Sally's Beauty Supply.manager

A

I walked in s
Sally's approached a girl who happened to be at register talking with another employee.
I said could you help me find a product that I can go platinum ?
she picked out an ash blonde. then told me to get a frosting kit? she said get the cap pull it through.
I wondered if she misunderstood me ?I said to color roots again this is ash color she said yes use it.
I end up having my hair turn grey, green, blonde dark, and it was terrible experience I wanted to color roots not go back darker.
So salon I went to in told me they messed up my hair to do a correct coloring and she used it to bring it out.
They charged me 160.00 to bring it out where Sally employee would told me in first place I would never had to go through this problem. Grant you I like Sally's I just had wrong store with wrong type people lower class..
Tonight I asked for manager told her my problem?
She threw me out her store she couldn't explain to me why hair turned Grey.Green, she said I don't know what happened please leave.
Yes I was angry and I said how you get a job as a manager you know nothing about hair..
She was rude and it's been known several people have been complaining about that one store.
How can you work their and know nothing about hair??

• Mm
    Mmmmm123 Oct 03, 2011

Usuallyif you have blonde color/ bleach in your hair already you are at risk for the green grey look with ash. I think the first advise you got wasn't too bad. I am not a stylist but a "kitchen beautician" - I monkey around with my own hair. I am a stay at home Mom so if I mess up it's not too big a deal. The ash blonde on natural hair should have lightened it an all over color and then the highlights would have given young nice dimensional look - you could have did a full head treatment to look really blonde. Just don't try to bleach your whole head, especially if you have long hair or dark hair. I just did that and got really yellow hair. Some sites said to re bleach others said noway would cause lots of damage. One site said try ash blonde color some said would turn my hair grey but at that point I would have rather had grey hair so I trie a strand test and it toned down the yello a lot so I did my whole head and it was no longer yellow but the classic bleached blonde! Yay, right? Wrong- turns out I look horrible as a bleached blonde so I colored over that with a golden brown and now I have a nice light brown color with some highlights shining thru. Surprisingly my hair is not damaged but it is short and that helps. I think I wil need to re color before too long as bleached hair does not hold color well but it has been 2 weeks and tho lighter I am still happy.

• Di
    dia3766 Sep 28, 2011

let the buyer beware by the way i have a sister with brownish hair that also went green with ash blonde yet mine never does, how are they supposed to know if your hair will react to the color that is what the color strand test is for