Royal Holidayroyal holiday is a scam!

I would like to know if there are any class action suites against Royal Holiday. If not, we should band together and organize one. I am outraged at the lies we were told, the rudeness of all the employees I've spoken with, the complete absence of service at times, and the run-around when requesting anything from Royal holiday. As I'm sure everyone does. If we get enough people together... no court in the world could ignore us. Anyone interested, please contact my email at [protected]@hotmail.com. If anyone knows of a class action in progress, please e-mail me as much info as possible.

We can do this!

• Mi
    Michael Farris May 04, 2020

We are CR & Asociados, a law firm established in Guadalajara and in Cancún, Mexico. We have more than 18 years of experience specializing in vacation property and timeshare contracts. We work in conjunction with the Secretary of the Department of Mexican Tourism. We can help you cancel your membership and recover the money that you have invested.
    Please reply to us by email to [email protected], and we´ll discuss the terms of your contract and the options we can offer to get you out of it. Please visit our website www.cr-asociados.mx. If you want to register your information there, please ask for Paulina Nunez because she is the one who manages the English division. Also, you can find us on Facebook by typing Cancelacion Tiempo Compartido.
    We look forward to helping you.

• Ci
    Cindy Crittenden Mar 02, 2020

My family and I in the past were able to chose a number of places to vacation, but as of this year, 2020, RCI/Royal Holiday do not offer these locations anymore and I feel that it is so limited that we really do not chose any of these, thus not using our vacation points. Any ideas on what I can do?

• Ep
    EPL Jul 13, 2019

RH booked us at a dirty roach motel, told us it was a condo and wouldn't give us our points back when we let the motel to go to a real hotel. Beware of them putting you in a motel. Research the place online before booking. Satisfaction Orlando Resort is no resort at all. It's a motel with roaches!!! Do not buy this timeshare. Ever. It's a trap!!!

Comments
    Comments

Mark Miles Mar 15, 2016

I bought a timeshare with Royal Holiday and they lied to me at everything, every time I check for travel dates are not available and it's cheaper to booked flight and hotel with Expedia. The service is really bad, I asked to speak to the manager and was told that I cannot talk to her and that I cannot cancel my membership. Its been a nightmare for me!!! I was doing a research on internet about this fraudulent resort and how to get out of this fraud, i found this information and i want to share it with you, i hope it helps someone:

Mark Miles Mar 02, 2016

Jose Cerda Dec 22, 2014

I agree with all the testimonies I have read. Royal Holiday sales reps. are a pack of liars. They mislead all those who are unfortunate to get tangled in their web of lies. I am one of them. All their offers and programs are never met. When something goes wrong, the member is the one stuck with the bill even if it was the Royal Holiday employee who made the mistake. Royal Holiday only protects its own interests and it seems the company does not care about the members. The members are the "gold mine" that they keep exploiting.

If anyone has been able to get their investment back, I am willing to hear your story. Please contact me at: [email protected]

• Ca
    carol snyder May 17, 2014

We bought our package in the Bahamas Now we find out they no longer have properties in the Bahamas. This was the primary place we wanted to go. So what good is it to us?

• Va
    Vacation fraud Apr 02, 2014

Wow, my father bought rh about 20 yrs sgo in cancun, we used for about 10 yrs in a row every dec 25 to jan 1 with no problems at all, also we used it in paris, spain. With no problems and today april 1 2014, i book a vacation in rome with no problems, and cost me zero dollars only my points. Is a pain to pay the maitenance every year, but if you used is ok. I am so sorry to hear all this problems and frauds. Which are real, at some point we decided to sell the time share task imposible, so we decided to enjoy it. Hope everyone get their money back.

• Vi
    VianneyC Jun 18, 2013

Have you been able to resolve anything? I became a victim of a Royal Elite timeshare scam while vacationing in Playa del Carmen, I filed a complaint with prefeco already, but it seems to take for ever to get a final resolution! I found this forum with more complaints made on other timeshare companies in Mexico, maybe we could get some ideas on how to proceed now from it:

• Kr
    Kris bigstallion Oct 27, 2011

Has anyone ever actually had their credit impacted by this. I stopped paying a year and a half ago after they stole $500 from me for a transfer to a new owner which they were too incompetent to complete. Of course they promised to return the money but never did.

