Rooms To Gopowder post beetles

P Review updated:

We bought a living room set from Rooms to go 2 years ago and it was never right from day one. For the first 1 1/2 years we didn't use one of the recliners (positioned wrong to see TV) When we moved the set we saw some "dust" under the piece but didn't think much of it. We then started using this recliner and within a month the footrest just fell. We contacted rooms to go and they said it was out of warranty, so we had their guy come out and look at it. When we turned it over there was so much "dust" I had to vacuum it up before he could look at the piece. He said it would be very expensive to fix. Two days later my "bug guy" came out and said the dust was from POWDER POST BEETLES and that rooms to go has had a problem in their warehouse. Now my furniture has to be thrown out and the house has to be tented, as these bugs "sleep" for several years before coming out to breed. Rooms to go says they are not going to do anything. Has anyone else had a problem with this beetle?

Sectional disaster

• Wi
    WILL NOT STAND FOR IT Oct 24, 2009

I have just discovered powder post beetles in my brand new custom built 18x80 Oak Creek Mobile Home. We have been in the house less than 4 months. The exterminator says that they came in the wood used to construct the home. The home will have to be bagged and poison gassed to 'get rid of them'. Of course, like termites, I will probably have the expense of having to have the home inspected for them as long as I live. I have already contacted my attorney and will pursue a case of rehabitation against the dealer and manufacturer. You may want to contact a GOOD attorney and seek damages against them. If the beetles have penetrated areas of your home, then you probably have lost value in your home due to their selling you the product. Good Luck and let me know what happens.

Johnny Melancon Dec 03, 2012

Have exact same issue with furniture purchased from Rooms to Go. Powder post beetles eating up the new bed, dresser and mirror from the inside out. Powder post dust everywhere. See attached photos taken 2-Dec-2012. Buyers beware!

• Do
    Dori Gimenez Jun 24, 2020

I purchased a bedroom set for my son and have been seeing the small beetles often. They look like drugstore beetles but I’m certain they come from the new furniture. They were also bought from Rooms to Go. Very cheaply made, hence the price. Buyer beware.