Portfolio Recovery Associates Logo

Portfolio Recovery Associates

Having problems with Portfolio Recovery Associates?

Portfolio Recovery Associates reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 24, 2007. The latest review They say I owe $4,262.93 was posted on Jan 19, 2021. The latest complaint Phone calls was resolved on Apr 14, 2014. Portfolio Recovery Associates has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 103 reviews. Portfolio Recovery Associates has resolved 57 complaints.

Portfolio Recovery Associates Customer Service Contacts

1800 772 1413 (Customer Service)
120 Corporate Blvd., Ste. 1
Thu8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 10:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Portfolio Recovery Associates Customer Service. Initial Portfolio Recovery Associates complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Portfolio Recovery Associates above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Portfolio Recovery Associates. Discuss the issues you have had with Portfolio Recovery Associates and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Portfolio Recovery Associates Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesPhone calls

I keep receiving phone calls from Portfolio Recovery services for a debt that is not mine. I have asked them repeatedly to send me poof that the debt is mine and all they do is ask to confirm my social security number and address. I am so angry. They call me at least 3 times per day sometimes they actually harass me and call me back and act like there is no one on the other end of the phone. I am tired of this. I checked my credit report and this debt is not on there. They said it was a best buy credit account, . I HAVE NEVER HAD A BEST BUY CREDIT ACCOUNT! I paid cash for all of my purchases at that store. Please help me straighten this matter out, I do not want them calling me anymore.

• Always be alert Apr 16, 2014

If you live in a 'one party recording' state, you can record the calls from them without telling them you are. If you live in one of these states, you should always record calls with a debt collector. The next time they call, ask for their mailing address and fax number. They must, by Federal law, give you this information. With information in hand, hang up and type up a cease and desist letter... In the letter, state that the debt is not yours and to cease and desist any further communications about the matter. Type your name at the bottom of the letter. (Never sign a communication with a debt buyer. These signatures have been known to be placed on faked documents to help 'beef up' a debt buyer's claim. It's happened more times that you know.) Anyway, fax the letter to the number they provided (keep the successful transmission notice). Send a copy to them at the address they provided. Send the letter certified with return receipt requested. Keep the return receipt when it comes back to you in the mail. At this point, by law, they must stop contacting you about the debt. If they choose to ignore the law and keep contacting you, you now have proof that you've asked them to stop. This proof, along with recorded phone calls (or detailed called notes if you don't record the calls) are necessary to stop them if you have to take them to court.

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Fraudulent Collection Attempts

Received multiple phone calls from "Portfolio Recovery Associates, " demanding payment for a MasterCard debt...

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesPRA claiming they bought our debt

My husband just received a call from this company (Friday, June 21, 2013). The woman on the line said that she was collecting a debt for utilities. She said that he needed to have payment today and demanded to have our checking account routing number. My husband stated that he was uncomfortable with giving his financial information over the phone and asked her if something else could be arranged. She said only for the full amount of $762 and some. When my husband ask with whom he was speaking she refused to identify herself and only gave the company name. My husband then said he would be happy to clear up this debt but that he wanted to have something in writing. The mystery woman stated that they had already sent him numerous statements and that now it was going to court if he did not clear it up now. We never received anything from this account or company in an attempt to collect this debt. With all the scams and identity theft these days, why would anyone expect you to just pass out your personal information out with no proof of who they are. She said that we would receive something in the mail once we set up a payment plan and gave her out personal information. Yeah right! I don't even have the name of the person I'm speaking to. WOW! All sounded fishy to us and then I get on here and what do I see? Similar complaints from a whole host of folks. Darn glad we didn't give her any further information than what she had.

• Ra
        Rachael1 Nov 07, 2013

Only about 7 percent of U.S. borrowers fail to pay their debts on time, according to federal statistics. That’s the territory Portfolio Recovery Associates go after everyday. If PRA are only making a tiny fraction of what’s in their database you could make the conclusion these employees are very cutthroat and will do anything to get money from their prospects even if it means threatening. http://www.castlelaw.net/blog/are-you-receiving-harassing-calls-from-portfolio-recovery-associates-.cfm

• Tl
        tlsmith8388 Oct 11, 2013

I was wrongly dismissed from employment with portfolio recovery associates. At the time of my dismissal my manager was discussed when she was not there around. I failed to understand why she was brought up because we never had any issues before.

• Always be alert Jul 08, 2013

I don't mind at all...

• Always be alert Jun 27, 2013

You did the right thing by not giving them any information. Never believe ANYTHING a debt collector tells you, ALWAYS get proof of everything they say in writing...Here is what I posted for another consumer hounded by ### debt buyers and were harassed like you and your husband were. There ARE ways to fight back!

"Sadly, the tactics they use are very common in the debt collection business. You see, even though debt buyers may own the 'debt', and the right to try and collect the debt, they have no one to legally collect it from. You weren't involved in the selling of the debt, nor agreed to pay anyone other than the original creditor. Because of this, you have no legal responsibility to pay a debt collector a dime. Debt buyers try to CREATE an agreement with you. By using the harassing and intimidating tactics you were subjected to, they hope to get you to make a payment over the phone, to make them stop the harassment! Once you've made the payment, you've created a legally binding agreement with them. The last thing they want to do is have to PROVE what they claim, because, in MOST cases, they CAN'T prove what they claim! If they get a payment over the phone, you've agreed to pay them without them having to prove anything. YOU have the right, under federal law to have the debt fully validated prior to agreeing to pay them anything. You CAN fight back! Send THEM a letter asking them to validate the debt. Ask them for 1. Proof that the debt is valid, and 2. Proof that they have legal standing to demand money from you. State that you are disputing the entire 'debt' and that they are not to contact you by phone at any time. Type your name at the bottom of the letter (never sign a letter to a debt collector, as the signature has be known to show up on faked documents). Send the letter certified mail with a return receipt requested. If you send this letter within 30 days of their initial contact, they must, by law, stop all collection activities until they properly validate the debt. If you live in a 'One Party Recording' state, you can legally record your phone calls with them without telling them you are. The recorded calls can be very valuable if you have to go to court. Never acknowledge a debt to a debt collector. If you want good legal advise, goto www.naca.net and find an attorney in your area. NACA attorneys specialize in dealing with debt collectors. Some have free consultations. If they sue the debt collector on your behalf and win, the debt collector must pay your legal fees. If you do decide to pay the debt collector, use a cashiers check or money order. NEVER give them access to your bank account or credit card numbers (debt collectors have been known to clean out bank accounts and/or max out credit cards). Hope this helps!"

Portfolio Recovery Associatesagency scams

for years I've been questioning the practices of this agency, what this place does is they find old accounts, accounts that are no longer
      in default...then they assume possessions of these accounts place you once again with collection agencies and start harassing you for
      payments... its never ending, this is why they call them revolving accounts...

• Belleville Apr 29, 2013

The salesman, George, said it was a perfect match to the range and I would be very happy. Well, it wasn't even close!

• Always be alert Apr 29, 2013

Portfolio Recovery is a debt buyer. They buy very old debt for penny's on the dollar, then try to collect the entire amount from the 'debtor'. The problem is, in most cases, the 'debt' is so old that it's past the statute of limitation for legal remedies or placing onto Credit Reports. Debt buyers love to call credit card accounts 'revolving accounts', which is illegal per the FCRA. Debt buyers almost never have the necessary paperwork to prove the legitimacy of anything they claim. They prey on people who do not know their rights and will say almost anything to get money out of someone.People have been known to pay collectors off (for debts that aren't even theirs) just to make them go away. If you're sued, it is vitally important to show up in court on the designated date. When dealing with debt buyers, don't assume you own money, assume that your rights are being violated, because, they usually are.

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Sub-human leeches

For almost 2 YEARS I've been getting phone calls from Portfolio Recovery. They would call 2, 3, 4 time...

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesiIlegal Collection Practices

This company continues to make harassing phone calls and mails collection notices on a debt that 1. Was discharged in a Bankruptcy, 2 is over 20 years old, 3 the original debtor doesn't exist (went out of business ). Need to make these people pay for their continued violation of State and Federal Laws.

MaryMoon Dec 21, 2012

For almost 2 YEARS I've been getting phone calls from Portfolio Recovery.
            They would call 2, 3, 4 times a day, 7 days a week from several different phone numbers (all traceable back to them).
            They would always - ALWAYS- get my answering machine and not once did they leave a message stating who they were, who they were looking to speak to, what their business was with the person they were calling, or what debt/company they were collecting for. NOT ONCE. So, I wouldn't ever call them back.
            They just kept on calling.
            Now, 2 yrs and some months later, they claim they got a 'judgment' against me, (I was never notified by mail or otherwise of this)
            and have actually GARNISHED MONEY from my personal savings account!! That is OUTRAGEOUS!!
            WTH! Can this company get away with this? Who makes the laws that allow this to happen?

