Searscraftman tool lifetime warranty

D

I bought a lot of hand tools from Sears based on their lifetime warranty just in case something breaks and needs replacement. Well my Craftman rachet wrench (the one with a round knob used to drive small sockets) broke the other day and I took it to the Eastland Mall in Charlotte to get a replacement. The guys at the return counter said no way since they don't make them anymore. After an escalation to the department manager named Robin Carlton, she would not give me an equivalent wrench which consists of a rachet and an extention - instead offered me a small rachet wrench which does not do me any good without the extention. I refused to buy the extention from Sears and later bought one from Husky tool instead. It's only a few dollars to buy an extension rod but the experience left a sour taste in my mouth. The lengthy wait, the take it or leave it attitude of those Sears employees add to the fact that the Sears Craftman tool lifetime warranty is basically worthless. I was going to contact the Sears Customer Relation dept to complain but after reading the horror stories about them I've decided not to waste my time. Instead I've decided not to ever buy from Sears again.

Dean Tong

• Sc
    scooterdod Sep 02, 2008

just to let every one know that you are not getting a brand new tool if it breaks they have some one rebuild them so you are getting a used broken tool.

• St
    star Sep 22, 2008

thats not true! my x has found tools on the street, rusty and broken and taken them in ...no hitch! no questions, and as far as getting rebuilt ones, thats bull too...since you go to the shelves and get them yourself!!! :)

have a nice day