Tata Indicom Walky / Prepaid Recharge Vouchers1120 / vouchers unavailable in the market!

I have a TATA INDICOM WALKY Prepaid connection in Pune (Maharshtra) India. However the recharge vouchers of 1120/- denomination are not available in the market even at any of the so called tata indicom shoppes or what ever. It is a shame & just shows how much the company cares for its customers. One expects a more efficient organization when it is a tata enterprise. Its a shame! In these times tata indicom should provide an online recharge facility to do away with the inconvenience caused to the costumer.

• Ha
    Hasib Oct 19, 2006

I also took a walky connection, and was searching for recharge coupen for more than 2 months. Later I decided to throw away the connection and took an airtel connection. I lost Rs 1650 for the connection. This is very bad way of doing business.

• Ni
    Nitin Porwal Jan 28, 2007

I am having TATA Prepaid Mobile. I am not able to get recharge voucher of Rs.1500/- above denomination. They don't have online recharge facility. Believe me it sucks. I have checked for these recharge voucher with most of the TATA shopee but everybody said they have maximum of Rs.560/-

I will rate TATA indicom on customer service as Zero.

They really need to fix this problem.

• Ji
    jignesh dhirubhai lathiya Jun 13, 2007

Please close tata indicom as early as possible, there is not even a single customer service personal who can give us the correct and right information. As people say the words are true, up on top itself the people are least bothered right from ratan tata himself so how can we expect the people below to be customer friendly. If they cannot service people then why the hell are they opening shops and putting advertisements around proclaiming to be one of the best wherein the truth is that they are the worst even worse than MTNL which actually now has grown in leaps and bounds.

sachin chavan Jun 20, 2007

In this month i bought tata indicom prepaid walky connection. I am new customer but in first month itself i am fed up with tata indicom's ridiculous customer care center(12524).

Most of the time they just pick up the phone and cuts immediately. I have observed people at call center doesn't know about their own products, most of the time they are unable to provide correct information about their product.

Most of the time they just give reason their system is down and can't provide information.

As per my experience Tata indicom has worst ever customer care center.

• Ta
    Tanay Jun 21, 2007

Even in big city like mumbai, hyderabad and kolkata they are not able setup good crm. Most of the customer care executives have know clear knowledge about the product. You have to wait long time to talk with the call centre agent. Even in saturday and sunday (hyd, kol) you may not able to get connected with them.

They have good plans, good business support and everything req for doing a business, but dont know why they are lacking serving the customer which is most important in the business like mobile communication service industry.

sandeep somani Jul 01, 2007

I am having TATA Prepaid Mobile. I am also facing problem of getting recharge vouchers. The had promoted there RS. 79 voucher for validity, but I bet if anyone could find the same with even a single retailer in the whole city. And its better if we don't talk about the customer care because it has the worst service. I have to use tata indicom because now I am trapped and I cannot change it at the moment.

I have also observed people at call center doesn't know about their own products, most of the time they are unable to provide correct information about their product. We can provide better information to them. Its really a shame that they recruit such staff who don't even care to know about the products what their company is offering to customer.

Shame!!!

• As
    ASHOK KR. PALIT Sep 17, 2007

Dear Sir,

I have bought new perpaid connection no.9259548017 from tata indicom franchize, Hardwar dealer name Mr. Umesh cell no. 09219609949 on dated 04.09.2007. A nd i have submitted all the relevant document to him at same time. But my cell phone no. 9259548017 has been barred last 06 days due to documentation not forwarded by him to the tata office. Sir, This is not my fault, so why? i have to face this problem. I am contoniously follow-up for the same but they are simply told me that we are in process and wait for next day. Sir now i feel it was great blunder that i have choosen the tata indicom prepaid no. because customer attention is totally nil.

Kindly do the needful if you can.

Regards

Ashok Kr. Palit
    09259548017 (barred no.)

• Na
    nagesh kumar Sep 18, 2007

Tata indicom customer care is not good they are unaware of products really service is really poor

Mahboob Shaik Oct 17, 2007

Even me as a customer of Walky I am not happy as my instrument is not working since 20 days now no one bothered to look at it even I call from my mobile everyday , imagine the mobile bill I am paying waiting in the queue to talk to Rep in Customer care still no use, Mr. Tata if you see this please be shameful on your service provided... Plz dont think that Indians do keep quite on this kind of issues.

Irate Customer

• He
    hemant gupta Oct 18, 2007

We have locked our Tata Walky talky LG phone. Plz can you tell us how to crack the forget code.

Thanks.

• Fr
    Frustrated Customer Nov 21, 2007

I had purchased the walky connection with the hope that i would get good value for my money. But in return what i got was not even simple basic follow up service. Whenever my recharge time comes and i recharge it, if i am lucky it gets done properly, but most of the times i have to ring the customer service again and again to get it working. And those guys have no clue as to what is the solution. In fact one idiot even told me to restart my machine to make it work. It is such a pity that a good name like "Tata" gives such service.

Well there is only one thing i have to say to this service. "TATAAA" (byebye)!

• Md
    md musatafa Dec 01, 2007

tata walky ph low network no covarage
    bad service

• Ve
    Venkatachalam A.R. Jan 17, 2008

I have a Tata walky talky Phone holder(prepaid) from Nov 2005
    onwards. I regularly getting re charge cards of 30 , 45 , 60 ,180 days of denomination from Rs.337 to Rs.1100. It is working properly with no complaints.If you have any defects in apparatus you have to go to service centres properly. If any recharge vouchers non availability problem, ask the marketing service where to approach to get the recharge vouchers.

