Having problems with Purolator?

Purolator reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2008. The latest review Driver behaviour was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint delivery service was resolved on Mar 15, 2021. Purolator has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 323 reviews. Purolator has resolved 233 complaints.

Purolator Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 744 7123 (Customer Service)
+1 800 561 7876 (TTY for the Hearing Impaired)
+1 800 459 5599 (Technical Support)
+1 888 302 8819 (Freight Customer Service)
5995 Avebury Road, Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada - L5R3T8

Purolator Complaints & Reviews

Purolator — driver attempt to unlock front door

On April 24/18 at about 12:50, a Purolator driver delivered a package (tracking information below). At same...

Toronto

Purolatordelivery

I had order something on Amazon it was supposed to be delivered on July 11. It never arrived due to the truck broke down. Then we had called to adviced not to send it for delivery will come and pick it up. It was put on the truck for delivery it was supposed to arrive on July 13. Due to the driver was not able to acces the door it was not delivered. We called to advise what happen and told them will come and pick it up today due to we need what we had order for this weekend. Was told a request will be send to have it taken out the truck due to no one will be available on the next delivery day. Today we spend a few hours at purolator waiting for the package, kept being told the truck was not arrived. Then we advise it show that it was there, we were told that it was put another truck for delivery for Monday, We told them it will be the same situation and no one will be there. Now an email will be send to the manager to have them hold it. We didn't really appreciate to waste our time waiting at home for it and then at your location to wait again and not getting our partial. We had to take time off to wait for my order.

delivery
delivery

• Purolator's response · Jul 13, 2018

Hello,

I am very sorry you’ve had a negative experience with us.

Would it be possible to email me your tracking number to [email protected]? I’ll review the details of the situation and follow up with you directly.

Mike
      Social Media Coordinator /Customer CareTeam
      Visit us on:

Purolatordelayed shipping

I have sent an important document for immigration purposes to the philippines. I chose the express shipping since i need those documents to be process as soon as posible. I have paid $120.00. The associate says it will take 2-3 business days to be reach its destination. When I check the tracking number they gave me it says invalid or they cant find that tracking number, so i called the customer service to follow up they cant find my tracking number and instead they create and open case for this and afterwards they gave me a new tracking number, at first they ask me if the documents is suppose to be deliver in Phoenix.To make the long story short, when i check the new tracking number it shows that they did try to deliver the documents in the address provided on the shipping but they were saying that the reciever is not available which is not true so they decided to reschedule for the 2nd time and they said the receiver is not available again which is again not true since they know how important this documents are so they are surely at home waiting for this. They reschedule it again for the 3rd time and said the receiver is unavailabe which is rediculous. The 3 days shipping now turns out to be 5 days. I called customer service to ask for the phone number of the postal/courier office where the documents are so the receiver can call them to make sure she will get the documents when they delivered so she called the UPS and unfortunately they were asking for the UPS tracking number which is not provided to me when i follow up. Finally when i called the purolator customer service they gave me the UPs tracking number. The receiver called the UPS office and confirmed that they will deliver the documents on June 28 and they will give her a call before they go but unfortunately nobody call her instead UPS driver shows up at 9 pm on June 28 apologizing that it was delayed on the plain. This is only means that my documents was not ship on June 18 and the tracking is not accurate. Because of this delayed they screwed me up and did not get the documents on time. It ended up with 2 weeks shipping and not express. Now I demand to get a full refund since it didn't deliver on time that i needed it. Please see attached for your reference. I hope this will be resolved immediately.

delayed shipping
    delayed shipping

Purolator — not knocking or ringing doorbell when attempting delivery

I saw from my tracking number package to arrive today. So I wait by the window in front of my house, where...

Purolatordelivery promise - not met - average delay 4x longer than promised.

Purolator has failed to deliver 11 times in a row.

We will never use purolator. These packages were sent overnight - extra high fees - with timely contents.
      Hey - purolator — that is why we pay the huge extra fees... To make sure that you deliver as promise and as expected.

