Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia

Zimbabwe
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

Complaints & Reviews

Standard Chartered Bank Indiafailed transaction, pathetic customer care

I made an online tranaction for a term deposit ( FD) on 4th August, the online confirmation of processing was displayed. However the term deposit was not processed, I contacted the customer care on several occassions, even communicated to head.[protected]@sc.com but no one seems to answer.
They have a pathetic additude towards customers, and with these software bugs one wonder idf the deposits are safe in their hands.
If you have an account with SCB, it time to reconsider - your money is at stake !

Standard Chartered Bank — scam documents

Director of remittance department mr. memeh provided me with Two scam documents in order to press 4...

Standard Chartered Bank — this is really a fraud case

I just wanted to make public beware & want to raise complaint against Standard Chartered Bank PLC. How there...

Standard Chartered Bankthey were unable to find any prior communication with me

I hold a corporate bank acount with std chtd bank since jan, 2017.in may, 2017 rs. 500/- were debited from my account stating an atm withdrawl on my mini statement. when I called to check on the same, phone banking asked me to fax a letter. I informed them that I cannot fax a letter as I dont have the resources, their manager promised me to send an executive to collect the letter from me personally. it was repeated 4 times but no executive turned up. atlast I was forced to forget my 500/0 without any solution. on aug 6th, 2017 at 10:00am, I made a atm transaction of rs. 1400/- on uti atm. the first transaction said transaction failed. the second transaction went through succesfully.in the evening, when I checked my mini statement, I saw two debits of rs. 1400/- from my account. I called phone banking to enquire on the same and one of the representatives told me that I will have to wait for 11 days to get the charge reversed. and if that doesnt happen they will file a investigation for the same and it might take 30-90 days. this really made me frustrated as its my own money which I saved with the bank and I cant use it when I need it due to a technical issue with the banks. now, I have lost rs. 1900/- without any information when would that be reveresed. the phone banking agent promised me a call back by a manager but noone called me up. its such a lousy customer service with such a reputed bank. now, I fear saving my money with std chtd bank account any more. I was to use this money for some urgent work but now due to this issue I cant use my own money and I have to go for a big loss. I dont seem to have any other choice. customer service dont even record anything when they speak with me. they were unable to find any prior communication with me.

• Di
        dinesh Dec 09, 2011

The very next day I ask them to cancel that card because I didn’t want it, but they didn’t do that, instead, they are sending me regularly statement with debit charges

They force me to pay the charges. How can I pay these when I never used the credit card?

A representative explained something else about the charges and he told me that its lifetime free card.

• St
        sthota1982 Jan 09, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam .
        My Name is Suresh, i had one transcation with Standard charted bank, As per the following mail from Standard charted bank mail i have done paymnet, but still Standard charted bank agent coming to my house asking pay money with interest amount
        9/29/13

Ref: 09/13/141201/SP/CRD

Dear Mr. Thota,

This is with reference to your Internet Banking query dated September 29, 2017

We have arranged to transfer Rs.42317.53 from the card ending 7937 to the card ending 2212. The corresponding debit and credit will reflect in your next statement.

Assuring you of our best services always,

Yours sincerely,

On behalf of Standard Chartered Bank

Manisha S
        Officer - Customer Care

Standard Chartered Bankstandard chartered bank charges more than principal amount dont go for this credit card company ref : 05/10/011714 / aj / crd

Dear sir

To whom so ever it may concern
      Last and final letter in understanding and acceptance by you final with immediate effect.
      Consumer forum and complaint india

Last and final letter from this tired old man a senor citizen non earning last request.
      Your still unsatisfied long relationship holding,
      But not presently your credit card customer

Very sad that you are stubbornness and we fail to understand after agreeing you change your mind read on of not reversing or reverting all your financial exorbitant charges. We hope it will be done with immediate effect on receipt of this letter and you will surely do the needful as this my last letter and wont expect any response or favor or any change in my thought whatsoever from my side for sure and this will be assumed as a acceptance from you, from this 63 years old not earning man a senior citizen of the republic of india

Also we are not receiving your statement and so amount is regularly paid after due date as you can see our records for payments in cash as the statements are not received as per the rule of statement with in the due date so charges are invalid. Send me statements from the incorporation of credit card till date so that we can view and identify and minus all whatever charges finance charges you have incurred on my balance and all miss. Charges expenses wont be paid by us for sure and are unacceptable in any form only credit balance of used amount minus the minimum as well as whole money paid will be paid.

