Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia

Zimbabwe
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

Complaints & Reviews

worst bank ever!

Horrible... This is the worst bank for home loans. On the website they say insurance is optional, but once...

poor service from standard chartered bank

This is with regard to the late payment charges being laid upon me even after I made the payment.

The sequence went like this:

1. In April 2007, I asked the Standard Chartered people to change my billing address.

2. After that I went on site and came back in November, and to my surprise, the address was not changed.

3. I again called them up and asked to change the address and asked them to provide me Statement. I mentioned very clearly that since they didnt change the address previously, so whatever late charges they had laid had to be reverted because it was their mistake. They agreed to that. I also mentioned that unless i receive the Statement, I am not going to pay.

4. But I got the statement only on dec 25 and to my surprise, one more month late payment charges were added to it.

And the customer care people say that I would HAVE to pay, even though it was their mistake.

This bank really "sucks" in terms of customer service. They dont realize their mistake and keep on pestering the customers. My credit history with all other banks is extremely good and I am FED UP with SCB.

• Sh

Mr. Shoaib Jamil Iqbal,
    Executive,
    Sh. Chartered Bank,
    Karachi.

SERIOUS COMPLAIN AGAINST YOUR STAFF AT TANZEEM BRANCH.

Dear Mr.Shoaib, I Tauseef Hasan Usmani having a serious complain against your
    incompetent staff at Tanseem Branch DHA. Details are as bellow.

1. On 7th August I went to bank (Tanzeem Branch, I am already having there a account) to know about the procedure to open a company’s account (sole proprietorship).

Mr. Saad told me about the requirement that bank need NTN copy and ID card copy (Only two things) and it wild be done.

2. On 11th I went again along with all required things and two cheques (Rs.140, 625) in the name of my company “FEMCO”. Mr. Saad then got my signature and stamped all on an opening form. I enquire when my cheque will be credit in my account he said next evening. I said OK.

3. After 8 days I got a call from Mr. Saad that you also need to sign a stamp paper and one request on your letterhead. It was SHOCKING for me that after such time you are asking me. On enquire about cheques he said that they are still lying with me. I was very disturb that they made a mistake and I am the one who will bear the cost.

Immediately I went to bank along with letter and One more cheque in the name of my company (Rs.46, 875). I said to Mr. Saad that you should have known about the procedure that bank needs. I requested to see the bank manager. He than arranged it. I told manager about the incident, he apologies for the event and promised it will be done today and you will have no problem. I accepted his excuse and left the bank.

4. On 23rd August I went to bank again to draw the money, when I asked to Mr. Saad about the cheque book he said that your cheques are still lying here because your account hasn't open yet because your mother name does not match in Nadra list. I said what the hell you are saying (I was very rood). If it was the case Why you did not called me? Sir your phone was not connecting, the lame excuse he made. in 7 or 8 days my phone was not able to get your call it is impossible. I can challenge, I can have list from Mobilink that how many calls I received in this period. The allegation that I gave my mother name wrong in my previous (where they got the all required information) account. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I CAN FORGET MY MOTHER NAME? I said if it is wrong in my previous account, how it is running? I requested to see the manager. Manager came with smiling face (it was horrible for me that it was all happening under his supervision and he is smiling) I did not shake hand with him he said “ Yah badtamizi hoo ti hay” I said this is customer feedback. I shouted on him he then threatened me don’t do this I will throw you out (a angry customer is receive this behaviour from Executive officer from the bank?) I then got all the cheques from him and request any executive no. or Email to whom I can complain. Manager said OK take this and
    DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO. I luckily got your number.

5. Same day I went to another bank and they made it all possible what I was looking for. I am also switching my all other accounts from your bank due to this insulting event.

6. One positive note to bring in your notice, before Mr. Saad there was another gentleman Mr. Junaid. He was really a man of talent and really a true banker.
    I miss him a lot.

