Menu
Angel Investment Network
reviews & complaints

Angel Investment Network
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

41 complaints
25 resolved 16 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Angel Investment Network. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
B
7:43 am

Angel Investment Network - Service

When I first posted my idea for funding I received a few messages in response. Two were immediately removed by the security team. When I emailed them to ask why, they reported that they were flagged as a scam by other people who had the same messages. Only one was left. A woman who looked at my post, but who didn't have the ability to fund it, as she wa...

11:35 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Angel Investment Network - To Post my business on their website to find funding and investors with guaranteed results

I signed up in June of 2021 to promote my business on Angel Investment Network. Not only did I sign up for their service, but also signed up for expert review of my pitch and I was encouraged. Then the site guaranteed a refund if no investment offers were made in the three month trial. In the three months I was posting on the website, I had two legitamate people contact me and two scammers contact me as well. Of the two good contacts they stated up front that they though I had a great idea for a business, but was not interested in investing. The other good contact thanked me for the good community service I was doing, but up front said that he would not invest. Others were scammers. When I asked for a refund, I was told that the two encouragers qualified as contacts. I explained that I was to be guaranteed offers in three months, they renegged and I got bupkis.

Desired outcome: refund

N
1:58 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Angel Investment Network - Andrew gomez with angel investment network (Scam)

Hello Nakia, How are you doing over there, I am pleased to inform you that the funds for the orphanage and your weekly payment has been sent and schedule to deliver to you today via Fedex courier service with the tracking number (8564 0414 2982). Once you got the check kindly proceed to your bank to have the check deposited ( MAKE SURE THE CHECK IS...

E
2:39 pm

Angel Investment Network - Finding private investors

I opened a profile on AngelInvestmentNetwork.us (which has their home offices in the UK, according to the website). There was no information about pricing when I started the profile. Once I completed the profile, including uploaded documents, the pricing screen came up. I could purchase "expert help" at different levels for different prices. I didn't choose...

2:29 pm

Angel Investment Network - Craigslist posting for Admin assistant

I gave my resume for this position...But after I got "hired" for the position...I read the email and was like IT'S A SCAM...This is what I received...Re: Administrative Assistance Dear Applicant, Thanks for your response toward the Personal assistance position that I posted. I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good...

M
5:46 pm

Angel Investment Network - SCAM

I responded to an ad on craigslist for a personal assistant and received this email from the person who placed the ad:

Hello,

Thanks for applying for the post, I appreciate it. I received and read your message and it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.
I'm Alex Williams, 54 yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in. from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.
This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.you need to have an active email and phone number..
As my assistant, your activities among other things will include:

*Running personal errands.
*Scheduling programmes, keeping me up to date with them..
*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
*Book keeping i:e keeping proper records of everything .
*Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.
*Basic wage is $400 a week .

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently not in the states.i am currently in Glasgow UK.. I will be back next month.
I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week but definitely wouldn't be more than 15hours weekly If you can manage your time properly, this job gives you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use this week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.
I'm online most of the time so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working..

I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands which will include proper record keeping . some funds will be sent to you and i will have a list sent to you, once you received the funds. You will have to create a simple ledger which will state the names of client, services rendered, amount paid, method of payment, and date.

I will like you to get back to me with your contact details such as:
Contact Address NO P.O BOX:
Zip-Code:
Phone Number:
Age:

Once I receive your contact information, I will get back to you with more on the task for this week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip.
I hope i am clear with that?
Hope to hear from you soon...

Mr. Alex Williams

L
Feb 29, 2012 4:44 am

The woman posting this is a deadbeat who owes over $38, 000 in child support and hasn't worked in over 2 years. She is also a child abuser and thinks she is a dominatrix. She is a LYING parasite who uses people to meet her own needs. I hope she is held accountable for the way she lives her sorry life!

S

why is this the only complaint anywhere about alex williams if this is a scam

Feb 05, 2012 4:44 am

Mr Williams his not a scam he once employed me but i traveled that was why he needed someone to take my position. Mr Williams is married and he has children of his, he is a very wealthy man.

S

why do you say this is a scam? I applied and have been excepted for this position.

G
5:16 pm

Angel Investment Network - Employment - PA

ALWAYS NOTICE THE EMAIL - 2 different names from 2 different email providers

From: dave donovan
To:
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:54 AM
Subject: Personal Assistant Needed !

Dear Sir/Ma,
I'm Dave Donovan, 49 yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities. Seeking motivated, determined personality type that has the ability to work well with others. Busy executive needs someone to assist with time management, running errands, assisting in all areas of setting up meetings and scheduling appointments, travel arrangements as needed and other duties as assigned. Excellent computer and phone skills necessary..
This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. As my assistant, your activities among other things will include:
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
*Scheduling pro grammes, flights and keeping me up to date with them..
*Basic wage is $500 a week .

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in New York. I will be back in Three Weeks.
I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.
I'm on line most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer to we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month.

I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:

Full Contact / Mailing Address:
Zip-Code:
Phone Number:
Marital Status:
Email Address:

Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?
Please get back as soon as possible...
Thanks.

Dave.

K

This scam has now appeared in a Florida newspaper employment ads...2 ads to be exact and I too fell into and prior did some research. The letter I got was almost identical to those posted. My gut told me that there was something up with this and that is why I investigated further. He used the name Thomas Lahey, Lahey Computer Systems, CEO!

5:21 pm

Angel Investment Network - big time scam

Hello,
I just reviewed your resume/Career profile and contact details and i am accepting applications for a PA position available. I need PA to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.

I'm Thomas Waldrom, 50 yrs of age, originally from London, UK. I spent a whole lot of my life in Ireland. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a
handful of ventures I get involved in from the Angel Investment Network in Ireland and United State to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

Basic wage is £400 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in the Germany now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.If You will be available for this job position, get back to me with your confirmation email.

Thomas

i received this email after sending him my details through gum tree in search for a job, he sent me a travellers cheque today just realised that it was a scam im really worried.

C
4:55 pm

Angel Investment Network - Personal Assistant scam

BEWARE PEOPLE!

Have been in contact with this person only to find out today that it is a scam and sadly I have given over my cv details. This is the email that I got back.

Basic wage is £400 a week

Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:53:01 +0100
To: [email protected]
Subject: Reply to your ad: Receptionist

Hi there Nicholas James, you have received a reply to your Gumtree posting "Receptionist" (ad# 81011791)
Hello I have seen your ad and I am interested in the position.

Hide full review

I've been reading all these blogs! WOW I just went through the same ! all accept for the Money Orders sent to me were Validated through my Bank! I'm scared of those details. This Person was asking for a P/A and said he was a retired lawyer named( Ken Mooris)! Who also was in the UK for a summit! He wanted to eventually meet up with me and have coffee and a nice conversation about how to make this long term.
I hope Whoever reads this Doesn't fall victim to this SCAM!

BE ON THE LOOKOUT!
here is what they look like!

T

I have just been Scammed and this is the letter i received 4 times.

Hello,

I'm Thomas Waters, 50 yrs of age, originally from London, UK . I spent a whole lot of my life in Ireland . I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a

Basic wage is £350 a week

This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on. This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in the Germany now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.If You will be available for this job position, get back to me with your confirmation to my email.

T
3:33 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Angel Investment Network - Fraud -- Sending Money to Employees from Outside the U.S.

Re: Special Supervisors Assistant
Monday, March 21, 2011 3:53 PM
From: "[email protected]" Add sender to Contacts
To: XXXXXXXXXX

Hello,
Am offering this position for the post of Supervisor assistant and also entails monitoring and supervising, So I will give this a go.I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable, someone with good understanding and working skills.I am Mr Collins Abramham, 45 yrs of age, I'm an industrialist by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

This position is home-office based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.

As my Supervisor assistant, your activities among others will include:

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
*Basic wage is $1, 600 a month .

*Ability to multi-task and self manage/24/7 mindset
*A willingness to do whatever needs to be done is a must

NOTE: The above qualification requirements can also be learn if you are willing to take up the challenges.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in Ireland for a summit. I will be back in Six Weeks time.

I think you're the right person for this post, Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time work and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week. If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible.I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with. I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me is to run some errands out to some of the Charity home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of Certified Us Payment, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds.You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:

First Name :
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Full Street Address(not PO BOX) :
Email Address:

Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for the week ahead. Please understand that you will also be paid ($400 a week) as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

NOTE: This position is a flexible part time job, you can be in any location, doing all the activities and if there is any relocation you will be notify.

Position Applied For_________________

How often do you check your email:______________
Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't
work with the hours i requested

Days/Hours You will be available:
Friday____
Saturday____
Sunday____

Hours Available: from_______ to______

What date are you available to start work?________________

Please get back as soon as possible...

Mr Abramham.
www.angelinvestmentnetwork.ca

Copyright 2011 © Yahoo! Inc. Privacy Policy | About Our Ads | Terms of Service | Send Feedback | Help

N
3:08 pm

Angel Investment Network - Now the scammer is using a woman's name

Boy, am I glad I got a hinky feeling about the "to good to be true" job offer I got from this person and checked it out further. I see from the multitude of ongoing complaints that this job scam with payment via money order, etc., has been going on for a long time. NOW, the person is using a lady's name as the attorney of reference, not a man's name anymore...

7:07 am

Angel Investment Network - unknown

The complaints seem to be piling up. The person is now using the name Ry Banner. Looking for a personal assistant. I will paste the entire e-mail response I received from him while looking for employment. Please do not fall for this. In these hard times, people like this should be arrested for taking advantage of people.

Hello
Thanks for your interests in the PA position My name is Ryan Banner, 40 years old, Originally from (Gerona)Spain, but I have spent my whole life here in United State. I'm a Business owner by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in, from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs, Presently i own KNY LTD so I' often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.As my assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;

*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitorings.
*Scheduling programmed, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
Basic wage is $400 a week

Please note that this position is not an office based Job for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others, so it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side.As I have said, I'd want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with, I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually.

Permit me to use this week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I'm confident you can take up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us. I'm hardly online most of the time when I'm not out or in a meeting so we should be able to have a chat sooner than you think. Do try to keep a date.. I will be glad if you are willing to work with me as i do need someone that's committed and reliable.
Ryan Banner

12:17 pm

Angel Investment Network - SCAM/FRAUD

I recieved this email this morning from Henry George, a 53 yr old man from Australia, at 5:24 AM in reply to a Career Builders job posting. However the email Subject Line said 'Re: CareerBuilder Job Application: Manager Accounts Receivable'...But he responded in the letter to: 'I received your resume in response to the ad for Personal Accounting...

B
7:53 am

Angel Investment Network - SCAM

I responded to an ad on craigslist, this guy is way to much!!! Here is his plot, and also our ongoing conversation. He really thinks hes got me... this is all the messages.. from me, and from him. watch as he trys to claim his innocence. Day 1: From: [email protected] To: ME Subject: RE: Office Assistant Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:48:40 -0400 Hello...

G
2:06 pm

Angel Investment Network - Dr Alfred Spencer

I recently responded to an advertisment on E-Bay Classifieds for a part time bookkeeper in Fort Lauderdale: The response I received after submitting my resume was as follows and clearly a scam. I listened to my gut and did the search - wish we could catch these guys:

Thanks for your interests in the position i posted, I deeply appreciate your genuine efforts on applying for this job position.
I just went through your resume and i think you have all it takes to be employed for this job position, I need PA to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities.I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been.
I am Dr Alfred Spencer, 44 yrs of age, originally from Chicago, Illinois, I spent a whole lot of my life in Maine.I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United States to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy bookeeper who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.
As my assistant/bookeeper, your activities amongst other things will include.

