Reliance Broadbandpathetic service and cheating

Its been over a month since I applied for a Reliance Broadband in Mohali(Punjab). My cash has been encashed yet no sign of any connection. There is no number on the receipt or any reference number because of which the Customer service cannot find the status. They ask to call the local executive who contacted for the sale. He either does not respond or makes one excuse or the other. They are not even refunding the money. Its outrageous and fraud and cheating the public.can anyone advise where to get justice from?

Shilpi Handa Jun 03, 2016

Hi - I am an unfortunate reliance customer. Well, just being a reliance customer makes you quite unfortunate so it was needless to say. I am on this forum because my level of frustration has crossed all boundaries as one fateful day I chose to get a reliance broadband+phone connection for my house. I have old grandparents at home and this phone line was supposed to be for their dedicated usage so they don't have to rely on anyone for making phone calls, and please mind it, they are patients and at times they seek urgent help from their kids and the intent of this phone line was to keep them connected to their children, doctors etc. The connection turned out be so dreadful that the phone line and broadband remains lifeless for almost 15 days in a month and the other 15 days I have an additional job (other than the one I get paid for) to keep calling customer care folks and keep requesting them to resolve my problems and get my connections up on priority...

I believe I understand the recruitment strategy that reliance has opted these days. They hire CSA's who have the capability to keep repeating this sentence endlessly a zillion times - "We cannot commit on a timeline but we are trying to resolve your problem within the next 24 hours, please take down your customer complaint number". Talking about customer complaint numbers, if I were to sell them, I could have opened a wholesale store, I am overstocked with those. I am unsure if the clocks of reliance service centers have more number of minutes per hour or the csa's simply don't understand numbers and so they can't comprehend what 24 hours mean. I would not say that I am disappointed with the services of reliance, I'd say that I am disgusted to the core. I am not looking for a resolution now, this is not the reason of me putting it in words here. I just wanted to make people aware of how unreliable reliance is...its services are just an antonym of the name. Please feel free to write to me if you need any clarity on any of the above. I'll be happy to add context to the above.
    My email: [email protected]

Shilpi Handa

• Am
    AMITA NAYAR Mar 25, 2015

even i faced the same issue and worst part they started sending me bills for a connection they never provided..now they sending me legal notice too

• Rm
    R MAILSAMY Nov 04, 2014

my broad band service number is [protected], kindly cancel the connection immediately,

• Un
    unable to brows Jul 22, 2011

Broad Band has been disconnected and Modem is not working since 20/07/2017 6.30pm. Complaint already registered and the Complaint No is [protected].
    The Customer Service person told us the complaint will be cleared within 24 hours, but they not yet come here.

• Rc
    RCOMcare May 02, 2011

Hi,

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This is to inform you that your problem is escalated and our team is working on the resolution. We will get back to you shortly. You may also write to us at http://on.fb.me/fzplqp.

RCOMcare

• Rc
    RCOMcare May 02, 2011

"Hi,

RCOMcare"

• Si
    sikha_rustagi Apr 30, 2011

i have same problem my broadband is not working well then i complaint for this to Reliance customer care and no one has pick my phone at last i complaint at consumer voice for this issue then my problem is solve in few days you can also try to complaint at consumer voice. I have the contact details.

Tel : 011-[protected] (D), [protected], - [protected], [protected]-25

• Rr
    rrmaron Apr 30, 2011

I am currently in the USA since January 2017 and have been receiving bills for usage since then while the house is locked. I have called the call centre many times to cancel the account and have the charges removed, but still today the connection has not been closed and another bill of Rs1400 was sent. My account number is [protected].
    Complaint numbers were [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]. I have spoken to many representatives and supervisors, the worst was a supervisor named Usha who has zero intelligence and could not understand the simplest request.
    Reliance is a company that gets profits by cheating its customers making charges for non-existent services. If you have any choice of providers, please do not ever choose Reliance again.

