Complaints & Reviews

Resolved poor customer service

My wife and I purchased a living room set last October upon moving into our new home. After a few short...

awful experience

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condescending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

• Valerie Oct 02, 2008

I wish I read all the comments prior to ordering my daughter's first "big girl" furniture. This was an exciting time for all of us until now, 8 weeks later, and still only have half my order!! The warehouse will only deliver to my zip code on Wed, and my husband and I are normal people who have to work during the day! Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who let them in with the first part of my order which was left in the doorway of her room in very heavy boxes!! Now, they tried delivering the bed and left because I didn't answer my cell phone-which by the way has NO voice mails or missed calls-and will not return until NEXT Wed!!! I will never do business with this company again and hope everyone else will read these comments before ordering!! I'm contacting the store to either cancel my order or try to get another delivery date sooner than another week but have been on hold for 15 minutes and now have to wait on a manager to call me back! Good Luck to all of you with the same issues!

• Cl
    Clyde Jul 20, 2009

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condesending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

Jake Watson Jul 25, 2009

I totally agree! We bought a new bed and mattress. The mattress had this brown mold and the new bed was damaged twice. The would not accept the bed back as a return only an exchange. Rooms to Go sells bad furniture and mattresses.

• Wc
    WC Fulton May 14, 2010

I wish i had did some research first before purchasing furniture from Rooms To Go. After they make the sale, customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They are rude, unprofessional and can not give you answers to anything. We put a down payment on some furniture and when we returned to the store we wanted to make an additional purchase of a dinette set. Even though they had to make 2 deliveries because the coffee table was not in stock, they said we had to pay another delivery charge for the dinette set which was rediculous. We told them we would pick up the dinette set. Then no one knew the address of the place to pick up the dinette set. They finally made the first delivey after a month of the purchase. We are still waiting for the delivery of the coffee table. They said it would be the second week in June. I will never, ever set foot in a rooms to go store, Ever.

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

The rooms to go Frisco store is awful, , we were told manager was working on delivery truck and unavailable ! The salesman lied and then manager was never available for us to talk with.

Customer sevice says ' thats a store issue ' we can`t help you .

Run do not walk from Rooms to go Frisco Tx. ! ! ! ! They suck ! !

appalling quality & customer service

Do not buy from Rooms to Go Kids! At the beginning of May 2009, we purchased an “Ivy League Twin/Full...

Resolved financing charge 24%

i purchased furniture from rooms to go i have been slapped with a whopping 23.99% monthly finance charge
i would imagine somewhere it was inthe contract but for the life of me it must have been small
this astounds me that they get away with it

beware of that buy now interest free contract, you will be hit with this incredible finance charge and nobody to talk to

you are treated very badly and talked down to...never again

• Si
    SirMichael Mar 08, 2010

You have got to be kidding me...you are complaining about something you agreed to pay. If you think that anything in this world is free then you are stupid. I bet you believe everything the car dealers say on their comercials too. Wow stupidity in the United States !!!

Resolved con on extended warranty-poor quality

Furniture not delivered when promised, months late, as I see everyone else has had the same problem. I...

Resolved bad customer service

Oh my God!! I have never been treated the way I was treated yesterday! I just got married last month and...

Resolved bad customer service

I purchased a bed and dining room set February 15, 2009. I was told that both would be delivered on February 18th. They showed up a day early to deliver the bed and dining room set. At this time I was told that they would be unable to assemble the table because it was broken. The delivery driver told me that the table would come the following day with the other 2 chairs. They should up the next day to deliver the 2 chairs, but no table. They told me someone would call me to reschedule the delivery. Two days passed and I finally called Customer Service to find out when the table would be delivered. I was told that they did not schedule anything because I did not call to request another table! They told me that the table would be delivered the following Friday (Feb 27th).

So, today is February 27th. Rooms To Go has just left my house and I still DO NOT have a table. Again, the table was broken and they were unable to assemble it. But this time, they left a piece to the table. So right now, I have 6 chairs and the base to my table sitting in the dining room!

I once again called customer service (since it is my responsiblity to request the table top). The rep told me that it would be another week before they are able to deliver the table top. I told her that I will NEVER deal with Rooms To Go again. I doubt she cared!

• Ti
    TiBrown Jun 23, 2010

So was this resolved? I am VERY curious because I am goig through the same thing.

