Sears 1-800-4-My-Homepoor service

I have had problems on several occasions now with sears 4 my home service. Today is no exception. I set up an appointment for the morning with my taking off of work. The service person does not show up nor call. Last week i had an appointment set up for the same problem. Nobody from sears called. Finally i called and found out that i would have to reschedule, because the service tech assigned to me called in sick. I don't understand how a large organization can schedule, and not have other techs available, when one tech calls in sick.

I have also had problems with a tech coming out on no less than 3 - 4 occasions and replace the same part, when it did not fix the problem. On top of that, his people skills were very lacking. Finally, i got a different tech, who fixed the problem, which did require replacing a more expensive part in my washing machine.

• Jf
    J. Frierson Apr 13, 2008

Sears is terrible. I am never buying any more appliances from them. My washer broke and it took them forever to come out and fix it. I asked to be reimbursed for laundry mat fees and that was in February. Now it is April. Now my washer is doing the same thing when the tub broke the last time. The tech was trying to say that I was overloading the washer too much. Come on I have been washing forever and I know how to wash clothes. I hate Sears. I have four kids and laundry mat fees are 30.00 and up for me per week. When I spend my money the product needs to be reliable.

• St
    Stephen Davis May 13, 2008

I have been waiting for 3 days for Sears to come out and fix my wash machine. First I received a phone call stating that someone will be out of Friday5/9/08. After having my father waiting at my house all day, no one showed up. I get another call on Saturday, the very same thing. No one showed up. I get a call on Monday, again no one showed up. How can you run a successful business when you have no employees doing their job!! This is absolutely riduculous. I have never seen such a low attribute of service. After having my house custom designed with all of the appliances from Sears, I am extremely belittled. I will never shop at Sears again. For my next project ( my garage), I'm going somewhere else.

• Di
    Divyanka Tripathi May 27, 2008

Sears is dumb! I called 18004myhome, but the persom did show up! It was supposed to be $65 for the price of coming to our home. We thought something was wrong with our refrigerator, but it turned out nothing was wrong with it. The tech charged a bizzare price of $353! This made me mad. Nothng was wrong with the refrigerator, but he charged even more than the regular price for home service! I felt like sueing sears! I thought it was just a scam, so, I didn't give money. I called sear service and they said it was supposed to be $353! This made me even more mad. They said they were going to charge 3% more interest because I didn't pay for the check! This made me pay more. I wanted to sue sears, but I didn't! Sears is a horrible service!!!

• Ac
    achamblee Jul 09, 2008

We have been without air conditioning since May 23. It is now mid-July. We have had 4 days over 100 degrees. They have admitted the warranty covers the AC. They have sent 3 people over to pretend to measure the unit and get serial numbers for replacement. Hey, Sears! The serial number is on your own paperwork! The local office has successfully dragged their feet and now we are coming up to August. I am sending them a hotel bill and a lawyer's letter, and filing a complaint with bbb.org.

Annalea Sep 09, 2008

The scheduling people at 1-800-4-M-HOME are lousy. The English skills of the woman I spoke to are superficial, and the cultural and in-depth knowledge necessary to do more than a computer could do are simply not there. I finally had to call a different number to get someone in the United States, who then talked to his manager, who intervened on my behalf. There's no escape, so if you have a service agreement with Sears, hope dearly that you don't need to use it more often than the yearly preventative maintenance checkup.

We might buy from Sears again, but are looking for a less-onerous option next time!

• Cj
    c jensen Sep 15, 2008

WE have had nothing but problems w/ Sears repair & will NEVER EVER buy a thing from SEARS. They dont show for sceduled appointments, shedule appoints & dont tell you, show up & dont have the part they are suppose to have, mail parts & send the wrong ones, send multiples of a part when only one is needed... NEVER AGAIN SEARS!

• Do
    Dolores Apr 23, 2009

I have had the exact same issues with my tractor repair...for 3 years in a row I have had the repair tech cancel and not show up every time... I also went the whole summer without the tractor being fixed... starting in early April... they did not get it fixed until August... I had to borrow a neighbors tractor... just to try and keep the lawn managable... very very very disgusted with sears! What did they do to make ammends... a $60 dollar sears credit... they can stick it!

