Progressive Auto Insurance[censor] company!

In mid July an auto mechanic was driving my car off of a long bed (used to transport a race car). While backing it off the bed, he somehow (according to him, I was not there) got his foot lodged between the brake pedal and the throttle. He lost control of my vehicle, panicked and sent it spinning, hitting the truck who had towed it, a wall and nearly two onlookers. At first word, I was devastated as was everyone else that night... speechless. I was having it towed from Sacramento to Stockton, Ca because this mechanic failed to bolt on my caliper and the like snuggly and it sliced through my tire, leaving me stranded as I was on my way to meet a lady that I had just met. I made it to sac but I never got a chance to meet her. To make a long story short, I reported it about a month later because my deductible was so high and this mechanic said that he could fix it, he knew people who could get it done... well that never occurred. This shameless company never once asked how I was doing in all this nor about my family. They don't believe all the damages that were present on the car happened that night.. My statement to them is simply this: just because you can't come up with how it happened in no way means that it didn't happen. I paid out of my pocket during the time my car was undrivable $1,000 for a rental for a month and still these #s did not think that it was not drivable.

• Updated by Jean Registre · Oct 30, 2018

this company is horribe in to take of claim

Jean Registre Nov 06, 2018

august 4 2018

A car hit me from behind, and it took them 3 months to pay me for the damage. I call that crazy, and made go through hell which their driver was responsible

• Pa
    Paige32 Nov 01, 2018

I was in an accident the other day and the lady who hit me had insurance through you guys. The lady who called me and talked to me about it was Becky. She was just rude and snotty to me on the phone. And I wasn't rude to her or anything to her on the phone. She raised her voice at me when she was talking about the accident on the phone.

• Ta
    Tamara Jones Oct 21, 2018

Sold my daughter liability insurance only when she stated car was being financed. I planned to notify the Attorney General office and contacting a criminal lawyer. I would like a response to this matter, This seems like fraudulent active.

Jennifer-Jacob Schleining Sep 18, 2018

Progressive insurance has the worst customer service ever.. won't answer and will not return calls... thought it would be a better option to have my insurance company(progressive insurance) handle the damage part of my claim.. I will no longer use progressive insurance after this ordeal...

• Be
    being stolen from Aug 28, 2018

I paid ahead on auto policy, but am not receiving credit for payments made. I received notice that my payment was received, but the next day, I received notice that my policy would cancel if payment was not made. Maybe the company has someone embezzling. It seems as though there would be security cameras and the person or people would be caught.

• Ge
    Geniawray35 Aug 20, 2018

Yes my name is Genia jump, I live at 1240 mt union rd, Frazier bottom wv.I would like a copy of papers I signed to allow a Andrew moody to be added to my insurance last year.I am being held responsible for his insurance that was put on my account, I am not related to me moody and i did not put him on my account.I hope this matter can be resolved

• Ni
    nick78 Aug 20, 2018

These idiots created a really high pitched annoying NOT FUNNY skit that they play wayyyy toi often like on CNN network and its stupid no message red headed guy sucks not funny dumb skit. Like why is he yelling like a [censored]ing choir boy when they are suppose to be recording a song as the retarded skit goes...

• Wo
    Wounded Insured Apr 03, 2017

Contact the Federal trade Commission, file a complaint and they'll act on our behalf. Progressive illegally sold my vehicle. I already filed a complaint. They don't act on individual complaint, but when enough of us contacts them and file, it'll get the legal action against them moving and they'll conduct a full investigation. ftc.gov/complaint or call [protected].

• Da
    Dawng1 Jul 21, 2015

I was rear ended by my son in law who has progressive. It seems that there is a clause in their policy that states if we live in they same house, progressive doen't have to pay any medical bills. The problem is that my son was never told about this. He asked for full coverage thinking if there was an accident he would be covered all the way around. He did not think that he would hit his in laws. My husband and I have minor injuries but it will still cost us out of pocket to feel better. I even called a lawyer and they said that I have not recourse. I just want to let people know they need to check their policies small print.