Basic wage is $500 a week

I'm currently in the UK now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be available for me. This can act as a stable foundation to our working relationship.If You will be available for this job position, send me a confirmation e-mail with the immediate effect.I look forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards
Alfred

8:10 am

Angel Investment Network - Angel Investment Network - Fraud / Scam

I responded to a PA job posting from Craigslist and received the following information which I am strongly suspicious about its truthfulness and credibility. Thank god I googled it before attempting to answer. Such a scheme has received numerous complaints which I believe it would get me into trouble. Hopefully this message could give some one else a friendly reminder.

Hello,

Thanks for applying for the post, I quite I appreciate it. I received and read your e-mail and it's reasonable and acceptable. So I will give this a go.

I am Lee Johnson, 41yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

to meet up with my irregular timings.

*A willingness to do whatever needs to be done is a must

NOTE: The above qualification requirements can also be learnt if you are willing to take up the challenges.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in France for a summit. I will be back in Three Weeks time.

Email Address:

back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

NOTE: This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location, work from your home doing all the activities.

Lee Johnson

Sep 08, 2010 4:44 am

I just recieved the same email through craigslist and seen the ad posting through careerbuilder. I am so glad you guys posted this because even though it sounded to good to be true when he started talking cashiers checks and buying toys for kids at some orphanage and running packages it just sounded fishy. Here is what I got in response.
"[Message: Unread]

To:
M
[Away] Garcia-Smith, Marie Esther
[Send Error Report] [Copy error details to clipboard]

I am Christopher Baumann, 41yrs of age, I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United State to various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy assistant who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them. My only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so i need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.

*Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
*Basic wage is $550 a week .

*A willingness to do whatever needs to be done is a must

I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me next week is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of Cashier check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that.

Email Address:

Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for next week. Please understand that you will also be paid as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

Christopher Baumann"

Stay away! scammer!

P
Aug 29, 2010 4:44 am

[email protected]

Hello,

to meet up with my irregular timings.

Email Address:

back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

Lee Johnson

PORTLAND, OREGON CRAIGSLIST SCAM

A
Aug 28, 2010 4:44 am

I just received this too. Obviously a scam. Sad that they prey on people needing employment, but such is how these scams work. Always be wary if someone doesnt respond to you by name or uses poor grammar and syntax (especially someone claiming to be an attorney). This was pretty easy to spot; just hope people question it.

12:31 pm

Angel Investment Network - Michael J David

EMAIL 1:

Hello,

Hope you're having a pleasant day today You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on Craigslist. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on.

My profile briefly:
I'm Michael J. David's, 52, and a father of 2 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

I have had a previous PA who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a way. I found her previously on the craigslist website and I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally. The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access. You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.

Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities as my assistant amongst other things will include;

* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
* A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me up to date with them as they come up;
* Carrying out specific projects and research;
* Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely with management and other staff related to me;
* Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
* You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues as they arise.
* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $550 a week.

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the end of each working week.

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact number of hours you will be doing, just bear it in mind that there will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings. There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in Thailand now for a project, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the following details about yourself for my personal record update and to filter applicants;

Home Phone Number
Cell Phone Number
Age

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working relationship.

Michael J. David

EMAIL 2:

C
1:04 am

Angel Investment Network - SCAM....Too Good to be true

Ughh I knew this was too good to be true! I found this ad on craig list about a personal assistant position.
"Mr. July Mofty" replied back saying he would pay $450 a week to assist him. I will admit I was Suckered in for a good minute mainly because I've been desperate for a job ;...
A couple of red flags came up especially his name...Why the hell would anyone name their son July unless the person forgot to change "father " into "mother of two". I know this sounds weird but also the part where he claims to have two beautiful children...50 with young kids somehow that made me wonder.

