Menu

Steak 'n Shake review: poor service and food

Author of the complaint
12:00 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at steak n shake twice this week, the first time the waitress forgot several things,we had to remind her. The first time I went with my brother and nephew who were from out of town and I had bragged about steak n shake how good the food was.

This time it was disappointing we ordered the taco salad it was mostly lettuce and they had no salsa or sour cream, they did however have taco sauce, there was little meat or beans. The next time we went to have milk shakes and my brother a burger and tea. My milkshake was not cold and my brother's tea was sour he drank it and didn't say anything then we got one to go and he said it tasted funny and it was sour,they took off the tea. I didn't say anything about the shake. I did mention to the manager about the taco salad and he said it was in the corporates hands but they didn't do any thing to make up for it. I go to steak n shake 2 times a week and get tea for work or soda and sometimes milkshakes for the girls at work,but if this keeps up I may reconsider. There burgers are great but they could improve on service and taco salad, and tea and make sure the milkshakes are cold not warm. This steak n shake it in port charlotte fl on eljobean rd by the town center mall.

218 comments
Y
Jun 01, 2022 3:12 pm EDT

This is the last and final time we will ever go to this place! For the Love of God-people are looking for work and you fools have taken away jobs. No servers, just some foolish kiosk to order from. Got the order wrong, the tables were a mess, the floor had garbage all over it. Can only use credit or debit card. I will never recommend this place to anyone. It's no wonder at all why your closing stores; there were only 3 couples in the whole place, I have never seen it so empty and YES we have been there are various times and days. I'm talking about the location at 1251 Strongbow Drive in Valparaiso Indiana. You should really be ashamed of this service.

R
Feb 16, 2020 4:59 am EST

Stop sending my family ads in the mail. There's only one location in my area and it's too far to drive. Thanks!

N
Feb 01, 2020 7:34 pm EST

I ordered a shake and tasted it before I left the store. I asked the woman who handed me the shake if it was the correct one I ordered because it didn't taste like what I ordered. She straight up lied to my face saying that she did give me what I ordered when she gave me the incorrect milkshake.

Jan 12, 2020 1:10 am EST

The manager was very rude. The cashier mistakenly gave me a shake. The manger walked out the door and retrieved the shake. According to the health department a company is not allowed to sell items after another customer touch it. The manager was real rude. My son chicken fingers was cold and my burger wasn't fixed correctly.

Dec 14, 2019 1:54 pm EST

Ordered Chili Mac Supreme...came out looking like dog food piled on top. Had to ask for the other elements of the dish. Asked for silverware to eat our food and was given plastic utensils. Ordered a Chili Cheese Steakdog and Cheese fries...it looked like a pile of dog food on the entire plate.

T
Nov 25, 2019 2:59 pm EST

This burger does not at all look like the one on the sign or the ones on the commercials. Very annoyed!

Nov 09, 2019 8:40 am EST

Discontinued veggie soup and utensils unless asked. Vegetable soup nutritious and lower calories than chili

E
Nov 02, 2019 9:14 pm EDT

They were not that busy. At least 5 tables were not bused. Hostess cursed when we told him no one had come to take or order. Waited 30 minutes for food. A table of 3 near us left because no body waited on them. Never again!

Nov 02, 2019 8:05 am EDT

I was at steak and shake in mt Vernon Illinois 62864 on Friday evening With my 6 year old and my husband. First off the manager was on the phone and arguing and cussing at someone. Then the waitresses were behind the counter talking about it and cussing as well as my child was hearing it all! And My burger wasn't fully cooked! I was NOT impressed

Oct 29, 2019 2:53 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered 2 portabella and Swiss sandwiches and I got 2 garlic burgers instead.

Oct 27, 2019 3:38 am EDT

I am very upset because I was there at 11 pm on Saturday the 19. And the staff was [censored]ing at each other. Then they left the other Server all alone
She was doing her best. I do not know her name but she was doing a great job. You need to get the poor girl some help. Steak and shake is going down hill. And the bathroom need to be clean more.

F
Oct 27, 2019 5:15 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ordered food waited 45 minutes and no food. This is uncalled for. Was not busy. Tables not cleared messy and unkept. Very disappointed. First time and will be my last visit. Such a shame.

Doris Fish
tndoris2003@yahoo.com
[protected]

R
Oct 10, 2019 3:45 am EDT

Recently have experienced long delays in drive thru after placing order resulting in cold food upon delivery. Have frequented this restaurant over several years and service has been good, but recently during nighttime hours have experienced unusually slow service

Oct 07, 2019 8:31 am EDT

It was my sons birthday and we had an amazing time first time here and our server Gabby was Awsome Great addituide and fast service

A
Oct 07, 2019 2:09 pm EDT

Rachael Jones (Nichole on Facebook) kept insulting and harassing my friend, and then told me to fight her EVEN THOUGH SHE IS PREGNANT. And then threatened to beat my friend up again after already doing so. If this is the type of people you hire, that's disgusting.

Sep 30, 2019 5:30 pm EDT

First time here Great service will be back next week Thank you Gabby.