• De
    Denis and Loretta Sep 07, 2011

We no longer need or use our Cancun timeshare, it has little or no trading power with RCI. We paid in full for a studio timeshare about 15 years ago. We used it directly about 3 times and then banked it with RCI and found that it had very poor trading value. The maintenance fees became prohibitive, so we told Royal Holiday to take it back for free. They told us that they had no provisions to repo the time share. We told them that we would simply stop paying, which we did. They said that they would have a collection agency put on our case, to which I said I don't give a rat's behind. 3 years later they are sending us statements with about $2500.00 interest added. They have now called and left a message that they will forego the late charges plus interest if we just pay this year's maintenance fee of $640.00 (which has dropped from $850.00). This is also a scam to which I will not respond. They can send me all the statements in the world and have a collection agency call, but I will not pay ever. They are using scare tactics and I'm sure that the latest offer is a bate and switch scheme that will not negate the outstanding bogus bill. All they need to do is have us release the unit and they can resell it if it has any value at all!

• Fi
    firestrmsp Aug 11, 2011

Let's get our money back!!!

Cheryl Wright Jan 08, 2011

Has anyone found a way out. I do not want my credit to get ruined. I don't want to pay anymore maintenance fee's or go to any of their resorts and pay for all inclusive for their awful food. [email protected]

• Li
    Linda Hart Jan 06, 2011

Isn't there an attorney among all of us who would be willing to start a class action lawsuit?
    We haven't paid any fees since 2008 & get telephone offers & email at least every month telling us that all past dues & charges will be waived if we pay current maintenance fee plus a few hundred, & we don't they will report our delinquency to all 3 credit bureaus &our credit will be severely damaged. The calls originate in Florida.

• Co
    Connie Chaffin Jan 05, 2011

We purchased RH in 2000 in the bahamas and we have had problems also. I'm also fed up with the rising maintenance fees. we were also told that at any time we wanted to sell all we had to do was call them and they would sell it for us. That was a lie also. If anyone can find a way out of this I would like to know.
    1-5-2011 Connie Chaffin [email protected]

• Bh
    Bhavish Dec 28, 2010

Hi, We have also been scammed on our recent trip to Bavaro princess.
    Please let us know as to how any body resolved this issue.

• Du
    dulzura Oct 21, 2010

Royal Holiday Club is a scam

Royal Holiday Club is an international institution that is dedicated to scam many people all over the world. I am one of the following people that have been robbed by this particular club. I went for holidays to Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) on December 7, 2009. I stayed at the hotel Bavaro Princess for the time being. When I was in the lobby of the hotel I met a sales person that worked for Royal Holiday club, he also said that Royal Holiday Club was a part of the hotel; he then invited us to his office. When we arrived to their office they served us wine and all kinds of alcoholic’s drinks. They made sure that we were completely drunk, so then they started talking about business, telling us how successful they are in their tourist industry. They talked so innocently that we believed everything that they have said to us. They brain washed us until we decided to buy from them for what they call timeshares or holidays for life.

We bought the membership from them and we paid more than $3000.00USD. These thieves told me that we can cancel the membership in 20 days if I am not pleased with the purchase. When I arrived to Canada I realized that I have been robbed by this company then me immediately I contacted them by sending register mail but they never responded. I am a victim that has been robbed like the other millions of North Americans that are in the same position as me.

I tried to contact the Dominican Republic authorities and I have mentioned them of the scam that is running in their country, but their was no use complaining because they didn’t do anything about it. And then called the Ministry of tourist and Dominican Republic, but is the same thing they told me that they are doing an investigation about this company. I do not know if they will get my money back.