Due to purolator 100% failure rate to deliver. Oh yes.in each case someone was at home waiting for the package.
      Purolator never attempted delivery. The driver just came to the door and left a sticky note with the bold lie - delivery attempt made.

There was never a ring of the door bell nor a phone call, nor a knock on the door. Never once.

I saw the driver one time and asked him why he did not even attempt to ring the door bell. His answer - "no time to wait", an other time was "can't be bothered to carry package (less than 1 kilo) - then no one answers the door.".

With such a horrid track record of gouging for services not rendered, and lousy customer service. We always call purolator if we now a package is to be delivered. We always emphasize.
      1. Be honest and truly deliver
      2. Knock and/or ring the door bell
      3. Phone if no answer - we might be in back yard
      4. Leave package at the door no signature required.

Purolator has failed each and every delivery in the last 2.5 years.
      They even left one package of legal documents - signature required - at a local gas station and variety store!!!

The average time to get resolution (for overnight) is in excess of 4 days requiring over 3 hours on the phone and online.

The online - is useless. It seems that the online experience is meant to block people from getting a human being to address issues. The form itself is textbook case of what not to do!

Is this incompetence or are they purposely avoiding spending money on customer service. It seems to me that passing the buck and lying to the customer is their normal operating procedure.

Tell the world - do not use purolator. Quick to take your money - horrid at responding to issues. They have always denied responsibility for their failings.

One time they promised a $100 customer service credit - this of course was also a lie. After the so called manager or senior manager made the promise - but of course they lost that record too.

Purolator cannot be trusted - dishonest people, culture of lying, and not taking responsibility. I am sure it starts at the top - driven by greed

• Purolator's response · Jun 21, 2018

Hello,

we apologize for any inconvenience stemming from these incidents.

Our drivers are supposed to knock or ring the doorbell before leaving a notice of delivery, when a signature is required to complete the delivery. Please note that you can contact us to request a 2nd delivery attempt on another business day, ask for a transfer to another location, or have the package delivered to a different address.

If you would like all shipments left at your door, you can sign up to obtain a SNR (signature not required) sticker. I can provide the form for you to sign up.

Could you please email me your latest tracking number? I'll report this for you.

Regards,
          Vincent // Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc. // E-mail: [email protected] // Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp // Visit us on: www.Purolator.com

Purolatordelivery issue

My gut said don't use Purolator, but I did. I needed to get very important documents from Winnipeg to Calgary the next day by 10:30 am. So I paid the extra money only to have a so called mechanical delay which caused the documents to be delivered in 2 days. I asked for a refund and they said that mechanical delays are non refundable. I deal with companies all over the world and this is the worst customer service I have every come across. This is the last time I ever use this courier.

• Purolator's response · Jun 21, 2018

Hello Larry,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident.

Could you please email me the tracking number of the package? I'll look into this for you.

Vincent
            Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.
            E-mail: [email protected]

Purolatordelivery damaged/ package left in driveway

Our parcel was dropped in our Driveway without a knock at the door. 3 people home and I was looking out the window when he dropped it. 2 people in the truck. The box clearly labeled fragile is full of holes and torn. The box is also labeled 2 people lift and the man didn't even use a dolly to move the box. The contract holder didn't get out of the drivers seat. His name is Don Carlson

delivery damaged/ package left in driveway

• Purolator's response · Jun 18, 2018

Hello, we apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident. Could you please email us your tracking number? We'll look into this situation for you. Regards, Vincent // Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc. // E-mail: [email protected]

Purolatorshipping process

Absolutely Garbage
            I was shipping some shrimps. Paid for 1-day express service. Put it in a box, and label it live fishes.
            The package didn't arrive. No one contacted us. 2 days later, after calling them 10 times. Someone answered me and say they dimmed the package was a dangerous good, so instead of putting it on the plane, they put it on a truck to drive it all the way from Toronto To Alberta and it will be a 5 business day shipping instead.
            Give me a [censored]. If they think it's dangerous and it won't go on the plane, give us a call and ask us what we want to do. Instead of making a stupid decision for us. My shrimps will die if it has to travel 5 days.
            SO STUPID. I don't know what their process it, but don't make the decision for me like that. I paid for 1 day express shipping for a reason.

