Steak n Shake - Floridapoor service and food

I was at steak n shake twice this week, the first time the waitress forgot several things,we had to remind her. The first time I went with my brother and nephew who were from out of town and I had bragged about steak n shake how good the food was.

This time it was disappointing we ordered the taco salad it was mostly lettuce and they had no salsa or sour cream, they did however have taco sauce, there was little meat or beans. The next time we went to have milk shakes and my brother a burger and tea. My milkshake was not cold and my brother's tea was sour he drank it and didn't say anything then we got one to go and he said it tasted funny and it was sour,they took off the tea. I didn't say anything about the shake. I did mention to the manager about the taco salad and he said it was in the corporates hands but they didn't do any thing to make up for it. I go to steak n shake 2 times a week and get tea for work or soda and sometimes milkshakes for the girls at work,but if this keeps up I may reconsider. There burgers are great but they could improve on service and taco salad, and tea and make sure the milkshakes are cold not warm. This steak n shake it in port charlotte fl on eljobean rd by the town center mall.

• Updated by Kjs4221 · Oct 04, 2017

Angela the server very racist at jax FL San Jose location

• Updated by Derrick68 · Mar 22, 2018

Gabriella and Becky Morris are 2 very rude employees they do not know how to interact with customers when the food is cold and they love to be on there phones they look for dudes at the job sleep with everybody and they are nasty they never wash there hands they don’t work like females should I dislike the restraunt 👍

• Updated by Derrick68 · Mar 22, 2018

The steak on pine island road needs to step there game up and watch employees on how they interact with people and will not eat there after those females didn’t wash or treat customers right .

• Updated by Desray12 · May 08, 2018

When I go to steak and shake I always asking add beef chili for .99 and when I go home I don't have add beef chili and o e more place too. I don't remember where. Now I will never come back and tell my friend not coming to this place anymore

• Updated by Desray12 · May 16, 2018

When I go to steak and shake asking for add beef chili they didn't add extra beef chili and is not very very good job

• Updated by Mike Smolik · May 24, 2018

Lately this site has not been cooking burgers like S&S used to. No longer crispy on edges. Just greasy and undercooked.

• Updated by Eabutler · Jun 09, 2018

Could barely understand the order taker (found out at window that headset was broken). He seemed irritated that he had to repeat things. Fries were cold and stale, only a had slice of tomato on burger, chicken was cold. Did not receive a receipt for our payment, just a list of what was on the order with no prices.

• Updated by Jimmy Bryant · Sep 24, 2018

Want something done has happened before

• Updated by Jan Staricha · Oct 20, 2018

I read that steak and shake would not serve a police officer on his way to work -
    I pray this is not true

Please respond to this inquiry
    Jan Staricha

• Updated by Holly Wattie · Jan 23, 2019

We didn't get the correct burger. We spend $32.65 and didn't even get the correct burger. We'd like a refund...my husband had a very long day on the road traveling and couldn't go back up there (another 15 min one-way) to get it corrected, he was exhausted...if people would be more careful about the orders before they give them to the customers.

• Updated by Holly Wattie · Jan 25, 2019

Lady behind me ordered 3 huge bags of food

• Updated by Beverly Wipert · Aug 27, 2019

poor food temperature

• Updated by Dre Robinson · Sep 30, 2019

First time here Great service will be back next week Thank you Gabby.

• Updated by Dre Robinson · Sep 30, 2019

Fast food fast service great shakes server was A young lady name Gabi

Maggie McGee May 13, 2008

I totally believe that story. Steak n Shake likes to hire stupid degenerates, and the few times they actually get any good servers, they fire them for being smarter than the stupid idiot managers. Especially in Casselberry Florida.

• Mrs Bean Dec 28, 2018

@Maggie McGee Everyone needs jobs. Even stupid degenerates and stupid idiot managers.

dailey2820 Feb 07, 2009

Im sorry but I worked at Steak N Shake as a server and my husband still does. I have never in my life had anyone get a warm shake. This is not possible. I do understand that service can be crappy at times since they hire new people a lot and they are mostly high school students (I do not agree with) but I know from first hand experience that being a waitress is a very stressful job. Costumers come in and like to be waited on hand and foot while the server has other costumers to handle, tables to clean, sides and drinks to make, etc. Not to meantion that even if you are a good server you have to pick up the slack from the newbies. Some steak n shakes even make their servers make the shakes while trying to do their other tasks. And when they start running out of dishes and there is no dish boy because steak n shake likes to keep its employees pay down the server has to go wash dishes. All this work and the server is getting paid $4 an hour! Yes under min wage because the server is expected to make up for it with tips which most people dont even leave any. Did I meantion that Steak n Shake cut down the percentage the employees get discounted by 10% over a year ago because they were getting new uniforms. I dont know if you noticed but Steak n Shakes uniforms havent changed! Steak n Shake is by far the worse company when it comes down to taking care of its employees. Now after reading only parts of the crap the servers have to deal with while working there, you tell me if you can complain about the tea tasting bad? One more thing, if you do experience any drinks or food tasting bad just ask them to get you a new one or something else. They will not have a problem with it and you wont have to pay for something, eat, or drink something you dont like. And please tip your waitress or waiter, even if its a dollar, no matter how bad they did because like I said earlier, they dont even get payed minimum wage, they work their butts off, and they do try hard. Thank you very much.

• Pi
    Pissed in Ocala Jun 21, 2019

@dailey2820 *Customers*...And if waiting on them "hand and foot" is too much work, perhaps you need a different line of work..

• Br
    bryan Mar 22, 2009

The reason your tea was sour was because in 06 steak n shake cleaned there tea machines with bleach and the dumb third shift server that cleaned it didnt rinse it out all the way with hot water so i would probably guess that he got a little sick the next day. They use hot water only now so the tea is now safe

Mary Mar 25, 2009

You store is an isolated event. I agree with the other posters, There is other things going on at that store and do not reflect all steak and shakes!!!

Attention all servers, Within the next few weeks YOU WILL BE TAKING A PAY CUT PER HOUR. They want to keep it quiet till after lil 500 so that you guys dont leave. Cooks are also taking cuts if you make over a certain amount.

We took the discount cut for the new uniforms that we never received! However they kept the 10% how is that fair? I'm a service trainer making over $7 hr and have been there going on 6 yrs now, And have given this company every bit of myself. Today I'm told my pay is going to be cut by almost $4 This is just wrong!!!

Marilyn Apr 02, 2009

And God Forbid if U are over a Certain Age...they will find/trump up/invent/create/outright manufacture a lie to have a reason to get rid of U! Casselberry store is an example...best employees were gotten rid of because of insurance costs, nearing retirement and SNS doesn't want to keep the promises made to those poor folks. The most heartbreaking was an elderly dishwasher who worked very, very hard, spent years there, only to be demeaned and lied about by this nasty new female GM they have. She abused him terribly, cut his hours, making a older female 3rd shift server clean all the dishes when she'd come in at night, then after she worked her tail off, doing literally EVERYTHING in that place, including that fat, lazy ###'s job, she and her little nasty butt-buddy young assistant manager, also a major Liar, told her she was fired, which just made her laugh. Why? Because at the same moment, she told them she was leaving! They hate maturity at SNS, only hire from that protected Class when it they are questioned by The Powers That Be over their discriminatory practices. They will then hire a few TOKEN old people.

