Sears — craftman tool lifetime warranty
I bought a lot of hand tools from Sears based on their lifetime warranty just in case something breaks and needs replacement. Well my Craftman rachet wrench (the one with a round knob used to drive small sockets) broke the other day and I took it to the Eastland Mall in Charlotte to get a replacement. The guys at the return counter said no way since they don't make them anymore. After an escalation to the department manager named Robin Carlton, she would not give me an equivalent wrench which consists of a rachet and an extention - instead offered me a small rachet wrench which does not do me any good without the extention. I refused to buy the extention from Sears and later bought one from Husky tool instead. It's only a few dollars to buy an extension rod but the experience left a sour taste in my mouth. The lengthy wait, the take it or leave it attitude of those Sears employees add to the fact that the Sears Craftman tool lifetime warranty is basically worthless. I was going to contact the Sears Customer Relation dept to complain but after reading the horror stories about them I've decided not to waste my time. Instead I've decided not to ever buy from Sears again.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund