Having problems with Purolator?

Purolator reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2008. The latest review Driver behaviour was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint delivery service was resolved on Mar 15, 2021. Purolator has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 323 reviews. Purolator has resolved 233 complaints.

Purolator Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 744 7123 (Customer Service)
+1 800 561 7876 (TTY for the Hearing Impaired)
+1 800 459 5599 (Technical Support)
+1 888 302 8819 (Freight Customer Service)
5995 Avebury Road, Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada - L5R3T8

Purolator Complaints & Reviews

Purolator — no attempt to deliver and customer service were dishonest

The driver never made any attempts to deliver my Ipad. I tracked the driver most of the day and even saw that...

Calgary

Purolator — customer service is awful

The customer service I've just received regarding my order was terrible. I literally missed my delivery by 5...

St. John's

Purolatordelivery service

My parcel a tv antenna, was supposed to be delivered yesterday, I paid extra for expedited service, I waited all day Friday wasted a whole day waiting for delivery!
Tracking on amazon said parcel missed connection at Calgary airport, if you're job is to ship parcels how could you miss a key component like this?????
They should have made my delivery over night, What ON EARTH &$***++—##@@@
Are they going to pay me a days wages .
To top it off if I am not home, they leave the parcel at their depot in the middle of nowhere.
I don't drive, no bus service their, Purolator should pay for my cab .
No option to have parcel delivered when your home, or drop off near my home .
Quess what UPS will provide theses options.
Amazon said that there system will not allow me to choose a delivery service.
I am not part of their system, Iam a customer, a person !!!

delivery service

• Purolator's response · Oct 29, 2018

Hello, thanks for leaving your feedback. We're really sorry for the delay. We always push ourselves to deliver all shipments on time. But unfortunately, unexpected circumstances can slow down the shipping process. If possible, can you please send the tracking number to [email protected]? We'll report any service failure to management. And if you missed the delivery, we can also request for another attempt for you.

Purolatorshipping

They f*cked up everything! I tried fixing it hut they refused, I asked for 300$ insurance, was ina rush cause the line was long and by the time it was my turn I was late for work and I said I was in a rush, I was told it would arrive on thursday. I left and when I got home after work noticed they put the wrong insurance so I went back three times asking for the manager who was never there left my number multiple times and never heard back, the packaged arrived a day late absolutely destroyed, the box was falling apart and everything in side was broken int pieces. No body will take responsibility they keep blaming me and now I am out 300 [censored]ing dollars for your companies incompetence, I have shipped this same item dozens of times with you guys and have never had problems but how after this [censored]ty service will never be shipping with you again and I will now be leaving reviews on every possible website that lets me review your company.

• Purolator's response · Oct 22, 2018

Hello, thanks for your feedback. We really do apologize for the damages. Can you please send the tracking number to [email protected]? We'll look into this and will report this service failure to management for you.

James / Social Media Coordinator / www.purolator.com

Purolator — same day service

On friday october 19, 2018, I phoned for your same day service and was transferred to a third party delivery...

Purolator — poor delivery management

I always order from Amazon and have my items expeditiously shipped, but every time my orders gets picked up...

Purolatordelivery of package

Re: [protected] CS-8225441--Comark shipment

I ordered a blouse online from the store Cleo on September 29th to be couriered to my address at 580 Eyer Drive, Unit 104 in Pickering, Ontario. I check my mailbox daily and when my parcel did not show up after more than one week, I checked the tracking on the parcel and saw that it was showing as having been delivered on October 2nd. As instructed by Cleo's customer service, I contacted Purolator who put a 'trace' on the package. After waiting a couple of days to hear back I received an e-mail from Pauline Rose, Tracing Specialist who said she would get back to me. A day or so later she asked if I checked my mailbox. Ridiculous!! I assured her that I check my mailbox every day. She again said she get back to me. The day before yesterday she e-mailed to say their records show the parcel was delivered and they would close the file. I e-mailed back to ask her to confirm what unit # it was delivered to and received no reply. I called Cleo's customer service today who said they would submit a claim to Purolator. I just received a message from Cleo saying they noticed the parcel was delivered to Unit #4 and NOT to the correct unit # on the order which was Unit 104.

