Complaints & Reviews

fraud

The sofa that I bought from RTG for $1144.00 is junk. I complained in the first 48 hours. They brought a second sofa in worse shape weeks later, took the cushions off it, put it on the first one, and left. The technician that came out documented the problem and said if it got worse to report it. It got worse. THE CHEAP FOAM COMPRESSES TO LESS THAN 1/2 IT'S THICKNESS WHEN YOU SIT ON IT, AND THE SPRINGS COLLAPSE. YOU LITERALLY ARE SITTING ON A THIN PIECE OF FOAM ON TOP OF BROKEN CUSHIONS. This is their Patrizzio sofa, one of their best leather ones. It felt firm and supportive in the store. It is junk in less than 4 months, and is torture to sit on. The tech was sent out again, despite corporate insisting there is no warranty. The tech tells me he reported the problem. The corporate report from the tech reads "customer preference issue" "meets manufacturer's specs". The tech claims he did not write that. The store manager calls the tech a liar (Buford store in GA). Store demands a new tech to support my claims comes out. They schedule for July 3rd and are a no show. Corporate notes say they notified me that no tech could come out to my area until after July 7. Now they say not until July 17th, and a senior tech must come out. I am asking what the point is if they changed the notes of the first tech! Obviously this is fraud and harassment to document there is no problem and/or no warranty. I now am paying for a $1144 sofa that we cannot sit on without sinking down into the springs!

Resolved damaged furniture

On April 12, 2008 at approximately 9:00 am, a RTG delivery driver parked a fully loaded 15-20 Ton truck on my...

Resolved sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it

Rooms to go sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it. When I called to complain about it, I was told that all mattress have bed bugs in it with the exception of foam mattress and I told the supervisor to put it in writing. But of course that was not about to happen. I bought the entire bed room set from them and they won't come and get this nasty mattress. I am forced to pay someone to remove this mattress and now sell the bed room set that I bought from them. I am groused out.

• Pa
    paula Jul 21, 2008

Please do not sell your infested furniture. It will only make the spread of bed bugs worse. It's a world wide problem right now andthe more they spread, the more likely you will get them again in the future. Can you imagine some family with children, just making budget going through an infestation? Bed bugs are not only found in furniture, but common public places at this point. (restaurants, doc offices, hospitals..) Going through an infestation is very difficult, has nothing to do with filth. If you can prove you recieved infested furniture, try and go about it legally. It takes time and I wish you luck. But PLEASE don't sell infested items.

• He
    Heather Needs Oct 03, 2008

You definitely should not sell infested furniture to anyone! Then you could be held liable!

Go to BBB.com and file a complaint with the better business bureau. If I were you I would try to look for an attorney. Because if it's still in your house, and you own your home, you will just end up paying even more if they have traveled from the mattress.

Another question, was this the manager or the owner? Is there another store that is the same store that you could call to get info on how to submit a formal complaint and speak to someone higher up? Sorry, I don't know if this is a big company. But even with one other store, you might be able to call them and get info. I wouldn't even call, I would just go in there.

And if the jerk won't do something about it then you just need to find out what car he/she's driving and give them to him :) maybe then he'll understand. I am slightly kidding, but only slightly. That's a last resort.

ssppff! All mattresses have bed bugs? What country is he from?

• Tr
    Tracker Apr 28, 2009

I bought a mattress from them last year and started getting bitten by something. I thought that it was fleas from my cat that had all of a sudden had gotten fleas, who, by the way, has never been outside! When it got cold outside the biting went away. As soon as it warmed up, the biting started again. I just realized that it could be bed bugs from the new mattress and I'm freaking out! I've never had bed bugs until they brought that new mattress and box springs in! Now what?