NoThankQ [user banned] Nov 12, 2014

Your insurance problems aren't holding you back. Your horrendous use of the English language is the more obvious barrier. Instead of blaming some company for your issues, why not try learning English so you can at least sound intelligent.

• Mi
    Michellemybell1970 Nov 12, 2014

First I want to start by saying when I first got my car as a kid, I went with progressive, 1988 or close to it in 2001 I left for about two years then went back to progressive now it is 2014 that's along time right. well in 2010 or close to it, I was talking with a women from progressive she was telling me about they had road side and if I ever broke down they would get me if I got a flat, gas or car brakes down they would come get me. Well when I had them I called in that time frame I have had three cars .I added roadside to my Camaro, then got a Lexus took Camaro off then in 3/4/2014 I had a car accident and was given accident forgiveness, And new police now on third car PT Cr...with road side and they renewed me in April in late September I was sent a note from Progressive telling Me after all the years I stayed with them and the one time I needed my car Insurance They sent me a letter telling me To find new coverage and I had 30 I had Full Cov... 149. a month a single mom with bills I called them up asking them crying to them please don't cancel me asking to talk with underwriting and higher up even asked to speak with someone from CEO of progressive and they claim they called me and no one did I kept looking because when I called and crying my eyes out to them and asked I don't get how I have given my years and $$$ to them that they could do this to me and when they told me they was still going to cancel me after weeks of calling them .I said to someone in the underwriting team that they was giving me acc...forgiveness I told him so then why are you all canceling me ...they came back with they was canceling me because not for accident that I had to many claim in a time frame of three years and was because of my road side that they talked me into to add and every time they came out to me they said over phone I no out of pocket to pay that I was covered ...when I asked them why, they sent me to manager she told me that it is only used for emergency like once a year that if I had a flat that is not quoit emergency, And that all times I had to call it in and every time was told no out of pocket now in this time frame had three cars and had roadside and pay different price but added roadside ...the women told me that it don't matter to find new car insurance .I looked every place I could day in and day out and no one would cover me because of the accident and ever quoit was very High and then still no luck all the way till day of them canceling me so one last time I called them crying please don't do this I have been with you for so long why did you wait to send to me now why did you not come to me before and give me a choice to take it off because if I would of known that after all the years of them taking my $$$ if I would of known that they put road side down as a claim every time I used it I would have never added it so they don't tell you that part...I would of kept it with AAA or some out side of them...I one more time asked to speak with someone from CEO and all I ever got is it's noted that they called you and looked and said Go find Insurance with someone else just broke my heart and for the hell they put me through I ended up finding someone to cover me A single mom that works week to week is now on the edge of loosing my house because of what they did to me they have now put me in such a hardship that I am falling a part in my life why because when they did that I had to come up with 468 down and now pay 230 a month to some off the wall car insurance ...Thank you Progressive for ya right we don't cancel you..You all be very careful with them because man did they destroy my world when I needed them most they tossed me out like trash ...from 17 to 44 and only two years was not with them and Now I could be homeless or even not a car because of the way they did me ...Just Kills me to the point I'm still crying even now ...Please everyone read this First. Michelle

• Li
    Liz McKeown Aug 19, 2014

When will Progressive Insurance stop ramming In-Your-Face Flo down everybody's throats? She is annoying and her picture pollutes the internet and TV. I know she appeals to two year-olds, but most of the consumers are older than that. If there is a website or organization to actually get someobody in Progressive to listen, please let me know.

