Steak n Shake - Floridapoor service and food

I was at steak n shake twice this week, the first time the waitress forgot several things,we had to remind her. The first time I went with my brother and nephew who were from out of town and I had bragged about steak n shake how good the food was.

This time it was disappointing we ordered the taco salad it was mostly lettuce and they had no salsa or sour cream, they did however have taco sauce, there was little meat or beans. The next time we went to have milk shakes and my brother a burger and tea. My milkshake was not cold and my brother's tea was sour he drank it and didn't say anything then we got one to go and he said it tasted funny and it was sour,they took off the tea. I didn't say anything about the shake. I did mention to the manager about the taco salad and he said it was in the corporates hands but they didn't do any thing to make up for it. I go to steak n shake 2 times a week and get tea for work or soda and sometimes milkshakes for the girls at work,but if this keeps up I may reconsider. There burgers are great but they could improve on service and taco salad, and tea and make sure the milkshakes are cold not warm. This steak n shake it in port charlotte fl on eljobean rd by the town center mall.

• Updated by Kjs4221 · Oct 04, 2017

Angela the server very racist at jax FL San Jose location

• Updated by Derrick68 · Mar 22, 2018

Gabriella and Becky Morris are 2 very rude employees they do not know how to interact with customers when the food is cold and they love to be on there phones they look for dudes at the job sleep with everybody and they are nasty they never wash there hands they don’t work like females should I dislike the restraunt 👍

• Updated by Derrick68 · Mar 22, 2018

The steak on pine island road needs to step there game up and watch employees on how they interact with people and will not eat there after those females didn’t wash or treat customers right .

• Updated by Desray12 · May 08, 2018

When I go to steak and shake I always asking add beef chili for .99 and when I go home I don't have add beef chili and o e more place too. I don't remember where. Now I will never come back and tell my friend not coming to this place anymore

• Updated by Desray12 · May 16, 2018

When I go to steak and shake asking for add beef chili they didn't add extra beef chili and is not very very good job

• Updated by Mike Smolik · May 24, 2018

Lately this site has not been cooking burgers like S&S used to. No longer crispy on edges. Just greasy and undercooked.

• Updated by Eabutler · Jun 09, 2018

Could barely understand the order taker (found out at window that headset was broken). He seemed irritated that he had to repeat things. Fries were cold and stale, only a had slice of tomato on burger, chicken was cold. Did not receive a receipt for our payment, just a list of what was on the order with no prices.

• Updated by Jimmy Bryant · Sep 24, 2018

Want something done has happened before

• Updated by Jan Staricha · Oct 20, 2018

I read that steak and shake would not serve a police officer on his way to work -
    I pray this is not true

Please respond to this inquiry
    Jan Staricha

• Updated by Holly Wattie · Jan 23, 2019

We didn't get the correct burger. We spend $32.65 and didn't even get the correct burger. We'd like a refund...my husband had a very long day on the road traveling and couldn't go back up there (another 15 min one-way) to get it corrected, he was exhausted...if people would be more careful about the orders before they give them to the customers.

• Updated by Holly Wattie · Jan 25, 2019

Lady behind me ordered 3 huge bags of food

• Updated by Beverly Wipert · Aug 27, 2019

poor food temperature

• Updated by Dre Robinson · Sep 30, 2019

First time here Great service will be back next week Thank you Gabby.

• Updated by Dre Robinson · Sep 30, 2019

Fast food fast service great shakes server was A young lady name Gabi

• Ro
    Robert Sellmansberger Feb 16, 2020

Stop sending my family ads in the mail. There's only one location in my area and it's too far to drive. Thanks!

• Na
    Natasha w Feb 01, 2020

I ordered a shake and tasted it before I left the store. I asked the woman who handed me the shake if it was the correct one I ordered because it didn't taste like what I ordered. She straight up lied to my face saying that she did give me what I ordered when she gave me the incorrect milkshake.

Sabrista Johnson Jan 12, 2020

The manager was very rude. The cashier mistakenly gave me a shake. The manger walked out the door and retrieved the shake. According to the health department a company is not allowed to sell items after another customer touch it. The manager was real rude. My son chicken fingers was cold and my burger wasn't fixed correctly.

• Be
    Beth Skaggs Dec 14, 2019

Ordered Chili Mac Supreme...came out looking like dog food piled on top. Had to ask for the other elements of the dish. Asked for silverware to eat our food and was given plastic utensils. Ordered a Chili Cheese Steakdog and Cheese fries...it looked like a pile of dog food on the entire plate.

