Re: TATA Indicom
With great enthusiasm and trust in the name of TATA , I applied for a wireless telephone on June 18th, 2007.
1. Your sales agents field rep Mr Ravi , took Rs 3122 with out a receipt and promised to delver a new telephone model with full futures.
2. After 48 hours a telephone was delivered in a NEW BOX and the delivery boy vanished with out explaining any futures.
3. The telephone did not work as expected and a due complaint was lodged on "121" on June 20th, 2007 and an action was promised . Typically a service technician by name Babu , walked in and informed that the unit is defective and will replace later - He did talk to the sales agents rep , regarding the model delivered.
4. Another 24 hours , the instrument will go in to hibernation mode as and when it likes , cutting of all communications.
5. We did call the agent who took the money , and one Mr Sukumar ( Mr Ravi told that he is MD ( this two letters should have more meaning I suppose), came on line and explained that the new unit will be given 24 hours.
6.After 24 hours , when we called him, he informed still they have not got the unit and he was trying to put me in touch with one Mr Venkat and I declined this invitation - it is futile to be talking to an executive in TATA's for a faulty instrument.
7. We did call the customer care, again and a service technician came - and replaced the old battery from another old instrument and left.
8. Again the instrument will go dead as and when it likes.
9. On the second day of installation, when I called , I was told by the customer care team that I have paid only Rs 2122/= and so I will get only the refurbished unit. When I made my point that we paid Rs 3122/= he took note of this and talk to the agent. From then on it started reflecting Rs 3122/= .
9a. While we have paid for ISTD facility this activation was done , till we complaint again nor we were asked, whether we asked this facility when verification was done.
10. Since i have gone on travel in between and called the Sales Agent again and they again promised some time on June 23, 2007, that "they will replace" and nothing happened.
11. When I demanded a receipt for the money we paid to the agent on June 30th, he promised to delver it by 6pm on that day . I still informed him that the unit is not working. As of today no receipt is given - imagination runs wild now.
12.Based on a new complaint on July 1st and I was informed that TATA will deliver a refurbished unit. The current unit is also refurbished as one can clearly see OK sticker in all places where ever the engineering dept could put. When I countered him , that where is the guarantee , that the " new " refurbished unit will work , he did make a note and left
13. In a span of 12 days -
- 3 technicians visited us
- half dozen tel calls to your customer care centre from Hyderabad
- 4 calls to the sales agent
- 1 call to the sales agent from another city in India
- an e mail to your center from India
- a call to your office on July 4, 2007 from an overseas country
to your customer care team and their supervisor
- and this mail
did not produce any tangible results.
If this email and these complaints do not open up the weak links in your system and nothing will do . At least please train your agents not to tell WHITE LIES just to get the target and get the incentive given by the TATA INDICOM
Would it be appropriate , if we demand that we are not charged anything from June 18th, 2007 till the date of promised instrument is delivered and functions satisfactorily at least for four weeks before we are charged.
or Would it be appropriate seek another service provider , Reliance who has similar services
or Would it be appropriate for us to write to you to return , the money that we paid Rs 3122/= and take back your instrument.
Or Would it be appropriate for the executives in this supply chain to digest the fact that for the past 3 months no new units are available in ap circle ( Words of Touchstone Teleserives executive) - and customers are taken for a ride.
I need to pin point that I am not the only one and I could locate in the web many such complaints - If this is our attitude, Perhaps a million remake of "Shiva -The Boss" will not make any difference except for the pop corn & coffee selling well for 3 hours for every show that is screened.
In a country where freedom was won from near slavery, with out use of bullets , by convictions and commitment , with the current path of stability , and if we are to go into the growth path , you may forward this mail to the chain of managers in your team.