Sears 1-800-4-My-Homepoor service

I have had problems on several occasions now with sears 4 my home service. Today is no exception. I set up an appointment for the morning with my taking off of work. The service person does not show up nor call. Last week i had an appointment set up for the same problem. Nobody from sears called. Finally i called and found out that i would have to reschedule, because the service tech assigned to me called in sick. I don't understand how a large organization can schedule, and not have other techs available, when one tech calls in sick.

I have also had problems with a tech coming out on no less than 3 - 4 occasions and replace the same part, when it did not fix the problem. On top of that, his people skills were very lacking. Finally, i got a different tech, who fixed the problem, which did require replacing a more expensive part in my washing machine.

• Te
    terynsmom Jul 24, 2018

Do not buy their warranty. My microwave broke and the inside spring broke so now it will not work. I actually had a repair person out when I had to have my fridge fixed (that was another fiasco) and he said it would be covered. I had to spend $75 for it to not be covered. When I had my refrigerator fixed, it took 6 weeks to get them to come out and another 3 for the repair appointment. Per the repair man, its a known issue with the Kenmore and he had a truck full of compressors that he replaced. I told them it was the compressor over the phone as my repairman had already been out but no, they have to come out to dx it then come back again to fix. Today, the repairman for the microwave was supposed to look at 3 items, he said they only input one item. So now I have to pay again for another repairman to come out. Today, the appointment was between 8-12 and he showed up at 1. Now I have another appointment and will require me to be there again from 1-5. Do they think we have all the time in the world to take off work to wait for them?? Especially when you made an appointment thru Sears center, the person input it wrong and only put 1 item in for service and now the provider says too bad, they don't see an appointment for 3 things. I am not impressed at the cost, I should have gone with a home warranty from the realtor again. I do not recommend Sears products, their warranty or their service provider.

• Tk
    tkmccolgan Jun 30, 2018

Had my roof replaced December 1. Job was not good, even though it was inspected "by a 3rd party" inspector. He was a photographer for them, nothing more. Still finding nails all over the place. Wish this was my only complaint.

Paid a lot of money for this roof. Probably much more than I should have. Some of the shingles have not laid down and many are puckering all over, especially out front, which looks terrible. The ridge vents look like a saw tooth. They have also not laid down. The installers dented my gutters. This job looks to have been done by total amateurs. Funny, that the salesman commented on how terrible of a job PJ Fitzpatrick did next door? Their installation certainly looks much better than mine. Maybe he should take a look at his own work?

In the rear, a section of roof replaced looks awful over my bay window. The shingles do not meet the J-Channel, which I am sure will lead to problems in the future.

Have attempted to get this rectified by the salesman/project manager on several occasions, through email. NO RESPONSE to date. I will never, ever recommend sears to anyone, nor will I ever deal with them again for home repairs. I was given a 50 year guarantee, but can't even get a simple reply to my issues. How will they respond if I have real issues in the future? It's little wonder Sears is going under.

Given, that I have received no response to my complaints, I have no alternative, but to submit my complaints to the Better Business Bureau. It won't be pretty. I did advise the salesman I was going to do this months ago, but apparently, he or Sears does not care.

• At
    atv Dec 26, 2017

this service, for my home is despicable, and unreliable. let me share my story, my elderly sister in law takes care of my down-syndrome brother in law who also suffers from seizure disorders and alzheimers. their heater has been out for one week and also its very cold in this region of the suburbs of Clifton heights. these people told my sister in law that they would be out 12/27/2017 and she just now receives a phone call that they will not be out until after the holidays!!!, January 3!!! really is this how you treat your customers who have a contract with sears? how long do they have to be without heat in this, the coldest part of the season??????? these people should be held accountable in some way shape or form. my sister in law told these people the situation but all they could come up with is a "sorry." she is now using a space heater and the stove to heat her house, waiting for these people to come out. sears deserves to be out of business.

• Wa
    Wade Howlett Oct 12, 2017

Made an appointment weeks ago for Sears home repair to come out on October 12, took the day off. They call me at 12PM to tell me I have to reschedule due to a scheduling discrepancy and now I have to wait until November 9 to get my appliances repaired. This is ridiculous and pathetic.

• Ru
    Rudy Riepl Sep 25, 2017

Sears is the worst their repair, service and parts department been without my refrigerator for parts as they say is on backorder and yet I can find the parts on line for next day delivery and then they insult me with a $40 gift certificate for K-Mart or a Sears purchase. Been a customer of Sears for 30 years NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from them.