• Purolator's response · May 25, 2018

Hello, we apologize for the inconveniences stemming from this incident. If possible, can you please email us the tracking number? We would like to look into it for you. Regards, James// Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc. // E-mail: [email protected] // Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp // Visit us on: www.Purolator.com

Purolatordriver attempt to unlock front door

On April 24/18, a Purolator driver delivered an expected package (tracking information below). At same time, our house guest noticed someone at out front door pressing the combination lock buttons. Assuming it was a family member entering she simply waited. But after a second and third (unsuccessful) attempt she feared it was an intruder. She immediately went to the window and saw a Purolator driver leaving the property and enter his truck. The attempt of opening the combination lock is an illegal attempt to enter our home and request that Purolator investigate and, if possible, provide an explanation.

Tracking # [protected]

Resolution: None. Purolator e-mailed back to say someone would contact me but this has not happened.

• Pu
                  Purolator Help May 10, 2018

Hi, our sincere apologies for this incident. Customer's security is our main concern. We would like to report to the local management. If possible, can you please email us your tracking number? We'll be able to identify the driver who attempted to enter your residence. Regards, James// Social Media Coordinator // Customer Care Team // Purolator Inc. // E-mail: [email protected] // Follow us on Twitter : http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp // Visit us on: www.Purolator.com

PurolatorI am complaining against purolator about charging me for delivering a damaged product!

Hello,

I have asked Purolator in Sudbury, ON, Canada to send a package to Iran and they were not able to do it and after a long time they returned to me. however, te package was broken and was unusable. I made a claim and after several days, they told me we cannot refund you even I have sent the picture of broken package to them. To make a long strory short, I have payed full amount to deliver package to Iran and also they take me the return cost to me for a broken pachkage. Thios is totally unfair and I cannot how to take my rights. They didn't delivered my package and also broken it and at the same time they charge me two time.
                I would appreciate it if you could assist me.
                Thank you.

Best regards,
                Mostafa Torabi
                [protected]@gmail.com

• Purolator's response · May 04, 2018

Hi Mostafa, our sincere apologies for this. Items that are, even partially made of glass are always shipped at shipper's risks. That is why your claim was denied. You can review our terms and conditions for all the details. For the shipping charges, you can send the tracking number to [email protected] and we'll review the situation.

Catherine/Social Media Coordinator

Purolatormy shipment

Subject:jfv247605482+jfv247605483 +jfv247605783
                  Hello,
                  My name is amanda lakeram, my tracking numbers are listing in the subject line of this email.
                  I am not pleased with the service I am receiving from purolator today.
                  I am 6 months pregnant, waiting for a shipment of baby furniture.
                  I drive a standard 4 door car and was told today by a customer service rep danielle that she is unable to provide a time slot which I could ensure I am hope to sign for my package.
                  And if no one is home then I have to pick it up myself…
                  This is infuriating. I would love for someone to explain to me how this seems possible..
                  I am supposed to pick up a crib and dresser on my own?!?!?! That's a joke!
                  Or if not. I am expected to stay home from 8am to 8pm and wait.
                  I work 5 minutes away from home and could easily be home to sign for delivery if there was a proper window assigned for my package to be delivered.
                  After 11am… after 2pm… after 6pm. But no I just get "sorry I don't know"
                  Is this not a multi-million dollar company im dealing with? And there is no way to contact the driver or whoever plans the drivers routes to give me some kinds of approximate time?
                  Im sure I wouldn't be compensated my pay if I have to take an entire day off work to sit home and wait… opposed to just a few hours..
                  As I mentioned before I work 5 mins away from home.. I requested a call from the driver so I can meet him there to sign.. To top it off this is not possible as the drivers dont carry phones.. I call [censored].
                  I wish I had an option when I made my purchase to use a different company!

