Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] will not honor warranty

I purchased a push mower from our local Sears. The THIRD time we used it, it made a horrible noise & quit working. It had a 2 year warranty, which I thought would be great. The mower was supposed to be ready 4/12/12. We called the corporate store in Ft. Worth on 4/13 they said it was ready. When we got to the store, it was not there. On 4/18/12 the service center called to get authorization for a $224 repair bill! When I said it was under warranty, they said it had been run without oil & was not covered. I personally put oil in the mower. If not, how did it make it to the 3rd time of use?!?? Something malfunctioned that caused it to leak out or not circulate. That is a mechanical problem, and not my fault. They refuse to repair/replace it for free. They will NOT honor the warranty! Save your money and don't purchase anything with a motor, from Sears!

Dear SmBusinessOwner,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned. We are sorry that you have encountered trouble with your lawn mower, and have been unable to get the mower repaired under the warranty. The warranty does require that the unit is maintained with the proper level of oil for the repair to be covered under it. Our technicians are our eyes in the field, and would make the determination on if the repair would be covered under the warranty. With that being said we would like the chance to take a closer look at this situation, and see what we can do to assist in finding a resolution that will be to your satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the lawn mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SmBusinessOwner) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Sears's response · Sep 03, 2013

Grimly_fiendish,
    We sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience you have encountered with your tractor. We can certainly understand your frustrations with the lack of customer service you have received. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your comment and wanted to offer our assistance. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like the opportunity to speak with you to address your concerns and restore your faith in Sears. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Grimly_fiendish) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

• Cr
    craymond May 12, 2011

Purchased lawn mower with warranty. Lawn mower didn't last one year. Took several weeks to get repaired.
    After using it for 20 minutes, it broke again. Same problem. JUNK and POOR SERVICE.

• Gr
    Grimly_fiendish Aug 29, 2013

I agree with the original poster and the exact same deal happened with me. I have a Craftsman lawn tractor that for no reason suddenly blew up the engine. Had the "Blue Team" guy come out...he did very little other than ask the "get out of jail free for Sears" questions like "did you drive it up an incline" and "did you drive over anything". They took the mower away, sat on it for TWO weeks and finally announced that they would not honour the warranty because of "user error".

I consulted with other mechanics and Briggs & Stratton themselves; all agree that this should be a warranty fix.

Buyer beware, a warranty from Sears is a BROKEN PROMISE. They will do anything they can to avoid honouring the warranty. Oh and note the "social media" sock puppet above, trying to save face for Sears!

Chriscc Oct 07, 2014

Same thing happened to me lawn mower blew up after a year sears said they won't honor warranty said there was no oil in it .want to charge me $268.00 for repair paid 239 new uggh

• Sw
    swpeters_151 Nov 20, 2014

Same is happening with me right now. I brought my lawn mower in to the store due to it leaking gas from the gas tank. Told by a store associate that it should be covered under the two year warranty. Received a call from the service center with an estimate and was told that a cracked gas tank isn't covered under the warranty. No other explanation than that. Nothing that I could have done would have caused the gas tank to crack. It is an obvious manufacturer defect. I told them that I would just buy the part and replace it myself. Then I was told that I would still have to pay a $50 diagnostic fee on top of the price for the part. This is robbery at worst, dishonest and deceptive business at best. No more Sears or Craftsman for me.

• Pi
    PissedPatriot Aug 31, 2015

I agree my mower is still under warrenty, but the warrenty repair place said repairs would be $173.00 of non covered parts. Even though the repair slip said all parts are covered except spark plugs air filters bulb ext. I will never use sears again to purchase any products. I have lost all trust and respect for sears.

[Resolved] I purchased an air compressor and discovered a part missing

I purchased an air compressor and discovered a part missing. Sears parts would not give me one but required me to buy one for over $11. Mean time I can’t use the compressor since the part is on back order. Today I discovered that there is another part missing and Sears parts informs me that I will have to contact the store. The problem is that I bought the compressor in CO on my way to a job in MO. Now I’m stuck with a Craftsman Compressor that is useless and I need it for work. I can’t even return it because I am out of state on a job. I very angry with the shoddy way Sears has come to do things. I expected better from Sears.

Dear Fromage,

I apologize for the headache and hassle you've encountered with your new compressor purchase. Considering you purchased the unit for an out of state job, I can understand why this is beyond frustrating. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to speak with you more about this situation, and ensure that everything is being done to expedite a resolution that will be to your satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Fromage) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

[Resolved] never step foot in any sears store

Less than a year and half ago, we went to sears to purchase a new KENMORE Elite 26cf refrigerator, front loading washing machine and dryer with the Pedastals and a dishwasher–all supposed to be “the best” all Sears KENMORE Elite products. Every item has broken and is poorly made. The refrigerator broke within one week and we lost all food items, we sent it back and purchased a different brand, the dishwasher continuously has had problems and is currently awaiting for repair-this is the 3rd time!

The dryer has been fixed now twice and the washing machine smells so foul-a serious mold problem even though ileave the door open to air it out, clean it with bleach, run the clean cycle ect-just disgusting overall. The round rubber piece inside the door had to be replaced last week due to it already having holes in it and water was leaking everywhere-looked like a flood in our laundry room and now the door will not latch properly (code F22) and I can not do any laundry for 10days until Sears has time to come fix it.

I was told to go to the laundry mat. The service is absolutely horrendous, timeliness of repairs completely unacceptable! DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCES FROM SEARS! it is a rip off, all appliances are cheaply made with cheap parts that are designed to fail and cost the customer even more money! SO Disappointed with sears–needless to say, I am no longer a customer and will NEVER step foot in any Sears store!

Dear Balsio,

We are truly sorry to hear of your frustration with your appliances, and the services that we have provided you thus far. It concerns us when we hear of things like this happening with products we sell. Unfortunately, we do not “make” anything. We are simply the seller of the products. Kenmore is a brand but the manufacturer can be any of a number of reputable and popular manufacturers depending on the model and year. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like the chance to speak with your more about this situation, and ensure that everything is being done on your behalf, to address all your concerns.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the appliances were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Balsio you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

[Resolved] layaway nightmare

Sears Corporate Office 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, IL 60179 ATTN: Sears Corporate Advocate, Complaint...

[Resolved] failed to return deposit after cancellation

I signed a contract and submitted two checks totaling $6, 650.44. with the understanding that it could be cancelled within three business days. Due to illness I was unable to have the work done at this time. I have a signed receipt that shows that it was cancelled within this time limit. This was cancelled on March 19, 2012 and according to the signed agreement they were to return my deposit within ten business days As Of this date I have not heard any thing from this company.

• Sears's response · Apr 10, 2012

Dear Vaunceil Cox,

We are sorry to hear that you have not received your deposit back for the home improvement work you had to cancel due to illness. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. I understand how important it Is to get your deposit back as quickly as possible, and would like to help put you in contact with a dedicated case manager that can ensure everything is being done on your behalf to resolve this situation.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the home improvement order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Vaunceil Cox you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Va
    Vaunceil Cox Apr 16, 2012

After contacting various people finally received a refund check today. The one person that finally contacted me said the paper work had never been filed to acknowledge that this job was canceled

[Resolved] idiots

I have been a loyal customer of Sears for 35 years. That ended today. I have a lawn tractor that is less than 10 months old. It has been used a minimal amount but still has required three service calls. The latest one onvolves the fact that the tractor will not turn. it mows great in a straight line !!! The service man came out last Friday, determined parts were needed and the parts would be mailed to my home and he would be back today, after 1 today, to install the parts. The parts were delivered to my home from Briggs and Stratton on Wednesday. 15 minutes ago I get a call rescheduling my appointment since the " parts were not in." So, i drove 115 miles last night, lost a day's pay as an oil and gas landman, just to be told by Sears that they cannot track a delivery like everyone else can??? I even got on the delivery website and was able to ascertain that the packages were delivered. So, Sears - you suck. You want to know why you are closing stores? Why people are not shopping with you anymore? It is because you have lost sight of the need to take care of your customers. This was my last purchase. This is a pitiful excuse for customer service. PITIFUL. And, I will get my money back. By the way, since 1978, I have spent over $70, 000.00 dollars with Sears. Done forever with this idiotic company.Who is running this ship???

• Sears's response · Apr 06, 2012

To Dgoldw,

I am very sorry for that your lawn tractor has failed so many times within it's first year. I also want to apologize for the problems you've had surrounding the most recent repair appointment. Under the manufacturer’s warranty, there are several things that we can do to assist you with this unfortunate situation. We value you as a Sears customer and we'd appreciate an opportunity to assist you and to provide you with the customer service that you deserve. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Dgoldw) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Elsncv88,
    I am sorry to learn you have experienced similar frustrations with your tractor. My name is Zenaida and I work with James on the Sears Cares Escalation team. I know the warmer season is here along with lawn and garden work and a tractor is essential to getting chores like this completed. We would like to speak with you and find a lasting solution with you.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Elsncv88) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

SlimJimAkaNohandle,
    Please accept our apologies for the trouble your parents went through to get their riding mower repaired. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to follow up with you and/or your parents and see how we can be of service.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SlimJimAkaNohandle) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

• Dg
    DgoIdw Apr 06, 2012

To SearsCare

Obviously you don't know how to read. What good is an apology going to do? Don't you get it dummy. I don't want anything to do with you and your idiotic company. I hope you gu out of business.

F**k you James

MauiAL50 Apr 06, 2012

Maybe when they made his stop schedule for the day the delivery did not show as having been made. Not that you should have to, but did it cross your mind to call on Wednesday to verify he was coming, and let him know the parts had arrived? Finally, while $70, 000 sounds like an impressive amount, it breaks down to less than $200 a month.

• El
    elsncv88 Apr 18, 2012

Dgoldw, The same thing happened to us here in Virginia. We have had 3 calls on a garden tractor that is less than 1 year old. The latest was yesterday and the tractor failed again less than an hour after the technician left. We waited 4 weeks for that call and being told today it will be another 2 1/2 weeks before they can return. We are done with Sears.

prices, gouging

I went to the Sears hardware to get vacuum cleaner bags for my Kenmore vac as well as the 4x6 inch Hepa...

refridgerator repair

Had a "Sears Home Services" repair person in yesterday to repair my refrigerator's water dispenser. The standard service call rate is $65, no problem there. After a 5 minute diagnostic test it was determined it had a bad water valve. The cost of the new valve was $ 89, no problem there. Total labor hours to replace valve was 20 minutes (and that's generous ) Labor charge was $203 ! When I questioned the labor cost and labor rate...he said it was there standard rate for this type of repair.
This morning I woke up to a flooded kitchen (it did NOT leak prior to his repair) - When I called Sears Home Services I was told the next available appointment would be in 2 days...So I paid $203 for 20 minutes of labor to flood my kitchen!

A&E Solutions Apr 05, 2012

Dear J.McMullen,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to apologize for the continued frustration with your refrigerator’s water dispenser, and any additional inconvenience the water leak caused you. Our repair costs are not calculated by time on a job, but are based on pre-set job code amounts. With that being said we would like to speak with you more about this situation, and see how we can get this taken care of.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (J.McMullen) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

[Resolved] slow delivery & response

I ordered on 10/23/11 and pay on their website. A piece of vacuum which was in stock. The number of my order is C379386. The delivery date is scheduled for 11/03/11. For today 11/06/11 this order not had been given. I contact the service representative [protected]) it informs me that my order be delivered by 12/7/11. This is very unprofessional, nobody has had the delicacy of at least call, send an e-mail or whatever and I will be after several days of fall behind need to be figuring out my order. If you are thinking about buying something on this site, we advise you to think twice.

• Sears's response · Mar 30, 2012

Hello RAbirene,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you are experiencing with Sears.com and not receiving the proper customer service that you deserve. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and your family. It is our goal to get take care of your customer service needs and exceed your expectations. This clearly has not been done for you and we would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. My name is Robert and I work for the Social Media Support Team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the vaccum was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Rabirene) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.

[Resolved] fraudulent information

I feel like I've been scammed by a series of Sears hustlers. Last August the salesman Ed came to my...

[Resolved] kenmore dishwasher

This dishwasher was purchased new in 2007. Along with a built in microwave and stove. I have had nothing but problems with all three kenmore appliances. But the dishwasher in question, I have had to pay sears to come out and repair 4 times. And once again, it is not working properly. There is always a problem with sealers or the main switchboard or the hand/latch system. You name it! So the last time I had a problem with the dishwasher, approximately 1 1/2 yrs ago, I was urged by the Sears phone representative to purchase the lifetime protection warranty for an additional cost. So that if there were any problems in the future, at least I would not have to pay for them. I purchased the extra warranty at that time
So today I called to make yet another appointment, and the representative said that my warranty had expired. She stated that it was only good for one year and asked if I wanted to purchase another one. I attempted to explain to her that I had purchased a lifetime warranty, and she stated that the option doesn't exist. So basically, the other sales person lied to me!!!
I am a single mother of 3 children under the age of 7. I expect just as anyone else should, that when I buy a sears appliance it should:
A. Work for more than 2 yrs without encountering problems
B. Sears support should back up their products ( or don't sell such poorly manufactured ones)
C. Not send sales reps to rip off their customers.

