Targetdamaged furniture

T

I ordered a dresser from Target online for my son's nursery. The dresser was damaged when I received it. I called Target online, and they ordered me a replacement dresser and had the damaged dresser picked back up. I teceived the replacement dresser and it was damaged as well!! I am 8 months pregnant and my son is due in 4weeks!! I called Target online again, explained to them that this was the second damaged dresser I received. I was told theu could send me another replacement but there was not guarantee that the 3rd replacement dresser wouldn't be damaged. I told the supervisor I just wanted a refund. He then told me it would be 7-10days before my momey was credited back to my back account. Target didn't wait that long before they took the money out. I told him I was not going to wait that long. I needed the money back so I could get another dresser and my son was due to be here in 4weeks or less. The supervisor was not helpful so I asked to speak with a manager. The manager got on the phone and said the same thing but did tell me since I was not getting another replacement dresser, I could take the dresser to my local store and get an instant refund. Me and my husband took the dresser to our local store with the packing slip. Target could not find product in their system and asked me if the item was really their product!! Really??!! Even though the packing slip said Target online. They could'nt get item to pull up so the computer gave an 800 number for customer service to call. The lady was told item could not be returned to the store even though the manager from Target online told me it could be. I asked to speak with the store manager and she was not helpful at all. She told me the best she could do would be to give me a gift card!!! What am I suppose to do with a gift card? They don't have the product in the store. I told no and left the store. I got phone number to Target Corporate to make a complaint. Spoke with them and was told to go back to the store and put manager on the phone so that is what I did. After the manager spoke with corporate, she was put on hold and offered to refund my money but only the amount of the dresser not the whole amount I paid which included tax. I told her no I wanted a full redund, she then me we would have to wait and see what solution corporate came up with. The manager got back on the phone and was transferred to someone else. The guy acted like he could hear her and disconnected the call. At that point I was exhausted as I said earlier I am 8months pregnant with my first child and have had a complicated pregnancy. I had to deal with this issue since I had ordered the dresser and dealt with going back and fourth for 2hrs at the store so I just took the money. I don't feel that it is right for a customer to be treated that way and will never shop/order anything from Target online again.

• Ke
    kelly May 27, 2008

would just like to warn would be gift registry people BEWARE...Target has a don't care if you received 2 and registered for 1 attitude, because if you try to return a duplicate gift without a receipt tooooo bad out of luck. My advice go to WALMART

• Lo
    Lori Jul 30, 2008

I bought a pair of shoes from this place, tag on them said size 7. well where i work i have to park about 2 mile away and walk its an underground mine by the time i got into my work station i had blood all through my shoes well here the things were only size 5 and a half. I know i should of tried them on before purchase but my feet swell so i buy size 7.

• St
    ST2008 Aug 07, 2008

As I've said before, their policy clearly states that you need a receipt to return all items. The circumstances under which the item was bought is irrelevant. I've had to return a few items to them before in the past (some gifts), and if I didn't have a receipt I just went to whoever gave the gift and asked for them to give me the gift receipt.

• Valerie Nov 04, 2008

I have been a good customer to Target for over 10 years.

THEY upgraded my card to a TargetVisa about a year ago.

I have never been late (30 days+) and I have spent thousands there.

Without any warning, they lowered my credit, so that I was maxed out. Right here at the holidays.

If I pay on time and the required amount, why and how can they do this?

ANGELA Nov 22, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Target Employees...NOT!
    Your eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwinch for the holidays...Cause Target can give away millions to strangers but not give so much as one free turkey away to it's under paid employees.

I guess you should have worked for Walmart...They get a free turkey...You get squat!

• Im
    ImRightYouKnow Nov 24, 2008

Dude, get a life.

• Ro
    Ron Ritch Dec 02, 2008

Contact me for suggestions and information about what you may do to protest your treatment after purchasing a Target branded entertainment device including TVs.

• Valerie Dec 04, 2008

Ordered an itemonline from target which said it would arrive in three to four business days. Then after I complete my transaction the site says my estimated product arrival is in two weeks. It ended up take 15 business days to getmy product. Granted it says it takes 1-2 days to ship then 3-4 to arrive. Thats twice what I was told before I bought the product. Very misleading.