ChristineA Feb 21, 2010

I just bought a mattress set from Sears, and was eaten alive by bed bugs. I called them to come and get it, but they refused to do so for several days. I called Orkin pest control who told me to get the mattress set out of the house immediately. After several hours of frustrating attempts to get a clearance from Sears to move the bedbug infeasted thing to the front porch, I was literally itching all over my body. My foot was swollen from bites. Most frightening experience of my life. Now, my house is infested, and all Sears has offered is $80 to cover spraying. That amount wouldn't cover the cost to spray even a closet. Orkin said it will cost in the thousands to deal with the issue. After hours of trying to get in touch with the legal claims department at Sears to file a claim, I have decided that I need to call our attorney. Sears delivery manager won't return my calls. I had to ask one woman 10 times to put me through to her supervisor, who didn't listen to anything I told her about the bedbugs infestation. After I finished, she said, "So your problem is a sagging mattress." I told her that she didn't listen to anything I said. Then, I asked for her manager, who quickly offered me $80 for pest control (What a joke!), a full refund, and NO immediate removal of the mattress. I finally got ahold of a woman who said their warehouse was giving me the okay to remove the infested thing from our home. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg in settling this situation. DON'T BUY MATTRESSES FROM SEARS!

• Hi
    higher1 Jan 04, 2013

I purchased a mattress from rooms to go in 2010 and ran into the same issues. Each time I got in the bed I was eaten alive. At first I was unsure what was happening so I left the house in the middle of the night to go to the emergency room. My legs were red and swollen so I though that maybe I had an allergic reaction. I noticed that as I sat waiting in the ER that the redness and itching had subsided so I decline treatment and returned home. When I returned to the bed, I had the same issue so I decided to sleep in the spare room (no problems there). The next day I contacted Rooms to Go (local office) and they told me that was not possible; I had bed bugs before the furniture was delivered. After arguing with the Manager, he sent someone out to look at the mattress. The young man that came out clearly saw the bed bugs in the mattress and used a knife to cut some out as samples. I received a call from the store to tell me that bed bugs are not covered and the mattress will not be replaced. I even called the home office and received the same response. My only saving grace was that the repair man had made holes in the mattress and I refused to accept the mattress. It was at that point that they had to replace it.

• De
    Debra Wolf Nov 28, 2016

Yup, I have bug bed past 2 yrs till now got it itching bad. I figure find out, got sheet new they gave me coat me 59.99 for comfort 6 pice of 2 pillow case free, also cost me cover sheet gueen Matt protector also. I'm so shocked under mattress cause bug sudden spread upper to sheet. I was wondering why my so itching. I check out on end the bed, found end front of me spot so many bugs . I'm freak out sheet spread already and I check pull out of comFort basket out and my son n I saw crawling bug end by my.foot got bite it. No wondering why cause it immediately than u expected. Pls check out keep eye on it. I'm gonna call BBB... better act to find out. I went to room to go. I showed them pictures of bug look bad. Geez. Wanna to share to show but how to put pix.. dang won't work pull out attached. Disppointment. Find way to call BBB check out. Sigh. Bed news about ROOM TO GO.

Resolved there was nothing they could do to help me

We called concerning defective wedge that was purchased along with console loveseat & queen sleeper, 7/07.

RTGO representative came and inspected wedge and agreed it was defective and stated he put in a request to have replaced and we would be receiving a call on 3 days when item would be delivered.

Saturday, 6/28/08, I received a call from RTGO and was told the item could not be replaced because item was no long available and there was nothing they could do to help me.

I can not believe that a furniture company as big as RTGO can not replace and piece of furniture that is less than one year old or give me some other alternative for my inconvenience.

Please reply to be ASAP, I am along time & loyal customer to your company and feel this could have been handling better.

Blanche Copeland

18936 Duquesne, Dr

Tampa, FL 33647

Telephone: [protected] (C) 505-0842

Resolved they don't keep their words

I purchase a Love seat, a Chaise, and four set of dining chair from Rooms To Go, in Sept 06. From the point of contact and the end of the sale, the salesman demonstrated the benefits of getting the 3 year fabric protection plan. He even took his pen out and wrote on the sofa, same fabric as the sofa I own. To my surprise it was removing with the cleaner liquid that was provided to me when I made the purchase. I can't not remember his name, but he explained to me that with this fabric protection plan, if there is any food or drink stains that wouldn't be remove, that either Room To Go will fix it or replace it. Call customer service they sent a Technician out, he remove some of the stain but not all of it, told me to get it professionally clean. Which I did and cost me $140.00. Then another Technician came out and told me to keep the receipt so that I can reimburse from Rooms To Go. Got a call back from customer service telling me that they can't do anything for me? After going through will all the process that the customer service told me to do. I get nothing in return, they got my business and they won't keep there word on the fabrics protection plan. They offer a 3 year protection plan and yet they do not even follow through with it. Just giving me the turn around. The salesman even uses my little as selling tools to demonstrate it will be best if you use it because kid will be kid.

