Having problems with Steak 'n Shake?

Steak 'n Shake reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 29, 2006. The latest review Service and food was posted on Aug 7, 2021. The latest complaint bad service, wrong order was resolved on Apr 06, 2019. Steak 'n Shake has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1677 reviews. Steak 'n Shake has resolved 17 complaints.

Steak 'n Shake Customer Service Contacts

107 S Pennsylvania Street, Suite 400
Indianapolis, Michigan

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Steak 'n Shake Customer Service. Initial Steak 'n Shake complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Steak 'n Shake above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Steak 'n Shake. Discuss the issues you have had with Steak 'n Shake and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Steak 'n Shake Complaints & Reviews, Page 34

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesmeal! salad, double steak cheese burger

8/4/18 at 11:40 pm.
Drove an hour to get here on the way home from work I ordered a meal which I had a coupon for requested condiments on my double cheeseburger the gentleman in the window asked me what my condiments or that I would like on my burger, I said lettuce tomato pickle and mustard I received lettuce ketchup very little mustard no tomato I repeat no tomato, also I got a chocolate milkshake which came with the coupon which was only halfway filled in the Styrofoam cup the rest was all whip cream then talking about my salad I had to go back around asking request what all comes in a solid that was my side with my coupon and my other side where the french fries which were nearly warm in the salad there was a lettuce a few shriveled up pieces of purple cabbage and a shred of cheese very little cheese I may be a few little carrots so I came back to the window and told him OK I got I asked I requested for more cheese than I said I got no tomatoes on my salad he stated we're out of tomatoes but I guess if you really want them I can chop some up and put it in your salad so then I want around again he gave me a little plastic container of cheese and croutons which they didn't give me the first time around and also he took a piece of tomato and cut it up into three pieces and just threw it on top of my salad furthermore I didn't appreciate everybody outside smoking while I'm ordering my food and then they all go back inside I see not one person wash their hands I can see through the window that they got on the line that even washing their hands after smoking i'm professional staff and very filthy dirty atmosphere it's a shame my meal only cost 599 which included french fries and a burger and a salad as my side and a milkshake at all for items that I got were wrong and not even made correctly and that I had to go around and request the items that should've came in my bag and all my sandwich and he put catchup on it and I didn't request catch up I don't know what's so hard about making a simple mills that you serve.

Steak 'n Shake Enterpriseshamberger

I visited the steak and shake in Tampa on Fowler ave.It wasn't that busy and food came pretty quick.
    My first Berger was mushroom swiss.l took one bite and it was terrible, l think the mushrooms were bad left awful taste in my mouth.Sent it back, my friend ordered a single Berger and when she got here's it was fried so crisp that the ends were crunchy and it was so thin you could hardly tell it was even there.Somy question is why do you show these juice thick Berger 2 for 3 when it's a false advertisements

Steak and Shake Palm Coast Floridacleanliness

Bench seats had crumbs in the seams. Looked like build up of weeks. Gap in back of bench seat had trash, food and food collected in it.
      Ladies restroom was beyond dirty. Manager was receptive to hearing this info. Mentioned this was night shift not cleaning properly. However, this accumulation is more than on shift. Appears store needs a general manager to make spot checks on this location. Having a clean facility should be a priority.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesoverall service

My family and I visited Steak n Shake in Lebanon, IN August 2nd around 8pm and it was fairly busy but not too bad! However, this not what I am complaining about! My family and I were very patient and waited almost 45 min to receive our food! My husband and I both ordered the new Texas BBQ prime steakburger! You would think after 45 min we would've received sandwiches that were fully cooked! My sandwich was completely raw in the middle! My husband, however, was able to enjoy the same steakburger fully cooked! The waiter asked if I would like another sandwich or just remove it from our bill! I kindly said I would rather you just take it off! In all honesty I didn't want to potentially have to wait another 45 min just for a sandwich! I am not one to usually complain but this was a little ridiculous! I don't even know if the waiter told the manager that the burger wasn't cooked!

