Portfolio Recovery AssociatesScam and cheating

Out of the blue in early September 2008 I received a call from a creditor claiming to be collecting debt. I knew I didn't have any outstanding debt, so I took the call in good faith believing that this was an honest mistake that could be easily cleared up. The creditor had my name incorrect and and incorrect address history and claimed I owed a debt from 1991 (I was still in high school then). I told them it was definitely not my debt. They asked for my bank account information and threatened to ruin my credit. I told them I would not give them my information and that this was not my debt. That I would investigate further. They called my several times a day, harassed my underaged daughter, and told me I would be sorry when they put a damaging report on my credit. I raced to get a copy of my credit report to see if this mysterious debt appeared there. It did not. There was no record of this debt at all on my credit report. BUT there was a new hard inquiry for 'collections' from portfolio recovery associates. I have written them and asked them to remove the illegal hard inquiry, which violates the fair credit reporting act. The inquiry remains on my credit report. I don't know what to do to combat this fraud.

• La
    Lara Mar 31, 2009

I received a horrible phone call at work today from a representative from Portfolio Recovery concerning a very old account that has been at least 10 years old and is not showing on my credit reports as positive or negative.

i immediately told her not to ever call my work but she would not listen to me and kept yelling at me so I hung up on her. This was out of the blue. I am having financial problems right now and some major physical problems but to be contacted by this company and treated with such dis-respect it's like they appeared out of the woodwork to collect some part of a scam.

I do not deserve this kind of treatment and I am fighting mad!

• De
    DebtCollectorWatchdog Apr 23, 2009

Under the UCC, you have the right to demand "verification" of any debt. "Verification" is a written statement, notarized under penalty of perjury, that you owe a debt. They will not provide such a statement because they know that they UCC requires that, before a third party can collect a debt, they have to have the principle's permission in writing for the debt to be sold to the third party. If you didn't sign such a statement, then Portfolio cannot legally collect the debt. They know this. That's why they won't put it on your credit record. It would be fraud. That's why they won't declare under oath and penalty of perjury that you owe them the debt. They can't prove that you gave permission for them to purchase the debt, which means you don't owe the debt to them. If they declared that you did under penalty of perjury, then they would be guilty of perjury. If you want to shut these people down, file a complaint against them with the Federal Trade Commission, and your State's State Corporation Commission. When they get enough complaints, this company will be investigated.

William Bensley, Esquire Jun 13, 2009

You should contact a qualified consumer protection attorney right away. You can find one by consulting the National Association of Consumer Advocates website. Good luck.

• Lu
    Lucy Jun 14, 2009

I received a notice in the mail from PRA stating that I have a balance of over $11, 000. This was what the judge charged off on a bankruptcy back in 1995. I plan to go after this company legally if they make one little mark on my credit report. This is not legal! First of all it was charged off 14 years ago and secondly the statute of limitations has surely run out a long time ago. There are absolutely no judgments against me. I plan to contact my state attorney general about this matter and I also plan to contact all the local news, television and newspaper.

• Ex
    exie Jun 14, 2009

You need to review your bankruptcy discharge papers. It is possible some accounts were not included. Also bankruptcy laws changed in the 90s, I dont pretend to know all of what changed. Seek legal advice.

Charge offs and statute of limitations are tricky as well. Some debts are not reportable or able to have judgements placed after certain time periods. but that does not mean collection activity halts.

Again, seek legal counsel.

• Pr
    preggy Jul 20, 2009

Portfolio Recovery Associates follow FDCPA. they are not allowed to call more than once a day unless customer said so. He mentioned that his name is diff. did he verify the ssn to PRA? PRA will not get bank info if the calling party not identified...etc

