Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia

Zimbabwe
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

Complaints & Reviews

Standard Chartered Bankcomplaint of credit card of standard chartered bank

We are using credit card no. [protected] of standard Chartered Bank in the name of Suresh Sharma with Add-on card No. [protected]. The card was in regular use for a long time and all the purchases made were being paid off in time. But suddenly from January-2007, the bank started to charge some unjustified and unsubstantiated charges in the nature of finance charges and service charges. On contacting to the customer care, we were always assured that these are due to the system problem and will be waived off in the next time. But we were surprised to see that these charges were not waived off instead bank has charged further charges in the same shape. After contacting to the customer care again, We were again assured that these will be adjusted in your next statement.Although we were making payments for the purchases made. But the bank was adjusting the payments made proportionately to the different cards and that's why the balance was outstanding in our card account.

Now the position is this that inspite of all the principal payments made, the bank has made a big outstanding in card account in the shape of finance charges & Interest & Service Charges thereon. still we are using the card & making the payments of the purchases made but the bank is adjusting these payments proportionately to outstanding amounts of other add on cards resulting in an outstanding of big amount.Althoug all the payments are being made. we are not at any fault because at all the statment time, I was being assured by the customer care of the bank regarding the waive off of the charges in next statement.

In view of above, you are requested to please take up the matter with above bank and arrange to reverse all the unjustified and unsubstantiated amount charged in the bill to sort out the matter.

regards,

Wg. Cdr. Raj Dhanoa (Retd.)
Vice- President
Safari Bikes Limited
E-650, Phase-V
Focal Point, Ludhiana (India)
Ph. [protected] to 5012519
fax:[protected], 5012520
Email: [protected]@safaribikes.com

sankaran s Sep 12, 2008

I am also one of the credit card customer of SCB. I had also similar experience. After the prolonged correspondence with the bank, the bank credited the excess amount. I feel the customer care of scb is the worst compare to other banks. Still I am corresponding with them regarding credit card insurance policy. Hence it is suggested that it is correct to call the customer care over phone initially and subsequently it is better to keep in writing either through email or send a letter by courier and the bank have not credited the amount still, please make a complaint with all papers to bank Ombudsman. I hope the bank Ombudsman solve the problem neutrally.

• Aj
      Ajay Madan Sep 25, 2008

I also one of the victim of SCB. I had the worst experience .The customer care of SCB work on there own sweet wish. In the year 2003 I had surrend the card in the bank due to poor service after paying all the dues. Now after 5 year they are saying that there was a outstanig of Rs 2500 which after intrest had come to Rs 59000.00. This bank had stsrted making money this way.

• Na
      Nanda Nov 24, 2008

I also agree. This is worst.. I also paid all my dues by May 2007. After 17 months, they are saying that I owe Rs 10, 000/- . I dont know how on the earth, this can happen.. I stopped using these cards more than 2 years, infact, I tore them into pices and thrown in the bin.. This is ridiculos.

Now, I am in USA, and I can't get this to customer care as anyway it sucks..

• Hi
      Himmatlal Aug 16, 2010

I fully agree. Once you open a credit card with Standard Chartered Bank you can never close it. They will always come back to you one fine day years later and tell you that there is a huge amount outstanding. I have had a similar experience. Many years back I had settled my credit card account with them by paying the outstanding of Rs.10, 000 in full which in reality was far in excess of what was actually due to them. The credit limit of the card was just 25, 000. They came back to me a year later demanding Rs.55, 000. And the reason for this was according to them that there were finance charges, service charges, late fee, over the limit charges and charges for sending collection agents.

saj2go Oct 14, 2011

worst bank.

Standard Chartered Bank — worst bank ever!

Horrible... This is the worst bank for home loans. On the website they say insurance is optional, but once...

Standard Chartered Bank — poor service from standard chartered bank

This is with regard to the late payment charges being laid upon me even after I made the payment. The...

Standard Chartered, HDFC, Abnamroremoval of name from satyam base (rbi default list)

Hello,

I have had issues with credit cards with few banks over past 8-9 months due to some unprecedented expenses at my end.

However, all of their payments have been made and they all provided the settlement letter too. However, I don't know who among these banks, have included my name in RBI Defaulter list.

Now, inspire of having paid huge amounts to all of them, I am not able to take any fresh kind of loans from any bank/fi.

Can anyone help with the information of whom to approach and how to get the name removed from RBI Defaulter list. These banks take the payments through some bogus collection agencies and then don't care to revive their customer records keeping us in total mess.

Standard Charteredwrong verification against applied personal loan

I am Sunil Tiwari, presently working with Carrier Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Limited, Gurgaon, Haryana (Earlier Carrier Aircon Limited, website www.carrierindia.com). from 28.05.2007. I had applied for a personal loan of Rs. 1 Lakh from your bank and the application stood canceled due to a very funny reason.

I had applied for the loan on 05.07.2007 through a bank executive Mr. Balram Tiwari and submitted all necessary documents (Copy of my salary slip of previous company and present company both, house rent agreement, Pan card, bank statement, a passport size photograph etc) in support of my application.

Afterwards, my house verification was done by the bank. Meanwhile, I received a number of calls from Standard Chartered Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai saying that I have left my job as per their verification record and today I received a message from the bank that my application is canceled eventually without assigning any valid reason to it.

Surprising!!! I am writing you from my official mail ID and here I am serving at a very responsible position. Obviously, the person who made such a remark in fact, didn't understand the gravity of such a verification and made a fake report of his fake visit to my office. Please look into the matter on priority and do needful as such a remark specially from a reputed financial organization like you hurts my professional and social status.

I have written to customer care thrice in this week but NO RESPONSE as yet been observed.

Residencial Address:

Extn: 493
      Mobile: +91-[protected]

• Ra
          RAJSEKHAR MANDAL Sep 13, 2007

i want to complain against credit card department kolkata.one person mr.vishnu manager of this department behave very bad with me.so i request to take action against him.

Standard Chartered Bank - India — fraud, then excuse we are sorry!

I am here to write what had happened to me because of their unreliable, poor, dishonest bank service and I...