Having problems with Sears?

Sears reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 19, 2006. The latest review Sears Stove 790.75239312 was posted on Jun 22, 2021. The latest complaint kenmore refrigerator was resolved on Sep 13, 2018. Sears has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 2514 reviews. Sears has resolved 939 complaints.

Sears Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 665 2127 (Sears Home Services)
+1 866 850 0518 (New Orders)
+1 877 550 9254 (Existing Orders)
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, Illinois

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sears Customer Service. Initial Sears complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sears above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sears. Discuss the issues you have had with Sears and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sears Complaints & Reviews

Searsformer sears appliance tech

I was a NYC sears appliance tech, over 11 years from [protected], first half was good training, I can fix anything,  Sears even had sent me to Chicago for advanced troubleshooting. But sears is very much divided with themselves,  routing, managers, customers, techs against one another, I seen managers
hate and quit their job,  technicians have no time to finish they route, 10 or 12 calls per day, half time just for driving, we must con and scam customers to buy washer magic solution and hurry up and get out to next customer, sears don't care about how much money techs bring in for fixing machines, only how many customers they get too, fast,  I'm now very satisfied that I don't work there anymore, I collected unemployment insurance for 2 years,
I still talk to my fellow techs. They
hate their jobs, I feel bad for them,
one tech died in customers house
other techs getting injured and sick,
new techs don't know what to do,
The genecide of sears imploding themselves.

• Sears's response · May 01, 2013

Dear truckdoc,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and frustration you have encountered with the repair service of your appliance. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team and we’d like to help get your repair issue resolved. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and put an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (truckdoc) and the phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] Again, we apologize and we hope to speak with you soon.
      Edwin C.

• Tr
      truckdoc Apr 27, 2013

Hey just had a tech here at the house. I feel for you the poor guys hands are tied and nothing he can do. called sears resolution center haw what a joke. Basically the same old run around. Your out of warranty a week ago and we can't do anything to help. LOL i work in the truck industry for a Freightliner dealership. We deal with warranty all the time. This is the kind of thing we look at and go damm that is just wrong. We policy this kind of stuff for customers all the time. When something breaks just out of warranty and it is a failure due to quality we cover it. Sears just says sorry here is your highly inflated bill for the some day we will get to to repair it, but we don't stock any parts we have to order everything. Oh and if you decide not to fix it we will still bone you with this really over the top inflated call out fee. So sorry for your experience I can just imagine how you feel.

Sears Portrait Gift Certificategift certificate non refundable do to them shut down

I received a gift certificate from a family member to sears portrait and was unable to take pictures and recently found out they shut down and so Im out of 164 dollars and I called customer service and they told me to go down to SearS and talk to one of the customer service and have them Call the manager and he told me they couldn't do anything about it couldn't give my money back because they do not have anything to do with their portrait because the money went to SearS poand couldn't even get me Store credit! do I get my money back??

• Da
        Daddylongstroke209 Apr 28, 2013

It doesnt matter if shes out or her family member is out its still some b.s. And brenda go change ur panties. I can smell ur stankin ### from here

Searssears repair services

This complaint is in regards to Sears Repair Services. The first week of April 2013 I called Sears repair services to schedule an appointment for a preventive maintenance service check on my Kenmore washer and dryer. I was quoted by "John" a price of $39.99 for the service on the dryer and $75.00 for the service on the washer. The total came to $114.99. This was acceptable to me so I went ahead and made the appointment for April 11, 2013. The timeframe that they gave me for when they would arrive at my house was between 1 and 5. "John" gave me a confirmation number and a day before the appointment Sears automated system called to confirm the appointment. On the day of the appointment at 4:45 Sears automated system called to say that they were running behind schedule, but that they would still be coming out to perform the service scheduled. At 5:15 "Daryl", the actual repair technician called to inform me that he could not honor the price that I was quoted the previous week by the Sears Repair call center. He quoted me a total price of $184.99. I informed him that this was unacceptable to me since that is not the price that I was quoted on this confirmed appointment. He then said that he had to call his supervisor and would call me back. Within a few minutes he did in fact call me back to say that he could not come out and that he would have to cancel my appointment because they could not honor the price that I was given. I asked him to have his supervisor to call me or to give me the supervisor's number. He declined saying that his supervisor went home for the day. BUYER BEWARE: I took off from work and waited all afternoon to have Sears call me 15 minutes after the scheduled appointment time, not to apologize for being late, but to cancel the appointment because they could not honor the price that I was quoted by their own call center.

• Sears's response · Apr 15, 2013

Dear Sinkevitch,

Please accept our apologies for any inaccurate information provided to you at the time of scheduling your service appointment. We certainly understand the importance of providing correct information to our customers and we are saddened to learn that we have let you down. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and assist any way we can to rectify this situation. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Sinkevitch), to [email protected]

• Cw
          Cwmartin Sep 09, 2013

I am working through an almost month long odyssey which began as a treadmill repair. Sears service was useless, tech ordered the wrong replacement part which I had to pay for in advance. I've tried their customer call center line at least 10 times. The reps are reading from a script and promise that your complaint is being noted and you will receive a call or email. Never happens. If you ask for supervisor they put you on hold forever. I hung on for 20+ rings on one call and over 10 minutes of Muzak on 2 others before hanging up. Just received an email saying they would finally process my refund but I needed to call the same useless 800 number. I responded that she needed to provide me with someone's direct line as I have had enough of the 800 number. We'll see what happens next. Moved forward with dispute through my bank already. Maybe that will get their attention.

• Ga
          Gail Ann Jul 08, 2013

I am not at all surprised to hear about the inconsistencies of info you received from Sears. I have been going through a two week nightmare with Sears service and repeated requests to talk to a supervisor are denied. the menus on the phone system are no help when you need a supervisor. I was also put on hold and left for over 10 minutes. Service is beyond pitiful. I can see why Sears stock is going down so fast and people are choosing HHGregg and Best Buy.

• Si
          Sinkevitch Apr 23, 2013

Dear Trent A.,

I wanted to let you (and everyone else on this website) know that Amanda from Sears Home Services in Orlando called me last week to set up an appointment to have my washer and dryer serviced at the original price that was quoted. Yesterday Bill, a Sears service technician, came out as scheduled to perform this preventive maintenance and I was very pleased with the work that Bill performed yesterday on my washer and dryer and look forward to using Sears in the future.

Thank you.

-C J Sinkevitch

cc: [email protected]

Searsnot following contract as written

Dear mr. Mario,
        Thank you for your interest in my concerns. As previously stated, I believe the dispute with my contract originates from the contractor's error in his bid. The price he quoted me includes work that is clearly outlined and indicated in the contract wording. He now insists that the bid does not include some of the work that we agreed on. I cannot understand how this can be disputed. Nonetheless, he now declares that he has essentially underbid by $3000.00 after we have signed the contract, and I have paid a down payment. Work has not yet begun. It is my contention that he must honor the contract as outlined, or I must have the option of rescinding with a full refund of my down payment. I could not have agreed on the price he now insists upon, and would never have signed a contract for this new amount. It is simply not financially feasible for me.
        My hope is that sears will honor this contract, as I have always been thoroughly satisfied with sears products and services. Never have I had a problem with any purchase. I have remained a loyal customer for this reason. I will be heartily disappointed if my relationship with sears comes to an end in this manner.
        My job number is [protected]. The phone number associated with the contract is [protected]. I can be contacted at [protected]@yahoo.com
        I will look forward to your response,
        Marisa storke
        P. S. Noted below is an email I received from t. Hawkins where he is asking me for an additional $3000 to correct his mistake, as I read his email below.
        Hi marisa,
        You are correct. It is stated on the contract and that is why I sent this contract change authorization.
        For clarification: the edge treatment we agreed upon that goes around the whole counter top will remain unchanged. The coving is where the back splash meets the counter top and I mistakenly selected it while we were going through the contract.
        I am sorry for not being more specific on the last email.
        Thomas hawkins
        209.912.8437

Sears Proformtreadmill / #00624833000unresolved complaint to sears.com regarding layaway

I initiated an online layaways on 3/42013 and paid via MC $75.55 for the first payment. On 3/17/13, two days before the 2nd installment was due, I logged into my Sears account and was unable to make a payment, I waited two days and tried again, still unable to make a payment. Contacted Sears. Com and was told to wait 5 business days after the due date when the payment was OFFICIALLY late and then I would be able to make a payment. THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Called sears.com back and was referred to my local Sears store who referred me back to Sears.com since the layaway was initiated online. Called Sears.com back who called the store while i was on the phone, who stated they had no record of layaway. OH MY GOD. I'M GETTING A HEADACHE. Called Sears back on 3/28 spoke to Marjorie/mgr for online solutions. Marjorie aagreed to submit request to cancel layaway and refund full amount of $75.55. States that request would take 4-5 business days to process. CALLED Sears.com today (4/10/13) and was told by Trixie(really...not her name I'm sure) ANOTHER MANAGER, that request submitted on 3/28/13 was not completed because treadmill has not reached the store. WHAT THE F#@!K is going on. Does anyone at Sears.comhave brains. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CANCEL MY LAYAWAY CONTRACT AND REFUND MY $75.55 PAYMENT.!!!