• Ra
    ralph301 Jul 30, 2009

PRAA operates illegally! I have been contacted out of the blue by these vultures for a 20 year old bill that was dismissed by a federal bankruptcy court 20 years ago. They've been contacting me quite often. So I'm logging each and every call, time of day, date etc. I have tried to tell them they are trying to collect a debt dismissed by a federal court. No luck. For days they wouldn't give me any information when as per the FDCPA(fair debt collection practices act)... According to federal law they must give this information when asked...I usually get hung up on! So, After a recent call to my phone again, i managed to get a little more information. I googled them and came up with Portfolio Recovery Services inc, in Northfork Va. an address and also a a number for the corporate office! [protected] ..got lucky and contacted a supervisor and raked him over the coals royally! they seemed surprised when I called in to their corporate office and billed them a thousand dollars per contact!!! I'm going to sue these ### just for fun and i'm just waiting for them to egg me on a little more so i can get recordings and lay the trap! Also I called chase bank, the orginator of the bill and talked to a lawyer in their legal department and advised them I was going to include them in this lawsuit also since they willingly sold a debt dismissed by a federal court and they too were responsible! That alone seemed to have hit home with chase...Once i reached a certain level they were more than willing to listen. Perhaps this will help someone out there. This company is worse than crap and they operate illegally and with fraud and deception. Don't bargin...cover the bases and sue! What makes me mad is that they have their stock listed with NASDAQ...I'm going to file a complaint with nasdaq and try to have them delisted for operating fraudulently! Go ahead...do as much damage as you can!!!

Mary K. Bertling Sep 09, 2009

I used to work for a sister company of theirs called IGS, out here in Vegas. If anyone would like a full disclosure of the practices they teach, and encourage, in their training, please feel free to email me. [protected]@yahoo.com

listen plz Sep 21, 2009

i am not sayin this jus b/c i work for them. there are some people there that really do care about u myself being one, some of the collectors are rude but thats them.but alot of us are caring hard workin people i try my best at all times to listen ad work things out for each customer, if u are comin across bad ones u should report them right then and ther its not allowed. but u must also kno ur rights if its out of stat it means we can not sue. also sometimes the debt does not show up on ur report. but also remember that speaking calm helps dont assume every person that calls u r mean alot wants to help.

WilmaWood Nov 10, 2009

Call your attorney general to make a complaint so this company will have to follow the law.Find your state statutes here:

Find your state attorney general here:

WilmaWood Nov 10, 2009

Call your attorney general to make a complaint so this company will have to follow the law. Find your state statutes here:

Find your state attorney general here:

Your attorney general can make them stop illegally abusing not only YOU, but others like you: elderly people they like to intimidate, single mothers, veterans, anyone. Even when you owe a debt, there are laws they have to follow, and this company does not follow them. Report abuses to your attorney general!!! Just taking them to court means they may pay some small fine (with money the scammed from someone else), but your attorney general can put them out of business in your state.

They are already being investigated by the Missouri Attorney General:

Get them investigated in your state, too--this illegal behavior can't be allowed to go on!

• Ne
    newbee112 Feb 16, 2010

Ralph301, I was wondering how things are going for you? My situation is similar to yours and I would like to get an update. It might help me with my situation.

• Se
    seasun302 Feb 26, 2010

I called Portfolio Recovery Associates, at their (local)# [protected] and asked for their fax number and they wouldn't give it to me. Then I called back and asked to speak to a rep about my case, a lady named Ahsaki Wilson came on and I told her that I needed to verify their fax number, I asked is your fax number [protected] and the lady said yes, I said are you sure, and she said yes. Then, I called back and asked another rep, is your fax number [protected] and the rep said yes. This clearly shows me that they are lying and don't want anyone to have their fax number. I called back and asked for Wilson lady and she came on, I told her that I was a debt collector trying to recover some money that she owes for a sears credit card. Isn't your name Ahsaki Wilson, she said yes but I don't have a sears account. So I said I'm only an employee here at BRP and it shows here that you owe $1255 to sears and it shows on your credit report as no payment has been made. She freaked out and said that she works for a collection agency and she knows all the little tricks that these companies play. I said so your familiar with the process and that Portfolio Recovery Associates reports to the credit bureau when they shouldn't be doing so. She stayed quiet told me to remove that immediately from her credit report. So I said, let me have your fax number and I will fax you the information right of away so you can see for yourself. So she said [protected].

LOL

I believe she was saying the truth this time

I verified online in a forum, that someone else had this same number

NOTinDEBT Apr 09, 2010

Just got off the phone with a useless representative working for PRA after receiving an attempt to collect a debt that was dissolved by chapter 7 twenty years ago. He would not let me talk and was not interested in my explanation. He made three attempts to hang up the phone when I tried to speak. He talked over me, said a package was being sent to me so that I can dispute it, then hung up on me. I'm in the military, and I'll be taking this collection attempt to JAG first thing in the morning.