• Pr
    Pravin Apr 23, 2008

Hi

I have recharged my mobile online with credit card for rs.200. Before that, the balance amount of my mobile was zero.

After the recharging, I got the message from service provider that your request has been completed and current balance is rs. 2.83.

When I asked to customer care, they told me to provide a lifetime facility and balance amount is charged for that. But my mobile has already this faculty for last 2 years.

Its a shame!As per my experience Tata indicom has worst ever customer care center.

manoj kumar sony Apr 27, 2008

i have register me on tataindicom my account service, through this service i can check issily my last ten dialled calls detail but last four to five days i can not access my dialled no. detasls what i can do please suggest me

Rajat Datta May 06, 2008

I bought a Rs.560 recharge coupon from an authorized outlet on 4 May 2008 and I have not been able to recharge my phone despite trying to do so at least a dozen times over the last two days. I have contacted the helpline at least seven times and the only word I have for them is `lotusy'. They ask the same questions each time I call
    and each one gives some the same mumbo jumbo and their supervisors are never available to provide answers.
    God help us, If this is the state of a so-called premier communications company!

• Ba
    BalaN May 18, 2008

Hi,

I bought new walky connection to my home, had bad experience with that connection.Most of the time(90%), bad voice quality, one way speech problem and call diverted to some other number automatically...Within one month i throw out it...I am not supposed to recommend this connection...

• Rk
    R.K.Kohli Jun 02, 2008

Today Tata Indicom is the biggest rogue company on the front of service to the customer. Will someone give me the e-mail of Kajol so that I can apprise her to stop appearing for such a lousy company. It harms her image drastically.

I have tasted Tata customer service call centre. Why one of their own senior officers try to call anonymously their own service centre and see what treatment is given to callers? It is absolutely horrendous!

• Su
    sumit goswami Jun 05, 2008

i just wanna know who the hell is responsible for the recruitment of the emplooyes of customer care, and on what basis they are placed there to provide information to the customers which even they dont know properly.
    everytime i have any problem and want to have some kind of help from cust. care, i just dont know what the hell they say.one time i purchaged a cell, "huawei c2900i" and asked the customer care representative to tell me how could i access internet through that phone.i got the answer" sir, the only way to get access to the internet is the 'plug-to-serve' device, you will have to buy that", further i asked in the company outlet shopee and they said that they were not knowing how to connect it.somehow i was able to connect it, and again i asked customer care representative about the billing and again i am having the same uncompleted ans.after the customer care representative has provided me their bullsheet they used to say "aashaa kartaa hoo main aapke saare sawalon ka jawab de paya hoon"

the worst ever network TATA INDICOM.and its getting down day by day due to their customer care service.proper selection of the staffs should be done or go to hell...

manish singhal Jun 17, 2008

tata walky no. 9214710347 service expired now i want to reactivate this number what i do

Manish Jul 03, 2008

I have recharged my mobile online with Internet banking for rs.200. Before that, the balance amount of my mobile was zero.

The validity was till 2020 i.e 12 years from now

I dont want this extended period. I want the balance amount to be increased.

In an emergency situation this can create havoc.

I feel tata Indicom should follow fare and ethical trade practices.

• Ta
    tarun manchanda Jul 05, 2008

POOR SERVICE BY MISHRA COMMUNICATION, INDERLOK, DELHI.

Manju Sep 13, 2008

I have a tata walky and my validity was about to get over. SO, I got recharge card worth rupees 1120/- and trying to recharge by dialing 12526, but its not at all asking me to enter the 14 digit number. So I thought of calling the customer care by dialing 12524, that brainy told me that the recharge voucher should have 15 digit number. Hopeless people sitting over there to answer for customer queries without knowing anything. wat shall i do now???
    do anybody have some suggestion regarding how to get it recharged having an voucher worth rupees 1120/- ????

anil kumar Sep 17, 2008

I agree. It is shame on the part of Tata telecommunications towards Pre Paid walky customers. I too using Tata Walky Prepaid phone for the last 3 years in Hyderabad. I am facing lots of problems to recharge. No Tata outlet have the walky pre paid vouchers and even some people in the outlets do not know that Tata prepaid walky is existing. Hence, i have to travel all the way to the Tata Indicom headoffice to purchase walky prepaid card. Some times there also i am getting no stock answer.

Raghavendra Oct 13, 2008

I have purchased tata walky(Prepaid) from local dealer in mumbai in the month of September 2008

After one month service to my tel no is disconnected.

when i contacted the tata customer care executive he said in an arrogant way that the walky is purchased from dealer i should talk to dealer only.

When Once again I contacted the dealer he asked me to contact tata customer care no.

Kindly look in to the mater.

One should not expect such type of customer service from reputed company like TATA.

A line in reply highly appreciated.

Regards

Raghavendra

ravi Nov 02, 2008

i live in gurgaon(haryana) and i repair tata walky.where is service centre in gurgaon and contact no

• Ji
    jitender Kumar Jan 26, 2009

my walky no. 01662-641456 is not working from last 4 days. I have charged the same then why it is not working.

• Sh
    shabbir Feb 09, 2009

great HOLLOW vision and mission statement on 5 rs cardboard without any committment from tata officers at the table. zero service and great disappointment

• Vi
    vickyg94 Nov 13, 2009

I have Tata Walky In CHandigarh I face lot of problem to recharge even tata outlet staff no have recharge cupoon and they dont know about the product .please educate ur staff about ur product. thanks

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices