Standard Chartered Bank Logo

Standard Chartered Bank

Having problems with Standard Chartered Bank?

Standard Chartered Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 11, 2007. The latest review SME bridging loan was posted on Nov 29, 2020. The latest complaint credit card fraudulent charges was resolved on Nov 16, 2014. Standard Chartered Bank has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 107 reviews. Standard Chartered Bank has resolved 39 complaints.

Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service Contacts

+44 207 885 8888 (United Kingdom)
+1 212 667 0700 (United States)
+49 697 707 500 (Germany)
+44 148 172 1787 (Guernsey)
+353 16 194 700 (Ireland)
+44 153 470 4000 (Jersey, Channel Islands)
+61 292 329 333 (Australia)
+880 28 833 003 (Bangladesh)
+673 265 8000 (Brunei)
+855 23 212 729 (Cambodia)
+852 28 203 333 (Hong Kong)
+62 212 555 0000 (Indonesia)
+60 321 177 777 (Malaysia)
+95 137 9960 (Myanmar)
+63 28 867 888 (Philippines)
+65 65 968 888 (Singapore)
+27 112 176 600 (South Africa)
+82 215 881 599 (South Korea)
+94 112 480 480 (Sri Lanka)
+66 27 244 000 (Thailand)
+84 249 368 000 (Vietnam)
+54 114 875 0500 (Argentina)
+57 13 264 030 (Colombia)
1 Basinghall Avenue

Bordeaux Court, Les Echelons, South Esplanade, St. Peter Port, Guernsey

Ireland
33-41 Lower Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

Jersey, Channel Islands
Jersey Branch, PO Box 80, 15 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 8PT, Channel Islands

Sweden
Södra Kungstornet, Kungsgatan 33, 12th floor, 111 56 Stockholm, Sweden

Turkey
Buyukdere Cad. Yapi Kredi Plaza C Blok, Kat 15, Levent, Istanbul, 34330 Turkey

Australia
Level 5, 345 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, PO Box 7042, Sydney NSW 2001, Australia

Bangladesh
67 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh

Brunei
51-55, Jalan Sultan, Omar Ali Saifuddien, Jalan Sultan Complex, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam, BS8811

Cambodia
Phnom Penh Representative Office, Unit G-02, Himawari Hotel, № 313, Preah Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

China
Standard Chartered Towerб 201 Century Avenue, Pudong, Shanghai 200120, China

Hong Kong
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 32nd Floor, 4-4A Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong

India
Crescenzo, C-38/39 ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai, 400 051, India

Indonesia
Menara Standard Chartered, Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.164, Jakarta 12930, Indonesia

Japan
Sanno Park Tower 21st floor, 2-11-1 Nagata-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6155 Japan

Laos
Laos Representative Office, House № 249 Unit 18, Nongbone Street, Phonsa-art Village, Xaysettha District, Vientiane Capital, Laos, LAO PDR

Macau
Unit 807, 8/F Office Tower, Macau Landmark, Avenida de Amizade, Z.A.P.E.

Malaysia
Level 16, Menara Standard Chartered, 30 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Myanmar
Unit №6H, № 65, Centrepoint Towers, 6/F, Kyauktada Township, Yangon, Myanmar

Nepal
Naya Baneshwore, Madan Bhandari Marg, Ward № 34, Kathmandu Metropolitan City, Bagmati Zone, Kathmandu, Nepal.

Philippines
SkyPlaza Bldg, 6788 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines.

Singapore
Marina Bay Financial Centre (Tower 1), 8 Marina Boulevard, Level 27, Singapore, 018981

South Africa
5th Floor, № 4 Sandown Valley Crescent, Sandton 2196, Gauteng Province, South Africa

South Korea
47 Jongno, Jongno-gu, Seoul, 110-702, Republic of Korea

Sri Lanka
37 York Street, Colombo-01, Sri Lanka

Taiwan
1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12F., №  168 , Dunhua N. Rd., & B1,1,2,4,7,9,10,12F., № 170, Dunhua N. Rd., Taipei City , Taiwan, R.O.C.

Thailand
90 North Sathorn Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Vietnam
Room 1810-1815, Level 18, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, Pham Hung Road, Me Tri Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi, 10000, Vietnam

United Arab Emirates

Carrera 7,71-52, Torre A Oficina, 702 Bogota, Colombia

Falkland Islands
Ross Road, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ

Angola
Rua Gamal Abdel Nasser, Edificio Tres Torres, Eixo Viario, Distrito Urbano da Ingombota, Municipio de Luanda, Provincia de Luanda, Angola.