• Pa
    Patty Schmitz Jul 28, 2017

Sears 1-800-4-MY-HOME is a nightmare. Our glass front on our range oven blew out. We have been given complete Bull. They claim the glass is for decoration purposes and it does not interfere with the oven usage. This person LESLIE extension 8242 told me to turn it on. I told her to send a service person out to see if it works. I was not going to get more glass in me if the second glass decided to blow out. Do these people realize how stupid they sound???? The way they want to end the problem is to send me to the cancellation department so I have no warranty at all. This is why SEARS is going into the toilet.

• Qu
    Quentin Schweiger Oct 19, 2016

called to get my garage door opener fixed less than 1 year old, called 18004MYHOME, and they were great, answered my questions, scheduled my appointment, but then no one showed when they were supposed to? they finally called and stated that they would need to reschedule appointment can't make it, okay we reschedule, no one shows again, call to find out why they state that they did call and someone?? canceled appointment, so I am getting frustrated called again to reschedule wait a few days and service tech shows and states that "Oh this is warranty work, I cannot confirm warranty work" need to call 18004MYHOME again!! to schedule another appointment... must have talked to 8 different people on the phone it was wrong dept, cant help you, phone hangs up, you have to pay for service, until again Jose tells me he can help, schedules someone to come to my house the next day, he is baffled, at what I have been through so far, assures me all will be fine, next day NO ONE SHOWS!!! call back to find out what's going on, lady states my schedule was cancelled and that we need to call back and let them know that this is warranty work, call again speak to someone who tells me I have to pay for someone to come out and diagnose my garage door opener, ( even though I already had service tech there who states is broke, but he can't actually say it broke because he doesn't do warranty work, ) then I have to pay a hourly rate for the service tech, remind you the thing is only 10 months old, I will pay as much as the unit is worth for a new one to have some one fix or replace, can just go buy a new one, don't forget about the pay that I will lose for the 4 half days of staying home for the service window that no one shows up for EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED AND DISSAPOINTED, I have been buying craftsman for years this is the worst experience ever,

• He
    HeidiAnn Aug 23, 2016

I have a stand up Frigidaire Freezer. It is under the home warranty until 2018, which I paid a lot exgra for. Today August 23rd I called Sears Repair Service to have service person come and fix it. I was told that the first appointment available was 9 days later, Sept. 1st. I explained to her that I can't wait that long. I would loose all the food in the freezer. Who was going to pay for the ruin food. She told me she was sorry, but Sept 1st is the first available appointment. I explained that I would never again get another home warranty contract and that I would bring Sear's to Small Claim Court (No Lawyer allowed) and charge them for a repair by another sourse and the cost of lost food.

• Da
    Darlene Murphy Feb 17, 2016

I ordered a new dryer and scheduled delivery for yesterday 2/16 . We had snow Monday so I scheduled the delivery for Tuesday. It was a little icy in the morning but cleared off very quickly. What really made me mad is I waited all day long. My delivery was scheduled from 1:15-3:15PM. No one ever called me so by 6PM I called them. The guy was rude and told me it was rescheduled for 2/21. I was angry because I need a dryer now. He more or less told me tough, you'll have to wait. I was more angry that no one called me all day when I was sitting there waiting. I thought Sears was a good company but it seems they need to replace some of the people in charge of deliveries. This is a very poor way to do business. I will never buy from them again for something that I need urgently.

• Ga
    Gabe the Great Dec 29, 2014

Attention Sears I will never purchace another product or warrenty from you. Your customer service is horrible 20 minute hold peroids are not acceptable. I am documenting my horible journey on my mission to get my upright freezer fixed under the extended warrenty plan. I have been lied to by your support reps in india. Its been over a month of lies and runarounds now. I was told a tech would call me back to address my concerns within 24 hours, that was 15 days ago. I swear the local tech that came over to assess the problem was drunk. And the part needed to fix my freezer (a new seal) would be in on monday (that monday came and went 2 weeks ago. Sears you are the worst. Never again will I buy a product or service from sears. I may attend your going out of business sale out of spite.

• Ka
    KathleenMcNeil Dec 05, 2014

This issue has been ongoing since November 12, 2014. I gave them the code to the problem (dryer won't start). The resolution was that a new motherboard was needed. I was told they would be at my house between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. Turns out I was LAST on the list and the tech showed up and brought the WRONG motherboard which did NOT fit my machine. How could that happen when they clearly have the make and model number of the machine. They tentatively set up an appointment for Sunday. No one showed...no one called. I then called the next day on Monday to enquire about it and rescheduled for the Friday. Friday I arrange to have someone to sit at my home for the day to wait for the tech to show up. No one called to tell me whether they'd be at my house in the morning or afternoon. I placed another call to enquire and then learned that I wasn't even scheduled. So now they scheduled me for Wednesday. I asked for the matter to be escalated and asked that someone call me back. They refuse to speak with me. They gave me the same speech...someone will call you the day before to confirm whether you'll be in the morning or afternoon. I said this has happened way too many times to have someone wait at my house for nothing and requested an evening shift. They can't guarantee anything. The manager refuses to speak with me. What gives? VERY UPSET CUSTOMER!!

• Se
    SearsNOMORE00 Oct 13, 2014

I have spent days trying to find a local sears sewing repair shop. After bringing it to a number of sears locations and being turned away and told to go to another location and then having them tell me to call some number, then spending hours on the phone getting the run around from countless sears customer service reps not having any knowledge at all other then giving me another number to call. Finally I get a number in the Allentown Sears which is very far from me. The man is very sweet and helpful in the repair dept telling me that sears hasn't had technicians in the dept since 2002 and that I would have to bring my sewing machine to UPS and send it to Tennesse to have it repaired. This is crazy and frankly rediculous! I can't believe how much time I've spent on talking to Sears reps and they don't know anything or how to help me. I don't think I'll shop at another Sears ever! Someone better do something about this service, what a joke!

• Ho
    HONESTY_LOOKING Sep 22, 2014

I went in to the Orland Park Illinois store on 9/11/2014 and bought a water softener for $479.00 plus paid the install fee of $299.00. Sears has an installer named Galaxy Home to do its work now a days. Galaxy called 3 times to insure they'd be out as they did show up 3 days later. The guy didn't know what the hell was going on and stayed on the phone with his boss for 30 minutes. He didn't know how to install a long enough drain discharge tube to the new water softener. On top of that he left saying he'd have to go buy a "coupling piece to connect the new tube to my old since my softener was 20 feet away from the floor drain. The piece of coupling cost about $0.60cents that's sixty cents. So now Galaxy wanted to charge me this additional $35.00 do they could install a $0.60 cent coupling to my old drain tube? So what was the $299.00 for? I called up Galaxy while the installer spent his time being coached by his boss, and told them to cancel the entire install. I am not paying an additional $35.00 on top of $300 to install what is basically two pies into a water softener. Bottom line is Sears say they have contracts with installers now, in different zip codes. They do not give damn if you buy their appliances or not the won't switch installers for you so they'd rather lose your business. This is why Sears is at he very bottom of any appliance I will purchase from her on out. This is why they re losing out to Lowes, Home Depot and Menards.. Look for Sears to continue top lose stores and there customers, they are just terrible with their install and parts department.

• Rs
    R Singh S Sep 02, 2014

My stove has not been working for over two months. First they book the service to see it on July 15th for the service call made on June 27, 2014. Once the technician comes in, he looks at the problem and orders part. The part is delivered to technician on August 4th. However, no one bothered to schedule the appointment through service bench which is administered by Whirlpool. Several requests and many phone calls to technician, Whirlpool and to Sears, I finally book a service for August 29th. Technician comes in to replace the part but the stove still does not work. Technician orders another part. I called Sears to schedule an appointment and they are giving me the earliest service call on September 10th.
    They would not connect me to manager and I have left at least 10 requests for a manager to call me. They never bother. Call centre agents are dishonest and on purpose cut you off once you are on the call for over 34 minutes. This is true every time as they must be measured on how soon they resolve any issues.

I have requested other modes of communication where I could register my complaint, but they say that the phone is the only method of communication. It requested them to provide me with their manager's email, general email address, physical mailing address or even a fax number but the service agents either deny they have those modes of communications or they say that they are not at liberty to provide such information.

I would never buy anything from sears again and have already cancelled my credit cards with them. I will also be filing a consumer complaint and court action to recover my losses.

• Mi
    Michael Kirkpatrick Jun 04, 2014

Sears has the absolute worst customer service!
    I have been without AC for two weeks and have been waiting for the ac repairman the whole time.
    Scheduled time was for Friday between 8-12. At 1130 they called and said they would be 2 hrs late! Then as expected they did not have the right part and would be back on Moday. Since Kmart or Target or whoever bought out Sears it4 has become a company run by incompetent people that use inferior parts.

I will never buy another appliance, tool, tv or anything from Sears ever again.
    Sears member since 1994

• Mi
    michael1776 Feb 25, 2014

Sears simply does not give a darn about anything, even profits! I bought a lawn care power tool from the ( 4 stroke string trimmer) and it broke in just a few short months! The full two year warranty was not honored at all: once you take it to the service center, you are at their mercy, even if they tell you it is fully covered! I had to pay to get mine back: will you? Don't risk it, leave them to hang on their own like they deserve.

