Sawgrass Marriott Resort And Sparepresentable customer service

M

In regards to our arrival experience at the Sawgrass Marriott, we felt there was not enough information given to resolve the issue I had with having to leave my debit card number to hold for amenities. As I explained to your guest services representative upon arrival, and again in the survey, I operate on a cash-only basis. I explained that holding my debit card would hold cash funds from that checking account that were set aside for our vacation. $50 per day may not seem like much to some, but to us it was dinner. The representative made no mention of being able to remove the mini-bar from our room, cutting off the pay tv, etc. as an alternative to having to hold our money. She implied that this was the only way we could continue with our stay. Being that we had been in a car for 8 hours to get there, I was in no mood. I said fine, and we ate sandwiches from the Publix next door for the 3 days we were there. In addition, when trying to discuss this she was not very discreet, which I felt was embarrassing. I do not feel that the other guests checking in needed to know my financial situation. She should have just offered to have the "amenities" removed, and left it at that.

During our stay, we were placed in an adjoin room next to a very large family. When it was clear that, at 11pm, the family was not going to bed any time soon, I called the desk to ask if we could be moved to more private, quiet room. The person said no, but that he would talk to the family. I asked not to be identified, since we would probably run into them at some point. That request was ignored, and we overheard in the breezeway identifying us as the people who complained. We were embarrassed and worried about a confrontation with our 'neighbors'.

Upon check out, the girl at the desk was indifferent and uncaring. She asked how our stay was, and when I replied 'not so great', she ignored my response and did not ask for more information. She only said, "okay you are done." And that was it. My complete exchange with your staff. I was not offered a receipt, a comment card, anything. Finally, I asked that this stay be added to my Marriott rewards points, and as of today, that has yet to take place. I felt like I was interrupting her day by expecting her to do her job. She should have asked for more information and helped to at least appease us.

In short, I was made to feel foolish, embarrassed, and out of place by your staff. There has not attempt to correct this offense, and has only encouraged me to tell everyone I can about my experience with the Sawgrass Marriott.

• Updated by Keith Huddleston · Dec 12, 2019

The money was taken from underwear previously worn. I carefully hid it. I hid it on Tuesday night, added a pair of underwear on Wednesday and it was there. Thursday I added to the stack and noticed it was gone. Security checked the cameras and only me and cleaning staff had been in the room. Consider it done has not occurred with my incident.

christinehays Apr 21, 2019

Where do I submit a complaint as an employee?

• Dh
    DharamveerG Oct 09, 2019

If I give some handover may be regarded to cash after that it is not submitted and a warning letter typed against me that u not capable of work or not doing properly

• Ke
    Keith Huddleston Dec 18, 2019

I was a guest from Dec 3 - Dec 6 at the Gaylord Texan. Either $220 or $230 was stolen from my room. I reported it and security came to my room and indicated they would come back to later talk to me. They never returned. I called security on the 3rd and was told they would continue investigating and would contact me. I have not heard from them.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices