Sears Home Improvementsgutters and soffits

M Nov 08, 2018

Got a 12k gutter and soffit project in August and our house was supposed to have new gutters and soffit and facia replaced and updated by early Sept. The products and boxes for project were delivered the middle of Sept. The sub contracted company came finally the end of Sept to tear off old gutters and soffit...leaving a huge mess of debris and nails and screws in my yard. My house sat exposed with insulation and bare wood to weather elements and Mother Nature for over a month before the contractors started putting on new soffit and facia. The contractors were unprofessional and worthless and rude. Complained about not getting paid because Sears is in bankruptcy and they wouldn't show up and when they did they did a half ass job in the 2-3 hours they spent at my house. All while leaving their trash and cigarettes all over my yard and tearing up my landscaping and breaking my landscaping lights, knocking off my shutters, leaving their ladders and tools all over my yard for weeks because they didn't show up...and having one of the 2 man crew sick and no show, while the other guy brought his what looked like junkie girlfriend over to sit on my roof while the guy attempted to do half ass work. My husband and I have talked to the district manager, project manager, sales guy, etc and have gotten nowhere with this project. It was supposed to have been completed by Sept 7th, then Sept 15th...then by October 1, then October 20th...well here it is Nov 9th 2018 and it's been 2 months...this project still is not complete!!! There are singles hanging off my roof and exposed wood that's rotting and gutters that still need put on. We are beyond pissed and frustrated!!! We will never have Sears do another contracted project again! So unprofessional, disrespectful, and the project that is done is half ass and looks like crap. Never again. I need to talk to someone higher than the district Mgr that I have a number for, cause this is ridiculous!! We have pictures of the half ass progress along the way and of the trash and debris in the yard and equipment tools and scaffolding that was just left for weeks...I have never been this disappointed with a well known company than I have been with Sears and this project.