Jayant Kulkarni Oct 20, 2010

I was using Reliance Broadnet for few months during which the service was pathetic. After many follow ups it did not improve. I used to pay bills in time. When I surrendered my connection, they immediately took the cable and the dish back. They did not send me the bill and also did not talk about the deposit and extra money I paid for the cable. Also their service person used my mobile for fixing up the issue. Now reliance has sent me legal notice to pay the remaining amount. I want first my deposit and the extra money back and then I will pay the bill or they must deduct that much amount from the total bill of Rs. 2017.66
    My customer id is : [protected]

• Wi
    WithdaFlow Jul 15, 2010

The connection lasts exactly for 6 hours. I have even timed it and know exactly when the connection will go off. and it always does. if i ask the customer service, they tell me that my computer is idle. Absolutely rubbish! Because am working on the internet exactly when the connection will go away. So i have to re-log in, and then i know this will be on for the next 6 EXACT hours.

I have never heard of any ISP anywhere in the world cutting off a live on-going connection. It is very irritating.

and of course, they will have beautiful stories to tell me that my computer was idle. when i ask for and pay for an unlimited connection, then i expect just that - not to be cut off half way through I am doing.

Shilpi Handa Jun 21, 2010

Reliance Internet Service user ID :- [protected]
    Customer Account No:- [protected]
    Bill No:- [protected]
    Billing account No:-[protected]

This is to bring to your kind notice that Our connection which was limited till 1GB restriction & we were having the same connection from the last 1.5 - 2 years but never ever faced such a situation till the Month of April – May ‘ 2017 wherein we were told due to excess usage your connection has been discontinued...

The faults that we had encountered:-

1. After usage of Internet for 15 odd days we are told that your billing has exceeded the limits so your connection would be discontinued.

2. We visited your Reliance Communications, Mall Road Office in Ludhiana & checked out that the billing was nearly about Rs 3000/- but at that time the billing was not done in proper.

3. As I have registered my connection for 1 GB only I shouldn't be allowed to exceed that kind of limit...once you people give the limits but are silent on the extra amount you guys charge from the customer on the exceeded amount in ahead of 1 GB…….Clearly befooling the customer.

4. After being sending Letter to your Chandigarh Office...I do not get any reply but still calls that the billing would continue...Poor Customer Grievance Cell at Reliance.

I would again say you to check up with your main office servers about the wrong billing & excess Internet usage being shown in our account.
    I would request your authorities to get the connection disconnected & I am ready to pay the amount of Rs 330/- only that I used to pay every month...

Thanks.

• Pi
    Piyush Bharat Agrawal. Apr 15, 2010

From Sunday 11 th April My Landline (079 [protected]) And My Internet Connection Both Are Totaly Dead. For Which Till Today 15 March I Have Registered Complaint Twice On Care Number [protected]. But There Is Not A Single Follow Up To Me Nor My Landline And Internet Are Reconnected. I am running a Share Market Terminal For Which Since 5 Days Due To The Dead Internet Connection My Business Has Stopped Totally Although I Have Complained From The First Day. Morever When I Went To The Reliance Broadband Registered Office Located at C. G. Road, Maradia Plaza, Ahmedabad. And Met The Concerned Person Named Mr Ashutosh, Mr Gulshan And Mr Ritesh. They Replied That My Connection Will Not Be Reconnected For Another 10 Days.When I Asked For The Contact Number Of The Head Of The Department They Denied To Give Me The Number. I Am Feeling Cheated By The Reliance Broadband Company As Now I Have No Alternative To Get An Internet Connection For My Business Because All Other Suppliers Of Internet Provide The Connection Within 5-10 Days. Who Is Responsible For Financial Loss Occurred To Me Due To Negligance and Irresponsibility Of The Reliance Broadband Company By Not Reconnecting My Landline Connection And My Internet Connection.

• Re
    Reddy_Anr Dec 24, 2009

Acknowledgment acc no: [protected]

I had applied for internet connection on 9th Dec 09 by paying Rs 500 through cheque.
    Their people promised me to provide connection within 7 working days.
    But when almost 20 days passed i didnot get the conection, i registered a complain but was in vein.
    Bill was keep on generating without the connection.
    so far i had not received any modem or phone.