I called these lousy rip offs today, and was told they bought a credit card debt from Capitol-1 back in 2010, and they have been unsuccessful in collecting on it... soooo... Garnish time!
            Wait a minute, I said, I want to dispute that debt with Capitol-1... I don't owe them anything, as a matter of fact, I currently have two perfectly good credit cards with them that go back to at least that point in time; no problems, not even late payments! Why in the world would they give me two more credit cards if I still owed them money on another one?
            They said, "Oh they sometimes do that - once they write off a debt from the past... but now WE legally OWN that debt and we are collecting on it. "
            I said well I dispute that "old debt" because I don't believe I EVER owed that money, now, or back then".
            They said, essentially- "Too bad. You should have picked up the phone all those times we called and worked out a payment plan with us. You owe US the money now. It's too late to dispute that - we got a judgement. You needed to dispute it back when Capitol-1 was trying to collect".
            I said again-- "I had nothing to dispute with capitol 1, because I was never in default with capitol-1! Don't you think it's POSSIBLE that debt was sold to you or was somehow listed as mine in error?"
            "Well, she said, it could have been, but it's too late now because you didn't call us back all that time and explain that. Besides, we have your social security number, so it's you for sure."
            We exchanged a few more words, I saw I was getting nowhere, and her last words to me were:
            "The only thing left to do now is pay the approximately $1200 in a ONE-Time full payment - which is the amount of the debt we bought."
            I said really? I've never had a credit card from anyone with more than a 500 credit limit. My Capitol-1 credit limit _now_ is only $300 per card. You won't see a dime."
            And I hung up in frustration. Now I can't have a savings or checking account (in my name alone) because they WILL steal my money out of it again . HOW DO I STOP THESE PEOPLE???

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesDebt collection

Received a call from these scammers trying to collect a debt in the name of a deceased person. The person has been dead over 12 years. PRS wants me to send a copy of the death certificate by fax. I decided to look up these cockroaches and find numerous complaints so I know they are low lifes. I will let them know one time that I am not obligated in any way for this debt & if they continue I will report to all gov. agencies.

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesUse your brain

WHAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH FOLKS:

They are a junk debt collector who buy huge blocks of uncollectible debt from legitimate credit
            company's for pennies on the dollar. Do the math if they pay .05 to .09 cents per dollar your $1000 credit debt cost them $50 to $90 bucks, but wait they still want the $1000 plus they continue to add interest to a debt the original creditor, (for example: Chase, American Express, Capital One, HSBC, Discover, whoever) has already tryed to collect in house, placed with a collection agency, charged off, written off as a loss or paid with a portion of the ridiculous interest you are charged. So here come the junk debt collectors the bottom feeders of the credit world.
            If your debt is past the Statue of Limitations in your state, (GOOGLE IT), they have no legal standing and cannot pursue you in court, although some will file in court against you so you inform the Judge this is a Time Barred Debt past the Statue of Limitations for taking Legal action and request the case be Dismissed, BYE BYE Junk Debt Collector every time.
            If your debt is still within the SOL for Collection don't talk to them on the phone, make them put it in writing and then request a Debt Validation, (GOOGLE IT) most of the time they won't bother and will move on to the next victim who is unaware of their right's, The Junk Debt Collector's want money they don't want to spend money, they want it over the phone simple, fast, easy.
            I know some of you think phone calls must be answered!!! If you don't know who the caller is don't answer, put the number into the Google Search Bar and find out who it is. If it is a Junk Debt Collector BLOCK the number!!! Set it and Forget it.
            Don't let them Harass you, Scare you, Con you, Intimidate you, or play you for a fool. You got the credit by yourself so do some research and protect yourself, YOU HAVE RIGHT'S and these slimeballs hope your stupid so they can take you for a ride to the Tune of Billions of Dollars thanks to Uniformed Consumer's. I was a Credit Dummy to start everyone is, WAKE UP, I have made Major Creditor's look like fools when I got Cases Dismissed with no Lawyer, I took back my life and Blocked there phone number's, I have called them on the Carpet for Illegally using the USPS, and I have sued them and won for violating TheFederal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Get up go on the Internet and in the Courtroom and learn. The greatest fear these Jerks have is a Consumer who is educated about Credit, the Law's and Unafraid to stand up and be recoginized.
            Good Luck to All Of You

Lisamb4169 Jun 20, 2012

Bitter old wench and fat? Sounds like an angry kid eh? I want people to stop doing illegal things, nothing wrong with that. If you consider that mad then so be it! At least I have a conscious and a descent set of morals, anyone who works for a scam company like this needs to be smacked in to reality, go get a real job! I don't see how anyone could do a bill collection job act like that, go home and sleep at night, knowing that their company is doing illegal collection practices. Now let's talk about whose mad?!

