SleepysNot Honoring warranty

L

I purchased a Miralux Splendor Plush mattress & box spring from Sleepy's 5 years ago. I spent about $2k all together for the mattress & delivery. The mattress had a 15 year non pro rated warranty, We thought this was great! We also loved the mattress it was everything we had hoped for it had totally cured my back aches. Well 5 years later the aches started up again & my boyfriend got to the point that he would sleep on the couch because it was causing so much pain, I knew the mattress had worn a bit but upon a close inspection it had 2 huge body prints. I immediately called sleepys to get someone to inspect the mattress for us, something has to be done this is totally unacceptable.

First person i talked to told me i was in collections with sleepys for not paying my mattress off! This was BS the mattress had been paid off in time for years. Well we got that cleared up after about 20 min. They told me that the mattress had to be sagging 1.5 in for it to be covered under warranty. After setting the inspection appointment i hit the web to see exactly how the inspectors measure the sags so i knew exactly what the out come would be & to make sure we met the requirements. I was really shocked to find all of the complaints about sleepys not standing behind the warranty. But I also was confident our mattress was really bad and would have no prob passing this 1.5 inch sag rule. After all it has been sagging for years and we just shrugged it off. Well I measured with a string and measuring tape and my boyfriends side was sagging almost 2"! my side was more like 1" I though no prob this will get passed there is no way that it could fail.

So on inspection day a women came and measured with the plexiglass measuring unit and a string. She took pics of her findings and told me we had made the 1.5" sag mark on my boyfriends side and and my side had only a .5" sag. I thought ok, well at least we still made the mark but the plexi glass unit they use to measure doesn't sit flat on the mattress, it has a rectangular flat bottom to get an accurate measure meant you would need to use a measuring tape, This is more like an estimate of how deep the sag it not an accurate way to tell. This is how they scam people, there measuring unit manipulates the real measurements! The inspector packed up her stuff told me you made the 1.5" sag and i would receive something in writing from sleepys within 10 days .

I got a phone call from sleepys today to tell me that my mattress was up to industry standards Now get ready to hear this... It was only sagging 1 & 3/8" !!! I told them they had to be kidding me what scam artists! I demanded another inspection, they are coming back out but i expect the same outcome. We have already purchased a new memory foam mattress and are sleeping well and it only cost $400. I am so disappointed with sleepys i will never buy anything from them ever again & I will make sure nobody i know ever does business with them as well! Buyer Beware!

• Ka
    Katherine Casey Feb 09, 2016

Sleepy's is a scam company. They will do anything to get out of standing behind their warranty. Our $2200 king size mattress has sagging springs after less than 1 year!! Performed their "official string" test that is required by the store and manufacturer. Which is just another way for them to stall for time and NOT an accurate way to measure the issue with the mattress. Pillowtops are made of foam, that springs back as soon as you release or get up from bed. The issue is with sagging springs, which cannot be measured. Sent in the photos with the string that does not show a 1 1/2 inch sag that is what they determine a warranty issue. The warranty claim was denied. They state that the photos need to show the sag of 1 1/2".
    Bottom line...DO NOT BUY FROM SLEEP'S...THEY ARE A SCAM MATTRESS COMPANY WITH AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Lj
    ljtosetti May 07, 2013

After posting this complaint sleepy's contacted me and gave me a $1000 credit towards a new mattress. I had already purchased a new mattress in the mean time but i went down to the showroom to get another mattress. once again they tried to pull a fast one by charging me extra for delivery and the box spring. i asked why i had to pay for delivery whenn if i purchased the mattress online it would be free? they told me they do things different in store. the sales women called her supervisor to see if they could work a deal on the shipping being on line they offer it for free with a $500 purchase and for a new box spring too, being my original purchase was for box & mattress. The supervisor said they would not include the box spring into my credit and that they could only give me a deal on delivery for $50 instead of $100. Being they wont let you use a credit online so you can get the free delivery i didn't want to loose out on my $1000 credit so i bit the bullet and paid for the delivery for a mattress i didn't even need. so the next day the mattress i purchased went on sale to include the box free! I called the showroom right away and asked them hoe could they make me pay for the box when they knew it was going on sale the next day and given my situation with them you think they would want to please me. They told me a had to call corporate there was nothing they could do for me.so I did, they gave me the run around, i talked to 3 different people in 3 different departments and they told me i should have called the show room which i did to begin with and they were of no help. Finally i got someone who was able to get the box included for free . I will never go back to sleepy's ever again, they try to pull one over at any chance they get. Beware and there mattress's are junk. I bought a memory foam gel mattress from overstock.com for $400 and i LOVE it. Don't over pay at sleepy's you will regret it!

• Pa
    paulieparrotbird May 07, 2013

I have to say that Sleepys has given me exceptional customer service and satisfaction. I had sealy pillow top for 5 years and it started to sag. Under warranty and inspection they replaced. However there was a hugh price difference, almost double, from what I paid. At first had issues because of price. I called home office and explained had 4 spine surgeries and needed good mattress but could not pay additional money. Sleepys let me pick the bef I wanted. Another sealy pillow top is what I picked. Six months later mattress felt like it was sinking. Inspector said defective pillow top material in upper portion of mattress shifted. Again price difference issues. I was not going to get another sealy. I picked serta but not pillow top. This was delivered today. It is iseries that just came out. Sleepys wanted me to pay 300.00 more but I could not afford. Supervisor was very nice and I only paid 100.00. I guess I have been lucky but hope this 3rd mattress holds up.