Menu

reviews & complaints

State Farm Complaints Summary

110 Resolved
362 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from State Farm with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for State Farm has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of State Farm. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

State Farm complaints 472

Sort by:

Newest State Farm reviews & complaints

12:14 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Having held homeowners insurance with State Farm for over 26 years, I found the following handling of my 1st claim to be horrendous! (Problem was water entering living room floor of residence.) Claim filed 12/9/23, assigned to claims rep 12/11/23. I tried repeatedly to contact rep, Mike Smith, to no avail. He Says he left me voicemails, which he did...

S
6:37 pm EST

State Farm Home insurance

My house suffered a flood on September 21, 2023 and almost 80% was affected by the flood, State Farm is neglecting to pay for the repairs of this accident, it is even neglecting to pay the rent for the temporary house, we only received the first rent and To this day we are awaiting payments for the subsequent months, which are November, December, January and February. We even have receipts for food expenses that State Farm is not reimbursing us for. We have sent all the receipts and the rent payment checks more than 4 times to various adjusters and also to my insurance agent, but they keep neglecting the facts and keep ignoring my case, I have cancer and I spent all my money paying the expenses for renting the temporary house and also for food. I need get paid urgently for all that expenses for I can come back to my cancer treatment.

Claimed loss: $35000

Desired outcome: immediately reimbursement for all that expenses.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified State Farm representatives only. If you are affiliated with State Farm, please claim your business to access these details.

2:27 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The video located at the following link: https://youtu.be/StH4L_uzdbw?si=1-xK9YZwy0Ci69NI reveals a distressing event in which an African business owner was subjected to an act of robbery, driven by racial discrimination. It is essential that we collectively endeavor to make this video go viral to ensure that it gets the attention it rightly deserves. In...

Is State Farm legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals State Farm as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 23% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, State Farm stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering State Farm should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

State Farm earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: State Farm achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for State Farm. The company provides a physical address, 9 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of State Farm's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Statefarm.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows State Farm website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Statefarm.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up State Farm and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with State Farm's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 23% of 0 complaints were resolved.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to State Farm. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
10:39 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxIy... 🚨 MUST WATCH 🚨 🚨 MUST WATCH 🚨 🚨 MUST WATCH 🚨 😱 SHOCKING RACIAL DISCRIMINATION: African Business Owner ROBBED! 😢 💔🤬🙏 PLEASE HELP US MAKE THIS GO VIRAL! Please take a moment to watch this video and help us make it go viral! It shows the shocking racial discrimination that led to an African business owner being robbed...

11:51 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

P. C. Washington Attachments GOOD DAY SIR/MA'AM, I am contacting you in reference to a request that was made by my son 2 months ago and most recently by myself a week ago. My son is trying to update his military clearance and his driving history, as well as my reflecting a non-moving violation on a vehicle that was once in my name but signed over to...

12:02 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

End of Aug, we had hard rain resulting in sewer backup in my home, 34821 Michelle Dr., Romulus, Mi 48174 (claim 2255C229J). Your People right there, Serve Pro did 100% excellent job. Agent Curtis stated you would take care of everything, not to worry. About 1 month later I received a check in the mail for about $9800.00. I called Curtis Wolf, told him I...

U
3:07 pm EDT

State Farm Excuses to not pay for body work

my car was damaged while in the parking lot at a flea market. I did not see the damage to my car until the next day. I was told that because I didn't file a police report or have proof of what happened via a video camera I would have to pay for the damages myself or if they paid for it then my insurance rates would go really high.

My agent NEVER tried to call me about the situation. They said that they had but I answered all of my calls for weeks. I was also punished for not using the drive safe and save beacon. Then the last thing that happened is they have my debit card on file for auto pay. They tried charging me twice in one month so the funds were not there. I was getting billed through the mail to my old address and they have my new one! So they canceled my car insurance.

Desired outcome: I want to know that the agent in Wendell NC will be spoken to about this mess

O
9:31 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My Catalytic Converter was cut off my truck while I was on business in Houston, TX. Being that I live in Utah and was over a thousand miles from home this was scary for me. This happened on a Saturday so I tried calling my Agent, Vincent Campo out of the 8155 S 4800 W, West Jordan, Ut 84088 location of State Farm. There was no response, I texted him, still...

10:30 am EDT

State Farm Car repair

In July 2023 a tree fell on my car during a storm. My car is 2 years old and in perfect condition, up until that storm. State Farm sends me to a body shop that did not fix the damage but actually made it worse. Now state farm sends me to 2nd body shop after the state estimator came and looked at damage. Now 2nd body is not doing any better with fixing the damage. They 1st body shop got over spray paint all over the interior of my car, it is on the leather seats the dash, the speakers and vents. The inner lining of the roof has greasy hand prints and smudges all over. It is quite dirty and disgusting. This was a minor job that turned into a huge job.

Where do I go for help since my state farm agent is not helping me

Claimed loss: I have paid out of pocket for car rentalsI have spent countless hours on the phone with state farm claimsI have spent hours crying at the lack of care with fixing minor damage to my car and turning into a huge damage issue

Desired outcome: I want my 2020 CRV back in the perfect condition it was in. I also want the money I have shelled out for rental cars. I also want pain and suffering compensation.

T
8:08 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Thank you in advance for your review of the following detailed and accurate description about my complaint against State Farm. Ever since I was struck from behind in stopped traffic by a State Farm driver in a dreadful accident on July 13, 2023, my claimant interactions involving the callous State Farm claims representative "T.R."have been fraught with her...

2:34 pm EDT

State Farm Auto insurance

My vehicle was involved in a three-way collision with Statefarm being the main liable cause of the accident causing my car to be rear ended back in September 19th. I've spoken to the Ben [protected] who has been extremely uncooperative and continues to lie about the police report. I have yet to hear from his Manager Dan [protected] and I'm extremely upset at the lack of time and consideration it's taken to be responded too. My Claim is 52565928S.

Desired outcome: I would just like my vehicle to be repaired back to its originality before the accident. I can be contacted at [protected]@gmail.com

C
2:03 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm dealing with 2 claims for my brother-in-law which State Farm illegally steered from our repair facility in a recorded conversation. The first claim number is 53-56Q793B and the second claim number is 53-56Q798J. These claims were submitted nearly 30 days ago and he still does not have an approved repair estimate on either vehicle. State Farm refused our...

8:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I filed a claim with State Farm on October 13, 2023. What happened was that I had a toilet replaced with a new one. When the installer was getting ready to install said new toilet, he discovered that the bottom of the old toilet was sealed with caulk. He also discovered that there is mold in the area where the old toilet was. He was so concerned, he...

View 0 more photos
L
3:09 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

State Farm has partially denied my claim stating there is no evidence of hail damage on multiple areas of my roof. I have had a couple of different roofing companies inspect my roof the past year and each roofing company has photographed and documented hail damage. State Farm had their adjuster come out and inspect my roof and they denied damage, except for...

Y
9:32 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

One morning, I noticed quite a fair bit of water under my dishwasher and dried that up, turned off the water source. We had used the dishwasher the night before. Over the next day or two, i noticed the hardwood floor was uneven and had swelled, and i removed the bottom panel of the dishwasher and noticed some persistent water under the dishwasher. I dried...

5:12 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

January 2019 living in Connecticut and drove a friend home in Bronx NY. It was late and I got lost and was hit by a car trying to pass me and turn right before I did. Hit front driver's door, tire area and bumper, and pushed my front passenger side into steel subway girder. Driver got out and gave me his name and number and said he would pay for damage...

8:28 am EDT

State Farm Claim repair shop and rental company

The 5+ body shop did a horrible job fixing my car after a tree fell on it. They put in a used roof, which has many dents an is extremely dirty on the inner roofing. It also appears that someone painted the inside of my car and dripped all over my dash, leather seats, speakers and floor. Enterprise overcharged me $500 for 4 extra days on my rental, even though state farm approved extended rental. My car is only 2 years old and was worth $40,000. Now maybe 10.

I need help. Current agent is not trying to help.

Desired outcome: I want car fixed to perfectionI want my rental fees reimbursedI need a new covered rental while my car is being re-fixed

S
10:59 am EDT

State Farm Homeowners Insurance

Over 2 years waiting for a roof claim - we continue to get water damage every time it rains, new areas of interior celling damage in over 5 rooms now - and they just ask you to file a new clam yet do nothing about the fact that the roof needs fixing first. We are continually told to find out if replacement shingles are available- which they are not, and even if they were they available, they would not match the old ones on my roof due to wear and exposure to elements over the last 20 years. Even the manufacture told us they will not match, and we will have a patchwork quilt on our roof, to which the State Farm rep responded " oh they don't have to match as long as they are the same tiles... - what do we pay premiums for, to be treated like fools. We have had adjustors from two major insurance companies working on neighbors' roofs stop by to tell us - you need a new roof, but our insurance Company doesn't think so, the worst neighbor to ever have is State Farm.

K
12:29 pm EDT

State Farm Auto Claim

A State Farm customer back into my rear car door. They will only accept 60% liablity when I literally had no way to avoid her backing into me. Any impartial observer would clearly see I had no to way of avoiding this accident, and their claims expert used my own statement out of context to tell me that I saw thier driver, when my actual statement was that "by the time I saw her, I had no way avoid the accident". Their claims expert, would only repeat the statement to me that I said I saw her, compleltly ingnoring the rest of my statement. My insurance, Country denied their request for 40% coverage of their drivers damage, and my rep clearly told me this is State Farm taking advantage of the fact I only have liablilty insurance on my vehicle.

D
9:41 am EDT

State Farm Homeowners insurance

I've been a client of Statefarm ever since the purchase of my home in 2004. I have been recently told that my homeowner's insurance would not be renewed because of too many claims. I checked the claims in question and there were 2 claims in 2022 that I did not pursue, these should be removed - because I only called with a question on a possible claim. I have all my cars (3) with State Farm, also the Umbrella Insurance and a Statefarm credit card. I have been a loyal customer for almost 20 years and feel that they are treating me like a number.

Please help me

Desired outcome: Reinstatement

View 0 more photos
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

State Farm contacts