Star Chrysler Jeep Dodgebad sales people and lars

This was the email I sent to the manager (top one) of Star.

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to tell you of my experience in buying a Jeep from you. WOW! Your dealership is the a sleezeball, liar, give you the run around car dealer that you read about on the internet. Let me start from the beginning. I came to your dealer after calling from another dealer in regards to a Jeep Patriot. I was very clear over the phone, asking if you had in stock, because I did not want to drive the 20 minutes if you did not. The girl on the phone stated “I just spoke to the sales manager and we have PLENTY in stock” . I came in and met with Hasan. I explained that I have owned ONLY Jeeps my whole driving life and my parents have a Jeep. We usually do business with Westbury Jeep, but their customer service has changed. We have been to six other dealers and no one has a Patriot. I said I was glad you have them in stock. He went and found out that you had NONE in stock, but could find one from another dealer. He even said “They told you we had them in stock? Oh I apologize they lied” .After stating that I did not really want to do that (get it from another dealer), he said “we do it daily”. He found a Green Jeep Patriot elsewhere. I asked if my wife could drive one because she had never taken a test drive. I was told that you had none but a standard transmission (which she could not drive) but for $1, 000.00 they could get the car for me to test drive. I said “thank you” but I could not buy without a test drive and I didn’t want to leave $1, 000.00 . Would you buy something for $17, 000 and not test it to see if you like it? I went to ANOTHER dealer for a test drive. They had a Patriot there for me to purchase, but I wanted Hasan to get my business (he was great at first). My wife loved the test drive so I called Hasan to tell him we were on our way back after going to another dealer for a test drive. He was shocked! I got there and long story short we worked out a deal on the price of the Jeep. I wanted to know how much I would have to put down, as well as my monthly payments. Hasan got the finance manager (who is the ONLY respectable person in your dealership) and I was told it was too late (6:25pm) to do anything with the bank and he didn’t want to give me fake numbers. They BOTH told me to leave $1, 000.00 (same deposit as before) they would run my info and get back to me at 9am with my money down, apr and payments. I signed credit applications and even signed another sheet and put $1, 000.00 on a credit card. We walked out happy. The next day came (Wednesday) and 10am rolled around, no phone call. We gave it until 2:45pm and called Hasan. Below is a record of what happened next (I wrote down each phone conversation).

2: 45pm: Hasan “Oh he never called you? Let me go talk to him and I will call you back in a few minutes”

By the time I got home from work, it was 5:15

5:15 Hasan” They cannot do anything over the phone. We need you to sit down with the financial guy here. Can you come in?”

Me: “Hasan, that was not our agreement. That is why I put the $1, 000.00. Both you and the other gentlemen said you would call. I don’t want to drive down again.”

Hasan: “Let me talk to my manager and see what I can do. I will call you back in 20 minutes (that is what your dealership should be called 20MINUTES because that is everyone’s answer)

5:35 I call back

Women who answered: “Hello Star group.”

Me: “Hasan please”

Women: “Hold.”

Women: “Hasan is on a test drive, call back in 20 minutes.”

I had my wife call and what do you know Hasan is there. Avoiding me????

Hasan: “They were in a meeting, hold on!”

I get disconnected. My cell phone rings.

Allen: “Hi Mr. Littell this is Allen a manager here at Star. Hasan wanted me to call. You are going to have to come in….”

Me: “Let me cut you off” I told him the situation.

He said he was unaware and was going to talk to the financial officer. Instead of keeping me on hold he would call back. After a half hour, I called back.

Women who answered: “Hello Star group.”

Me: “Allen please”

Women: “Hold”

Women: “Allen left for the day!”

Me: “Hasan then!”

Women: “Hold”

Hasan answers

Me: “Hasan I’m coming in for my $1, 000.00.”

Hasan: “When will you be in?

Me: “ I will be there in 20 minutes (lol).”

Hasan: “Hold on one minute.”

Someone new gets on the phone.

William: “Mr. Littell, I was not in last night and didn’t get a chance to meet you. I’m William the manager her at Star.”
Me: “Oh, so you are a manger too? New name.”

William: “You spoke to another manager?”

Me: “Allen”

William: “Well he is our Mitsubishi manager, I am the Chrysler manager. Let me tell you why we can’t give you rates. I can’t run your info because I need VIN numbers” Hasan gave us the printout so I had the VIN number.

