Complaints & Reviews

Rooms To Goall that glitters isn't gold

Gerry Rayman is the VP of Houston. He was the VP of Texas bu it was taken from him. He is a piece of work, very arrogant. He runs Houston and will run the newer stores that will open in Western Texas. He is located at the Willowbrook Location. I am pretty certain that he will run the company in the ground. RTG customer service does suck you will do better by going to Gallery Furniture or Star. Manager in Gerry Rayman's region hate him because he is so intimidating to them. So they are just yes men and women. The manager at Willowbrook is a peice of work as well. He curses at his salespeople in public doesn't care if the customer is standing right there or not. RTG's biggest thing is to sale Fabric, Leather Protection and Mattress Protectors. They are all rip off's. If you have next day delivery how are they going to spray your sofa or anything else and you no smell anything when it gets to your house? It is a rip off I know this for sure. The biggest profit margins are in those products. You can search the web for your self and look at all the complaints they have had about honorng those warranties that come with those products.
RTG also stresses that there salespeople must sale mattress with every bedroom set that te sell. They could care less about the bedroom your buying they want you to buy the mattress. Mattress markup margins are 70% so the company makes big money on this. In Texas if you do not want a mattress the managers will come over and try to get you to buy it. That is called a (TO) or turn over. Salespeople are graded each month on bed to bedroom %.. That is why they are so aggresive. In some cases they would rather let ou walk rather than selling you that bedroom without a mattress.
People please educate yourself about furniture before you make a purchase. I will not go far in saying that everything there is garbage but there is alot of garbage in there surrounded by some good peices. Do not get caught up in the lights.
You might pay a little more but do yourself a favor and shop around. Just because the price might be a little better doen't mean that it wll be the best long term value for you and your family.

Rooms To Gorip off

After living with two other families for 2 years in a 4 bedroom home as a result of Hurricane Katrina, I was estatic to finally get my own apartment and move on my own again. I purchased a dining room set with a table and four chairs and a living room set which included a sofa, love seat, chair and two end tables and a cocktail table. I spent over $2500.00 for these items. I had to do several returns because I was delivered "wet" furniture (as it had been raining severely each time the furniture was delivered)that wrinkled the fabric on two occasions. Three times, I had to return cocktail tables that had either scratches or knicks in the wood. I had to have technician come out to set up my dining room table because the first one didn't have tools to set it up.
    I finally (after 3 returns of the wet, wrinkled, damaged living room furniture) was allowed to chose a new set. This set appears to be fine. However the dining room furniture and the end and cocktail tables are all by the same maker. The screws continually losen. I constantly have to tighten them. It is only myself and my young son, so only two chairs are used most times, however they all losen up after a few weeks. The end tables and cocktail tables only hold lamps and magazines and they rock and wobble terribly. THIS IS A JOKE!! I have NEVER had furniture (even cheap furniture) made this poorly. One of my dining room chair's leg broke because of the lose screws. I called Rooms to Go because I have a 1 year warranty. They had a technician come out who agreed that even he could not properly tighten the dining room or end tables and that they were defective. This is what he told me he was putting in his report and that a customer service rep would call me to allow me to pick out new items.

When I finally got a call from them, I was told that they would only replace the broken chair. I have tried to escalate this to a manager and I have never been able to speak with one. I missed a phone call or two from the same CSR and when I returned the calls, no one has ever called me back again. THIS IS A RIP-OFF. I have deferred payment and have not even made a payment yet on furniture that is completely falling apart. PLEASE HELP. The management will not return my calls and I feel stuck and helpless. I don't even want the furniture anymore. I want a full refund. This furniture can't even make the year warranty and I know that after the year is up, that it will just disentegrate. Please help me to get a refund. The store has records of my numerous complaints and exchanges that have occurred as a result of pooorly made furniture and false warranty claims!!!

• Valerie Sep 22, 2008

We purchased the beachside denim couch and two chairs... we were giving the fabric protection story(that we fell for) and a year later we're still paying for this mistake. i've had 2 or 3 techs at my house that seemed to know less then i did about the product. six different times they have sent me the wrong replacement products(cushions and covers) and to this day i still haven't had anything replaced... the slipcovers wont come clean and the cushions are so flat that we're sitting on the frame which is very uncomfortable and not to mention when we have guests... please don't buy anything from this company!!! I think i may go drop this s**t on their doorstep... cindy crawford should be punched in the face for putting her name on this s**t!!! I think I'll send that bi**h the bill...

• Valerie Oct 09, 2008

I purchased a dining table set paying cash $1, 244.85 from rooms to go show room, frico, tx on 07/04/2008. The furniture was delivered after 20 days with broken chairs. I contacted the delivery office, who till today (oct 7, 2008) keep sending me broken chair/s as replacement. I contacted the show room manager of the frisco show room who was rude and failed to understand the inconvenience i have been subjected to for the fault of purchasing the furniture by paying in cash. He passed the buck on the customer service staff.

• Me
        Melissa L Sep 28, 2009

Rooms To Go Corporate offices number in Tampa.

This number is [protected]

Good luck!

Rooms To Gopoor furniture and horrible cs

I bought a leather chair 9/08 from R2G and less than a yr later it was tore. the thread that i previously saw came out cause the arms to rip. i called them to fix it 8/09 and the first guy said cust damage even though it was tore right across the seam and u can see the thresd still hanging.not to mention it was on the inside of the chair. when i called CS to complain they sent out a 2nd guy who took pic and determined it wasa defect. i was given the option to pick something of equal or grater value because they no longer carreid this item.when i went to the store for reselect they had nothing that i wanted except for a sliding cabinet which was a red tag store item the sales guy rudley told me i NEED to pick a new item to make it easier for them to exchange he refused to exchange my order with the sliding cabinet and table and lamp set. I got very upset being they sent me way to grapevine, tx and i was the one having only 30 days to pick new furniture. I have to wait until they crdit my acct before i can pick up my new item by the way is going to be something i dont want or even contrast with my home just so i dont lose $700.the CS in mesquite is much worse they dont believe that cust or right when i bought a couch set she was all in my face because i refused the extended warranty. after feeling forced to get it they bring my furniture w a stain on it and told me to use the "cleaner" to remove the stain..what was the warranty for...back to the chair im very unhappy with this company and will never shop there again thier quality sucks and has to be the worst out there.RUN RUN FAR AWAY

• Pe
          Peopleperson109 Sep 04, 2009

The reason you could not pick up your furniture right away is because Rooms to Go had to make sure that the old furniture was picked up which if you think about it any company would do. They had to make sure that they got back the used furniture before they gave you the "new furniture." You cant really expect them to just give you the furniture that day and then trust you to give them back the old furniture? You might be a trust worthy person but there are so many other people who would have kept both peices if that was the way rooms to go ran. So that isn't really a valid complain though I am in agreance, the first tech should have noticed it was not "customer damage." Also if you truly want Rooms to Go to go out there and clean your furniture, which is what the protection is for then call customer service again and say that you need your furniture cleaned. Easy as that. Oh and dont insult any customer service agents. They try their hardest most of the time. They can only work within the set guidelines the company gives them, they cant give you something unless policy says that they can. You were more then likely getting irrate and trying to get something which cant be done. Why dont you try opening your ers and listening to the people who try to help you next time?

Ge Online Service / Rooms To Go — saturday payment considered late payment

My due date fell on a Saturday. Their online payment service doesnt allow you to pick a date in advance for...

Rooms To Go — awful, awful, awful

I had moved to a new house and had not yet furnished it completely. First I thought that I should get some...

Rooms To Go — poor customer service

My wife and I purchased a living room set last October upon moving into our new home. After a few short...

Rooms To Goawful experience

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condescending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

• Valerie Oct 02, 2008

I wish I read all the comments prior to ordering my daughter's first "big girl" furniture. This was an exciting time for all of us until now, 8 weeks later, and still only have half my order!! The warehouse will only deliver to my zip code on Wed, and my husband and I are normal people who have to work during the day! Luckily I have wonderful neighbors who let them in with the first part of my order which was left in the doorway of her room in very heavy boxes!! Now, they tried delivering the bed and left because I didn't answer my cell phone-which by the way has NO voice mails or missed calls-and will not return until NEXT Wed!!! I will never do business with this company again and hope everyone else will read these comments before ordering!! I'm contacting the store to either cancel my order or try to get another delivery date sooner than another week but have been on hold for 15 minutes and now have to wait on a manager to call me back! Good Luck to all of you with the same issues!