Botswana
5th Floor Standard House Building, The Mall, Queens Road, PO Box 496, Gaborone, Botswana

Cameroon
1143 Boulevard de la Liberte, Douala, BP 1784, Douala, Littoral Region, Cameroon

Côte d’Ivoire
Standard Chartered Bank Cote d’Ivoire, 23 Boulevard de la République, Abidjan 17, 17 B.P. 1141, Cote d’Ivoire

Egypt
El Sheikha Fatma Street, City Stars Office Buildings, Star Capital 2 - 2nd Floor, Office 21/22, Heliopolis, Cairo

Ghana
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 6 John Evans Atta Mills High Street, P.O. Box 768, High Street, Accra, Ghana

Kenya

142, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria

Sierra Leone
9 & 11, Lightfoot Boston Street, Freetown, Sierra Leone

Tanzania
International House, Standard Chartered, International House Building, Corner Garden Avenue, Ohio Street, P.O. Box 9011, Dar-es-Salaam

The Gambia
8 Ecowas Avenue, Banjul, The Gambia

Uganda
Standard Chartered Bank Building, 5 Speke Road, PO Box 7111, Kampala, Uganda

Zambia
PO Box 32238, Cairo Road, Lusaka, 10101, Zambia

Zimbabwe
1st Floor, Africa Unity Square Cnr Nelson Mandela/Sam Nujoma Street

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Standard Chartered Bank Customer Service. Initial Standard Chartered Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Standard Chartered Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Standard Chartered Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Standard Chartered Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Standard Chartered Bank Complaints & Reviews

Standard Chartered Bank — credit card accounts

When you try to repay a loan the bank creates any number of hurdles. Ask for the amount outstanding, wait for...

Standard Chartered Bank — credit card enhancement

Sir, I am S. Dhamodaran I have a standard chartered bank credit card and I using this card for 5 years from...

Chennai

Standard Chartered Singapore — frustrating experience - late and financial charges

I would like share my frustrating experience with Standard Chartered Singapore and create awareness about...

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card fraudulent charges

I got SC credit card an year back. I did a few purchasing and waited for my first bill. But my wait was not getting over and the bill didn't reach me. I tried to call customer care of SC but they said your details do not match and we can't help with anything to know your billing details. I was helpless, I tried many times at customer care and asked them a way out but they refused to tell anything until verification details match. I started receiving reception calls and I told them about the situation, then they told me that your birth date has been wrongly entered in the system, you need to get it corrected by sending some documents. Meanwhile they arranged a pick up person to reach out to me and I paid the amount I spent through credit card. I saw that extra charges have been applied for bill overdue. I reached out customer care and this time I told them the birth date present in the standard chartered database, so my details verified. I told them the situation that these charges have been levied on me to which I am not responsible. They agreed to waive off that amount. Again In the next bill I received the interest charges levied and NOT waived off even after discussion. I again called customer care and asked the same, they again agreed but again they didn't waive that amount off. I sent multiple follow ups emails and calls but in vain.
Above this each time a new person replied with not knowing complete matter and I had to explain him/her again.
I felt harassed and helpless. They kept on promising to waive off sometimes full money sometimes part of it but it never actually happened and kept on calling for money. I finally asked SC to block the card and waive off all the charges and stop calling for money. If you see history of the credit card you would find that there are charges which have accumulated only for interest that SC has levied to me and that too not for my mistake.
And now I am being asked to pay money which I am not responsible for, neither I have left any money from paying for which I did purchasing, just the charges levied by bank, even which was the mistake of bank.
How is this justified I fail to understand.
I haven't even received any statements since last March 2014.
I have communicated hundred times to Pay.[protected]@sc.com, card.services. But each time a new person talks and even doesn't settle the matter. I am frustrated, irritated, exaspareted
I am not entitled to pay anything. If there are any dues regarding my purchasing, I'll pay happily. They do not close the matter after hundreds of follow ups. I do not have statements. I am not notified of increasing charges. The details are not getting updated in their system. Settlement is not happening. No communication from bank. Please help me

Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia — very bad of you

I want to use this opportunity to seek for the assistance of the police and the law enforcement agents in...