• Pu
                      Purolator Help May 23, 2018

Hello Amanda, our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. Unfortunately our drivers do not carry company phones and for security reasons, we are unable to ask the drivers to use their personal phone to call customers. For the delivery hours, it's Monday to Friday from 8AM until 6PM. We understand this is a wide time frame. We wish to be able to provide an approximate hour of delivery but due to constant change in shipment volume, we are unable to do so. If you have other concerns, please email us at [email protected]

James//Social Media Coordinator

Purolatorcommunication

Hi there,
                    Here's my story. I was expecting that my package will be delivered thursday (April 26). So that morning, I kept on checking the online status. I was hoping that the delivery truck will come before I go to work. I decided to send an email to customer service and asked if there's a possibility to contact the delivery and I gave my tracking #. I just wanted to ask what time they will deliver my package. No one answered but it was ok and just let it go. So next day which was Friday, we are supposed to pick up the package in a location here in Calgary. My husband called the branch to confirm if the package was there and they said the package was there and ready for pick up. But to his surprised, when my husband got there, he was told that the package was not there anymore and reschedule for delivery. So I called the branch and said I didn't reschedule a delivery. But according to them, that somebody called which we dont know who.
                    Also, according to them, there was nothing they can do and they didn't know where the truck took my package and told me to call the customer service line and so I did. The customer service agent was very symphatic (with all honesty, purolator's CS agents are all pleasant and polite) and told me to go to the Sort Facility coz the delivery trucks are parked there and I can pick up my package from there and so I went there(the same day). I rushed to drive in Aero
                    Drive here in Calgary after my work. And to my surprised again, the staff told me that I can't pick up my package because they dont have an access in their sort facility. I almost
                    lost it but I controlled myself. Trying to explain my side to your staff. Again, I was told that somebody called and reschedule the delivery which I did not nor my husband. My point is, the package is under my name alone and I verified the tracking number and my name. I tried to explain to them that we did not call to reschedule and I was told to go to their sort facility and I can get my package from there. I rushed to go there after work and I got there 7:23pm and they were only open till 7:30pm.I felt right away that those people won't try to help me, they probably wanted just to go home which I understood. Or maybe they really don't have access. The staff said she'll
                    leave a note for her manager but she can't guarantee that I will be able to pick up my package on Monday blah blah blah. And so, we went home and I was able to check my emails around 8:30pm. I have an email from a customer service around 11:02 am, saying he reschedule my delivery (which I never asked, I only asked if I can contact the delivery guy and I got a reply more than 24 hrs after I sent my email). Now I know, its all miscommunication. What a very stressful friday. I never had complaints about Purolator before till now, we used purolator at work everyday. I'm just saying and hoping, this won't happen again.
                    I guess I should wait a few more days before I can use my new TV.

• Purolator's response · Apr 30, 2018

Hello,

Could you please email me your tracking number? I'll look into this for you.

Vincent
                        Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team Purolator Inc.

Purolator — truck ap59149

At approximately 11:30a.m. at the intersection of Burton Street and Kathleen this purolator vehichle wa...

Sudbury

Purolator — driver excessive speed and not stopping at stop

We are located on De Serres Street, in Terrebonne, delivery truck passed our street 3x times, 2x of the time...

Terrebonne

Purolatordelivery of an items that was supposed to be 2 day express

I placed an order on Amazon which I paid for 2 day express delivery through Purolator.

Not only did it not arrive on they day it was guaranteed to arrive, it didn't arrive the next day either, apparently due to weather, but the weather was gorgeous. When called asking where the product is, I was told it wouldn't make it due to a weather issue and would be delivered the following Monday, which would then be four days late. If Purolator can't guarantee their deliveries, or their driver's can't keep up with their deliveries, or maybe you don't have enough drivers, maybe you should learn how to manage your services.

Not only did I get no real explanation for the late deliveries, except for it will be delivered Monday or I could come pick it up. Considering I pay for delivery why the hell would I come pick it up.

Unfortunately, the company I purchased the product from lost out on a sale and a formal complaint has been provided to Amazon.

Tracking No. DCM004765832
                      Original anticipated delivery date: March 15 at 8:00 p.m. (nothing)
                      Had to call to find out what was going on
                      Second deliver date: March 16 latest by 8:00 p.m. (nothing) stated it was on the truck to be delivered on the 16th and would be delivered today. Then saw a message not delivered due to weather. The weather in Edmonton was cloudy and 2 C, no precipitation, and Wetaskiwin was sunny and clear. where weather came into play I have no idea.

I was then told it would be delivered Monday 19th - four days after the guaranteed delivery express date.

When speaking with your representative, I go dumbfounded silence, and absolutely no explanation for a two day delay, but as stated above, I could come pick it up from the depot. Seriously, I paid for delivery, what a dumb suggestion.

Unfortunately all the information such at tracking information and messages, locations of package I could not download, but I have it all saved, in case I can send it to you in any other format as it is in a word document.

I honestly cant say that I can recommend Purolator to anyone.

A solution this for me would be you pay for the product I ordered, considering the amount of frustration and lack of any solution or explanation to the service received was not given.

• Purolator's response · Mar 19, 2018

Hi asnyders, thanks for taking the time to bring this incident to our attention. Please accept our sincere apologies for this service failure. I've filed a complaint so a follow up can be done on these delays, by local management. I can see that you spoke with a supervisor already and that the shipment was returned to Amazon, as requested.

If you have any questions, pls contact us at [email protected]

Thanks,

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator

• Ba
                          BArmst Apr 27, 2018

Same with me! I paid for an overnight delivery and Purolator never delivered the item. Apparently, the driver came, but buzzed the wrong apartment because I was sitting in mine waiting for hours for him to arrive. I phoned and complained that evening about no delivery, and was told by the rep "Well, it's been only one day." I paid a premium price for overnight delivery and didn't get it. Purolator told me that they'd deliver it the next day. I then phoned again the next morning and the rep assured me the delivery would be that day. Nope - the driver never came - no delivery. And there's not going to be any delivery by Purolator anymore. I'd have to pick it up. Sorry, but I'm leaving for the States and am not able to travel from one end of the city to the other to pick it up.

Purolator is the worst company I've ever dealt with, and I'll never deal with them again!

Purolatornot notifying about the incorrect address, paid for food pick up

Bls international sent passport and visa through purolator. When we got the tracking number. We found out that the parcel was received at 0742 at halifax. The office didn't notify with the problem till 1530. Ehen we checked the site it was said that verification of the address needed. It was as important as a travel document along with passport. Still not responsible to let us know as we paid for food pick up. We will revive only on monday and not tomorrow. We need to travel with the baby to go and get it from the office.

Purolatordelivery and customer service at office

Hello,

I'm filing a complaint about my services received today.

I've been tracking my package online, as I always do, but my package was not delivered. Not even a slip. Went to the office and received the worst service ever. This lady was working alone and obviously overwhelmed by the amount of work. I understand she was overwhelmed but this is the company's fault for not having another worker helping. Unfair for the customers to receive horrible service because lady doesn't like her job.

Hire another staff member to help this lady or hire someone who can handle the job so Thunder Bay can have decent customer service.

• Purolator's response · Feb 16, 2018

Hello Crystal,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I am very sorry for the service you received.

Would it be possible to email me the tracking number and the approximate time of your visit at the depot? I’ll report this directly to the local management team in order follow up with the agent and review the details as well.

Mike
                              Social Media Coordinator /Customer CareTeam

Purolatorrepeated failure to deliver

2/2/18 - I was notified that my package was to be delivered that day, I left work early in order to be home for the delivery. I waited, the delivery never showed up. I contacted Purolator, and was told an investigation would be opened and that I would be contacted about both what went wrong and when I would be able to expect this package.

2/5/18 - The first time that I hear from the customer service representative is to be told that the package is about to be delivered, this is around 10AM. I'm not home, since I was never notified that this would be the day for delivery, and as such I miss the driver. The driver does not leave a delivery slip, so even if I had the means to go and pick up this package, I wouldn't be able to. After repeated back and forth with the CSR, I finally got her to reschedule the delivery for Thursday, 2/8/18

2/7/18 - It snows, however all roads are plowed before 2/8/18

2/8/18 - This time my fiancee is the one who stays home waiting for this package. The tracking is updated to indicate the package is on the truck, however, yet again, the package does not show up.
                            2/8/18 - I contact Purolator again, and am told that they didn't deliver due to weather. That they will deliver tomorrow, but that they have no idea what time. I tell the CSR that it needs to be in the morning, since I can't keep taking days off of work to wait for a package that does not show up, and the CSR says that the best that I can do is to call in the morning and they will try to get in touch with the driver then.

2/9/18 - I call in the morning, and am told that the package isn't even on the truck, but that the delivery driver will call when it is. An hour later and still no information, I contact Purolator again, and again, no the package isn't on the truck, I have to wait until 10 to find out if they've even bothered to load it onto the truck. So I'm missing work, again, in order to wait for this delivery.

What I would like if for Purolator to 1 - actually deliver my package, or at least be honest about when they are going to bother to try and 2 - to never receive another Purolator package for the rest of my life.
                            I've been in contact with Amazon and will continue to update them, as this reflects poorly on them as well. Additionally, I'll be making sure that I personally never use Purolator again, and push for my work to avoid Purolator at all costs as well.

I honestly don't understand how this company is still in business, they are the absolute worst. I would pay thousands of dollars in shipping if it meant I never had to deal with Purolator again.

• Purolator's response · Feb 09, 2018

Hello Maureen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback your experience. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Would it be possible to email your tracking number to [email protected] so that we can follow up on this? Notices of delivery should be left if there is a secure location to do so, but please note that it is not needed to pickup a shipment. Only the tracking number and a piece of photo ID with address are required.

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolatorshipping

I was supposed to have my order be delivered as "same day shipping" called the company and they confirmed I would receive on Friday, which I did not. I called Purolator and they told me I'd have it on Monday, I did not. They mentioned that it went on the truck. Then today - Tuesday they tell me its been sent out when I called them at least three times to have it held because I cannot wait for them to waste my time. This package was needed for a project - I am a student. Disappointed and angry with how lazy and unprofessional they are. For more than three days the package had been on a truck and they didn't think of taking it off. Now I have to wait today, who knows if I actually get my package early enough.

• Purolator's response · Jan 30, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Would it be possible to email your tracking # to [email protected] so that we can look into the situation and assist in having this delivered as soon as possible?

Jeremie
                                  Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

• Updated by johndoey · Jan 30, 2018

I've already contacted someone to assist and found this, and their help to be unreliable. This is supposed to be same day shipping and I'd like my money back because I did not get the shipping that was promised - I still have not received my package and your services have wasted too much of my time. Next time take the package off the wrong truck if there is a sorting error instead of wasting two days leaving it in there and letting the truck leave without checking whether or not people wanted to pick up their package with regrets to shipping in the first place

Purolator Canadacourier service (or lack thereof)

All of a sudden there is a "Weather or Natural Disaster" issue in Langley today? I am really glad that Amazon has their own delivery service. It might be a bit harder to track but at least they are mostly reliable. Any time they use Purolator I just assume it will be late. Not only late but late due to some non existent made up excuse. Today is the 24th of Jan 2018 and my tracking indicates my package which was supposed to be delivered today will not be due to "Weather or natural disaster" issue. There is no bad weather between Langley and here and the only natural disaster was the possibility of a Tsunami hitting Vancouver island a couple of nights ago that never actually happened.

So once again Purolator has failed for no apparent reason other than they just can't get their crap together.

I really wish Amazon would just stop using them altogether or at least give us the option not to use them.

Carl

• Purolator's response · Jan 24, 2018

Hi Jc Tcom,

Thanks for your review. Our apologies for the delay. A lot of trailers and flights were indeed delayed due to the weather. For more details and ETA, please send the tracking number to [email protected] and we’ll look into this for you.

Thanks,