• Sears's response · Apr 11, 2013

Dear Delisa Thompson,

My name is Trent and I am part of the Sears Cares Team. Please accept our apologies for the frustrations you have encountered with your online layaway. We would like the opportunity to speak with you and help resolve this situation to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, phone # used at time of purchase, and screen name that I have assigned to reference your post (Delisa Thompson), to [email protected]

Sears / Whirlpoolcustomer service

I have a nice Whirlpool washer model #WTW4950XW0 serial #C10632599 that was purchased on May 7, 2011. It stopped working & had to have repair work done on December, 2011 (about 6 1/2 months from the purchase) and now again March 20, 2013 it has stopped working again. I did NOT buy the extended warranty - after all - I have a NEW washer - & it should last years without need of repair - wishful thinking! I contacted the local Hometown store here in Waynesboro, MS - where I might add, I purchased a dryer, this washer, a Samsung range, a Bosch dishwasher, and a freezer, & most recently a nice big tool box. The first 4 appliances were purchased within a year & a half - anyway - I called the local store, & spoke with Kathy, the manager, (she is always the one we talk with & conduct our business with) I told her the problem & asked her if there was a reset on these machines & that we didn't purchase the extended warranty because after all the washer is practically new, she gave me a number to call & quickly got off the phone. It was a non-working telephone number - so I thought maybe the washer just needed a reset & I looked up a number for Whirlpool to see if a technician could help me & tell me if there might be something I could check - they were no help with anything. So I contacted Kathy (again) at our local "hometown" sears store & she pretty much just blew me off like it wasn't her problem & said "they" couldn't help me but gave me another number - last purchase ever from our "hometown" store. They should learn compassion & service AFTER the sale. I called the new number - by this time I am really unhappy with this product. After a couple of transfers & calls they agree to SELL me a 'one year service agreement' for $224.95. (Which I paid - still in shock that a washer less than 2 years old needs another repair) One year unlimited service calls unless the repair goes over $500 & at that time they would issue me a voucher for $500 to purchase a new washer @ sears. They set up the service call for March 28 - 8 days from the date I was finally able to talk to someone (I started my calls on 03/20/2013). It was explained to me they couldn't have anyone here before that date because they ONLY come to this area on Thursdays but they would arrive between 8 & 5 on the 28th. I questioned about the repair & whether they would have everything they needed to repair my washer & was told the repairman would have 'everything' he needed on the truck. He arrived (& is probably one of your best assets at this point) and began his determination of the problem. About an hour later he informs me he has to ORDER the part & it will ship directly to my home. He gave me instructions to call if it arrived on Tuesday or Wednesday so they could get my service call on the schedule for Thursday & then says - well 'they' have opened the whole second week of April for service calls & we discussed the company changing their 'Thursday only' policy. He also gave me two telephone numbers one to call in & establish a case on this product & another to call when the part arrived. I did call - I expressed how disappointed I am at having a new washer in need of repair twice in less than 2 years. She said all the generic things anyone in customer service would say - but said as soon as the part came in to call & gave me ANOTHER telephone number & said if the part possibly came in on Tuesday (which wasn't likely) they could send repair on Thursday. Well the part came in on Tuesday, April 2, 2013. At this point I've been without a washer for 12 days - good thing it is only me & my husband living here. I called the last number given @ 2:15 pm on 04/02/2103 & was told it would be Monday, 04/08/2013, before they could send someone - almost 3 weeks from when the washer stopped working! I was pleading for service because after all - they told me they come to this area on Thursdays & they told me if I called in & told them the part arrived on Tuesday they would get the technician here by Thursday. They said all the same junk about "so sorry, nothing we can do" & gave me ANOTHER number. I called it - Pensacola, FL - talked with a female receptionist & she transferred me to a gentleman & I explained I need this repaired as soon as possible - I have to pack on Monday to leave for 6 days & I have a ton of laundry by now. He sounded aggravated (I definitely know the feeling) and said he would contact the serviceman to try to make it happen & he would definitely call me back a little later & let me know about coming Thursday - I was so grateful & kept telling him thank you so much for helping me - that was 2:15 - Didn't get the call back. - I haven't heard a word from him since. No call back, no appointment, nothing. I did however, call again - same number in Pensacola, FL the receptionist transferred me to a nice female named Jolene. I again explained my problem & she told me they have me down for service on Monday! Totally ridiculous! She did say she would try to get routing to send a technician on Thursday (tomorrow) & said she will call me back. She never called back, however i did hear from Wayne on 04/03/2013. He said he contacted routing & they should be herr Thursday if not he would let me know & it would be Monday morning first on the list so they would definitely be here @ 8 am. Truth be told - I have lost faith in any of them returning a call. Thursday came - no repairman - so Friday morning I AGAIN call & talked w/Wayne. He told me they (routing/repair) didn't let him know they didn't come but he definitely had me down for 1st service call of the day on Monday, 04/08/2013 AND if they were not here by 10 or 15 minutes after 8 to call him. So imagine my lack of surprise when no repairman arrived by 8 or 8:30 or 9 or 10. I did call & after letting the number ring after about 15 or 20 times the receptionist answered at which time I requested to speak to Wayne & when she transferred me to Jolene (who never returned my call from a week ago) - so I ask for Wayne - again to be told he is busy & do I want to hold & I said yes. Wayne answered quickly & at this point he knows me by my first name! He seemed surprised repair wasn't here said he would check & call back. He did - said he told routing that apparently they don't read their notes & they had moved my service call to 3:30 but he had again asked the repairman to re-route to arrive here next. At this point I am losing my 3rd day in less than 3 weeks - waiting. This is completely disgusting. Another day wasted on waiting for repair on a washer leas than 2 years old. I have always believed in shopping at home. And I have always believed in Sears & the products they sell & most importantly their service after the sale. But this experience has changed all of that. We purchased 4 major appliances in less than a year and a half - from you - and we don't make a lot of money - our income is minimal - but we are done. We won't ever purchase Whirlpool appliances again & we won't shop Sears. The kind of 'pass the buck' we have experienced has done us in. We will drive 60 miles north to Lowe's & purchase any new appliance (they price match) AND pay only $109 for a 5 year service agreement for all parts & labor. Your company is only as good as the service you provide after the consumer has purchased a product from you. And your company is lacking in compassion, dedication to their customers, and training. Every person I talked with told me a different story. Now - you may delete this, or laugh about it, or roll your eyes, or even make a derogatory comment out loud or under your breath - but it won't change the fact you have lost a customer. And if I was a betting person I would imagine you have lost many over the past few years because of customer service. I hope you use this letter as a way to better train your employees to better serve your customers. But for me - I'm done. I just needed an honest answer and a product I spent hard earned money on to be serviced in a timely manner. Epic failure. Tandi Fontenot