• Od
    Odilia fuentes Apr 27, 2009

I didn't have my credic for a servises that I not recived and I paid

• Pa
    Paul May 25, 2009

I have a riding lawnmower/tractor that I purchased from Sears in 1997 and it worked well for 11 years but needed to be tuned up and sharpened and the battery didn't hold a charge well. The guy came on time and the mower worked OK--for a week, and then it wouldn't start because the starter wouldn't engage, just made a clicking noise. The repairman came back and said the starter had worn out, not unusual in an 11-year-old machine. He quoted me a price for replacing it, and then said I could save myself some money by doing it myself. He showed me how and gave me the part number. I ordered one online and replaced it myself. The Sears guy didn't even charge me for coming back, since it had been such a short time since he came before. I don't dis-believe all the bad reports I've read on this website, but I just want to give credit for a good service experience too.

misstoga May 28, 2009

I have had similar problems with Sears making appointments 2 weeks out and having them not show up or show up after the 4 hour window. This time I have been without a dryer for over 2 weeks. This complete lack of cusotmer service is beyond horrific and I for one will never spend another penny with them. For those in California I just found the following that may help:

The law is California Civil Code Section 1722:

(a) (1) Whenever a contract is entered into between aconsumer and a retailer with 25 or more employees relating to thesale of merchandise which is to be delivered by the retailer or theretailer's agent to the consumer at a later date, and the partieshave agreed that the presence of the consumer is required at the timeof delivery, the retailer and the consumer shall agree, either atthe time of the sale or at a later date prior to the delivery date, on a four-hour time period within which any delivery shall be made.Whenever a contract is entered into between a consumer and a retailerwith 25 or more employees for service or repair of merchandise, whether or not the merchandise was sold by the retailer to theconsumer, and the parties have agreed that the presence of theconsumer is required at the time of service or repair, upon receiptof a request for service or repair under the contract, the retailerand the consumer shall agree, prior to the date of service or repair, on a four-hour period within which the service or repair shall becommenced. Once a delivery, service, or repair time is established, the retailer or the retailer's agent shall deliver the merchandise tothe consumer, or commence service or repair of the merchandise, within that four-hour period. (2) If the merchandise is not delivered, or service or repair arenot commenced, within the specified four-hour period, except fordelays caused by unforeseen or unavoidable occurrences beyond thecontrol of the retailer, the consumer may bring an action in smallclaims court against the retailer for lost wages, expenses actuallyincurred, or other actual damages not exceeding a total of sixhundred dollars ($600). (3) No action shall be considered valid if the consumer was notpresent at the time, within the specified period, when the retaileror the retailer's agent attempted to make the delivery, service, orrepairs or made a diligent attempt to notify the consumer bytelephone or in person of its inability to do so because ofunforeseen or unavoidable occurrences beyond its control. Ifnotification is by telephone, the retailer or the retailer's agentshall leave a telephone number for a return telephone call by theconsumer to the retailer or its agent, to enable the consumer toarrange a new two-hour period for delivery, service, or repair withthe retailer or the retailer's agent. (4) In any small claims action, logs and other business recordsmaintained by the retailer or the retailer's agent in the ordinarycourse of business shall be prima facie evidence of the time periodspecified for the delivery, service, or repairs and of the time whenthe merchandise was delivered, or of a diligent attempt by theretailer or the retailer's agent to notify the consumer of delaycaused by unforeseen or unavoidable occurrences. (5) It shall be a defense to the action if a diligent attempt wasmade to notify the consumer of the delay caused by unforeseen orunavoidable occurrences beyond the control of the retailer or theretailer's agent, or the retailer or the retailer's agent was unableto notify the consumer of the delay because of the consumer's absenceor unavailability during the four-hour period, and, in eitherinstance, the retailer or the retailer's agent makes the delivery, service, or repairs within two hours of a newly agreed upon time or, if the consumer unreasonably declines to arrange a new time for thedelivery, service, or repairs.

Jenni W Jun 25, 2009

I called the 800 number on Monday. Made an appointment for someone to come out on Wednesday between 1 & 5 to look at my leaking dishwasher. The Sears lady that I spoke to said that I'd get a phone call the day before to confirm the time. And she said someone would call before coming out. She even repeated 1 to 5 back to me. I even gave her my cell number in case I didn't get home from work before 1PM. I had to take off work & arrange for someone to back up my work load. I wrote down 'Sears, Wed, 1-5' in several places; even told my backup that I'd be gone in the afternoon to wait for Sears. I got home at 12:50 to find a note on my door that Sears had been there at 8:40AM. And there was a voice mail saying that he (Sears repairman) was sitting in my drive. I got no confirmation phone call on Tuesday. If I had, and they said they were coming between 8 & 12, I could have called work to change my arrangements. And calling from my driveway is NOT calling before he comes. That's calling when he gets there. And NO ONE ever called my cell number. I called the 800 number again upon seeing this note stuck to my door. After being on hold for 20 minutes, the person I spoke to (Josh, I doubt that was his real name beside he could barely speak English) said their computer said I was scheduled between 8 & 12. I told him that was WRONG! I ended up speaking to his supervisor (I assume). She also said the computer said 8 to 12. Now, I usually make these appointment in the afternoon. Why in the world would I make an appointment for the morning and write down 1-5 to 2 different places? Well, their computers should also have a timestamp of when I called & whom I talked to. They had better find their recordings (which the annoying computer voice told me the transaction would be recorded for quality control before I spoke to a live person). They'll hear that the appointment was made for the afternoon. Now, I'm stuck sitting at home all day Saturday in case they pull the same stunt again. I'll think long and hard before buying another Sears appliance. My grandfather worked for Sears for many years. He would be rolling in his grave right now if he knew this was going on. Do yourself a favor - if you call this number, write down the day, time, person you talked to - all of the details that you can think to write down. So, when they pull this with you, you can throw the facts back at them.

Jenni W Jun 26, 2009

Would you believe Sears called me last night to reschedule!! And they wouldn't give me a reason as to why they needed to reschedule. So, now we've gone from the so called 'missed' appointment on 6/24 to 'they can't get there' until 7/18 (Saturday). I am beyond livid!! They wanted me to take more time off work to sit around and wait on them. I can't take anymore time off work for them to screw me over again! They'll screw up the time again & try to tell me it's my fault again. Then, I'd have to take even more time off for the whole cycle to repeat itself. I'm going down to the store where I bought the dishwasher & I'm going to raise the roof!

Jenni W Jun 26, 2009

So, I'm sitting here at work and my cell phone rings about 1:45PM. I hear this man on the other end. The only words I could make out were "I'll be at your home in 5 minutes to fix your dishwasher." After taking a second to shake off the shock, I told him that I'm at work & no one told me he was coming today. He said that this happens sometimes. I told him I could be home in 20 minutes. He said that wasn't a problem - he could wait on me. So, I bend about every traffic law to get to my house. He looks over my dishwasher & says it needs a new gasket (which I probably could have done myself). He's there 15 minutes & he's out the door. So, now I'm back at work finishing my day. Apparently, after screwing up my original appointment, they expected me to sit at home every day until they decided to show up. Never mind that I have a job & don't have the luxury of staying home all day every day. Sure, I could have put the new gasket in myself, but it's the whole principle of the situation. I bought an extended warrantee on this appliance & I expected to receive some decent service when I needed it. Silly me. Actually, the service wasn't too bad. It was the scheduling department that really blew it! Now, just watch. I bet someone still shows up on 7/18. I'll laugh my a** off if someone comes to fix my dishwasher.

Maria3023 Aug 10, 2009

I bought a $2400.00 TV with a 5 year extended warranty from Sears and have had nothing but problems. First of all they gave me the wrong TV, I returned it and got the correct TV. It blew up on me within a week. Went back and got another TV, called for my first warranty service and the tech that came to the house barely spoke English and was rude. I had been in an accident and had some severe injuries so I couldn't move the TV away from the wall before he got here. I asked him to help me move it and he refused and started cursing me. I had to throw him off my property. I complained to Sears 4 my home and they didn't send another tech out they just ignored me. I called back again this year to get my yearly cleaning and the tech came out replaced a couple of bulbs and cleaned it. After he left my son tried to turn the TV on and it won't even come on. He said the tech didn't even try it to see if it still worked after working on it. It worked fine when I left for work this morning! I called customer service 5 times and they refuse to send the tech back today or even tomorrow. They said they have to treat me like a new appointment! This is unacceptable! I will never buy another thing from SEARS!!! I will hound them until I get some satisfaction even if I have to go throw the TV on their doorstep!

Marciec Aug 17, 2009

Sears did the same thing to me. I recently purchased a new Whirlpool gas water heater . We installed it and it does not heat the water. So we called Whirlpool and they sent us the part and told us we had to call Sears for service. We did and scheduled the appointment for 8/14/09 between 1 and 5:00pm. I had to take off work in order to be home for service. At about 4:30 I had not heard from anyone so I called the 1 800 # and the operater told me that no service was scheduled for me and also told me that they could not have scheduled service for me because my authorization number was not valid. So I had to call Whirlpool back and that was not true my authorization number was valid. So I called Sears back and asked to speak to a supervisor, He then scheduled me for emergency service assuring me they would show on 8/15/09 between 1 - 5:00. I could not take off work so my husband did. We recieved a confirmation phone call the night before reminding us of the service. At about 2:30 my husband got nervouse and called the 800 # and was told that no techs were in the area so they would not be able to serve us again. So I called back and asked to talk to the CSI department and the lady was very rude and didnt care at all that we still dont have hot water and both of us have now missed work for this no show company. Whirlpool called them to find out why they didnt show and Sears lied and said that they tried to call both of us and we didnt answer. We gave them our cell #'s which we have on us 24 7. Not to mention the phone records to prove it. It just doesnt seem fare that no one cares about other people. Maybe they should all have to take cold showers. In the mean time it is now 8/17/09 and we still dont have hot water. My best advice is don't buy whirlpool or Sears.
    exspecially Sears!