• De
    Debbie MacLeod Jul 08, 2014

My husband is a Hot Shot Truck Driver. Dodge 3500 w/flatbed and tows a 25 ft flatbed trailer. We do not haul more than 26, 000 gross weight combined: truck, trailer and cargo. Now on around 05/21/14 our insurance was cancelled by Progressive. The moment I received the notice I called to inquire why we were cancelled. It appears Progressive made a clerical error putting in our VIN#. Not a one or two digit mistake but a VIN# that is no where near our VIN#. All insurance calls are recorded. I asked that a supervisor pull the recorded phone call and listen to it. And verify me giving the wrong VIN#. Some snotty nose guy call me several days later, said they reviewed the recorded phone call. That it is my voice giving the wrong VIN#. I said I would like to hear a recording of that phone call. His snotty remark was "get a lawyer and have it supeonea", well to say the least it really made me mad. Then to top it off. Our insurance cancellation was effective midnight 06/21/14. On 06/25/14 they drafted another insurance payment from our checking account. I called a supervisor in the payment department. She tells me that our insurance is in effect until 09/23/14. That she will talk to underwriting. And get back with me in 24 hours. 27 hours go by so I call them. No, they say, I AM CANCELLED. So I asked that my money be returned to my checking account that day. Not possible says Progressive because it has to go through "protocol". Since I am a disabled person, this whole fiasco has upset me to no end. That their drafting of the payment put a financial hardship on us because of the cancellation of the truck business insurance, my husband was unable to work. And then the new policy requires 25% down payment. So in review: They cancel our insurance, husband cannot work, they draft a payment for insurance. In Progressive's behalf, they did put the money back into our account on 07/01/14. But had any overdrafts in my checking account happened, I'm sure they would not have paid any overdrafts. Now, the U.S. Department of Transportation has revoked the Operating Authority and it will take insurance verification and $80 to reinstate us in good standing. The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles has fined us $500 for violation failed to maintain automobile liability insurance. This is all because of a "clerical error" on Progressive's part and they will not admit to their error. My opinion maybe someone is covering for somebody. I asked Progressive to run a report with my correct VIN# to see if they accidentlly swapped my VIN# to someone else and I have theirs. They said they cannot run that kinds of report to look for my VIN# tied to someone else's name. We can send a man to the moon but Progressive cannot run a report on a VIN#. Instead of so many Flo commercials, Progressive should spend their money on hiring competent people to run the company. When Flo comes on TV Commercial now, I change the channel. Progressive has cost us a lot of money on the truck sitting idle. $580 in fines to get back in good graces with the FMCSA & Texas Department of Transportation. Our truck is fairly new so we are upside down in our loan. Progressive has put my husband out of business due to their clerical error. They choose not to let me listen to the recording to prove I gave the wrong VIN#. If there is an attorney out there with enough ammo against Progressive Insurance for unfair practices, I would join in for sure. As I said before, I am disabled due to a stroke and I have cried and cried over all this. I had to resort to the American with Disabilities Act to get Progressive to return our payment in a timely manner. Progressive needs sensitivity training with their employees. Please Attorneys, jump on board against this Insurance Giant. I know I'm a small fish in their pond, but us small fish makes a big pond.

• Vi
    victimofprogressiveins May 14, 2013

progressive is the worst ( THE WORST ) car insurance ever, EVER even you do have a good driving record every six months your premium goes up, and they have the audacity of blaming the state, I've been with them for more than a year, i have a 2002 Chevy with only state requirement with a $1000 Deductible, so for the 11 years old Chevy with 195 thousand miles i am paying $166 every month for now, but in June it will go up to $176 for only PIP. I don't even carry coverage for them to fix my car if i got into in accident, i will have to fix it myself. And when i talked to Erica one of the license rep. in state of Florida she said that state of Florida rate goes up really progressive Really. ohhh never have any violation (no speeding ticket or accident) anybody can email me @ [email protected] to show my monthly ins bill.

jim southern ohio Dec 21, 2012

progressive lyin thieves glenn renwick CEO must be crooked to he gets ten million a year he don, t care about the lyin rude thievin claims ppl and the fraudulent billing over charging customers with fake bills

jim southern ohio Dec 06, 2012

progressive claims ppl dirty lyin rude thieves

• St
    Stansa Dec 05, 2012

Has anyone had a problem concerning adding rental insurance to their progressive policy? We thought we had it 4 years ago, but was told after hitting a deer that we did not have it. We didn't question it and paid for the rental car while our van was being repaired. We immediately called progressive and added rental protection to our policy. We even had a discussion with the lady on the phone about the difference in price for a compact car and a mid-sized car. We decided on the more expensive car. This fall, I hit a deer. I am now being told that we do not have rental on our policy. Supposedly they have tapes of all phone conversations (from the beginning of time, I guess), and will review our conversation to see if we actually requested the insurance.