The great part about the message is in the beginning
"Do take time to go through this introductory mail and feel free to pass any questions on." and so I did take my time...I read and re-read the letter...every time I did it made me even more skeptical so I decided to do research. Their website was a dead give away, it didn't look professional at all and good thing I ran into this site...
thank god my research paid off ... Thank You Complaints Board ;}

=====================================================================

My profile briefly:
I'm July Mofty, 50, and a father of 2 wonderful kids, a successful entrepreneur and investor, a member of the Angel Investment Network. I'm also a research journalist and I travel every now and then within and outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $450 a week.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm currently in England now for a project, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival.
Phone Number (H)
Phone Number (M)
Sex
Marital status

July Mofty.

H
Jul 23, 2010 4:44 am

Hey don't feel like the lone ranger. I fell for this ### scam too and I created a fake email address and got the EXACT same email as you just this morning (I already found out I got ###ed over yesterday from the previous Ad I answered for a personal assistant. Google JAMES MAKINWA and you will see all kinds of bad stuff I posted. I attached one of my posts to his post hahahahaha

Y
Jul 20, 2010 4:44 am

Thank you! I too responded to this ad and found the same things a little odd. Funny how it's the exact e-mail word for word...

8:08 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Angel Investment Network - Assistant Scam job!!

I applied for a job as a personal assitant on Craigs list and thought it would be a dream come true. I received the email below and was so excited! Although in the back of my mind i thought that something smelled fishy. So before responding to the email with further information I took the liberty of doing some research. I couldn't find a "Matthew Tallon" who was an entrepreneur at all and I also came across almost EXACTLY the same email that other people had gotten with some minor details tweaked. This guy is sick and needs to be shut down. It is so wrong to screw with people's heads like this and get their hopes up. Beware of him!

fromMatt Tallon
tojordan jared

dateWed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:59 PM
subjectMore Details
mailed-bygmail.com
signed-bygmail.com

hide details 3:59 PM (2 hours ago)

Hello,

Hope you're having a pleasant day today.

You contacted me applying for the position which I advertised on
Craigslist.. Do take time to go through this introductory mail and
feel free to pass any questions on.

I'm Matthew Allon, 48, a divorced father of 2 wonderful kids, a
successful entrepreneur, sport analyst and investor, a member of the
Angel Investment Network. I travel every now and then within and
outside the US working on various independent projects, this is why I
need someone who can help keep up to date with all of my activities
especially when I'm away and amidst my busy schedule.

I have had a previous secretary who has been very commendable in her
activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she
has since moved on with her personal life and it has affected me in a
way. I found her previously on the craigslist website and I sincerely
hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as
she has been.

Please note that you are being hired only on a personal level. All
correspondences would be made and promptly reported to me personally.
The position is part time and home-based meaning you can work most
times from your home as long as you have a regular internet access.
You are also hired on a trial basis for now until we are able to see
how well we fit in, this however does not affect your weekly wage.

Most of your activities will be carried out locally and most official
packages will be delivered via posts. You will be actively involved in
my personal, business and financial life. In summary, your activities

as my assistant amongst other things will include;

* Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
* A personal reminder for Schedules, programs, flights and keeping me
up to date with them as they come up;
* Carrying out specific projects and research;
* Taking on some of the my responsibilities and working more closely
with management and other staff related to me;
* Processing and taking charge of weekly payments and purchases.
* You will also be a part of my household and a helping hand to issues
as they arise.

Basic weekly wage : $500.00
Monthly : $2000.00

Any extra personal expenses (transport, gas, etc) incurred by you
while on an errand or otherwise will also be reimbursed by me at the
end of each working week.Please add me on my yahoo messenger account
so we can chat sometimes when i am online([email protected])

This position is very flexible and it is difficult judging the exact
number of hours you will be doing, just bear it in mind that there
will be busier weeks than others with a steady pay. Working with me is
basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that
I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be
able to meet up with my irregular timings.