• Un
    Unscrutible Wizard Mar 30, 2010

At the Steak 'n Shake that I work at, a lot of the people's jobs are completely undermined, so in an effort to make more money, they hire less people and make those few people do more work. In my time so far at Steak 'n Shake, I've seen servers do dishes and make milkshakes, the back of the restaurant be almost completely empty (besides myself), and I'm expected to do pretty much everyone else's job. I'm convinced that if the day was going slow enough, they'd have me on the floor serving customers that walk in. So, next time your waitress forgets a few things, it's probably not her fault. She probably had to run a few racks of dishes and her short-term memory failed on her.

• Al
    alexngt Aug 10, 2011

you cant go to steak and shake and receive decent service at the drive thru--EVER...ive been to SNS many times and it is always HELL---the employees are rude mean nasty, just rude or stupid or get your order wrong...they always suck...its as if SNS corporate teaches these low lifes to have bad manners and treat people badly--and that's it. This generation of idiots already is bad and then they have these ###s working in fast food treating people like sh*t...I went there and some rude black guy shoved my food and drinks at me and gave me a bad attitude and shut the door on us-- so rude...SNS sucks as always and they promote these degenerates and people with bad CSR skills to management positions...it seems you have to suck as an employee to be promoted to management and it happened at another SNS with a really sick and rude b*tch and she got promoted rather than fired...so SNS is the place where they promote nutcases to management positions and the idiots working for them are mostly rude obnoxious mean or deranged...

• We
    Werdio Nov 03, 2011

The management has lied to me REPEATEDLY concerning my getting my final paycheck. It IS WAY WAY overdue. The corporate office has no knowledge of my being owed due 2 more days of pay. I have been told ALL manner of reasons why I have not gotten my pay yet. Bottom line- they owe me money and have not paid it out. I want my money NOW, and I was told that last week there would be a "special" check issued for me and that it would be there--Last week. It is not there. Again today I got MORE excuses. Where is the justice of this?? Steak and Shake are not only thieves, but liars as well.

• Ph
    phillthom84 Oct 26, 2013

Food was cold and manager helped us and forgot about us. Also the place was dirty as hell!! Location needs serious help ASAP!!!

Jay777 Jan 08, 2015

I was a Training Store General Manager for one of the stores in Florida which was in the Top 20% of the Company in Sales! Though my first several years there were really good the company culture continued to decline into the absolute worst company culture I have ever encountered! The cost of the food is ridiculously low and the frequency of the coupon drops make the business unmanageable. The coupons coupled with" kids eat free" make for a weekend you just have to try to live through. I can not describe to you how difficult this business model is to manage! Add to that the fact that they are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year(that's correct no holidays at all) it is horrible! It is also very difficult to clean because of the intense volume and never closing. THE POINT I WANT TO GET TO THOUGH IS>>>>>> the discounted price point and especially the $4 menu has brought a terrible average clientele! They pay almost nothing and want the world! They believe that though their family of four just ate for less that $20 that these is an executive Chef in the back rather than the high school kid making minimum wage! The salad you bought was $3.99...Did you notice that? There are good Taco Salads somewhere in your town but they are more than $3.99 and they wont be at the cheapest burger joint in town! The company had no intention of adding sour cream to our product mix for such a minimal menu addition.. While it is unlikely I will ever work for a company as sorry as Steak n' Shake it is just as unlikely I'll ever encounter a clientele as bad. In that way I suppose it is a perfect match! Enjoy!

• Pi
    Pissed in Ocala Jun 21, 2019

@Jay777 Spoken like a true SNS employee..rude..

• Ce
    Celina1364 Aug 13, 2018

It was 1 am in the morning and sat in the drive through for 45 min and the food wasn't not made properly. This was on August 2, 2018 at the St. Clairsville steak and shake.

chanman4tw Aug 13, 2018

I payed 10.58 the exact amount i pay almost every night at your hallandale location, enough money for two triple chesseburgers. Never has my order been wrong and I always order to go, I got back to my home ad both of my burgers were doubles, not triples. I would like a refund of 10.58 enough for the triples I should have received.

Maria Villalobos Aug 14, 2018

I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and got a grilled sandwich with just ketchup on it. They are supposed to be crispy with all the toppings.

• Ti
    Tim Rodgers Aug 14, 2018

Employees of the zanesville Steak ‘n Shake always promoting drug use on premises/ posting on social media

• To
    Tomhardy Aug 15, 2018

Me and my family go to steak n shake every Thursday we all order the same thing almost it always comes put hot and freah every time the manager Seth is very professional and polite any issue we seem to have he resolves we leave happy every time he's doing a great job with the store thought this might help out.

CAL31 Aug 15, 2018

Order Number 557594
    Extremely disappointed in this product! I have eat this salad in the restaurant may times and loved it. I drove through the drive thru and got a not even half filled salad bowl, the cheese was missing and the tomatoes were old. Who ever does their quality control needs to do some retraining.

• Ea
    Eabutler Aug 15, 2018

My fries was old and cold. My number 17 was very little and ask for cheese fries didnt get them.

• Un
    Unknown 1123 Aug 15, 2018

The waitress here at rock hill a was very rude because she was disappointed that we only ordered fries. She made us feel very uncomfortable and unsatisfied.

Shut.it.down Aug 15, 2018

There were only 2 cars in front of me & I ordered 3 reg fries. I waited for literally 40 minutes and by the time I got my fries they were cold and inedible. I will never return to Steak & Shake. I threw out the fries and lost my $9.00.

Diane Coon Aug 15, 2018

I called several numbers and no one would help me. I didnt have a birthday coupon today. [email protected]

• Ry
    Ryan Mckinney Aug 16, 2018

I went into the Fairlawn location and waited 45 mins for my meal before walking out without ever receiving it. The restaurant only had five other tables sat so they were not busy. The place was also a complete wreck. Almost every table was dirty. I even had to wait 5 minutes for my server to clean one. I will not return!

• Hu
    Hunterj50 Aug 20, 2018

I was in line 25 mins when I was one of two people in line. I get my meal, and they forgot half of it. I had to go back around, and wait 20 more mins for a freaking milkshake while 2 other cars for complete meals and left. I spent 45 mins when there was no just for a milkshake that was disappointing.

• So
    soap139 Aug 20, 2018

Derek E has provided my family and I with excellent customer service. Best I have had in a long while.
    *702878*
    Sns# 581
    Derek E, 4/30/2018

Thank you Derek E.

Mike Smolik Aug 20, 2018

Just too greasy. About 20 min ago my wife vomited after eating a single.

