Having problems with Purolator?

Purolator reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 8, 2008. The latest review Driver behaviour was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint delivery service was resolved on Mar 15, 2021. Purolator has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 323 reviews. Purolator has resolved 233 complaints.

Purolator Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 744 7123 (Customer Service)
+1 800 561 7876 (TTY for the Hearing Impaired)
+1 800 459 5599 (Technical Support)
+1 888 302 8819 (Freight Customer Service)
5995 Avebury Road, Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada - L5R3T8

Purolator Complaints & Reviews

PurolatorDelivery Service (courier)

This package sat at a depot in Penticton for 2 weeks. I do not live it Penticton and I cannot pick up the package there. I made this very clear to the person at the depot in Penticton on December 29th. I specifically told them that I wanted the package delivered to my house and I made sure they had the correct address. 2 weeks later they still had not delivered it. Furthermore, I spoke with Melisa L on a Purolator chat line on January 10th. She told me the package would be delivered on the 11th. The package was not delivered and the tracking report said it was due to weather. This is the same excuse used 2 weeks earlier. The weather had been very mild for the last 2 weeks. On January 11th there was a temperature of -4 C and light snow. This can be confirmed by Environment Canada. The roads are plowed every day and have been very good. For Purolator to claim a delay due to weather, not once, but twice is nothing but a pure lie. In the end I told them to send it back. They never did deliver the package. How can such a company stay in business?

Delivery Service (courier)

• Purolator's response · Jan 12, 2018

Hello Foesmasher, thanks for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that we disappointed you. We'd like to verify what happened and report any service failures. Please send us the tracking number and details to [email protected]

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator

Purolatorshipment delayed

On Jan, 9th my package was delayed for 3 times. I was very upset about it. They always said that due to weather, that was the stupid reason. Tracking website is updated late. I also emailed them but I did not hear anything back. I'll never buy something online that ship thru Purolator again. Worst experience in my life. Online shop better to choose carrier like Canada Post or FedEx.

• Purolator's response · Jan 10, 2018

Hello Nguyentran,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

Would it be possible to email the tracking number and the details of the incident to [email protected]? I will review the details and follow up with you directly.

E-mail: [email protected]

Purolator — did not receive my package

On Dec 8th, 2017, I received a notice that Purolator tried to deliver a package. It now would be available...

London

Purolatorpackages not delivered

I am at a loss even as to what to write concerning my experience with Purolator. My father ordered Christmas presents shipped in several packages valued at over $1000. Purolator delivered them to the wrong address and is refusing to admit responsibility for their mistake. We have dealt with several "investigators" who have been rude and disrespectful. The claim was taken over by the company who shipped the items and they denied them as well. Purolator delivered all of our packages to the exact same address but on the wrong side of town! The tracking information shows that it was delivered to the wrong address, the people at that location say it was delivered there (it was apartments so they thought it was someone else's packages but saw them all there until they disappeared), the driver admitted to delivering it to the wrong address, and yet Purolator continues to deny any responsibility. It appears that as long as they deliver to any location, they are no longer responsible, even if it is the wrong location. I am so frustrated at the bullying by this company! And that was how we spent our Christmas vacation :( Shame on you Purolator.

• Purolator's response · Jan 08, 2018

Hello bub7569, I'm very sorry to hear what happened. If a shipment was delivered to the wrong address (address other than what is on the label) and we are unable to retrieve it, the shipper or receiver can file a claim. Please send the tracking number to [email protected], we'll verify this incident in details.

Catherine/ Social Media Coordinator

• Updated by bub7569 · Jan 08, 2018

Thank you Catherine that is great of you to say however the shipper did file a claim which was denied. We also filed a claim which was denied. I would be more than happy to send tracking numbers to customer care however they have already looked into the tracking - which clearly indicates that the packages were delivered to the wrong address - and they still deny responsibility. It appears that they feel that as long as they delivered packages somewhere, wherever that may be, that they are no longer responsible, and we are still out both Christmas presents and the cost of all of it. I was treated so badly by the "investigator" that I dealt with. I truly felt that she believed that if she was rude enough, I would give up and go away. Is this what I will encounter with customer care? I will never ever use Purolator to ship anything!!!

Purolator — shipping

Anyone who deals with a depo, who still uses a paper/manual waybill, may want to read this posting!! If you...

