Windham Professionals Logo

Windham Professionals

Having problems with Windham Professionals?

380 Main Street
Salem, New Hampshire
Additional Email Address
[email protected]

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Windham Professionals.

Complaints & Reviews

Windham Professionalstelephone assistance with a pending debt

It is the second time within a month the same guy picked up the phone and treated me EXTREMELY RUDE. I just CAN'T believe someone's allowed to be like that. I needed to follow up on a debt balance so I asked for the same information last time he didn't want to cooperate me with, at first he seems bugged by my supposedly bad connection and then started to interrumpting me assuming I wasn't aware of my very own questions (?!) he FINALLY gave me one of the numbers so I asked him if we can pay through their own website (as I read from their notification) so he said it needs to be paid over the phone (?!) I responded ok I'll talk to the partner and then call you back: he burst into a speech like "Tell the partner he needs to pay by this moment, we're not going to keep calling you, or different ppl calling us for info and blabla... it's about time to pay blabla" in a very RUDE way, I was completely shocked and said WE'RE IN CONVERSATIONS with the organisation and we're not paying until we arrange the amount. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! A person working for a "collection agency" saying they're not going to do their job??! that is CALLING and trying to "collect the debt"?!!! I'm so insulted right now by the way this man treated me for the SECOND time in a row. This cannot be possible.

Windham Professionalsstudent loan debt

I got a phone call the other day saying I had student loan debt. For two years they took over $12000 from my income tax return. For my debt, and they say I still owe them. They are charging me almost $900.00 for them having my debt, plus charging me interest everyday. My debt should have already been paid off last year when they took my second income tax money. They will not send me a copy of my debt, they will not send me any paperwork showing how much I've paid already. They are rude, they keep calling me at work etc. This is some BS.

Jul 05, 2018

Windham Professionals — defaulted student loans never used, for higher education hesser college owned by kaplan in 2009

My husband went 1 semester, long story short told he needed to pull a 10, 000 private student loan or start...

Jun 18, 2018

Windham Professionals — debt collection

Debt collector did not process the proper amount owed on my account (which was double the original amount...

Windham Professionals — student loan collection

It has been almost 4 years sense I have heard a single word or read a single paper about my defaulted student...

Hamilton

Windham Professionals9 month student rehab program

This entire journey paying a 9 month bill has been a nightmare dealing with this company. An absolute horrible experience. I get to month 5-6-7-8- and final 9th payment and it's been like pulling teeth every time I call. There's been issues like the reps can't find my last payment or they say "it still hasn't posted". Call back and still can't find my payment, this service REFUSES to give a accurate receipt to confirm payment that's another HUGE problem. Every employee I have spoken with about that has been exceptionally rude. The biggest "stunt" the staff pulled on me was on my last 9th payment I called in made my debit card payment and it wasn't easy. Please go back and listen to recordings its all there. I was given a confirmation # and asked to give my name & number to approve my debit card transaction. 2 weeks later I call back to confirm the program was over and to get an update on my next step they say my card declined . Excuse me, It never declined all 8 months on other payments . I wouldn't make a mistake on my last & final payment . I'm taking my frustrations with this company very serious and legal. This is out of control

Windham Professionalsfraudulent medical invoice

I received a notice today from windham professionals claiming that I owe them over $160 from over a year-and-a-half ago. Let me start by stating that I never pay bills late, have pristine credit, and i'm in my mid-forties. After looking into the matter I found that the bill was paid in full from blue cross blue shield to my medical provider. I also talked to the medical provider and they said that they receive the funds long ago and not to worry. Both blue cross and blue shield and my medical provider also said that they do not use this collection agency and that it was bogus. Be aware if you receive anything from this company. It is a scam!

fraudulent medical invoice

Windham ProfessionalsDebt collection

They are looking for someone I rented to years ago, & now I happen to live back in that house. The tenet skipped town owing several months rent, so Im guessing they did that to them too. However, I've returned their calls 3 times now telling them this person has absolutely no ties to my phone number, & even gave them a number they could possibly reach them at, & they still call. They just called again, & the guy was extremely rude, telling me I never called them, then it was well, you've never talked to me. He says (again) that they will remove my number. We'll see if 3rd time is a charm.