I honestly don't believe any effort whatsoever was made to locate my parcel. I will have to now knock on a stranger's door to see if the parcel was received and if they, in fact, still have it. If they don't I will have Cleo go ahead and submit the claim.

Your customer service leaves a lot to be desired and your tracking department is more than useless. Terrible experience - terrible customer service!

Beth Campbell
      104 Eyer Drive, Unit 104
      Pickering, ON L1W 3B7

• Purolator's response · Oct 17, 2018

Hello Beth, thank you for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. We understand this must be very frustrating. If possible, can you please email the tracking number or the trace case number to [email protected]? We'll report this incorrect delivery to management for you.

Purolatorcustomer relations

On October 12, 2018 at 9:30 am at a local Seniors Centre in NE Calgary, a Purolator Truck was parked in our parking lot for quite a long time.
        One of our senior board members who is 78 years old, went up to him to see if he was okay and if he needed help.
        The Purolator Driver, began to berate the senior, yell and accuse him of being aggressive by coming up to the truck. When the senior tried to say he wasn't that he was just concerned and that the driver is alot younger than he was, the driver became even more agitated. He apparently postured towards the senior. This scared the senior.
        The senior left the driver immediately.
        This type of behavior is not acceptable towards a senior. Nor on our property.
        I am also concerned about the driver...did he have a trauma while delivering a package ? Did he have many for him to be so reactive??
        I would prefer a phone call to discuss this matter further .

Sincerely,
        Dianne Gray
        RSW
        Executive Director
        Greater Forest Lawn 55+ Society
        [protected]

• Purolator's response · Oct 12, 2018

Hello Dianne, we sincerely apologize for this behavior. Please rest assured, this is not how we train our staff members. Can you please send us the address of the center and your contact information to [email protected]? We'll request local management to follow up with you.

James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com

Purolator — worst delivery service ever. not attempted a delivery but showing delivery attempted. track it mwb000059459

Hi, I am from Montreal and ordered some important stuff from amazon to be delivered via One Day Delivery. I...

Montreal

Purolatordelivery

2018 and Puralor has not changed a bit. I never would do business with them but Pitney Bowes from eBay and Amazon used them as final deliver option. They really suck I am not sure why they even do not drop the package or notice to your door. I always had issue with their delivery from eBay/Pitney Bowes as they ask me to go all the way from Scarborough to West Etobicoke to pick up the package. Today Amazon sent me two packages one through Puralotor and another through another carrier. The Puralotor driver posted as not available for delivery with one scant call he was not around here at all as he never left delivery notice neither while the driver of the other parcel actually knocked the door and delivered. I am not sure why eBay and Amazon keep giving parcels to this useless company. I do believe even Canada Post or the army of Amazon listed deliver guys do a sound quality work thiese days compared to Purelator

• Purolator's response · Oct 11, 2018

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Our drivers should make valid attempts by ringing or knocking. Can you please send the tracking numbers to [email protected]? We'll request for another delivery for you and will report any service failure.

James / Social Media Coordinator

Purolator"guaranteed delivery" not guaranteed

On Thursday October 4, 2018, our company sent 3 shipments (9 large boxes in total) to be delivered by the end of the next day. They were only going about 4 hours away so we figured that there shouldn't be any problem but opted for the guaranteed delivery just in case since the products are perishable and it was a long weekend. On Friday when we checked on the tracking numbers to make sure that everyone's orders were on their way to their final destinations when we discovered that they all were at the main depot but wouldn't be delivered until the next Tuesday! We were on the phone with Customer Service for nearly an hour just trying to get answers as to why this was happening and explain that everything was perishable and supposedly guaranteed to be delivered that day. No one was able to figure out why it wasn't going to be delivered and after multiple attempts could not even get through to the depot to find out what was going on. We tried contacting everyone who was supposed to get their orders that day to see if there was anyway to drive to the depot and pick up the bread themselves. Fortunately some were able to, even driving from an hour a way to do so. One person was at the depot but they originally were told they didn't have the boxes even though we had proof it had been scanned there and then once they were pressed to look "found" them but still refused to release them. They got on the phone with us and denied having any information from Customer Service even though I was told by two different people that they had emailed the depot as well as sent a flag of sorts to notify them that these packages had to go out that day. They were extremely unhelpful to say the least. Now it is Tuesday and once again we called Customer Service to find out if the final delivery would be made today and if they knew anything else about why this happened, if there was anything we could do on our end to make sure this doesn't happen again etc. I am still waiting to be called back. We would love to at least get our money back for the shipping at the very least if not covered for the lost product. As well as a solution so that we can ship our products without having to worry about whether or not they will even be delivered. We ship out multiples boxes every day so this is a huge concern for our small business.

