Menu
Home Retail Stores Sam's Club not real chicken

Sam's Club review: not real chicken

W
Author of the complaint
2:55 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a jar of Rotisserie Chicken Salad. It was a product made by Sams Club.
After eating a little bit of it, I thought it tasted a bit different from what it should taste like.
When I turned the jar upside down, I was shocked to find out that the product was not made from real chicken but something labeled as imitation chicken and in parentheses the explanation was a soy based product. What does that mean?

How can a company like Sams Club sell something labeled as Rotisserie Chicken salad when it is something that is not even close to chicken, misleading consumers. The item was placed very close to where they cook whole chicken on their rotisserie grill. I am sure just like me many customers probably assumed just by merely looking at the label, that it the chicken was grilled in their rotisserie.

What concerns me, is that there are many people who have all kinds of illnesses and food allergies. I have emailed Sams Club and I am waiting to hear back from them. I want them to change the label of this product and make sure that customers know they are buying imitation chicken, whatever the hell that is.

More Sam's Club complaints & reviews

Sam's Club - plus card membership
Sam's Club - do not purchase jewelry there
Sam's Club - beware of sam's club computer warranty
Sam's Club - scam artist
8 comments
Y
Dec 13, 2011 8:46 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Who cares! get over it! If you dont like it dont buy it. Next time check the label before you buy it if your just going to complain. That is good chicken salad!

F
Jun 28, 2011 3:06 pm EDT

I bought rotisserie chicken salad from Sam's and 1) it came in deli packaged container like a regular salad and 2) the ingredients only list chicken and traditional dressing PERIOD, 3) I spoke with the deli department and there is only CHICKEN and dressing in the chicken salad. Go get a life and stop posting false comments.

O
Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm EDT

I work in a Sam's Club and see 30 to 40 chickens come of off spits daily. They go straight into chicken salad.

May 11, 2011 2:48 am EDT

listen CRAPnemesis, you make a living off arguing? hows that treating you? .. ###ing loser. get a real job. of course i dont starve myself for ghana, who the ### would that? maybe your taking the comment a little to literally so let me clear things up for you and slowwwww it down since i guess they didnt teach you ### at whatever school you dropped out of to argue for a living. its not just ghana, kids everywhere dont eat everyday and there are people out the who are fortunate to eat 3 meals a day and yet thats not good enough because they have to sit and complain about some premade ### they bought a sams club. this ### is lazy and complaining about imitation chicken. you and this person need a reality check. that whole reply just shows how much of a ### you really are so im not going to say more. you did all the work :)

May 10, 2011 6:21 pm EDT

Listen mwarz if you think you are going to get some kind of back and forth argument from me here over Sams Club's ### meat you are crazy, you would never win anyway, I make a living off of arguing...so go to hell or go to Ghana you crazy ###. If you think your comment about starving kids in Ghana was not dumb...sorry, I really do not know what it had to with imitation chicken but whatever. I bet your are not starving yourself for the kids in Ghana. If you are so concerned about the starving kids in Ghana; get off of your ###, off the Complaints Board and do something about it! You have had or have more than one account here. Do not bother replying back because I will not read it. You will be talking to yourself. Use the time it would take you to TRY and say something smart here back to me and invest it into the starving kids in Ghana. Instead of feeding trolls such as you I will feed the starving kids in Ghana too, will that make you feel better?

May 07, 2011 2:06 am EDT

crapnemesis... you dont think i realize? well you thought wrong so in fact your kind of dumb. if you have any type of allergy, then you should read any and all labels, especially already prepared food from a huge wholesale chain such as sams club. is it that hard to turn the jar around and read the ingredients? it is unnecessary to have it in the front. if this person was concerned about the ingredients or allergies she would have read the label beforehand. she was a little more upset that it "tasted different" and that it wasnt real chicken.

May 07, 2011 12:46 am EDT

mwarz...I do not think you realize that people can die from food allergies...so your comment is kind of dumb. I do not think OP was upset about it being imitation chicken but rather the fact that it being soy based should have been on the front of the jar. I agree with Brenda that people with allergies should always read labels.

May 06, 2011 5:37 am EDT

this is such a heartbreaking story. im sure the starving kids in ghana would be devastated that their sams club chicken is soy based, you know since they get to eat gormet meals everyday and all.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

759 complaints