This type of nuisance 420 is not expected from such a reputed company.

sameer82 Dec 05, 2009

Customer acc no: [protected]

I had applied for internet connection on 4th apr 09 by paying Rs 500 through cheque.
    Their people promised me to provide connection within 7 working days.
    But when almost a month passed i didnot get the conection, i registered a complain but was in vein.
    Bill was keep on generating without the connection.
    Finally i requested the customer care for termination on 2nd week of May (Complain no: [protected]) and my connection was terminated on 16th of may 09.
    so far i had not received any modem or phone.
    Suddenly on 20th may their tech. person came & appologige for the delay and gave me the modem & phone, saying that he will reactive my account.
    After that also i couldnot access web. Then again i registered a complain with customer care.
    They told the connection was terminated on 16th may 09 and cannot be activated.
    What does it mean?? These people have cheated me. Now they are asking the modem back.
    I have not returned the modem so far because i need my 500 bucks back. They are unable to give connection, That is not my fault.
    Just to save face the modem was given after disconnection.

This type of nuisance 420 is not expected from such a reputed company.

fionn Nov 24, 2009

Dear reliance admin,

It seems was it not the end of trouble, when you finally chose to
    Provide me internet 2 months after I applied for it !
    My problems seem to increase day by day just because I chose reliance.

The issue now is that I applied for rs 649 (300 kps) combo plan, but
    Your engineers have given me the 75 kbps plan.

User id:[protected]
    Name: puneet chhikara
    Address: a-10, rajlaxmi society, near abhilasha char rasta, vadodara, gujarat

Somebody told me that call the reliance care no. And tell them your problem.
    I have told my problem to 4 different customer care executives on 4
    Different days.
    Everytime they assured me that it will get sorted out in 24 hours but
    It does not.

They told me that they could have updated my account info but my
    Details have not been updated in the system.
    I have been hearing this for 5 days now.

I searched the internet for people who had problems like me and
    Without any surprise I found many people having the same problem.

I am getting frustrated by these daily dose of reliance problems, and
    Seriously urge you rectify it. There is a whole bunch of people who
    Are like me... Frustrated

It would be so nice of you if you update my details on the system and
    Change my plan to 300kbps.

Lookin for prompt action,
    Sincerely,
    Puneet

fionn Nov 24, 2009

reliance broadband is pure crap
    worst service ever... never go for it
    u might end up losing your 500 rs and not get connection
    or
    u will get connection and a senseless unjustified bill of Rs 5000

if u disagree please help yourself by searching for "reliance broadband problems" on google
    believe me...

• Ka
    kannu Sep 03, 2009

my broadband connection was in the name of manoj gupta and even the phone connection...later we had returned the instrument and got the number changed and even got the connection in the name of smt. mamta gupta the id being the same...now the id has been temporarily barred..and i am not able to understand the reason behind it...we are paying the monthly bills which are being payed in the name of smt. mamta gupta...we are receiving the bills from that name and when being asked at the cutomer care...they say that the connection is still in the name of manoj gupta...though we receive the bills which show that the payment is being made in the name of smt. mamta gupta..we have been paying all the bills with no due bills..but at the customer care they say that the connection is still in the name of manoj gupta and there is some due bill..which is clearly wrong...
    my user id is [protected]...please look into this matter as asp...

• Da
    Davina Taylor Aug 28, 2009

Dear Fiona I have had a very bad experience as my braodband netconnect has not even been activated - a week later
    They refuse to give me my money back (Rs3, 500) or cancel my contract The sales girl Apana even called me back laughing saying I would not get my money back and that I would be billed monthly even if the device didn't work
    I am a foreigner living here and have seen there are a lot of complaints against relaince broadband and I am sure there are masses more people out there that have not complained but are as fed up as we are
    We must all get together and complain more forcefully - people power I was cheated by a franchisee Sri Sri Associates in Karamana Trivandrum
    We need a good advocate and the PRESS
    Please email with as many others as you can
    By the way there IS an Indian law that can help us I know all about it - lets get together
    Davina

fiona_014 Aug 06, 2009

This is so much believable and expected behaviour from Reliance. I am facing a similar problem.
    They take ages to terminate the connection and they charge you till the day they terminate it. It should be terminated as soon as we request for the termination.
    They have not collected my modem yet and if they charge me for it, I will also approach the consumer court and the Ministry. Kindly let me know how you approached the ministry.
    I think you should approach the consumer court as well. You can also approach the police in case they harass you too much.
    Reliance is a fraudulent company owned by a fraud.