• Tw
    twothings Nov 25, 2019

This burger does not at all look like the one on the sign or the ones on the commercials. Very annoyed!

• De
    Deb8157 Nov 09, 2019

Discontinued veggie soup and utensils unless asked. Vegetable soup nutritious and lower calories than chili

• Ea
    Eatingelsewhere Nov 02, 2019

They were not that busy. At least 5 tables were not bused. Hostess cursed when we told him no one had come to take or order. Waited 30 minutes for food. A table of 3 near us left because no body waited on them. Never again!

• Sh
    Shanda runkle Nov 02, 2019

I was at steak and shake in mt Vernon Illinois 62864 on Friday evening With my 6 year old and my husband. First off the manager was on the phone and arguing and cussing at someone. Then the waitresses were behind the counter talking about it and cussing as well as my child was hearing it all! And My burger wasn't fully cooked! I was NOT impressed

• Sh
    Shyanne1994 Oct 29, 2019

I ordered 2 portabella and Swiss sandwiches and I got 2 garlic burgers instead.

• Fi
    Fishoftennessee Oct 27, 2019

Ordered food waited 45 minutes and no food. This is uncalled for. Was not busy. Tables not cleared messy and unkept. Very disappointed. First time and will be my last visit. Such a shame.

Doris Fish
    [email protected]
    [protected]

MACKLER68 Oct 27, 2019

I am very upset because I was there at 11 pm on Saturday the 19. And the staff was [censored]ing at each other. Then they left the other Server all alone
    She was doing her best. I do not know her name but she was doing a great job. You need to get the poor girl some help. Steak and shake is going down hill. And the bathroom need to be clean more.

• Rc
    R. Crowell Oct 10, 2019

Recently have experienced long delays in drive thru after placing order resulting in cold food upon delivery. Have frequented this restaurant over several years and service has been good, but recently during nighttime hours have experienced unusually slow service

Annee11 Oct 07, 2019

Rachael Jones (Nichole on Facebook) kept insulting and harassing my friend, and then told me to fight her EVEN THOUGH SHE IS PREGNANT. And then threatened to beat my friend up again after already doing so. If this is the type of people you hire, that's disgusting.

• Dr
    Dre Robinson Oct 07, 2019

It was my sons birthday and we had an amazing time first time here and our server Gabby was Awsome Great addituide and fast service

• Su
    Sue Pridemore Sep 25, 2019

Advertises a frosty glass and thick. Was neither in glass or thick

• Vb
    V.Bell Sep 15, 2019

I am sitting in this Steak and Shake STILL waiting for my food. Been waiting over 30 minutes while others that were here after me have eaten and gone.

Was here 2 weeks ago and all tables were empty of people, but full of dirty dishes. Never did get seated so we left and went to Arby's.

This place needs help!!!

Nonya. Sep 02, 2019

I pulled into the Sedalia mo location at 7:15, I only have 30 min for lunch. I was asked to pull off to the side at 7:35 to wait. I only got chicken strips and a shake. A car of 4 people were behind me and left before I did. I was finally able to leave (and be late back to work) at 7:45. Guess I won't be coming back if it's going to take this long

• Be
    Beverly Wipert Sep 02, 2019

My husband and I went to Steak & Shake for breakfast. He ordered sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs. I ordered eggs, bacon and pancakes. When our meals came all the food was cold. No one came by to check. When I told the cashier about it nothing was done.

• La
    Larry Speakman Aug 25, 2019

The Grovecity store is always closed at night when I stop but it says open 24 hours. I stopef there a few weeks back to find note on door di ing roo. Closed at 10pm and again today dining room was closed and it was only 1030pm

• Da
    Daniellloud Aug 24, 2019

I spent 30 minutes waiting on 5 shakes it was ridiculous!!!

Madison2102 Aug 24, 2019

This was in my chicken. here I am providing a picture of the chicken and the receipt. I want a refund. Very disgusted. I AM NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN. SO GROSS.

• Li
    Lisab84 Aug 13, 2019

i went thru drive thru around midnight after spending the evening in er, I was very disappointed. I ordered a 3 pc chicken with fries we got a 2pc chicken and fries, dlb bacon burger only mayo and ketchup we got a single burger with cheese and mayo and ketchup, and a dlb steak burger 4/4 woth fries n slaw got no slaw and cookie was hard as a rock.

