Rent A Center, Raliegh, NCemployees stealing your payments..

J

Years ago I rented and completly paid for living room furmiture, a stereo and other miscellaneous items from RAC stores in PA. I moved to NC and rented, (and paid off), a laptop from the Raleigh, . NC store. I have since moved back to PA. Yesterday I went to RAC to get a washer and dryer. The young man comes out after processing my application and tells me that unfortunately I cannot rent anything because I stole a laptop from them. He gave me the number to the store in NC where they are saying this happened. I call...of course there are all new employees there from when I did business with them. The account manager gets on the phone and proceeds to tell me how I stole a laptop from them. I argued with this man that I paid this off years ago and do not even have the piece of junk anymore. I was becoming madder and madder as he spoke, accusing me of being a thief! He told me that he old manager is no longer there because of problems like this and him taking the customers' money. I told him how ridiculous this was, and I do not appreciate being called a thief! If I had stolen from them, would I really go back into their stores and try to purchase something else, don't think so! In the end, he told me to prove it, and I was ridiculous!! How can I prove this when it was years ago, I paid with a debit card over the phone, with an account I no longer have?? Rent A Center is a freakin joke and they get their rocks off of taking peoples' money and leaving them looking like idiots. They just lost another good customer.