about that. They raised a complaint as usual with high priority with no response and this cycle continued for few more days. And finally they asked me “have you given a cheque for Rs 5 ?”. I thought that person is making fun of me and told him I never gave anything like that. Well he continued by saying that the actual price of this deal is Rs4248 and the marketing guy accepted Rs 4243 by mistake and he gave another cheque for Rs 5 from his pocket and it got bounced. Wow Well it was a bouncer for me. I tried explaining the customer folks there that this is their mistake and I have nothing to do with it. And I even tried explaining my pathetic position that I have already paid and never got my connection working more than 2 days. I pleaded that it is just a matter for “Rs 5” and requested them to enable my connection and I will settle this “Rs 5” somehow and remarked that I even pay Rs 5 for beggars. Now this time “thick skinned customer care” professional was adamant saying they won’t enable my connection unless I hand over a cheque for Rs 5 only at the main office at Whitefield, which is 30 km away from house.

Right now I don’t know how to express my real emotion.

• Es
    escsiva Oct 06, 2007

service number tata indicom on kanchipuram. please mail me.