Having problems with InterRent?

InterRent Customer Service Contacts

+44 207 862 1732 (United Kingdom)
+27 70 227 007 (Belgium)
+385 52 390 078 (Croatia)
+354 595 8080 (Iceland)
+370 52 503 420 (Lithuania)
+389 78 339 911 (Macedonia)
+351 211 451 381 (Portugal)
+40 374 004 057 (Romania)
+386 30 611 178 (Slovenia)
+59 826 010 531 (Uruguay)
James House, 55 Welford Road
Leicester
United Kingdom - LE27AR

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with InterRent Customer Service. Initial InterRent complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for InterRent above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about InterRent. Discuss the issues you have had with InterRent and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dec 09, 2020

Interrent — Charged for damage I didnt do

I was renting a car in Tenerife at Tenerife airport south from Interrent from 20.11.2020 to...

Interrentupgrade charged but not asked!

I rent a car from the 17th to the 24th December and I got this gift!
I had booked an AA category and they cheated me when they did an upgrade that I did not ask.
This was my complain to Economy Car Rentals, but they did not help me.
Grupo tarificado AA means that I have to pay for AA even if I have other cars. And I did not ask any other cars anyway. If they did not have a little car this does not mean that I have to pay for a Ferrari for example. They should give me a free upgrade, and they should let me know that I'm having an upgrade.
Furthermore I did not ask any fast return system. I just left the car with full tank and I waited there when they checked my car. And I had to pay also for this.
I worked for 5 years in a rent a car company in Fiiumicino airport in Rome, and I never cheated a client like they did.

Jan 07, 2020

Interrent — overcharged when collecting my hire car

Booking Number: ES490823800, Tenerife South Airport.. My flight to Tenerife on 12/12/2019 was delayed by two...

Dec 05, 2019

Inter Rent — disputed damage to my hire car.

I am writing to you in an official capacity with regards to the alleged damage to a car that I hired from...

Interrentdeposit

Hired a car 6th of October to 13th girl said the deposit & fuel money would be back within 4 days it wasn't waited a week and phoned up they said would definitely be back in account by 23rd of October it wasn't have phoned again today 9th of November they told me to email customer services as the number I phoned was for rentals I looked for customer service number and it was the same number. They were quick enough in taking the €4 out for the tolls I want my deposit etc back apart from all of this the experience I had in getting the car car I turned up at 9:15 the girl there said I couldn't get it until 10 so went away then rejoin the queue at 9:40 it took till 11:30 get the car then had to wait for them to go over it we eventually got out the Airport at 11:50 we could have got back to the UK by then wouldn't use this company again

Nov 07, 2019

Interrent — scare tactics to buy additional insurance and forced paid upgrades

At the arrival at the airport, we were told they had no available ford Fiesta (our initial order) and the...

Interrentextra charges without asking and no reaction at emails anymore

At Malaga Airport we were tricked into additional insurances (not discussed, not explained) and yes we did not read the Spanish contract we were presented well enough (admit that), however not being mentioned about it assumed to be paying a deposit. Afterwards at home it becomes clear it was no deposit but additional charges. After opening an incident we just got basic response sales rep would always give us an option for extra insurance or deposit. So just making conclusion too bad for you. After that zero response is given to any email contact.

Nov 01, 2019

Interrent — car hire at fiumicino airport

Today I was nearly 5 hours late picking up my car (prepaid through AutoEurope UK) from InterRent's Fiumicino...

Interrentdid not received the deposit money back

Goog afternoon,
        I rent a car from your company for 7 days, the same as our colleges from Lithuania. Just they took better car CC type, and we took AA type car. We both took full insurance, but we need to pay 235 euros and they there asked to pay 180 euros for the same service. So I want to ask why the prices are so different? they took a car just before us, and we were so surprised. The customer lady said that about all questions we need to text You. Also, the customer lady write us down (I have her written paper available and can attache the photo if You need this as a proof) that the price for full insurance is 235euros. But we paid 309 euros in total. She said to us, that other amount of money will be return us and it was a deposit for the fuel. But today we received just 52 euros, wich is not as she told us. Why we need to pay more for fuel? We left the full tank. So we overpaid comparing to our Lithuanians friends and even did not get the prices we discussed with the counter lady.

Interrent[protected]

Hi, I paid for full insurance so all i had to do was return the car with full petrol tank.

When i returned the car the employee was aggressive and has since charged me for a full tank of petrol and labour for doing so.

I attach photograph of the payment to Total garage at Marseille airport for filling tank. please refund the extra charge of £111.30 which should not have been taken.

michael

[protected]

Interrentfinal invoice

I hired a car from your Bergamo Airport sight via Ryanair web sight for the 5th Aug for 7 days and I got a final invoice via Ryanair but it's in Italian and I would like a copy in English, so if you can sort this out please.

I have had some credit card charges from this car hire and I don't know what they are so that's why I need a copy of this invoice in English.

Contract No [protected]
            Client No [protected]

I have tried to send a request via your online portal but without success that's why I have had to send this E-Mail.

Interrentcancelled reservation

Meine Frau (M Mathies) und ich flogen am 11.10.2019 von HH nach Nizza mit Eurowings EW7428. Unterwegs gab es einen Notfall und die Maschine musste in Stuttgart notlanden.. Weiterflug nach Nizza war dann um ca 17.00 Uhr und Ankunft um etwa 18.40. Ich rief daher bei Interrent an, um mitzuteilen, dass unser Flug verspätet ist damit die Buchung bestehen bleibt. (siehe Anlage) Nach Ankunft in Nizza gegen 18.30 war unser Mietwagen annuliert (no/late show..)! trotz Anruf meinerseits, dass wir verspätet sind! Die Buchung und Vorrauszahlung von 90, 34€ waren weg (Zahlung an Carrentals.de - siehe Anlage) UND wir mussten einen neuen Wagen mieten für 250€. Verlust insgesamt 250€.
              Trotz vermerk im System zur Verspätung durch meinen Anruf lt Anlage und stundenlanges diskutieren mit Intererent (Carrentals war am Freitagaben telefonisch nicht erreichbar) keine Einsicht bei Interrent. Nie wieder Interrent! Eine angemessende Entschädigung ist angebracht! Zumindest meine 250 € Mehraufwand durch einen neuen Mietvertrag bei Thrifty.
              Danke

Peter und Melissa Mathies

cancelled reservation
              cancelled reservation

Interrentwarning! interrent car rental alicante

This [censored] carrental withdrew me of 420 euros after bumps that where not there. I had photos of the car when I delivered it back with no damages. I asked them at the front office to take a look at the car when I returned it, but still they assured me it was ok as I said there was no bumps on it! I insisted they would go and have a look but she said they did not have time and told me to go because it's ok she said.

STAY AWAY from Interrent in Alicante!

Interrentcar rental

While on holidays in Sicily we placed an online order for a car rental at the Palermo Falcone Airport in Italy for October 5th for pickup at 11:00 AM. The order was through the rental company Interrent under the Booking Number‭ [protected]. We paid the fee with our credit card in advance over the internet.

When arriving to pick up the vehicle the lineup at the combined Goldcar/Interrent stand was extremely long. We got into the line up at approximately 12:20 PM and after the wait time of nearly 2 hours we reached the counter. At the counter we were told that after 3 hours have passed our reservation for the car is turned into a no show and our reservation/conformation is closed and we are charged a no show fee. We did not receive a vehicle and did not get our fee returned.

While at the airport we called the service help line a twice to ask them about our reservation and reopen our confirmation as we were there to pick up the vehicle. During the first phone call we were hung up on when we tried to turn the call over to the service person at the desk we had just dealt with so they could explain how long the line up was and why would could not pick up the vehicle in the 3 hours. On the second call we got the phone to the local representative but were told both by the people on the phone and in person that they could do nothing to reopen the reservation and that we would be charged the fee.