• Purolator's response · Oct 10, 2018

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send the tracking numbers to [email protected]? I'll look into them for you.

James / Social Media Coordinator

Purolatoritem not delivered

I've been waiting for a delivery of medication that I require. It was to be delivered Sept 11/18 and since I have to sign for it, I had to be home, from 8am-8pm. At 5:15pm I received a call from the shipper to say he'd received word that it wouldn't be delivered until the next day. So I rearranged my schedule for yesterday and waited, from 8-8 again. It again wasn't delivered, and the tracking page stated that delivery was attempted at 6:10pm but there wasn't an adult available to accept. My adult daughter and I were both waiting at that time. Today I called and was told it was on the truck for delivery, again. When I explained that I could not wait all day again, I absolutely have to go out for a couple of hours today, I was told that they would try to give me an eta but wouldn't be able to until later this morning. I've since received a call from Purolator that they still didn't know an eta. It's currently 1:00pm Sept.13 and I am desperately in need of my medication, but also desperately in need of farm feed. The last communication with them left me feeling angry and insulted, and very much like a not valued customer. This isn't the first time they've been late with this, though it's the first time it's been 3 days waiting. I am unsure what resolution would be adequate; this is a very expensive and possible life saving medication that requires reliable and on-time delivery, which obviously isn't happening.

• Purolator's response · Sep 17, 2018

Hello, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences. We hope that you already received your shipment. If possible, can you please send the tracking number to [email protected]? We'd like to take a closer look at the situation so we'll be able to report to management for you.

James // Social Media Coordinator

Purolator — on delivery but not delivered.

Sep 11, 2018 20:15 Montreal Sort Ctr/ctr Tri, PQ Arrived at sort facility Sep 11, 2018 8:37 Montreal...

Purolatorpurolator female employee in thunder bay ontario on main street september 11, 2018 at 5:20 pm

I walked into the Purolator Office on Main Street, Thunder Bay Ontario on September 11, 2108 at 5:20 PM. The blonde middle age lady, she called herself "Carrie" as I asked what her name was. First of all, "Carrie" had no sense of Customer Service. "Carrie" was rude to me. She talked to me by asking me the same questions over and over. I had said to "Carrie" that I understood, several times. I asked her why she was being so arguementive with me. She asked for my I.D. and "Carrie" SLAMMED DOWN MY DRIVER'S LICENSE on the counter in front of my face. "Carrie" showed frustration and very upset with me. "Carrie" had stated in a rude attitude and a tone of voice as she said...Have a great day! with a smirk on her face and with body language. I am 48 years old and I do not appreciate "Carrie's " attitude and body language with a negative authority. It is obvious, "Carrie" does not have NO SENSE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I had said to her that I was going to make a complaint about her behaviour towards me. I am an Indigenous Woman, I find "Carrie's" behaviour discriminatory against me as an Indigenous Person. "CARRIE" NEEDS TO BE REPRIMANDED for being disrespectful, Rude and derogatory and no value towards a customer.

• Purolator's response · Sep 11, 2018

Hello, thank you for bringing this situation to our attention and we sincerely apologize for this behaviour. We will report this situation to local management so a follow up can be conducted with Carrie. If possible, can you please send us the tracking number to [email protected]? It would be greatly appreciated.

James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com

Purolator — the driver started swearing at me.

On August 27th at 8.40am on my way to work. I drive north on Bay street. I was making a left on Grosvenor...

Purolatorirresponsible delivery

I encountered a irresponsible delivery. The tracking id is CGK003308217. This occurred on August 28 around 4 pm.