Kota Kinabalu

Standard Chartered Bankcredit card billing - cheating

Sir, I have a Standard Chartered Credit card. Last month due amount is 68, 328/-. Minimum pay amount is arounf 4, 000.00.However i paid 15, 000/- before the bill date. In next month bill they have charged interest of about 3, 118.94/-.

When i inquired with Bank, they told that they will charge interest from the date of transaction @3.5% per day for the whole amount of 68, 328/-.

I have three more credit cards with other banks. Normally interest rate will be calculated for the unpaid amount only.Could you please look on to this.

credit card billing - cheating

Sathees Nov 03, 2014

Hi Sir, I am satheeskumar, I used HDFC credit card, and my credit limit is 13000 only. I paid some dues on the crdit, and i was unable to pay the rest dues, again i drop money to my account which is the same bank that i am using the credit card.
        When i dropped the amount on the day itself the hold the amount for credit card bill payment.. more then 4 times they hold the amount on every month 3rd, and keep on hold till 10 to 15 days from the billing date 3rd of every month.
        After that the debited it, but they put overdue charges with the interest. if they debit the amount at the same day that they hold, i will not go under any extra Chargers, Please have look on this and educate me on this.
        Please do the needful. Cell: [protected]

Standard Chartered Bank — fraudulent and suspicious bank behavior

I am now beginning to feel very concerned about my account in Standard Chartered bank. My office which bank...

Delhi

Standard Chartered Bankmaintenance charges on my savings account

My balance in this savings account has been at around Rs 110, 000 for several years now. But the bank started charging maintenance fee on my account, without notifying me of a policy or limit change. Upon inquiry, I was notified that my account was categorized as a "Preferred" account and hence a minimum balance of Rs 2 lacs is now needed. But this was no communicated to me in time. I have now transferred more funds to the acct as per advice from the "Relationship Manager" of my account. But since then I have not been able o get any response from her, even though I have sent three emails and tried calling her twice!

Meanwhile, I have noticed some strange patterns in these charges levied on my account. It almost appears that the bank is simply charging my account whenever it wants to, however i wants to! I wrote to customer care team, they sent me a lengthy email, but their explanation does not match with their own charges!

Standard Charterednot a global bank

These guys are just doing whatever the USA says.
        If the US says "Jump" they don't bother to ask "How High?" They just hop like frogs on speed.
        If you actually have a legitimate global business, it's best to take your business elsewhere, this is not the bank for that.

Sagar Tungare Jul 19, 2013

while surrduring card (No [protected]) wrongly paid aditional amt Rs.8044.00/- witch is reflecting in my monthly statement. even macking regrus follow up bank is unable to pay money back.

• Na
            Navneet Varshney Jul 03, 2007

Please beware of Standard chartered credit card supplier department. I paise just 40 paise less, and after one year without being in touch or informed by Bank. Bank came up with huge amount with penalty + interest. SO I 40 paise has been now a huge huge amount. Great business by Bank. Please be careful!

Standard Chartered Credit Cardno response even after repeated promises by phone banking

Hi I am using standard chartered credit card from past three years and so far had no issues until I started facing problems by agreeing to accept a new credit card from them. The courier Guy did not deliver the card and now i was asked to pay 100dhs for replacement card which i never received . I raised a complaint on 29 June and called phone banking for almost 5-6 times and everytime they promise me that i will receive call back from them in 1-2 business days but so far nobody called back.Even i had to request number of times for supervisor to talk top her and even she lied to me. I have never received such a pathetic service from any bank in my life. I have recorded phone conversations and since i work in telecom company DU i can provide legal proofs if required. I would like to know from you how to proceed legally against this bank and their phone banking department as i can produce all the proofs required to do the same. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

Standard Chartered Bankcheated me

Standard Chartered Bank

Let me tell u that this bank is a cheater and people working here are well trained how to make fool of people and rob them from their account. I would advice people not to deal with them rather to deal with a local bank in chennai. I have personally very much suffered and being tortured to get my money out of them which they taken out from my account not by mistake. How much pain that which i went through to earn it has gone in vain

I have heard a lot of bad behaviour from this bank before but I never thought until I faced, I don't understand why Govt. is not taking any action against them who is degrading the country's banking reputation.