• De
    denstar Sep 08, 2009

1 800 4 my Home is the worst repair service ever! Took the day off work waited and called twice "You are still on the schedule" was their reply. Finally after waiting past their 5 pm deadline I called at 5:30 and "We have to reschedule you" was their reply. They are HORRIBLE

• Ki
    Kim H. Oct 18, 2009

We had our daughter's second birthday party on Saturday, 9/26/09. While heating up a load of meatballs for the party, the bottom of the pot stuck to and broke the burner on my flat top stove. The other burners still work, so the stove isn't entirely out of commission, but it's a pain being limited to using only one of the two large burners until it's fixed. Because the stove is still under warranty--it's less than a year old, and we were also dumb enough to buy the extended warranty--my husband called 1-800-4-MY-HOME later that same night to schedule service. (Dumb move #2.)

He reached a representative, and because we both work full time from Monday through Friday, they scheduled an appointment for a tech to come out to FIX the stove (remember that word...it's a key point, ) the following Saturday, 10/3/09, sometime between 1 and 5. He provides not only our home phone number, but also both of our cell phone numbers for backup. And we begin to adjust to cooking on the other burners.

Fast forward to 10/3. My toddler and I are stuck at home all afternoon, waiting for the tech to show up. 1:00 passes, then 2:00, 3:00, 4:00...I'm starting to get annoyed, because I've wasted an entire day that could have been spent running errands, going grocery shopping, swimming at the Y with my kid, or any number of more interesting and necessary things. I call my husband (who is working overtime, ) to see if the tech has called him yet. Of course, he has not called. Finally, at 4:45, my cell phone rings...the guy has just pulled into our driveway. I put our 3 dogs in the basement so they're out of his way, and I let the guy in...he looks to be about 20, and is carrying a laptop computer instead of a toolbox. Not a good sign. He looks at the divot in the cracked and unusable burner, and basically says, "Yeah, that's definitely broken." Then he proceeds to give me a seriously dummied-down tutorial on how to properly use my stove. (Needless to say, by this time, I'm beginning to get really ticked off.) Once he's finished, he turns around, punches a few numbers into his laptop, folds it up and tells me that he's just ordered the part, which would be shipped to our house via UPS, and had scheduled an appointment for another tech to come out a week from the the following Tuesday, once again between 1 and 5, to install the new stovetop because...get this...THEY DON'T DO THE ACTUAL SERVICE ON SATURDAYS!!! As calmly as I could at this point, I explained to WonderBoy that we had been told that he was being sent out to FIX the stove. He assured me, once again, that they only do inspection calls and order parts on Saturdays, but never the actual service. He actually kind of laughed as he was strolling out the door. Because we both have to work for a living, and can't just drop everything to hang out at home waiting for their techs to show up--a fact which the "customer service" representatives at 1-800-4-MY-HOME seem incapable of understanding--my husband called them that night to complain. He was hung up on once, and in spite of numerous transferred calls to "supervisors", never did manage to accomplish anything but to reschedule the appointment to a slightly less inconvenient weekday.

Fast forward once again to Tuesday 10/13, the date of the appointment scheduled for us by WonderBoy, which my husband had already cancelled and rescheduled. I'm leaving work at 5:00 PM, and turn on my cell phone to call my husband. There is a voice mail message waiting for me from 1-800-4-MY-HOME (which had apparently been left early that morning, ) to confirm that the tech would be arriving sometime between 1 and 5 that day, when no one was planning to be at home. I have no idea if they showed up or not...I kind of hope they did, just so they were inconvenienced. My husband, totally fed up with them by this time, calls up to scream at somebody until he gets his way. Eventually, an appointment is set up for a tech to FIX the stovetop on Saturday 10/17 between 8 AM and 12 noon.

On the day of our scheduled appointment--yesterday--I have some errands to run in preparation for a wedding that we are going to that evening. My husband stays home with our daughter to wait for the tech. They once again have our home number and both of our cell numbers, so there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to reach one of us. I return home from my errands at about 11:30 AM, at which time my husband informs me that the tech will not be coming. He claimed to have called our home number when he was in our area at around 9:45, but received no answer. Because he had no alternate contact numbers (BIG LIE!!!) he moved on to his next appointment. When my husband called to demand that they send him back, he was informed that all they could do was reschedule the appointment yet again.

I attempted to call to reach a supervisor, whose ear I planned to blister. After being on hold for 15 minutes, I was finally transferred...to the deliveries department, who could not help me. They told me to call 1-800-4-MY-HOME.

Today is Sunday, 10/18/09, and my stove is still broken. The moral of this story is: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy anything from Sears unless you know how fix it yourself, and don't care about service coverage under the warranty.

