Stearns & Foster Logo

Stearns & Foster

Having problems with Stearns & Foster?

Stearns & Foster reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 14, 2007. The latest review Delivery was posted on Dec 28, 2020. The latest complaint Return policy was resolved on Dec 22, 2014. Stearns & Foster has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 36 reviews. Stearns & Foster has resolved 21 complaints.

Stearns & Foster Customer Service Contacts

One Office Parkway at Sealy Dr.
Trinity, North Carolina
Mon8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tue8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Wed8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thu8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stearns & Foster Customer Service. Initial Stearns & Foster complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stearns & Foster above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stearns & Foster. Discuss the issues you have had with Stearns & Foster and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Stearns & Foster Complaints & Reviews

Stearns & FosterDelivery

Bought a sterns & foster mattress on Nov 20. I have had the delivery date changed 4 times now. What a sad state of affairs for this company. You have had my money for 6 weeks now & I still don't when my mattress will be here. I paid $2257. 52 so you are collecting interest on it for 6 weeks & I have nothing. Can someone let me know what is going on.

Stearns and Foster — sf sonya leigh king and sf luxury #2 european pillow top cal king

I had purchased SF Luxury #2 European Pillow top mattress and adjustable base from JCP couple years ago. When...

Stearns and Foster King MattressDeep indentations (sinkholes) from day one wherever one sits or lays.

Purchased a king mattress one yr ago and from the day delivered it has sunk in wherever one sits or lays. Called the first business day to complain and tech was sent to "measure". Was only 3/4" impression!! DAY ONE!!
    One yr later ONLY 1" which FEELS LIKE ONE FOOT. We have to pull ourselves out of the bed and back issues have started.
    If corporate had to sleep on this (and MANY OTHERS LIKE IT), they would
    definitely resolve this issue.
    We only want a good mattress since we paid a lot of money for it. Would want a replacement, but want to sit on it before accepting it. Heard too many others go through this more than once. Store mattress was very different.

Customer service is not good at all.

Stearns & Foster — Voided Warranty

I purchased a Stearns and Foster Mattress in 2012. the mattress was $2179. I thought that the quality of the...

Stearns & Foster — Return policy

I purchased a mattress and Box springs totally $1765.77 on 9-29-14. Went back the day after delivery of...

Stearns and Foster Mattressbody indentations

We purchased a Stearns and Foster "Tanya" king set, flat top, from Value City and had it delivered in December, 2012. Within two weeks, body indentations were apparent. I flipped the mattress end for end and hoped for an equalization of wear. Instead it just worsened over the next two months. It became difficult to move on the mattress at night due to sinking into the cavity. Value City sent a technician to measure the depression. The inch and a half and two inch "holes" qualified us for a trade in. We're going to try a Temperpedic memory foam bed and hope for more durability. We commend Value City for standing behind their products, but we do question what has happened to mattress quality. Our old mattress never sagged even after 23 years of use!

Stearns & FosterQuality

Haverty's is a very nice store. We have purchased many pieces of furniture and have open credit with them. My complaint is about the quality of Stern & Foster matresses.
        We have purchased 2 mo ago one in Macys, a King S&F matress plush. After 3 days sleeping on it we have to call Macys and they oferred to send an inspector to evaluate the origen of our complaint. The inspector conclusion was that because the sinking didn't reach the 5" the matress is not considerated, under the store guidelines, defective. Perhaps the matress was not firm Plush as we ordered. It was a Plush!!!
        Macys offered exchange the matress but, since the salesman was interrupted several times by his co-worker and his co-worker took the phone from the desk when were trying to complete the transaction, we end up standing up using another phone to activate the new card. Then when we got back to the desk his co-worker already was sitting in there and using the computer & phone!! After 3 hour in the store we couldn't wait any more for the other salesman to finish what he started on the desk we supossed to finish the transaction, we left after our salesman told us he will complete the transaction and mail the receipt next day! He didn't disclosed their return policy at any time and we were so tired already that we forgot to ask!
        We decided we don't want to goback to Macys and dispute the charges. Which apparently we have not been charged as of yet.
        After this experience we decided to go go back next week to Haverty's where we know they are very helpfull. Effetively we had a great expereince with the salesman and after a great expereince trying matresses we end up again with S&F !! It has been only a month and we have turned our matress clock wise 2 times because the same reason:We sink in the matress, body print and uneven look on the matress. We each end up sleeping a the edge of the bed or trying to take the midle to obtai relief. Talk to Haverty's and they will send an inspector to evaluate again ! :(

• Ra
            RarelyComplain Dec 18, 2012

When it comes to mattresses these days, name brand or not, they are pretty much all the same (as you have found out). The box frames are just plain flimsy and so, in a best case scenario mattresses are throw away after 3 or 4 years. So in the future, just stick to cheap. You'll get the same mattress. Most importantly, make sure your bed frame has good central support (lots of strong slats and/or a leg in the middle as some frames have) because they all require this these days or the whole thing just sags - even the name brand ones. I've already been through this and I weigh only about 150 pounds. A delivery guy explained this to me. I think he was right.

