Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home International Calling Cards Taco Bell unethical behavior within the workplace

Taco Bell  -  unethical behavior within the workplace

G
Author of the complaint
11:56 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Date of Incident: 8/16/2018

I WAS a proud employee of the Taco Bell KFC hybrid store until 8/16/2018 when I resigned from my position as a food preparation associate because of verbal abuse from my boss. I am complaining today due to communication within the workplace that was established that was inappropriate and other problems that I will list as follows. My boss, Mrs. [name removed] who is the manager of the store, abuses her position as a manager as follows:

1.) HARASSMENT: [name removed] harasses her employees by constant belittlement on their work, including when someone like me asks a question, and using profanity to assign tasks. Specifically she has made these exact remarks: "Why are you asking me? See that girl over there? Her name is Aurelia and she is a manager too, ask her to clock in." These kinds of remarks not only are disrespectful, but they are hurtful and this is the first reason why I left. profanity used: [censored]

2.) BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF: As an individual, I feel that I was taken advantage of within the workplace by [name removed] . I feel this way because I was assigned a SERIES of rather large responsibilities at once as an individual. There have been various times when I have had to work a 14 hour shift. Only being granted a 30 minute break. Along with this I am assigned with Dish, Lobby, Drive Thru, and Front Register all at the same time. Again, this is the second reason why I left, I do not like being taken advantage of.

3.) FEELINGS OF INCOMPETENCE: Every day I come to work, I try my best and give it 105%. I demonstrate this by not only taking care of my duties, but also helping my coworkers when the time is available. as an employee, I am NEVER on my phone and always take full responsibility for my actions. Despite my hard efforts, [name removed] uses VERBAL ABUSE as her primary way of making me feel incompetent. She does this by acting annoyed when talked to, and having sassy remarks for IMMACULATE customer service.

After receiving my paycheck today from my boss with snappy remarks regarding what time I had to come in to receive my check, I did not feel that I was being treated adequately to come into work without belittlement, and harassment. Due to me not coming into work, we had an altercation over telephone regarding my two weeks notice voicemail and me not coming in, where [name removed] advised me that I come into work today to work, or forfeit my position as a food preparation associate. Of course, feeling taken advantage of, harassed, and belittled I strongly advised her that I was not going into work.

I strongly advise that you ask insight from all of the current employees at this KFC Taco Bell franchise, as there are others in the workplace being verbally abused and taken advantage of.

Location of store: 6113 Hickory Flat Hwy, Canton Georgia 30114