• Ru
    Rusty W Jun 17, 2010

I too just got hit by this company. They said it was for an AT&T bill from 2000, and rattled off a dollar amount... I asked for demanded verification be sent via US mail, and then hung up... I called my loan officer from when I bought my house in 2007, and she was able to pull up my information (specifically, the credit reports from back then), and it turns out that I did have a debt with AT&T, but it was paid at that time (and had my photo-copied checks to prove it). Anyway, I should be well armed if they still attempted to come after me.

Oh, and since I am a techie, I did a whois on their domain-name (portfoliorecovery.com) and found the following information. I also sent an abuse report to their hosting providers (godaddy for website, and qwest for email), but doubtful they will get shut-off by their providers from just one complaint...

Registrant:
    Portfolio Recovery Services
    120 Corporate Blvd, Suite 100
    Norfolk, Virginia 23502

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: PORTFOLIORECOVERY.COM

Norfolk, Virginia 23502
    [protected] Fax -- [protected]

• De
    debtguru Aug 04, 2010

actually its really sad that people truly are so uniformed about debt collection. the fact that the collection was not on your credit was because the credit line was out of that statue of limitations not because they have the information to validate the debt. if you dont believe the debt to be valid then dispute it! there are many times where fraud accounts have been opened in other peoples names. For years parents who had extended their lines of credit and couldnt get anymore or just didnt want to sacrifice losing their credit scores opened accounts in their childrens names. While all kinds of things are in place to stop this today ten years ago it wasnt. And also when you go to bankruptcy discharged means you dont owe the money anymore, dismissed means they threw your case out for whatever reason the judge saw fit. So once again dismissed you owe the money discharged you do not. Also hiring jag for a collection call. what good did that do you? or even hitting the domain name? none, because Portfolio recovery assoc. can prove that it is using legit means to collect a debt. Also unless they give you permission recording their calls wont do you any good. record another persons voice without their permission and use it in court and see how fast it gets thrown out. Also the easiest way to prove you dont owe it is keep records!!! i cant say how much i stress that enough. Most of the time when it comes to Bankruptcies they have that information already. Also saying i want a letter sent to me and hanging up does nothing. the only way to validate a debt or get it removed is to dispute it. And if you pick up the phone and id yourself and then say sorry dont mean to be rude but thank you they cant speak to you for seven days. Honestly if there is something you dont understand or need to know let me know i have access to all kinds of information that can help you.

• Bl
    blacksilvershewolf Aug 18, 2010

I how do I get them to stop calling me I never gave them any info and I never picked up the phone but last night they called at 9pm.

• I have always had impeccable credit. I could walk into a high end car dealership and drive out in a brand new car, just on my signature. This sinister company acquired debt in my name that was generated by someone stealing my personal information and making charges using my credit card. My credit card company did stop the charges and issued me a new card and account number to halt the fraudulence, however, the fraud continues with this unethical company trying to collect these debts not created by me.

Here is the interesting part, I have received calls from these people from all over the country. I have actually recorded more than 30 different phone numbers from this organization of vultures, with numbers from St Petersburg and Orlando, FL to Minneapolis, MN to Norfolk, VA just to name a few. That does not include numbers from which they called previous to my collecting and compiling the information!

These people are vicious, vile and rude as stated by numerous individuals who wrote complaints. It is not uncommon that they will make numerous calls per day which interfere with your work and/or daily routine. Here is a wakeup call for the noble person above who wrote the letter stating they were so proud that they were responsible and finally paid off their debt! I do not know where you are from, but in my state, after five years without action, the debt is considered uncollectable. Do you not realize, you gave the money directly to this scam company who purchased the debt from the original vendor or business that already wrote it off as a loss, just as they do with damaged products! Wow! proud of being dumb enough to be taken to the cleaners, that is amazing!

I have no intention of subsidizing a company that preys on people and your emotions, harasses and pushes you almost to insanity, for false debt that you personally never incurred, or keep notifying the credit bureaus to destroy your credit for debt that has passed time limitations! These people are falsifying information creating defamation of your character! To put it in simpler terms, it is character assassination! Do you think you should reward them for that? How do you think these bottom feeders stay in business? They beat you until you reach bottom, then work out a deal you can not refuse, to pay money you do not owe! If you settled, you have been victimized and you propagated the continuation of abuse and harassment!

I am all for removing this type of [censor] and bottom feeder from preying on the innocent and in many cases, the desperately struggling. In this pathetic failed economy where our homes are worth less than half of what they were three years ago, our retirement funds have been ravaged and all our hard work to get ahead has been taken away, we should empathize and help others being harassed and not allow this supposedly justified thievery to take place feeding off the misfortune of the weak.