• Ti
            Tim and Pilar Holmgren Dec 16, 2012

Haverty's is a very nice store. We have purchased many pieces of furniture and have open credit with them. My complaint is about the quality of Stearn & Foster matresses.
            We have purchased 2 months ago one in Macys, a King S&F matress plush. After 3 days sleeping on it we had to call Macys to complain and find a solution. Macys oferred to send an inspector to evaluate the origen of our complaint. The inspector conclusion was that because the sinking didn't reach the 5" the matress is not considerated, under the store guidelines, defective. Perhaps the matress was not firm Plush as we ordered. It was a Plush!!!

Macys offered exchange the matress but, since or first expereince purchasing the matress at the store was that the salesman was interrupted several times by his co-worker and his co-worker took the phone from the desk we were trying to complete the transaction, we had to go to another station to use the phone to activate the new card. Then when we got back to the desk his co-worker already was sitting in there and using the computer & phone!! After 3 hours in the store we couldn't wait any more for the other salesman to finish his business at the desk and computer where the transaction was in process and we supossed to finish the transaction. We left after our salesman told us he will complete the transaction and mail the receipt next day! We didn't have the time or the opportunity to dicuss or the salesman to disclose their return policy and we were so tired already that we forgot to ask!
            We decided we don't want to go back to Macys and we'll dispute the charges, which apparently we have not been charged as of yet.

After this experience we decided to go back the following week to Haverty's where we know they are very helpfull. Effectively we had a great expereince with the salesman and after trying matresses we end up again with a king Cinthia Set firm plush Stearn & Foster!!

It has been only 3 weeks since we got our matress and we have turned tlock wise because the same experience we had with the one we purchased in Macys :We sink in the matress, body print and uneven look on the matress. We each end up sleeping a the edge of the bed or trying to take the midle to obtai relief. Talk to Haverty's and they will send an inspector to evaluate again ! :(

Comments

Stearns and Foster — Warrantee

I purchase a S&F Sunshine Estate King mattress. After a few years, rotating every couple of months, I found...

Stearns & Foster — Lux Estate Lucille

Bought brand new Stearns & Foster Lux Estate Lucille- Plush Euro Pillow Top mattress, paid $3300, and it i...

Stearns and Foster — Kingsize mattress

I purchase a kingsize mattress in 2009 Stearns and Foster, on each side the mattress where we sleep it leave...

Stearns and Foster Mattress — Failure to Honour Discount

Upon entering the store a sales associate greeted us with a "Flip it to Win" card. We flipped a 30% coupon...

Stearns And Foster / Sears — Deceptive warranty

Sears and their product Stearns and Foster matresses proide very deceptive warranty. I spent lots of extra...

Stearns Bank — Stay away

I worked for an Insurance agency (Moody Ins. ) that was owned by Community National Bank (now Stearns Bank...

Stearns & Foster/Kimberly — Horrible Bed

Bought this mattress 2 months ago and it is horrible!! Paid money for a top of the line mattress we can not...

Stearns and FosterMattress has no integrity!

We purchased a king size Stearns and Foster top of the line mattress 13 months ago from a reputable furniture chain for over $2, 000.00. The mattress has formed two craters with a moutain in-between my husband and me. It's like sleeping in a cup. I could no longer ignore it when I had a wonderful night's sleep in a hotel, and then dreaded coming home to my own bed. It's been a real live nightmare. My husband said the bed isn't fit for bedbugs!

• Po
              pobarjenkins May 02, 2011

I'm sure your mattress has some sort of warranty? Have you contacted your store of purchase or manufacturer? You may be able to exchange for something else.

• Sl
              Sleepless in NJ May 01, 2011

Same experience. Mattress is garbage after one year. We are sleeping in sink holes!

STEARNS $ FOSTER — MATTRESS

Within a few weeks of purchasing a $1700. Stearns and Foster pillow top king size mattress from a Mattre...

Stearns and Foster — hole in the middle

I too purchased top of line stearns & foster, the plaza, manhattan reserve, queen size, 2 1/2 years ago, I am...

Stearns & Foster — Buckingham Mattress Sags

We purchased a Stearns and Foster from a reputable department store for about $1200. We thought it was a good...

Stearns and Foster — horrible mattress

In 2008 we purchased box springs from ennis furniture in Boise Idaho. This is a top of the line store and...

Stearns and Foster Mattress — strong chemical odor makes my eyes burn

On 7/21 Sears delivered to us a Stearns and Foster mattress we selected by lying on it in the store. We also...