• Na
    nasr_hf Aug 06, 2009

Oh horrible.
    Reliance is good for only one thing. Recovery of money.
    Even after complaining with the below mention, my problems have increased. I have Reliance goondas knocking on my door for recovery of money.
    I have been pleading with them not to call and harass and now they are knocking at my door.
    I don't know what could be next. I have file a complaint with Ministry of Telecommunication, for which the Ministry has forwarded my complaint to one Devender Singh, he hasn't replied to that yet.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was a subscriber of Reliance Broadband, for their wimax connection with cousuner number([protected]) in bangalore .
    For months I faced lot of difficulty with their pathetic speed and harassment from their collections department for payment of bills.
    I have following complaints against them
    1. My speed was very low. I had taken 300kbps and I used to get download speed of les than 10kpbs. I had several complaints without any result.
    2. I used to get call for payment of bills from 15 of every-month for a bill which had due date of 1 or 2 the next month.
    Fed up with their service I asked for immediate termination of service, for which they had given me complaint ids ([protected]), ([protected]).I had asked for termination before 21-May-2017.<br />
    After that they didn't collect the Modem and antenna from my place for some days. After making calls to them they came and collected on 05-Jun-2017 with receipt.
    Now they are harassing me for the payment of one month of broadband charges June), without me using their services for single min during that time. I didn't even login to their services.
    Initially they said, there will not be any charges since the delay is from their side to take the Modem and antenna and now they are harassing me for payment of on full month.
    Kindly look into the matter, as I am facing harassment from their calls and mails.
    Thanks

fiona_014 Aug 05, 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a reliance broadband customer. My Subscriber Id: [protected].

I got this connection a few months back and have been regularly paying my bill. A month back, a reliance broadband agent once visited us and told us about a new reliance plan and told us that we could opt for the new plan. I filled in a form and he left.

1) But instead of changing my plan, he gave me a new connection [protected].
    2) He did not request for the termination of my old connection, nor did he inform me that I have to get it terminated myself.
    3) I eventually realized his blunder when I got TWO bills (one for the new connection and another for the old one!) I requested for termination of connection on 04-07-2017. But it took a long time for them to actually terminate it.

After I have sent a request for termination, why am I being charged for it? That is absolutely unacceptable. Besides, when i called up customer care, I was told that the connection has been terminated on 15-07-2017. But did not get a bill on pro-rata basis. I was charged for a period between 23-06-2017 to 22-07-2017.

The first time I got two bills, I paid them. But I have received them again this month. I should not be charged for the old connection since I had requested for its termination. Besides, your agent neither changed my plan, nor did he terminate my connection.

Also, I received too many calls from this agent as well as from the company for bill payment. How do I escalate the issue against this agent?

Kindly look into the matter as I feel I have been dealt with unfairly.

Thanks.

• Pr
    priyan Aug 03, 2009

Sir,

I have gone through your case details, you logged the complaint on 26 May, as per policies a week's time is required for terminating the services.

So you will be getting a waiver from 2.06.09 to 4.06.09 of Rs. 106.64 incl service tax of Rs. 9.96 for rental charges, as you have already got the reversal from 5.06.09 to 10.06.09 in the bill dated 11.07.09.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Reliance Customer Care

madhusudan Nov 14, 2008

The reliance service is totally pathetic.There seems to be no communication between departments.I had terminated my reliance broadband connection on 25th of july and also paid the bill till aug 1st even though the net was not working properly and the free phone was a dead phone throughout.The service guy came after nearly a month to take back the modem and other stuff and reliance is now charging me for the modem and additional month of net usage even though i have given it back and never used internet.If there is any bad internet service along with ridiculous customer service and pathetic technical department and outrageous billing department it is Reliance Broadnet.
    Request the concerned authorities to stop sending me any more bills.
    User ID :[protected]

• Aw
    Awadhesh Chandra Shukla Sep 03, 2008

bill doesn't come on time. net get disconnect due to late billing. and the reliance landline phone get disconnect even if bill is paid is already. please give the bill on time so that there could not be such problems. bill is alwys 5 to 10 days. and v have to suffer disconnection again and again.

• Na
    narayanm Aug 08, 2008

I also expirence same

• Ka
    Kapil Khaneja May 29, 2008

I have been in touch for 4 months with Nishu Mam at the local reliance broadband Office in Industrial Area Chandigarh.

I had a prepaid connection runing for several months. I got it changed to Post Paid and in the first bill i received that is on 11-11-2017 i saw Rs 500 extra as One Time Installation charges for a connection that was already up and running.

I brought it to the notice of the concerned industrial area chandigarh office but to no effect. They accepted that the charges were wrong and they commited me that the charges Rs 500 will be waived off in he next bill. Since then till date every month they cut down my services and force me to pay the extra Rs 500 with a commitment that it will be waived off in the next bill.

Even now my services are not active due to the same issue.

I would like to convey that if the company is not able to provide the fair services and want to mint money from the customers like this then they dont have a long future in the market

Helpless Customer
    Kapil Khaneja

sasikumar May 01, 2008

same thing happened to me i booked a new connection and waitng for a connection more than 45 days after that also there is no responce and i informed them to cancel the application and refund my money but there is no responce RELIANCE IS A REAL CHEATER

MY APPLICATION NO : CAF NO : [protected]

BOOKED BY MR.ABBAS HIS TEAM LEADER BEVEN AND FOLLOWD BY MR BALAJI

Manoj Apr 27, 2008

Pathetic Customer Support and Lies::

This event is in addition to their pathetic service. Their collection department is very efficient. They want to collect money even without giving service ! Sometime back they called and asked for payment, I asked them for what ? They told broadband service. Its non existent; I told. You want me to pay you for no service, is it a donation ?? They told you complain to customer care, we only collect money, service is the headache of custome care. I asked that even if there is no service should I pay ? They disconnected the phone.

1. On 15/3/08 22:35p.m. I raised a request (No [protected]) with reliance customer care to shift my
    broadband to a new address. I was told that somebody will cal shortly and the shifting will be done within 7 working days as per SLA. I told them about the urgency and requested to do it soon as I was about to travel.

2. I followed up in between with customer care and they informed me that it will be done soon.
    3. Nobody called within 7 working days and I started my travel as per schedule. I received a call(roaming) on 28th (around 10th working day) from some one called Praveen of Reliance( Mobile

Number 984******* ). I asked him what was the reason for the delay. He told that he is sorry and he had some personal problems. I told him that I am travelling and he needs to wait for me to come back. He agreed.

4. Couple of days after I come back from travel I enquired to find out the status of my complaint( 13 Apr 2017). I was shocked to hear that my request has been closed as I told him that I don't want to shift ! When I confronted the the customer support that this is a lie, they told that this is the status mentioned while closing the call.

5. Frustated I asked reliance customer support for service disconnection. 13 -Apr 2017 Req No
    [protected]. They told me that this will happen within 15 days. I also told that I'm not going to pay for the non-service period. Someone called the next day and asked me if I wanted to disconnect and I told yes. They asked why, I told isn't the reason obvious.

There has been no further communication so far.

Manoj

• Dr
    Dr Rukhsana Siddiqui Apr 26, 2008

Hello All

I will not recommend Reliance broadband to anyone not even a single friends. Reliace customer care and Technicl team really sucks.
    I am waiting since last 1 month that my internet problem will be fixed soon
    I sent them 15 emails they have not replied even a single email.
    I have not seen such unprofessional and unethical company

• Dr
    Dr Rukhsana Siddiqui Apr 26, 2008

I am very upset with your reliance Technical Support Team
    I made several complaints but no action. Please help me out.
    Reliance Broadband sent two different people but they are not able to solve the issue.
    One person came to check the fault. He said there is no fault from inside house and there is some issue outside my house.
    Our family members were waiting for him but he never came back.
    But I am still waiting for that person but no call from Reliance .

Please please help me out . This is really frustrating

No Signal
    Problem:- Home page is not opening
    PPPOE light is not working in Modem

They even dont reply even a single email. Technical Team really sucks

I am waiting my problem to fixed but I am waiting since last 1 Month

Customer care executives they have only 2 dialogies

1. problem will be solved as soon as possible
    2. we are forwarding your request to urgent priority basis.