Chana B. Oct 22, 2009

I went online yesterday and schedule a service call for my dishwasher ; a spot was open for today 10/22/09 for 8am-12pm. I waited all morning for them and when they did not show up or call - I called soon after 12:00pm & they told me that it has been reschedule for 1-5pm for the same day. I was very upset; I 've could of done so many errands while my kids were at school.! All they could do was to say they were "sorry" and to reschedule. So I just accepted to reschedule for same day now btw 1-5pm so I can just get it over with...but guess what? They never called, never showed up...and wanted to reschedule me for another slot, sometime next week. They told me three excuses, which none was true: a dispatcher call to reschedule with me, the technician called and they said I hung up on him, the route was no longer 'enroute' because I took it off. I called at least every hour to make sure that the technician was still coming btw 1-5pm and on every call, they told me yes. But when I called a little after 5pm when noone called or showed up, they told me the three lame "untruth" excuses above. And they could not do anything now because it's 5:00pm and their dispatchers and technicians are now closed and off duty. I said to them, I like to see any phone records fm them showing they called, because I get my cell phone records and showthat I did not receive one phone call fm them at all. I wasted the whole entire day waiting for them! Could you believe that? Thus, I told them to cancel the appointment and credit me for the totaled I paid online. They said they can do that, and I have to wait for 7-10business days to show the credit ...we will wait to see.

DO NOT USE THEM! YOU WOULD THINK "SEARS" IS MORE RESPONSIBLE AND HAVE BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• To
    todo Jan 05, 2010

I am also fed up with Sears. Please someone, tell me who is running the place or is it on hold. Noone knows what they are doing, nor do they care Who is the CEO does he see the complaints? Help !! Diana

• Am
    amymarie Feb 19, 2010

i have a washer and I have been tring to get fixed for 3 weeks first it was they only had appointments for my area on thursdays between 8:00am and 12:00 pm never came or called when I called driver had fallen behind some how they had another day in my area which was friday I get him here he doent have part he has to order it got told 2 days and when it gets here they will come right out, well got part 7 days later called and they made for today but I got call from them asking when I could set another appointment not knowing what the H *** was going on I said no I have a appointment today they said no its not in there paperwork they said the person who took call never put in that part was here so now I have to wait another 6 days this all started FEBRUARY 9 this all started and its stll not fixed never again will I shop at sears for anything ever

• I can't believe this. I thought using Sears would be the best bet to get an oven repaired and it has been a joke. I now find this page and wish I would of found it sooner. I have had a nightmare of an experience which has become pretty funny. From broken parts to no parts at all. It has been over a month and I still do not have a working oven but they have my money since I had to pay up front. How stupid was I?

• Da
    David DiGregorio Apr 20, 2010

i had a schedule appoint to have my dishwasher i bought from sears delivered and installed the night before the next morning appoint at 9:00 pm the installer called and as me if i am the correct person then saids i will not make your appointment and i need to reschedule
    it for the another day he stated i said i can not make it that day he stated with the goverment rebate he is to busy and he will cancel my order and hung up on me.
    I am not trying with sears all day to reschedule to another day with another installer however they can not schedule it untill the previous one releases my order
    now i have to spend the rest of the day to reschedule and then when i do reschedule hope they do come to install a product i bought from them and paid them $149.00 to install it

• Au
    Augh!inVirginia Jun 14, 2010

My complaint about Sears Home Service is valid and still on-going; it's much too long and exasperating to detail here. I just want everyone out there to know that these folks have such abysmal customer service. There were way too many people handling this complaint. Not counting the 3 different people I spoke with during the problem with scheduling the return visit, there were at least 12 personnel from various departments, 6 of them from Customer Solutions alone! I have had to re-state my complaint too many times. The billing dispute form isn't even accurate in describing my complaint. There is a tremendous lack of cohesion within the Customer Solutions department in Hoffman Estates, Il., as well as at the Chesapeake Service District in Glen Burnie, MD. I will never again shop at Sears or Kmart and will definitely never use Sears Home Service for any reason.

• Th
    thrush48272 Aug 30, 2010

I called the 1-800-4-My-Home today to inquire what might be the cause of my End of Cycle Signal on my dryer staying on. All I got was an agent trying to sell me a repair option plan. I didn't even get a chance to tell him what was wrong before he started telling me how WONDERFUL plan one is. I got no satisfaction at all!!!

• Uj
    ujj Oct 02, 2010

They sent a wrong technician to our house who came very late. and told us we would have to reschedule. So, very disappointed sears. Get your game up

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I have a compound miter saw, it works correctly, but the ruler behind it broke under normal usage had a year's warrenty at the time got for Christmas, 2009. Broke some time in the spring or early summer of 2009. Can I get it replaced? It is the fence with ruler marks on it.