• Se
    seth spaulding Aug 06, 2019

You guys have amazing food and prices can you guys please open a steak and shake in Versailles, Kentucky. It takes 30mins for me to get to the nearest steak and shake and I would
    Be very happy if you guys open one up in my hometown and make it a lot faster to get there.

• Va
    VanSickle Aug 05, 2019

Got 2 shakes yesterday and one was a strawberry shake with No strawberries. The 2nd was a dark chocolate one. Both showed vanilla shakes with stuff added. The chocolate shake was terrible tasted like chocolate syrup no chocolate chunks at a a few chocolate chips on top is all.

• Ba
    BarryNobbeyForPresident Aug 05, 2019

This is NOT a complaint. I can't find where to contact the company to tell them what an exceptional job their employee did. Barry Nobbey did an INCREDIBLE job please contact me to learn more because I want him to get a raise for how well he treated me and my friends when we were in the store.

• Su
    Superman2019 Jul 27, 2019

The app for steak n shake DOES NOT HAVE DALTON, GEORGIA location to place order over your smart phone or tablet. PLEASE FIX THIS ON YOUR APP. The service for Dalton, ga. Location to me is great. Food is great.

• Se
    Seth-sasser92 Jul 20, 2019

Walked in
    Ordered a milkshake
    Took over 30 minutes
    Still never got my order
    Asked to get a refund
    And there was little to no regards from anyone for what happened
    Poor service all the way around
    But somehow
    Someone who ordered after me
    Got 3 bags of good and 4 drinks
    All before me
    Which is rediculous
    When I only ordered one milk shake

• Mi
    Mira Jackson Jun 29, 2019

Went to order online, but unable to buy anything because I could not use my gift card.

• Da
    Daphnee Cadet Jun 26, 2019

When I turned on the light my burger was completely raw pink. I haven't felt good can't eat and been having stomach aches .

• Gr
    Grumps Suck Jun 25, 2019

I had a faulty order and service and couldn't get a replacement for my family and I bc the location shut down/closed. We are Mr and Mrs Fournier and our email is [email protected] We hope for resolution... Replacement of order. Thank You.

• Ca
    Caroline. Jun 19, 2019

this place is ridiculous as hell. no one has the TIME to sit in a damn drive through for 40 minutes... it's SUPPOSED to be simple and easy and its a headache to even try. RIDICULOUS

• Go
    Gonzalo123 Jun 16, 2019

The food is delicious. Its just that the floor ar dirty and the smell here is very unpleasnt. Its it nice to eat that way. And also the service is very very slow.

• Ta
    TaylorAnn Jun 08, 2019

I went to Steak ‘n Shake last night . I ordered through the drive thru and i waited 25 minutes to receive my order, and it was wrong . I order A double bacon cheeseburger and recieved no bacon . I am Unhappy because i had to wait an extremely long time just to receive the wrong order.

• Ba
    Bas97 Jun 02, 2019

I bought too hotdogs and fries with a side of cheese sauce got back to work with no fries

• De
    Devena Clarke May 22, 2019

South Blvd Charlotte nc server was rude and taking her sweet time while 2 people got serve in front of me. Also put dirty silverware on the dirty table very UNSANITARY

• Ni
    Nina Marinelli May 21, 2019

I placed a order for a triple steak burger meal and a footlong hot dog. Was told they didn't sell footlong's anymore, I asked for the regular one. Drive home and found out they gave me the wrong order! I drove back and they exchanged it for my order that had been sitting on the counter the whole time. At that point the food was cold and inedible.

• Ro
    Rosa vega May 14, 2019

My food was great👍🏾 also nice waitresses.Briazah.H she was very nice she had no addittude

Jazzyk May 12, 2019

Arrived at 945. No lights on drive thru. Waited 5 mins no one answered. I said hello. Gentleman said we are unloading the truck so u will have to wait 10 or 15 mins until we get done. I think this is a disgrace and I would like to be contacted regarding my visit.

• Mi
    MisMissy May 11, 2019

After waiting for over an hour in drive thru and not getting everything I will not be back. Worst service ever!! At least hire some help for the two people you have cooking!!

• 12
    12jenc7383 May 06, 2019

Every steak ‘n shake i've been to has ALWAYS sheen understaffed. This company need to employ MORE people. There is 1 waiter here right night that has 15 tables and there is still people waiting to be seated.