I must reward them with one line - People working here are a collection of fools commanded by idiots.

i underwent a major surgery and i was in leave for a long time and my husband had no job for a longer time, but then i was the one to take care of my family, even after being informed about all this and i also assure to make a payment this month end after getting my salary but they took out the entire salary and now that we have no hope to run family now. i also have other debts to take care of. if something happens to me stnadard chartered should be entirely responsible

cheated me

Jasmine Luo Sep 11, 2014

I totally agree with you, They're professional theives. You might find this interesting http://standard-chartered-bank.com

Standard Chartered Bank Bangladesh — scb stole my money

COMPLAINTS My company BSA Merchandizing Council was a client of the Standard Chartered Bank in Bangladesh...

Dhaka

Standard Charteredclosed early

I went to rob the Standard Chartered bank, they said they closed at 7pm. I arrived a little bit early, at 6:55 pm. However I noticed they were closed and locking the doors. I told them I was here to rob the bank at gunpoint, they said that they were not getting any business and that I should come back tomorrow if I wanted to rob them. This happened last week and I am so angry that I don't want to rob them or do any other kind of business with them any longer. Guess I will just have to get a job and earn my money legally thanks to them.

• My
                  my fun Mar 30, 2014

Yeah same thing happened to me when I tried to rob them, they seem to discriminate against bank robbers.

Standard Chartered Bank — bad customer service - most customer-unfriendly policies - shame on you standard chartered bank

Almost one year ago, I lost my credit card and asked SCB to issue a new one. And they did. But their courier...

Standard Chartered Bank UAE — lousy service

It takes standard chartered bank more than a week to process a checkbook request. Their phone banking system...

Dubai

Standard Chartered Bank, Emaar Business Centremost sub-standard customer service

I opened my Salary Account with Standard Chartered Bank's branch located near the greens, Emaar business Centre. for more than 2 weeks, despite regular follow-ups on phone with the Bank representatives in UAE and help desk sitting in Chennai-India, the bank is unable to provide even the most basic service that any smaller bank will provide without even asking for it, namely helpful and trained staff, debit card/ATM card, cheque book and netbanking facility. I opened my salary account in this bank (which turned out to be the worst decision in my professional life of more than 20 years).
                Having wasted over many valuable hours (not minutes) on phone, I have come to conclusion that there is no system at work in this bank. How can you deprive a customer of basic facilities after he has deposited his salary in your bank? You tell him courier company will call him for the delivery of his card and cheque book but the call never materializes. You expect him to stand in a line with a 'challan' to withdraw his money when he can pay by cheque or use ATM card? Despite making numerous calls to call centre at [protected], nothing moves in Standard Chartered Bank. A typical revenue oriented bank which does not believe in service!!
                Please wake up. I am not asking for a loan!!!

I can be contacted at [protected]@hotmail.com or [protected].

Kapil Gupta

• Ka
                    Kathy115 Nov 06, 2013

Their call centre is a joke. The only thing you get is frustration and soon anger!!!

• Ka
                    Kathy115 Nov 06, 2013

Their call centre is a joke!!! it does nothing but frustrates you.

Standard Chartered Bank Thailand PCLmisleading by the manager and cheating on the exchange rate

Dear sir or madam

This is mr. tat man ho (or ho tat man) from hong kong. I have been enjoying your bank services since 2001. at that moment, I had engaged with home loan mortgage of over hk$ 1million in the hong kong branch of your bank. since then, I have upgraded my service level to preferred banking, excel banking and the recent priority banking status. currently, I have overall exceeded hk$ 1 million investment capital in your bank account, comprising of a rmb fixed deposit of rmb 0.3 million, two premium deposit fixing of around hkd 0.6 million, plus a private company bank account.

I am definitely your loyal customer and I vote your bank as my most reliable one because I have devoted majority of my investment and financial service through your bank. however, a recent incidence has turned me down:-

Transfer of thb 3.1 million equivalent for the purchase of property in bangkok.
                  In may this year, I visited bangkok and had located at least 3 condominiums to be purchased for investment purposes. all of those will be leased out for rental income. I will complete the deal of the 1st one in september and the other 2 before year end. owing tothis, I have contacted my international relationship manager, mr. chui for advice. with his referral, I get to know ms ariya charoenchaidet, the customer relationship manager in thailand.