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I received a Craftsman compund mitrer saw for Christmas of 2009, the fence broke under normal usage in late spring/early summer. How do get it replaced, the fence that is .

john Ripberger Dec 28, 2010

I received a Craftsmen compound miter saw for Christmas of 2009, the fence broke under normal usage late spring, early summer. How do I get it replaced, the fence that is. The product works great.

• St
    stan110 Dec 29, 2010

I sent my snow
    blower to be fixed in October, just picked it up in time for the snow storm, It does not work!!!
    I was told somone would come the next day, they never came!!! Called 3 times for manager and they left me on hold 20 minutes, I finally hung up!!!

• Sn
    SnowStorm Feb 17, 2011

I have a 4-years-old Kenmore refrigerator that stopped blowing cold air. The repairman came 7 weeks and determined that he need to order a new part. After 3 bi-monthly separate follow-ups with no news (I don't understand why I need to follow up on their work - they should be contacting me with a status update), I asked for escalation department. They put me on hold for more than 45 minutes. I called again and the lady in corporate services started giving me an attitude. This reminded me of the Undercover Boss episode where the customer service representative was talking down to the customer on the phone. She said the matter is between myself and the subcontracted service that Sears Canada hired, but she would not give me a phone number to reach the repairman for me to try to resolve the problem myself. After three follow-ups, it was not like Sears was going to help me and get involved. So is it worth paying Sears for extended warranty service when the service is horrendous or barely there? How can it take a 7 weeks+ to order a part for a 4 year old fridge? What is their parts obsolescense management strategy? Sears, you have disappointed me and you will lose your customer base as you continue to provide horrible customer support services. You have made it to my blacklist of stores of where not to shop anymore.

• Re
    retardcompanies May 13, 2011

These people are completely incompetent. I bought a new fridge and when I got it home the display simple said "off" and nothing I did would fix it and so the fridge would not turn on. I called their 1-800 number and told them that I just bought this fridge and I just needed someone to tell me how to turn it on or direct me to an owner's manual, becuase I had spent hours on the internet trying to find one and I could not find one. So I got a guy with a distinct accent, he said I needed a different department and transferred me, The woman who answered said I needed specialist and transfers me directly back to the first guy, I knew it was him because he had the same very distinct accent. Once again I explained, there was nothing WRONG with the fridge I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. This ### didn't even try, he just kept reading his "i'm sorry" script and telling me to call back in 12 hours when all my food would be spoiled or that he could transfer me back to the other idiot who transferred me back to him. He never attempted to lookup my model number, or tell me where I could find an owners manual or anything. So finally I just hung up on him and went back to my computer. Several hours later I found an owner's manual on the "manage my home" website and found out that my fridge was in "demo mode" and there was a button code I had to press to get it out of demo mode. I very simple and easy process that anyone working for this company should know. But no, these ###s couldn't handle that. I hope they all get hit by cars on their way home tonight.

• Cm
    C. MCDAVID Aug 03, 2012

Wow!! I should have checked this site before purchasing my air conditioner. Not even 1 year old and the problem was a leaking coil? Why, this is a BRAND NEW air conditioner. I had a Lennox for 18 years and replaced it because it was old, I REGRET THIS NOW!!
    Why I am really upset with Sears, called for service, they gave me a 1 month appointment during the heat wave and I had small children in the house. Then when the guy came out it seems that he is the only contractor for Sears, acting like it is a big service company. Another thing is to put in the new coil he had to cut the area above the furnace, not sure how the unit was installed when we bought it, makes me wonder if they used the old coil from my old air conditioner, because we were getting the same problem, air not cooling. Something has to be done about these large companies taking advantage of the little guy, e.g., class action law suit. Too much more to type, but do not buy from SEARS big ticket items!!! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE !!

• Bo
    bosfly Aug 18, 2012

I purchased a repair contract for my Bocsh washer and dryer the Sears WHAT A MISTAKE! 1 st appointment available was in 3 weeks. Luckily via the website I was able to rescheduled for the next day, Tech did not introduce himself, showed no id, wore ripped pants, asked me to help lower the dryer (which I didn't) and told me he had to order parts and someone else would have to come out to help him. Never offered me a rescheduling time after numerous calls to Sears I was given an appointment oddly enough on the same day as my original appointment even though the repair website showed earlier days available. I was transfered numerous times and given the run around until I finally acquiesced for August 18, 2012 8-12. At 10:35 the Tech called and said he was outside but waiting for his helper. He came in as if he had never been here before, asked what the problem was, broke the fascia panel trying to get the dryer out, while I removed the molding the assistant called from another location saying he would be a few minutes, asked me to help take the dryer down, and at 11:50 he left without saying anything. I don't know if he will be back, if someone else is coming but I do know that if A&E Repair 1-800-905 -9505 show up in a blue truck outside your house... you're screwed It's 12:15 I do not know where or when I will see this guy again.

