ProGrant Solutions/Greendotfake grant check scam

I received my fake check June 6, 2011, the date of the check is 05/31/2011, for $986.64. I am supposed to cash the check and send $402.00 back on a greendot money card. After reading the attachment which was full of spelling mistakes, I knew this was a scam. I did a search and found this website, I always google search when something does not smell right. These fools need to be caught, they are taking advantage of people by taking their money and putting them in a financial bind. This is of course from Kathleen Hennessey - an independent grant broker. Also, I noticed this blurb, "If you cash or deposit this check and fail to grant the 4.02% commission fee withing 5 days, you will not receive your other larger payment of $9, 014 and your case will be turned over to a collections agency. In this event, you will be required to repay the full 100% of the attached check at once and failure to do so will reflect negatively on your credit report for a period of seven years. So please remember to pay your commission!" - real scary, think not.

• Di
    DisgustedWithScams Nov 18, 2011

I received the EXACT check yesterday in the amount of $942.30 and it says I have to pay her a %5 comission fee of the total 10, 000 grant. I would get the remainder after I faxed the number of the money pak. Her name is Hanna Robertson.

• Oh
    Oh me Nov 09, 2011

I, too received a check for a grant. I am suppose to send money back using the GreenDot card. I had additional instructions that I needed to get done before cashing the post dated check. It was noted that if I do not comply, then they would cancel the check. I had to mail out 400 grant letters, and they provided me with the 400 addresses. I did not send out anything. Everyone says it's too good to be true. Is there anyone else who was given these instructions? I feel victimized by these people, with the economy as bad as it is, we have to deal with these crooks. I agree, they should be sought after and punished for thier scam. Things are hard enough, with the economy the way it is. Luckily, most of us did not contribute to these low-life, blpod sucking, heartless individuals.

• De
    Denise Barnhart Oct 19, 2011

I just received a check for $ 986.26. I am glad I looked it up first. Same question as others. does anyone know where to take it so these people can get caught. This is robbery and they need to get caught before someone else ends up penniless.

Annonomous2011 Sep 22, 2011

I too received this false check, And I am taking it to the F.B.I. I have scanned both copies of everything, before I had accidentally already cashed it, now I it was a false check, and now I am going to loose my bank account, because I cant pay it back, to my bank! Secondly I am calling Key Bank, to file a complaint, as well as reporting their domain name for scams & phishing this is F**KING REDICULAS! BOGAS GRANTS! If you receive this check in the mail, or similar DO NOT CASH IT! AND DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THEM!

Joyce 8258 Sep 15, 2011

Just got a check today for $949.81 from Greendot's Progrant Service. Mine was from Dianna Olsen. Kinda figured it was a scam. To good to be true. Am supposed to cash or deposit and send them $500 on a greendot money pak. They would them send me the remainig $9051.00 by airmail. I should take it to my bank also and see if they will investigate it. These people need to be stopped. Thanks to all for the heads up. JH in PA

• Ca
    CARLY2902 Aug 31, 2011

I FELL FOR THIS SCAM, BECAUSE I HAD BEEN UNEMPLOYED AND RECEIVED A LETTER FROM ESC GIVING ME AN 800 # TO CALL TO APPLY FOR GRANTS TO ASSIST IN BRINGING MY BILLS CURRENT.CHECK WAS RET FOR INSUFFICIENT FUNDS AND MY BANK IS GETTING AN INVESTIGATION UNDERWAY. I SURE HOPE THEY CATCH THIS DIANNA OLSEN THAT IS ON THIS PAPERWORK THAT I HAVE AND GIVING TO THE INVESTIGATOR.

• Mr
    mrs206 Aug 11, 2011

i just got a check today in the amount of $939.62, req that i deposit the check and send them $407.00, the funds must be placed on a GREENDOT Money PAK card and then fax at [protected] or [protected] the money pak# along with the activation # pritned on the receipt at time of purchase. I'm so keeping this check just in case they are ever caught i can sedn this in as evidence. my letter was signed by Dianna Olsen. fist clue this was a scam i did not apply for a grant 2nd the check did not have any watermarks or security features.

• Pd
    pdad48 Jul 12, 2011

Hangem HIGH!!
    These People Are Worse Than Any Criminal!! They Cause Many Hours of missery and rob those that can least afford it!! I am a vietnam Veteran Trying To Start My Life Over With The help of A grant ! Does Anyone Know Where To Find A real grant writter? Need Help have ptsd!!

• Pd
    pdad48 Jul 12, 2011

Is anyone looking into catching The Persons that are doing this????
    Does Anyone Know Where TO get help with getting a grant? If So Please Send information To( [email protected])

They Are Looking To Build Jobs Finding these people Would Be A Great Job For someone Who knew how to trace The @#^^&#&^%!! And bring them to justice!!
    [email protected]

Cheroki4975 Jun 10, 2011

WE HAVE RECEIVED A CHECK FROM PROGRANTSOLUTIONS AND THE PERSONS NAME ON THE LETTER WAS KATHLEEN HENNESSEY. WE WERE TO CASH THE CHECK AND PUT 401.00 ON A GREENDOT MONEYPAK CARD WITHIN 5 DAYS. THEN WE WOULD RECEIVE THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF THE GRANT WHICH WAS 9, 014.00 BY AIRMAIL EXPRESS THE NEXT DAY. THIS PERSON NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT AND PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN JUST LIKE EVERYONE HERE. PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ONHOW TO PROCEED WITH THIS SITUATION PLEASE CONTACT US AT [email protected], ATTENTION BILLY & TAMMY ELLIS. THANK YOU MR AND MRS. ELLIS.

• Sn
    Snaxredd Jun 08, 2011

I feeel the smae way. I just got a check today but what got me is that a grant doesnt have to be repaid, but if u didnt send them money u would be turned over to collections agent

• Cy
    Cynthia Ward Jun 07, 2011

Thank God I did not deposit this fake check in my bank account. I am disappointed that people are running fraud scams like this on people. This is the way of this world. Liars Liars and more Liars!

• Sh
    shy1987 Jun 07, 2011

I also received a check for $986.12 and asking me to send back $401.00. Just like everyone who applied for this we need the money. I took mines to Key Bank, since it was drawn from that bank. I wanted to see if it was real. Guess what, it is a scam. I just wanted to let everyone know who was wondering, before someone deposit it into their personal account.

• Lo
    loydboy Jun 04, 2011

Hello, I also recivied a check for $986.63 and asking me to send back $402.00 after cashing if anyone get anymore information on this matter could you email me at [email protected]

• Da
    datherton Jun 04, 2011

I received my "Grant" check today as well on June 4, 2011. It seems to be almost identical to your except the amount is $986.69. And the remainder of my total grant is $9, 014.00. I am supposed to repay them $401.00 within 5 days of cashing or depositing the check. Have you looked into this any farther? If you find out anything else I would love to know could you email me at [email protected] and let me know. It looks like someone out there should do something to these people, because I for one could really use the money! I am going to take my check to my bank on Monday and ask them if they can help me get something done to stop these people from misleading people!