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesfood and drink order

I called in an order at S n S in Trinity, FL; order #101278. The date was 8/2/2018 after 2 PM. It was very busy inside and out, so I picked my order up at the register. No one addressed me for several minutes, then a new young lady (Jodie?) acknowledged I was there and came behind the counter to help me. It was her 1st day and she was following another waitress for training. My order was not ready and when it was I asked to make sure the fries were hot, so I could eat them on the way to work. I was assured they were, but they were only warm, so I had to wait for fresh ones. The card reader would not read my gift card number, so the cashier had to read the number to me, so I could enter it myself. Rather strange. While waiting, another customer came up to get his order he put in on the S n S app. It was not there, so he had to wait until they put it in and fixed his order. Once I received my order and returned to my vehicle, I realized I had not gotten my milkshake I ordered, so I returned the counter. I placed the order again and reminded the lady it was without any cherries. My shake came with 3 cherries. I know she was trying to make up for the mistake, so I just asked her to remove them, which she did, but left a big hole scooped out of the whip cream. My thoughts were she should of replaced the whip cream, if not, but to make the product more presentable. By the time I did make it back to my vehicle, my fries were cold. I had to laugh. Everyone was trying so hard to make things right, especially the trainee, so I decided I was not going to file a complaint, until I sat down to eat my chicken taco salad and it was beef. I've only been in FL for 2 yrs and this is the 1st time I've had a problem, except for the lukewarm fries. Actually in Indianapolis, I used to train waitresses for the dining room at S n S and worked for many years at 3 different ones. Don't be too hard on the staff there, but these things should not happen, especially so many of them. Thank you for your time.

Steak N Shakeservice

On 7/27/18 at 12am my party and I entered the restaurant on Pine Island Rd Cape Coral FL. After many stares, glares and being completely ignored by all staff including the manager, we left at 12:23am. We did not receive one word from any staff members and when eye contact was made it was quickly diverted from employee's . The manager was on grill, her name was Courtney and she too looked at us with total disregard. Upon leaving the restaurant the manager Courtney and a black male were outside arguing due to the black male being caught smoking marijuana. Both the manager and the black male argued loudly and basically cursed each other out.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises — false advertising

Location of incident: 2465 N. Dirksen pkwy. Springfield, IL. Zip:62702 As a frequent steak n shake visitor i...

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesbeing open

We try to go to steak and shake after work every night and recently they have there doors locked and nobody is seen inside. The steak n shake says it's open 24/7.we even tried the drive through and the lights on the drive through menu where turned off, meanwhile the lights inside where still on. I'd appreciate it if this steak n shake would fulfill there obligation to stay open 24/7

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesunable to serve food

Went to the drive thru on 8/2/18 at approximately 0130 AM to order food and the girl tells me that I can only order a milkshake due to the fact the grill cook didn't show up for work. So my complaint and question is if this place of business has any management isn't it there responsibility to handle issues like this even it means they have to work themselves or get someone else to cover in order to keep business going? Why would the store even remain open if you cant serve food therefore you aren't making any profit to cover your over head bills for that shift and pay that one employees payroll for her to only be able to serve milkshakes?

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesabsolutely terrible service

No one sat us at a table
                  Our drinks took just about half an hour to get out
                  2 of our meals came out and the last one came out at a different time
                  We asked for to go boxes and she brought us very small ones
                  We asked for to go drinks and she brought empty cups
                  We had to ask some other waiter to
                  Fill them up
                  We were waiting for our ticket and never got it
                  We finally went up to the cashier after two hours of waiting
                  We got up there and they told us to move over so they could help the people behind us
                  Then ended up waiting another 15 minuets just to pay
                  The manager obviously didn't know what he was supposed to do because it took a long time just to pay
                  Last night was ridiculous
                  We got there around 10:45 pm and didn't leave until about 12:30 am
                  I am highly frustrated.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises#1 combo and chicken strips

Hi I ordered a #1 combo and chicken strips. Normally I don't complain but everyone about my order was wrong. I got a burger with no cheese & grilled onions, fries, chicken strips with ranch. In the bag was a burger WITH cheese, regular raw onions, and NO ranch with my chicken strips. Since I can't eat cheese this was ridiculous. Being a manager in food & beverage this is completely unacceptable and honestly should be refunded or given credit towards hopefully a correct meal order.

#1 combo and chicken strips
                    #1 combo and chicken strips

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesdrive thru

Today I went to your location in Smyna, Georgia to go through the drive thru. Not only did it take them 30 minutes when there were only two cars in front of me, they got my order wrong twice, didn't give me everything I paid for, and didn't return my debit card to me. Now I have to go through my ban to cancel my debit card and wait a week to get a new one. I've never experienced a problem like this at any other location or any other restaurant.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesfood quality / service

Our order was very simple. 2 spicy chicken sandwiches, one with just ranch, and the other with just lettuce and mayo. Each was wrong, then when we requested another one due to the wrong order, we received no ‘sorry' whatsoever. This would be fine any other time, but we felt it was needed due to the poor communication and disrespectful tone the employees had towards us. On top of all that, the fries we received were cold. We love coming to Steak ‘n Shake with our families, but I don't think we will be going anytime soon due to this. The meals are $4.00 and our total came to $14. Where this extra charge came from is beyond me. We are severely disappointed and dissatisfied with not only the service, but the meal as well.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises — food and order

We went to a drive thru in sandusky. Store number 387 and both people who took the order and answered the...