The government of Canada should put signs of travel warnings to countries like Dominican Republic and Mexico in all airports to prevent this from happening to Canadian citizens.

Sincerely,

• At
    A.Tess Sep 27, 2010

My husband and I purchased a trial membership from Cancum in 2007. We used it once in Puerto Vallarta but were not happy with the place and service. Their food sucks. We booked again for the Punta Cana resort last year but due to the earthquake in Haiti we cancelled it. We paid $1, 000.00 for the all inclusive fee. Cancelling it was very stressful. I was promised at first that I will be refunded within 5 days. It took them a month to reimburse it and that was after tons of calls to RH. The representatives I talked were all rude, keep transfering my calls from one service department to another. Today, I tried to activate my 3-4 days cruise certificate and at first told me that my certificate expired Dec. 2009 and then told me me that I can use it if I book it within the next 24 hours and so I did. My certificate amount was supposedly for $199.00. The center was charging me for over $1, 000.00 per person just to go to Cabo San Lucas from San Diego. I was furious. This is really crazy and absurd. We were really scumed by them. Our $7000, 00 is down the drain.
    Let us all get together to make the action lawsuit.

• Sn
    Snow Angel Jul 31, 2010

My husband and I have a similar story, and are now trying to deal with them and getting our money back. On monday I will call my rep's manager. We were fed blatant lies by the man who sold it to us, and by agents over the phone. If the manager is unwilling to return us our money we will cancel our credit card and file a complaint with Better Business Bureau. I would encourage all of you to do the same. So far there are only 300 something complants. We could get a lot more I believe.

Matt52 Sep 12, 2009

While in Cancun we were invited to a 90 minunte timeshare speech. The salesman at Royal, tolk us that if we bought, he would help us rent our timeshare since they get conventions all the time. He assured us there were lots of people looking to rent weeks at Royal Holiday because of the proximity to the convention center.

Dumb enough, we believe him. Six months after, we were still waiting for this rental income. We called him several times asking him what was going on until he decided not to take our calls anymore. We searched the internet just to find out that everything we were told was a total lie. We found out that Ernesto Barberi is a scam artist ready to take advantage of anybody.

On the way back to the airport, we found an ad of a law firm specialized in timeshare matters. We contact them and they helped us cancel and recover our earnest money.

www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com, they will help you cancel. and get your monies back.

• Co
    Consuelo Gonzalez Sep 08, 2009

09-08-09 PLEASE READ THIS.
    Hi, this is another victim that Royal Holiday Membership Company is been scumed, we had it in Can Cun Mexico by Ernesto Barberi same sales manager that made the ### to other people last year and we do not know what to do, I read that 20/20 from ABC channel made a story and that way they have to returned the money to thethe victims but I'm not really sure what happened.
    I talked to Claudia the representative of Profeco that is the BB Department in Mexico and she told me that she rememeber the date that 20/20 made the move, she also told me that as much time the scam is report it to the PROFECO on this scam is going to be more difficult to resolve it . she advice that as early as possible send the complain to profeco.gob.mx and chose the extrangeros.profeco.gob.mx and they have a PH # that need to insist calling to get somebody due to the busy signal and they will answer the call, they send you to Claudia is the lady in charge of the time share scams. I urge All of you to call the # to make pressure and tell them that you really want them to do something about it. We must do something together we must talk to the representatives at government level here in USA and Mexico since we are so many involved in this and so many that are getting into that trap we must stop it, making a list and send it to PROFECO or go to the Press in Mexico and other places make posters in English warning about the fraud and put on the airports of each beach city like Can Cun Puerto Vallarta, Cozumel with the destination and the companies names involved panflets or some thing that we must advice the people that go to this vacations places can be aware and not fall into the sama trap we are on.