All that's said, Rooms To Go is dishonest to their customers. To offer a product and don't follow through with it. Not explaining the protection plan to it entity. Giving customer the turn around. I am a very patience person and do not waste time on this nonsense, but to spend almost $2, 000.00 on their product and in return getting the door. I want everyone to know this and not to purchase anything from Rooms to Go or buy their warranty, it's a SCAM! You can find better quality else where.

Resolved horrible store

My dealings at the Rooms to Go in the Woodlands TX store was horrible... I bought 3500.00 dollars worth of furniture’s with the understanding that the furniture would be delivered by a stated date. Both the sales person and manager agreed and promised that my furniture would be delivered by the given date.

I gave the sales person my % down in the form of a check. The wait to process the order was almost 2 hours. The excuse was, the sales person was new and the office staff was new. The manager repeatedly had to be called during the process of my order. I was told by the manager that he would call me the next day with confirmation of the delivery date and time.

The next day arrived and I stayed home by the phone awaiting a call from Rooms To Go, guess what, no call. I checked my checking account and the deposit to Rooms To Go had already been taken out of my account. I truly felt at this point that something fishy was going on.

I went to the store the following day. I spoke with a different manager. He said the original sales person and 1st manager had no right to promise the delivery date that was stated, that this was totally impossible... My reply was to cancel my order and to give me my deposit back. This manager said that they would cancel my order. (I was with in the 48 hrs). But I would have to call the main office and request my money which would take 4 to 6 weeks...

I called customer service and received a «I’m sorry but that’s policy". So now I have no new furniture, no money to put down. And when I went to another store my credit report shows the Rooms To Go credit and my report looks like I am over extended.

It’s been 4 weeks, still no money from Rooms To Go. The sales person and 1st manager were total liars just to get the sale. I truly believe they thought that when my deposit was processed and out of my account that I would not back out of the deal. The 2nd manager was a total condescending ***. And the customer service person sounded like she was suffering from a Prozac overdose.

If you do not heed my warning and stay away from Rooms To Go, be smart and put your deposit down with a credit card so you can stop the transfer. Remember you only have 48 hrs to cancel your order, or you will be stuck with having to deal with these ###s.

When I was leaving the store after I had bought my furniture, there was what I thought at the time to be a crazy lady in there who was being escorted out of the store. As she passed each customer she would say "Don't buy at Rooms To Go, they will ***". Hindsite shows no truer words could have been spoken..

scam warranty!

We bought a very expensive Pillow Top Mattress from Rooms To Go. We also purchased the maintenance...

mandatory delivery!

Beware of mandatory delivery with "every" purchase. After visiting rooms to go in metairie, la, I finally...

terrible delivery service!

I am writing this complaint on behalf of my brother, james darriel burcham (Goes by darriel), who has lost...

Resolved rooms to go does not honor their warranties

Rooms to Go - www.roomstogo.com

In January of this year my husband and I bought a couch, chair, ottoman and rug from Rooms to Go, all pieces with fabric protection on their 16 months same as cash program.

Sept 16- Noticed tear on inside seam of chair had previously noticed snags, and stains on all three pieced as well as threads on rug (which was not brought to customer service attention. Purchased fabric protection for all four pieces at the time sales person (Nancy) gave us dry cleaning solution for spot treatment and stated that if this does not work on spots that Rooms to Go Service Tech will inspect furniture. If possible have the pieces steam cleaned, if that did not remove the stains then the pieces would be replaced free of charge.

Sept 21- Service person came and fixed the torn seam on chair cut extra threads from seam of couch, looked at ottoman but did not resolve issue to my satisfaction. Stated that he would report his findings and someone from customer service will contact me in 5 to 10 days for my satisfaction.

October 2- still no contact from Rooms to Go customer service.

October 3- I call customer service and voiced my complaint. Elaine explained that the service person issued a report that stated he had resolved all problems. That a customer service representative attempted to call but did not leave a message. I patiently explained and had her note that I do not have called ID and the person contacting me home number must leave a message. She apologized and sent a customer service dispute to the service department and someone from that department will contact me within 24 to 48 hours.

October 5- no contact from Rooms to Go. Tried to call, call center systems down.