Black Diamond

Purolatorpurolator lost my item

The worst service ever! I had my other packages left outside the house without any notice even though it needs to have a signature. My last item, they lost it, i created a case number, it's even escalated to their supervisor. They cannot seem to find my item so they declared it closed ticket! They don't even have the nerve to say what happened or compensate on it. I'm sure they stole it ans says it's gone.

Now I do have a phone that's supposed to be delivered today. My tracking says it's on the vehicle for delivery at 7:59am today, it's almost 1pm and still nothing! Seriously, the truck or vehicle left their Toronto office, how difficult it will be to reach my place within Toronto?

Now I am afraid they they will steal my item again! Superior bad service!

• Purolator's response · Dec 18, 2017

Hello Micsmile, thanks for taking the time to share this review. I’m very sorry to hear that you’ve had some negative experiences with us.

If you need help with the delivery of your phone, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Catherine/ Customer Care/ Social Media Coordinator

• Updated by Micsmile · Dec 18, 2017

Hi, for your information, i’ve already called your customer service a while ago. The supervisor Jeffrey told me that he will contact the delivery guy to know where my item is. I kept asking CS if there’s a way for them to contact the delivery guy and both agents Ken G (from live chat) and another sarcastic attitude CS i talked to over the phone said no way for them to do that so I asked for supervisor.

Now Jeffrey said it is possible cuz he is a supervisor?! Seriously disappointed by the by other support representatives. Now, my only hope is Jeffrey for my item to be delivered.

Purolatorthey don't deliver, they ask customers to pick it up from their location

I have an order from Scotia bank Reward. It is almost 3 months and i still didn't receive it because Scotia bank is using Purolator for shipping services. Purolator doesn't deliver, they ask the receiver to go and pick the package up from their location. I work from home and i will not waste my time and go to their location. So if you don't pick it up, they return it to the sender. Delivery means to recieve it at home, not to go pick it up. I told Scotia bank i will keep calling them and ask them to ship the item again and again until i receive it at my home. And i told them i will keep calling them and waste their time and mine until they ship the item with a professional company.

• Purolator's response · Dec 15, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Would it be possible to email your address and latest tracking number to [email protected] so that we can look into the situation?

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

www.Purolator.com

Purolator — christmas present nightmare now home delivery nightmare

Late deliveries all the time. Christmas present ordered through Amazon for my sister in Ottawa was delivered...

Ottawa

Purolatordelivery service

Bought a product from best buy, they told me they will deliver it to my home. Don't know why they chose purolator... The worst service that I have ever got... This is the third time they gave me tracking number/ ref number .. every time they are creating new excuses for failing delivery...

My Initial tracking number : [protected]
            Then got a reference number # 6505802 after taking with customer number. But this time they also failed to deliver and gave a new reference/tracking number # 6541374

• Purolator's response · Dec 11, 2017

Hi Anik,

Thanks for the review. I’m very sorry to hear that you’re having a hard time getting your shipment.

The tracing specialist assigned to your case is actively working with the local depot to make sure that you receive it as soon as possible. You’ll also be contacted with any updates, directly.

Regards,

Catherine
                Care Team/ Coordinator - Social Media
                [email protected]

Purolator — delivery of one parcel

The parcel was picked up on november 30, 2017. It says it arrived to my city on december 2, 2017. Then, even...

Edmonton

Purolatornightmare trying to receive a package from purolator

My package was in Ottawa on the 29 November, but then was handed off by Purolator to a subcontractor to make the delivery (Purolator told me this). The handoff took days to complete and the delivery was attempted on the 3 December. However, the courier only put the tag on the door. They did not ring the bell of my house and I found out about the attempt when I received an email from Purolator. I then emailed Purolator to complain about this. The Purolator website says I will receive an email response in 2 days. This never happened.

What did happen was that after I rearranged my schedule to go all the way out to the Purolator depot to get the package, they rescheduled the delivery. I never requested this and I found out about it again by email. I contacted Purolator imminently and complained on the phone and asked the representative to keep the box at the depot. They told me that this was not possible and therefore, I could not pick it up. I asked who requested the redelivery and they could not tell me. I sent off another complaint to Purolator. No response.