We got a response from your team to settle the account and all financial charges on our balances for all months from incorporation of credit card and our long relationship and whatever requested by us will be waived off and done full and finally some days before date:25. 05. 2010 and no calls harassing us as well, as letters will be posted to you this was their promises from collection dept. And left us for to make our decision and they were expected to come with written on an legal agreement letter mutual benefiting both parties and clearly removing name from cibil as well and waiving clearing all charges and finance charges put on our account with immediate effect and as settlement full and final with immediate please confirm your response on this update and they were asking cash for the same and here we hear a different response,
      So make up your mind to one and now we don't trust any department and when we shall pay full and final ie. , only the money we spent excluding not included all your exorbitant charges and finance incurred upon us without our consent and cost of our balance increased from mere rs 1900 / - to the current outstanding is not acceptable to us and it [all charges and finance charges you put every month on our balance] will be waived off immediately on receipt of this letter / s.

We hope you would meet the above explanation with understanding and acceptance.

So late payments charges are invalid and your interest charges are not acceptable in this case scenario all the charges has to be waived actually with immediate effect and we regret writing this being the most respected people around and our credibility is clear and sound see for your self our efforts in paying your only the money that your credit card paid for us ie. , only the principal amount of the expenses and we keep faith and we also paid regularly with out statements any money your collection boy gave us, and now after such along relationship and such an old non earning customer at an age 63 years plus, we still fail to understand our request not dealt properly even by nodal officer department and working customer care which are poor in their responses of what is our demands and they don't meet the same.

The finance charges service taxes interest collection fees are unacceptable to us and also we have clearly complaint for the same the moment we came to know about these charges being levied every month and recurring interest late payment charges and collection fees and other hidden shown charges charged without our consent and permission and your stubbornness on not reverting or taking back all these charges resulted in we stopping all services and ending our relationship with your company credit card and the attitude and stubbornness and way of speaking by your customer care has been already reported to you and other forum and respected panels looking at the responses and working in this credit card company, always time to time and we the customers who have long relationship with you face the music and have to pay the price for your habits and poor bad customer care department will be levied.

We regret to write as we want to solve the matter by paying only what you deserve that is the money you blocked for only the expenses and once again we can only do one thing and will keep on doing the same and stick to request for an immediate waived off all charges immediately and with immediate effect on receipt of of our letter / s and send your full statement from incorporation start of this credit card so that we can point out only what we have to pay that is the money you have blocked for us for that particular month and without any extra charges what so ever with and only after minus sing the regular payments you received and we paid blind folded without statements each month by trusting that our payments are received by you on time each time your man came here to collect it and also when we came to know about our principal charges going from 1900 / - to the current amount is shocking and completely not acceptable to us or any consumer on consumer
      Forum and complaint india forum.

Yours truly,

Your still unsatisfied long relationship holding,
      But not presently your credit card customer
      - complaint consumer forum
      India

Posted complaint on date: 26. 05. 2010. Time 05. 00 pm
      At their india web site and international we link too at for eg. ,

Http: / / www. Standardchartered. Co. In / personal / home / en / index. Html

Standard Chartered - Manhattan Cardcharging of the service that was denied to renew

I am having a Manhattan Credit Card ending with 6905. I had opted for Card Enhancement facility last year. However, the renewal was not accepted by me. Then too, my account was charged and enhancement pack was sent to me. I have returned that pack to SCB. It was communicated by me immidiately and even then my account was charged for Rs.4000 + Service tax. Now SCB has credited back to my account with 25% deduction and communicated that it is their cancellation policy. It is shocking to see the charges that have been levied to me for a service for which I have not given a concent.

Shirish Kalamkar

Standard Chartered Bankstandard chartered bank's cheating way of enticing consumer for credit card

Respected sir/madam,

I am avishek chakraborty, holder of a salary account no - [protected] with standard chartered bank, india at the goregaon (e) branch.

I would like to air my grievances through this mail about the unethical way this bank has taken in my case for selling me their product & cheated me by sending me some other product which I never opted for. I would believe that my efforts have been justified if this mail in anyway has a impact on the bank's unethical way of doing so business & save psychological harassment for a large number of innocent consumers.

