Menu

M
Author of the complaint
1:47 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've received ZERO response from Sears Customer Service:

I'm writing about a recent repair service I ordered for my Mom who lives in Sarasota, Florida (I live in NJ). While visiting her recently, we noticed the ice selector button on the front of her Kenmore refrigerator was indented, making it difficult for her to press. She is 87 years old and has dementia. We ordered the new part and paid $287.82 on 4/22/22 (charge receipt attached) for the part. When we ordered the part through Sears Repair, we also scheduled the installation, scheduled for 5/11/22 (yesterday). We were told that for a $99 charge, the Sears technician would assess the installation and call us with an estimate. We never received that call, and the tech charged my Mom $359.47 without our authorization. This is unacceptable.

We received several text messages regarding the scheduling of the service visit. We then received a call from the repair technician at 11:12 am yesterday saying he was at my Mom's house, but the person who lived there was not aware of the repair. Turns out he had the wrong address. We directed him to the correct address where my Mom was waiting. He reached there at 11:22 am, telling us he found the right address. We received no other call from the technician. At 11:51 (29 minutes later), I received a Visa alert for my Mom's account for a $359.47 charge from Sears for the installation (I receive alerts on all of her charges given her condition). There was no phone call from the technician with an installation estimate, even though he called 1/2 hr earlier telling us he was at the wrong house. As the customer who ordered the part and the repair, I made it clear that my Mom has dementia and all communication was to go through me. This never happened. The technician charged my Mom $359.47 for an installation that took less than 29 minutes (it takes about 10 minutes to get the Visa alert, so the install probably took less than 19 minutes). We NEVER would have approved that amount. We were never offered the $99 visit and estimate charge, nor were we told that the technician would install the part, nor was he given permission by me (the customer who ordered the part and the installation) to do so.

This, to me at least, is a technician taking advantage of an elderly woman, and not following what we were told would be the process for the repair. We are willing to pay the $99 fee we contracted for, but feel a refund of the $359.47 charge, which was NEVER AUTHORIZED by me, would be fair. Could you please provide us with a refund of $359.47 for what happened here? My Mom was crying when I told her what had happened. This is not the way to treat the vulnerable and elderly.

More Sears complaints & reviews

Sears - customer service department
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - poor quality product!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - terrible company!
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - it should be named the die easy battery
Sears - buyer beware/contracts changed
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Sears - slow posting of payment on account
Sears - did not receive item or refund
0 comments