• Mm
    mmmmsomething Jul 15, 2013

Wish I would have checked here before purchasing a service contract. We bought a Samsung front loader washer/dryer and dishwasher from Sears approximately 2 years ago and encountered our first issue with the dryer on 7/2. Called for an appointment and 7/11 was first available. Ok, I can deal with that based on the July 4th holiday. Unfortunately, the technician didn't show because he was sick. When we called to reschedule we were told we now have to wait until 7/19 because subsequent appointments had been taken. No ability to accommodate due to their mistake. Trying to explain to anyone on the phone is like talking to a brick wall. All you'll ever get is "well, my computer doesn't show any other available dates." This isn't a customer service for Sears customers, it is simply an order taking service. They'd be better off not offering this service since it is clearly going to cause customers to avoid making purchases from Sears. I know I won't be going back.

• Ri
    Rixeyville lady Sep 14, 2013

Sears 4 My Home is the WORST repair service. I will never use them to repair anything in my home ever again. In early July I reported that 2 of 4 burners on the cook top did not work. I have American Home Shield and was give Sears for this service. All appointments require that you must be available from 8 am to 5 pm daily. Complicating the factors was that this repair needed to be done in a farmhouse on a 140 acre farm which is 50 miles from my main home and 75 from my work. Visit 1: I get an appointment, send my college student son down to meet them. I get a call from Sears saying they left because nobody was there. How could this be, I had spoken to my son that very morning. He was there! Apparently, my farm gate was closed. It says 'please keep the gate closed" because I don't want to risk having my horses get loose and run onto the road. It is true you would have to get out of your vehicle and open the gate to get to the house. The idiot technician never opened the gate and never went to the house al all. Somehow Sears managed to send him back (which I now know is a miracle). He diagnosed the problem and ordered parts. Visit 2: The parts arrived and the visit was set up. Son is there. I get a call from Sears that the technician is coming. No technician. Call Sears and ask what is up. They don't know nor think it is odd that a call at 8 a.m. saying the tech was coming was made, but by 11 a.m. still no tech. Mayhe he was in an accident. Well no, he was sick and oh, so sorry but nobody could cover for him on this appointment. Visit 3: Sears sends an imbecile. Of course it is a Saturday and said imbecile comes when we are teaching riding lessons, but my son is present. He tells my son that the cooked top and melted and molded itself into the counter. He can't remove it and replace the parts we have. I guess he didn't wonder how a previous technician was able to open it to find the parts. He also, didn't bother to pull the burners/drip pans out to unscrew the 4 Phillips head screws that held the cooktop top the cooktop bottom. That took me about 30 seconds to do and I have zero experience doing it. It was not stuck in any way. Of course my son didn't know enough to run to the ring to get me. The technician left. Sears service was oh so sorry (they are all trained in handling irate customers which must happen all day long) and schedule another appointment a week later on a Friday. Visit 4: My son is there, no call from Sears. I check and "oh, your appointment is for Monday." Why did I have it in my calendar for Friday then? Since my son was in summer school, I would never have agreed to a date he had class. Visit 5: Monday. My son goes down in the hopes the service call will be in the morning. It is. Nice technician, he installs the parts and says the prior technician failed to order a thermostat. Thermostat ordered. Now all burners on the cooktop DO NOT WORK. Interlude: UPS delivers the tiny part to goodness knows where on the farm. We never receive it. Sears acts like we are criminals with a blackmarket cooktop parts business. They fob if off on UPS. It take multiple transfers and arguments to get Sears to agree to send the part again but to my home address where it will be received. It arrives eventually. Visit 6: Technician comes out, installs thermostat. Cooktop does not work. He calls me and says that we have an electrical system problem and my junction box does not work. I call American Home Shield and ask for an electrician as I actually believed Sears. American Home Shield authorized an outside contractor so I had someone out in 48 hours; They came as scheduled, were nice and found that my electricity worked fine. In fact, 30 of my burners worked! The technician had managed to install one switch incorrectly in the cooktop and it failed so that burner did not work. And they failed to catch that the power indicator light was not working, which explains why they thought it didn't work. Visit 7: Another appointment with Sears again to get the problem diagnosed. Son is in place all day long. I am at work. Sears calls me on my cell when I am meeting my boss. Since I could not answer the nanosecond the called, they decided that NOBODY was there and cancelled the appointment. Never, ever did they have any problem with someone not being there for them. When I called the service center, they were oh so sorry and could come back next week between 8 and 5.