Oct 9- no contact from rooms-to-go. Tesse Explained the Service order was submitted on Oct 3 and forwarded to the service dept in our area. They should be calling in the next 24 hours and noted the time and personnel must leave a message. She also noted at my displeasure with the situation.

Rooms to Go returned call- Spoke with Lisa, I explained issues she set up another appointment (2nd evaluation) with a different Technician for Oct 17th. She was pleasant and seemed genuinely helpful.

Tech Arrived on time was helpful. But he didn't use the same cleaner to that furniture that was given to me by Rooms to Go Personnel (I thought that was interesting) Some of the spots came out.

I received a call from Rooms to Go Customer service this morning in it the Tech admitted that there were stains he couldn't remove and that furniture needed to be professionally cleaned at my expense.

Part of the fabric protection warranty I have written on Rooms to Go Receipt clearly states that if a professional from their own cooperation cannot remove the said stains then the furniture will be cleaned at Rooms to Go expense.

Also that the snags in the furniture were the direct result of having dogs. Thought i showed the man several places where there were snags and they were in no ways caused by my dogs considering one was on the side of the ottoman and the other on the side of the chair near the wall.

My husband and I have since decided that you get what you pay for, and next time we will pay for better quality furniture at a better quality furniture store. I urge anyone looking for furniture to pass right by Rooms to Go all they care about is the bottom line. They don't honor their own warranties and the service people lie about their work.

• Ca
    Carlos Apr 16, 2008

I’m very disappointed with Rooms To Go lack of customer service,
    On 3/16/2008 we bought some furniture from the store at
    707 NW Loop 410, San Antonio. (order# 2064795). On April 11
    (three weeks later) they delivered the furniture but they delivered the wrong poles (two right poles for the foot board instead of a right and a left), we lost 4 hrs of work because they didn’t want to call us an hour ahead to let us know the delivery time.
    The delivery person told us that Rooms to go will call us to reschedule the delivery of the poles. On 16 April I received a call at work (No one call me to set up a delivery date or time) and told me that the delivery crew was at my house. I asked If they could wait 30 min so I could get at home from work and I was told that they couldn’t do it
    I called customer service I they didn’t help me, also I called the store and the customer service person (male) that answer was very rude and hang up the telephone, when I called again the service person (female) that answer told me that the male person told her that I cursed at him, I was very professional but I guess he knew I was going to complaint so he
    made up the story. I will never buy anything fro rooms to go and I will make sure everyone knows about my nightmare.

• Do
    Don Wright Aug 13, 2008

Warranty issues too - have a defective couch sitting for MONTHS because they can't get parts and won't replace. They're quick to tell me that part of my problem is abuse - and all I do is sit on my couch! go figure.

fraudulent policy on invoices!

I purchased a furniture package totaling 1805 dollars. Rooms to go charged me 100 dollars for delivery that I did not want to pay. I offered to pick the furniture up myself at their retail location, and I was told that I could not. They said I could drive to Alabama to pick it up, or pay the 100.00 delivery charge. I canceled my order within 48 hours per their policy. I paid by check, it says on their website that returns will be processed in 10 days and money will be applied to the account. My check was cashed on 3/6/07. I called customer service to find out why my refund was taking so long. I was informed then that my money would be held for 21 days after the check was cashed. Nowhere on any paperwork, or on their website did I see this policy in writing. The sales person told me I would have my refund in 10 days. I don't understand how they can hold my money interest free for 21 days. The customer service rep couldn't explain the reasoning behind holding my refund for 21 days, I was told, "that's just our policy." I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

I want rooms to go to post this policy on invoices and their website so that this doesn't happen to anyone else. I want rooms to go to pay interest for holding my refund for 21 days, unless they can provide documentation showing that the funds were held in escrow. I would also like an apology for getting the run around.

• Ba
    Barbara P. Mar 24, 2009

Furniture not delivered when promised, as I see everyone else has had the same problem.

I purchased $8, 000.00 worth of furniture which included the EXTENDED WARRANTY which the salesman, "Dave Bridgewater #025369" @ Grapevine, TX store, told us the warranty was for the lifetime of the furniture if ANYTHING went wrong. No warranty documentation was given to us.
    Come to find out, this is a total LIE, after calling to get service on the CHEAP furniture which has NOT LASTED TWO (2) years. Customer service said they would email a copy of the warranty WHICH I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED.

• Ob
    obrienjackieo Mar 07, 2012

ROOMS TO GO IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! I would rather go to Pottery Barn and pay double the price, but at least they will do what they say!
    I was extremely patient for 1 hour while my salesman tried to help three different people - I should have been in and out in 20 minutes because I already knew what I wanted...
    After an hour we finally had the deal done it was to be delivered today
    3.7.2012 (I watched him click the button for today) - It's on my receipt that I signed... so I called customer service this morning to find out which 4 hour window I was in for delivery...only to get the person on the other end to say, we see your order but there is no delivery date set!!! WHAT??? Is it just going to sit there in your warehouse forever, until I call and say I didn't get it? Now the first available ship time is over a week from now...So guess who gets to explain to her three year old that his bunk beds will not be here today (after I have pumped it up so much- he was so excited this morning it was all he could talk about) crush his little heart...not rooms to go, MOM! I don't care if someone from the store or the warehouse has to load it up on their personal truck and drive it from Atlanta to Birmingham but YOU NEED TO MAKE IT RIGHT!!! I knew I should have gone somewhere else!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID - Go to another store, deals are everywhere, and find someone who will actually do what they promise - You just lost a brand advocate RTG!!!

Chad_RTG Mar 12, 2012

obrienjackieo - I think we may have received an email from you from another post. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected]

never put a bed together!

My husband and I purchased a castle bed from rooms-to-go in Augusta Ga in Nov. We were told that we could pick a date for it to be delieverd and they would bring it and set it up for $69.99. It is a very big bed and I new it would take a long time to put together so we paid the extra. They came in Dec on the day they said they would and as soon as the two men came in the house and realized what bed it was one of them said " It take a long time to put this together and I'm not sure we have that much time". This should have clued me in but I let them bring it in and they began to put it together. About 20 min later one man came out and said they did'nt have all the pieces, and listed the hardware that was missing. He said to call a # and they would handle it. So I did and told they lady what hardware was missing and she said " I will ship them overnight and as soon as you get them call us and we will set up a time to send someone out to put together" This was late on Wednesday, so I waited all day Thursday and no package. Then on Friday after knowing when fed-x ships to my neighborhood I called the # back. The person on the phone then said "It was never ordered" and that she would call about it and call me right back. She never did. So now I had to wait till Monday and call and when I did they said " I have e-mailed them and let them know and when we hear from them I will call you". Now it is getting less than 2 weeks before Christmas and this was to be my grandkids Christmas present. Still I never heard from them. By Wednesday I was mad and called and talked to a manager who again stated " They haven't been ordered and he would call back". He never did. Finally on Friday I called the place where I purchased it and talked to a very nice lady who said she would call me right back and she did. They told me it would be delieved on Wed the next week and I took off work. It was brought at around 4 pm and when the men brought it in they had a whole new bed. They seemed very confused about how to put it together and stated " We don't have everything we need and we will have to send someone else out". They was talking to someone on the phone and kept complaining that it would take hours to put it together and they had many more stops to make. I talked to the lady on the phone, who they were talking to and she said they would take this new bed back and send someone out. I told them "NO" Both beds would stay until someone could come out who knew what they were doing. After 1 hour and 10 min back-n-forth on the phone she told the men to stay and put as much on the the bed together as possible. Between me and the two men we put the bed together in 2 hours and 20 min, which by the way we did have all the pieces but the real problem came when we noticed that the hardware that the men first said was missing was all in one box and that the first men who came had put some on the bed together. So if they had the hardware for that, then the rest should have been it the box, which I think they took out of the house so as not to have to stay any longer. During this 10 days I had talked to 12 people who most didn't know what they were doing and the men who came out had never put a bed like this together. I will never do business with them again. I never got any apologue nor any refund for the delievery charge, which I did ask for.

Rhonda D

• Wi
    Willie F Mar 02, 2007

WOW, Rhonda D, you must be new to Augusta. The service you just described is the typical service you get from people here in Augusta. why do you think you don't see many businesses here anyway, they are run out of town by the people they hire.

Resolved avoid any business with rooms to go!

On 12 february 2007 my friend purchased a couch at rooms to go for $350. This seemed like a great deal, so my...