• Sears's response · Apr 08, 2013

Dear Tandi Fontenot,

Hello, my name is Trent, I am with the Sears Cares Team. We are so sorry to hear of the frustrations you have encountered with our repair service. We can certainly understand how inconvenient and frustrating it is, to be without a working washer and waiting for our technicians to attempt repairs. We would like to assist you any way we can, in resolving this situation to your satisfaction and as quickly as possible. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Tandi Fontenot), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected]

• Sears's response · Apr 09, 2013

Dear Ronzola,

It truly concerns us when we hear things like this said about the products we sell, or the services we provide. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I saw your post, and wanted to reach out to see if we could be of some assistance. While it is true that any product with mechanical parts has the chance to fail, when these failures happen, it is our opportunity to show that customer why they chose us to buy from. We are so sorry that your washer repair was handled in this manner. As you stated above, post-sale customer service, is just as important as the customer service we provide prior to the sale. If not more so, as it reinforces why you made your purchase with Sears. We would like the opportunity to make this situation right by you, and show you that we do appreciate your business. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Ronzola), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Brian S.
                Sears Social Media Support

Sears - KenmoreTerrible customer service re: refrigerator with manufacturer's defect

My husband and I spent many hours (mostly on hold) trying to resolve a major problem with a Kenmore refrigerator that is just over a year old. We called the Sears Repair, Parts, Home Service number, the Resolution Hotline, the Kenmore Products & LG Refrigerator Rework number, the Recall number in Austin, Texas, and the local Sears store in Wasilla, AK where we purchased the refrigerator. We were told during each call that the number we reached was not the one to deal with our issue.
              We purchased a Kenmore Top Mount Refrigerator (Serial Number VS 142 64500, Model Number 106 [protected]) on November 26, 2011. We began using it in late January 2012. The lower portion of the unit seemed to be a bit on the cold side so we kept adjusting it downward. Food towards the back of the refrigerator occasionally froze (we figured it was blocking vents) but it wasn’t until early January of 2013 that we began to notice problems with freezer—food was partially thawing.
              By January 20th, the freezer and refrigerator both stopped working. The soonest a technician could come look at the refrigerator was January 24. My husband was home during the service call and was told when it concluded that repair would cost $958 for a refrigerator we paid between $500 and $600 for. According to the tech, the refrigerator left the factory with a fatal flaw: there was a bad solder joint that allowed the refrigerant to leak out, ruining the compressor and rendering the appliance nonfunctional.
              Each person that my husband and I spoke to said the same thing—the refrigerator was beyond the manufacturer’s warranty period (December 6, 2012) and we hadn’t purchased an extended warranty. We were then referred to another department and phone number that “maybe” could help us. Each time I provided the background of the problem and explained that this issue is not a manufacturer’s warranty or extended warranty issue. My expectation was that the Wasilla Sears store where we bought it would take it back, provide us with a replacement, and claim the defective refrigerator back to Whirlpool/Kenmore. The service technician indicated that there was a process to do this.
              I went into the Wasilla, AK Sears store and spoke with the appliance department manager and explained the situation yet again but all she could say was that we were basically out of luck because we were just outside of the manufacturer’s warranty period and we hadn’t purchased an extended warranty. She emphasized that Whirlpool is the manufacturer of Kenmore appliances, of which I am well aware, apparently implying that I should take up this problem with Whirlpool.
              While Whirlpool is the manufacturer (and I have contacted Whirlpool about this situation, so far with no response), the Kenmore and Sears names are on this refrigerator. Sears sold this appliance and was responsible for the customer service (or lack thereof in this situation) during this whole ordeal.
              We were contacted by a Sears Executive Offices case manager whose approach to our problem was to attempt to place responsibility anywhere but with Sears. Like some of the other Sears representatives we spoke with, she kept noting that the manufacturer’s warranty had recently expired and we hadn’t purchased an extended warranty. My response was that this was not a warranty issue (where minor problems are corrected during a specified time period), but a matter of an appliance with a major defect that was fated to stop working in a short time period. In addition, we never purchase extended warranties on the principle that any company pushing them has no faith in the quality of the product. A major appliance like a refrigerator should last 20 or more years.
              The rep's next tactic was to state that Sears doesn’t manufacture Kenmore appliances, Whirlpool does, implying that Whirlpool, not Sears, is responsible for this defective appliance. While this refrigerator obviously slipped through Whirlpool’s inspection and quality control procedures at the factory, I’ve worked in retail myself and know how such situations are handled. In the case of an item with a major defect, the customer returns it to the retailer from whom it was purchased. The retailer then returns and claims it back to the manufacturer, receiving credit for it, and provides an equivalent item to the customer or refunds the customer’s money—a win-win situation.
              It’s completely absurd to state, as the rep did, that because Sears doesn’t manufacture Kenmore appliances, it can’t be responsible for those that are defective. She said that I should look at it from a retailer’s viewpoint--Sears sells all kinds of things and that if Sears took back all defective items it would go out of business. It seems to me quite the opposite is true. The vast majority of retailers don’t manufacture any of the products they sell, including those they put their brands on, yet they do stand behind those products when they are defective, following the policy noted in the previous paragraph. It’s just good customer service by a retailer that plans to stay in business.
              The rep concluded by saying that she would do some further research into our issue, including contacting the manager of the service technicians to determine whether the technician who examined our refrigerator was a senior technician and whether someone else needed to look at it to verify its condition. A few days later she contacted me and said that the manager confirmed that the tech is a senior technician and that the problem was indeed in the closed internal system (a factory defect) and that further examination was not necessary. The rep, whose demeanor had been aggressive throughout, then added insult to injury by offering a 20% discount on the purchase of another refrigerator from Sears.
              After writing a second letter to Sears Corporate, I got a phone call today (3/29/13) and again, the best the rep could offer was a 20% discount on another refrigerator with one extra year of warranty! No wonder Sears has been closing hundreds of stores across the country. Sears customer service is terrible--take your money elsewhere. I see Sears going out of business in the near future.

Sears / Kenmore Elite DishwasherLack of customer service from Sears

In February of 2012, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher from Sears. In June of 2012, the dishwasher leaked water all over our 2 year old hardwood floors and sent a waterfall of water cascading into our basement. Sears sent multiple technicians to my home over the course of 2 weeks, all of them diagnosing different problems and ordering parts. All of the technicians claimed the last technician was wrong and had no idea what they were doing. After weeks of phone calls and debating with Sears, they finally agreed to replace the dishwasher with a new model. The model we had purchased was no longer available so we paid the difference to get an upgraded model. The final consensus was that the clamp holding the motor assembly in place had slipped and that is what caused the dishwasher to leak. Our hardwood floors were ruined and needed to be ripped up and replaced. After filing a claim with Sears' insurance company, our claim was passed on to Whirlpool's insurance company as they were the actual manufacturer of our dishwasher. We finally received a check in August of 2012 to repair the floor damage. We had our new dishwasher and felt all would now be fine. Unfortunately, the new dishwasher leaked water all over our hardwood floors and into our basement this past week. I immediately placed a call to Sears repair in order to get the issue fixed. The customer service rep that I spoke to informed me that he would just go ahead and order a new motor assembly for my dishwasher since it "sounds like it is the same problem" as our last dishwasher. It will take 3-5 business days to receive the part and then I need to call to schedule a service appointment. He did not feel it was necessary to even send someone to my home to ensure that this was the actual problem. Also, the notion of expediting the delivery of the part was foreign to the gentleman. He said that Sears does not have the capability to overnight parts to customers, it is impossible according to him. He said that Sears stands by its product and he is sure that it will be fixed with no trouble. Of course, the fact that I am again without a dishwasher for the second time in a year and that Sears would continue to sell products all manufactured with the same faulty parts is unbelievable to me. They stand by their product yet they have no concept of true customer service. Sears' Customer Service Reps have no idea how to address an issue that is not listed on their script. I could tell the gentleman I was speaking to was reading responses to me off of a list and not really trying to help me resolve my problem in a timely manner. There does not seem to be any regard to customer retention. I have been inconvenienced time and time again by the phone calls that I have to make to Sears to resolve problems. The number of hours I have spent waiting for technicians to show up at my home, I can never recoup. The icing on the cake being that when the "technician" finally arrives, they open up a laptop and have it walk them through the steps of how to fix the dishwasher. Only one of the 3 people Sears sent to my house actually was trained to service dishwashers. The other 2 were general technicians that had to be walked through the steps by a manual on their laptops. We recently replaced the other appliances in our kitchen, none of them with Sears' products. We will never purchase another Kenmore/Whirlpool appliance and we will never purchase another product through Sears after the terrible experience we continue to have in dealing with Sears and their customer service department. Two different dishwashers in the course of 1 year from the same manufacturer, it is appalling. Sears should be ashamed of the product they are selling. They should be instructing their employees to be of service to their customers, not continually inconvenience and frustrate them.