At that point, I FIRED SEARS! I called American Home Shield and said that I wanted a new contractor right now. I never wanted to see or hear from Sears every again. They were the worst repair company I had ever met. Baboons could do a better job. Anyone reading this -- DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are the WORST!

mancavedave Nov 12, 2013

I haven't really had too many problems with Sears (thankfully). After reading these complaints, I will keep my eyes open. A once great company appears to be going down the tubes (according to these reports.) If they lose enough business, that might (key word) get their attention. As far as the "top brass" reading these complaints: don't count on it. Most CEO's could care less. Even if they do read them, they don't care. Perhaps they prefer to spend more money on advertising rather than on the "old school" method (i.e. taking care of the customer FIRST). Business 101: when you lose 1 customer, you actually could lose many more than that (word of mouth can be you best friend...or worst enemy). There are other companies out there. Again, they probably don't care about the competition. They should. Lose enough business and you will have to file for bankruptcy. Sad but true. Taking care of the customer might be too "old school" for them. If they want to "re-invent" themselves, they might want to look at what made them a great place to shop decades ago. (i.e. the problem pointing to the solution: take care of the customer FIRST and the money - and positive word of mouth - will follow, which, in turn, leads to MORE business and, subsequently, more money). Simple solutions to these problems: Say what you mean, mean what you say, guarantee your products and workmanship, show up to service appointments ON TIME, fix the problems, honor your warrantees, etc. Common sense. Maybe I'm too old fashioned to expect a company to honor their word and brand name?

michael1776 Feb 25, 2014

Sears simply does not give a darn about anything, even profits! I bought a lawn care power tool from the ( 4 stroke string trimmer) and it broke in just a few short months! The full two year warranty was not honored at all: once you take it to the service center, you are at their mercy, even if they tell you it is fully covered! I had to pay to get mine back: will you? Don't risk it, leave them to hang on their own like they deserve.

Michael Kirkpatrick Jun 04, 2014

Sears has the absolute worst customer service!
    I have been without AC for two weeks and have been waiting for the ac repairman the whole time.
    Scheduled time was for Friday between 8-12. At 1130 they called and said they would be 2 hrs late! Then as expected they did not have the right part and would be back on Moday. Since Kmart or Target or whoever bought out Sears it4 has become a company run by incompetent people that use inferior parts.

I will never buy another appliance, tool, tv or anything from Sears ever again.
    Sears member since 1994

• Rs
    R Singh S Sep 02, 2014

My stove has not been working for over two months. First they book the service to see it on July 15th for the service call made on June 27, 2014. Once the technician comes in, he looks at the problem and orders part. The part is delivered to technician on August 4th. However, no one bothered to schedule the appointment through service bench which is administered by Whirlpool. Several requests and many phone calls to technician, Whirlpool and to Sears, I finally book a service for August 29th. Technician comes in to replace the part but the stove still does not work. Technician orders another part. I called Sears to schedule an appointment and they are giving me the earliest service call on September 10th.
    They would not connect me to manager and I have left at least 10 requests for a manager to call me. They never bother. Call centre agents are dishonest and on purpose cut you off once you are on the call for over 34 minutes. This is true every time as they must be measured on how soon they resolve any issues.

I have requested other modes of communication where I could register my complaint, but they say that the phone is the only method of communication. It requested them to provide me with their manager's email, general email address, physical mailing address or even a fax number but the service agents either deny they have those modes of communications or they say that they are not at liberty to provide such information.

I would never buy anything from sears again and have already cancelled my credit cards with them. I will also be filing a consumer complaint and court action to recover my losses.

• Ho
    HONESTY_LOOKING Sep 22, 2014

I went in to the Orland Park Illinois store on 9/11/2014 and bought a water softener for $479.00 plus paid the install fee of $299.00. Sears has an installer named Galaxy Home to do its work now a days. Galaxy called 3 times to insure they'd be out as they did show up 3 days later. The guy didn't know what the hell was going on and stayed on the phone with his boss for 30 minutes. He didn't know how to install a long enough drain discharge tube to the new water softener. On top of that he left saying he'd have to go buy a "coupling piece to connect the new tube to my old since my softener was 20 feet away from the floor drain. The piece of coupling cost about $0.60cents that's sixty cents. So now Galaxy wanted to charge me this additional $35.00 do they could install a $0.60 cent coupling to my old drain tube? So what was the $299.00 for? I called up Galaxy while the installer spent his time being coached by his boss, and told them to cancel the entire install. I am not paying an additional $35.00 on top of $300 to install what is basically two pies into a water softener. Bottom line is Sears say they have contracts with installers now, in different zip codes. They do not give damn if you buy their appliances or not the won't switch installers for you so they'd rather lose your business. This is why Sears is at he very bottom of any appliance I will purchase from her on out. This is why they re losing out to Lowes, Home Depot and Menards.. Look for Sears to continue top lose stores and there customers, they are just terrible with their install and parts department.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices