Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

Standard Chartered Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 11, 2007. The latest review SME bridging loan was posted on Nov 29, 2020. The latest complaint credit card fraudulent charges was resolved on Nov 16, 2014. Standard Chartered Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 107 reviews. Standard Chartered Bank has resolved 39 complaints.

Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service Contacts

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia
8 Ecowas Avenue, Banjul, The Gambia

Uganda
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 5 Speke Road, PO Box 7111, Kampala, Uganda

Zambia
PO Box 32238, Cairo Road, Lusaka, 10101, Zambia

Zimbabwe
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service. Initial Standard Chartered Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Standard Chartered Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Standard Chartered Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Standard Chartered Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews

Standard Chartered Bankemail addresses issue

I have informed to correct my email address one month back . but still it has not been corrected . due to this i have not received your monthly statement as well . let me know why you are taking one month to such a simple request . also i have informed this regarding your call center to twice . i am really disappoint about your service ...

my correct email address is

[protected]@ymail.com

Standard Chartered Bankopening bank account

Went to Standard Chartered to open an account, I agree when they are asking to check our salary and all other details to ensure they serve certain level of people.

I've been told that the account will be ready after 5 days and the insist I need to bank in BHD 20 which I did at the same time. A week later went to the bank, waited more than 1 hour to check my account and sadly they told me your account still not ready.

Walk out from Standard Chartered and I decided to open HSBC account which only few blocks away. Their personalise service are far away better, they prepared all the document for me and after 2 days I received SMS my IBAN Code ready and later in the afternoon they deliver my Card.

After 11 days there is no news from Standard Chartered, I decided to go again to the bank. Waited for 30 mins and they told me your account not ready not even say sorry???

What a poor service by Standard Chartered!!! I don't event think they understand first impression matter.

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card overcharged

Hi,
      I've sc credit card, which was expired on Feb, 2018.
      I have already contacted many times that I haven't received new card and no cards displayed on my account to make payment and all.
      U just advised me to get ready with INR.24, 600.
      See my question is, how can i make payment without card details(nothing displayed on NetBanking). Same i informed you guys.
      Now 26, June2018. Card is displayed with over internet multiplied. Now INR.35, 800.
      How now it's getting displayed previously why not? How would've made payment previously without card ? Also, now without any single notification you guys charged more than INR.1000 ??
      All i want is justice.
      Til now i have lodged many complaints no proper response.
      Do i need to complain with police as mine is cheated or what?
      FYI, I have moved to another country so I can't visit local branch same I mentioned in all my enquiry, complaints.

Standard Chartered Bank — international transfer inquiry

Dear Sir, I have a disputed transfer case where one your customer supposedly has transferred 450 EURs from...

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card secure transactions

Standard chartered bank UAE - a very unreliable and terrible banking system. As a consumer you trust them with your money and salary hoping that they will keep you safe from scamming online systems.

However, the bank's security systems are very weak, easily dodged by scammers and the bank has no facility to help in these cases.

I made a transaction online for booking flights and I used a secure OTP password to make the transaction for a specific amount with a vendor. The vendor somehow was able to charge me a higher amount and twice!!!

Called the bank and they said they can't do anything in this case to explain why this happened and can't do anything to stop the wrong transaction from going through.

I would strong advice against using SC UAE baking services if you want your money to be safe and with a trusted partner.

I think the bank doesn't deserve to be in this industry with weak quality of staff and weak security facilities.

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card

Dear Team,

This is to inform you that I have been cheated by your staff Abin Varkey, I had request for the Personnel finance. He had been me promise that I am eligible for the personnel Finance

He said credit card comes with personal Finance and he tool all the document sign and later credit card was deliver, I was keep following up for the loan update. He inform me it's under process just taking some time, again I had follow up he inform its Pre Approve I will provide you the offer letter, and after keep following up No Reponses, I had call the bank they inform me
          There is no Document Submitted for the Personal Finance, now I am call Abin he had Block

I Am requesting to please take action against such fraud people in you Organization and cancelled my card.

Card No: [protected]
          Sajid Y
          My contact : [protected]

Thanks

Standard Chartered Bank In Dubai — my 35 million $ transfer to you?

hello;I have any account number no credit card no thing just this 3 approval documents.. one of them I fill...

Standard Chartered Bank — want be sure that is my money there

FOA: Hany Abdelhamed Ibrahem Elwakil Sir, This is to inform you that your contract payment has been...

Standard Chartered Bank — credit card.

I have applied for the employee dream pack E1 on 26th of April. Its Been 23 days and only account opening...

Karachi

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card service

Dear Manager,

I am writing about the incident happened with me.
            I experienced pathic Service from your bank credit card department.
            Service is very slow, your department did not share any application ID number. Your third party vendor is not responding, not giving any proper information about my application.

I was expecting world class service from your bank but result is just opposite.

Incident Details :
            Date :15/4/17
            Standard Chartered Vendor number : +91-[protected] (The centre which called me to provide your bank credit card.)

Incident Description :
            15/4/17 : Vendor called me and told me about your credit card.
            17/4/17 : Standard Chartered Agent came to my place and I have submitted all the require documents to him.
            After this date, I have no information about my Application.
            I have not receive any application ID, to track status and your call centre people (+91-[protected]) not responding properly.

So, I have no information and am completely clueless what the hell has been happening since 2 weeks.

Please do the needful asap. So that you do not loose customer in future.

• Sh
                Shantanu139 Jul 31, 2017

I was given "Manhattan" Credit card by Standard chartered bank, where my salary account is.
                I have never activated the said credit card, but now I have received a sms mentioning that - I owe an annual fees of R1178/- towards the bank as charges for the credit card which I never used/ activated.
                There is no concerned contact person in the bank, who would attend to my grievances. I was asked to call via phone banking--- for response in vain.
                This is highly annoying.
                I hope this platform, would enable to get rid of the issue.

Standard Chartered Bankapathy in service delivery

On the 3rd of January 2017 I made an erroneous payment to my cable provider. On the 7th I proceeded to my local branch, wrote a letter justifying why that payment had to be reversed. I was told it would take 3 days. I returned to the bank on the 13th, I enquired why the matter had not been sorted. The staff gave me woolly narratives. I decided to be patient. The straw that broke the camel's back is when on the 25th of January I decided to see the branch manager for assistance. To my surprise, she made it clear that she would help me at her desecration!!! A not too subtle way of saying "I will help you when I want". I have never received this sort of treatment from any bank ever!!! StanChart takes the cake. I know I may not have that money reversed. I will not beg to have my money returned, for I know in Kenya, there is a culture of impunity and StanChart Kenya has decided to go down that route. I will close my accounts with StanChart with a heavy, sad angry heart.

Standard Chartered Bank — opening of business forex account

Good Morning I am based in Gaborone, Botswana. I am a priority client. We have company accounts and personal...

Standard Chartered Bankimproper holding fund and worst customer service

On 3 August 2016, I sent the money USD 14,000 from Hong Kong to the payee’s account in Standard Chartered Bank in Malaysia.

They refused to deposit the money to payee’s account but they also not return my money back!

My bank in Hong Kong is keep sending message to Standard Chartered Bank, but they never replied. My money has been hold by Standard Chartered Bank in Malaysia for 3 weeks, and they never give me any reason!!!

The payee approached to bank branch to request return my money immediately and I even sent a complaint email to Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia directly, provide all the proof which show their bank is holding my money, but they still not do anything!

I can’t believe such a global bank can offer such worse customer service.

I still can’t get my money back until now, I feel so helpless!

Standard Chartered Bankdo once online transaction but debited the amount twice from my account

On 6th april 2016 I has did an online transferred to a third party holder by standard charted bank, I has just did once of the transaction but it was debited twice from my bank account!!! what a ridiculous matter. So that I has lodge a report to maybank customer service officer on 8th april 2016.
                  Every week I called up twice to checked about the status update. Until today 20th april 2016 still the customer service officer told me the same thing there's no response yet from the standard charted bank!!! this is really piss me off!!! i'm not so free and just sitting down to called every time.
                  The transaction debited twice is not a small amount and it was about rm6, 500!!! how can I be patient with that??? that's not even my mistakes to do it twice!!! maybank customer service should look into it seriously!!! what kind of this lousy bank??? not professional at all!!! I wonder how they been train as a customer service but does'nt help with customer!!!

Standard Chartered Bankcustomer services handling is poor

I am Malaysian and now residing in overseas, there are few matters I overlooked as I was busy preparing my wedding in overseas. So I called the Customer Service Line from overseas to update my new mobile numbers and also my email addresses, they promised to call back within 3 working days and also via email but till now almost 2 weeks, nothing.

So I decided to call again to find out what is going wrong, they start telling me that they are call center and they cant do much. How am I supposed to go to the nearest branch to do the updates, Hello... why not they tell me in the beginning and rather let me waited for nothing. Wasting time. Other International banks have no issues on updating the contact numbers and address as long they verify everything is correct, at the same time they even send a mail as a notification that there some changes been made to the permanent address to confirm.

I hope Standard Chartered Bank will do something about it and please customer is always right, services comes first. I will never let anyone know that I was one the x staff from Standard Chartered Bank, so shameful with all these incident occurred.

Standard Chartered Bankpriority banking

I have been their priority banking customer for over 5 years and have suffered from bad service over these years. They don't respond to queries. One has to send reminders to them and finally to their seniors to get any response. They mess up service issues very now and then. The RM continues to change every 3 months on average. You are never notified of such chnage and one finds out only when he tried to contact his RM to find out that he has left and someone else has replaced him as your RM. The list can go on and on. I have lost track of bad incidents have had with this bank. Seriously thinking of closing my account there now.

Saf1029 May 03, 2016

STANDARD CHARTERED UAE is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. They don't know the first thing about customer service. I have been their priority customer for over 8 years now and can write a book about their miss management, poor customer service, lack of knowledge of staff, poor communication and can go on and on. I hate them with passion and moved to Emirates NBD which I am extremely satisfied with.

Standard Chartered Bank — manhattan credit card

On 31st december 2015 I had spoken to a customer executive from standard chartered bank card: request no...

Gurgaon

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card ridiculous overdue charge

I got my SC credit card when I was in university. It was simple and easy for undergrads to apply for it as we just needed to submit our address proof and ID card. Everything was fine back then, I paid the minimum amount on time every month but they would still charge me a fee. Unlike my other two credit cards, they won't charge me any fee as long as I pay my minimum amount. I called the bank they said that I should pay it full. Regardless of whether the minimum payment has been, there will still be a fee. So, I let this go. Now, I didn't get to pay my bill for Sept and October as I was really having financial problems. I decided to pay off the charges in November. Suddenly, a debt collector calls me and says that the bank has charged me a 30% overdue fee. I said that I got a letter and I checked the amount online, my balance is only $12xxx (with the late and finance charges). He said that the bank charged me 30% overdue charge which resulted to $16xxx. I checked my transactions, they have all sorts of charges such as finance charge, late charge now a 30% overdue charge. How ridiculous! Seriously a THIRTY PERCENT charge? It's not like I didn't pay my card for 6 months or a year! I only missed out two months and I ALWAYS paid on time. Not to mention, the rude debt collector who threatened me that he would send someone to my home. I claimed that it was impossible as I'm at work during weekdays and he even asked me what time I got off work. How inappropriate! I paid off the $5xxx he demanded me to as I didn't want any more extra late charges. Overall, this is the WORST bank ever! I hold two other credit cards and never have I faced such encounter. Other banks would call me for a warning before they would start charging me anything!! I cannot wait to cut this card off but it scares me that they'll chase me over some other annoying charges according to what I've read on this complaint board about Standard Chartered Bank.

Standard Chartered Bankworst service

Let tell my story. I applied for a credit card within Standard Chartered UAE via Sales Agent. He promised me that I will get my card within only 3 days. That time I had financial issues, so I trust to Bank Agent and provided to him all the required documents. I signed cheque for 20, 000AED and application papers, but next day Agent came back and asked me to sing to other paper due to my signature was too big on previous cheque, I signed again (Now its two cheques, each 20, 000AED) Then 3 days...4 days... Now its already more than 10 days I'm waiting. It's fine I could wait, but the problem is there is no respond from Bank. Seems like they got my signature and "Halas" forgot about me. I tried to call to the Customer Care Center, but to be honest it's a worst and unprofessional CCC. Everyday I was asking them, then finally (I guess that Agent tired of me) he told me that its declined. I made a mistake that I applied for their service. Now I would rather go to any other local bank, where the staff much more professional.

Standard Chartered Bankinsisting me to pay the fraudulent online charges on my credit card

Standard Chartered is the WORST credit card that I ever had. I have always maintained a good credit standing with all my banks and this company is destroying everything! On august 2014 I received a text message about a php17, 000 charge on my card and is waiting for my reply for authorization, it was sent at 1:00am when I was already fast asleep. I read the message that morning and immediately called SC that I did not make such transaction, only to find out that there were 4 other unauthorized charges all made at the same time and day. I immediately complied with the needed dispute letter. And also followed up with their customer hotline several times on the status of my dispute. They initially reversed these said charges but then on Dec.2014 they charged back the 2 big amounts (17k and 36k+) that I already disputed and insisted that these were valid. They let go of the other 3 small amounts (1k+). I refuse to pay these amounts as I clearly did not make these transactions. I was even enrolled to secure pay wherein I need to enter in a PIN everytime I place an online transaction but these fraudulent charges did not go thru it but SC still insist it as valid. They have now been harassing me with collection calls and are threatening legal actions. Standard Chartered, I will face you in court if it will eventually come to it and will sue you for moral damages, harrasment and all others. You are destroying the good credit standing that I have worked so hard to maintain all this years. The Worst credit card company that I ever had to deal with.