mancavedave Nov 12, 2013

I haven't really had too many problems with Sears (thankfully). After reading these complaints, I will keep my eyes open. A once great company appears to be going down the tubes (according to these reports.) If they lose enough business, that might (key word) get their attention. As far as the "top brass" reading these complaints: don't count on it. Most CEO's could care less. Even if they do read them, they don't care. Perhaps they prefer to spend more money on advertising rather than on the "old school" method (i.e. taking care of the customer FIRST). Business 101: when you lose 1 customer, you actually could lose many more than that (word of mouth can be you best friend...or worst enemy). There are other companies out there. Again, they probably don't care about the competition. They should. Lose enough business and you will have to file for bankruptcy. Sad but true. Taking care of the customer might be too "old school" for them. If they want to "re-invent" themselves, they might want to look at what made them a great place to shop decades ago. (i.e. the problem pointing to the solution: take care of the customer FIRST and the money - and positive word of mouth - will follow, which, in turn, leads to MORE business and, subsequently, more money). Simple solutions to these problems: Say what you mean, mean what you say, guarantee your products and workmanship, show up to service appointments ON TIME, fix the problems, honor your warrantees, etc. Common sense. Maybe I'm too old fashioned to expect a company to honor their word and brand name?

• Ri
    Rixeyville lady Sep 14, 2013

Sears 4 My Home is the WORST repair service. I will never use them to repair anything in my home ever again. In early July I reported that 2 of 4 burners on the cook top did not work. I have American Home Shield and was give Sears for this service. All appointments require that you must be available from 8 am to 5 pm daily. Complicating the factors was that this repair needed to be done in a farmhouse on a 140 acre farm which is 50 miles from my main home and 75 from my work. Visit 1: I get an appointment, send my college student son down to meet them. I get a call from Sears saying they left because nobody was there. How could this be, I had spoken to my son that very morning. He was there! Apparently, my farm gate was closed. It says 'please keep the gate closed" because I don't want to risk having my horses get loose and run onto the road. It is true you would have to get out of your vehicle and open the gate to get to the house. The idiot technician never opened the gate and never went to the house al all. Somehow Sears managed to send him back (which I now know is a miracle). He diagnosed the problem and ordered parts. Visit 2: The parts arrived and the visit was set up. Son is there. I get a call from Sears that the technician is coming. No technician. Call Sears and ask what is up. They don't know nor think it is odd that a call at 8 a.m. saying the tech was coming was made, but by 11 a.m. still no tech. Mayhe he was in an accident. Well no, he was sick and oh, so sorry but nobody could cover for him on this appointment. Visit 3: Sears sends an imbecile. Of course it is a Saturday and said imbecile comes when we are teaching riding lessons, but my son is present. He tells my son that the cooked top and melted and molded itself into the counter. He can't remove it and replace the parts we have. I guess he didn't wonder how a previous technician was able to open it to find the parts. He also, didn't bother to pull the burners/drip pans out to unscrew the 4 Phillips head screws that held the cooktop top the cooktop bottom. That took me about 30 seconds to do and I have zero experience doing it. It was not stuck in any way. Of course my son didn't know enough to run to the ring to get me. The technician left. Sears service was oh so sorry (they are all trained in handling irate customers which must happen all day long) and schedule another appointment a week later on a Friday. Visit 4: My son is there, no call from Sears. I check and "oh, your appointment is for Monday." Why did I have it in my calendar for Friday then? Since my son was in summer school, I would never have agreed to a date he had class. Visit 5: Monday. My son goes down in the hopes the service call will be in the morning. It is. Nice technician, he installs the parts and says the prior technician failed to order a thermostat. Thermostat ordered. Now all burners on the cooktop DO NOT WORK. Interlude: UPS delivers the tiny part to goodness knows where on the farm. We never receive it. Sears acts like we are criminals with a blackmarket cooktop parts business. They fob if off on UPS. It take multiple transfers and arguments to get Sears to agree to send the part again but to my home address where it will be received. It arrives eventually. Visit 6: Technician comes out, installs thermostat. Cooktop does not work. He calls me and says that we have an electrical system problem and my junction box does not work. I call American Home Shield and ask for an electrician as I actually believed Sears. American Home Shield authorized an outside contractor so I had someone out in 48 hours; They came as scheduled, were nice and found that my electricity worked fine. In fact, 30 of my burners worked! The technician had managed to install one switch incorrectly in the cooktop and it failed so that burner did not work. And they failed to catch that the power indicator light was not working, which explains why they thought it didn't work. Visit 7: Another appointment with Sears again to get the problem diagnosed. Son is in place all day long. I am at work. Sears calls me on my cell when I am meeting my boss. Since I could not answer the nanosecond the called, they decided that NOBODY was there and cancelled the appointment. Never, ever did they have any problem with someone not being there for them. When I called the service center, they were oh so sorry and could come back next week between 8 and 5.