7. Only your quick action towards these gentlemen can reduce my anger and I can be a loyal customer as usual, OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE THE SAME FEELING FOR THE BANK AS I HAVE FOR ABOVE MENTIONED GENTLEMEN

8. I will share all my experience (with your bank) with all my community after your decision.

Thanking you in anticipation

Tauseef Hasan Usmani
    CEO

• Al
    Alan Lam Oct 19, 2008

I am from USA and came back to HK for work. When I asked for a ELI for AUD to HKD transaction, the officer mistakenly entered 2 transactions due to poor computer. This seemed simple, so I asked them to cancel the duplicated one but they finally cancelled all transactions. I did not realize this until after 1 month when the deposit was due but I received no interests! This is a worst bank I have ever seen as they internal communication is horrible. I am filing a law suite against SCB as a result since I have all the facts and evident, even the transaction confirmation! But they insisted not to pay my interest.

• Un
    Unhappychan12345 Mar 10, 2010

SCB is the crappiest bank ever.

Let me tell u mine!

My credit card expired last year November, and they sent us new ones. We moved houses so they blamed the missing cards due to wrong address, so we changed the address at the bank. Done.

The Cards were sent again. It reached us this time but the supplementary card is not there, so they cancelled my husband's card without informing us.

So they say they are sending for the THIRD time. and those cards never reached us. Now it's March 2010.. amazing right. We call again no one knows whether our cards are being sent by normal mail or by registered mail. and the operator asked us, "do you wish us to cancel again and re-send?"

WHat... for a fifth time.. then what sixth time? Where on earth do you sent our cards? to the MARS??

Anyway we requested for a cancellation of card.

I do not think they give a damn. They should not even be a bank.

This incident is from Singapore btw.

It's a crappy bank internationally.

• Di
    Disgruntled cust Sep 04, 2014

I have to agree with the views of the gentlemen above. The customer service of singapore standard chartered bank is appalling from my own experience. Frontline officers from the various internal departments would often advise the customer on differing timelines for case resolution and closure. The ownership of customer enquiries are non existential and the customer is almost left confused by conflicting information from the staff or worse unanswered enquiries. Even after the deadline for response has lapsed for days or weeks. When confronted, staff will make phone calls to the customer and intentionally hang up after a ringtone or two. Afterwards they will send an SMS to the customer indicating that the customer was uncontactable and unabashedly inform the befuddled customer that the said enquiry is still under review. Guess you call this indefinite extension of deadline for enquiry or case resolution. Very unprofessional indeed.

removal of name from satyam base (rbi default list)

Hello,

I have had issues with credit cards with few banks over past 8-9 months due to some unprecedented expenses at my end.

However, all of their payments have been made and they all provided the settlement letter too. However, I don't know who among these banks, have included my name in RBI Defaulter list.

Now, inspire of having paid huge amounts to all of them, I am not able to take any fresh kind of loans from any bank/fi.

Can anyone help with the information of whom to approach and how to get the name removed from RBI Defaulter list. These banks take the payments through some bogus collection agencies and then don't care to revive their customer records keeping us in total mess.

wrong verification against applied personal loan

I am Sunil Tiwari, presently working with Carrier Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Limited, Gurgaon, Haryana (Earlier Carrier Aircon Limited, website www.carrierindia.com). from 28.05.2007. I had applied for a personal loan of Rs. 1 Lakh from your bank and the application stood canceled due to a very funny reason.

I had applied for the loan on 05.07.2007 through a bank executive Mr. Balram Tiwari and submitted all necessary documents (Copy of my salary slip of previous company and present company both, house rent agreement, Pan card, bank statement, a passport size photograph etc) in support of my application.

Afterwards, my house verification was done by the bank. Meanwhile, I received a number of calls from Standard Chartered Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai saying that I have left my job as per their verification record and today I received a message from the bank that my application is canceled eventually without assigning any valid reason to it.

Surprising!!! I am writing you from my official mail ID and here I am serving at a very responsible position. Obviously, the person who made such a remark in fact, didn't understand the gravity of such a verification and made a fake report of his fake visit to my office. Please look into the matter on priority and do needful as such a remark specially from a reputed financial organization like you hurts my professional and social status.

I have written to customer care thrice in this week but NO RESPONSE as yet been observed.

Residencial Address:

Extn: 493
Mobile: +91-[protected]

• Ra
    RAJSEKHAR MANDAL Sep 13, 2007

i want to complain against credit card department kolkata.one person mr.vishnu manager of this department behave very bad with me.so i request to take action against him.

fraud, then excuse we are sorry!

I am here to write what had happened to me because of their unreliable, poor, dishonest bank service and I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices