Sears Service Departmentstove/range

O Aug 18, 2018 Review updated:

I was scheduled to have my stove/range serviced/fixed two weeks ago through my insurance Total Protect. After hours of dysfunction, he realized he didn't have the right part and the part he brought was defective. At this point, I have missed two days of work.

A new repair was set up for Saturday schedule for August 18th, as I told him I could not take any additional time off of work. I received a confirming the appointment between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on August 18th. I rerranged my schedule, again. At 2:00 p.m. I received a call from an auto voice indicating I would need to reschedule my service. I received no call from a tech.

I called Sears immediately. I spoke with your supervisor which was useless!!! I told I sat all day waiting for someone to arrive. She stated the tech wasn't available to come. What I don't understand is why I didn't get a call this morning and I could have kept my appointments. Secondly, why is Sears calling me at the end of my appointment? I am hot! Basically, she didn't care and wasn't going to do anything to correct the issue.

I can't believe Sears works with their customers in this fashion.

• Km
    Kmart 9459 Aug 21, 2018

This is the same with all technicians. Nothing anywhere is manufactured for easy or quick repair though occasionally you get lucky and everything goes right, but more often jobs run long, it's known that jobs run long so they often give themselves a cushion time to accommodate it, but then jobs run absurdly long and that's when you have to reschedule appointments. Last week, I'm a mechanic and had to replace my main drive pulley on my truck, this job is only supposed to take a couple of hours, however due to one stubborn bolt that I could get to break loose from the crankshaft and a my puller kit did't have the right pieces for my particular engine this job took 7 hours.