Publix Milksour milk!

A

I bought milk which has gone bad before exp. date. It happened three times. From now on I will never buy milk at Publix...

• De
    DealWithReality Jan 05, 2008

My Publix milk from the same store lasts well past the expiration date. You need to look at how long you and your family are letting it sit out and probably need to check your refrigerator.

mary Jan 29, 2008

People also order cakes from Publix, and say they are unhappy with the cake. The manager gives the cake away or refunds their money. Guess what, they are back again to order another cake knowing if they complain; they will get their money back again. Publix is stupid and losing a lot money!

• Be
    Ben01 Mar 13, 2009

I agree with this complaint. I even filed a complaint with the customer service, but they said it was the first time they heard any complaint about their milk. I have experienced this problem more than three times and I am gonna stop buying their milk.

• Tv
    TVanS Mar 26, 2019

I have been trying to find a store that you can purchase milk from that doesn't sour after opening it within 2 to 3 days. I have always bought it from Publix, Walmart or Sams club for over 30 years. Now, I can't get a gallon of milk from these places without it going bad instantly. I googled and found I am not the only one complaining. When I take it back and ask the store mgr. if others are complaining and I am told NO. I am sure that is incorrect. I refrig. is on 34 degrees so that's not it and we never leave our milk out. Someone needs to do something about this. My research says it is contamination at the processing plant if this is happening. Where do I go from here?????

• Mi
    MichelleM123 Sep 18, 2019

I have had 4 gallons go bad 5-7 days prior to the container date. Our refrigerator is at the coldest setting as we like our beverages ice cold. Publix has let me exchange the milk, but it's a pain to drive 16 miles round trip to return sour milk.

• Mi
    MichelleM123 Sep 29, 2019

After returning sour milk for the 4th time, I asked to speak with a manager. He claimed he was not aware of any milk issues with Publix milk. He did say he had a complaint about another brand going bad. He then proceeded to make excuses / blame me for this happening. At no time did he ever even apologize!! I am done with buying Publix milk!

• Pa
    paperback reader Dec 14, 2019

We just had a new Publix open near us. I was very excited as I had heard such good things about Publix customer service and quality. This morning was the 2nd time in 2 months that I had a problem with their milk. The first time, we opened it, drank a bit and said "This tastes weird". We threw it out because we thought maybe we just got a funny batch where the cows had eaten something different. Husband bought a new gallon last night and brought it home. Today is 12-14-19 and this milk has an exp date of 12-25-19. I poured a glass and took several big swallows. All at once, I spit the last one out in the sink. It tasted on the verge of spoiled. It even had a funny odor.
    We were Kroger shoppers before and overall, were not pleased with Kroger's customer service and gladly switched to Publix. However, I never had an issue with Kroger milk in 30 yrs. I do notice that Kroger milk was kept and the coolers loaded from a refrigerated room where Publix milk is in coolers that have to be loaded from the aisle. I suspect the milk is being left on pallets too long.
    I'm not buying milk products from Publix anymore. Two times in one month when I had never had a problem in 30 yrs at another store is unacceptable.
    I checked "Where is My Milk From" and notice that Publix milk is from Lawrenceville, GA. I am in Tennessee. It is worth it to me to pay more and buy my milk at my local natural foods store where I get local milk from my area and it is delish. This could also be a result of milk having to travel so far. I will write Publix and explain why I can't buy their milk anymore.