In early august, ariya briefed me about the account opening procedures in thailand. she emphasized that I have to transmit the money to thailand in foreign currency, of the amount exceeding thb 3 million equivalent before september 2nd (the expiry date of my thailand visa), as according to the foreign exchange regulation in thailand. I had requested a copy of therelated bank policies and the application forms that I had partially filled, for my reference. but ariya rejected my request on the basis that those forms were not completed. instead, she promised to give me the completed form once the bank account has been opened. at the moment, I was somehow a bit hesitated but I valued your bank as my reliable bank, hence I took her advice.

Cheating on the priority banking rate (hkd to thb).
                  I have high concern about the conversion rate (hkd to thb) as I repeated to ariya. ariya stressed that, as the priority banking customer, I can enjoy a much better rateover the normal counter rate. taking the rate on august 9th as reference, counter rate = 4.00 and priority banking = 4.03. moreover, I can keep the foreign currency in the bank account for 7 days, in order to wait for the best conversion rate. that sounds reasonable to me, and hence I decided to rely on ariya's advice.

On august 26th, the date before my fund to be transferred, ariya quoted me the counter rate of 4.08 and priority banking rate of 4.13 (1.2% higher). compared with the rate offered by siam commercial bank, it was an attractive rate. with this illusion, I transmitted the money to thailand the next date.

However, as per ariya's email on august 26th, shesuddenly pushed me to finish the conversion before august 30th, and maintained that this is according to foreign exchange regulation in thailand. otherwise, my account cannot be opened.

On august 29th, after the fund in hkd has been transferred to thailand, ariya broke her promise to offer me the best rate, instead she could only offered a poor rate of 4.115.

On august 30th, the last date of conversion as per whatariya mentioned, she could only offered 4.10 (only 0.18% higher) as the priority banking rate while the counter rate is 4.0925. checking with the siamcommercial bank, the rate should be 4.12. she pushed to accept this poor rate on the ground that my account cannot be opened. with this unfavorable rate, my estimated exchange loss would be around thb 16.000.

Misleading about the foreign exchange regulation in thailand.
                  Upon checking with the foreign exchange regulation of thailand by central bank, (http://www.bot.or.th/english/foreignexchangeregulations/fxregulation/pages/exchangecontrollaw.aspx), there is no such rule to request the foreigner must convert the transferred foreign fund into thb before the visa expired. instead it is open ended.

I believe I was strongly misled by ariya and your bank. it was a serious misstatement (to a certain extent it is business fault). I am not sure if it is a trick to make a client to commit an unfavorable conversion rate under the time pressure. I believe what ariya told me because I am confident with your bank service. if I know there is no deadline as per thai regulation, I will not be misled to complete the conversion on august 30th, while the conversion rate is the most unfavorable!

Table showing my loss on the exchange rate

Standard cb - standard chartered bank

Siam cb - siam commercial bank (http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/)

Date
                  4.12
                  (15, 574)

* my transferred fund hk$ 778, 700

Ref: http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/history_exchange.jsp

I deeply disappointed with your service. being the loyal customer, I have confidence in your service but this experience is a bit shocking to me. could you investigate the whole case for me, and if possible, I am always willing to provide more information not limiting to the email correspondence, for your reference.

I am now frustrated on whether to continue to take your service, or to withdraw all my current investment capital in your bank, especially, my plan to purchase 2 more properties in this year.

Looking forwards to your feedback.

Regards
                  Tat man ho
                  Email: [protected]@gmail.com
                  Tel: 852-[protected]

Standard Charteredpayment not been posted on time, undue charges placed

Hi,

I am a standard chartered/Bajaj finserv lending credit card holder and writing to let public know about the illegal process standard chartered is applying in the name of late payment even though payment has been made on time..

I had a payment due on 8th of August and made the payment on 8th of August at around 10:30 - 11:00 am through their online portal.

However upon logging on to the website to check on my balances on August 20, 2013, I found that they charged me with 1300/-+ in fees

I tried calling their customer care number but failed to get in touch with a representative. I had called earlier when I was informed that there would be fees fees as they said the payment was LATE!! How could an online payment, on their own site be a late payment??, they advised a payment has to be 3 days in advance of the due date. Because they don't get the money from the biller vendor 'bill desk' until after 3 days and therefore it is deemed a late payment. moreover, Stanchart has never informed me this at the time of card application that this will be their process of payments

I have two other credit cards which I regularly transact with. All payments are made on the day of the due date including this stan chart card. But this is the first time, I am encountering this problem with stan chart

Stan chart is using deceptive trade practices to earn revenue in the pretext of 'Late payments' like these. I would request the officials to check on this and make corrections to my card bill

Thanks
                    Pranav
                    [protected]

• Pr
                        Prashant1 Aug 21, 2013

This is been common with Standard chartered Credit cards. I had to scan the entire statement every month for this as they had this practise. Then we had to log a complaint and they reverse the charges next month.