• Sc
    Scoutswi Nov 04, 2010

I recently bought two bedroom sets for my daughters and am disgusted with the overall experience I had spending almost $3, 000 with Rooms to go. The delivery/set up was not done right and pieces have been falling apart. Miserable experience dealing with customer service who remained "indifferent" to my issues. Basically told me they were sorry i was not satisfied and hoped they could help me in the future. How are they in business???? I have heard muktiple stories about their bad customer service. Stay away from their Disney bed sets...rose handles break off at the slightest touch...forget about pulling your trundle bed out. The quality is sooooooo terrible.

Resolved stole from tx contractors

Rooms to go destroying local contractors. They came to houston with the direct notion to not pay. Rooms to go has destroyed several local hardworking companies; they have refused to pay for services that were rendered and have made bad on their own contract. They misrepresented themselves and have been profiting on the loss of the local construction companies. Rooms to go is now refusing to pay for the buildiings that were built in the tx area in the amount of hundresds of thousands. Rooms to go has been profiting greatly by the buildings that they have open for buisness. Buyer beware; they are affecting your local community in a very bad way.

Resolved return refusal/bad service

When you buy from rtg, everything goes smoothly in the store. But buyer beware!!!
In light gray small print on the back of the receipt are the store/company policies. You better hope nothing goes wrong, because you as the consumer are completely out of luck. You only have 48 hours to cancel an order, or they keep 20% of the sales price. Then if you have trouble with delivery, which you will, it is a nightmare to correct.

I feel completely scammed by this company. I haven't even taken possession of the stuff I bought and they refuse to cancel the order. I have gone all the way up the management ladder with no success. I have now put in a dispute with my credit card company, but it looks like I am out hundreds for this mistake of buying at rtg. Please don't make the same mistake as us.

Resolved poor quality and bad service

Terrible quality furniture. I purchased a top-of-the-line leather sofa and loveseat from them 3 years ago. Within a year, the leather was cracking, even though I took very good care of it. Now, the sofa has so many cracks in it that I have to throw it out. Its just too ugly to look at. The feet, made of a cheap, brittle plastic (rather than solid wood) shattered and exposed nails to my wooden floors.

Customer service (after the purchase, of course) was terrible. Sales person was rude and surly. Save yourself the headache and purchase furniture somewhere (ANYWHERE) else.

• Td
    tdlopez121 Apr 05, 2010

We purchased a leather recliner sofa and love seat. Within 2 years one of the recliners completely fell apart, the seats have lost their filling and the leather has cracked horribly in between the seats. The worst investment we have ever made!!!

Terry Lopez
    Miami, Fl.

Resolved furniture

Do not shop there! They sell overpriced, low quality furniture. I bought a leather sofa and love seat from...

Resolved furniture quality, delivery problems, bad custmer service

Purchased one of the most expensive bedroom sets at the store, grand total, $3100.00. First off, sale...

horrible customer service

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and the salesman told us we had 30 days to try the...

Resolved terrible employee

I recently purchased a sectional sofa from Rooms To Go @ Willowbrook - Houston. When I asked to exchange a few pieces because they were too large for my room, they were decent about making a trade for an equal or greater amount. My sales rep, Renee, was wonderful. She spent approx. 2 hours helping me choose furniture to make up the difference. The problem was a young woman from the office that Renee had asked for assistance in managing my account. This woman was so rude and condescending to Renee, it shocked me! I couldn't believe how unprofessional she acted and also can't understand why Rooms To Go doesn't offer more training on how to be more effective in customer service (let alone hiring such a disrespectful, know it all.) I don't see a very long future for this company. To Renee, you deserve so much better and are an excellent sales person. I am so sorry I didn't speak up for you at the time. I plan on correcting the situation tomorrow.

Maria Vallejo Dec 02, 2009

That is not only a bad in Houston. I called many times asking to speak with a manager to explain why I am complaining about they irresponsibility to accomplish a contract, but a person calls Claudia was unavailable to find any body that could talk with me and also she said that they don't have anybody that speak Spanish over there, and I am not asking for anyone that speak that language. They are terrible.