Looks like they dont have even a single qualified engineer in UP

Thanks & Regards

Madhusudhan Rao Apr 04, 2008

We are a small and neglected customer of you having morethan 280 Mobile connections all over india,
    E1 PRI Line
    More than 20 Landline connections
    and a Broadband connection

Our Broadband connection is not working due to the modem problem, since 2 Months. Couple of Complaints given at Customer care were closed without attending the issue.
    Customer care people say that they made a call to the contact number given by us (i.e., [protected]), whereas we did not receive any call at all. We can provide you the
    Received calls List from the Service Provider if required, as a proof.

The Recent Complaint Booked on 02-03-2017 was not attended till now and when I enquired the customer care, they say it is just now closed stating that they made a confirmation call
    the our given contact number. But in fact Nobody turned up from your side during the last one month and literally we have been following up daily once to the customer care.

We have already taken another connection from another ISP. So, even you can disconnect the connection, but I am surprised, you may take months together for disconnecting also.
    I request you to solve this issue immediately or else we may need to look for an alternative.

Madhusudhan Rao
    Manager - Administration
    Laticrete India Pvt Ltd.,
    Ph : +[protected] Lines)
    Website : www.myklaticrete.com

• Su
    Sumanth yeri Mar 29, 2008

Hi all,
    if any one is even THINKING of taking a reliance broadband connection i'd strongly recommend not to cause i made the mistake of trusting reliance even though i'd read so many complaints about it. I'm experiencing it REAL TIME now,
    I have an 750 unlimited plan, i'd called the customer care as the connection was getting timed out very frequently, and there i got the shock of my life, the agents talking so rude, i felt like more than they giving me service i'm begging for it.
    the agents name is " Mr Jaspal". He dint even transfer the call to the supervisor and told me straight on my face that nothing can be done about it, so people how are thinkin of unlimited broadband connection with reliance "JUST FORGET IT" cause reliance expects us to sit in front of the computer and browse the net all the time that v need free download,
    and If u make a mistake of taking a broadband connection and want to get out of it, people for your information it takes 15 business days for reliance to disconnect your connection and they will charge you for all those days whether you use the connection or not.

I'd strongly recommend nobody to take a reliance broadband connection.

thank you.

shruthi shetty Jan 15, 2008

An sales officer from Reliance communication named Arun came home and took a desposit of Rs:563 promising for an internet service. I have the reciept details of it as well. After many days, when i called him every alternative days, he said that he has resigned from that job in very rude manner. He asked me to call to 080-[protected]/119 where people never responded. Then i called to the reliance customer care-3033 7777 where they said that they would forward my complaint to higher authority. Every time i call i have to explain them whole situation again and again and i get the same answer.

For the proof, i have the reciept which was issued on 25-070-7 for Rs:563. How can i get back my deposit?
    Please do the needful.

• Ar
    Arun Arora Jan 06, 2008

i had taken a Reliance broadband connection on the 5th of Jan, 2017 and starting having problems since day one. The reliance broadband(so called secure) has a password authentication to access internet, however, if you do not logoff or get logged off accidently(system reboot) and try to login again, it will not accept your username and password. The screen has a section called " Forgot Password" but that does not work. It says to call Customer Care. When you call the customer care, they would never answer on time, when they do, they will reset your password and ask you to wait for 6 hours (this is the default time the system takes on the backend to flush out all inactive sessions). Isnt this frustrating. The customer care guy will never transfer the call to the manager neither would give out his full name. PATHETIC TECHNOLOGY AND SERVICE

shrikrishna kadle Jun 19, 2007

I had a reliance FWP, I surrendered it as they had consistently hiking the charges, reducing the facilities and coverage not so good at my apartment. I switched Reliance broadband services.

Though I surrendered my phone on 7th april, the next bills have been generated. I am actually supposed to receive money (the difference of bill payable and my deposit). But to my surprise i have been sent a demand note and the company is trying to defame me by sending the copies to police station and other operators.

The call centres are not giving any information and I have been asked to contact the web worlds.

Is this the way a customer to be treated who had been giving business of above 1000/- consistently over 2 years.

I have lodged a complaint with customer care!

I have to see their reply. I am yet to talk to web world. but what about the loss of pride!

Will reliance pay the damages?