Menu

Home Depot - inexperienced installers

R
Author of the complaint
9:20 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Home Depot offers delivery and installation services of appliances. Do not use Home Depot's "service." They contract with Spirit Delivery to deliver and install the appliance. This company uses inexperienced movers and installers. They actually dropped our dishwasher getting it off the truck, which damaged the unit, and we refused delivery. To get another unit took 5 days to order and deliver. This crew punctured the drain hose during the install. Spirit refused to cover the damage and said we had to order a new hose through Samsung - even though Spirit installers damaged the line. After hours on the phone with Home Depot, Spirit, and Samsung, this hose takes 8 more days to arrive. After several more hours, finally, Home Depot hired an actual dishwasher installer to come and fix the problem. DO NOT USE SPIRIT DELIVERY. They are inexperienced, clumsy, and do not take any responsibility for their mistakes. We ordered our dishwasher on Nov. 11 and it was not fully operational and usable until Dec. 12 due to the incompetence of Home Depot and Spirit.

Helpful? 0 0

More Home Depot complaints & reviews

3 comments
P
Dec 14, 2021 9:20 am

Ordered new stove. Day before had gas line checked and was fine (have report to prove it). Next day old stove moved to prep for new one, but new stove damaged so denied delivery. Called myself to start replacement. When replacement delivered they refused to hook it up saying shut-off wouldn't work and gas line was leaking. (mind you 2 1/2 weeks before nothing wrong but old and still in great shape for age according to professional). Got nasty with my mom who was there, and when I told her I was on my way from work they packed up truck and left. No one can explain why they were going to switch it out before and now won't. I called delivery company but they just hung up on me, and Home Depot couldn't help. I paid to have it installed when delivered and paid to have old one hauled away, Neither of which was done. I now have to pay someone else to install and I don't know what to do with old one. Probably pay city to come and get it. One word...WORTHLESS!

C
Jul 03, 2015 9:20 am

Company is a joke. Delivery between 4 and 8. Call at five they can't give an ETA. Then call a little before 8 to see what's going on and I sit on hold for over ten minutes getting told I'm moving up the line for a representative only to find out their call center closes at 7. It's now after 8 no delivery no call nothing and I can't contact anyone until Monday if they don't show up. Will never purchase an appliance from Home Depot again because they contract with this company.

C
Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

I have had a very similar experience with Spirit Delivery and Home Depot. Unfortunately this is the only company they hire for their deliveries. I am running on my third attempt at a diswahser delivery because they are so irresponsible with their timelines and work commitment.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1794 complaints