Windham ProfessionalsStudent loan forgiveness program

I was contacted by them last August 2015, that I was eligible for student loans rehabilitation program set up by Obama. I was qualified and have a monthly payment of $5 a month. They are charging me $6, 000 a month to handle my account, $1, 100 a month for late fees on interest charged against my loans. My $42, 000 student loans are now $101, 000. I sent in a money order for $10 in May for June. They told me I couldn't do that. I said no one ever told me that and the rep I spoke to last month said that I could. Now they are stating I owe for June's! I need a lawyer! Please help!!!

Windham ProfessionalsSallie Mae/Windham Professionals

So I have been on a payment plan with Sallie Mae for the past two years, trying to fix and do write now what I had done wrong at 17 yrs old….About a month ago I get my first call from Windham professionals, and spoke with a lady who was first seeking for me to give her my SSN and DOB and when she noticed because I was very clear about it, that i was not going to provide with any personal information, she went ahead and gave me my SSN and DOB!! At that point I knew she was well over informed about my personal information. She claimed I have unpaid loans I needed to take care of, at that point I was upset at her because not only did she know my personal information but she was also accusing me of something "I thought" was not true. I refused to talk to her and requested to send me everything she was talking about in writing to have a better understanding. We hung up and that was it for that day. About two weeks later I received a correspondence from them, stating I owed nearly 16K in student loans I hadn't paid since 02'. I immediately contacted Sallie Mae and gave them all my information SSN, PIN, DOB and requested and revision of my loans and a clarification, "you have been paying them and your account was in good standing" the guy said. He had no idea why Windham Professionals had contacted me and said to ignore them. So at that point I called them back of course with the rights I felt I had and demanded fro them to STOP contacting me by phone or mail, I told them I spoke with Sallie Mae and my account was in good standing. At that point I got transferred to someone else, a higher rank thief, who was able to pull all my personal information and to proof her point even mentioned my ex husbands name I had put as a reference in my original application for the loans…so this was ligetament I thought and started to get intimidated, at that point I wanted her to explain it all and she did. Apparently Sallie Mae was only applying my payment to my federal loans and in all the calls I had with them NEVER mentioned my private loans and instead waiting for my interest to accumulate as well as my late payment fees to hire Windham Professionals now and collect $16K for what was originally $4K. Two companies one goal, steal peoples money!! Be aware of both companies they are thief's!!!

Windham ProfessionalsRUDE EMPLOYEES

Amy Pergola is the rudest person I have ever had the misfortune of having to speaking to. My son attended the local community college and due to an oversight by the college. My son was awarded a pell grant and he enrolled in courses. I paid the difference between what the pell grant covered and what the courses cost and paid for his books as well so he had no debt. We received notice that more information was required for his financial aid and that they pulled the pell grant saying he wasn't eligible for it after all. We submitted the requested information personally and sat with the financial aid advisor to ensure all required information was received. Weeks later the college states additional information needed which we submitted. Yet again a few weeks later more information needed which again we submitted. All of a sudden we receive a collection notice that the amount originally coveredby the pell grant in the amount of $1437.00 was turned over to Windham Professionals and a $479.00 collection fee was tacked on. After receiving numerous calls every single day including Sundays for months I asked them to stop calling my residence as my son no longer lived there and they said "no, this is the number on his file and until he calls and removes it this is the number we will continue to call". I lost my temper and told the representative that he was calling my home, on my phone that I pay for and since I told him my son no longer lived here to stop calling me or I would call and have them charged with harassment. That was on 9/13/12 and I didn't hear from them after that. I have been trying to resolve this issue with the college for over a year and they refuse to do anything or admit their role in this situation. On 12/3/12 my son received an employment opportunity that will pay for him to take precision machining courses but the employer deals with this particular school that screwed up my sons financial aid/student loans. In order for him to accept the employment offer he needs to attend this college and they won't let him if he has an account in collections and they still refuse to do anything to help with the situation. I called Windham Professionals numerous times today and they wouldn't tell me anything because there wasn't a signed release on file and if there ever had been (like I indicated there is) that the college would have submitted it with his file. After going back and forth all day between the college and Windham Professionals Amy Pergola finally called me back stating the college faxed over the signed release which was in fact on file as indicated. I tried to explain to Amy that I would like to pay the $1437.00 and explain why I felt the collection fee should be waived and she kept interrupted me every other word. I asked her to please stop interrupting me and let me finish what I'm trying to say and she started to raise her voice and get very nasty on the phone and started telling me that my threatening them wasn't going to make a difference and that just because I wasn't hearing what I wanted to hear didn't mean they were going to waive any fees and had my son paid his debts to begin with we wouldn't be in this sistuation. I have never been so insulted or been talked to so rudely by anyone in my life. I can not fathom a company condoning this type of behavior from their employees and can not beleive that any College would willingly choose to do business with such unprofessional rude people. Just because an account was turned over to collections doesn't mean it's because of something the lendee did or didn't do. This situation was the direct result of the college not performing their responsibilities correctly or accuratley or following through. I hope I never have the misfortune of having to deal with anyone from Windham Professionals again and have called and left a complaint with the school indicatnig how rude they are and that I can not believe they choose to do business with such people. Once again AMY PERGOLA is the rudest person I've ever spoken to. My wish for her is that something similar happens to her that is out of her control and through no fault of her own and when she tries to resolve the issue that she gets to speak with smoeone who is as rude as she was to me today. Absolutely RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!!