• Em
    EmileeVillarreal Aug 20, 2018

I go to the location off West Arbrook in Arlington Texas. I can not seem to ever get a correct order. I don't wanna open the burger in line but I guess I'm gonna have to start. I ask for Garlic fries I get regular. Today the coke was pure carbonated water. I've never went to a location that's continuously bad.

Diana Svoboda Going Aug 20, 2018

We just stopped at the Steak and Shake in Sullivan Missouri. Their sign states they close at midnight and employees are inside, all doors are locked they don't answer the door and they don't answer the window.

Joseph Laracuente Aug 20, 2018

I'm contacting you today to make you aware of something i thought was the law and policy in a recent visit to your Parma Heights location. Two of your employees and i believe one was a manager, was not wearing their hair net when making food. Was not comfortable knowing they wasn't wearing them.

Charlotte Robinson Aug 20, 2018

This is disgusting that our condiments are in this thank you steak and shake

Martina Rozema Aug 20, 2018

You guys need to bring back salt and vinegar fries. They were the only reason why I came. You guys were the only ones with salt and vinegar fries. I wont come back until then bring back salt and vinegar fries

Lisa Benhoff Main Aug 20, 2018

May 12th, Manager was yelling at the employees 35 min wait for a Taco salad that had very little meat and the meat was very dry and burnt. Management did nothing to satisfy my complaint or offer anything.

Jeff Main [email protected]

• Gj
    gjones63 Aug 20, 2018

on Saturday 5/12/2018 at 1030pm we went to try to eat here and the manager was locking the doors stating they was closing. the manager and employees was very rude. the signs clearly say open 24 hours. this is an on going problem at this location 4545 outerloop louisville, ky 40219.

Kendell Johnson Aug 20, 2018

Placed an order inside at 12:09am and didn't receive my food for 25 mins. My food was cold and treated like old grease. For the prices yall charge... yall should get more help. I'll also be going to social media about this horrible experience. Never eat at steak n shake in Peoria illinois on university

Rosy sparks Aug 20, 2018

The restaurant in Lake City, Fl is so dirty and the food was cold and nasty!

Derrick68 Aug 20, 2018

The food was cold and Gabriella Morris was very bad at giving the order and food to me she was very mean she was on her phone and calling people and her customer services was bad she didn't know how to respond when I told her the food was cold and nasty.

Rachel Young Aug 20, 2018

Why did you discontinue frisco shooters?! Those were the best on the market. I'm really upset and this isn't the last you'll hear from me.

Lisa Mullett Aug 20, 2018

2/24/2018 we arrived at the grand prairie store in Peoria illinois at @1255pm. One hour later at 152pm we still do not have our food. We have received multiple apologies and an explanation that they may be short staffed.
    This is ridiculous. We chose this restaurant fur convenience and quick service due to time constraints. Unacceptable service.

Greg Geddy Aug 20, 2018

I had a waiter named Reymond who gave us very bad service. Was not good at his job. We never had water refills. And he was not friendly. He also smelled like horrible smoke!! I would never want him as a waiter again. He was also not treating not treating other customers good either so it wasn't just us.

• Fi
    FinnD Aug 20, 2018

Wednesday 25, 2018, at 10 P.M. I ordered a 7x7 at one of the Stake N' Shake locations, and the server said "we can't serve you that tonight, it's to late and the chef doesn't feel like serving a 7x7". I am curious to know if this is a real acceptable action by Stake N' Shake staff, or if I am allowed to eat a 7x7 at night?

noahxxx Aug 21, 2018

me and my friend walked into steak ‘n shake in festus missouri and waited 20+ minutes of being waited on and didn't get it while the people who walked in were waited on and had their drinks etc so me and my friend walked out

• Ne
    Newkidd34 Aug 21, 2018

Currently sitting in steak n shake in aloma ave and haven't see a server 15 minutes in no one has even taken my drink order yet a couple sat down 2 minutes ago and have their order in. Make that 19 mins still no drink order.

subee96 Aug 21, 2018

I ordered a Strawberry Sundae and only received an ice cream with 3 strawberries. What kind of Sundae is that? Where is the syrup, cherry, nuts, etc

Dawn909 Aug 21, 2018

I ordered Two shakes this afternoon one birthday cake and one Oreo. The Oreo shake had chunks of strawberries. Luckily it was for my daughter and not my son who is allergic to berries. How does this happen? However this happened I frel like it is an extremely dangerous situation that should be addesssed.
    Thanks

Desray12 Aug 21, 2018

No good service I ask add chili beef they didn't give you I won't and tell my friend not going there I go a lot steak n shake now I won't go back

Taylor Minix Aug 21, 2018

I waited 20 minutes in drive thru just to no receive my cheese cup I paid for. I would have to wait until 20 minutes if I decided to get the cheesecup. I didn't receive any napkins, which I'd ridiculous. Horrible service.

Rafael Alshamari Aug 21, 2018

I just came back from stake n shake and I asked for chicken fingers, jalapeños crunch and chili. I found something in my chicken fingers that I have no clue what it was. I still have pictures.

• Bl
    blankfamily Aug 21, 2018

used intimidation tactics against my daughter Kylie blank and threatened her They threatened her safety she said they should be fired immediately and sent to jail

Melvin classen Aug 28, 2018

Not lot of people all tables dirty no one wants to cleaning looks like a new girl on today they want her to do all job of picking tables up one of the girls was very rude so disappointed of this location is not the firt time at this location food is great price to but the girl s just dont want to do there job and management nowhere to be seen here

• Al
    AlyO Aug 28, 2018

I was sat in about 10 minutes which makes no sense because there are 3 other tables here total. I was sat at a dirty table while the cooks laughed at us and nobody has took our order here another 15 minutes later and still counting.

• Ol
    Oliviappp Aug 29, 2018

I am distraught. I cannot believe you would have the audacity to change your menu to the point you have discontinued the milkshake that has single handily brought joy to my life. My life no longer has meaning.
    #gonebutneverforgotten
    #riphotfudgebrowniemilkshake

Lisarayray Sep 01, 2018

I loved going to steak and shake and eating there wasn't one where I lived at now that I have moved and one is only 5 miles away I was in love lol but I was disappointed when I went I found out that the salt and vinegar fries wasn't available anymore please please bring them back on the menu and leave them as an option also the other flavors

• Re
    RebelRed Sep 01, 2018

We came to SS and seated our selves, waited 10 minutes, never saw a server. The staff were congregated around the cashiers station and were not a bit concerned with the customers other than the younger girls that came in.

• Lo
    Lois Fillyaw Sep 01, 2018

People fixing the food at the drive thru was literally drinking their drinks AT the window while on their phones while there was literally a line wrapped around the building waiting. Waited in line for an hour just to be serverely disappointed. Never going back. Get yall's shit together.