Prashant Shinde
                        [protected]

Standard Chartered Bankfraud billing done

Dear Bank,

Let me be very sorry for Using the unparliamentarily Language if any. As bank officials are doing the same from past long with me over calls.
                      Even there is never a proper reply from Bank Officials over my case for last more than 4 years.

TO Provide the Brief of my case
                      1. It started well back in 2007 where in i took a loan of Amount Rs 210000/- (2 lakh 10 thousand only) and a loan amount of Rs 84000/- in June 2007 wheren already i had a loan account no [protected] with running a dial up loan upto 08/12 payments already cleared up and first Installment with 01/36 was applied on 29-05-07.

2. In the Next Billing Cycle ie. Jul 2007 the SCB has Applied 3 Description into my account ie. [protected] with VIsa Gold for ROYAL SUNDARAM for Rs 9662/- which i have never applied for and also the VIsa GOLD credit card which i never accepted or asked for.
                      second [protected] with Master Gold having processing fees for DIAL up LOAn amounting to Balance Rs 1416. THIRD one [protected] with 4 EMI's Which i dont know what is it for as i have got cancelled the ROYAL SUNDARAM PREMIUM then why the hell they have shown the amount in the statement. other 3 is also under scanner, i dont know properly whether i have taken loan or not BECAUSE in place of me, bank itself have drawn that amount.

3.Again in September 2007 SCB have ROYAL SUNDARAM into my Statement, i wanted to know the Reason when i have cancelled the Insurance then why the hell, you F****** apply it again and again into the account this amounts to Rs 6739/- again the same amount is divided into EMI of 24 Months.

4. In October 2007 Statement Bank Again Applied a ROYAL SUNDARAM insurance of Rs 12775/- and refunded me of cancellation of ROYAL Sundaram a sum of Rs 665/-, i wanted to have the Voice Clips if any for accepting the ROYAL Sundaram Insurance by BAnk. As I have never accepted the same. Also as per Bank officials over Customer care asked not to pay as they will cancel the same and it will be highlighted in the next statement cycle. but instead they have applied the late fees, interest and service tax.

5. In Jan 2008 statement bank has shown the TITANIUM CARD with no [protected] which i have never applied and doesnt have provided it in writing also. the amount is Rs 3370/-. this same game was played by bank for statements till june 2008 whereas i have cancelled the TITANIUM Card in Feb 2008 but bank didnt refunded my amount and cancelled the Card also.

6. When i strongly apposed the same in June 2008 then the bank stopped the EMI and Demanded for full amount in August 2008 statement. Whereas i Constantly paid the EMI amount which amounts to Rs 10000/- MOnthly till april 2009 as per my EMI Installment for the Loan Amount.
                      I also Wanted to know the Reason for Refunding the amount of Rs 2000 Instead of Rs 3500 For Cancellation of Titanium Credit Card.

7. Also to mention when i have cancelled the ROYAL SUNDARAM Insurance before time so why the hell bank has refunded the half amount, and as per the rule and regulation i was supposed to get the full refund of the amount without any penalty such as interest or service tax on it, as applied by bank.

8.If bank can see and have Specs then please have a look at the amount calculated on AUGUST 2008 calculation as Dial Up Multiplier as
                      a. 12/24 - Rs 3937.32
                      b. 14/36 - Rs 57894.37
                      c. 15/36 - Rs 139265.26 for which total comes out to be Rs 201097
                      and in Dec 2008 the SCB has Shown the same amount being credited to my amount for the loan amount such as
                      a. Rs 3937.32, Rs 57894.37, Rs 139265.26 which is same as in August statement but i have paid the amount as per my interest, bank should have deducted the same amount from the above amount
                      also started a new calculation with 01/13, 01/23 and 01/22. so in this case if i take already paid the amount of Interest per month which bank has forgot to mention in the statement and also as a proof i have in Bank Statement. Also to mention when the F***** have cancelled the Royal Sundaram Insurance then why the hell the Bank still continues with the EMI for those Premium.
                      to continue further tif i have paid 12, 14 and 15 payments till August 2008 then Dec it comes out to be 16/24, 18/36 and 19/36. I have paid Rs 40000 in 4 months as per my statement so bank should have deducted the same amount from the August 2008 statement amount and in Dec 2008 the amount will come out to be Rs 161097. but Instead bank has applied the same amount as in August 2008 for the repayment, so wanted to know the reason for Rs 40000/- fraud by Bank.
                      when according to my calculation the payment was made and the difference between the installment comes out to be as follows:-
                      Dec 2008
                      a. 16/24 - difference of 8 Installment which i need to pay whereas bank has shown 01/13, so don't you people know the Maths calculation for does have any CA to your Bank.
                      b. 18/36 - difference of 18 Installment instead of 23
                      c. 19/36 - difference of 17 Installment instead of 24.