• SearsCare May 08, 2013

Dear Rosetta Bledsoe,
                    We apologize for the troubles that you’ve been having with the repair of your dishwasher. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We would like to look into this further and provide you any necessary assistance in getting this issue resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Rosetta Bledsoe), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you soon.
                    Edwin C.

• Ro
                    Rosetta Bledsoe May 02, 2013

I wholly agree!!! We are now in the mist of the same situation with Sears! We bought our top of the line Kenmore elite dishwasher 4/3/2012. I called Sears 3/22/2013.Only we have a way slower part Time! We have to wait 7-10 business days then wait again for the appliance repair people to come out. consequently we are on our second order of a part and third visit and it is 5/2/2013!!! I have called 3 times, deaf ears and yes never heard of expedited parts!!! We have all Sears appliances too. Will not again!!! Of course our nightmare has just begun! I am taking this up with Better business bureau now and getting my ducks in a row for battle. Thank you for this info as I know there's a bulletin but cant seem to get info on it, hmmm, why not!

Sears Roebuck and Co. — let go unfairly on my

Hi, My name is Keith Siragusa. I am 23 years old and I graduated from the College of Staten Island with a...

Sears Canadamisinsformed sales and poor customer service

I've bought a Freezer from them in the store on 12-03-2013, the sale never told me that I have to defrost and drain the old freezer prior to the delivery day, and when the guys show up today -15-03-2013 afternoon, the guy saw there still have very small amount or ice in there, they refuse to take my old freezer out and insisted that, the sale person would/should have told you that deflost is my resposibilty, so they just left my old freezer in my basement and my new freezer in my garage and told me 4 days later, they will send some other guys to come to remove the old freezer and bring the new one down for me, but I have removed all frozen food from my old freezer and unpluged it for a day (that's why it only have very small amount of ice in there), and the new one is sitting in my garage that in still in the original box, and can't move it into the house because it is very heavy and I can't start, so they just leave me like that, so I call the customer service to tell the my situation, but after a long talk, they told me there is nothing they can do other than advice me to put all my food ack into the old freezer and start it up again and wait till they show up 4 days later. I told them that when I bought this freezer, the sale person never told me to deflost it, drain it before they come, and I have no idea that is required, now the girl from customer service keep telling me that the sale person should have told me that, and said there is nothing they can do, not even escalate this issue or ask those guys come earlier...I called the sale person, he ask me to call custom service again, I call their store manager, they are not taking my call. That's why I have no where to go other than make a compliant in this site. I found first of all, their customer service is very poor, not helpful at all, second of all, the sales person should have told me all the things that I should have done prior to the delivery day during the sales, but he didn't. When your sales person selling an item to a customer, you are representing your company, so you should be responsible to what you have done and what you have not done.

• Sears's response · Mar 17, 2013

Dear Dyip,

We are sorry for your disappointment with our Canada Delivery team and we would like to offer you a the telephone number to adress your concerns.The telephone number for Sears Canada is [protected].

Dee M

Saralink Mar 15, 2013

Scam seller www.classywatches.net review:
                      the company took my money and sent me a tracking number which showed delivery to another person.
                      then they said they made mistake and sent me another tracking number, which again showed delivery to others a week later.
                      afterwards they stopped responding.
                      scam alert!!!

Searsfloor damage

i purchased a LG refrigerator from the Sears Outlet store in Willoughby, Ohio, My floor was damaged by the delivery drivers
                    and a water line wasn't hooked up correctly leaking water all over a brand new floor and was tore up by placing the old and new refrigerator on the laminated flooring without care.for the past 2 months i have been trying to call but only every time i call i get disconnect .
                    They gave me a claim number but never call me back!
                    Any one have any luck with these people?

• Sears's response · Mar 13, 2013

Dear Kelly,

We are so very sorry for the trouble surrounding the delivery of your refrigerator and for the damaged that was done to your home. This is something that we would like to look into to see how we can get this taken care of. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Kelly Powell), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch.

Sears Kenmore Elite — elite refrigerator 7724 error and recall

After reading the previous complaints and having a Sears repair house call made on my Kenmore Elite model...