• 66
                    667AA Dec 18, 2012

PAY YOUR BILL LADY

• Di
                    Disgusted in NH Dec 18, 2012

Aren't you the intelligent one!!! Did you bother reading my post. This was my son's bill and it was paid in FULL dimwit. If you bothered to read the post you would also know that my son was granted a pell grant and the difference was paid in cash in full then the college turned around and took back the pell grant and never filed the charges against my sons financial aid and instead waited until it was too late and gave him 14 days to come up with $1437.00 when he only worked part time. Maybe before you start making smart*** remarks you should know what you're talking about.

Windham Professionalsrelease of personal info

I understand that i have a debt that i need to get caught up on and have no problem with that, but Windham Professionals have called my work and my ex in-laws and released what they were collecting for and to my ex family where i worked and what they where collecting for. If i want ex family to know what i owe and or where i work that should be for me to tell. i have checked laws and see that it is illegal for them to release any thing other then a message to have me contact them. If my work or My ex family receives another call i will file harassment charges.

Windham ProfessionalsHarassment

This guy keeps calling me. He just says if I dont call him back soon the problem is just going to get worse, but he never states why he is calling me. He said he has my social security number..big deal. I could go online and get his social and call him and tell him that he needs to call me cause he has a problem. Apparently it is for student loans, well got news for him I have already paid off my loans so whoever this guy is needs to get a life or else I will call the police and make a complaint about this company and or this idiot who keeps calling.

• Ex
                        ExAmbot Aug 08, 2012

You can call him back, be ready with a very big stick so as to quash this once and for all. Wait for him to kick the ball. Most likely he is a scummy collector. If it's about debt tell him firmly you are formally requesting he provides proof of debt per the Federal fair debt collection practices act. He has 30 days to comply. I bet he doesn't have it. Failure of which send him a cease and desist letter. Google those.

• Me
                        ME1021 Aug 29, 2012

FYI:PROFF HAS BEEN PROVIDED B4 CALLS STARTED. I CAN ASSURE U IT WILL NOT GO AWAY TILL ACCTS HAVE BEEN TAKIN CARE OF. U SHOULD CALL DOE AND ASK Y THEY HAVE PUT U IN COLLECTION IF UR LOANS HAVE IN FACT BEEN PAID. OTHER WISE GARNISHMENT WILL START AND TO GET THAT STOPPED U WILL HAVE TO MAKE PAY PLAN FOR UPTO 9 MNTHS ON TOP OF THE GARNISHMENT. YES SSI, SSD CAN BE GARNISHED IF UR 100% DISABL AND UR MD WILL SIGN DOE PPWK UR LOANS CAN BE DISCHARGED OTHER WISE... U WILL HAVE TO PAY
                        WHEN U DO AND IF U DO CALL DOE THEY WILL TELL U TO CALL WINDHAM :)

Windham Professionals — Nonstop Harassment!

These idiots kept calling my number asking for a person that isn't there. When I asked them to stop...