• Cl
            Clyde Jul 20, 2009

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and were told that we had 30 days try the mattress out and see if we liked it. We chose one specifically because it was soft, but when it was delivered, it felt completely different than the one on the showroom floor. It was as hard as a rock. We went back to the store and talked to the manager about exchanging for a softer mattress. The manager just told us to go home and "walk around on it." We explained to him that we were not happy with it and wanted to find out what our options were. Unfortunately, he continually cut us off and basically told us that we didn't understand how mattresses work. He would not listen to anything we had to say, and kept giving the same speech about how he would lose money if he took the mattress back. He was very condesending, and most of the time would not even look up from the papers he had in his hand. He treated us like we were stupid. When we tried to explain that we were told that we had 30 days, he didn't believe us at all, and said that he was sure that even if the salesman told us that, he would have also told us that it is up to the manager's discretion and would have brought the manager to see us. The part he was "sure was said" never was. We are extremely upset and disappointed with Rooms To Go, especially its complete lack of customer service. We will never shop at their store again, and caution others about doing so. If you do, be ready to accept whatever problems you end up having, because they are not willing to help resolve them.

Jake Watson Jul 25, 2009

I totally agree! We bought a new bed and mattress. The mattress had this brown mold and the new bed was damaged twice. The would not accept the bed back as a return only an exchange. Rooms to Go sells bad furniture and mattresses.

• Wc
            WC Fulton May 14, 2010

I wish i had did some research first before purchasing furniture from Rooms To Go. After they make the sale, customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. They are rude, unprofessional and can not give you answers to anything. We put a down payment on some furniture and when we returned to the store we wanted to make an additional purchase of a dinette set. Even though they had to make 2 deliveries because the coffee table was not in stock, they said we had to pay another delivery charge for the dinette set which was rediculous. We told them we would pick up the dinette set. Then no one knew the address of the place to pick up the dinette set. They finally made the first delivey after a month of the purchase. We are still waiting for the delivery of the coffee table. They said it would be the second week in June. I will never, ever set foot in a rooms to go store, Ever.

NoLink Jun 17, 2010

The rooms to go Frisco store is awful, , we were told manager was working on delivery truck and unavailable ! The salesman lied and then manager was never available for us to talk with.

Customer sevice says ' thats a store issue ' we can`t help you .

Run do not walk from Rooms to go Frisco Tx. ! ! ! ! They suck ! !

Rooms To Go Kids / Ivy League Bunk Set — appalling quality & customer service

Do not buy from Rooms to Go Kids! At the beginning of May 2009, we purchased an “Ivy League Twin/Full...

Rooms To Gofinancing charge 24%

i purchased furniture from rooms to go i have been slapped with a whopping 23.99% monthly finance charge
          i would imagine somewhere it was inthe contract but for the life of me it must have been small
          this astounds me that they get away with it

beware of that buy now interest free contract, you will be hit with this incredible finance charge and nobody to talk to

you are treated very badly and talked down to...never again

• Si
              SirMichael Mar 08, 2010

You have got to be kidding me...you are complaining about something you agreed to pay. If you think that anything in this world is free then you are stupid. I bet you believe everything the car dealers say on their comercials too. Wow stupidity in the United States !!!

Rooms To Go — con on extended warranty-poor quality

Furniture not delivered when promised, months late, as I see everyone else has had the same problem. I...

Rooms To Go Outlet — bad customer service

Oh my God!! I have never been treated the way I was treated yesterday! I just got married last month and...

Rooms To Gobad customer service

I purchased a bed and dining room set February 15, 2009. I was told that both would be delivered on February 18th. They showed up a day early to deliver the bed and dining room set. At this time I was told that they would be unable to assemble the table because it was broken. The delivery driver told me that the table would come the following day with the other 2 chairs. They should up the next day to deliver the 2 chairs, but no table. They told me someone would call me to reschedule the delivery. Two days passed and I finally called Customer Service to find out when the table would be delivered. I was told that they did not schedule anything because I did not call to request another table! They told me that the table would be delivered the following Friday (Feb 27th).

So, today is February 27th. Rooms To Go has just left my house and I still DO NOT have a table. Again, the table was broken and they were unable to assemble it. But this time, they left a piece to the table. So right now, I have 6 chairs and the base to my table sitting in the dining room!

I once again called customer service (since it is my responsiblity to request the table top). The rep told me that it would be another week before they are able to deliver the table top. I told her that I will NEVER deal with Rooms To Go again. I doubt she cared!

• Ti
                TiBrown Jun 23, 2010

So was this resolved? I am VERY curious because I am goig through the same thing.

• Sc
                Scoutswi Nov 04, 2010

I recently bought two bedroom sets for my daughters and am disgusted with the overall experience I had spending almost $3, 000 with Rooms to go. The delivery/set up was not done right and pieces have been falling apart. Miserable experience dealing with customer service who remained "indifferent" to my issues. Basically told me they were sorry i was not satisfied and hoped they could help me in the future. How are they in business???? I have heard muktiple stories about their bad customer service. Stay away from their Disney bed sets...rose handles break off at the slightest touch...forget about pulling your trundle bed out. The quality is sooooooo terrible.

Rooms To Gostole from tx contractors

Rooms to go destroying local contractors. They came to houston with the direct notion to not pay. Rooms to go has destroyed several local hardworking companies; they have refused to pay for services that were rendered and have made bad on their own contract. They misrepresented themselves and have been profiting on the loss of the local construction companies. Rooms to go is now refusing to pay for the buildiings that were built in the tx area in the amount of hundresds of thousands. Rooms to go has been profiting greatly by the buildings that they have open for buisness. Buyer beware; they are affecting your local community in a very bad way.

Rooms To Go Kidsreturn refusal/bad service

When you buy from rtg, everything goes smoothly in the store. But buyer beware!!!
                In light gray small print on the back of the receipt are the store/company policies. You better hope nothing goes wrong, because you as the consumer are completely out of luck. You only have 48 hours to cancel an order, or they keep 20% of the sales price. Then if you have trouble with delivery, which you will, it is a nightmare to correct.

I feel completely scammed by this company. I haven't even taken possession of the stuff I bought and they refuse to cancel the order. I have gone all the way up the management ladder with no success. I have now put in a dispute with my credit card company, but it looks like I am out hundreds for this mistake of buying at rtg. Please don't make the same mistake as us.

Rooms To Gopoor quality and bad service

Terrible quality furniture. I purchased a top-of-the-line leather sofa and loveseat from them 3 years ago. Within a year, the leather was cracking, even though I took very good care of it. Now, the sofa has so many cracks in it that I have to throw it out. Its just too ugly to look at. The feet, made of a cheap, brittle plastic (rather than solid wood) shattered and exposed nails to my wooden floors.

Customer service (after the purchase, of course) was terrible. Sales person was rude and surly. Save yourself the headache and purchase furniture somewhere (ANYWHERE) else.

• Td
                      tdlopez121 Apr 05, 2010

We purchased a leather recliner sofa and love seat. Within 2 years one of the recliners completely fell apart, the seats have lost their filling and the leather has cracked horribly in between the seats. The worst investment we have ever made!!!

Terry Lopez
                      Miami, Fl.

Rooms To Go — furniture

Do not shop there! They sell overpriced, low quality furniture. I bought a leather sofa and love seat from...

Rooms To Go Kids — furniture quality, delivery problems, bad custmer service

Purchased one of the most expensive bedroom sets at the store, grand total, $3100.00. First off, sale...

Rooms To Go — horrible customer service

We purchased a mattress at Rooms To Go in Frisco, Texas and the salesman told us we had 30 days to try the...

Rooms To Goterrible employee

I recently purchased a sectional sofa from Rooms To Go @ Willowbrook - Houston. When I asked to exchange a few pieces because they were too large for my room, they were decent about making a trade for an equal or greater amount. My sales rep, Renee, was wonderful. She spent approx. 2 hours helping me choose furniture to make up the difference. The problem was a young woman from the office that Renee had asked for assistance in managing my account. This woman was so rude and condescending to Renee, it shocked me! I couldn't believe how unprofessional she acted and also can't understand why Rooms To Go doesn't offer more training on how to be more effective in customer service (let alone hiring such a disrespectful, know it all.) I don't see a very long future for this company. To Renee, you deserve so much better and are an excellent sales person. I am so sorry I didn't speak up for you at the time. I plan on correcting the situation tomorrow.

Maria Vallejo Dec 02, 2009

That is not only a bad in Houston. I called many times asking to speak with a manager to explain why I am complaining about they irresponsibility to accomplish a contract, but a person calls Claudia was unavailable to find any body that could talk with me and also she said that they don't have anybody that speak Spanish over there, and I am not asking for anyone that speak that language. They are terrible.

Rooms To Go — fraud and scam

Did you know that you can write a letter to the attorney general's office in your state and make your...