Reviewing the terms and conditions after this event we cannot find this 3 hour pickup limitation, in fact our review after this incident indicates that we would have until close on the day of the rental pick up to get the vehicle. We were charged our fee, and did not get the car after that amount of time waiting in line. We chose to take our business to another service provider after this event as we believed we were not treated fairly.

We would like a full refund of our fee and the addition costs of the alternate rental covered at Interrent's expense as we believe they unjustly charged us for the rental.

Interrentcharge made on credit card

€220 charge made on credit card without any advise what this was for? Contract number [protected] car picked up from Alicante airport on 14.9.19 and returned on 24.9.19.
                    Damage to front LH bumper noted by collection desk and photographed by desk on tablet prior to leaving car park. I also have photos recording damage on 14.9.19. Car returned with fuel tank also photographed so please advise?

charge made on credit card

Interrentcar hire cost in excess of that booked on the internet

Booked a car through InterRent online. Murcia 25th sept to 2 Oct 2019. internet Booking reference confirmation attached below pages 1 and 2. At airport the cost requested by the attendant was in excess of the amount shown on my confirmation. see attached below. They had added an extra - Mega Relax Cover 23.14€, two amounts for diesel 14.46€ and 68.60€, smart return of 0.83€ and a cargo Oficina of 20.60€ instead of 13.85€ as per my confirmation. I argued this with the attendant who said I was wrong and the new amount was correct.In the end I had no choice but to take the car since we had no other means to get to our holiday.

I should have paid 226.21€ plus an additional driver cost of 55.64€ and fuel to be refunded if the car came back full of 83€...totalling 364.85€...Actual amount charged 419.53€!!! Overcharge of 54.68€. please can this be refunded.

Colin Jenkins - email [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

Interrentlate deposit

Hi, my name is Laura Gheorghe and i rent a car from 13.08 till 28.08 in Italy Bologna airport.
                        My customer number is [protected]

I have an issue, they still keep my deposit of €91 . I tried to contact them, but i didn't receive an answer.

I've added some add blue €15 i still have the recipe as well and i would like to return my money

Now i ve checked my current balance and surprise they took £48 pounds.

I will attached a photo and i would like to return my money asap because is not normal to keep till now .

I would not recommend your company .

late deposit

Interrentdouble payment of hire and charged extra

I had booked a small car through Ryan air to be picked up at the interrent office in the Gran Canaria Airport building. Unfortunately I had forgotten the pin to my creditcard and we could not use the Ryan air contract. I had to take out a new contract with Interrent, which was extremely expensive and when we tried to drop off the car, they just took the keys and said okay. But, I then got an email at home with another bill saying that the car was dropped off too late and I was charged another Euros 42.80. We dropped the car off in the specified time and already on the plane when they said we dropped off the car. I did not receive a repayment of the Ryan air contract. This car hire cost us £ 378.39. I would call this daylight robbery. Kind regards A Woodford

Oct 02, 2019

Inter Rent — car rental

I reserved a car for 25/09 to the 02/10 (1 week). This was supposed to be a "Ford Focus or similar". On...

Interrentunauthorized credit card charges

We got ourself a car at Ibiza. At the pick up we noticed our car had some minor damage so obviously we filled in the form, both me and the employee signed for it and we were good to go. After our week we did bring back the car, checked the car together with the employee together with the filled in damage form. We got the confirmation that it was all good, no damage, no extra costs. We did sign again and left. Than all of a sudden I got an email a couple of hours later with a final settlement which said we got charged for €291 for the damage at the car for which we did fill in that exact same form earlier and which got signed for before. Noone at the customerservice is able to answer my questions and all they tell you is to fill in a complain on which they don't come back. Obviously I want the €291 which is being charged compensated.