• Dr
    Droobin Jan 20, 2009

Never buy Trutech. In fact, never buy any store brand electronics, period. Always do a little research before buying any high ticket electronics, and if you do need to ask some random employee at whatever store you're shopping in for suggestions, take the advice from the impartial ones that DO NOT recommend store brands.

Jackie Jan 23, 2009

Every time I have called Target's customer service on the phone I have struggled with making myself understood, and understanding the customer service agent. Why are reputable companies employing agents to deal with people's consumer problems who can barely speak a word of English?

MisoSoup Feb 21, 2009

You probably are carrying too much debt on your other cards. They reduced your credit line to cut their losses if you do not pay.

James Mar 06, 2009

Went to return an item at Target with receipt. I bought it less than 30 days.
    They would not take it back and bad, bad customer service. Also, bought medicine that was tampered with. They also would not take that back.
    I don't think it's such a great store anymore!

• Ef
    effenk Jun 16, 2009

A MANAGER had the audacity to tell me that you can't use both a Target coupon and a manufacturer coupon on one item. That's simply not true. The cashiers and managers don't have the coupon policy at their disposal and I wouldn't be surprised if they make it all up as they go along. I on the other hand have actually viewed the Target coupon policy and it's a shame that not all stores honor it.

• Ef
    effenk Jun 16, 2009

Well, if you read what I wrote, I'm saying that it's actually their policy to take both. The register doesn't even beep in error, it just goes right through. My point is that they don't know their own policy. And furthermore, not every coupon says that. I read coupons very carefully.

Michael1972 Jun 17, 2009

effenk Ignore NonnieMouse. She is a troll. She just wants attention. If you read her other replies you will see this.

I don't see why they did not take the coupon if it did not state that both coupons could not be used together. Most companies don't allow you to use more than one coupon per product, but if it did not state this then they should have given you what you wanted.

Michael1972 Jun 17, 2009

Apparently not only is NonnieMouse a troll she does not know how to read. I am not ten. I am a sixth grade teacher. My birth year is 1972. Apparently she cannot read your letter either because she did not see the part about them not accepting the coupon. Anyways let's ignore this troll. The real one that is ten(at least with her behavior) It is not our job to entertain her, it is her parents job to keep her entertained.

What I find about any policy, coupon, returns, incorrect spelling. Is one Target states one policy, and yet another one has a different policy. The manager just makes their own policies. Same for Kmart, and Wal-mart. I bet if you went to another Target they would accept both coupons.

• Xh
    xholaxgatitax Jun 17, 2009

I agree with what your saying, but by saying 'They had the AUDACITY!!..." Come on dude, did they call you a dumb ###? No, calm down now.

• binder Jun 18, 2009

DARN I guess you'll just have to use that additional 50-cent off coupon the next time you buy your slimfast shakes.

• Le
    Lenny Jul 04, 2009

Today, I tried to return a duplicate video game that my child received. It was from her 89 year old grandmother with dementia. She can not remember me most of the time much less where she put a receipt.

They would not even allow me to exchange it. They give gift receipts, but there is no item on them. How is the consumer to know which one is which . This is a rip off. They stole from us. Their policy should be illegal!

• Ms
    Ms Thomas Jul 27, 2009

To Whom it may concern,
    There was a letter that was mailed to my home about a outstanding debit I was supposing owe
    This person couldn't give me the information on anything I will be filing anther complaint and police report and calling and reporting this to Trans Union

• Af
    AFerr Jul 27, 2009

I used to love my local Target until they installed new registers. The screens on the registers can be read by those at end of the line. So if there is a long line and I can't see that "'wart remover" is being scanned I can definitely read all about it. In this day and age of supposed privacy- I don't need everyone in line to know what I am purchasing. I guess they are trying to make me shop elsewhere or on-line.

• Be
    Beverly Aug 03, 2009

I HATE TARGET BATHINGSUITS!!! My top fell off in front of everyone because they are poorly made... they are not worth the money!!!

Michael Hockey Aug 07, 2009

What were you trying to return?