This is like an epidemic situation and must be stop as soon as possible since there are so many people been scamed and also the future turist that are comming to the places like Can Cun and Puerto Vallarta. In this kind of deal we must not only involve lawyers from USA but the ones in Mexico and also the autorities as PROFECO that is the BB in USA. Alone we are not going to succed but as a huge group we will have the strenght to continue fighting.
    Also, I would like to ask somebody if you stop paying for it and what happen to them, ask them what the lawers for USA are been said about this what we can do because the issue is in our hands the injured people. My self I sent a copy of the letter to them because we tried the same way to stop the process and it is not been result, it is been happen the same way as other people. please get in contact with me if you have any idea and get together to make a massive class action law suit, we are on it 100% my email [email protected]

• 98
    988justice May 17, 2009

what you want to know about Royal Holiday, go to here:

• Bo
    Bob Murray got scammed RH Apr 18, 2009

My wife and I went to Pto.Vallarta and decided to buy a timeshare at the Royal Holliday Resorts; the sales man offered us that they were going to help us to sale another timeshare we own (Polo Towers Las Vegas) and with that money we could pay theirs; the total purchase price was $36000 usd and they supose to sale the one in Las Vegas in $24000; then it means I had to pay them the difference up front ($12000) and in 90 days I would recibe a check on my name of $24000 to pay the balance.
    It never happened so my wife called them several times and they said they were still trying to sale it. I was very tyred for this situation so we were looking for some help with lawers and the only lawyers that helped us to recover our money and our good credit were gonzalezgonzalezlawfirm.com they really helped us; they are good and fast .

• Su
    susie Jan 31, 2009

Can any one help us? We also signed up in Nassau.
    Susie

• Cy
    cynk1 May 16, 2018

@susie I signed up in 2009 also, but in Bahamas, and was conned, scammed, deceived, mislead and they photo copied my signature from document on another piece of document, i wrote the tourism, attorney general Bahamas and notified my bank to cancel my credit card and to try and get my deposit on timeshare back. I was threaten by company for payment and i told them they will not get a cent from me so bring it on, I mailed all documents to bank and tourism and i got money back and timeshare was canceled, Main reason is because i made attempts to cancel with 3 days to no avail and had my receipts for mail sent and i refused to give them a cent and card was canceled so they couldn't take any money from it...

• Ro
    Rolando Dec 23, 2008

Agree with you; file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, consumer proteccion agency at 1-877-FTC-HELP. I just did, if enough people do may be they will take action

• Ta
    Tamara Oct 09, 2008

Good for you. They refused to let me cancel as well. They have offered me an alternative to what I was promised to shu t me up. We'll see... if my accomodations this Christmas are suitable, I will let it go. If not, it's me, the BBB, 20/20, and my attorney up against that thieving, useless company.

• Sy
    Sylvie Castonguay Oct 07, 2008

I would be willing to join a class action suit against Royal Holiday. The Royal Holiday nightmare has been part of my life for 10 years now. I realized it was a scam almost immediately, but when I tried to get out of it, they threatened my with a law suit. Told me they had successfully sued the estate of a member because the heirs did not want to keep paying the annual fee. They told me the contract were tightly sealed and there was no way I could get out of it. It would cost me a bomb and I would still have to pay them. The negative energy from dealing with them started to eat at me, so resolved to pay the ever increasing annual fee and forget about it. I have either modified my life to suit their availability or given away vacation weeks to friends and family who could make it to the destinations chosen by Royal Holiday on the dates chosen by Royal Holiday. I've even booked rooms just to use the points even though no one could go. But enough is enough.

• Me
    MEMBERS Aug 30, 2008

members testimonial

Pamela Coleman Aug 07, 2008

I bought into the Royal Holiday program and their agressive sales persons promised me the moon and gave nothing. I have been treated like an invisible person, abandoned duing Hurrucane Wilma in Cancun. This company has taken $69, 000.00 from me, promised all sorts of incentives which have no value such as their Rent Sure program (which they neglected to mention that as well as the $5, 000.00 joining fee there is also a yearly fee that has to be paid by January of each year) The coupons that they give for free flights are useless, the additional points they offer are a joke when you try to use them.
    I want to get rid of this burden and don't know where to turn. I have spent $1900.00 supposedly advertising with Transworld International, Global Resort Services and Timeshare Services who have taken my money for no service. I'm at my wits end and would appreciate ANY help.