My name is Haoyang Yu. The postman who deliver my package left my package in front of my apartment building entrance door with knowing I'm home.

The postman called my buzzer and I answered, and I believe she knows I'm home but she suddenly hang off the call. So I didn't know she is delivering my package.

After one hour, my neighbor knocked on my door said I have a package that being left in front of the building. If my good neighbor didn't knock on my door, I wouldn't know that my package is being left so irresponsibly with the potential being packed up by someone else.

According to OSNR protocol that the the drop-off location should be to safe and secure. But dropping the client's package in front of a building isn't safe and secure at all. Especially with the postman knowing the recipient is at home!!!

Hence, I'm filing a complaint to this irresponsible postman, and hope this won't happen again.

• Updated by Jimmy Yu · Aug 28, 2018

My email: [email protected]

• Purolator's response · Aug 29, 2018

Hi Haoyang, I'm so sorry to hear about this situation. Was the shipment left at the door of your apartment or in the lobby? One is perfectly fine but the other is definitely not. You can reply to me here: [email protected]

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator

Purolator — delivery

Last week they said my address was not found and today the truck stopped in front of my driveway where we are...

Purolatordelayed delivery and negligent customer service

Re: Lexmark Magenta Cartridge tracking number [protected]
                    Tracing number 7877699

This package was requested to be expedited within 1 day, created on Aug. 7th ready for pick -up at 4pm. Package was not picked-up until 8:15am on Aug. 8th and was already in transit according to the tracker. It is now Aug. 10th at 8:27 pm and my package still has not arrived.

After speaking to numerous customer service representatives, these are my following comments:
                    1. No one knew where the package is currently;
                    2. no one knew where to locate the item;
                    3. no one knew why the item was delayed for 3 days;
                    4. no one knew what time I will be called back by the person tracing the package;
                    5. no one knew if the item will even be located;
                    6. no one knew who the driver is or where he was; and
                    7. no one knew if the item will be delivered today or any day for that matter.

My company had to call 4 times today to follow-up on the progress and each time we were promised that we will be contacted first, but not a single person took the initiative to actually call us first, the clients.

My company has now lost business because of this unexplained loss of delivery of a very simple package from Mississauga to Toronto. Customer service then had the audacity to say that this particular matter is "not an emergency".

THIS IS THE MOST APPALLING COMPANY IN EXISTENCE. From the lack of due diligence, negligence, lack of professionalism, no regard for client concerns, devoid of integrity, devoid of basic business ethics, absence of common-sense, and the absolute poorest practice of customer service, among plenty of other deplorable adjectives that encompasses Purolator in its entirety.

I will be re-posting this in all social media platforms, all business channels, I will extend this complaint to the Purolator CEO/President, and I will ensure that Purolator is no longer used by any of my business associates.

• Purolator's response · Aug 13, 2018

Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and the service that you received from us. If possible, can you please email us the tracking number to [email protected]? We'll look into the delay for you.

James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com

Purolator — package not being delivered. package is in nigeria but there seems to be an issue even after customs charges were paid as requested.

The PIN Number for tracking is [protected]. Packaged shipped July 14. Sent to Stephen Motunrayo from Spruce...

Purolatordangerous driving behaviour

On July 18, 2018 at 8:45 p.m. I was driving from the Anciens Combattants route entering the 40 East highway and a Purolator truck driver ( truck ID 369-4P4 Ontario), was driving in first lane very fast and accelerated and almost hit my car; I had to come to almost a complete stop as I was at the end of the entrance and being squeezed. At the same time, another truck driver was changing lane and tried to squeeze in since he might have not seen me because of the maneuver of the Purolator truck driver.

I request that a formal complaint be put in this truck driver file. Please CC me the official document that will be filed at the following email address; [protected]@videotron.ca.

• Purolator's response · Jul 19, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am very sorry for the concern this has caused.

We do take safety on the road very seriously and the driver’s actions are completely unacceptable. I will forward your experience directly to the driver’s manager as a complaint. A formal follow up will be done with the driver directly. If you'd like to be contacted as well, please send me your name and phone number to [email protected]

Best regards,