Having problems with State Farm?

State Farm Customer Service Contacts

1855 733 7333 (Customer Service)
1800 782 8332 (Customer Service)
+1 888 559 1922 (Technical Issues)
+1 877 627 5757 (Emergency Road Service)
+1 800 440 0998 (Insurance Payments)
+1 877 734 2265 (State Farm Bank Accounts)
+1 877 734 8472 (Credit Cards)
+1 800 447 4930 (Mutual Funds Accounts)
One State Farm Plaza
Bloomington, Illinois
Canada, Mailing Address
333 First Commerce Drive, Aurora, ON L4G 8A4

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with State Farm Customer Service. Initial State Farm complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for State Farm above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about State Farm. Discuss the issues you have had with State Farm and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

State Farm Complaints & Reviews

State FarmCustomer service

I called my agent to inquire about adding coverage to my rental policy. After making 20 + phone calls I finally got the correct information. Initially someone from my agents office contacted the underwriter and was given incorrect information. I spent three days addressing and requesting another look at this information (which was incorrect and would incorrectly and overcharged me) I spoke with three people from my agents office and six people from the State Farm customer service line. I was hung up on, bullied, threatened, and given incorrect information. State Farm does not have effective systems in place. It is very onerous for customers. I am not a consultant for State Farm, but should be. It was extremely stressful to be abused by State Farn for three days to get them to correct their mistake. The service is egregious

State FarmInsurance Claim

I had a basic repair for my car (there was damage to the driver side wheel). The shop I took it to said they could fix it in a day. Two weeks later I still do not have my car. Although I stated when I called to enter the claim the damage was on the driver side and the paperwork I have from the auto shop states the driver side damage was the reason I went to the shop, the claims adjuster told the auto shop to fix the passenger side (this is a used car and the passenger side wheels had scratches so he assumed that was damage for the claim). When I was informed of this I called State Farm and told them the claim was supposed to be for the driver side wheel damage. He said I would have to enter a separate claim in order to fix the driver side which means I would have to pay another deductible. I asked why would I have to pay another deductible if I was not the one who made a mistake? I was told by the Claims Supervisor that is my problem and I would have to take it up with the auto shop. The Claims Supervisor and my Insurance Agent also told me that the auto shop sent in claim for the passenger side wheels and after that was approved, they tried to send in another claim for the driver side wheel damage and that is what started the issue. The representative at the auto shop denies doing this. He sent in 1 claim stating everything that needed to be repaired. The representative at the auto shop called the State Farm Claims Supervisor and at that time the Claims Supervisor denied ever stating that 2 claims were sent and is still requiring another claim to be filed in order for the original repair to take place. So it is 2 weeks later and I still do not have my car and the original reason for the claim has not been fixed because State Farm is insisting that I file an additional claim. I have tried calling the Claims Supervisor back but calls go straight to his voicemail. My State Farm agent is not taking my calls and he referred me the claims phone number via text. I called the President and Owner of State Farm I tried to explain my situation but he did not want to listen to my situation and told me to call my agent and hung up.
    Long story short, I took my car in to the auto shop for driver side damage. Due to miscommunication from State Farm, prior minor existing damage to the passenger side was repaired. State Farm now wants me to file an additional claim and pay another deductible in order to get the original repair completed.

Insurance Claim

State FarmAgent Jean Verseput

Unfair business practices which has caused me close to $9, 000 in losses. Agent has continued to be dishonest and I have proof that she is dishonest. This has to stop. I was misadvised by her office. Coverage was removed from my vehicles and should not have been. I never signed a form acknowledging her removal of coverage. They are frauds! They also issued me a fraudalent proof of insurance which cause double registration fees on my car.

Dec 08, 2020

State Farm — Unethical behaviour

We had severe storm late september I got water in my family room. My carpet and some furniture got wet. I...

State FarmPayment not received

On 08/20/20 I Arthur Sanchez File A claim #43-10M3-21H here it is 11/0920 and still state has fail to pay for my lost I had hot water leak in my hallway bathroom which is coming from the slab of the foundation I have forward all the information they ask me for which are estament from plumber picture where also sent all I here is excuse after excuse well I also need picture of the hallway and than the restroom now the layout of the hallway its been 3.5 months now. please call me at [protected]

Sep 20, 2020

State Farm — Hurricane Laura Damage to my home and property

I have filed an insurance claim for my home and property, truck and RV. My truck is at a body shop in...

Aug 31, 2020

State Farm — Home / auto policies

Bill Thorp agency of State Farm offered and sold to me a combination Home/Auto policy package. I paid in full...

Jun 30, 2020

State Farm Insurance Company — Non-payment of three claims on homeowner's insurance

I live in Henderson, Nevada, in a 55+ community. On July 10, 2018, I had a flood in my house due to a broken...

State Farm Insurance General insurance

Long term customers one to few claims denied insurance or justifiable coverage.

Throughout the insurance industry, customers pay premiums for years without incident. When the insurance company has to honor their contact and pay a claim; premiums and/or deductibles increase, or customers are cancelled.

Insurance Companies complain of rising costs due to the number of claims, legal fees, etc., however, employees are rewarded with bonuses on top of salaries for poor customer service. The team concept in handling claims does not work because one person doesn't know what the other did, or why they did it. The team has high achievers and slackers - errors are made, work is completed incorrectly or not done. The customer pays.