jim southern ohio Dec 02, 2012

stealing lying organized crime is now legal progressive insurance does it every day and gets away with it. the new ohio mafia ceo glenn renwick takes home ten million a year he must be part of the criminal conspiracy since he does, nt do anything about the lyin thievin claims ppl that work for progressive.nobodys that out of touch that he don, t know what the thieves in claims department are doing ten million a year is pretty good money for letting claims thieves rob and steal from customers who cares if they go to farmers flo suckers new customers in every day with he lies.bait and switch anybody want to know what that is switch 2 progressive and you will find out it will just cost you 4 or 5 hundred dollars to find out you been robbed and lied to. remember i warned you

jim southern ohio Oct 06, 2012

adjusters are lyin thievin no good bast--rds

• Bi
    BitterBusiness Jul 16, 2012

Visit http://www.thebitterbusinessbureau.com for all information pertaining to this complaint.

There is too much information to put everything here. This website contains all the information gathered while pursuing a homeowner's claim that was denied. I believe you will find the information helpful if you are having problems with a homeowner's claim which is why I am doing this, this way.

If you are having a bad experience, the best thing you can do is gather all reports, communications and notes when making your case.

Thank you, and I hope you'll take the time to follow the link.

Jarmush Aug 06, 2011

Progressive is No 1 Crooked Insurance Company in the United States. I had Collision insurance. My car had scratches damage and when I filed claim, I was told by Progressive Representative that there will be multiple claims and each claim will have a $500 deductible. Long story short, my car had $4345.00 cost of damage and Progressive wanted to pay me only $200.

• Sy
    Sylvia Rose Feb 18, 2011

How close are you to having your entire life and business totally destroyed by your own auto insurance co.?
    They filled out the E-forms for the PUC licensing I held here in Pa for 5 1/2 years, then when I get rear-ended and permanently injured in my cervical and lumbar spine (my case is still open if I can find a lawyer to step in and handle it), suddenly they want me to claim disability from the state instead of them paying the continuing medical bills. They pay me under my wage loss part of my claim for what I lost for a year and a half I could not work, and now they want it all back. And, they stopped paying necessary medical treatments and even necessary pain treatments for me, by claiming Fraud and the Atty. General that is supposed to help the consumer has let them get away with all of this and even helped them. There is lots more. Feel free to contact me for the rest of the info. If you are a good lawyer, PLEASE help me win the injury part of my case.
    [protected] Sylvia

• Fe
    Fed Up With Crooks Feb 15, 2011

After reading many of the posts here, I have come to the conclusion that Progessive is not consumer friendly. Made the mistake of switching from another reliable company to progressive to save a few bucks in this tight economy. After paying ahead for 6 months, I received a bill for 1/3 more than quoted. They claim they wanted paperwork that was previously submitted and documented on three occasions. To avoid the problems I shipped in my payment with the notice that stated as long as payment was postmarked by such and such date the policy would remain in force. Payment was mailed several days before the due date with a tracking number. As anyone knows the postal service generally takes 5-7 days for delivery. Progressive gives no consideration to snail mail and if they have not posted the check will cancel the service despite the fact their paperwork shows it will remain in force if its postmarked by such and such date. This is another scam to say that you did not mail it on time so they can raise your rates again despite full prepayment. The State Insurance regulators need to review some of Progressives Policies. Most companies take into consideration the US Postal Service and on the average provide a 7-10 period for the mail and those who work at progressive to post appropriately. BUYER BEWARE:

• Sh
    SHELLY1985 Jan 13, 2011

Farm.There commercials are so true about State Farm they treat you like family and always keep you informed. I called progressive several times and never was I informed of the consequences of any choices made to policies. I understand that at anytime a change or cancellation is made something will be affected but I expect to be aware of whats going on especially if this is not my area of expertise. I spoke with Cindy today and it seemed like all of them key in on only certain words when you are speaking not absorbing your intentions for the call. On one day I asked as many questions as I could about canceling a policy and was told clear as day that I would not be billed for anything after I canceled. Suddenly I get an email saying I owed them over $45. WHAT!!! Next I call to cancel it future dated yet that rep failed to educate on any prorated charges and canceled the EFT on my account failing to tell me that if I do then I have to wait for refunds to come through the mail but if it was still active it would be directly deposited into my account!!! WTF! These company's such as Progressive need to train employees on the art of Next Call Prevention. We do not know the questions to ask therefore a strategy should be in place covering all the imperative information a customer should know. What the heck are they getting paid for. There name should be changed from customer Care to "Customers, We Don't Care". All the previous agents could have prevented this snowball of a disaster by being a bit more proactive and informative. If I am told something I shouldn't have to put forth any strenuous effort to make sure what I was told was correct. Progressive needs to be more considerate and stop treating us like policy numbers. I am getting everyone I know to join State Farm.

• Ad
    adjuster Oct 20, 2010

I am trying to compile a list of Known Progressive Insurance adjusters. If you can email me at [email protected] I would appreciate it. This will be for a database of adjusters. Please include the name, phone number and possible email address of any contacts you have with progressive. Thank you.

• Ad
    adjuster Oct 20, 2010

• Wh
    Whattacrock Sep 30, 2010

I consider myself fortunate to have been treated fairly by all insurance companies with which I have ever had dealings. That is, until our Independent Agent decided to underwrite our school bus policy with Progressive. Dear sweet Jesus, what were they thinking ? In a small county, we all know each other and have to live with our decisions on a daily basis. Progressive Insurance is packed full of thieves and liars who do not care if their thievery has an adverse effect on the United States, THEY JUST WANT THEIRS !!! So, after seeing that they had no intentions of dealing with me honestly, and, being asked one too many times by their claims adjusters and office personnel for the name of my attorney, I went out and found an attorney who shared my dislike for crooks. He took the case, sees the fraud, and is bringing out the big hammer to drive them back into the dirt from whence they came. Make no mistake about it, friends. You do not have to settle with Progressive. If they are lying and deceiving you, find an attorney who will take your case. It may drag out a couple of years, but suck it up and stick it to them.Find a new way to get around, sacrifice a little more, and sue their [censor]. They deserve it, and they ain't gonna change.

• Fl
    flynnskfx Jul 13, 2010

On july 1st 2010, I was driving down hwy 10 on my way to work when i hit a DEER. I immediately got on the brakes hard and pulled over. I did what anyone would do, i got out of the truck and check the front end. All the lights worked and there was red fluid on front of truck i thought was blood. There was no dripping or leaking so i left the truck idle with lights on considering i am on a highway in the dark with black truck. So i called sheriff's office and told them i had hit a deer. He was there very quick i would estimate 5-10minates. He asked me if i knew where the deer was and i said its to dark i couldnt see.He flashed his flashlight and found the deer in the ditch.He asked if the vehical was drivable and i said "yes". I told him there was nothing leaking and all the lights work. So he got out of his vehical and checked the front of my truck, shined his flashlight under my truck and said it all looks good. Started his report while i waited in the truck. He comes up and says "Traffic is clear go ahead and pull out". So i put truck in gear and nothing happens. I try all gears and nothing happens. I walk back to him and say must be something damaged because i can't move. So he calls wrecker and i shut truck off. As they put the truck on the flatbed the right tire drags in gravel. They haul truck to gustmans and the next day insurance calls and says they told gustman to start on vehical. I explain sequence of events and he tells me the brakes and transmission are my FAULT as an admission of neglect. I said i thought it was blood and he says you let the vehical idle. He there is nothing wrong externaly with brakes and therfore anything internally was probably normal wear and tear. I said goto the scene you will see rear tire marks through gravel. THIS PART KILLS ME HE SAYS AND I QUOTE" i suppose it didn't do that before the accident".

Theres more to the story but the short of it is. I have the vehical moved to bergstroms for body work. I showed some people i work with the job bergstroms did and i am not kidding the hood sat 1/2 inch above fenders. There was deer hair still in bumper and they did not replace a damaged bumper cover that has a big gouge out of it. It is JULY 13th i just dropped the truck at another body shop and progressive still refuses to fix my transmission. The truck does run and move it lunges because of back brakes. They said they filled trans fluid and it seems fine. I have a 95% reassurance from ATS transmission company that running the truck 25minates without fluid has done damage to transmission. I have told them from july 2 about the transmission and they refuse to accept it.

• Ho
    Howard Barnes Jun 13, 2010

I thought $44.00 a mo for liability was too much, so I applied for progressive.It was $120
    I live in nowheresville Utah population 250.My 99 ford ranger has 180, 000 mi and no dents. Accidents are very rare. So I'll stay with alstate

• My
    mypooracura Dec 21, 2009

I was on my way to work the day after an 18 inch snow storm. I was stopped at a red light. Some guy in a big suv skidded into my passenger side back end who has progressive insurance. I called his insurance the same day and started my claim. Right off the bat they assigned me a "claim representative" who insisted that I get my car fixed right then and there. After a few days of working from 6:30AM to 5:00AM (there is no body shop open before or after those hours) she insisted on having someone from progressive coming out to do an estimate on my car while I was at work. The guy came, estimated my car, and called me. Told me that the estimate came out to $750.00 and they would send me a check. Right away I called my claims representative and told her this is not the way I wanted the process to go and that I am positive the estimate will be way too low. Three days passed and I did not get a call back. In the meantime I had gotten my own estimate of $1, 500.00 from one of their contracted body shops!! The claims representative still wont answer my phone calls. I called my insurance company, but if I file through them I will have to come up with my deductible up front before they go after the insurance to get a refund. I don't understand how I am the victim of a car accident yet my only solution to get my car back to normal is to pull money out of my own pocket? This just does not seem legal.

• Do
    Don Nance Dec 03, 2009

My mother was hit by a van insured by progressive She was knocked to the ground and is lucky to still be alive. Hit and run. The oklahoma highway patrol responded, what a joke. Progressive will not pay a dime let alone a emergency room bill .We need a class action lawsuit. [protected] Don Nance

Annoyedbyprogressive Nov 10, 2009

I also was in Culver City when a woman insured by Progressive hit me. She was at a stop sign but when I started into the intersection (I did not have a stop sign, she did) she darted into the intersection as if I wasn't even there. I slammed on my brakes but it was too late to avoid the collision and both our front ends were a little smashed. I thought it was no big deal, she made a mistake either thinking I had a stop sign or thinking she could beat me across the intersection and that her insurance would take care of it. She made a comment "oh, you don't have a stop sign?". Even though I had the right of way and it seemed a cut and dry case, my claim was denied. It was one series of lies after another and all these different things they came up with to not take responsibility. They said it was all based on what their insured told them. Totally unethical, negligent company. There is nothing more simple than my claim other than maybe getting rear ended or someone actually blowing the stop sign altogether. They made it sound so complicated - I can't believe what they came up with to avoid paying. I didn't have collision coverage at the time on that vehicle so of course my insurance could care less (I guess they probably all suck but some more than others). A few months later the engine died due to a cracked engine block.I hear that's a common problem after getting hit in the front side as I did. Bottom line, they're bottom feeders.

jean1221 Aug 01, 2009

You can help us to change the way the Progressive does business. We want to be your voice. There is a site dedicated for people who have been victims of the Progressive Insurance claims process. We want to make them accountable for what they did to you, but you must help us do that. All we want is your story. FREE no gimmicks just enough people uniting to make a difference.

jean1221 Jul 30, 2009

I am sorry to hear about your ordeal with Progressive Insurance. I to am going through a great deal after being hit by one of their insured while walking my dog. First they started denying liability then the injury itself and on and on. I would like to do somthing about this company. I hope you will help. I would like to write a long letter to our senators and the insurance commission and the president himself with a long list of letters like yours and mine, asking them to investigate Progressive and to hold them accountable for their action against us, maybe even a class action suit. First I will need a letter explaining exactly what happend and why Progressive Insurance failed you. Please email the letter along with your name and address (this will help identify you as a real person) or if you like you can remain anonomys. Thanks for any help in making Progressive responsible for their unfair actions against us and all the other victims of Progressive.

Jean Thomas
    [email protected]

• Bu
    Bubba L Jul 22, 2009

18 July 2009, as many other unsatisfied customers and soon to be former customer of Progressive. This company is a ### company and a complete scam.. Two incidents occurred, 1st incident I was denied towing due to non-payment of the last $26.55 I owed them.. I paid it, traveled up the road in my motorhome and the tire blew causing serious damage and almost death of my 5 year old son. They do not believe me, have threatend me and other things.. So, now I am on a mission to publicly make known through all media channels how bad a company like Progressive is.. And one of their culprates is David Harris out of Washington State.. Do not ever use Progressive, do not use them in any form, they're a scam, cheat and a rip off and only like funding the Corporate Governmental agencies in which they were established.

• De
    Denny Jul 20, 2009

My insureance rate went up $120.00 per 6 months..I have not had an accident or ticket in over 10 years. I have 3 vehicles insured with them..Ms.Lynn said the rate went up because Reno, Nevada was a high rate accident area..the Reno Gazette Journal has an article that rates Reno as one of the safest cities to drive in..It is rated 11th..Las Vegas, Nevada is rated as 153.This artcle in the July 09th 2009, Rates RENO the safest in the UNITED STATES. So believe the lies if you want to, but check this article out... Don't believe the first LIE that the insureance tells you..

• Tu
    tundraranger Jul 16, 2009

Progressive is ripping me off as well. This company rakes in tons of cash, but doesn't give a second thought to those of us just trying to make ends meet and get by day to day.
    Their client was going the wrong way in a one way zone and slammed into my vehicle. The damage is cosmetic, I still use the vehicle daily, but because it is old they are calling it a total loss. The result of this will be that I will be forced to accept a salvage title, and my registration will be revoked. I will be left with a vehicle I can't use, even though it is perfectly good to drive and everything works.
    I told them that I am unemployed and that I desperately need this vehicle, but they do not care. What am I supposed to do now?

• Fe
    Fej Man Jun 25, 2009

I was in a car accident that left me disabled (spinal injury with paralysis). Progressive pulled an "independent medical exam" on me at 2 months post accident. The report from the doctor (who was about 80 years old and could not walk without a stabilization cane and said he had bad vertigo) said that there was no damage.

I wrote the company and explained that their report had verifiable factual errors including the location of my injury (c6 / c7), the type of injury, and the rate of recovery. Based on this bad report that is refuted by MRI, my surgeon, my MD, my chiro, my ND, my PT, and my other therapists they have stopped payment.

This meant that my treatments had to stop due to cost and my disabled state eventually led to the loss of my job (my boss held onto me as long as he could but eventually had to admit that I couldn't do the job and was a danger to others as a result). I am, at this time, functionally paralyzed for life. My doc says that had I had therapy and PT as recommended I would have had a full recovery.

I am taking them to court. My lawyer is the top personal injury attorney in the state. Initially I just wanted enough money to pay for PT and stuff, but now that they have screwed with me I now want to be paid for lost wages, future wages, emotional damage and punitive damages.

My lawyer says we have a great case. I hate that they decided to ruin my life over a few thousand dollars.

• Hu
    hurtinginflorida May 19, 2009

We were hit by a Progressive insured when she lost control of her car in the rain (she had bald tires) hit us in the front, we hit the median then skid across the road. our car was totalled. They only gave us rental for a week, undervalued our car, want to give us $100 for pain and suffering. I have an injury that needs therapy and they said they may may not reimburse for the bills. Its ridiculous. That car was used for business and now I have to rent one when I have to go on the road. They asked us to use their service to find a car and their service even told us there was no way they could find us a car in the same condition as our for what they are offering.

• Cr
    craig Oct 01, 2008

A Progressive client, dui did $50000 damage to my property and Progressive offered me a $28000 settlement--this is just another example of a large insurer with an in-house legal department that feels it can out-muscle the little guy--they are in for a big surprise. In the meantime do not buy insurance from this scam artist.