At that point, I FIRED SEARS! I called American Home Shield and said that I wanted a new contractor right now. I never wanted to see or hear from Sears every again. They were the worst repair company I had ever met. Baboons could do a better job. Anyone reading this -- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are the WORST!

• Mm
    mmmmsomething Jul 15, 2013

Wish I would have checked here before purchasing a service contract. We bought a Samsung front loader washer/dryer and dishwasher from Sears approximately 2 years ago and encountered our first issue with the dryer on 7/2. Called for an appointment and 7/11 was first available. Ok, I can deal with that based on the July 4th holiday. Unfortunately, the technician didn't show because he was sick. When we called to reschedule we were told we now have to wait until 7/19 because subsequent appointments had been taken. No ability to accommodate due to their mistake. Trying to explain to anyone on the phone is like talking to a brick wall. All you'll ever get is "well, my computer doesn't show any other available dates." This isn't a customer service for Sears customers, it is simply an order taking service. They'd be better off not offering this service since it is clearly going to cause customers to avoid making purchases from Sears. I know I won't be going back.

• Bo
    bosfly Aug 18, 2012

I purchased a repair contract for my Bocsh washer and dryer the Sears WHAT A MISTAKE! 1 st appointment available was in 3 weeks. Luckily via the website I was able to rescheduled for the next day, Tech did not introduce himself, showed no id, wore ripped pants, asked me to help lower the dryer (which I didn't) and told me he had to order parts and someone else would have to come out to help him. Never offered me a rescheduling time after numerous calls to Sears I was given an appointment oddly enough on the same day as my original appointment even though the repair website showed earlier days available. I was transfered numerous times and given the run around until I finally acquiesced for August 18, 2012 8-12. At 10:35 the Tech called and said he was outside but waiting for his helper. He came in as if he had never been here before, asked what the problem was, broke the fascia panel trying to get the dryer out, while I removed the molding the assistant called from another location saying he would be a few minutes, asked me to help take the dryer down, and at 11:50 he left without saying anything. I don't know if he will be back, if someone else is coming but I do know that if A&E Repair [protected] show up in a blue truck outside your house... you're screwed It's 12:15 I do not know where or when I will see this guy again.

• Cm
    C. MCDAVID Aug 03, 2012

Wow!! I should have checked this site before purchasing my air conditioner. Not even 1 year old and the problem was a leaking coil? Why, this is a BRAND NEW air conditioner. I had a Lennox for 18 years and replaced it because it was old, I REGRET THIS NOW!!
    Why I am really upset with Sears, called for service, they gave me a 1 month appointment during the heat wave and I had small children in the house. Then when the guy came out it seems that he is the only contractor for Sears, acting like it is a big service company. Another thing is to put in the new coil he had to cut the area above the furnace, not sure how the unit was installed when we bought it, makes me wonder if they used the old coil from my old air conditioner, because we were getting the same problem, air not cooling. Something has to be done about these large companies taking advantage of the little guy, e.g., class action law suit. Too much more to type, but do not buy from SEARS big ticket items!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

• Re
    retardcompanies May 13, 2011

These people are completely incompetent. I bought a new fridge and when I got it home the display simple said "off" and nothing I did would fix it and so the fridge would not turn on. I called their 1-800 number and told them that I just bought this fridge and I just needed someone to tell me how to turn it on or direct me to an owner's manual, becuase I had spent hours on the internet trying to find one and I could not find one. So I got a guy with a distinct accent, he said I needed a different department and transferred me, The woman who answered said I needed specialist and transfers me directly back to the first guy, I knew it was him because he had the same very distinct accent. Once again I explained, there was nothing WRONG with the fridge I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. This ### didn't even try, he just kept reading his "i'm sorry" script and telling me to call back in 12 hours when all my food would be spoiled or that he could transfer me back to the other idiot who transferred me back to him. He never attempted to lookup my model number, or tell me where I could find an owners manual or anything. So finally I just hung up on him and went back to my computer. Several hours later I found an owner's manual on the "manage my home" website and found out that my fridge was in "demo mode" and there was a button code I had to press to get it out of demo mode. I very simple and easy process that anyone working for this company should know. But no, these ###s couldn't handle that. I hope they all get hit by cars on their way home tonight.

• Sn
    SnowStorm Feb 17, 2011

I have a 4-years-old Kenmore refrigerator that stopped blowing cold air. The repairman came 7 weeks and determined that he need to order a new part. After 3 bi-monthly separate follow-ups with no news (I don't understand why I need to follow up on their work - they should be contacting me with a status update), I asked for escalation department. They put me on hold for more than 45 minutes. I called again and the lady in corporate services started giving me an attitude. This reminded me of the Undercover Boss episode where the customer service representative was talking down to the customer on the phone. She said the matter is between myself and the subcontracted service that Sears Canada hired, but she would not give me a phone number to reach the repairman for me to try to resolve the problem myself. After three follow-ups, it was not like Sears was going to help me and get involved. So is it worth paying Sears for extended warranty service when the service is horrendous or barely there? How can it take a 7 weeks+ to order a part for a 4 year old fridge? What is their parts obsolescense management strategy? Sears, you have disappointed me and you will lose your customer base as you continue to provide horrible customer support services. You have made it to my blacklist of stores of where not to shop anymore.

• St
    stan110 Dec 29, 2010

I sent my snow
    blower to be fixed in October, just picked it up in time for the snow storm, It does not work!!!
    I was told somone would come the next day, they never came!!! Called 3 times for manager and they left me on hold 20 minutes, I finally hung up!!!

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I received a Craftsmen compound miter saw for Christmas of 2009, the fence broke under normal usage late spring, early summer. How do I get it replaced, the fence that is. The product works great.

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I received a Craftsman compund mitrer saw for Christmas of 2009, the fence broke under normal usage in late spring/early summer. How do get it replaced, the fence that is .

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I have a compound miter saw, it works correctly, but the ruler behind it broke under normal usage had a year's warrenty at the time got for Christmas, 2009. Broke some time in the spring or early summer of 2009. Can I get it replaced? It is the fence with ruler marks on it.

• Uj
    ujj Oct 02, 2010

They sent a wrong technician to our house who came very late. and told us we would have to reschedule. So, very disappointed sears. Get your game up

• Th
    thrush48272 Aug 30, 2010

I called the 1-800-4-My-Home today to inquire what might be the cause of my End of Cycle Signal on my dryer staying on. All I got was an agent trying to sell me a repair option plan. I didn't even get a chance to tell him what was wrong before he started telling me how WONDERFUL plan one is. I got no satisfaction at all!!!

• Au
    Augh!inVirginia Jun 14, 2010

My complaint about Sears Home Service is valid and still on-going; it's much too long and exasperating to detail here. I just want everyone out there to know that these folks have such abysmal customer service. There were way too many people handling this complaint. Not counting the 3 different people I spoke with during the problem with scheduling the return visit, there were at least 12 personnel from various departments, 6 of them from Customer Solutions alone! I have had to re-state my complaint too many times. The billing dispute form isn't even accurate in describing my complaint. There is a tremendous lack of cohesion within the Customer Solutions department in Hoffman Estates, Il., as well as at the Chesapeake Service District in Glen Burnie, MD. I will never again shop at Sears or Kmart and will definitely never use Sears Home Service for any reason.

• Da
    David DiGregorio Apr 20, 2010

i had a schedule appoint to have my dishwasher i bought from sears delivered and installed the night before the next morning appoint at 9:00 pm the installer called and as me if i am the correct person then saids i will not make your appointment and i need to reschedule
    it for the another day he stated i said i can not make it that day he stated with the goverment rebate he is to busy and he will cancel my order and hung up on me.
    I am not trying with sears all day to reschedule to another day with another installer however they can not schedule it untill the previous one releases my order
    now i have to spend the rest of the day to reschedule and then when i do reschedule hope they do come to install a product i bought from them and paid them $149.00 to install it

• I can't believe this. I thought using Sears would be the best bet to get an oven repaired and it has been a joke. I now find this page and wish I would of found it sooner. I have had a nightmare of an experience which has become pretty funny. From broken parts to no parts at all. It has been over a month and I still do not have a working oven but they have my money since I had to pay up front. How stupid was I?

• Am
    amymarie Feb 19, 2010

i have a washer and I have been tring to get fixed for 3 weeks first it was they only had appointments for my area on thursdays between 8:00am and 12:00 pm never came or called when I called driver had fallen behind some how they had another day in my area which was friday I get him here he doent have part he has to order it got told 2 days and when it gets here they will come right out, well got part 7 days later called and they made for today but I got call from them asking when I could set another appointment not knowing what the H *** was going on I said no I have a appointment today they said no its not in there paperwork they said the person who took call never put in that part was here so now I have to wait another 6 days this all started FEBRUARY 9 this all started and its stll not fixed never again will I shop at sears for anything ever

• To
    todo Jan 05, 2010

I am also fed up with Sears. Please someone, tell me who is running the place or is it on hold. Noone knows what they are doing, nor do they care Who is the CEO does he see the complaints? Help !! Diana

Chana B. Oct 22, 2009

I went online yesterday and schedule a service call for my dishwasher ; a spot was open for today 10/22/09 for 8am-12pm. I waited all morning for them and when they did not show up or call - I called soon after 12:00pm & they told me that it has been reschedule for 1-5pm for the same day. I was very upset; I 've could of done so many errands while my kids were at school.! All they could do was to say they were "sorry" and to reschedule. So I just accepted to reschedule for same day now btw 1-5pm so I can just get it over with...but guess what? They never called, never showed up...and wanted to reschedule me for another slot, sometime next week. They told me three excuses, which none was true: a dispatcher call to reschedule with me, the technician called and they said I hung up on him, the route was no longer 'enroute' because I took it off. I called at least every hour to make sure that the technician was still coming btw 1-5pm and on every call, they told me yes. But when I called a little after 5pm when noone called or showed up, they told me the three lame "untruth" excuses above. And they could not do anything now because it's 5:00pm and their dispatchers and technicians are now closed and off duty. I said to them, I like to see any phone records fm them showing they called, because I get my cell phone records and showthat I did not receive one phone call fm them at all. I wasted the whole entire day waiting for them! Could you believe that? Thus, I told them to cancel the appointment and credit me for the totaled I paid online. They said they can do that, and I have to wait for 7-10business days to show the credit ...we will wait to see.

DO NOT USE THEM! YOU WOULD THINK "SEARS" IS MORE RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Ki
    Kim H. Oct 18, 2009

We had our daughter's second birthday party on Saturday, 9/26/09. While heating up a load of meatballs for the party, the bottom of the pot stuck to and broke the burner on my flat top stove. The other burners still work, so the stove isn't entirely out of commission, but it's a pain being limited to using only one of the two large burners until it's fixed. Because the stove is still under warranty--it's less than a year old, and we were also dumb enough to buy the extended warranty--my husband called 1-800-4-MY-HOME later that same night to schedule service. (Dumb move #2.)

He reached a representative, and because we both work full time from Monday through Friday, they scheduled an appointment for a tech to come out to FIX the stove (remember that word...it's a key point, ) the following Saturday, 10/3/09, sometime between 1 and 5. He provides not only our home phone number, but also both of our cell phone numbers for backup. And we begin to adjust to cooking on the other burners.

Fast forward to 10/3. My toddler and I are stuck at home all afternoon, waiting for the tech to show up. 1:00 passes, then 2:00, 3:00, 4:00...I'm starting to get annoyed, because I've wasted an entire day that could have been spent running errands, going grocery shopping, swimming at the Y with my kid, or any number of more interesting and necessary things. I call my husband (who is working overtime, ) to see if the tech has called him yet. Of course, he has not called. Finally, at 4:45, my cell phone rings...the guy has just pulled into our driveway. I put our 3 dogs in the basement so they're out of his way, and I let the guy in...he looks to be about 20, and is carrying a laptop computer instead of a toolbox. Not a good sign. He looks at the divot in the cracked and unusable burner, and basically says, "Yeah, that's definitely broken." Then he proceeds to give me a seriously dummied-down tutorial on how to properly use my stove. (Needless to say, by this time, I'm beginning to get really ticked off.) Once he's finished, he turns around, punches a few numbers into his laptop, folds it up and tells me that he's just ordered the part, which would be shipped to our house via UPS, and had scheduled an appointment for another tech to come out a week from the the following Tuesday, once again between 1 and 5, to install the new stovetop because...get this...THEY DON'T DO THE ACTUAL SERVICE ON SATURDAYS!!! As calmly as I could at this point, I explained to WonderBoy that we had been told that he was being sent out to FIX the stove. He assured me, once again, that they only do inspection calls and order parts on Saturdays, but never the actual service. He actually kind of laughed as he was strolling out the door. Because we both have to work for a living, and can't just drop everything to hang out at home waiting for their techs to show up--a fact which the "customer service" representatives at 1-800-4-MY-HOME seem incapable of understanding--my husband called them that night to complain. He was hung up on once, and in spite of numerous transferred calls to "supervisors", never did manage to accomplish anything but to reschedule the appointment to a slightly less inconvenient weekday.

Fast forward once again to Tuesday 10/13, the date of the appointment scheduled for us by WonderBoy, which my husband had already cancelled and rescheduled. I'm leaving work at 5:00 PM, and turn on my cell phone to call my husband. There is a voice mail message waiting for me from 1-800-4-MY-HOME (which had apparently been left early that morning, ) to confirm that the tech would be arriving sometime between 1 and 5 that day, when no one was planning to be at home. I have no idea if they showed up or not...I kind of hope they did, just so they were inconvenienced. My husband, totally fed up with them by this time, calls up to scream at somebody until he gets his way. Eventually, an appointment is set up for a tech to FIX the stovetop on Saturday 10/17 between 8 AM and 12 noon.