Windham ProfessionalsReporting re-aged debt to credit agencies

I applied to a college in CT, registered for classes. I decided to drop them before classes start to go to another college instead. So I sent the college a letter to drop my classes through certified mail. Well the college "lost" the letter and said I never sent them one. So I showed them proof I mailed it certified, they said it doesn't matter and now I owe a whole semester worth of fee's for the classes I never attended. 15 years later and several collection agencies, Windham Professionals now has the account. They illegally reported the debt as a new debt as of 2011 when it was from 1996. They are bottom feeders and report inaccurate information. I have sent them a cease and desist and sent proof of the old debt to the three credit agencies. I originally disputed them online, but the agencies said they verified them as current debts. So i hope the proof to show the origination of the debt will get rid of it from my credit report...again...

• St
                          stormyweather648 May 24, 2012

tuition doesn't go away it can follow you for years on end, I have had some accounts that are 20 years old. Smarten up, pay what you owe. As the saying goes, "pay me now, or pay me later."

Windham ProfessionalsRude Liars

I admit I let my loan go in default, a very idiotic thing for someone who worked in financial aid for 3 years, but I was trying to make it right. I called Adrianne back to set up a payment plan. I was elidgible for a recovery plan that will essentially wipe the default off of my credit within 9 months. At the time I thought the plan was great and asked Adrianne if she had any other advice. She said that she was not supposed to tell me this but by working two jobs I was making my payment that is set by the loan company higher. " Oh really" I said "so when I finish my second job I should limit myself to one job?" "Absolutely" she tells me. I called today to let them know that I will be finished with my second job on Monday and the company informs me that the amount I pay NEVER changes. I point out that this puts me $-200 in the hole (wouldn't be there if I still had my second job) and the SUPERVISOR says to me "you still make more money then me every month." I called her back later because I realize she's done some calculations wrong and she says "I've already been on the phone with you 3 times." Of course I had to point out that I had only spoken with her twice and that I was just calling to correct an error in the calculations she did. After rudely accusing me of interrupting her several times I finely get her to go over the calculations which were wrong on her part! After I asked for her name and if she had an employee number and told her I would be speaking with her supervisor she became a little sweeter but this was brought on by me stating "You really need to work on your customer service." Her reply "You are not a customer you are a barrower." OUCH!
                        Anyway long story short (LOL) I could've made $2500 in a month this summer and didn't cause I thought my loan would be cheaper. Now the opportunity has passed me by and I am PISSED!

• Di
                            DisabledInDefault May 10, 2012

When I tried to contact NYSHEC to rehab my loan, somehow I ended up with Windham. The woman was very nice, but as I was about to sign the papers, I noticed over $2200 in collection fees would be added to my loan if I signed. I found all these complaints on line and am now trying to go direct again, but since I was in default, had to go back to NYSHEC. Windham reported me as not in compliance when I stalled on returning the papers. Anyone out there on Social Security Disability in my boat? Can they take that money?

• St
                            stormyweather648 May 24, 2012

lmao collections is NOT customer service, if you want "customer service, " go to mcdonalds

Windham Professionals — Took my money and ran

If this company ever calls you to pay off a debt...don't give them any information! I had a defaulted...

Windham ProfessionalsAttached Wages

I admit that I owe and am in default of my student loads because I didn't agree with the amount that was owed and once the amount was corrected they were supposed to be consolidated and apply a forbearance because I wasn't employed but somehow these "UNPROFESSIONAL" people ended up trying to collect on my loans. I received a letter back in March that they were going to take my Federal & State income taxes if I didn't reply. I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY several DOZEN times to contact Danielle @ X2606.
                          They sent me a request for a hearing back on March 8, 2010, I had to send them last years tax return, my unemployment records, my current wages, I'd only been working 3 months, and all other copies of bills showing debt to income. I sent it return receipt so I know they received it, yet obviously it was ignored. I had been unemployed for more than a year & took a job for $9.50/hr. I'm BARELY paying my rent and bills and just found out I'm pregnant. I NEVER heard from anyone and have tried calling Danielle and ANYONE at Winham all I get is voice mail. Now here it is August, I never got a hearing I request, they took ALL my income taxes close to $5, 000 AND they attached my wages, STILL cant get anyone on the phone so now I have to move before I'm homeless because I cannot afford even my rent on what I make.
                          My next complain is to the BBB, then my local News Channel who I'm hoping will investigate these people and maybe even a lawyer, I hope everyone does they same!!!

