Having problems with Pick n Pay?

Pick n Pay Customer Service Contacts

+27 800 112 288 (Customer Care)
+27 860 303 030 (Online Shopping Help)
101 Rosmead Avenue, Kenilworth
Thu8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Pick n Pay Customer Service. Initial Pick n Pay complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Pick n Pay above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Pick n Pay. Discuss the issues you have had with Pick n Pay and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Pick n Pay Complaints & Reviews

Pick n PayCashback facility.

I visited PnP at Shelly Centre and was assisted by Phindile. The queues were long and I was there to do a cashback. When it was finally my turn I asked Phindile for the cashback amount and she said she didn't have R50 notes so I suggested I go to another till so I said "after such a long wait I must go and start another long queue" then she said I should have asked if she had the money before standing in the queue of which I enquired if that is PnP policy and she said yes. I must have asked her more than 3 times if PnP actually expects a customer to enquire about cashback before standing in a queue. I was expecting the lady to be the one to assist me with a till that could assist seeing that I had already waited in the queue. I ended up withdrawing R50 more than I needed to as a result. Can you please set me straight regarding your policy to enquire before standing in a queue to withdraw at the till, is it so? Veliswa Ngcingwana [protected].

Pick n PayMilk and Meat Off

Hi

On 3 occasions over the last 2 weeks I have bought milk 2l *x2 and ostrich fillet R98 from Pick n Pay Westcoast Village. The milk has gone off before the due date and the ostrich fillet had to be thrown away because it stank. I am now very wary of buying any cold produce from this store as I have had to throw R160 worth of produce away. Please contact me [protected]@centurycity.co.za

Pick n PaySour Milk. Ibought milk at Tyger Valley Pick N Pay

I took the 2 litre milk from the fridge this morning, opened it, and it had a sour smell.
      I checked the best before date: Which is 18 Feb 2021.
      I Live in Belhar . that is +- 15km away.

I will not go back to the shop to exchange the product, because it will cost me more that the milk itself.
      It is the 2litre PnP Brand.
      What must I do with the milk. will I be compensated for the product loss, or must I just forget about it.

I thank you for your understanding and support in this matter.

Pick and PayLamb liver

I am Micah from cape Town.I recently bought Lamb liver from pick and pay in kraaifontein.After preparing the meal, at end the of the day, my two grandmothers ate and then they fell sick.One threw up and had diarrhea and other had same things.Its very scary when old people get sick.Luckily I had medication for them.
        This never happens cause they always buy the lamb liver.So I am not sure whether it was off.I worked in retail before, mistakes happens where the workers don't take out the sell by date.
        Unfortunately I can't provide the barcode and slips etc cause it was thrown in the bin.

Reply ASAP.

Pick n PayCashier Nombuso Po Dhlamini

My name is Zandile I work for the City of Ekurhuleni in Daveyton and I have a small business in Daveyton near pick n pay.On week days I buy at pick n pay during lunch time whereby the store has made it convinient and created a que for people working around and in the Mall to pay quickly and go to work without standing in a long que with the rest on the customers.

This morning I went and bought items for my shop, went to a que that I usually go to the cashier asked why did I came in front I told her that Im at work, she asked where I told her around the mall she said.she only serves the people working inside the mall not outside the mall.I was suprised because municipality offices is outside the mall yet they serve us. I went to the Store manager and told him he went with me to the cashier and ask her to serve me since I explained that Im at work.The cashier argued with him and even when he went away she served me while shouting at me and telling me about her rights.She was so rude.
          This is so unfortunate for a cashier toback chat her manager and dent a reputation of such a big company.Taking the neccessary steps to discipline.I strongly feel that she should be taken to disciplinary enquiry.I dont even see her signing a written warning hence her attitide towards the manager.
          Regards
          Zandile
          [protected]

Pick n Payunethical behavior - staff member informs a customer is lying

Today at about 15:00 at the Fairmount branch I was informed by a staff member that I was lying about a displayed price, no apology about an old price. The old price was stuck on the Duracell battery stand (R79.99) along with the old price of R 84.99. The lady that accused me of lying said she looks after the pricing for the batteries. He name tag was "hidden" by her jersey.
            When requested to speak to the manager I was informed that the gentleman that was there was a manager, but his name tag did not display this information. Since when is it allowed for staff to tell a customer that they are lying. I wish I had taken a picture before I removed the price tag.

Feb 01, 2021

Pick n Pay — Poor customer service

We bought a laptop on the 7/03/2020 we experience problems from the beginning and we returned the laptop same...