Searsbathroom remodeling hell with sears

We chose Sears to renovate our bathroom. Sears is a big company, we thought they can provide good service and aftercare, .

What a mistake!. They've outsourced several different contractors. It was always difficult to have them on time and Sears didn't help much with arranging appointments – they didn't even get back to us sometimes.

The WORST part is they don't finish their job and we have an open ceiling for months–all we needed was to get the job inspected so Sears can seal the ceiling. Customer service rep. says they sent an inspector but we refused. I'm not sure why Sears didn't tell us an inspector was coming. She threatened me to pay the rest of balance or else they'll close the case and hand it over to an attorney but why should I when the job isn't done?

I had to schedule an inspector myself but Sears wouldn't send anyone to finish the job since they went "legal" on us already. Obviously, that was a threat/lie since I get a letter from their collection DEPT. on the day of their deadline for us to pay the rest of payment. Ridiculous.

Why does Sears lie? Why are they being so rude, inefficient, and unprofessional?

I'm so ready to pay for the rest when the job is done AND I want to have nothing to do with Sears ever again.

Searswithholding refund

Bought a stove and microwave from sears. $3000.00. Waited two weeks for installation. Finally had to call to find about it. Installer called and didn't know about my order. I had taken the day off from work and he was trying to switch days. He reluctantly came and made the installation sound so bad that I returned the items. I didn't want him to install. That was 2/22/13. 3/1/13 and still no refund. I called and have been lied to several times regarding my refund. No answer about when money will be refunded. Keep getting different phone numbers to call and different answers.

• Sears's response · Mar 07, 2013

Dear erothrock,

We are so very sorry for the experience with our installation and for the delay with receiving your refund. We certainly understand the importance of receiving your refund in a timely manner and we want to help with making sure this happen. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (erothrock), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected]

• Sears's response · Mar 07, 2013

Dear R Hicks,

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you have experienced with your stove and with our repair service. My name is Misty and I am with the Sears Cares team and we like to further investigate what has happen, and address to the best of our abilities. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (R Hicks), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected]

• Rh
                            R Hicks Mar 01, 2013

Today is another failed attempt at using my Sears Kenmore $1500 electric range oven. I've made 4 service calls since purchasing the range resulting in replacement of controller and heating element. How about the oven stop working on Thanksgiving morning! I have purchased a $30 GE toaster oven as a backup but today I needed to use the stove oven, but it wouldn't turn on. Its a touch pad design no knobs. I placed the service call but there was no sense of urgency from Sears. They have my money for the stove and I have a useless appliance. It is insanity that a customer with four major service repair calls for a stove is still struggling with it this appliance Sears should replace the appliance but refuse because I have not had four service calls within the same year. I explained that I stopped using the oven and started using my 30 dollars GE toaster oven that is why I haven't had 4 calls within the same year. isn't it enough that I've had 4 service calls to repair major parts on a 1500 dollar oven not to mention a ruined Thanksgiving. I am wondering would their executives receive the same service that I have received I am just the customer.

• The Lidman Foundation Mar 01, 2013

Because, that's why.

Sears Holdings Corp.cannot get my w2

I worked for this company in the past and signed up to get my W2 electronically. I can no longer access the site, as my password has become invalid.
                          When I try to contact them it is impossible and when I do reach someone they can or will not help me.
                          I had to file without it and want the world to know what a terrible place it is to work if you want to be able to recover your tax money.

Sears.comunauthorized charge

I was attempting to order a refrigerator, washer/dryer combo and a riding mower online when my husband stopped me and wanted me to through a salesman at the local Sears store, so I told Darrell whom I was on chat with that we were going to order the items in store. He ask if I wanted him to save the order just in case. I told him that would be fine but not to place the order. When I explained to my husband that the items were cheaper online, he then decided that we should order online. However, when I went back to online chat I was told that Darrell wasn't available and that he couldn't have saved the order because they weren't allowed to do that and that I would have to go through it all again at which I said no thanks. It was just too trouble doing this on chat. So I called them on the phone and placed the order. The person on the phone informed me that I would be better off ordering all the items together and save a delivery charge. So I did and placed them on our Master Card. Originally, I was going to put the appliances on my Sears account and the riding mower on our debit card. Little did I know that Darrell had placed the original order without my authorization and not only that, but he had charged it all to our debit card. When I went to check my email the next morning I got a shock! There was a message from our bank that we were overdrawn by almost $4000.00 So I immediately got on the phone with Sears to resolve the issue. At which time I was informed that they had only charged our credit card and would have to research it and make sure that my bank account had been charged and if it had that they would credit it back.However, they said that this process would take 10 to 14 days. Well, that wasn't acceptable, not when we were missing almost $4000 So I told her that I wanted to talk with a supervisor and she put me on hold and so it began. I spent the next 5 hours being given the run around, hung up on, put on hold forever only to be hung up on. Being told that they had only charged our Master Card and hadn't charged our checking account and yet my bank was saying they had. Eventually they agreed that our checking account had been charged as well as our credit card, but said that they couldn't put back before a week, then 72 hours, then 48 hours and then 24 hours. I became so frustrated by the whole thing that I told them to cancel everything. I believe that Sears must have the worst customer service and customer relations in the world!

Searsmonica manager @ sheboygan wisc.

I have spent no less than 4 hours dealing with "one source" corporate "one source', called corporate chicago for management called nordic trak first of all. And finally by an unbelievable pleasant accident i spoke with a manager, at the mayfair mall (I believe it was that site) .
                              I had not heard back from the manager, however, i know he had a lot of information to review about my concern. Therefore, i telephoned "one source" to see if anything had transpired since my last contact with them and there was not.
                              On monday 2 / 18 / 13 monica at the sheboygan wisc store was extremely unhelpful. Did not care one bit about my feelings and did not ask if i had callled one source (Of which one other employee there said to me that they do not give out that telephone number) . She kept repeating herself and did not care about what i was trying to explain about the problem and why i felt the unit should be picked up at no charge. . . And i also indicated liability about using the trademill that i purchased on or about feb. 7th a wednesday. She said have service look at it. I said it was set up correctly and it will not workout for me because my feet walk on the front frame of the unit. One word that i said was bull ### and she said if that is the way you are going to talk i will not continue this conversation. After a few more times of her repeating her same statement and me saying that she isn't listening and doesn't care. She walked away and i followed her and stated "you mean you're going to walk away'? She said " call service" and i said, "why don't you call service for me and i pointed to the telephone number on my slip. I stated "what can they do for me"? She stated i don't know when your avialable, and walked away. I did say, if you don't help me i'll report this incident to the bbb of wisconsin and she said don't threaten me. I said it isn't a threat it is a viable company in wisconsin. She finally walked away from me and absolutely "nothing was resolved" then all of a sudden laurie and another lady who's name starts with "b" came by me and explained that the treadmill will be picked up from the milwaukee area on thursday the 21st. I will be called wednesday to determine the time. She had no idea about this solution. She definitely should not be in management for many reasons one especially for walking away from me with no resolution. I have never been treated that poorly in a customer service situation in my life and i am 59. Elizabeth neuser 2308 s 11th st. Manitowoc wi [protected].

Sears Kmartpension buy out offer

I received a lump sum offer to buy out my pension, i figure to take it and make good on some debts... pay date was 12/01/2012 & funds to be received before or on 12/31/2012 .. guess what today is 02/18/2013 and no check received ... it's been stressful dealing with the pension center so many conflicting statements made .. we are now on check # 2 that was claimed sent but never made it to my address? So i tested the pension center requested a new pass code for online access received it in 3 business days .. wow miracle right !! we are now on our 3rd reissue request according to the pension center .. they have no proof a check was ever mailed out, they can't send it certified mail and no electronic deposit available..
                                Now my thoughts is why would a company as Sears would make up stories to delay payments? Seems like fighting lawsuits & class action suits is the only way to get honest answers.. Spending all these $$ in legal battle seems to be Sears down fall... A call to the Atty gen office shed so much light that I am not the only one that is being treated in this fashion by the Sears holding pension center ... Their actions are under review and as usual a class action suit may be in play soon.
                                So i'm on my 3rd reissue which i figure to take another 2 weeks this is ridulous

Sears / Serta Icomfort Mattress — no action to resolve mattress issue

We purchased two Serta iComfort Mattresses a year ago, they have very extended warranty period of 10 or 15...

Searsdelivery... or non-delivery of washer & dryer

Recently my spouse and I purchased a Maytag washer and dryer from the Sears Home Store in Regina. Purchasing our appliances was not the issue, we had great help from the sales staff in the store, but when it came to the delivery, I have never ever had such terrible customer service!! My spouse called weeks in advance to have delivery set up for Friday, February 1, 2013. On Monday, January 28th, we recieved a call to confirm that someone would be home between 12pm and 5pm on Friday to receive our product. Nothing was delivered on Friday. After several attempts to reach someone who knew what happened to our delivery, the only response we could get was that there was a note on the file that said it was supposed to be delivered on February 1st, but then it wasn't going to be delivered until March 9!!! Over a month wait...and not even a phone call. We were supposed to have someone call us back to discuss some sort of compensation... that never happened.. we had to repeatedly call, only to get in touch with the most arrogant Sears representative who basically said they were not going to do anything for us. Needless to say, we will be cancelling our order. Unfortunately, I will NEVER EVER make a purchase from Sears again. Given their growing competitors, I highly recommend Sears takes a hard look at their Customer Service department and makes some improvement. Matter of fact, this was probably a good thing it happened because we found the exact same washer and dryer set at Leon's for three hundred dollars cheaper :)