One week back on 15/04/10, I received a call from a standard chartered executive that I have been selected as a privileged customer to receive a platinum elite credit card & I was told about the other privileges that this card has to offer. I liked the details as these would match my requirements & I applied for the card. I was told that I would get the card with 100% guarantee. now after I submitted all the documents, I received verification calls & all the process went smoothly. I was never informed about anything in conflict with the executives promises. but today, on 19/04/10, I received one gold rewards credit card (card no - [protected]) in stead of the promised platinum elite credit card. on asking the help line I was told that, I should accept this card & after a period of time my card would be upgraded to a platinum card.

These whole process created a lot of distrust in my mind against the standard chartered bank's way of doing business. they at first promise the customer about the high end products they have to offer & once the person fall in the trap they do not fulfill the promises & sends some other product.

This experience of mine has proved to be so bitter for me that I really intend to sever all my ties with this bank in the future & will probably transfer my resources to some other bank & never ever use any the service that standard chartered is offering.

I intend to lodge a consumer complaint in the consumer court, government of india in my capacity as a troubled/cheated consumer, if my case is not immediately handled with utmost respect by the standard chartered bank to solicit legal action..

I hope that my experience will help numerous other consumers & they can save their time & mental harassment that I went through during this ordeal.

Regards,

Avishek chakraborty
          Mail id: avishek. ju.[protected]@gmail.com
          Cell no: +91 [protected]

Standard Chartered Bank UAE — unjustified deduction from account

Let me tell u that this bank is a cheater and people working here are well trained how to make fool of people...

Standard Chartered Bankfraud by executive

I am amit rastogi had a saving babk a/c in standard chartered bank in cannaught place branch new delhi india

No. is [protected]. before 2.5 years back your executive mr. saurav

Bhatnagar has come to me and he told me that you close your a/c and

Open in new opening branch in pitam pura so I gave him closing letter, cheque book and debit card. my a/c no in pitampura is [protected].

From that time I was thinking that my old a/c has been closed but on

10-11-2009 one deposite is made in my old a/c by third partyof rs.

36500. that time I aware that a/c was not closed and have a negetive

Balance of rs. 7069 for non maintanance even my new a/c balance is more

Than 3 lacks. so I given application in ccu for waive of my charges and

Todat I have been closed my both the a/c but still ccu not replied me

So I request you to revert my charges and send me by pay order. and for

Last 2.5 years I didn, t received any call or statment from your side

For my old a/c.

Standard Chartered Credit Cards / Loansbeware of standard chartered

Beware of the Standard Chartered bank in Sri Lanka. They're operated by thugs.They send their representatives to the offices and offer cards/loans to people. When one or two payments are default they you can see their true faces. They call your land phone, office phone, mobile without any respect.Actually they don't understand the people and don't have any PR skills. They call your relations, family members with harassed words and then go to those peoples houses and harass them.
              They also insult card holders by looking their statements like 'you have use the card to give food to your children from this 'Supermarket'. This is only a one example of their misbehavior.
              This is the worst private bank I have ever seen in Sri Lanka.

Standard Charteredwrong reporting in cibil

The following details are provide by cibil to me and these details are not correct to the best of my knowledge

Accountnum: [protected]
                Reported by: scb
                Account type: creditcard
                Ownership: individual
                Date reported: 31-03-2009
                Open date: 22-01-1997
                Amount overdue: 2, 475, 681
                Account status: written off

I need to get the same corrected immediately

Standard Chartered Banknon-disclosure of reason for credit card application rejection inspite of the credit information act of 2008

I applied for credit card of standard chartered bank in the philippines through their tele marketers. The telemarketers ask me to submit photocopy of ID together with specimen signatures. However, after waiting, I was informed my application was declined. When I asked for the reason, Standard Chartered Bank's phonebanker refused to divulge, in violation of Republic Act 9510. Section 4 (n) of said law states: "xxx The borrower has the right to know the causes of refusal of the application for credit facilities or services from a financial institution that uses basic credit data as basis or ground for such a refusal. xxx"

By getting personal information and other pertinent document on my part, the bank, or its credit card subsidiary unit, willfully violaTED my rights as applicant of a credit facility under the said statute.

I hope the relevant authorities could read and take necessary steps to prevent this very arrogant stand on the part of that bank.

Standard Chartered Bank (&scb&)notification and mortgage rate change

I'm outraged how the banks behave in this country - does anybody regulate their behaviour and hold them accountable? - they are unethical and disgusting.

I picked Standard Chartered Bank because as a 'western' bank I expected a more civilised service. Instead they are just as bad as everyone else!