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesservice

I can first commend the newly- hired waiter at the Coral Springs Steak Ana Shake in 441. The restaurant was very poorly kept, so much that I got one of the seemed to be managers attention to pick up the fries and trash pile that laid openly in a corner. Advising that female employee that the look was very bad to expect safe eating from the guest. She then thanked me and picked the trash up as more was forming and the trash can remained overflowing next to the pile. But there were many workers and lack of due care observed in this location. You need outsourced training it seems. This to get the employees in a restaurant and patronage mindset. This needs to change or lose more customers in the next year.

Steak 'n Shake Enterpriseshot fudge sundaes, cold fries and cold burger

We ordered food online, when I placed the order it said it'd be ready in 15 minutes. I was a few minutes late. I got there in 18 minutes from the time I placed the order. It took another 15 minutes before I received my order. I sat there for 20 minutes waiting. Then when I got home which is 4 minutes away from this location. My burger was ice cold! My fries were just as cold! One sundae had too much hot fudge the other had barely any! Very dissatisfied! Order #912166.

Steak 'n Shake Enterpriseslocation mt. zion, ky

My family just visited the Steak n Shake located at Mount Zion Kentucky. After we were seated, it took about 10 minutes before a server even approached our table. We were a table of 5 (with two hungry kids) - and after getting our drinks, we continued to wait for 45 minutes before our food was served. The bacon on my burger was almost black and the server forgot our condiment. We politely asked for honey mustard - and after 10 minutes, had already finished the meal. While we ate, no one ever acknowledged our table. They didn't ask if the food was ok. Or if we needed a refill. Each server (there were at least 4 of them), walked by our table time and time again - and not one of them smiled or even made eye contact. My husband saw that the cash register had cleared out, so he made a bee-line to the front so he could pay quickly and we could leave. He waited about 8 minutes before anyone approached him. We stopped at Steak n Shake because they typically serve food quickly- but this experience was terrible! I could look around the establishment and see that other tables were equally as frustrated as we were. An elderly couple waited at least 10 minutes before anyone even approached their table. Needless to say, we watched people come in the door, wait to be seated, and then leave because they waited so long. We arrived at 6pm and didn't leave until 7:25, which is far too long for a fast food establishment. I work in the service industry and I know how important customer feedback can be. I'm not sure if this location was short staffed or if this was just an "off day" - but it appeared as though the servers were inexperienced and had no sense of urgency. Dirty tables sat dirty while they stopped to take a drink or take a phone call. While this could all just be my personal observation - it was overall a bad experience that I felt needed to be shared.

• Updated by Mf1984 · Jul 28, 2018

And on a side note - the entire restaurant was FILTHY. The floors were extremely dirty and my feet were sticking to it as I walked. The women’s restroom only had one working stall. The other was clogged and again, was extremely dirty.

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesunclean restaurant

Hi my family and I have watched the cleanliness of Steak ‘n Shake 300s college mall road bloomington Indiana deteriorate over the last 12 months .It began with unclean restrooms and went down hill from there . On our last visit there was food on the tables and floors and underneath each booth table . The floor was so bad that our shoes stuck to it . We were disgusted and very disappointed as we enjoyed our meals there for so long . I expect that this is a management issue . We will not be eating in there again and I believe that it should be reported .

Steak 'n Shake Enterprisesthe service/food

I came to Evansville Indiana with my family for a nice meal and was awful!! We had to wait 10 minutes just to have our drink order taken. Then had to wait 45 minutes for them to bring it out. When they brought it out they left out my 2 year olds food along with mine and my mother-in-law. My food was not made either the "cook" didn't fix my food I asked for but something entirely different so I waited for the correct food. It took 15 more minutes and when it came out the burger was burnt!! Then I ordered 3 kids milkshakes and it took another 10 minutes!! And when I talked to the manager about this he just said sorry. That was it like that is gonna fix anything! And the waitress got snippy with me when I told her it was dumb to make a 2 year old wait til last and have to watch all the other kids get to eat (total of 5 kids) and 9 adults getting to eat

Steak 'n Shake Enterprises — chili mac supreme

Every time I come through Lancaster Ohio's drive thru, I ask for extra chili mac sauce and I don't get it...