Pick n PayHairclip

I bought a black hair cosmic claw back today 31/01/2021 at pick n pay pinehurst for r39.99. When I got home the hair clip was not in one off my bags.
              I could not go back at that moment.
              How is pick n pay going to sort the problem for me?

Please contact me on [protected] or email
              Anie. [protected]@hotmail.com

Hairclip

Pick n PayPoor customer service

Poor customer service at Pick n Pay Outapi.
                I visited pick n pay Outapi store on the 30th January 2021 to buy copy papers which was toned. On my way out the security guard (Newaka) who was on a duty told me to go and get my refund by the cashier who helped me because their don't go through the printer. The cashier told me to come back the next day because their system was not fine. When I came the next day they refused to refund me apparently why they are toned, the security is my witness that they were already toned. The manager (Selma) and the Supervisor of that specific teller (Anna) failed to solve the matter. They are so rude and they refused to give me their returning policy. From the manager to the cashier this people deserve to get warnings. They don't know their job policy. I want my refund as soon as possible since it was not my fault. My contact number [protected] Maria.

Pick n PayHisense U963 Phone problem

on the 19th of January 2021 I bought the Hisense U963 at Pick n Pay Montclair Mall Durban for R799.00 Prepaid. The cashier handed me the phone and an MTN sim card of which i told her that I don't use that network I only use Telkom in-fact I was replacing a phone so i already have a sim card. She told me the phone has 2 sim slots. I was happy about this since i have 2 telkom sim cards. The next day 20th i had to return the phone it was not charging.

23rd after charging i inserted my telkom cards only to find that the phone is network is locked to MTN, I returned the phone and told them they did not sell to me what I wanted. They told me the store policy did not allow them to take phones back especially if they were in a working condition. Today 24th of January I found out that it will not allow my telkom sim as a second sim at all, I have to activate MTN sim. I am very much stressed I need a phone and I can't use this phone. Please advise

Pick n PayService

I had the worst experience at pick n pay Ottery. First when I entered the store I was asked to show what was in my bags which I did. I then continued doing my shopping and then went to the tills to pay for my goods. The cashier at the till once again asked me to show her the takkies I had which still had Mr price tags on them and I said the other security guard just checked it. Immediately as if they were waiting the security guards confronted me very abruptly and said I should come with them and I refused. Things then got out of hand where they were forcefully holding my trolley and me pushing me to go with them. I asked them what I did wrong and they were unable to answer. Eventually after fighting with me infront of many other customers I went with them where they then took me into a room like a criminal. They requested my slip and I said it was an electronic slip sent to my email and this became an issue as well because they could not understand this. I was detained for more than 30min in this room where their other African colleagues came to take a look at me the "criminal". After checking the electronic slip they then said they were unable to find the mortien insecticide on the slip and the one lady went as far as to saying we are going to lock you up. I then took my phone from her and said to her "can't you read" the product is clearly here and showed them. Then the guy who claimed he was the manager came back into the room and requests the slip again and I asked him if he was stupid because the matter was resolved and I was proven not to be a thief. I was shivering with anger and was embarrassed in front of many people. There was no apology for the way they had treated me. I'm sorry to make it about color but they were all African picking on this coloured lady. I have heard from staff at the branch that this has happened a couple of times before. I will no longer be spending my money at any pick n pay if this is the way they treat their customers. I will be taking the matter higher because those who detained me will pay someway or another. It was all a power play, trying to show who was in charge infront of a store filled with people. They did not follow process and I will not stop till someone pays for the humiliation I went through. Pick n pay has lost a customer because of those idiots

Pick n PaySecurity

Mall of the North security official extremely rude and disrespectful. Upon entering shop, told that I entered by the wrong entrance (signage on window on A4 page higher than eye level (inappropriate). She told me to go out the door and walk two metres and enter via the other entrance and when I asked is she being serious she said YES! I could have just crossed in front of her to get to the other security official to get my hands sanitised. Unacceptable. I will never buy from your store again.

Pick n PayProducts in Pick and Pay Van Riebeeck Park

On 12 January 2021 I bought chicken at this shop. When I came home and open the chicken fillets it had such a bad smell, I had to take it back. It was definitely off.
                        Today, 14 January 2021 I bought fresh cream. When I came home and opened the cream it was thick and sour( even though the expiry date was not reached yet). Goibg to takenit back now.
                        Maybe a problem with fridges or quality control??

