Publixbullying

B

My friend's daughter just got a job at the Publix where I used to work. I was so horribly bullied by my manager and other employees that I transferred to another store. I receive less bullying at the new store which is only done to me by an assistant manager and one employee. At first I thought, oh it must be because I am overly sensitive. But I found out that her daughter was so bullied and terrorized during her first week of work in the Deli that she was coming home crying and depressed. She was so humiliated and degraded that she couldn't face the store management to resign so she just did a no show no call. I told her to stay and stick it out and eventually someone else would come along and the bullying would be shifted to another employee but she just couldn't emotionally hang in there. I have never been so humiliated and degraded as working for a company the likes of Publix. Is there a discrimination, hostile work environment, abusive language, harrassment and/or sexual harassment law suit out there? Let me know. I've got enough evidence on record and admitted to by the guilty employees in my file to prove it all.

• Lu
    Luban Apr 04, 2018

I am a customer of publix and have been since 1978.. 2 days ago, î was in a 10 item or less checkout, as all other checkouts had lines.. I am now a senior citizen, and frankly was tired after running errands prior to stopping at publix.. I intended to pick up a few things, but actually purchased about 17 items, ; bottom line is this man followed me in the quick checkout, and as î was putting my items on counter, he came over to my cart and started counting my items.. I asked him what he was doing, he then began a verbal tirade against me, hurling insulting remarks about my physical appearance over and over again.. i was stunned, as well as other people witnessing this scene, including the cashier, who was trying to check me out asap, which she did... it was humiliating, embarrassing, etc.. i certainly don't blame the store for the actions of this person, and î admit i was wrong to be in the quick checkout line.. but, î truly didn't realize how much over i was until then.. normally î would have told someone behind me with just a few items to go before me, but everything happened so fast i was nearly checked out anyway.. to make matters worse, this person then followed me out from the store and continued hurling insults!! Actually, the man must be a very unhappy, miserable being, if not mentally deranged..i was fearful he might follow me in his vehicle.. terrible experience

James Pointdexter May 24, 2014

Bullying is something that happens when you work in the store with poor management . I work at store #77 . My assistant bullying all my co-workers, humiliate all of us and stab behind back each one of us . You can be a good worker or honest, they don't really care . All they care is you accept anything from them even they lies, cheats ... you still have to accept .

Publix used to be good company to work for but not anymore, is the company have only rules for dishonest, no moral people to work with . You will be isolate from being hard worker and truthful person . It only getting bad to worst . I see my manager, assistant manager lies straight in your face, twist her words in your mouth . She is not even professional and keep running her mouth that D.M. said that she do good job ... GOOD JOB bullying your people ? Sad, isn't ?

• Un
    Unkonown Jan 31, 2013

I worked for Publix for 16 years and it was very hard and stressful work.I was the best at my job in all aspects.Publix store's can be clickish.Sometimes it doesn't matter if you are a good worker, if you are not excepted by the group then they can make you feel uncomfortable to push you to quit .I am not gonna go into detail about me, because the whole thing still bothers me about how I was treated at the store I worked at.All of my grief with Publix started when I was on vacation and I was seen outside a gay bar by a Publix employee.Well after that, the gossip spread not only in the store I worked but to other Publix stores.Jokes and harrassment started up by people that I thought were my friends.My personal life was now out in the open and people looked at me different and treated me different.It didn't matter how good I worked or how I never called in sick or how long I been with Publix.It only mattered that I was different now and considered and out cast and open to jokes and harrassment.

• Ba
    BakeryGal Feb 17, 2012

Here we go again. Another day being bullied at Publix as one of their better employees. How many years does this bullying have to continue, I know not. The other day a customer came to pick up her cake. I greeted her and got her name. I knew the cake decorator for the day was in a bad mood (which is most of the time) and was already angry at me (for what I do not know). So I go over to the decorator and she says "What do you want?" I tell her nicely that I have a customer wanting a cake and tell her the name. She is standing in front of three small refrigerators with her hands on her hips and says, "it's in one of these three refrigerators". She will not move. The customer is waiting. I decided to gingerly move around her to door number 1. I dare not try door number 2 because she looked too angry like she would hit me, so after not finding it behind door 1, I moved to door 3 and thank God, it was there. I think she would have hit me if I had to ask her to move away from door 2. This goes on every day in our bakery. I am soooooo tired of being bullied by employees and managers. It's been almost 4 years and it never seems to change.