• Qu
    queenofthezulus Jan 17, 2011

im with you 100%

• Bu
    Bugs Me Mar 09, 2011

This is all very interesting. I received a letter recently for a person who does not reside at my address, and as far as I know never has. I am not too worried about it. The only thing they seem to have is my mailing address for some debt from a company I have never dealt with.
    For now, I am going to ignore it but let me tell you that they noted the debt is originally from Citi Finbancial, Inc. If I do receive calls or harassment from Portfolio recovery Associates, LLC, I'll pick up the phone call my congressman (he lives in my neighborhood, call my lawyer and sue both portfolio recovery associates, LLC and Citifinancial, LLC. I love to kick corporate [censor] when these companies try to screw people who do not owe them any money.
    I didn't become a multi millionaire from being a wimp. I also have acquantaintances in the West Wing, not the TV show so I am not exactly scared of these people. I don't think they really have any info they could use in court anyway (i.e. like I said, the name on the letter turned out to be someone else completely different.)

• Big Sean Apr 01, 2011

Yes I got a lawyer from California investigating Portfolio Recovery Associates about a scam claiming I owe Credit One Card 800 dollars.This was a year ago and I told the lady to show me documents as evidence so I'm suing the debt colector for 1, 000.Plus the FTC is also investigating this shady agancy big time.

• Ex
    expatbrit Apr 12, 2011

Despite the attempts of the obvious company employees / paid posters in here to deny it PRA are a company that specialises in buying uncollectable debt and then trying by illegal methods to get someone to pay.

Their reps are as has been said often abusive and totally uncaring, I presume they are on commission and only get paid if they recover money.

Please people before you give out any info to these people insist on a Verification of the Debt (VoD) and state that unless this is forthcoming you will not pay a single cent. do not believe them when they try to BS around your request. It's as has already been said federal law that they must provide this info and if they don't then they are admitting that they were in the wrong.

Also check your credit report, you can do this for free at creditkarma.com and see if they have placed a hard inquiry or as they sometimes like to do report a payment to them so they can re-institute a debt that is way past any legal collection date. If you see either of these backhand methods used on your report print or save the info and go see an attorney straight away as you can sue free of charge for defamation.

• Bo
    BobGo56 Aug 18, 2011

The people there at Portfolio have YET to send me a letter regarding any matter of collection. each time they tell me it is in the mail LOL I keep telling them put it in writing and in the mail. they keep calling me telling me its in the mail. RIGHT!!!

Lisab39 May 09, 2012

I receive calls from these people at least 3 to 5 times per day. I always hang up when they call here. They still call. The more they call the more I'm going to hang up. Filing complaints today. Isn't against the law to call repeatedly?

Lisab39 May 09, 2012

I need to know if it's illegal for a debt collector to call repeatedly until 9 pm?

• Lo
    lorac49 Oct 05, 2012

We too are receiving calls from a company called Portfolio Recovery about an electric bill we supposedly did not pay in 1996. We lived in the same house from 1993 to 2005 and had the same electric service for the whole time so I was able to contact the electric company and find out if at any time during that period did we ever have an unpaid bill and could we get proof of the billings for those years. They supplied what they called a hard copy of payment history. We also asked our credit monitoring service to notify us of any hard inquires. We receive at least one call from PR a day and got so fed up that we didn't answer but took the telephone numbers from our caller ID and blocked each number, so far we have blocked ten different numbers including two toll free numbers. We just presumed they were scammers. lorac49

• Pe
    Peter Sh Nov 21, 2012

I received a call from them today from a very rude young lady who said my automatic bill payments are coming back as NSF. I just looked at my bank records and show no returned checks. She refused to let me speak with a manager, kept talking over me and would not even let me get a word in edge wise, and hung up the phone. When I called the number back, they said she never put in her notes regarding the call at al and she never gave me her name either. I know she called from their office because it came up on the caller ID. What she was trying to do was to get my CC and checking account information to which I believe she would use as a scam. I reported it to a manager but I would like to know who in their office I could contact to report one of their employee's

• Oc
    ocbbee Apr 20, 2013

Any advice to someone who does actually owe them money for two credit cards. I have letters from them validating the debt. It is also listed on my credit report.

• Oc
    ocbbee Apr 20, 2013

Any advice to someone who does owe PRA debt on two credit cards. I have letters validating the debt from them. It is also listed on my credit report.

• Br
    brendajm Jan 22, 2014

PRA has called me several times, most of the time asking for someone named Latasha Brownlee who I don't know, and then proceeded to leave a detailed message regarding her personal information and all kinds of stuff. Then they called for me and said that they were trying to collect some information on a neighbor of mine and asked me to call back. I don't know Latasha Brownlee and I wouldn't give out any info on any of my neighbors anyway. In any case, like the other people on this forum, I never call back nor do I ever answer their phone calls. They call all day and all night and even on my cell. I don't know why and I don't care.

• Ju
    justpostit Feb 19, 2014

I really think they are just a scam company
    They sent me a bill for $2637, they claimed it was for a credit card in 1999. Tried to tell me i shouldnt let my debts go so long. So I tracked things down, the company they "bought" the debt from is out of business. The statement said it came from a bank that is out of business.
    I called the bank that bought the first bank they have no idea where when or the amount of anything.
    So I called Portfolio Recovery again and told them all this it took 15 mins of me talking to a supervisor to get them to open an investigation into the account.
    They sent me a letter today saying the account is closed zero balance
    This has happened before with the same company and my family. If you dispute it they do an "investigation" and a week later its gone
    I did all the work tracked down the companies
    If you notice every time they contact someone its a debt that at least 10 yrs old

• Re
    Renaldo Beaver Feb 25, 2014

Best thing to do with these guys is to pick up the phone and put it on mute. Each time you do that it costs them a few dollars. Never talk to them or give them any information (they'll rip you to shreds), just answer and put them on mute. If enough people do this, it will no longer be profitable for them to stay in business. They make their money by robo-dialing thousands of people daily, hoping that one or two will pick up and they can sick a 15 dollar an hour employee on them.

• Vi
    Vicki B Chancery Oct 15, 2015

My question is how do you get them to stop.. I receive a bill from them stating that we owe such and such from Capital One.. when we had already paid them off.. So i wrote them back told them we paid this off.. They sent another letter stating i need to send them proof.. REALLY??? this company calls from alot of different numbers.. i can't block them all.. but they have said that they BOUGHT these accounts and collect.. CAN THAT BE LEGALLY DONE? It is 2015 and I see these complaints going back as far 2008 if not sooner.. why hasn't anything been done to horrible company? I found a lot of helpful information on just reading the complaints. This is getting crazy PRA, Allied Interstate are ones that buy OLD DEBT or as I have been told is that they see debt from way back and decide to go after you for money.. this is why they are making money.. so many are giving into them. I will give in to them at all.. Thank You for your advice and help..

• Mo
    Motionless Apr 28, 2016

I have a case in small claims court brought against me by Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC. At the trial earlier this week I asked the court to dismiss the complaint based on lack of evidence and PRA attorney said they did not know in advance that I would require documented verification of the debt and a witness with personal knowledge of the debt and the account it arises from, and if they had known I would come to court demanding that proof they would have brought it to court. Their attorney claimed that my failure to get this debt verified within 30 days of their initial contact with me means I have no legal right to ask for verification now.

What happened next was so appalling I still cannot believe it: The judge adjourned the hearing to a later date to give PRA more time to gather together proof of their claim. Their attorney stated the witness with personal knowledge of my account that I am asking them to produce will be an employee of Portfolio Recovery Associates. Seriously folks...it seems the good judge will accept that PRA employee as a witness with personal knowledge of my debt and the account that it arises from. Wow, just wow. PRA attorney has no shame, but that's to be expected with bottom feeders like debt buyers. The most unbelievable of all that transpired is the poor judge seems to not be aware of how this is supposed to work.

When the Judge asked me what I expected to see as proof I listed some important documentation that was missing in their evidence, things like an initial contract I allegedly signed, actual date a credit account was opened, itemized transactions over the life of the account including charges, payments, interest, penalties and other fees if any, to verify that there is actually a debt and for what amount. Without documented account history how can any of Portfolio Recovery's claims be verified?

Anyway... the judge asked PRA attorneys how much more time they needed to prove their case and they asked for 30 days. And surprise, surprise...they were awarded 30 days. Plus, they don't even have to appear for these small claims cases they file in my county--they just phone it in. Seriously, folks, the Defendant (me) was ordered to appear in person but the Plaintiff may continue to appear by the phone!!

Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC, filed this legal action, then came to court unprepared to prove their allegations! The case should have been dismissed for lack of evidence. They brought nothing to court. Nothing. And the judge is a piece of work, too! His whole attitude was such that I got the impression he resented me for even appearing to contest this action because in my county, Portfolio Recovery Associates small claims actions are cranked out by the dozen, month in and month out. Debtors don't bother to show up because, well, I am a glaring example of what happens when one does! Neither the PRA attorneys and this county judge are used to having to work for anything...it's all done by default here...no one ever comes forward to challenge PRA here.

Until I came along. I gave them a run for their money. And I forced the judge to actually look at the evidence and not just assume the claim is valid. Judge actually has to do some work, and he is not happy about that

I realize now that I have a snowball's chance with the legal system here. Maybe PRA has this judge in their back pocket. Or maybe judge is ignorant of laws governing what constitutes proof in debt collections. Whatever is going on here, this judge did not even try to hide his partiality to the Plaintiff, PRA.

Portfolio Recovery will win yet another case, not because it has merit but because the judge has bent over backward to give them the benefit of all doubt.

And then I will file an appeal. I will take this before a new court and new judge, hopefully one that has a clue not only about federal collection laws but legal procedure mandating that this case should have been dismissed when Plaintiff appeared with no proof of their claims. In spite of all that has gone down here, I still have confidence that not all judges in my county court are obtuse. Or God forbid--corrupt?.

• Lu
    Lucretia McEvil DeVille May 13, 2017

No LEGITIMATE organization calls & asks for "YOUR BANKING INFORMATION." That is ALWAYS A SCAM. NEVER GIVE ANYONE, your personal or banking information over the phone. Today it's May 13, 2017; with the information age, these attempts to defraud people are far worse now, than ever before. NEVER give anyone, or any organization your personal or banking information over the phone, over the internet, or by mail. If you don't know them, it's more likely an attempt to "defraud you, " than a genuine claim against you.

• Ds
    dscottvanmeter Feb 11, 2018

FRAUD - I have never been late with a payment ever. I woke up 2/11/18 to a drop in my credit score of 46 points due to PORTFOLIO RECOVERY. This is a fraudulent attempt to collect on a non existent capital one charge. They asked for my name, they didn't even know it. They thought my name was Christopher and lived in a different state. I spoke with someone that said probably the social was entered wrong. This is going to be a big issue trying to remove. They have to send out a package and I have started dispute. HORRIBLE company.

Comments
    Comments

• Ha
    hater4 Feb 20, 2018

DO NOT agree to payment arrangements until you have verified the calculations BEFOREHAND!! They screwed me out of money on a settlement because the guy could not divide a payment by 2...so I lost over $100 because of HIS error...and their excuse was that the Vice President approved the settlement... PLEASE!!! the VP would not be in charge of approvals...senior management would... I am sure the VP was working the call center at 8:30 pm at night... make sure you write every person's name down that you talk to... you have to ASK them because they do not say their name when they pick up... :( At least I am DONE WITH THEM FOR GOOD !!! LOSERS!!

• Br
    Bridget J Patton Apr 20, 2018

this company sux, and isn't legit. Don't send them a penny and contact the Better bus bureau and/or attorney General. yes they prey on anyone who they think they can scare into sending money!!! Don't send a penny, and always ask for proof in writing, but even if they send you proof, it still can be scam artists doing that !!!

Anastasiya Vershinina Dec 01, 2019

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback. We understand your concerns about the broker being trustworthy.
    However, IQ Option is a well-known broker, having over 52 749 716 users, who would certainly quit the platform if it did not deserve trust. You can always check the Terms and Conditions of the company on the website. We assure you that we always follow all of our Policies and are expecting the same in return.
    IQ Option is neither a casino nor a betting site, though trading here presents a high risk of losing your capital, which is why we always ask our clients to be fully conscious while investing their funds.
    Please, mind that our employees don’t trade on your behalf. Their services are free.
    Our employees don't work with traders through Facebook/ Instagram/ WhatsApp. It means that any broker
    - contacting you through social networks
    - claiming to be our employee
    - asking to send money
    - promising a big profit in a short time or a recovery of your funds
    is a Scammer.
    Please, be wise and don't let others take advantage of you. Those people are the ones to lure you.
    You are always welcome to join us in live chats/calls or via email [protected]@iqoption.com. Here is how you may reach us for a detailed consultation in any matter https://iqoption.com/en/contacts. Thank you. Have a lovely day!