• Ki
    kinki Aug 26, 2009

Same thing happen to me they lowered my limit twice in a year target sucks! I plan on paying off my card and not shopping there at all! Target is a ripoff

MIRRACLESDOHAPPEN Aug 31, 2009

Target is refusing to take coupons that do not specify brand size specifications for the purchase of sample sizes even when the coupon is for less than the price of the sample size that they are selling. Many web sites that demonstrate how to match up coupons with store sales show how to get items for free or near free but with Target refusing to accept the coupons for the sample sizes this is no longer possible at their store so watch out or you will be paying for price for those sample sizes!

• Su
    summerj2008 Aug 31, 2009

So what? Target, and any other store, has the right to refuse coupons or create their own policies for accepting them. Technically, they should have taken it for the trial size if it wasn't specified on the coupon, but there must have been a problem at some point for them to refuse. You only know your little part of the story.

• Su
    summerj2008 Aug 31, 2009

This doesn't make any sense-- why are you complaining about Target when they didn't manufacture the shoes? And why would you not realize the shoes were too tight before going to work in them? And why would you walk 2 miles in them until your feet bled?

• Th
    the justifier Oct 20, 2009

God, are you seriously going to stop shopping at Target because of this? If so, then there must be very few places you CAN shop because almost EVERY place does that now. If the registers are too small, people complain that they can't see the prices as they're being rung up. Besides, if you're buying wart removal cream everyone can see it on the belt on the way to the register anyway. Who cares? You're an idiot.

• Th
    the justifier Oct 20, 2009

Stole from you? REALLY? It sounds like the grandma is the one that is missing the money. This policy is one MOST STORES HAVE. You're stupid to get so upset about this. If you have gift receipts, then take them all in. The Guest Service associate would be more than happy to try them all. Wow. It's people like you that make me lose faith in humanity.

• Cu
    CustomerServiceDept Oct 20, 2009

Yeah, wouldnt they just see it on the belt anyway? Hello!

• Le
    Lemmy Oct 22, 2009

For every one person that walks out, five more walk in. WHO GIVES A ### IF YOU LEAVE? Good riddance.

• Ah
    ahoyhoy Nov 12, 2009

Haha, someone is clearly embarrassed about his/her warts!

• Na
    NANCY L MULFORD Nov 25, 2009

MY CHECK WAS NOT HONORED IN TARGET ( BLUE DIAMOND CROSSING). THAT WAS REALLY EMBARRASING. I FELT LIKE A CRIMINAL INFRONT ON OF SO MANY PEOPLE.
    THE WORST PART IS I JUST WROTE A CHECK IN THE GROCERY STORE ABOUT 45 MIN. BEFORE TARGET.

• Sh
    Shawneka Walters Nov 27, 2009

that was not nice whatyou said, they are losing alot of customers, high prices, rising APR etc...

• Ri
    Rirmko Dec 08, 2009

Daughter registered for Baby Shower Items on their registry... Items, although scanned at the counter never would get deleted off the registration list... this will result in many duplicate items (and if a receipt is not included, cannot be returned)... Called, called, e-mailed until I've just given up... Will never, never have any other registry with them, and will probably not shop there again...

• Co
    connec Jan 07, 2010

When we ruturned a already half eptey bottle of airfreshener the lady was very rude did not say hello when we said hello and acted like wewere lying to her

• harry_palm69 Jan 07, 2010

Who cares if Target employees were rude. Next time go to Walmart. They will say hello to you and tell you to screw off. Get bent, beeeoootch!

• Ki
    KIMJ211 Feb 03, 2010

I FOUND OUT THAT THERE WAS AN UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTION IN THE AMOUNT OF 41.82 FROM OCTOBER 15, 2009. I NOT MAKE THIS TRANSACTION AND/OR AUTHORIZE ANYONE ELSE TO USE ANY OF MY PERSONAL, OR FINANCIAL ACCOUNTS. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME TAKE CARE OF THIS MATTER.TELL ME WHAT TYPES OF DOCUMENTS, AFFIDAVITS, ECT...DO I NEED, OR HAVE TO SIGN?

• Li
    Little Miss Sunshine Mar 15, 2010

Why are you returning a half empty of air freshener?

• Ta
    TARGET NORTH Mar 17, 2010

Sir/Madam,

We have e-mail id with MSN Hotmail account. The id is

[protected]@hotmail.com. Recently due to a company problem,

we want to close the account on an urgent basis.

Please do the needful as much earliest you can.

Thanks & regards,