ANONYYY Aug 12, 2010

I currently work at the Salem office. I believe the person you are looking for is Danielle Pecola? You can also ask to speak to a supervisor or manager. The thing is, the phone does always ring (trust me, I hear it all day - it's called the "open line" and any live representative can answer.) Just dial [protected] and either wait for a representative or dial the extension. What a lot of people don't understand is that it's not up to Windham to garnish wages and take taxes - that's all up to the client (the lender of the loan). Windham works on behalf of the client, which in your case, seems to be Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae then pays Windham for their services to collect on the loans that they could not get voluntary payments on before the loan went into default. Collectors are needed, especially in today's society. If people were smarter about what they signed up for, then maybe we wouldn't be experiencing such an economic crisis, but then again, I wouldn't have the job that I do. Just remember, they aren't here to make your life miserable, they're trying to help you get into a voluntary payment program so you can stop being garnished, stop getting your taxes taken away and can rebuild your credit and get your loan back into good standing. It's good to do research before bashing a collection agency. There's a difference between collection agencies and telemarketers. We work on behalf of a client, you don't owe Windham the money, you owe the client (Sallie Mae) the money, so don't get upset with the Windham employees. Good luck!

• Lj
                              LJCar Jun 02, 2016

Thurs, June 2, 2016 10:03 am. I received a call intended for "Nicole". I made several attempts to STOP the recording and call the number provided because there is NO Nicole at the number this company called. I am FURIOUS because your recording tied up my phone line until 10:11 - 7 MINUTES, preventing me from calling back or using my phone for any other purpose. What if it were an elderly person you dialed- or someone whose house alarm had gone off and the phone line was needed to auto-dial the alarm company - or there had been a fire or medical emergency???? How DARE you have a communication system in place that TIES UP A PRIVATE PERSON'S PHONE LINE. You should be ASHAMED of yourselves and I am lodging a formal complaint with the FCC. I advise you to CHANGE your system's ability to tie up someone's line for ANY length of time!!

• Ym
                              ymurphy Jun 30, 2016

Calling constantly and not wanting to mail anything to you and make you sound like the bad guy. I don't and haven't did anything intentionally. I'm a single parent and bearly make ends meet

Windham Professionals — PHONE CALLS

This company has gone way too far and have now been calling my grandma in denver. I think that this is very...

Windham ProfessionalsRude Employee's

Just like many of the people who have voiced their complaints about this company, I too have been receiving harassing phone calls from this very company. I am dealing with a Steven Kirby. He is flat out rude and makes up stories saying I said this or that when I never said any of the things he said I did. He called my mother saying I told her that my parents pay every one of my bills. That is a bold faced lie. I pay my bills with nobody's help. Yes, I have got behind in my student loan payments, but I have made arrangements with the company or companies they were with since they change hands everytime one of these banks buys out another. It's one big hassle. I know I have the debt to pay off and I am not trying to avoid it. I don't appreciate this Windham Profeesionals approach one bit. They are far from "Professional"! Mr. Kirby when I have spoken to him changes his story left and right and then wants me to give him my banking info over the phone, sorry I am not that stupid. I know what you people do you take it and then charge for what you can not thinking to how you are screwing up that persons financial status. Yes they do seem very shady, but what can you do? Just give them the same attitude back. Put them in the same place they put you. Why be civil to an ###?

• Mi
                                missmarlo Mar 27, 2013

Yes you are right! I was with a guy named Mr hamitoon He was rude and also the Educational new york whatever was just as rude. He kept saying that i would change every month. I told him my other bills come first. I had money on the card and no one took it out and then they are very heart less why would you get ugly with someone elses loans?

• Mi
                                missmarlo Mar 27, 2013

Yes i had a rep be mean to me too! He claimed that i called in every month to cancelled i told him not every month!! He said i did not have money on the card i told him i did and would call! He started raising hi svoice at me and i did not like it. We had a yelling match!
                                And the new york higher rep was not as freindly she said i called last week and and "I done gave you that number" was her exact words! Why would some get all uptight about some one elses loans is it not like your gonna get paid!