1) Notification
                    I'm pretty sure its illegal to change your repayments with letting you know but SCB did it anyway. They changed my monthly payment with NO NOTICE. Only when I complained did they send me a letter - four months after - advising me of a retroactive change.

Its not my primary account - I have standing orders going in. Lucky I have extra else I would have defaulted and god only knows what would have happened in this country.

Likely Conversation at SCB Consumer Finance Dubai

Senior
                    "Times are bad we need more profits hmm - lets scr*w our borrowers, this is dubai and we cab do whatever the h*ll we want, lets just take it from these guys who are trapped with us due to high prepayment penalties and massive negative equity"

junior
                    "should we let them know sir? isn't that bad service, irresponsible and maybe even illegal"

Senior
                    "No, forget it - this isn't the UK, The regulator won't even notice and even if they do - who cares about the little guy - just deduct the money tomorrow, these expats can afford it"

2) Unethical / Usurious

So the next bit is legal, but only because the regulator has not got its act together. So While my mortgage was EIBOR+3% with a 6m reset. They sent me a letter saying its a crisis so we going to change you from EIBOR to our own internal rate (higher) and by the way we're going to keep you there for12mths!!!

Oh small print actually says we can tear up all the terms and do whatever we want. They are right but you don't have much choice all lenders are the same - you want to buy a house - we give you no choice and the regulator doesn't care/

OUTRAGEOUS. Just as EIBOR starts to fall - they change my mortgage to fleece me as much as they can.

Likely Conversation at SCB Consumer Finance Dubai

Senior
                    "We've completely mismanaged our bank funding and are making less profit - what do we do? Hmm - do we have some captive borrowers we can rob? - what about those trapped negative equity guys from before"

Junior
                    "But sir we've already passed on the EIBOR spike for the next six months"

Senior
                    "Hmm but EIBOR is dropping now that UAE Central Bank is taking action (like USA) to ease the crunch and improve things for the people - perhaps we can use this for extra profit"

Junior
                    "but sir thats not very ethical or fair"

Senior
                    "This is UAE banking you cretin, we can do what we want here, look at the discretionary change on loans from flat rate to reducing balance, yes its confusing for customers - so what, maybe masking some rate changes - who cares? COnsumer protection - don't make me laugh. Back to our customers - lets see ahh yes - small print says we can stuff these people completely and lets see YES - its legal"

Junior
                    "Really? Are you sure? we can do whatever we want to the rate and fix? and its legal? - also in an era of job uncertainty do we want to pressure them more"

"Cretin. Anyhow lets move them off EIBOR to the"SCB rip-off rate ("SCBROR" so no matter what central bank does to improve things we don't need to worry. Hmmm - thats not enough.. what else can we do - EIBOR is falling so a high "SCBROR" looks too obvious - YES I am a genious - lets fix them there for 5 years at the highest rate"

"But sir thats usurious - terrible"

"Cretin. Okay 12 months - lets milk them as much as we can, should be good for at least a couple of years"

Thats my story - i've made a formal complaint to central bank after getting nowhere with SCB (they ignored me in the end).

SCB you disgust me.

KFH

(kfh. [protected]@googlemail.com)

Standard Charted bank Dubaicredit card annual fees fraud by staff

Do not belive any verbal information from standard charted bank.They are very expert in lieing and cheeting.
                      I have standard charted bank bank credit card. I am paying 500 AED per annum for annual fees.
                      In the month of Feb 2009 1st week i went to bank directly and asked their customer care to cancel my card to avoid 2009 annual fees.. They said me that we can not cancel the card now, please wait untill end of feb month and call customer service to cancel the card. I did wait till 28th of feb 09 and ask the customer care to cancel my card. In between on 15 feb 09 they charged 500 AED for 2009 annual fees. Eventhough my card expiry date is Oct 2009.They asked me to pay the annual fees for 2009 full year to cancel my card.

• Si
                          siva2009 Nov 02, 2009

This is not a stray case. I was also victimised by the bank. They do this systematically. It is extremly difficult to come out of this dirty SCB. The bank it to be banned. Let the government do something to stop this bank. Actually they cant be called as bank..they are organized criminals looting the money of the innocent people

Standard Chartered10,000 aed &free pre-approval&

My wife and I were interested in buying a house in Dubai.

In order to have a better understanding of what the bank was willing to lend us we made a request for a "free" pre-aproval. The letters below describe the back ground. I would urge any potential house buyers to be aware of "free pre-aprovals" as this one letter cost us 10, 000AED (£2000).

Dear Siraj,

Your letter below says that you will be getting back to us “at the earliest”. As you know we have been pursuing this issue since July of last year – I believe there has been more than enough time for your bank to gain an understanding of our case.

The documents you have forwarded me do not include our signatures on all pages – therefore the item relating to “non-refund” does not pertain to us as we have not signed this section of the agreement.

The wording also states that any monies paid would be non-refundable. However – at the time of signing these documents no payment had been made to Standard Chartered.

Each of these minor technical points is regardless of the fact that as we have repeatedly made clear in our previous letter we were informed of the following by your company:

AED 10000 is a part of total PF and we will take this money once you finalize the property and put it for valuation and at the time of final approval.

As is clearly noted in the detailed letter below we did not make any request for you to value to value the property or go any further than the pre-approval.in effect your bank has charged 10, 000 AED for no additional services rendered. We were misled into thinking that there were no financial consequences in signing this document. The fact that the critical page is unsigned by us makes this lack of clarity evident.

I would like a clear resolution to this matter within 14 days before I take the steps of contacting the following organizations for their advice:

[protected] UAE Consumer Protection Department (CPD)

[protected] UAE Central Bank Control & Inspection

[protected] Dubai Courts

Common sense would suggest that we were misled in this affair and I urge your bank to resolve the issue in a fair and reasonable manner as quickly as possible.

Regards,

BEN

• Re
                            regina Mar 30, 2009

Everyone is talking about money problems here...but this is a bit different one...how come these money transfer companies can transfer money from a man to a whore for pleasures. May be i'm wrong but i came to know that a man(living in Jeddah, KSA) sent more than 3000 riyals from ksa(Jeddah) to eight different prostitutes who work on net living in different country. In ksa rules and regulation about all these things are really strict and then how come this one man sent money to different countries ( including South Africa, Phillipines and America) for his pleasure and to fullfill his porn desires. Oh by the way he sent all this money to those whores through Western Union Money Transfer ( bank and on net) and through Al Ahlionline Bank ( on net) and he is still doing till now. Ok i agree to this that company didn't know about it and was doing its work, its duty...but this cannot be easly ignored that a man is sending money to eight different girls(prostitutes) living in different countries. This man has also spent money on internet porn chatting site named www.person.com and he paid his bills the way everyone other man pays(throught telephone bills), but there was no complains about that he has paid bills on porn chatting site. (living in Jeddah, KSA). I complained to a similar site about all this but there was no response. Please take some actions. This is not legal. This is illegal.

[protected]@yahoo.com

Standard Chartered Bank
                            My A/c no [protected]
                            My Atm card no [protected]
                            Credit card no [protected]
                            I requisite you My credit card and ATM card cancel or not so Meany times sent mail and phone No answer from your side, Please Cancel

me all ready cancel my visa, now leaving in INDIA three month before i ask cancel all cards but no answer your side
                            My E mail [protected]@yahoo.com or 91-[protected]

Three month so meny mail sent attach cancel passport copy al so attach I am cancel in visa 6month finish

Standard Charterd Bank Credit CardsStandard CHEATING CHATER BANK

SCB is a number one cheating bank...asking their credit card customers to pay for nothing.

BAJAJ Allianz insurance guy came to me and representing him like a scb guy and there is some tie-up is there between 2 etc...I opted for life insurance policy...soon after 6 days I called SCB(2 time) and informed them not to make payment as I dont want to opt for insurance. SCB Customer care executive aggreed to to stop for the payment, but they processed the payment. I was out of station for 6 months when I cam I got 14K scb bill(10k + 4k interest)...I had a fought with SCB and bound to pay 4K, now buy the time I paid 4k probably they added some more interest amount...and called me after an year to pay 4k more for settlement. This time also I was out of station and my brother setteled this by going to their office.

Now again I am getting call from these Un-ethical cheaters.

GUYS beware of these STANDARD CHEATERS

Standard Charteredtermination of loan account

In july, I was able to fully pay my loan with standard chartered bank, with the intention of terminating the loan account. I called thier customer service to get the exact amount and was informed of a pre-terminating fee. Just so, to close it, I agreed to pay for the principal and the pre-terminating fee. Total amount given to me was 71, 165.00.

The customer representative even told me that I could pay for it on or before july 25, which explains why I paid 60, 000 in july 12 and the balance of 11, 165 in july 23.