A delivery was then attempted two days later even though I told Purolator I would not be home. Now I am waiting to go pick up the package from the depot. The item arrived too late and I now need to return it at my expense to the shipper.

Purolator is horrible to begin with. Now they are using subcontractors which makes it worse. Never deal with this company.

• Purolator's response · Dec 06, 2017

Hi Jeff223343,

I’m very sorry to hear that this turned out to be a negative experience. Please accept our sincere apologies.

If you could please send the tracking number to [email protected], we’ll follow up with local management.

Catherine Customer Care Team/ Coordinator - Social Media

Purolatordelivery

As per tracking information, truck left at 1217 and returned at 1733 at the depot. That was not even trying to attempt a delivery between 8am and 8pm.

I was promised a next day delivery by noon to compensate.

Next day: tracking shows that it is available for pick up. At 0805am I contact Purolator, but there's nothing they an do and will be deliver the next day. That's 2 days late with no customer service to really help.

Let's hope I do get delivered today, I can't afford to book another day of work to get important parcels delivered.

• Purolator's response · Dec 06, 2017

Hi Jesse69,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

Would it be possible to email me your tracking number to [email protected]? We’ll review the details and follow up with you as soon as possible.

E-mail: [email protected] / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp

Purolatorfalse delivery attempt/ no way to get to the office

The package was said to be delivered on Nov.29.The next day I went to the local office to pick up, I was told to come back after 15:00at the counter. When I asked the phone number so I could confirm that the package was ready before coming back.They told me not to phone them, for they were too busy to answer any phones.
                  Just after that the tracking detail was updated, saying the incorrect address.But the address IS correct.So this morning I made a phone call to the support center to say the address was indeed the correct address. Still after 5 hours the tracking says the address is incorrect. Without calling the local office on Douglas Rd, how can I know if the package is ready? How many more days do they need to move my package from the back storage to the front counter? By the way the driver had't called me nor left any notice, I know this from my phone record.I have received the mail from the sender so I found the package had been delivered unsuccessfully.I do know the driver did NOT ring the door bell nor my phone, for a door bell is connected to my phone . According to the call history I did NOT receive any calls.I don't care whether they are busy or not, my package has been staying in their back storage for 4 days.

• Purolator's response · Dec 04, 2017

Hello chibi ito,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry for any inconvenience stemming from this situation.

Would it be possible to email me your tracking number to [email protected]? I will review and follow up with you directly.

E-mail: [email protected]

Purolator — false delivery attempt information

I was expecting a shipment from Telus on last Monday, the 27th November2017(as per Purolator website) through...

Edmonton

Purolatordelivery services

Very very frustrating experience.
                    I wish I could give them a negative 5.
                    I have a shipment that was delivered and as i wasn't home they dropped it off at another town 15km away. Whats the point of using delivery services if i have to commute for hours just for a pick up!!!

They definitely need to have more pick up locations, I don't know how they are still in business

1. I called the agents and they explained to me how zones works, bottom line I have to travel for 2 hours to way to pick up my package

2. I tried to use the live chat and the agent changed the pick up location to close to my house

3. I get a call from the current pick-up location in scarborough saying I cant change the pick up without being charged.

This is beyond ridiculous, I cant believe that I have to commute for 2 hours each way to pick up something that can be dropped off at a location closer to me.
                    I get a lot of stuff delivered home and my experience has not been as bad as this ever.

Now I will be paying 30$ for changing the pick up location closer to the delivery address.

RESOLVED

Mike the customer service agent waived the fee for the transfer to pick up from a closer location. So instead of commuting 2 hours I picked up the item from 10 min distance location. Wish this service was free by default.

• Purolator's response · Nov 28, 2017

Hi Nisha,

I am very sorry again for the inconvenience and the frustration this situation has caused.

I also received your email and I will be following up with you directly as per our previous conversation.

E-mail: [email protected] / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp

Purolatordelivery personnel leaving door open

The delivery personnel that dropped off the package to my house from amazon, had opened my door and left it open. This is a secondary storm door that had been thrashing in the wind for 2 hours before anyone was able to come and close it. As well he remained in front of my house while it continually swung back and forth causing more damage. It will no longer close as the metal is bent and the door is irreparably damaged. This needs to be remedied as we need to have that door in place. I will be following up with phone calls tomorrow as this needs to be remedied. Thank you

• Purolator's response · Nov 27, 2017

Hi Lindsey,

As per our previous discussion this evening, I have sent this to the local management team and the unit manager will be following up with you.

I’m very sorry again for the damages that have occurred.

Purolatordelivery

Stay away from this nightmare of a company. I have had nothing but frustration in dealing with them.
                        So on the first day of expected package delivery I waited around all day only to get an e-mail from them saying it was too heavy for delivery and that I had to set up a specific time for delivery. Which I did, for the next morning. Not only did it not come during the agreed upon time, but it didn't arrive all day. I phoned again, and spoke to their call centre in N.B., they had zero clue as to why it did not arrive, why they did not honour their appointment, or when I could expect my package. Utterly useless.
                        So now its day 3 of expected delivery and I still know nothing, and no package. As far as I'm concerned they can send the package back, and the whole lot of them can go to hell for wasting my time.

• Purolator's response · Nov 24, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am very sorry for the inconveniences.

Would it be possible to email me your tracking number and details of the incident to [email protected]? I will review and follow up with you directly.

• Updated by Purolatorsucks · Nov 24, 2017

That must be a standard Purolator response.
                            When I e-mailed them the details they responded with more blah blah blah, your file has been elevated crap.
                            A package goes missing, and they treat it with all the urgency of a snail race. It is now past noon on day 3 and still no one from Purolator can figure out what is going on, where my package is, when it will be delivered, or explain to me the [censor] they call a delivery service.
                            These people do not even have enough class to be embarrassed by their unbelievable incompetence.
                            At this point I really wish they would send my package back to Best Buy, where I will get a refund. And in the future I will know to avoid online shopping at Best Buy, and avoid Purolator like the bloody plaque.

Purolatordelivery problems

I placed an order with a company in B.C. as I have done on several occasions in the past. Purolator was behind in updating their delivery status, and I didn't expect the package. The next morning it arrived while I was still sleeping, so a notice was left. When I called to try to have the package delivered again, the agent said I would have to wait 4 days! First of all, you have to be available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for a delivery, so you have to stick around the house all day! Then if you miss it, you may have to wait several days! May as well use Canada Post with a 2-5 day delivery schedule and you can pick the package up at your local pharmacy at your own convenience. Canada Post for me in the future!

• Purolator's response · Oct 20, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this incident may have caused.

If possible, please email your tracking number to [email protected] and we will look into the situation.

Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

www.Purolator.com

Purolatordriver.

The trucks information is;
                            ISO 9001:2008
                            License plate: AE-17676
                            # at top right corner of the back oc the truck: [protected]

Incident happened on Queenston road, Hamilton ON, between Centennial Parkway and the Redhill Valley Parkway exits at 12:30PM, today, Thursday October 19th 2017.

The driver was very aggressive and also drove in a manner that put people at risk.
                            We approached a lane closure/merge in the road as there is construction. As I tried to merge over infront of him the driver aggressively accelerated in such a manner as to not allow me to merge infront of him when I had no where else to go. Almost driving up and over the sidewalk and driving into my vehicle. After I managed to merge in front of him regardless of his behaviour, he then drove up next to me after the lane opened back, to my left, which is the centre lane for left and right turning vehicles, and began verbally attacking me, claiming that I hit his vehicle and that he has my license plate om his dash video and demanding I pull over, all while drive illegally and dangerously up next to me. I continued to drive my vehicle and advised him that I would be contacting his company.

I wish for this individual to be terminated from working within Purolator as this is no behaviour for somebody to be driving while on company time and causes your company to be seen in harsh lighting. There is a certain driving eduquette that i expected your dricers to uphold. I'm extremely upset about this incident and if nothing is done from your level of command, further action will be taken. Thank you.

• Purolator's response · Oct 19, 2017

Hi AshaD-R,

Thanks for bringing this incident to our attention. We’re very sorry for any concern or frustration this may have caused.

Please rest assured that we take safety concerns very seriously, whether it’s regarding a driver on the road, or a staff member in a depot. I’ve sent the details to the local management team to review and follow up on.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Catherine
                                [email protected]

Purolator — horrendous customer service

I'm not known for leaving reviews but their service is actually the worst. First of all, you have to wait...

Thunder Bay