9. As per all records the Loan Installment should have finished for 16/24 in Dec 2008 by August 2009 but Bank continued the same by Dec 2009. which is pure case of Fraud by Bank.
                      also for further Installment for 19/36 in Dec 2008 should have finished by May 2010 but bank continued it till Sep 2010. i dont know the reason for the same.
                      last Installment for 18/36 was for Jun 2010 but bank did it till October 2010.

The same documents have been provided to Employees of bank who it turn provides the F*****G Assurance that the same will be rectified at the earliest.

10. I have again Taken a Loan of Amount Rs 90000/- on 31st March 2010 of amount Rs 90000/- for 24 months if applied the installment commencement from April 2010 it will last till March 2012 for which i have made a payment till March 2012 as per Card statement and Bank Statement. for which i have provided the documentary proof to useless Employees of Standard Chartered Bank.

11. Rest of the Amount what F****G Bank is doing for someone has deposited in his own account. So Look into the matter and Clear all the pending amount and if required send a senior Official of Bank which his ID card and Proper Documents so that we can share with him all the Documents and Clarify.

I know Very Well, You People will not Respond to this as bank has done a Fraud and they didnt even care in replying back the mail sent to bank. as i have encountered the same behavior earlier also.

DO THE NEEDFUL AT THE EARLIEST AND CLEAR ALL THE DUES BEFORE I MOVE FORWARD TO TAKE ANOTHER STEP.
                      ALSO DON'T THREATEN ME BY CALLING AT MY NUMBER AND ABUSING ME FOR KIDNAPPING AND MY LIFE AS DONE IN PAST ENCOUNTERS.

Regards,
                      Anil

Standard Chartered Bank / Credit Card, Internet Banking, Accountworst customer service possible

Hi,

I just want to share some of this frustration and anger I have experienced at the hands of Standard Chartered Bank Pakistan over the past 2, 3 months. I have been a customer of this bank for more than 10 years, utilizing their credit cards, loans as well as maintaining my account at this bank. Given this history, I am amazed at the way they have been treating me and am absolutely frustrated that there is no way I can bypass their STUPID and NON-PROFESSIONAL customer services division and access some high-up who actually knows how to treat a customer and has the authority and sense of responsibility to provide me a solution. Issues being faced are trivial (listed below) and that makes it even more frustrating that I had to spend countless minutes over phone, make several visits to their branches and write to their complaint management unit several times - still, there is no solution to the problem yet and every time I get back to them, they start treating it as a new complaint and do not even have the reference of previous complaints I have made!!!
                        1. I simply want to link my credit card and bank account with each other.. however, due to some STUPID INTERNAL ISSUES the bank has not been able to process my request for more than 3 months.
                        2. I recently changed the credit card I was using and got a new one. By mistake, they gave me the wrong type of credit card. I requested them to change the card type and they simply responded by saying "it is not possible". I am amazed as to how they are forcing their USELESS products to customers by CHEATING them.

My suggestions to their management:

1. There needs to be some mechanism that a complaint gets escalated to the next level IF it has not been solved for a certain period of time above their service level commitments
                        2. The bank must NOT bother the customers with their internal issues. The customer cannot care less of which the internal policies and procedures are and just wants his/her issue solved!
                        3. Their are countless banks offering credit cards with same terms & conditions and services. IF the bank cannot even show this minimal flexibility of converting the card "type" (with same markups and limits), HOW THE HELL THEY EXPECT TO RETAIN THEIR CUSTOMERS!

Absolutely pathetic experience. My suggestion to anyone who is NOT yet a customer of this bank, please do not become one.

Junaid