• Ha
    Harold R. Bence Jun 02, 2008

Please remove complaint re Royal Holiday purportedly submitted by Harold R. Bence. This complaint was not submitted by Harold R. Bence

• Ji
    jim homsi May 27, 2008

i had joined a vaction club that wants to get paid and will not provide service for me. they insist that they will take me to collection agency . according to contract it said if they failed to provide service i can terminate contract.
    their fore im terminating contract based on no service

noname needed May 02, 2008

I don't want to repeat the same story, but please know I am in your shoes and there is not much that can be done. This is unreal.

• Do
    Donna Lynch Apr 26, 2008

Royal Holiday RIPOFF I too would also like to be included in a class action suit.

• Da
    Dayna Apr 06, 2008

Please send any information in reference to class action with Royal Holiday. I would like to be included as I too am a victim of a scam from them.

• Na
    Nate Mar 14, 2008

I have had the same problem as the rest of the people with RH. promises and more promises and nothing but lies and more lies. I have canceled my credit card and will get a black mark on my credit rating ,but at least I am not giving my money to some crooks in Mexico.Ther is talk of a class action law suit the mans name is Michael A.Cibik e-mail:[email protected] phone number is [protected] Lets all get to gether and stop these criminals!!!

• Ro
    Rosemary Mar 06, 2008

DO NOT purchase... this is a SCAM. You will regret it forever.

Pat hopps Oct 03, 2007

This is for all you dear people that are hurting by this company
    I want to tell you that there are other people on other sites that have the same problem, there must be over 200 people on a msn site. I have been hoping to hear from some of them, but not sure I am communicating correctly on it as I have not gotten any repiles . There is also squeaky wheel were people are talking about Royal holidays. We all need to get together. Make up one general email from all of us or each tell our story, which are all basically the same anyway and send it out to anyone who has some influence. All of send an email the same time, the same day,to the same places, news stations, news papers, every better business burea we can think of and to Royal Holidays and any of the hotels they are situated in, world wide if we have to.
    Why are some of you folks still paying the fees? Have any of you been back to the places were you originally ran into these people?

To the poor gal that is so embarrased about this, please dont be, these people are professionals and no doubt you are a good trusting person, who thinks and hopes that others in the world are too. I too am just sick about it. I have lost sleep, cried and cried, chewed my nails off till they are sore, so you are not alone.
    Hey Dusty pants (Gord) you sound like your ready to go at this, or should I say were, it was 2006 since you last commented, come on back here and let us hear from you, please.

Pat hopps Oct 03, 2007

I have been reading all these complaints for days now. We are in the same boat. Some of the complaints go back over a year ago. Haven't you all gotten together yet? How can we do this? I want to email each one of you personally and give you my email so that we can connect. We need to stop these people.

joe marquez Sep 14, 2007

yup...it's still happening. I cant believe it. I've been paying the yearly dues every january since 2000 and i havent taken a single trip. The few times i did try to use it locally in colorado, there's no openings and the fact that i called in january to schedule for july and august, nothing available. If it finally goes through legal procedings, count me in. I want out, been wanting out and i get the same crap everytime....sell it to some other unsuspecting tourist. Wouldnt this be considered terrorism? After all it does haunt us every year, all year long.

• He
    Helene Laforge Aug 24, 2007

It is unreal that they can still be in business. It is a rip off. No one calls us back. We have called them at least 50 times already and they cannot even give us the phone number for the President. We did not receive our annuity certificate, even though we paid cash for the package in order to get it.

The special weeks they give you at 199 and 349 are fraud also. They give you what is available, and it is from 349, not 349. We tried to book a year in advance and it was still only 2 places available, one at 500 for the week and one at 1 000 $, and the one for $500 was a dump.

Nobody can help, and we don't know what else to do. We will sue them for sure, and see what happens. If anyone has been successful in suing them, please let us know.