• Sears's response · Mar 27, 2012

Hi Discouraged76225,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment and frustration you've encountered with your dishwasher. My name is Scott and I'm part of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. We came across your post here and wanted to establish contact with you. We understand how difficult it is to be without the appliances we have come to depend on. Sears does not manufacture the appliances we sell. Most appliances have a limited 1 year manufacturer's warranty, while others have warranties that can last for two or more years for parts. Beyond the manufacturer's warranty, Sears does have protection agreement warranties available for purchase, much like purchasing an extended automobile warranty. If an extended warranty is not purchased, parts & labor costs would be a customer's responsibility. We'd be happy to look into this for you and speak with you regarding your dishwasher. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number). Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Discouraged76225) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.

wrong item shipped

Was told by catalog order dept. [protected] if item not right take to any Sears store for credit. Waterford, CT store refused to take item: fireplace door/screen back. I want a full credit of $399.27 plus the cost of returning item back to bj's for $37.20. Sears bought the item from BJs who in turn bought it from Shopzeus.

I have written and spoke to Sears headquarters in Hoffman Estates, IL and they will not do anything but issue me a credit of only $308.78 to my Sears card. This amount in not acceptable..

I want the $399.27 plus the return shipping costs of $37.20.

A&E Solutions Mar 26, 2012

Dear Deplis,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. Third party vendors can best be viewed as separate retailers that lease selling space on Sears.com. We'd be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers who can help you communicate and work with the vendor in question on a solution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the fireplace door was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Deplis) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

A&E Solutions Mar 27, 2012

Dear Maule,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your online order. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. Third party vendors can best be viewed as separate retailers that lease selling space on Sears.com. We'd be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers who can help you communicate and work with the vendor in question on a solution.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Maule you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Sears Social Media Support

[Resolved] long delay, improper fit

if I would have known complaint sites like this exist, I never would have signed the contract to have Sears Home Improvement replace our shower doors. The sales rep who came to our home did a great selling job and he even had a photo of himself with Ty Pennington of Extreme Home Makeovers so I figured no need to research. He stated the job would take maybe a day and hopefully will be done prior to Christmas and that under no circumstances do Sears hire subcontractors. The whole project was a total nightmare from missing hardware initially then the next day when he returned with the hardware he noticed the doors and framework all being the wrong size- this was after he removed the existing doors. We were given no explanation as to what happened, why wrong size. Approximately 2 weeks later, after the holidays I was told that someone would be out to install the new shower doors and this person identified himself as a subcontractor (saying he does a number of jobs for Sears). He made mistakes like placing the "weatherstripping" piece that goes on the bottom on the top of the door causing a significant gap and we told him water would leak out and he said "no, this is how shower doors are now"...There was also a leak which Sears says was pre-existing but we both said no water ever leaked there but knew there was drywall damage. He also had to mount the doors on the wall instead of shower tiling in order for it to fit- saying that is the only way to get the job done. The doors are approximately 1 1/2" shorter than the older unit. The subcontractor had to make a return trip to correct the upside down piece and about another week passed when Sears sent out a "troubleshooter" to find out why the leak was occuring and he resiliconed different areas. AVOID THIS COMPANY, IT WAS TO BE A DAY JOB AND IT ENDED UP TAKING A MONTH. TO DATE WE STILL HAVE NO EXPLANATION BUT HAVE RECEIVED MINOR COMPENSATION FROM SEARS.

• Sears's response · Mar 21, 2012

To PJS12,

I can certainly understand the frustration and disappointment you've had surrounding your recent experience with Sears Home Improvement. I sincerely apologize for the multiple mistakes that were made which caused the long delay in the completion of this job. I want to also apologize for the lack of communication and I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the compensation that was offered. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We value you as a customer and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this issue with you further and to restore your faith in Sears. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the project was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (PJS12) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

cabinetman May 06, 2012

Complete idiots should sum it up. I used to work for the Sears Clowns !! and they are just that. EVERYBODY do yourselfs a favour and KICK THESE JERKS OUT OF YOUR HOME !!!

They are Theifs, Liers, Cheats and just PLAIN DUM ### !!!

They ROB EVERYBODY they deal with !!! If you are stupid enough to sine a contract with these theifs and you really do deserve what you get.

Good Luck.

• Se
    Sears Home Sucks May 25, 2012

Please take a moment and visit my website www.searshomesucks.com that I created to share with former and potential customers of Sears Home Improvement Products what I have witnessed as a former employee and create a place for others to share their home project experiences by Sears.