Pick n PayAdvertised discounts don't realise

As per your new SCHOOL SPECIALS till 11 Feb.21
                          You advertise 2 x Ouma rusks for R 70.00. I bought 2 today and paid R 45.99 lessR 8.69 = R 37.40 per item. That is R 2.40 more than it should be.
                          But this is an ongoing problem with PaP. It is happening with all your so called specials ( Buy 2 for... ) It is always more and not once the advertised price and that means you are advertising false prices and never actually give the client the advertised price.
                          Then you wonder why more and more people go to Checkers ???
                          My SMART SHOPPER CARD = [protected]
                          Problem 2 > I bought a new EPSON printer from the HYPER at Princess Crossing in December 2020 for R 3499.00 plus 1 ream of paper per month for 24 months for free.
                          That is a total mess. They can't help me and every month I have to go and look for somebody to help me. They just pull up their shoulders and say take a pack and walk out ! How is that possible ????
                          According to me PaP is going down the drain ; and fast !
                          Johan Swanepoel

Pick n PayOn line purchase for delivery to JHB. SOITH AFRICA

My online order delivered on 23 December included a TV SET. The special offer included a R500 gift voucher which was to be sent to me via SMS within ten days of the TV delivery. To date it has not arrived despite endless enquires to the service division. I get charming service, endless promises of action but no result.

My name Charmaine LEWITTON

Order no. [protected]

Contact no +[protected]

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Charmaine

Pick n PayMistreatment by cleaner and poor management of the complaint by in-store manager.

On Christmas day a cleaner was cleaning on the entrance by the trollies in the morning. I went to collect one and he was rude and literally pushed it away while angry that I couldn't push it to the bakery where I needed to get bread. He then told me I could even go to the manager and complain. I did. Was promised feedback, in vain to date.

I know one of the managers there. On that day she was off. On new years day, her younger sister was mocking me in front of people about this complaint. Making a joke out me. I was shocked and in disbelief.

Please assist in the above two complaints as soon as possible?

Pick n PayCashier rudeness

I was at Ballito Junction earlier o4/01/2021 I bought vodacom airtime I realize on the way the lady sold me telkom instead. She was do rude sge didn't apologize instead she told me to take it andgive it to my family. I felt so offended. Her name is Sindisiwe Mkhwanazi. That is not a way to treat customer s.[protected]
                                Regards
                                Lindiwe

Pick n PayFresh fruit, especially bananas

A purchased bananas on Tuesday 29 December 2020 from PnP at the Kingsburgh Centre in Winkelspruit. The fruit was partly green and yellow in colour which I prefer because they normally have a better shelf life at home. The following day I had difficulty removing the skin of one of the bananas and eventually need to cut it off with a knife. The banana inside was rock solid and when I bit into it, it tasted bitter and I had to spit it out. I threw the banana away. I bought more bananas but this time from Checkers but kept the PnP bananas to allow them to ripen. Today on the 6th day since purchase, after leaving them in the sun, I was still unable to peel the skin from the bananas without the aid of a knife and they were still rock hard and inedible. I tried putting one in the microwave to try and improve the taste but they are awful and can't be eaten. I'm a pensioner and can't afford to by trash from PnP and bananas grow wild in South Africa. Why can't PNP sell decent edible fruit instead of passing off inferior fruit to the customer. It's fraud!

Fresh fruit, especially bananas

Pick n PayFalse advertising

I went to pick and pay in Boulders mall to purchase some few items I needed, to be exact on my purchase de was facial tissue papers pnp brand on the shelf it showed a different price to the one that reflected when I was paying I told the lady that the price on the shelf was different then a lady by the The name of Thoko said I shud cum with and show her the price and I did she then proceeded to tell me that customers have a tendency of changing prices it might have been a customer and I showed her that its lalso says pnp facial tissue she went on and said maybe they where packed wrong as it's the same description of the item but less ones and I told her that it's not my fault that they packed wrong I pay for the price I see it was gonna be andastand able if it was only 1 item packed there but it wasn't then she went bk to the tills and asked if I'm gonna pay the correct price or?? Then I asked her to remove them as I was really unhappy with the excuses she gave me.

Pick n PayStuyvesant red evolve

Dear Sir/Madam

I went to pnp store in Cosmo City shopping complex and I wanted a number of packs and was denied what I wanted by the a lady who is a manager of that store.

Why is it that a customer is being dictated to by a manager who is suppose to help customers and the lady was very rude to me and I didn't appreciate what the shop did to me.

Kind regards