• Vi
    Vicki Strain Sep 01, 2018

So disappointed. Bought a Pumpkin shake, also the Holiday Peppermint shake and both were runny. No texture as far as smooth & creamy. I buy there always. (Choc. Peanut Butter) can't hardly suck it through the straw, so thick. So so disappointed. Also the whip cream wasn't thick. I went through drive thru. 12/18 @ 8:39 pm. On Home Ave/Akron, Oh

Chuck Willard Sep 01, 2018

You should be ashamed showing your double with cheese with thick patties. Anyone who is a Steak'n Shake loyal customer knows your patties are thin. Seriously, you had to know.

shamefully Sep 01, 2018

I went to steak n shake Friday my food was cold so I told my waitress and she wouldn't have my food redone or my family's food it was all cold and the fries were almost raw

• Mo
    Momof381 Sep 01, 2018

Ordered our food at 12:31 and it finally came to the table at 1:10. It was just slighty warm when I got it. Other people that ordered their food after recieved food before us.

Shawns75 Sep 01, 2018

She was cussing at an employee just talking about some other employed by saying she you know I mean it's very very rude to be cussing at employees something needs to be done

• Gg
    gglove Sep 01, 2018

THis double cheeseburger with only mayo and light mustard is so salty I can not even eat it, the fries I knew would be cold and undercooked yet again, , , , everytime I order your fries they are cold and old no matter what time nor inside dining or thru drive thru!!

Lana Ogden Sep 01, 2018

I demand the corporate office to email me about my termination.

• To
    Tony0616 Sep 01, 2018

This is not fast food this is slow as fuck food. I have an hour lunch ove been in line waiting at your Webster texas location for over 20 minutes and there is only one person in the line! It's a constant issue coming to this location its rediculous!

Manolito0731 Sep 01, 2018

This is our third time eating here. Never come back again. They always tell you to park that they are going to bring you the food to the car, and takes half of hour to bring it. Food quality is the worst and service you can imagine.

• Ev
    Evelyn Schacter Sep 03, 2018

I have ordered the same shake over 10 times in my life time and this one night the manager told me he couldn't do it any it wasn't allow even though just two nights ago when at the same location Columbia Missouri they would not make a side by side milkshake and laughed at me I was so embarrassed and when I pulled up they were still laughing at me

Meeh510 Sep 03, 2018

Wow.. I am not one to complain and I kind of feel bad after noticing all of the other ones on here, but I have a video. I received my order. However, my burger is always messy and the sauces are OUTSIDE and all of the bun.. This was Steak n Shake in Huber Heights, Ohio 45424

• Ri
    Riley Noxon Sep 04, 2018

It took forever to get our food/drink and the waiter ignored us. Need to hire more people at night and get orders right

Jameshatessteakandhake Sep 04, 2018

The steak n shake in St. Clairesville Ohio is not very tidy. We walked in and noticed 8 dirty tables. They all had dirty cups and plates all over them.

• Re
    Rey1999 Sep 05, 2018

I order a double garlic burger with cheese but instead got buffalo burger i believe. I just want a coupon for a free garlic double burger because I am not trying to really complain. However, I drive 20 miles and rarely get steak and shake but i want it to be at least right.

Ronald paulson Sep 05, 2018

I got the wrong order from steak and shake in eureka missouri. When i got home i realized they gave me the wrong food. They always get something wrong.

Diana Sutton Sep 05, 2018

This is not a complaint. I wanted to let you know how pleased my husband and I are after visiting the Peru IL Steak and Shake Saturday night. We had really great service and the food was delicious! I couldnt believe how fast we got our food and it was hot and delicious. The best service we have ever had a a Steak and Shake!

• Cl
    Clois Boshell Sep 05, 2018

My wife and I went to Steak and Shake in Hover Al.
    Our burgers came with mustard. We had asked for no mustard.
    The lemon on my drink glass had a bug on it.
    The waitress replaced the order
    But is no one checking anything?
    And this was my first time there in a year

• Bi
    Bigflintin Sep 05, 2018

I ordered my food at the the drive thru at 6:46pm (order number 519122) and did not receive the food until 7:18pm. Over 30 minutes at the drive thru. It's completey unacceptable for 30 minutes from time food is ordered to receive it.

Taybrown Sep 05, 2018

The manager is very rude, never offered anything else . Horrible customer service, the second time my Food was wrong, and never once apologized . I work in fast food and this location is horrible. Her Name is Sarah Blackwell

• Tl
    tls1538 Sep 06, 2018

We went to city view Steak ‘n Shake #633 service was slow and we had 6 tables surrounding us that were not cleaned off that is absolutely horrible! It seemed everyone was intersted in chatting then doing there Job. I had to go get our own napkins and silverware. Food was ok but slow to getting to the table.
    Order#217188
    Teresa Smith

• Ji
    Jimbo 88 Sep 08, 2018

Manager would not accept the coupon. Telling me they put them on there without authorization. Showed him promo code. Still would not accept it. Not to mention the fact that the restrooms and whole restaurant were filthy. Will NOT be back.

Disappointed1 Customer Sep 10, 2018

Steak n shake discontinued cottage cheese. This was a low carb alternative for diets! Now were can I eat! Very disappointed!!! Cottage cheese has been around for years and the best i've every tasted. Salads don't cut it!!! Please bring back cottage cheese!!!

• Me and my family are visiting friend in Atlanta on Mt Zion Pkwy so we decision to get something to eat from steak and shake and order to single cheese bacon combo and our burger was cold

Taychanel Sep 10, 2018

My Wisconsin buttery burger patties were burnt. Like the patties were so burnt and over cooked they crunched. I'm so disappointed I come to steak N shake all the time and can't believe this happened to me.

Malinda01 Sep 10, 2018

My name is malinda caplinger adress 1410 wheeling ave zanesville oh 43701 .i go to steak in shake around 2 to 3 am i bought 2 meals and was asked to wait 10 minutes just to get ice cold food even the burgers were ice cold. I would like for you to replace my 2 meals thank you.

• Kj
    Kjs4221 Sep 10, 2018

She called me a black bitch the server named Angela at the San Jose Jacksonville Florida location I will sue for racism

• Th
    TheMonsterHunt Sep 10, 2018

On September 3 in Orlando we arrived at 12:30 am.and they gave us the food at 2:07 am.the food was cold and the milkshakes were watered completely.Thank you ...

Kevinsally Sep 10, 2018

Hello, this is not so much a complaint but more of a suggestion. I have seen other restaurants that have screens for confirming orders in the drive thru. This would make a great improvement in order accuracy as well as showing itemized prices for each ordered item. This may already be in existence in other locations but not here Kevin O'Sullivan

• Ju
    Justin Floyd Sep 11, 2018

I’m pretty sure you’ve heard. Many complaints about this location I’m being the slowest location ever. Really a bad look on brand. I’ve never been to a restaurant that’s worse than this location in terms of slow service.

• Wi
    Will72 Sep 11, 2018

Lady in front of me didn't accept her shake, so the employees gave me hers instead, which is not the Heath one that I had ordered

Carole Anthony Sep 11, 2018

Steak and shake on south side of Lansing Michigan, it is ALWAYS freezing cold and mgr refuses to turn heat on. Only 50 degrees out. Food cold almost before it gets to the table.wont be going there again, server was very nice and apologetic

• Jd
    jd fadely Sep 18, 2018

Fries we received were obviously reheated and burnt and they had to of known they were nasty. Also did not have any seasoning we requested. Threw them out and ate our sandwiches which were good. Service was very good outside of that fact which is normal for that location.

• Le
    Leo Jones Sep 18, 2018

The manager at the Irving, Tx store was very rude not professional at all didnt serve any African Americans only his race and also ignored us and i dnt appreciate his attitude or rudeness what so ever and i will never eat at this particular establishment again im so ashamed and disgusted poor everything.

• Lo
    Lola Iee daniels Sep 18, 2018

I came through the drive thru. The service was great from Alex. I ordered a double steak and cheese meal I was presented my food from the manager Janice her attitude was very rude and I didn't feel welcomed to come back. Food was great just need to work on professional ethics when handling loyal customers.

• He
    Heather cisowski Sep 18, 2018

My husband and i get milkshakes all the time and we love them. I was excited to see that the Carmel apple shake was back. I ordered it and was super disappointed when it came with NO Carmel. It the past or has anyways had Carmel.

• Kr
    Kristina Mieczkowski Sep 19, 2018

My family and I had placed our order and our waitress was very rude. we had to yell over everyone and after placing the order it took a hour to get the food. in that hour we got our shakes 30 minutes after asking for them. talked to the manager all that did was say they were sorry. The place was also messy and so was the bathroom

Kim Gramling Sep 19, 2018

The restaurant is totally filthy from the floor to the restrooms at the Cordova, Memphis tn location. The floors are very dirty and I almost slipped. The floors look like they haven't been mopped in a while. The restrooms had trash overflowing and the toilets had toilet paper all over the floor.

Danielle Dostall Sep 19, 2018

Hi,
    I just left the steak N Shake in Tampa Fl. off Dale Maybry. I've never been so disappointed with fast food in my life! Not only we're our fries cold but our burgers were cold and our buns were hard. Steak N shake has never let me down so much in my entire life! It's apparent that this food is old and we will never attend this location again.

• Te
    Terresa Renae Sep 19, 2018

I am trying to request a steak and shake in Shepherdsville ky! We are really growing up and getting a lot of new restaurant. We would love a steak and shake by us. Please take the time to consider my request. And I would love to hear back from you! Sincerely Terresa Spaulding My email is [email protected]

• Cy
    Cyn Save Sep 19, 2018

I have always come to steak and shake for the amazing (real) banana shakes. They are my favorite! However I stopped in today for a special treat, ordered my favorite, and got a shake mixed with sugary, yellow goo- instead of real bananas. It was disgusting! I was so disappointed, as I was already too far away to turn back. What gives?

Mikaela Grady Sep 19, 2018

Hello. I was in Wednesday's for a job interview.. She said she'd call me Thursday-Friday... still haven't heard anything. Really would like to know if I got the job??

• Ji
    Jimmy Bryant Oct 02, 2018

Employee told another employee she was going to take her ass outside and beat her ass if she didn't get what she asked for right then employee was only person doing both dine in and drive thru because she was doing another order at the time expected it 1 to stop and do as she demanded

Sam Calabrase Oct 02, 2018

I placed an online breakfast order today. I arrived at my pick up time and I was the only one there. I was told to pull up because they weren't done with my order and they were cleaning and forgot. I went and parked for about 20 mins. Eventually I went inside the store to receive my food. I get home and my pancakes are completely burnt.

Johndavid57 Oct 15, 2018

I went to the one in Columbus GA to receive my birthday shake and eclub anniversary meal and the told me that they did not honor these in this location. I'm very disappointed that I received these free items and not able to get them. I will not ever go to one of your locations ever and I will let everyone know how I was treated.

Melonie Marshall

• Ed
    Eddie Shumaker Oct 15, 2018

I was waiting next up to order for a solid 5 minutes, then after ordering waited over 15 more minutes for my food. Customer service was poor and pushy. The food was good except for the fries which were Lukewarm borderline cold.

• Dr
    Dru Canter Oct 15, 2018

I ordered a 2 PLAIN hamburgers, a fry and a drink and get home to find I have got 2 cheese burgers plain. So now I just got to eat the Fry.

Beth Corbett Rooks Oct 15, 2018

2775 Herman darlage dr Columbus Indiana you need to check this location there was a lot food and trash in the booth seating and the floors are table tops really dirty and that was in the morning the staff was polite but took almost an hour to recieve our order

• Bi
    Bill_goodman Oct 15, 2018

The drive thru is closed every night at the store on emerson avenue and the manager always says that the shake machine is down for cleaning or dining is close and only doing carry out orders when I call and ask the manager name they said marveen I feel that this is poor customer service and something should be done thanks Bill

• Ti
    Tim Howe Oct 15, 2018

Was refused service from drive through and was told to fuck off as 3 employees sat outside

• Je
    Jennifer Goldman Tournear Oct 15, 2018

We ate in at Steak 'n Shake in Quincy tonight just for milkshakes. We had horrible service and the store was filthy. Not only was our order messed up, we had to watch the manager sit at the bar all night with her crack hanging out. Horrible experience!

• Ve
    Very Annoyed123 Oct 16, 2018

I have been to steak and shake several times and every time I order a kit kat shake they are out. I am very frustrated about this. I just wanted to voice my opinion about this. We eat her often and are loyal customers.

• Th
    [email protected] Oct 21, 2018

This picture was taken Friday, July 28th.

• Tr
    Travis Pilkington Oct 21, 2018

The whole place is dirty. The floors benches everything. House fly are all over as well.

kenneth83 Oct 21, 2018

was at Steak n Shake yesterday two managers were at the counter it took like 15 or 20 minutes before anyone even came up to even try to take our order and two managers were at the counter

Dakota Keating Oct 21, 2018

I visited the drive thru and ordered two shakes. One of shakes received a cherry while the other did not. Our service was not friendly and I was disappointed because I did not receive a cherry or extra cookie dough as I requested.

• Kc
    Kcuster Oct 21, 2018

My husband will be celebrating his 40th birthday next month. I was hoping u could help me out by sending some coupons or gift cards that would allow is to celebrate in your restaurant. We love steak and shake.

Andi M Oct 21, 2018

This worker scratched her head and then proceeded to work without washing her hands. She complained about people being in the restaurant. She is not personable worker. SHE SHOULD BE FIRED, SHE IS NASTY!!!

Shsearcy Oct 21, 2018

Tonight when I recived my food, everything was cold. The burger was cold, the cheese wasn't melted at all and the fries were absolutely disgusting. I am very very disappointed because Steak n Shake has been my favorite place to eat. I am very displeased with this.

• Je
    Jessie Charleston Oct 22, 2018

Every time I go to this establishment they seem to short me of my food every time every time I order fries they never give me an adequate amount that deserves to be in the box instead I have a smaller quantity then what I should have I spend good money with you guys .

• St
    Steve Benko Oct 22, 2018

We went to the Fleming Island, Florida location Monday evening. Two employees were on their cell phones sitting at the counter. Neither one bothered to look up while we waited. Eventually, someone from the back seated us.

