Menu
Purolator
reviews & complaints

Purolator
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

421 complaints
300 resolved 121 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Purolator customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Purolator. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
12:15 pm EDT
Purolator has left an official reply on this complaint.

Purolator - Deliveries to Sicamous B.C.

puralator is chargeing for deliveries to sicamous b.C. But has a driver who refuses to make deliveries he says he is not paid enough to do so. I have a small buisness and receive deliveries to my address by multiple companies on a regular basis. Puralator is the only company that does not deliver to me and i have to drive 64 kilometers to retrieve un delivered orders. The puralator driver makes selected deliveries to sicamous. Puralator charges for deliveries to sicamous but does not do what they are chargeing for and forces companies to drive to salmon arm to retreive deliveries they have not made.

I have been doing buisness with puralator for many years at multiple adresses and have been happy with service. Now i am haveing to request companies do not ship puralator to me or my company. I have many international shipments.

Desired outcome: PURALATOR MAKE THE DELIVERIES THEY ARE CHARGEING FOR OR RECOMEND A DIFERENT CARRIER TO CUSTOMERS SHIPPING TO SICAMOUS B.C.

M
12:53 pm EDT

Purolator - Package Not Delivered

I have never had any problems receiving items from this merchant via Canada Post. The second my shipment is routed to Purolator: disaster.

They took a photo of the package "delivered" -- a door that is plainly NOT mine, NO unit number indicated. Still, they are claiming that they delivered it -- delivered where? I can see it for sure isn't my apartment. No attempt to follow any instructions.

When I called in for assistance, they told me the delivery agent was new and that he didn't even make it onto my floor according to the GPS. They sent it to investigations and told me I would hear within 24 hours. 3 days later I hear back "nothing yet." It took one week to hear from the original trace agent, Mary LeBlanc, and when she finally got back to me it was to close my case without ever having asked me for information or communicated with me at all. How do you know anything about my case to close it?

Horrible service.

Desired outcome: I would like to escalate this and speak to someone from Client Care. I'd like to know more on why packages from the same merchant get routed to both Canada Post & Purolator -- I intend to avidly, avidly avoid Purolator wherever possible.

K
11:37 am EDT

Purolator - Customer Service

Hey there,

We have a large account with Purolator.

We have had numerous problems with customer service over the past few months, most of which have gone unresolved with questions unanswered.

I've just gotten of the phone with a customer service representative named Barry- Barry would not divulge any more information about himself to properly identify him as an employee. Barry refused to provide an employee ID number when asked, however stated that he had been with the company for 19 years.

I would think with 19 years of experience Barry would have much better phone etiquette. This was not the case, Barry was rude and unhelpful. Perhaps Barry needs a refresher on how to appropriately speak to customers, or maybe its time for him to retire.

Desired outcome: Re-training Retire

7:52 pm EDT

Purolator - Delivery Service

I have been using Purolator for client paperwork for the past 4 years. My clients have automatic pick up scheduled every Tuesday and the packages are delivered to me on Thursday. I am paying for 2 day delivery. NOW, packages are taking anywhere from 3 to 10 business days, usually landing in the 7-10 day range. Also, more often than not, the packages are coming damaged, dirty and/or torn. Purolator is still charging me for 2 day delivery and offering all kinds of excuses including that they no longer guarantee delivery at all in BC on manual way bills - that were computer generated/printed by Purolator themselves - yet continue to charge for 2 day delivery with no discounting for complete loss of service and guarantees. How is this even legal?

Desired outcome: Either get back to the delivery schedule they are charging me for or lower the rates to reflect 10 day, non-guaranteed delivery.

Update by Brenda497
Mar 23, 2022 5:15 pm EDT

Pick any tracking number from my account. There are dozens to pick from.

8:29 pm EDT

Purolator - False information by the delivery driver

On March 16 2022 I received an e-mail from Purolator stating that the driver had unsuccessfuly attempted to deliver a package to my home at 50 Summerlea in St-Zotique at 13:50 hours. The driver stated that no one was home and that he had left a notice to pick up the item at Vaudreuil Quebec. This was totally untrue as I spent all afternoon outside removing Xmas decorations.No notice was left on that day. On March 17, I drove 45 minutes to Vaudreuil to pick up the item and referred my issue with the receptionist there at that time. On March 18 a notice was attached to my mail box . The notice was dated March 16 at 13:50 hrs. This notice was now 2 days old not excluding that the item in question was already picked up by myself on March 17..

Not only did the driver provide false information but I also had to drive 45 minutes to pick up my item when gasoline is at $2.00 per liter not excluding that I already paid shipping costs to Purolator

p.s shipping # was 333426316167 route / 827

Desired outcome: please at least refund my shipping costs and please talk to the driver in question as this is not the first time this happens. Other neighbours have also had the same experience514-772-0327

4:51 pm EST

Purolator - Purolator gave away/ stole my $1300 Dell Computer

I received a notice on my door from Pulolator saying my package (A Dell desktop computer) was available for pick up. I was told I would need Valid government issued ID. Or I would not be able to pick it up. I went to pick it up and was told by the lady working there that she had already given my package to someone who DID NOT have valid government issued ID. Her claim was that someone had come there with my reference number and showed her a picture on his phone of a license that had my name and address and his picture (likely a photo- shopped license that anyone can make) .. this is NOT Valid ID so why would she give it to this person?. I was told I could only get this item if I had ID which I do. But her claim is she gave it to someone who didn't have the paper notice that was left on my door. And didn't have ID. Now Purolator refuses to help me or take responsibility. Meanwhile I'm out $1300.. what a joke!

1 comment
M
Mar 12, 2022 5:09 pm EST

Frustrating to be sure.

Simply disputing the charge and having it reversed will place the issue back to the seller and shipper.

R
1:10 pm EST

Purolator - Order tracking and delivery

I had purchased a very expensive monitor for my work from home setup through Amazon and the item was shipped using Purolator's services.

The initial date of delivery was the 24th of Feb. This kept on being moved and no update was sent to me on why this was happening.

Upon checking on the tracking status; all I see now is that the parcel has been delayed due to "Natural disaster in your area". I've been living here for the last 15 years and one would think that they would know of any "Natural disasters" in their area or country.

Anyways, after calling their phone support on a daily basis one agent admitted to the parcel having arrived at a depot which is around 1:15hrs from the delivery address however it has not been sorted and should be on a truck soon.

This soon has transpired into a week and still no updates. Again upon repeated calls they open a special investigation. I get one correspondence from the person assigned that they are looking into this and will provide an update as and when available. Again no commitments to a timeline.

Days pass by and I keep at it with calling support and all they have to say is the package is not lost (atleast from what they know as of now); however they do not know where it is and will get in touch once they find it. Still not dates that they would commit or no courtesy calls to the customer updating them of any progress. Their answer is to just wait endlessly.

Amazon support basically said its with the courier and they cannot do much with their delay.

In this entire conversation they have denied my request to have a contact number or email of a manager or person of more authority to raise my concerns with. All they say is the investigating person will get back which clearly has not happened and I doubt ever will.

Purolator, being one of the most recognized names in this industry; i am truly shocked by their lack of accountability and extremely poor customer service. As a customer they have closed all doors for me and left me at their mercy for receiving a product I spent more than $1500 for and cannot use for my work. By far the most pathetic service I've ever encountered from any service oriented business.

8:57 am EST

Purolator - Purolator

We have been waiting for a package that was supposed to be delivered on the 3rd of march, it is now the 8th of march, information received notifies that it is held up due to weather conditions, the weather has been fine for the past 3 days, so no real excuse, tracking number is dcm018872866. Purolator 5 Industry Ave

B5A 4B6 Yarmouth

Nova Scotia - Canada

not happy or satisfied JT.

1 comment
Mar 08, 2022 1:52 pm EST

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME TO! in fall river, package made it to halifax from pickering in less than 18 hours .. and now delayed due to what.. a cloud in the sky?