Me: “I am looking at a VIN number.”

William: “We haven’t got that car, I am trying to find another. The guy wasn’t in.”

Me: “So you sold me a car you didn’t have? I will be in for my $1, 000.00”

William: “You don’t want me to keep looking?”

Me: “I don’t trust you.”

William: “Bring your white slip.”

I got in the dealership and the guy behind the counter (who I have never seen and have NO idea who they are) asks if they can help me. I very politely stated that I needed money back on my credit card. He asked for the white slip. I asked how they could sell me a car they didn’t have, and he stated “I don’t know the situation.” I asked his name and he stated ”William”. I got out my sheet with everyone I spoke to. “I just got off the phone with you.” He then got very defensive and very un-bussiness like, yelling “Do you wanna talk or do you wanna come at me? I’ll talk but you all just wanna come at me.” He not only made a seen in front of “his employees” (a manger should keep their cool no matter what) but also customers. I am in sales and customer service like that will hurt your business. He then told me he didn’t care. “Whatever with your business.” Just so you know I run a large clothing manufacturer and I am sending out a mass email (with this email attached) to all my customers, contacts and friends. Also getting a copy and this story will be the MTA union (around the block from you in Jamaica) that my dad is a high ranking official of. I will also be contacting the better business bureau and making numerous posts and blogs on car and dealer sites. If you had just been honest, you could have reaped A LOT of business at a time when you car dealers are crying poverty. I am glad my tax money is paying for liars and just plain nasty individuals salaries. I hope you are aware of the establishment you run.

• Ro
    ROBERT EASTER Nov 06, 2009

I PURCHASE A 2009 CHRYLSLER 300 TOURING ON 10 / 23 /09
    THE DEALER SHIP COVER UP THE DAMAGES ON THE CAR WITH A SHINE CLEAR COAT WAX. THE NEXT DAY AFTER I GOT HOME I DICOVER THAT SOME ONE HAD PUT TOUCJ UP PAINT ON THE DOOR HANDLE TO COVER A SCRATCH ON THE PASSENGER DOOR HANDLE .THEIR WHER E TWO MINOR SCRACES IN THE BUMPER . I RINSE THE CAR OF WITH WATER TO WIPE IT DOWM THAT WHEN I NOTICE SPOTS ALL OVER THE HOOD . I TEY SOAP ON THE HOOD AND RINSE AGAIN SPOTS WOULD NOT COME OFF . THAT MONADY I WENT BACK TO THE DEALER AND SPOKE TO THE MANGER PETE ZACKERIA AMD TOLD HIM OF THE DAMAGES TO THE CAR AND THE SPOTS ON THE HOOD. HE TOKD ME TO CHECK WITH HIS GUYS IN THE SHOP AND THAT THEY MAY HAVE SOME THING TO HELP CLEAN THE SPOTS . I WENT TO SEE THE GUYS IN THE SHOP . . HE WET AND SOAP THE HOOD THEN APPLY THE SOULTION TO THE HOOD . THE SPOTS DID NOT COME OFF. HE THEN DROVE ME TO THE PREP GARGE WHERE THEY PREP AND DETAIL THE FOR THE CUSTOMERS. HE INSTRUCTED THE WOEKR IN THE SHOP TO COMPUND THE HOOD AND BUFF OUT THE SPOTS. THE WORKER RESPONE WAS ." I TRY IT ALREADY ID DON"T COME OFF" I WAS IN SHOCK . THAT WHEN I NEW THAT THEY NEW THE CAR HAD DAMAGE BEFORE IT WAS SOLD TO ME. I REATURN TO THE MANAGE R PETE ZACKERIA AND TOLD HIM OF WHAT TOOK PLACE. HE STATE .D THAT THE WORKER MUST BE MISTAKEN THAT TTHET SELL HUNDREA OF CARS . HE ALSO TOLD THAT HE HAD SOME STUFF CALLED AFTA AT HOME THAT HE WOULD BRING IF I COULD WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK. I STILL COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT THEY KEW THE CAR WAS DAMAGE AND TRY TO PAST IT OFF. THEN I MET ANOTHE ASSITANT MANGER THE NEXT TIME I CANE TO THE DEALER SHIP BT THE NAME OF WILLIAM HOWARD . I HAD THE REST OF MY DEPOSIT TO COMPLETE THE DEAL 3100 DOLLARS . WITH THE DAMAGES ON THE VECHILE I SHOUKLD OF NEVER GAVE THEM THE CHECK . BUT BY DOING SO THE AGREE TO SEND ME TO THEIR BODY SHOP NEXT DOOR AT NO COST TO ME TO PAINT THE HOOD AND THE DOOR HANDLE WITH THE TOUCH UP PAINT . BUT WAS NOT AUTHRIZED TO OKAY THE OTHET DAMGES . THAT I WOULD HAVE TO WAIT FOR PETE ZACKERIA TO APPROVE IT .I WAITED TWO HOURS FOR HIM TO FINALLY APPEAR . HE RESPONE WAS IT MOST BE APAINT DEFECT AND INSTUCTED ONE OF THE WORKERS TO TAKE PICTURCEOF THE DAMAGE AND THEY WOULD SEND THEM TO CHRYSLER FOR THE APPOVE . I AM STILL WAITING TO HERE FROM THEM . THE SALEAMEN JEAN, THE ASSITANT MANGER WILLIAM HOWARD, THE MANAGER PETE ZACKERIA ALL IN ON THE DEAL . THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY DID NOT KNOW THE CAR HAD BODY DAMAGE .