Lisamb4169 Jun 20, 2012

Oh btw, do you have a job?! If all you do is sit on here and tell people to GOOGLE IT!

Lisamb4169 Jun 20, 2012

It takes a real loser to come on these boards and tell someone to USE YOUR BRAIN. Maybe the company ought to USE THEIR BRAINS, as well. I never authorized any use of my CC for this company to begin with. Furthermore, the company they CLAIM i owe money to is false. Get your facts straight. We just had to file ID theft because someone stole our financial information and now these bottom feeders are trying to collect on something that we do NOT owe. I state LOSER because it takes a real first class LOSER to come on these boards and tell people to improve their finances. Especially, when you do NOT know EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THESE BOARDS SITUATION. You are NOT GOD and don't presume to think that you're better then anyone else because you sit behind a computer telling people to PAY THEIR BILLS. You sir can ROT IN HELL! Must be nice to know you're a perfect excuse for a sorry ### individual who doesn't know their facts from squat. So shut up and go troll some other boards, where people MIGHT actually consider you to be a human being. This company files false reports and also harasses people more often then not, and have already been proven to be in violation of FDCA. If you support any company that actually does that then you're really a loser. Go away and bother someone else!

Lisamb4169 Jun 13, 2012

Nice job Peter J. Brockman especially since you work for them LOSER!

I never authorized this company PRA, to gain access to my credit report and I am unsure who Firsten is that shows PRA buying up this old debt from. I also have asked the company to stop calling my house twice a day or more, which violates the FCDA. This company needs to be put to a stop!

Phone calls are recorded on my caller ID log. This company doesn't leave any messages just keeps calling until I answer, however I refuse to answer infact when it shows up as PRA, I answer and hang up without even saying hello. Grow up PRA, and get your laws straight. This company is a JUNK DEBT BUYER and is not LEGITIMATE! If this company is legal and legitimate why call from different numbers and not the same number? It makes them look bad, as they have to call from several different area codes/numbers why can't you use ONE number to call from? You know you're conducting illegal activities and need to be put to a stop ASAP! I have blocked numerous numbers from PRA, and they always call back AGAIN from different numbers. Don't give these people any information or let them try to scare you into paying something that you do NOT owe.

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesHarrasing phone calls

For 2 months I have been receiving calls from Portfolio Recovery from at least 6 different phone numbers. They call every week day and sometimes twice on Saturday and it is early on Saturday morning which really upsets me. I do not owe anyone, nor do I have any former debts. They will not believe me when I say I am not the person they are looking for. I dont know what else to do to keep them from calling.

• Wi
                  wifi8827 Mar 24, 2012

the cease and desist letter is good, but also send a debt verification letter via certified mail. It requires them to show you proof that you owe the debt.

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesBeing Sued Unfairly

Well, I recieved a citation on FEBURARY 15TH 2012 by Couch Conville and Blitt of whom are which are representling Portfolio Associates. Of course whenever us honest people whom are unemployed and have the intentions of paying back a debt seems to me collection agencies do not care these days especially with the job market place. Anyways when I did answer my citation, of course I do not have a court date yet, I simply admitted oweing the total sum of $2, 173.73. I did admit that it was my debt, but I also explained to my citation that for almost 2 years I have tried getting something in writing and offering to pay $50.00 a month towards my debt. Now to clarify this I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY TYPE OF NOTIFICATION OR NOTICES ABOUT THE DEBT BEFORE I WAS BEING SUED... I knew this agency Portfolio Recovery ###. had my debt because i would continuely get harrasing phone calls. I was very calm and civil, but in their return they were very aggressive and tolerat. So I simply changed my mothers phone number and just ignored them. When I was simply communicating with them at the time, I asked them just to send me a written statement or settlement offer. They insisted they did already which is a lie because I NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING. Trust me I want to avoid collection agencies at all times, but this one came from underneath me. So i Am getting sued by their law firm and I have been going back and forth for almost a month to get something in writing. They insist I give them my bank info before they send me anything in writing. They know I am unemployed and they Know I recieve exempt income. I sent them 50 bucks already offering I can afford that amount at this time. They still insist I need to pay their agreeing term which they keep on going back and for with different amounts. REDICULOUS!! WHAT A JOKE!! One represenatives says $212.00 a month and the other represenative says $261.00 a month... Thank god I have these conversations recorded, because if they prceed to court, I will counter sue this unprofessional firm. My advice to many in debt, PAY YOUR BILLS WHILE YOU CAN!! NEVER GET A CREDIT CARD EVEN THOUGH THE ADVERTISMENT SEEMS SO GOOD TO BE TRUE. I am learning my lesson...