• Wi
    William Bumpers Oct 22, 2018

To whomever it may concern
    My child Brittney Johnson was verbally threatened by a manager at the fairly new Pooler Georgia property when we called the owner and manager about the situation we were told that there was nothing that could be done about the situation this is my contact number is 1912 401 6272

Candycane513 Oct 22, 2018

Had a server that was very rude and had to keep asking for the same thing over and over again she kept playing on her phone and was rude and she messed the order up the name tag said Stevie it was a girl I will never come back

Robertward21 Oct 22, 2018

This is my second complaint about the same issue. It's been 30 days. I was given a broken cup and spilled a milkshake all over my new car. Please respond to discuss reciprocity.

Anisha Davenport Oct 22, 2018

I don't really have a complaint but more of a suggestion. I think if you have an app, which you do I use it. I think your coupons should be on the app as well. We use our phones for everything now and to have to remember a piece of paper is just silly.

Angela F01 Oct 23, 2018

Waited in line for 15 mins for cold fries half way filled up and a western bbq with barely any bbq sauce. I drove all the way across town to eat here and sadly to say I won't do it again anytime soon.

Greentab307 Oct 23, 2018

Once I received my chicken tenders I was very disappointed. I can only eat this one item on your menu too. The majority of the tenders I got were SO small they were the size of my dipping sauce. Which isn't the standard obviously. I was left hungry, wasted time and out 5$ for nothing. Y'all should do better then this.

• Br
    Brandyatkins Oct 27, 2018

Waited thirty minutes to be seated. Took 45 minutes to even order drinks or ask what we wanted to order. The liberty, mo steak n shake wasn't busy only six tables while we was waiting n they had all the food already n everything. I will not come back if u can't seem to fix the problem. Nobody waits that long to serve u exspecially when they r dead

• Em
    Emily Baker Oct 27, 2018

Is always rude to customers when they are sitting at the bar and takes forever to get there food out. Talks on his phone while he is at work and lets non workers go back to the managers office.
    Xoxo
    Anonymous

• Ju
    june01bug Oct 27, 2018

Being from out of state I had never visited a steak and shake before. I was looking to I get something at the airport before my flight, but the cashier was very rude. She seemed angry that she was having to do her job and make a milkshake. Not very good customer service.

Jan Staricha Oct 28, 2018

I read that a west forth worth police office wasbon his way to work in uniform and was unable to be served .
    I would like a response to this please
    I enjoy the food and ambiance of steak and shake but would never again enter a building if police officers were not well treated
    Jan Staricha

Melissa Carter 1988 Oct 28, 2018

I ordered food from the South Euclid location on Warrensville road. I had two orders of Parmesan fries but they were plain. I also ordered a guacamole burger which barely had any on it and was missing the mayo. I didn't realize it until I got home and was unable to return to have it fixed

Caren Colar Oct 31, 2018

Waited over 1 hour 1/2 for food . drive through. Young man then had to redo order .giving our order out. Got cold food, paid over 18.00 . went home call steak shake customer service said they would send something in mail for me. Gave them information ..they needed never heard from steak and shake again.

• Ka
    KaRissa Burgess Nov 01, 2018

Staff standing around waited 20 minutes just to get a drink! Waitress running business out by standing around complaining she's the only waitress. Very very poor service!!!

• Ga
    Gail Von holle Nov 01, 2018

Boy and girl in parking lot making out. He had his hands in her pants. They came back to work. Boy on grill, flipping burgers without washing hands. I left immediately!! Never will return. I was a regular customer. 6 or more times a week. I am 78 years old and owned an A & W in my younger days

• Pa
    patches017 Nov 04, 2018

I ordered a carryout order at store 524 at 6:26 pm on April 3 2017. It took the staff full half hour to complete my order. It was cold tasted terrible. There was no staff to run the store. Your staff did not give a damn about the people waiting. The store also closed down the drive thru.

james bowlby Nov 05, 2018

it took 20 min, before seating there was 15 dirty tables setting around it took another 20 min, before taking my order my shake was brought to me after my meal was thru the waitress spent most of the time talking to each other

• Hi
    Hicks Ashley Nov 11, 2018

I went steak and shake today. At 12:51 am. Me and my mom shake was good. But my sister shake was nasty ass hell. Taste like cigarettes. So we call them. Told them her shake was Nasty. Manager Tony, act like he didn't want replace it. He beat around the boot. Make so bad nobody didnt want drink it. So she end up pour it out. Waste her 4.00 dollars.

• Gl
    Glenn hess Nov 11, 2018

I ordered a triple steakburger with lettuce tomatoes and manaise
    When I got home I had a bun with three plain burgers
    No cheese or condiments

• Gi
    Gizelle Heath Nov 12, 2018

I purchased 2 milkshakes one classic size at 2.99 and one smaller size at 2.89. This is the biggest rip off. If the waitress had explained a dime difference I would have bought the classic size. The only solution stated to me as a solution is to come into the establishment between 2 pm and 5 pm for half off milkshakes.

• Bj
    bjt123 Nov 13, 2018

I have only made this complaint two previous times. Your customer service sucks just like the people who screw customers over. I will never support operation like t his. Will only bad mouth you every chance I get.

Please refund my money I spent and void out the card.

Carol Dennison Nov 20, 2018

Order #581666-The patty melt bread was folded in half not even on the burger and onion rings were soggy and greasy. This was digesting. Poor food service.

• 67
    674 Dec 11, 2018

I went to your Merritt Island, Florida Steak and Shake tonight, November 22, 2018. Wanted to order 2 Turkey club sandwich's, was told you don't have them anymore. WHY???😡not happy.
    I love them . I hope you bring them back.

I was told I had to have a minimum of 350ch so here goes...WTH

Debbie Haas Dec 12, 2018

Brought family in from out of town as we love steak and shake. However The floors were absolutely disgusting. Black built up grease, old food and overall lack of cleanliness. Not just in small places, the entire floor! It sure made us wonder how the kitchen area kept. I would expect probably just as gross.

Sherry Rinehart Dec 12, 2018

This location is filthy & manager doesn't care about customers. I ordered 4 shakes & they were like water after 25 minutewait. I complained & told manager made them & said to tell us he make shakes not blizzards. Have always had nice thick shake. That's why I go there. Manager very arrogant & cost customers. Store #279 look at Nov 18 inspection.

Kiykiy Dec 12, 2018

This is Kiy. I lost my pay card, so could you please cancel that card and send me a new one? I know how much is on the card too, so hopefully all the money will be on that card. Thank you!

• Cb
    cbenson89 Dec 13, 2018

I went to stake and shake in Davenport IA on Kimberly I ordered a chicken sandwich and I guess they took it out too soon cause it tasted like rubber I didn't even finish it so I basically wasted my money on a meal

De Villiers Viljoen Jan 05, 2019

I am a tourist visiting from South Africa. There was no service. We waited 40 min for our food. When we received our food, it was cold. There was no ice cream, chili and coleslaw. The shop was dirty. I will NEVER recommend this shop to anyone.