Retiree benefits are removed - yet again, employee bonuses are consistent.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyPocket estimator

Chuck jenkins 52-B959-5T102 i want an onsite estimator, pocket estimator is bogus. I got 3 estimates from body shops and your estimate is completely not right. And yes it is external damage. I even sent in estimates. I mean pennies.. i should be entitled to and onsite estimater. Shame on you @statefarm. Minor damage but its the point and customer servie on phone was bad and they wouldnt give me # for corraspondance PLEASE RITE THIS WRONG @statefarm

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyI am complaining about my agency not being reliable

I have StateFarm policy since 2017 i have a full coverage in my vehicle couple days ago i had an accident which was not fault i have the police report I contacted my agency they told i have to pay my deductible then they will ago after the other insurance or i can straight go to the other drivers insurance company i did and they were taking too long to give me an answer an agent called me today to know how everything is going i told him my car is not in a good condition to drive am willing to pay the deductible can i get rental car until everything resolves he basically told me I don't have that in my policy and I contacted my agency and they said that same thing which is not true when I started the policy I clearly said i want to have that in my policy all this years i have been paying money for nothing i feel like I have been robbed and this is not the only time they did this type of thing I would appreciate if i get an answer as soon as possible thanks!

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyYou don't mess with my discount commercials

Look, I'm a woman. I don't consider myself to be overly feminist but your commercials should be on the syllabus in a college feminist issues class. Take the two commercials your company shows ad nauseum on pretty much every channel throughout the day. In the one that features the woman, she is portrayed as overwrought, obnoxious, shrill, and just plain nasty to those around her. In the one with the man, the guy is being challenged to a race and is portrayed as a big easygoing lovable doofus. I'm not one who usually notices these things but it smacks you in the face if you have half a brain. I would Stop portraying women this way. It's very negative and not likely to gain you new female customers in my opinion.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyBilling

I added our 2011 Toyota Camry in April 2019, since then our bill has not been correct. I have had State Farm for over 25 years and the majority of time it's been on auto draft to take what was owed/billed. For 6 months I have asked on three different occasions about our bill and told not only by the agent but by the app that "x" amount was correct and then a refund, to then be told we haven't paid a dime towards the vehicle. This is the third time Matt Lowe has messed up our insurance, which will be the last time. I do not feel that their mistake/error is our fault or now our problem. Please guide me on how this needs to be addressed. My name is April Tilley and I can be reached at [protected]. The agent has messed up my daughters claim as well and stated they understand that if we need to change companies as they don't understand why we were billed what we were billed. I would think State Farm would want us as customers as I have been with them for most of my adult life. Thank you for reviewing and I will be happy to forward to you the email from my agent admitting State Farm's error. I am hopeful someone will contact me.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyCommercial are retarded

Your commercials are retarded, especially the one with the pregnant woman yelling at the man driving her to the hospital. My god, I've never met a [censored] so annoying as much as her. Doesn't make sense for one and it's just a damn discount. Your man is trying to get you where you need to be and what if the baby was in trouble and your worried about a discount? You don't have to drive fast or slow to save your discount. Driving slow will get you killed and driving fast will get you killed if anything you're putting the mother and baby in danger. Other ways to make commercials and FYI pregnant women don't yell at their man like that going into labor.

Aug 31, 2019

State Farm Insurance — Complaint

This agent needs to be removed. She allowed a non licensed employee sell me life insurance and told me to...

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyCar insurance company

I was involved in a car accident with a driver who had Geico insurance. The state trooper and sheriff took statements from witnesses and determined that the Geico driver was at fault. The state trooper even marked that the other driver was at fault. Why would State Farm want me to take on some of the responsibility for the accident. I was so disappointed that State Farm would not support me in fighting Geico to pay for my damages and wanted me to take on some of the blame of the accident. The witnesses of the accident and the GA state trooper all stated and agreed that the other driver was at fault. State Farm is wrong for even wanting me to take on some of the burden. I'm filing a complaint with the Georgia Department of Insurance and Attorney General's Office against Geico.

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyState farm

When I call Lynn to try to see the status of my claim your staff is very rude leave messages they do not call you back and also Jonathan hung up on me refused to give me his last name and refused to let me speak with the manager Melanie Hoge is the one that supposed to be handling my claim I have not heard from her in over a week with any updates also leave messages and she never calls me back my son got hit by your client that's covered under State Farm he was drunk and ran a stop sign and totaled my sons car I am so glad I do not have you guys as an insurance company your hard enough to deal with to get a clean paid out Geico is so much better 😡

Jul 03, 2019

State Farm Insurance — Roof damaged by hail and wind

We had one hail storm 8/31/2018 that damaged the roof. We had another storm come through 4/3/2019 that caused...

Los Alamos
                          Jun 26, 2019

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company — Payment

Was told on June 17th a check would be sent to my Insurance agent, via next day. A letter (dated June 18th...

State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance CompanyInsurance

The State Farm commercial containing "Don't mess with my discount" is the most annoying commercial I'v ever seen! Totally stupid!!! No one wants to hear her loud screeching voice on the way to have a baby or her smug picture afterwards. Surely State Farm employs enough talented marketing specialists that can do a much better job promoting discounts than this.