Sep 30, 2019 5:32 pm EDT

Fast food fast service great shakes server was A young lady name Gabi

Sep 25, 2019 2:51 am EDT

Advertises a frosty glass and thick. Was neither in glass or thick

V
Sep 15, 2019 11:21 am EDT

I am sitting in this Steak and Shake STILL waiting for my food. Been waiting over 30 minutes while others that were here after me have eaten and gone.

Was here 2 weeks ago and all tables were empty of people, but full of dirty dishes. Never did get seated so we left and went to Arby's.

This place needs help!

Sep 02, 2019 3:17 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My husband and I went to Steak & Shake for breakfast. He ordered sausage gravy, biscuits and eggs. I ordered eggs, bacon and pancakes. When our meals came all the food was cold. No one came by to check. When I told the cashier about it nothing was done.

N
Sep 02, 2019 11:32 pm EDT

I pulled into the Sedalia mo location at 7:15, I only have 30 min for lunch. I was asked to pull off to the side at 7:35 to wait. I only got chicken strips and a shake. A car of 4 people were behind me and left before I did. I was finally able to leave (and be late back to work) at 7:45. Guess I won't be coming back if it's going to take this long

Aug 27, 2019 6:08 pm EDT

poor food temperature

Aug 24, 2019 3:12 pm EDT

I spent 30 minutes waiting on 5 shakes it was ridiculous!

Aug 24, 2019 8:54 am EDT

This was in my chicken. here I am providing a picture of the chicken and the receipt. I want a refund. Very disgusted. I AM NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN. SO GROSS.

L
Aug 25, 2019 1:33 am EDT

The Grovecity store is always closed at night when I stop but it says open 24 hours. I stopef there a few weeks back to find note on door di ing roo. Closed at 10pm and again today dining room was closed and it was only 1030pm

L
Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i went thru drive thru around midnight after spending the evening in er, I was very disappointed. I ordered a 3 pc chicken with fries we got a 2pc chicken and fries, dlb bacon burger only mayo and ketchup we got a single burger with cheese and mayo and ketchup, and a dlb steak burger 4/4 woth fries n slaw got no slaw and cookie was hard as a rock.

Aug 06, 2019 9:14 pm EDT

You guys have amazing food and prices can you guys please open a steak and shake in Versailles, Kentucky. It takes 30mins for me to get to the nearest steak and shake and I would
Be very happy if you guys open one up in my hometown and make it a lot faster to get there.

Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am EDT

This is NOT a complaint. I can't find where to contact the company to tell them what an exceptional job their employee did. Barry Nobbey did an INCREDIBLE job please contact me to learn more because I want him to get a raise for how well he treated me and my friends when we were in the store.

V
Aug 05, 2019 8:58 am EDT

Got 2 shakes yesterday and one was a strawberry shake with No strawberries. The 2nd was a dark chocolate one. Both showed vanilla shakes with stuff added. The chocolate shake was terrible tasted like chocolate syrup no chocolate chunks at a a few chocolate chips on top is all.

Jul 27, 2019 11:15 am EDT

The app for steak n shake DOES NOT HAVE DALTON, GEORGIA location to place order over your smart phone or tablet. PLEASE FIX THIS ON YOUR APP. The service for Dalton, ga. Location to me is great. Food is great.

Jul 20, 2019 1:05 pm EDT

Walked in
Ordered a milkshake
Took over 30 minutes
Still never got my order
Asked to get a refund
And there was little to no regards from anyone for what happened
Poor service all the way around
But somehow
Someone who ordered after me
Got 3 bags of good and 4 drinks
All before me
Which is rediculous
When I only ordered one milk shake

Jul 14, 2019 12:41 am EDT

Lady behind me ordered 3 huge bags of food

Jun 29, 2019 10:34 am EDT

Went to order online, but unable to buy anything because I could not use my gift card.

Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am EDT

When I turned on the light my burger was completely raw pink. I haven't felt good can't eat and been having stomach aches .

G
Jun 25, 2019 9:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had a faulty order and service and couldn't get a replacement for my family and I bc the location shut down/closed. We are Mr and Mrs Fournier and our email is leebeezkneez@gmail.com. We hope for resolution... Replacement of order. Thank You.

C
Jun 19, 2019 9:47 pm EDT

this place is ridiculous as hell. no one has the TIME to sit in a damn drive through for 40 minutes... it's SUPPOSED to be simple and easy and its a headache to even try. RIDICULOUS

G
Jun 16, 2019 1:10 am EDT

The food is delicious. Its just that the floor ar dirty and the smell here is very unpleasnt. Its it nice to eat that way. And also the service is very very slow.

T
Jun 08, 2019 12:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I went to Steak ‘n Shake last night . I ordered through the drive thru and i waited 25 minutes to receive my order, and it was wrong . I order A double bacon cheeseburger and recieved no bacon . I am Unhappy because i had to wait an extremely long time just to receive the wrong order.

Jun 02, 2019 12:56 am EDT

I bought too hotdogs and fries with a side of cheese sauce got back to work with no fries

May 22, 2019 6:39 am EDT

South Blvd Charlotte nc server was rude and taking her sweet time while 2 people got serve in front of me. Also put dirty silverware on the dirty table very UNSANITARY

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1697 complaints