John Broadhead Jan 05, 2019

Contact me at 972-306-4323 res# or Cell 214-912-0176 John Broadhead This was paid for on 5/31/18 Denied at store #592 on 12-16-18 Order #750126

• Is
    IsabellaKozlowski Jan 06, 2019

i ordered chicken fingers and didn't get my chicken fingers. aside from that your employees were very rude and had already forgotten other things in our order. we also sat at the drive thru for over 10 minutes for our food. i'm not happy. i would just like some kind of compensation for not receiving food i payed for.

• Is
    Isabel Velasquez Jan 22, 2019

Out Drive tru took over 25 mins. There was 3 cars behind us. The drive thru guy told us our bag caught on fire after about 7 mins. I don't know how a bag catches on fire??? Then after we sat there for another 15-20 mins we got our food. Then Asked to speak to a manger. Manager was rude and then said "my name is Kevin, go ahead I don't care".

La'Keisha Williams Jan 22, 2019

I called the corporate office concerning a call back . Regarding a franchise no one has never called me back. Should I assume you allow your staff to rob the customers? Also practice harmful food preparation?

samantha78 Jan 23, 2019

very hostile work environment with managers in one of your francised stores...

• Po
    Portabello Jan 23, 2019

My husband loved your chilli, but the last 4 times it has been very watery. Otherwise Steakn Shake is great. We always go to the restaurant on Rt 19 in Port Richey, Florida. The associates are so friendly and the burgers are great. I just wish the french fries were thicker. Thank you

annlucas Feb 11, 2019

This popped up on my feed today and I'm disgusted. I don't really need to give a description because you can read the post. Seriously your employing those lazy ass boys! Get it together Steak and shake!
    Ann Lucas

Rachael Elias Feb 11, 2019

Everything we ordered was wrong didn't realize till we got home now the store won't answer there is never a manager available to speak to the food wasn't even cooked all the way and was cold I'm very disappointed and basically just threw $25 away by getting food from there location

• Am
    Amy21016 Feb 11, 2019

Food was cold and it looked like someone had stomped on it with their foot. It was absolutely terrible. I asked for no ice in my drink and I got ice. We also received someone else's order. Not impressed at all. It all sucked.

• Ho
    Holly Wattie Feb 12, 2019

Des.tiny Feb 25, 2019

Fris was empty and did not even taste right had black speckles all over them. I have never seen that at steak n shake

Christine A. Rogers Feb 25, 2019

I'm sure if we've experienced as many problems at this location that we're not alone. Orders are not right at all. We are already home when we realize they gave us incorrect order...maybe someone elses. I would'nt complain if this was the first time, but it has been numerous!
    -Christine Rogers
    [email protected]
    (404) 906-8115

• Co
    Conway Perkins Mar 03, 2019

I just want to compliment the waitress that served my lunch to me. Her name is Elizabeth G. and I thought that she was very nice and professional.
    It's rare these days to come to a restaurant like this and be treated like a person and not just a customer.
    I will recommend this Steak N Shake to my friends.
    - Vincent
    2/20/19 TBl 33 PTY 1

Lilly7634747474 Apr 07, 2019

I paid almost $20 and waited in line for 15 minutes after I ordered a Frisco melt with 2 milkshakes. My fries were stale. My Frisco melt was NOT melted nor was the bread even toasted. It was a soggy sandwich. I am infuriated. I bitch just wanna eat yummy food

• Sw
    Sweetygyrl12 Apr 16, 2019

We were visiting from out of town- when we ordered our food, we were told we could purchase a shake because they were short staffed. It is not the customer's fault that staff did not show up to work. I feel we should have received a discount or something providing shakes were the main reason why we came here. 04/07/19 1:42pm

Debra Hartke Apr 27, 2019

Around 4 pm today, Steak n Shake on Clyde Park in Wyoming MI
    Fries were cold while waiting for shakes, gave Linda a another order warm.
    Shakes were good but took 10 mins. Burger came out with fries first. Lettuce was terrible, won't be ordering burger there again.

• Ce
    Cece95 Apr 27, 2019

I ordered two of the 4 for under $4. I only received 3 items. I also ordered to chili 5 ways which were half full. Spaghetti is cheap I expect the containers to be full.

King Cory Apr 30, 2019

Waited over 25 minutes eventually gave up

chandlerjade May 05, 2019

my burger was undercooked, and i ordered 2 doubles and they gave me 2 singles and still charged me with 2 doubles. i will never eat at steak and shake again. the fries were soggy and not cooked all the way and definitely had no flavor. first and last time i will eat at steak ‘n shake. HORRIBLE

• 12
    12jenc7383 May 06, 2019

Every steak ‘n shake i've been to has ALWAYS sheen understaffed. This company need to employ MORE people. There is 1 waiter here right night that has 15 tables and there is still people waiting to be seated.

MisMissy May 11, 2019

After waiting for over an hour in drive thru and not getting everything I will not be back. Worst service ever!! At least hire some help for the two people you have cooking!!

Jazzyk May 12, 2019

Arrived at 945. No lights on drive thru. Waited 5 mins no one answered. I said hello. Gentleman said we are unloading the truck so u will have to wait 10 or 15 mins until we get done. I think this is a disgrace and I would like to be contacted regarding my visit.

Rosa vega May 14, 2019

My food was great👍🏾 also nice waitresses.Briazah.H she was very nice she had no addittude

• Ni
    Nina Marinelli May 21, 2019

I placed a order for a triple steak burger meal and a footlong hot dog. Was told they didn't sell footlong's anymore, I asked for the regular one. Drive home and found out they gave me the wrong order! I drove back and they exchanged it for my order that had been sitting on the counter the whole time. At that point the food was cold and inedible.

Devena Clarke May 22, 2019

South Blvd Charlotte nc server was rude and taking her sweet time while 2 people got serve in front of me. Also put dirty silverware on the dirty table very UNSANITARY

• Ba
    Bas97 Jun 02, 2019

I bought too hotdogs and fries with a side of cheese sauce got back to work with no fries

TaylorAnn Jun 08, 2019

I went to Steak ‘n Shake last night . I ordered through the drive thru and i waited 25 minutes to receive my order, and it was wrong . I order A double bacon cheeseburger and recieved no bacon . I am Unhappy because i had to wait an extremely long time just to receive the wrong order.

• Go
    Gonzalo123 Jun 16, 2019

The food is delicious. Its just that the floor ar dirty and the smell here is very unpleasnt. Its it nice to eat that way. And also the service is very very slow.

Caroline. Jun 19, 2019

this place is ridiculous as hell. no one has the TIME to sit in a damn drive through for 40 minutes... it's SUPPOSED to be simple and easy and its a headache to even try. RIDICULOUS

Grumps Suck Jun 25, 2019

I had a faulty order and service and couldn't get a replacement for my family and I bc the location shut down/closed. We are Mr and Mrs Fournier and our email is [email protected] We hope for resolution... Replacement of order. Thank You.

Daphnee Cadet Jun 26, 2019

When I turned on the light my burger was completely raw pink. I haven't felt good can't eat and been having stomach aches .

Mira Jackson Jun 29, 2019

Went to order online, but unable to buy anything because I could not use my gift card.

• Se
    Seth-sasser92 Jul 20, 2019

Walked in
    Ordered a milkshake
    Took over 30 minutes
    Still never got my order
    Asked to get a refund
    And there was little to no regards from anyone for what happened
    Poor service all the way around
    But somehow
    Someone who ordered after me
    Got 3 bags of good and 4 drinks
    All before me
    Which is rediculous
    When I only ordered one milk shake

Superman2019 Jul 27, 2019

The app for steak n shake DOES NOT HAVE DALTON, GEORGIA location to place order over your smart phone or tablet. PLEASE FIX THIS ON YOUR APP. The service for Dalton, ga. Location to me is great. Food is great.

• Ba
    BarryNobbeyForPresident Aug 05, 2019

This is NOT a complaint. I can't find where to contact the company to tell them what an exceptional job their employee did. Barry Nobbey did an INCREDIBLE job please contact me to learn more because I want him to get a raise for how well he treated me and my friends when we were in the store.

• Va
    VanSickle Aug 05, 2019

Got 2 shakes yesterday and one was a strawberry shake with No strawberries. The 2nd was a dark chocolate one. Both showed vanilla shakes with stuff added. The chocolate shake was terrible tasted like chocolate syrup no chocolate chunks at a a few chocolate chips on top is all.

• Se
    seth spaulding Aug 06, 2019

You guys have amazing food and prices can you guys please open a steak and shake in Versailles, Kentucky. It takes 30mins for me to get to the nearest steak and shake and I would
    Be very happy if you guys open one up in my hometown and make it a lot faster to get there.

Lisab84 Aug 13, 2019

i went thru drive thru around midnight after spending the evening in er, I was very disappointed. I ordered a 3 pc chicken with fries we got a 2pc chicken and fries, dlb bacon burger only mayo and ketchup we got a single burger with cheese and mayo and ketchup, and a dlb steak burger 4/4 woth fries n slaw got no slaw and cookie was hard as a rock.

Madison2102 Aug 24, 2019

This was in my chicken. here I am providing a picture of the chicken and the receipt. I want a refund. Very disgusted. I AM NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN. SO GROSS.

Daniellloud Aug 24, 2019

I spent 30 minutes waiting on 5 shakes it was ridiculous!!!

Larry Speakman Aug 25, 2019

The Grovecity store is always closed at night when I stop but it says open 24 hours. I stopef there a few weeks back to find note on door di ing roo. Closed at 10pm and again today dining room was closed and it was only 1030pm

Beverly Wipert Sep 02, 2019

My husband and I went to Steak & Shake for breakfast. He ordered sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs. I ordered eggs, bacon and pancakes. When our meals came all the food was cold. No one came by to check. When I told the cashier about it nothing was done.

Nonya. Sep 02, 2019

I pulled into the Sedalia mo location at 7:15, I only have 30 min for lunch. I was asked to pull off to the side at 7:35 to wait. I only got chicken strips and a shake. A car of 4 people were behind me and left before I did. I was finally able to leave (and be late back to work) at 7:45. Guess I won't be coming back if it's going to take this long

• Vb
    V.Bell Sep 15, 2019

I am sitting in this Steak and Shake STILL waiting for my food. Been waiting over 30 minutes while others that were here after me have eaten and gone.

Was here 2 weeks ago and all tables were empty of people, but full of dirty dishes. Never did get seated so we left and went to Arby's.

This place needs help!!!

Sue Pridemore Sep 25, 2019

Advertises a frosty glass and thick. Was neither in glass or thick

• Dr
    Dre Robinson Oct 07, 2019

It was my sons birthday and we had an amazing time first time here and our server Gabby was Awsome Great addituide and fast service

Annee11 Oct 07, 2019

Rachael Jones (Nichole on Facebook) kept insulting and harassing my friend, and then told me to fight her EVEN THOUGH SHE IS PREGNANT. And then threatened to beat my friend up again after already doing so. If this is the type of people you hire, that's disgusting.

• Rc
    R. Crowell Oct 10, 2019

Recently have experienced long delays in drive thru after placing order resulting in cold food upon delivery. Have frequented this restaurant over several years and service has been good, but recently during nighttime hours have experienced unusually slow service

MACKLER68 Oct 27, 2019

I am very upset because I was there at 11 pm on Saturday the 19. And the staff was bitching at each other. Then they left the other Server all alone
    She was doing her best. I do not know her name but she was doing a great job. You need to get the poor girl some help. Steak and shake is going down hill. And the bathroom need to be clean more.

• Fi
    Fishoftennessee Oct 27, 2019

Ordered food waited 45 minutes and no food. This is uncalled for. Was not busy. Tables not cleared messy and unkept. Very disappointed. First time and will be my last visit. Such a shame.

Doris Fish
    [email protected]
    423-747-2463

Shyanne1994 Oct 29, 2019

I ordered 2 portabella and Swiss sandwiches and I got 2 garlic burgers instead.

Shanda runkle Nov 02, 2019

I was at steak and shake in mt Vernon Illinois 62864 on Friday evening With my 6 year old and my husband. First off the manager was on the phone and arguing and cussing at someone. Then the waitresses were behind the counter talking about it and cussing as well as my child was hearing it all! And My burger wasn't fully cooked! I was NOT impressed

• Ea
    Eatingelsewhere Nov 02, 2019

They were not that busy. At least 5 tables were not bused. Hostess cursed when we told him no one had come to take or order. Waited 30 minutes for food. A table of 3 near us left because no body waited on them. Never again!

Deb8157 Nov 09, 2019

Discontinued veggie soup and utensils unless asked. Vegetable soup nutritious and lower calories than chili

• Tw
    twothings Nov 25, 2019

This burger does not at all look like the one on the sign or the ones on the commercials. Very annoyed!

Beth Skaggs Dec 14, 2019

Ordered Chili Mac Supreme...came out looking like dog food piled on top. Had to ask for the other elements of the dish. Asked for silverware to eat our food and was given plastic utensils. Ordered a Chili Cheese Steakdog and Cheese fries...it looked like a pile of dog food on the entire plate.

Sabrista Johnson Jan 12, 2020

The manager was very rude. The cashier mistakenly gave me a shake. The manger walked out the door and retrieved the shake. According to the health department a company is not allowed to sell items after another customer touch it. The manager was real rude. My son chicken fingers was cold and my burger wasn't fixed correctly.

• Na
    Natasha w Feb 01, 2020

I ordered a shake and tasted it before I left the store. I asked the woman who handed me the shake if it was the correct one I ordered because it didn't taste like what I ordered. She straight up lied to my face saying that she did give me what I ordered when she gave me the incorrect milkshake.

Robert Sellmansberger Feb 16, 2020

Stop sending my family ads in the mail. There's only one location in my area and it's too far to drive. Thanks!