During my employment at Sears, I have witnessed hundreds, possibly thousands, of home improvement projects completed without proper permitting or the use of licensed contractors. This is a serious concern and should not be taken lightly. Please take the time to browse this site and learn more. The safety of your home and family could be at risk.

Please share this site with your family and friends or anyone you know that had work done by Sears.

[Resolved] layaway policy

This is the second time I have had trouble with the Sears layaway policy. A few weeks ago I went into my local Sears store and placed several items on layaway. Once I realized my first payment was due I made it online, however it was 6 days late. The transaction was processed the same day and I received a confirmation email thanking me for my payment. Not more than 10 days later I went into the store to payout the layaway and pick up the items when I was told that my layaway was canceled. Of course no one in the store can tell me why this was since I had my confirmation of making my payment less than 2 weeks prior. So I had to ask the manager at the time why this was. Her response was because my payment was delinquent the "corporate" office made the decision to cancel the layaway. If I had made the payment just 10 days before, why cancel it? So, annoyed and frustrated...then came the subject of my refund. According to their receipt, my refund should be issued in the same manner as the original transaction...No! She (manager on duty) informed me it would be coming in the mail. I have to wait until someone from the "corporate" office decides to issue me a check for what I paid and then I will get penalized a $15 cancellation fee. Why should I pay that when I did not cancel the layaway? Why can't I get the money owed to me from the store where I started my layaway? After 3 phone calls in 2 days to various managers, no one can (or wont) help me figure this out. Seems to me that there are too many inconsistencies with their policies. If your gonna offer a service...follow through with it and make damn sure your policies are clear and understandable for your customers...It might even be wise to add this little snippet to your receipts so your customers will know the facts. If I really was in dire need for my refund I would be screwed because Sears only cares about getting your money...they have a hard time giving it back. This was my 2nd...AND LAST run in with Sears and their jacked up customer service and store policies! After nearly 20 years of being a loyal customer I have decided it is not worth wasting anymore of my time, energy and money with a company such as this...Thanks for nothing Sears...

• Sears's response · Mar 13, 2012

Dear melissabeecute,

We are very sorry to hear that your layaway was cancelled, we are especially sorry that you did not receive the level of customer service that you deserve. This is definitely not acceptable; and this is not the type of experience our customers should encounter. My name is Stephanie L. and I am with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I would like one of our dedicated case managers to call you and look further into this. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number your items were purchased under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “melissabeecute “you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

• Mo
    monkey butt May 31, 2013

This store has the worse layaway policy they cancel your layaway with any notice and no one in the store no anything. Not even the so call manager and you call the home office they tell you will get refund in 10 to 14 days. No one in the store could not tell you anything how much your layaway would be but they could tell you that their 15.00 dollars would be their fee. Buyer be ware do not put anything on layaway at sears. Beware!! Don't do it. Just like k-mart went out of business Sears are going to go out of business too. They have the worse customer service and do not know how to treat customers I will not be buying anything from Sears anymore you can Bank on that.

extra charges for installation

We purchased a dishwasher for a family member. The sale included 2 installation kits so as to not delay installation if it need different parts. Sales man stated that we could return with the extra kit for a refund. The installation was installed by a contracted company (ATI) which did a fine job of removing and installing the dishwashers, however, when he found that the water shutoff valve was stuck he asked that the house water supply be turned off. He said he would replace the valve which is valued at about $7. When the job was completed he stated that the valve replacement was an addtional $90. I objected for quite some time and noted that once the house supply water was turned off then the installation could have been completed and he did not offer a quote on the cost of the replacement. I also asked about the extra installation kit that was not being used. He knew nothing about any kits and did not provide any material that could have been returned for credit. He did have me sign a waiver that stated that I would assume responsibility for the valve replacement which I signed and I gave him $20 so he could buy a replacement valve for the kit he said his company supplied. On the waiver was a note about the electrical connection to the wall missing a cover or strain relief. The prior installation (the dishwasher unit he removed) was installed by Sears and so it appears that they did not follow proper procedures in that effort. We are going to Sears to talk with the sale person and ask for a refund on the "unused" installation kit and why work was done by the installation team without providing a written quote that required our signature as stated in the Sears bill of sale.

[Resolved] bad customer service

I preordered Mass Effect 3 - Collectors edition back in early February, received and e-mail almost immediately confirming the order and then another one a few weeks later, confirming the order and that same day got charged for the full amount; in every single one of those emails, I was told the estimated date for delivery was 03/06, which was the date the game was released. On March 6th I called their customer service and requested a tracking number for the shipment and that was when I was told that the order was NOT shipped and that they had no idea what the status of the order was and that they would forward my inquiry to their "offline team" (which I don't know exactly why, since this was an online order" and that they offline team would get back to me 5-7 days... Mind you, I paid the extra for shipping so that the shipment would arrive quickly... I have never been so unhappy with both customer service and a company as I am with Sears. I don't recommend buying anything from them online, even less so videogames and if you do, good luck getting help from their customer service.
I hardly ever write review for items but I felt my experience needed to be shared so that every person looking into purchasing something online from Sears.com knew what to expect.
Hope this helps you make the right decision,

Juan A. Almada

• Sears's response · Mar 08, 2012

Dear D3adoralive,

My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry that you’re having this experience with your online order. As a gamer myself, I understand the importance of receiving new games on their release dates, and would like to apologize that we were unable to keep our commitment to having the game ready for you on March 6th. We would like to offer our help in making this right. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the online order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (D3adoralive) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

• Ga
    gantzas Mar 08, 2012

I am in the same boat as you man knowing that EA will not produce more copies and that I don't even have a fully processed order is really making me nervous I too called and same thing so here's to everything goin fine with the order but I don't know if I will preorder from sears again

Calorth Mar 10, 2012

In the same boat as original poster. It is now 4 days since launch, and the product is still 'Processing'. I called customer service yesterday and they said 5-7 days for a response. So for me that is unacceptable. Never again from Sears.com.

[Resolved] made washing machine worse

Today we were scheduled to have our washing machine repaired (still under warranty). We were called last night and this morning to remind us of the time. When nobody showed up, I called and they forgot to schedule us. The repair guy was very nice and said they just called him with our info and he would head right over. He was very nice but brand new. He said Sears has been a tough place to work because they don't schedule appointments well and he and his customers are always frustrated. Because he was new, a more senior repair person came out to check on him. They spent 15 minutes on the machine and 20 minutes telling me how important it is to give them a perfect review.

In the end, they said it was not installed properly and they fixed it. Guess what - nothing was fixed. It's worse than ever. I tried it when they left. They didn't even try to run the machine because they would have known they didn't fix anything.

Our warranty is up next week and I have had a lot of problems getting Sears to actually show up for repairs so I know this is going to be a big problem.

I can't keep taking time off from work when they usually miss appointments and then can't even fix the appliance once we reschedule.

• Sears's response · Mar 08, 2012

Dear Tirlode,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I would like to apologize for the frustration, and inconvenience that you have encountered throughout your washer repair with us. This is not the level of service that we pride ourselves on delivering, and we would like to speak with you directly to see how we can make this right. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name Tirlode you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Re
    Reviewer14180 Oct 10, 2015

I have been waiting on a ring I purchased on 9-25-15 at Sears Town East Mall in Mesquite Texas. Starting with poor service from the counter clerk incompetence to delivery to on-line. The whole ordeal has been a traumatic experience for me and my family. To this date I still haven't received the jewelry as intervention from managers, even a call to me from the corporate office. Not one single person at the delivery warehouse to sears on line store cant locate the item and cant find the item under my name, telephone number, or sales number. I am just to the point of tears and frustration.. The whole ordeal caused a young man a family tradition Right of Passage. It was embarrassing and now just hurtful that Sears employees screwed this event up. I can not believe 10-9-2017. I still don't have the ring even after corporate contacted me and assured me the issue would be resolved timely. I cant reverse the scheduled Rite of Passage and I cant stop the disappointment that just keep coming.

[Resolved] fraud call to offer fake discounted warranty extension

Exploited my trust in the sears name by fake discount extended warranty:

After reading all the complaints with what seems like little resolution, one wonders why anyone continues to buy appliances from sears. It is a shame, because they were the place you could count on to do right by you.

After buying an over-the-range microwave from sears 2 weeks ago in a very smooth transaction, we received a call from an 800 number, asking if we would be interested in extending our master protection agreement to 5 years at a 30% discount (We had only taken a 3 yr. Service plan). Since the call was right out of the blue and unexpected, we agreed to do so, but after hanging up, both my husband & I started thinking about it and remembered that the additional 2 years was only $20 more, not the $26.78 the caller charged us. Instead of a 30% discount for the 2 years, she charged us 33% more than sears normal charge!!!

What a scam! We trusted the sears name and did not question the caller's figures, but evidently that trust was misplaced. Wow, has sears sunk to a new low. Either that, or the caller is unable to do her math correctly and is adding the 30% instead of subtracting it. Hard to believe that is just a mistake though. It was only when we immediately looked online to check that we found the error.

Shame on you, sears! These types of deceptive practices will only sink your business further, as customers know when they are treated badly and will go elsewhere. For us it was only $26.78, not a large amount, but every dollar counts, and for only a $12.78 overcharge, you made us now realize sears is no longer to be trusted.

I don't understand how your company spends 100 years to build a business reputation, but then trashes it in a few years in the name of dwindling profits.in today's competitive business environment, every customer should be valued, a lesson that may be too late for you guys.

If some smart business finally figures out how to implement good old fashioned customer service for their appliance sales which cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, keeps their promises, treats people fairly, is dependable and shows up when scheduled, they will see customers flock to them. For this scam, greedy business practice of calling me and falsely and fraudulently telling me I am "getting a 30% discount", you've lost our business. And others who read this, too, I hope.

• Sears's response · Feb 23, 2012

Fraidy,

I came across your post and wanted to reach out and apologize for the disappointment surrounding the purchase of the Master Protection Agreement for your microwave. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media escalations team. The Sears Cares/Social Media team is part of the corporate customer relations department and we handle the highest level of escalated customer relations issues. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be troubled by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your microwave was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Fraidy) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking with you soon.

• Dj
    djmpotts Feb 20, 2013

if you google 'sears master protection agreement complaints', and read the links that result, you will find the exact same wording of the above comment posted in reply to all the complaints that are listed! Guess Sears has their own trolls looking for complaint posts and responding as above. Good luck, Fraidy!

unperfessonal

Sears were suppose to clean my vents and dryer vent on 2/11/12 they call to reschedule for 2/13/12 equipment failure call again on 2/13/12 truck trouble call to reschedule for 2/15/12
arrived 2 hours late they had the wrong truck. Truck was full of doors, the operators did not know this until they were on the job site. This was after they pre inspected my house with there muddy shoes no shoe covers were wore. Very disappointed in Sears.
Was suppose to get carpets clean by Sear for 2/15/12 canceled.

• Pe
    Peter shen Nov 13, 2014

Totally rip-off. They charged you much more than they promised and even on non-performed services. More than over priced. Will NEVER use it any more.

[Resolved] deplorable customer service experience

Today, I had the kindly folks at Sears Home Improvement out to my home to measure for replacement casement windows. After the windows were measured, I ask to see their casement window factory sample...thinking that most distributors carry a sample of what they sell. Did they have one?? No. "We don't have one.", was the reply. (However, they did have a double-hung sample which they brought in with them.) I asked if they could get a casement sample so I could see it. The dynamic duo didn't seem too thrilled at the prospects of hunting one down. But they did make a couple phone calls to try to find one. No such luck. "I'm sorry, they just aren't available", I was told repeatedly. Then, in sheer desperation, they proceeded to try to explain that there is, "No real difference between the double-hung sample and the casement sample." Which is a crock of s----. I guess they thought I was real stoopid. At that point, I politely asked them to leave, with the understanding that if they found an oh-so-elusive casement window sample, to call me.
Shortly after they left, I called, on my dime, the actual source of the Sears replacement windows: Wincore Window factory. I asked if there was a casement window sample available to their distributors. I was told: yes, there is. "They are readily available to any of our distributors.", remarked the helpful factory rep. The sample just needs to be ordered. Frightfully simple.
Later that day, I received a call from one of the managers at the Grand Rapids, MI, Sears Home Improvement office. Again, he tried to impress on me that there is really no difference between the double-hung window sample and the casement window sample. I told him that I will give his office two weeks to obtain a casement window sample. If the sample wasn't in by two weeks, then I'd take my business elsewhere. I guess he didn't want to hear that. Long story short: after enduring 10 mins of his bothersome questioning, the guy started in hectoring/challenging me. I hung up.
So, does anyone out there in cyberspace know where the name, "Sneers and Fastbucks" came from?? I'd really like to know.

• Sears's response · Feb 14, 2012

To CJGibson,

I’m so very sorry that you’ve had these problems with our Sears Home Improvement business partners. You should not have encountered this kind of experience and we should have given you the proper information on the Casement Windows. We would like to have the opportunity to speak with you and offer our assistance. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (CJGibson) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Robert B.

• Sears's response · Oct 25, 2012

Good afternoon Rosina,

My name is Mike and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. Please accept our apologies for the issues with the installation of your windows. We never want for our customers to feel pressured into making a purchase, especially given the fact that you had family concerns on your mind as well. Furthermore, we can certainly understand how upsetting it must be for there to be gaps in your windows. Additionally, we realize that the trouble you have encountered with the payment for the windows has only served to exacerbate this matter. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to ensure that your windows are installed properly and to assist you in contacting Citibank so that your billing concerns can be addressed as well. At your convenience, please send us an e-mail containing your preferred contact information, including the phone number that your windows were purchased under, to [email protected] Also, please include your screen name, (Rosina Martinez), for reference to your issue. Thank you for your time and we hope to speak with you soon.

Mike D.

cabinetman May 06, 2012

Well you did very good for yourself Sir !!! Keep those lying theifs out of your house and buy your windows elsewhere !!! You'll save alot of money as well.

• Jw
    jwoop66 Jun 07, 2012

Dude, The only difference is that one opens sideways and the other opens up and down. Aside from that, there is no difference between the two. You outsmarted yourself, but that was about it.

• Ro
    Rosina Martinez Oct 19, 2012

I called for an estimate from Sears Home Improvement for windows for my mobile home and an estimate from Magic Mobile Home in Albuquerque. The salesman from Sears came and gave me an estimate but would not allow me time to think about it because supposedly that was the only day I would get the promotion. I ordered seven windows for the mobile home. I asked him if they would make them according to the window frame because I did not want gaps and I wanted them to last. Oh, he said the warranty was for 20 years and on and on and had me sign electronically which I expected paperwork. All he gave me at the end was a CD and I do not have a printer. I told him. I wanted a hard copy of the contract and it took forever for them to send me one and I did not get a complete copy. After the windows were made and the installer came, they had horizontal gaps and vertical gaps. The installer filled the gaps with some ribbon type insulation and covered the rest with a lot of caulking and on top of all that the vinyl covering. He even signed me up with Citi Bank, which I think if I am not mistaken that is one of the banks that the President had to bail out. Well, I had complaints and they would not listen. I called the salesman six times and he never called me back to the day. Finally, they sent an inspector who promised to come back in 3 weeks so we will see if he comes. He told me they put the wrong windows in my bedroom. The caulking is cracking and of course I will have to be filling it in all the time. He told me the warranty is for 3 years on service which the salesman failed to tell me. Lots of inconsistencies. Next I start getting calls from the Citi Bank that I was behind in my payment and it would go to collections. I asked the lady where is the bill. I have not received it. Instead what they did was send it to the side of the road where I do not receive mail after I told the salesman strictly that I got the mail in the Post Office. The lady from Citi Bank wanted me to send her a check or give her my debit card number over the phone. I told her I will send payment when I receive the bill and I know where to send it because in order to do business with them it is one call after another to toll free numbers. Being that they failed to promptly take care of my complaints, I had to file a complaint with the attorney general in our state. Someone is going to have to straighten my bad credit that Citi Bank will give me after it is not my fault but rather of the salesman for misinforming me and being in a rush to make the sales by misleading me at a time when my brother was between life and death 2 hours away from where I live. I thought Sears was a reputable company that is why I went with them on the windows to find out they do not care about the customer once they make the sales. The bank should have checked with me before paying Sears because I was the one who was going to pay them and they did not bother. They paid Sears and now they want to take it out of my hide by even giving me a bad credit rating, which I will not take lightly. I did not know about the many complaints from different states until I googled Sears windows and those people had the same complaints that I had about the windows. How can a person start paying for a job poorly done. The bank should make sure of checking with the customer before they rush to pay Sears being that the customer is the one that is going to pay them and they did not do that at all. Just threatening me about sending me to collections. Why should I get a bad credit rating because the salesman was the one who signed me up with them. I did not ask them or called them for credit. Besides I was under duress when I signed that electronic signature without seeing paperwork or the screen where the salesman was reading. I had already been in the ER in the hospital where my brother was very sick, so this salesman should have considered that. I told him I wanted to wait because of what I was going through with a very sick brother that I was caring for, but he was pushing the promotion, which turned out to be bad after all. All I want is a good job done with no gaps left and no problems for me later on being that I am elderly and a widow and cannot afford another expense, especially after paying $5, 600 and what if they don't last. I am in New Mexico, but I saw in the computer the same complaints in different other states against Sears Windows.