Feeling that everything has been settled and that it is already closed, I didn’t bother to read thoroughly the statement of account you have been sending to me come september and october. Only last night when my husband told me, you didn’t close your loan account yet, evidenced by a “total payment due” which amounted to 56, 260.85 which is due on october 19, 2008.

To prove him wrong, I called thier customer service and talked to eric castillo. He then told me that my loan account is still active and that I didn’t request for a termination. This pissed me off considering that a lot of money is involved here and not just coins.

He then asked me the name of the person whom I talked to regarding my request to terminate it. He was asking me something that happened 4months ago. I find it irrelevant now, as if you will analyze my account, and work back to july. Figures would suggest that the amount I paid was the exact amount to terminate my account for that month. The amount, which was given to me by thier customer representative. I wouldn’t have known the exact amount had I not called their customer service with the pre-termination fee at that. He even asked me for the exact time and day I called.

Eric castillo told me that since I didn’t request it to be terminated; computations will be based on the current month, which will require me again to pay for more that I already paid for.

It just dosnt make sense. Why would I pay for that a big amount if I didnt want it terminated? I would have just paid for it on a monthly basis.

They earned from me with the interest & pre-terminating fee I paid, & now they want me to pay again so that they will terminate it this time. So unfair.

Standard Chartered Bankfault transaction

I am from usa and came back to hk for work. When I asked for a eli for aud to hkd transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against scb as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest. No one should ever this bank as this provides garbage service!

• Valerie Oct 28, 2008

I am from USA and came back to HK for work. When I asked for an ELI for AUD to HKD transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against SCB as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest. Hence, no one should ever get services from SCB.

jacky007 Oct 07, 2010

absolutely!!! Apparently their customer care is centralised, but it effectively means their customer care is nonexistent. And their internal communication system is utterly deplorable

Standard Chartered Bankdebit card missing

In the world of today, where we all blindly rely on plastic money for each and everything, I too am not spared from the benefits of the atm which is an automatic teller machine but we call it any time money because it is dam useful. The problems comes into the picture when someone like me who relies so much on this machine that I hardly carry cash around, is now without a debit card for more than a month. The magnetic strip of my card stopped working and whenever I swiped the card, it was rejected inspite of having balance in the account. This was reported to the phone banking executive first on 12th may 2008. A request was placed for a new debit card to be sent across to me. The bank claims to send me the card thru one of the biggest courier companies across india, first flight, the company is doing nothing to maintain its name as they don't even follow the basic norms of leaving a message card if nobody is available at home and the same happened with me. By the time I called bank to chase my card, it was already sent back from first flight to the chennai main office. The phone banker then took request for re delivery and I have been calling once in every 2 days since then to chase and trace the card but there are no whereabouts of the same. Repeated requests and complaints. I even visited the bank but even they cant do anything in this case as it is dealt with by the chennai head office. I have to face embarrassment more than often as I don't have cash to carry around. Since I am working, I don't get time to visit the bank every now and then to withdraw cash with self cheques or withdrawal slips. That doesn't end my problem, I have complained repeatedly and have never received the 'promised' call backs. Also, a cheque deposited by me was returned on 2nd june 2008. The bank has sent cheque back to me but I see no traces of the same.

Some of the complaints and reference numbers available to me are:

Sandeep/lc/0608/11
                                Padma/lc/0608/35
                                Angele/lr/0508/91.

And, I am still without my debit card. Please help me sort this out and I would also seek compensation for the repeated phone calls made, mental harassment, amount spent on petrol to visit the bank repeatedly and my wastage of time.

anjan kumar dhar Jun 15, 2008

quite unhappy with ur unprofessional attitude 3 times u have rejected my SMART CREDIT APPLICATION without any reason . because u are unable to judge the parameter of any prestigious customer PLS. DO NOT CALL ME. otherwise legal action will be taken against u, under TRAI GUIDLINES

Standard Chartted BankCredit card activation problem

I am having greally very bad expirance with your Standard chartted bank, Today one of your excuative Mr.Shreeniwas (Ph no. 011-[protected]) who dont even know how to talk with the costumers has called me & talked with a im-proper way & told me that my card has been permantaly blocked after the bank has recived 5000/- cash from my side, at that time i have clearly mentioned to the bank officals that i am providing 5000/-cash to the bank so please bring the letter of activation of card then i will give 17500/- amount to the bank. The bank is contiuosly increasing the amount but they are not sending the letter. This has been really unaccpetable on the part of bank.