There is also a very sensitive issue on trust, dedication and
accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.

This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able
to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially. I'm
currently in England now for a project, however, I do have a number of
things you could help me with immediately, prior to my arrival.

Due to the excessive number of responses to my Ad, do provide the
following details about yourself for my personal record update and to
filter applicants;

Phone Number (H)
Phone Number (M)
Occupation (if any)

I hope you can be available for me immediately before I arrive, it
certainly can act as a stable foundation to our impending working
relationship.

Mr.Allon

Hide full review

Some sort of action needs to be taken against these sick people. Messing with poeple who are trying to find a job the right way and not scamming someone to get by in life. I'm so appauled by this!

Jul 22, 2010 4:44 am

I also answered this ad and received the same email back. I did send him my name, phone # and address, but that is all. I received an email from him this morning telling me I would be receiving a check via FedEx today for the amount of $3487.00. I was to take the check to MY bank, cash it, take my $500.00 for weekly wage and then Western Union the rest to a Latoya Kennedy. This was infact a tracking # that I did look up and the letter is at the local FedEx office in my town. OH I will be taking this to my bank and then to the police station. Lets see Mail Fraud---Bank Fraud--and I am sure I can come up with some more charges.

F
Jul 21, 2010 4:44 am

Thank you for posting this, I got the same exact email, I'm so glad I checked before I sent him my information.

R
2:48 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Angel Investment Network - SCAM!

I am a little nervous that this man has my information, but i'm going to pass this along in hopes that it won't happen to another girl. This is the email i received from "David Graham" who has obviously gone by a million other names, as I observed when I found this site.

"I received your resume in response to the ad on Craigslist for a Clerical General Clerk, I will deeply appreciate all genuine efforts to help me monitor and keep up to date with all my activities. I have had a previous Clerk who has been very commendable in her activities and who has been part of my life for the past 6 months, she has since returned to her country. I sincerely hope I will be able to find someone again who will be as efficient as she has been. I'm David, 52, originally from Australia, but I have spent a whole lot here in United States. I'm a lawyer by profession and I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures I get involved in; from the Angel Investment Network in Canada and United States to various welfare and community service programs, I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy Clerk who can monitor and keep me up to date with my activities.

As my Clerical General Clerk, your activities amongst other things will include;
* Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring.
* Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them.
* Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away.
* Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf.
* Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities.
* Basic wage is $500 a week

is I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.There is
also a very sensitive issue on trust and accountability which I believe will resolve itself as time goes on.. This is only
currently in the Queensland Australia now for a summit, however, I do have a number of things you could help me with this

CEO
David Graham
MR GADGET INT"

V
Jul 22, 2010 4:44 am

This is horrible and disturbing. As you as looking for work, you are thinking someone has actually replied back to you. I am glad I researched the "Angel Investment Network" scam to find these comments. Hope others would do the same

* General clerical activities.

Basic wage is $550 a week.

Home Phone Number
Cell Phone Number

Michael J. Davids

Jul 19, 2010 4:44 am

Thank you guys for this information. He's back at it again. But this time he's Michael J. David.

Jun 28, 2010 4:44 am

I wouldn't worry too much about him having your personal information. He has mine now as I've applied for this position. He won't be able to get very far with that information either. *lol* But that's because I've got things in place to avoid it from happening. My phone numbers listed are on the do not call list. The cops here don't like it when a woman gets harassed so IF I need to call them to report such things, it won't go over well. Then my address and my name--both are common here and finding me will prove difficult. My address is not listed with my name nor is my name attached to my husband's name. My name is common to where if he tried to pull it, he'd end up having a hard time locating me exactly and wouldn't be able to get my SSN or Driver's License number or passport. He would have to know the last 4 of my Social to get anywhere if he were to call and he would have to know ALL of my Social and date of birth to run search on the internet for me. So basically he's SOL. :-)

Angel Investment Network contacts