Resolved fraud and scam

Did you know that you can write a letter to the attorney general's office in your state and make your complaint to someone who can actually help you. This website is a joke, where's the part of this site where rooms to go actually makes good on any of these complaints? is this just a website to vent and that's it. write the letter to your attorney general's office, do it professionally and don't use profanity. They will get rooms to go off their butts and stop taking advantage of consumers. I was going to buy a living room sectional from rooms to go but this is to many complaints for comfort. They must not care about quality. If some of you would stand up for your rights they might stop ripping you off. Also, how about going on line and letting that model lady know about your complaints she probably doesn't even know what a bad deal you got. she probably doesn't shop rooms to go.

nogoodrtg Nov 21, 2009

Rooms To Go does suck!! I work there and know firsthand what a bunch of creeps run the business...sorry economy we're in..I wouldn't be working there if I could find something better. If I could afford a billboard to advertise just how much they suck...sorry to all the people who have experienced the horror that Rooms To Go has to offer. I just wish that every time I had to call a customer because the driver is running late...not meeting the deadline the salesperson promised...I wasn't cussed out!! Believe me, us little people have no control over what is going on at that level. You can thank all the higher up's for their high expectations. Seriously, they put more work on these guys than is humanly possible...$$$$$$$...yeah, they can do it...not so much...good old bottom line...they don't seem to understand for every million coming in, they're losing the equivalent in customers who are so extremely dissatisfied, not to mention, spreading the word about their experience.

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

Rooms to Go Sucks ! Run do not walk from their store, ...especially Frisco Tx.

poor service and quality

I have had to worse problems with this company. I purchased an entertainment center and a dresser from them about six weeks ago. The entertainment center was delivered first. It had scratches all over it for which the delivery drivers tried to hid by using a scratch coverup. I have seen coverup used in the past and it works fine on small scratches, not gouges! One of the drawers in the unit was visibly damaged and leaning over. The rubber piping that held the glass doors in was put in so haphazardly, it could be seen from the outside of the doors. They replaced the unit and it is not much better than the last one. For one the finish is much darker and there are more gouges. One of the doors is warped. They stated they would send another by UPS. I still have not seen it.

When my dresser finally arrived, about four or five weeks after my order, it was worse. The first thing I noticed is that the hardware for the drawers was put on backwards (the pulls were inside the drawers), although not a big deal, they should have fixed them upon delivery. This item also had scratches, some they did not even try to cover up. The space between the drawers and the frame of the dresser were so large, I could see all the way down to my carpet. It was poorly constructed and not of the same quality as the one on their showroom floor. Seems to be their practice as I have read the same complaint in from others. I called their customer service center and requested that the item be returned. I was told they would only issue me a store credit. Their receipt states nothing about no returns, nor is that policy posted in their stores. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company and will hopefully be successful in getting my money back. Be wearly when making a purchase from Rooms to Go. Ask about their return policy if you are not satisfied. I will not be back.

• Valerie Jun 11, 2008

I went into room to go in March and still today in June I have not received my complete order. Two times they delivered the wrong lamps and the media chest has been on back order since March. Each time it was to be delivered a customer service representative would call the day before and tell me the order is not in. this has been a true nightmare with rooms to go. They are not honest with their sales and don't correct their mistakes. I will never shop their again! And everybody that mention rooms to go I tell them not to shop their!!

Maxatl Jan 09, 2009

CONSUMER BEWARE!

I purchased some furniture with Rooms To Go and used their offer of 12 months no interest program. This program is through Citi Financial. If you do not pay off the balance by the 12 month due day then they charge you accrued interest. I sent my balance off to them of $2199.98 a week an a half before the due day. I did this so the check would clear in time. I called to find that they had only posted $2099.98 to my account leaving a balance of $100. I do believe the reason behind this is so they could "TRY" and collect interest on the full balance. I have dealt with this company in the past and have gone though similar problems. I am so glad I called and checked the balance or I might have had to go postal. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS INSTITUTION!

Maria Vallejo Dec 02, 2009

It is terrible to see this site after that I bought something from them. Now I have more or less the same problem. I am waiting for my bed since Sep/09, today is Dec 2/09 and I have to continue waiting until Dec 23Th. I am not much positive about that date.

Maria Vallejo Dec 02, 2009

Rooms To Go is the worst place that you can go to buy furniture. they don't respect their costumers and either their contract.

• Iv
    Ivo Jul 01, 2010

I bought my bedroom suit from Rooms to Go. They delivered my bed and told me I would have to wait on my dresser. Now the sales guy promised everything at once, but the delivery guy told me in confidence this happens a lot. I then had to take another day off work to get my dresser and night stands delivered...except there were no night stands. I have now been waiting on my night stand for 4 months and tonight they were going to deliver them between 4 and 8 pm but I just got a call at 8:50 pm that they wont be able to make the delivery I will have to reschedule!!! This is ridiculous. I would encourage anyone who in thinking of buying furniture from this company to run!!! They are rude, and once they get your money there are no returns so if they deliver your bed and you have to wait a year for your dresser and night stands if you want them to match you have to wait.They have a no return policy!!! What happen to customer service?

Resolved scam and cheating

Made a 2 room purchase on july 5th. Now september 17th and still have yet to receive delivery on the sofa or dining table. They delivered the first dining table and it was broken. Tried to get me to "just keep it until we sort it out". Sent it back. 3 weeks later they deliver another table, it is broken also and in addition has the wrong table top.

Say they will have it and the sofa in another three weeks. Tomorrow is the delivery date and today they tell me the sofa will maybe be ready in another 30 days and the hope the table doesn't fall apart this time. Customer service says call the store. Store manager will not speak to me. His salesman lackey tells me I need to talk to customer service. They played this game of putting me on hold while they talked to the manager repeatedly but I cannot speak to the manager. He is busy with customers. What am i?

No one will authorize a complete return. They want me to "reselect" furniture that may or may not match the partial pieces I have now.

• Ba
    Barbara P. Mar 24, 2009

Furniture not delivered when promised, as I see everyone else has had the same problem.

I purchased $8, 000.00 worth of furniture which included the EXTENDED WARRANTY which the salesman, "Dave Bridgewater #025369" @ Grapevine, TX store, told us the warranty was for the lifetime of the furniture if ANYTHING went wrong. No warranty documentation was given to us.

Come to find out, this is a total LIE, after calling to get service on the CHEAP furniture which has NOT LASTED TWO (2) years. Customer service said they would email a copy of the warranty WHICH I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED.

Resolved don't deal with them

I had a delivery of a Hutch on 8/30 and the top section had a lot of damage (base broke glass shelves broke, glass in door scraped.) to it so we contacted the service department and they stated it would be delivered on 9/4. I asked why I had to wait so long it was not my fault.

I contacted the store located in Brentwood, TN off of Mores Lane and spoke with the sales person that took care of are sale (Larry). I wanted to know why I have to wait until Thursday because of there carelessness. He stated there wasn't anything he could do and asked if I would like to speak with the Manager and I said yes.

He stated that the manager would call me right away. I have not received a call yet from the manager, so I went there this morning to talk to the manager and they said he was out. This tells me they don't care about the customer and there is no customer service. I will wait until Thursday.

I will not do business with Rooms To Go any more and I also will let every one I know about your service.

• Ca
    camacho Apr 12, 2009

On 4/2/09 I went buy to Rooms To Go in Houston Texas (Willowbrook Area). I was also ripped off and lied to by Rooms To Go. I cancelled my order within 10 hours of attempting to purchase a living room set. I gave $500.00 down pament with a personal check. I had adviced the sales person that i had recently bought a new house and at the time of the purchase i did not have my current new address. He told me it would be okay for me to call him as soon as I got home and for me to call in my new address. Well when I did as told I was being told that they would have to charge me an extra fee for change of address. When I asked to speak to the manager, Chris was very rude. He told me a different reason for the extra fee...He said it was because the delivery had different taxes...I told him this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever heard. Taxes are all the same in Texas! So I cancelled my order and I was told my personal check would be returned to me immediately. I told them I lived one block away from them and I said I would pick up my personal check or put a stop payment on it...Rooms to go assured me that i did not have go through all that trouble... I trusted these people... WAS I WRONG... They cased my personal check... AND NOW I HAVE TO WAIT 30 days until i get my $500.00 dollars back... WORD OF ADVICE DONT TRUST "ROOMS TO GO." And when i attempted to call the Manager Chris...he is refusing to accept my phone calls.!!!

damaged freight - delayed delivery

Where should I start. I purchased a new twin bed with trundle and 8 drawer dresser with mirror for my 13 yr...

horribly delivery time, no stock availability

Geez. Don't ever buy from these people by visiting the showroom floor, it is a waste of time. They have...