On the day of our scheduled appointment--yesterday--I have some errands to run in preparation for a wedding that we are going to that evening. My husband stays home with our daughter to wait for the tech. They once again have our home number and both of our cell numbers, so there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to reach one of us. I return home from my errands at about 11:30 AM, at which time my husband informs me that the tech will not be coming. He claimed to have called our home number when he was in our area at around 9:45, but received no answer. Because he had no alternate contact numbers (BIG LIE!!!) he moved on to his next appointment. When my husband called to demand that they send him back, he was informed that all they could do was reschedule the appointment yet again.

I attempted to call to reach a supervisor, whose ear I planned to blister. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I was finally transferred...to the deliveries department, who could not help me. They told me to call 1-800-4-MY-HOME.

Today is Sunday, 10/18/09, and my stove is still broken. The moral of this story is: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy anything from Sears unless you know how fix it yourself, and don't care about service coverage under the warranty.

• De
    denstar Sep 08, 2009

1 800 4 my Home is the worst repair service ever! Took the day off work waited and called twice "You are still on the schedule" was their reply. Finally after waiting past their 5 pm deadline I called at 5:30 and "We have to reschedule you" was their reply. They are HORRIBLE

Marciec Aug 17, 2009

Sears did the same thing to me. I recently purchased a new Whirlpool gas water heater . We installed it and it does not heat the water. So we called Whirlpool and they sent us the part and told us we had to call Sears for service. We did and scheduled the appointment for 8/14/09 between 1 and 5:00pm. I had to take off work in order to be home for service. At about 4:30 I had not heard from anyone so I called the 1 800 # and the operater told me that no service was scheduled for me and also told me that they could not have scheduled service for me because my authorization number was not valid. So I had to call Whirlpool back and that was not true my authorization number was valid. So I called Sears back and asked to speak to a supervisor, He then scheduled me for emergency service assuring me they would show on 8/15/09 between 1 - 5:00. I could not take off work so my husband did. We recieved a confirmation phone call the night before reminding us of the service. At about 2:30 my husband got nervouse and called the 800 # and was told that no techs were in the area so they would not be able to serve us again. So I called back and asked to talk to the CSI department and the lady was very rude and didnt care at all that we still dont have hot water and both of us have now missed work for this no show company. Whirlpool called them to find out why they didnt show and Sears lied and said that they tried to call both of us and we didnt answer. We gave them our cell #'s which we have on us 24 7. Not to mention the phone records to prove it. It just doesnt seem fare that no one cares about other people. Maybe they should all have to take cold showers. In the mean time it is now 8/17/09 and we still dont have hot water. My best advice is don't buy whirlpool or Sears.
    exspecially Sears!

Maria3023 Aug 10, 2009

I bought a $2400.00 TV with a 5 year extended warranty from Sears and have had nothing but problems. First of all they gave me the wrong TV, I returned it and got the correct TV. It blew up on me within a week. Went back and got another TV, called for my first warranty service and the tech that came to the house barely spoke English and was rude. I had been in an accident and had some severe injuries so I couldn't move the TV away from the wall before he got here. I asked him to help me move it and he refused and started cursing me. I had to throw him off my property. I complained to Sears 4 my home and they didn't send another tech out they just ignored me. I called back again this year to get my yearly cleaning and the tech came out replaced a couple of bulbs and cleaned it. After he left my son tried to turn the TV on and it won't even come on. He said the tech didn't even try it to see if it still worked after working on it. It worked fine when I left for work this morning! I called customer service 5 times and they refuse to send the tech back today or even tomorrow. They said they have to treat me like a new appointment! This is unacceptable! I will never buy another thing from SEARS!!! I will hound them until I get some satisfaction even if I have to go throw the TV on their doorstep!

• Je
    Jenni W Jun 26, 2009

So, I'm sitting here at work and my cell phone rings about 1:45PM. I hear this man on the other end. The only words I could make out were "I'll be at your home in 5 minutes to fix your dishwasher." After taking a second to shake off the shock, I told him that I'm at work & no one told me he was coming today. He said that this happens sometimes. I told him I could be home in 20 minutes. He said that wasn't a problem - he could wait on me. So, I bend about every traffic law to get to my house. He looks over my dishwasher & says it needs a new gasket (which I probably could have done myself). He's there 15 minutes & he's out the door. So, now I'm back at work finishing my day. Apparently, after screwing up my original appointment, they expected me to sit at home every day until they decided to show up. Never mind that I have a job & don't have the luxury of staying home all day every day. Sure, I could have put the new gasket in myself, but it's the whole principle of the situation. I bought an extended warrantee on this appliance & I expected to receive some decent service when I needed it. Silly me. Actually, the service wasn't too bad. It was the scheduling department that really blew it! Now, just watch. I bet someone still shows up on 7/18. I'll laugh my a** off if someone comes to fix my dishwasher.