I was also told they could not hold it at the depot today because it was not scanned for delivery .. even though they can confirm it is there?

the virtual chat assistant agent - Lori C also ended the chat without providing me a measure for making a complaint

A
1:18 pm EST

Purolator - Delivery / Communication

I have a tracking number. I had two packages that were being delivered. One was delivered with NO ISSUE to the address provided. The other package, i kept having to check online and received ZERO updates to the number or email i provided. I had to do an address change X3. I was getting my package sent to a purolator business in my town. They got the address change. Three days go bye and once again... ONLINE i checked and it states address needs to be updated again cannot be delivered. On hold no one answers, i use the chat online and the individual states she is unable to track anything and to check back tomorrow. Then comes back and states oh yes you need an address change, YES I KNOW FOR THE 4TH TIME. In the end i have to drive 45 min to go pick up my package becuase now im being told they cannot deliver it to their own companies purolator business. The package is heavy so they need two people to deliver it. That is not my issue, or if that is the case maybe inform me or keep me informed instead of zero communication.

Worst experience ever and I have never waisted my time leaving reviews

Desired outcome: I am having to drive to pick up my own package, communicate with myself about where my package is and why its not being delivered. Reimburse my travel i should have just picked up from the business instead of going through Purolator.

8:57 pm EST

Purolator - Deliveries

I have a company run from my home acreage in Sicamous B.C. the Puralator driver makes limited business deliveries in Sicamous but will not deliver to me. He stated to me that he is not paid enough to deliver them all, even though he delivers to an address down the road from me. Companies shipping to me are charged for deliveries to Sicamous but I have to drive to Salmon Arm to pick up shipments to me and my company. That is a 64 Km round trip drive for me.

Desired outcome: Puralator to make deliveries to the towns they are charging for delivery to.

10:50 pm EST

Purolator - Delivery driver

Worst service ever I received in my life. He appeared impaired on some drugs or is mental case naturally. Refused to give me my package even I told him who I was. He asked for signature and was running away from me with my package and he never let me signed it. His explanations and way how he talked to me were at level of insanity. Somehow, I got my package from him. Never send that guy to deliver anything to me again please, because I feel worried about my safety. He is ruining clearly reputation of Purolator. Tracking ID AVY005066035

Desired outcome: Please i do not want to see his face ever again my life

6:36 pm EST
Purolator has left an official reply on this complaint.

Purolator - Driver - rude!

I am a taxi driver, was parked at Penner Farm Services, Lacombe Ab.
4pm, Tuesday Jan 25th.
Parked in front of bay door, waiting to pick up a customer. A Purolator truck pulls up behind me, lays on the horn, and throws up her arms. So I move my van. She pulls in, basically staring me down.
License plate # was U-86303.
That was so not called for, very rude.

Desired outcome: Maybe her supervisor can tell her to have some sort of manners, and customer service.

12:36 pm EST

Purolator - Purolator Online Chat

I was using the online chat to speak to an agent regarding an unclaimed package that was being returned to the office that I work at. I was connected with a person by the name of Marie S.
She did not understand my question and gave my answers that I already knew. She seemed uninterested and was getting very short with me when I needed clarification. She replied to a message that I sent and as I was typing, she disconnected us "due to inactivity" when I was clearly typing. There was no "Can I help you with anything else" or a closing sentence such as "Have a nice day". That to me is very lazy and unprofessional customer service. Please give that lady a coffee or something or hire someone else who's priority is to respect and help customers. I'll be rating Marie S customer service a 1/5.

A
8:49 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have so far over a dozen correspondence to C/S with tracking # asking when my package will arrive since they claim 2 or 3 different excuses from weather delay, covid safety issues or the best one that I am not providing tracking # (even when there is a thread of emails all with tracking#). All I am trying to find out is when and where my package is but...

G
10:49 am EST

Purolator - Delivery

Waited all day phoned purolator twice talked to them said I be only ther till 6 operator pages driver driver call me 2 hours later says he attempted delivery band on the door? Bull shit payed 50 bucks to hav this delivered so I checked my security cams driver entered complex didn't enemy stop came in turned around and left then I get a attempted delivery notice wtf c video don't bull shit me purolator! Always shitty service with driver c vid purolator

Desired outcome: Shipping cost refunded

R
9:27 am EST

Case #16446341/tracking number JWV002625419
The absolute disappointment in your organization can't be put in words but it I will find them when talking to my network of people. The reach may be surprisingly large as my girlfriends online social media presensce is substantial.
I was lied to, told I would be reached out just to appease my queries into my package. This package was way more than a package. It contained a twin bed for my son. A son that I fought for a year to get to spend his weekend with me due to legal battles with his mon. It was our first weekend together. The only parameter to his visit was that he had his own room and own bed. So I ordered said bed a month out. The package was in Barrie on January 13th. It sat in the sort facility for over a week, yes handing my ex wife the ability to deny the stayover. She did. The tragic part is that I offered to pick it up as Barrie is a small City, to deaf ears.
I just want to add my experience with Purolator was horrible. I understand you are a large corporation and this complaint is falling on deaf ears but at every chance I have, I will slam Purolator. Just a reminder of how important your one and only service is, a package is not always just a package.

Robert Cikoja

Desired outcome: Retraining of employees to fulfill committments. I was lied to on all occassions about updates or callbacks. Assurances were given, listen to the recorded audio. Retrain them to not lie.

V
3:53 pm EST

Purolator - Document routed to wrong place

Document was picked from BLS international Vainer ottawa, as it was a prepaid service . It was supposed to be delivered to me in Stittsville, Ottawa.

After pickup, the package got routed to Montreal sort facility and after a day there is no update. Opened a case for tracing but still i am not getting any answer .

This is a visa for india and I need to travel in a week. This was the least expected to happen . I am really disappointed how can one be so careless putting the package in to Montreal route when its picked and supposed to be delivered in same city

4:38 pm EST

Purolator - Customer service

The amount of hurdles and generic apology messages to try and get any resolution from the customer service department is staggering. Once in contact you may as well be talking to a wall. There is clearly no management or any control within this company. I would question their leadership and governing boards competency without hesitation. The issue in question is a 2 lb parcel that has been 7 days in limbo between Toronto and Thunder Bay, fourteen hours by truck, now showing in Thunder Bay and no where to be found in the warehouse. I'd be embarrassed if I had the title CEO in this company, the service provided is a direct result of the companies leadership. Shame on you

Desired outcome: My parcel handed to me today

3:51 pm EST

Purolator - Delivery

I have a package that was supposed to be delivered last Friday, the driver did not even stop at my home or buzz my apartment, I was home and waiting for the package the entire day. I contacted Purolator immediately after the tracking updating to ‘received unavailable', as I was available, the driver did not come to my place. I requested redelivery and was advised it would be delivered Tuesday. Since Friday the package has just said ‘ Available for pickup for 5 business days from arrival date at the counter.' This is all it has said every day, despite my request for redelivery. I would be happy to pick it up but they took the package to a place that's a 30 minute drive from me! There are a dozen places within 10 minutes of my location, I can not get out to somewhere half an hour away from me. I have contacted Purolator three times and been told ‘the request is in process but there's a delay at that location so the request can take 3 days or more'. When I asked if the package would be returned if I didn't pick it up before the 5 days, if the request wasn't processed by then, the best answer I got was ‘not necessarily'. That is absolutely no help and I am furious with this complete lack of competence. I will never use this horrible company that has you wait on hold for 37 minutes only to say ‘well it should be delivered, it won't necessarily be returned'. Absolutely the worst service I've ever received from any shipping company ever.

Desired outcome: Deliver my package

View 0 more photos

S
2:23 pm EST

Purolator - Lost package refund

You lost my package and will only cover $100 when I clearly showed that it was valued over that. All staff keep handing me off to another for trying to deal with this. This package was time sensitive and had medication that had to be delivered via a plane to the ice roads. Because of this getting lost not only are we out all the money I spent on the items but now my wife is no longer able to produce milk for our 4 month old son and this is putting a major toll on her mental health. The other medication that was in the package could have helped with this issue as well but again it's lost.

Desired outcome: Compensation for all the loss and damage this has done

Update by Shawn Bursey
Jan 18, 2022 7:20 pm EST

why cant I see what they posted

Purolator contacts