• Cr
    creditguru Nov 28, 2009

You really need to get a life and find something better to do. If you have this much time on your hands maybe you should send a care package to a soldier. Build a bridge and get over it.

• Co
    concerned buyer2011 Aug 23, 2011

you post on a lot of crap dude. including a rude comment on mine. why can't you be a productive member of society and respond in a respectful manner?

• Sh
    SheriV Mar 13, 2012

I brought my car to Star Chrysler for repairs on 2/20/12 for a brake switch and a heated seat element. It took an unreasonable 2 1/2 weeks for my car to be repaired and on 3/7/12 when I arrived to pick it up, I found my car appallingly damaged. I found a dent on the passenger door, my leather seat was damaged (font and back), the back of the seat looked as if it was dragged along concrete and the molding and/or sill where the carpet ends on the driver’s side was terribly damaged as well.
    When I brought these damages to the attention of the service advisor Anthony Garone, his response to my disappointment was "Things happen". I then refused to take my car in this condition and insisted on all damaged parts be replaced. As of today 3/13/12 my car is still at Star Chrysler.
    Anthony Garrone then informed me to speak to the service manger the following day and the service manager Steve Alucino was very arrogant, disrespectful and denied any wrong doing. I insisted all parts that were damaged by their technician be replaced he refused to do so.
    If I would have been aware that this company had a rating of "F" by the Better Business Bureau as well as many other online complaints regarding the damages they have done, I never would have brought my car there for service.
    My Chrysler Crossfire was in pristine condition inside and out when I left it at Star Chrysler (no scratches or dents on the outside and the inside looked brand new. I only have a little over 8, 000 miles on my car. The service advisor also noted this on my estimate of repairs and/or claim check which I have in my possession.
    I remain in disbelief that they could attempt to return my car in the condition it was. I also tried to contact the owner, John Kovakis and left numerous messages over a week’s time and he never returned my calls.
    I am very offended, displeased and saddened that they can get away with doing such horrible things and think its ok. What about my rights? Where is my protection? Aren't there laws in place for a business that destroys your property and refuses to fix it?
    My vehicle is very costly to repair since it consists of Mercedes Benz parts. The damages to my car by Star Chrysler amounts to well over $2, 000.00 and they should be responsible for it and I should be compensated. I will be taking my car to another service center for the exact cost of repairs.
    Also please know that I am now frightened to drive my car given that I unaware of what other damage they have done since the technician is obviously incompetent.

• Dm
    dmindel Jan 27, 2017

In defense of Tony Garrone, may he rest in peace. I have been a customer of Star Auto since I bought my used Jeep Cherokee Sport back in 2012. In those 5 years of being a customer I do not have one single bad occurence with the team at the service dept. On several occasions they have actually fixed damaged and recalled parts that I was unaware completely free of parts or labor charge. I would not hesitate to recommend and have done so to several of my friends that own Jeeps. I have them to be a highly accommodating and reputable establishment regardless of 'danny35's' complaints.