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesNeeded my 1099-C

I can say that Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc. was a good company to deal with. At the time of their initial phone calls, they were professional and offered a suitable debt solution agreement to me for a bad debt that I did owe. And for 12 Months I paid in full the agreed upon amount and PAID OFF the account. I even received my official Release letter from them.
                  But then SOMETHING benign has changed their ability to handle one last final detail with them. I have yet to receive my 1099-C tax paperwork from them. I had checked several times before and was told that it was mailed. But then on February 15 and again on February 18, 2012 I was informed that I was not getting one, even though I met all my obligations with them back in October 2011 by having paid off my account. I had reported this Canceled Debt amount already on my taxes, only due to the fact that I was told numerous times that it was on the way. So, now I have to jump through all sorts of hoops with their Disputes Department just to get one piece of paper for my taxes.
                  Should they remedy this without some major hassle, I will be thankful.

• Po
                      Positive outcome Mar 13, 2012

3/13/2012 received a call back from the PRA Disputes Dept. [protected]
                      The nice lady was very kind in trying to explain the above situation, and how that my account does not need a 1099C. She stated that the IRS does get informed in some way, but that I do not, or did not need to file a Canceled Debt on my 2011 Taxes. So I will be having to amend my taxes so that I can get my extra money back.

Thank you, Portfolio Recovery Assoc. I wish every one could have as great a resolution to their situations as I did. I would only ask that PRA does a better job at communication, and knowing how certain situations affect those of us in these hard times/situations.

• Po
                      Positive outcome Mar 13, 2012

Over two weeks now, and still no reply or any form of communication from them about my 1099C.

Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC[protected]

I do NOT, nor have I ever HAD, any account with Capitol One Bank and certainly not
                    for $2, 390.14. This is not my debt and I want it removed from my credit report as soon as possible. The name isn't even right. Identity theft???

• ShanaNicole Jan 28, 2012

i just received the same thing in the mail fron them over a capital one card that i have never had

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesDebt settlement

I offered to make settlement on an old credit card that had a $500 credit limit. My credit report showed I owed almosy $1100. I offered to settle for 1/2 of my credit limit or $250. and the man, james, thought I was crazy. They probably paid less than $20 for the debt and wouldn't take my $250. He would accept $640 plus, sorry pal I can't afford it. I am 60 years old, been out of work for 2 1/2 years and the company won't work with you. BEWARE!!!

chris4200 Apr 03, 2012

Just received default judgement on past due credit card debit. I called to get a settlement offer, last month it was 600 now this month its 777.20. They were suppose to send me a confirmation email that confirms settlement and still waiting. Have worked in collections for close to 15 years and have heard bad things about this agency.

• Mo
                          moonpies Nov 30, 2011

how old is the debt? Is it still within the statute of limitations?

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Don't deal with them

I recieved a call from this debt collector back in the fall 2009. To begin with, they ask for a different...

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Harassment

This company called me about a debt that they said I owed. I told them they had the wrong person...

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesThey should be prosecuted

About a year ago I received a collection letter from this company which I ignored and did not even open. I went through a divorce 15 years ago and lost everything. I have worked hard to pay my bills and repair my credit by paying ALL my bills on time for the past ten years even in spite of two major illnesses which caused me significant medical expense. I have gotten a free credit report every year for the past three years and nothing that they have claimed I owe shows up on any of my credit reports for the past three years.

About a month after the letter arrived they started calling up to three times a day. They claim that I owe $10, 000 to Capital One Credit. I never had a credit card with a balance over $2, 000, so this is patently false information on their part. I have asked them over and over to send an accounting of the debt. They have refused, saying they will not give an accounting of the debt until I pay!

The SOL in my state is 6 years.

The last time I took a call from them it was because my 10 year old answered the phone. Before they asked my child to put me on the phone, they asked them all kinds of personal information, like who her parent's were, etc..

I have recently filed a complaint with my State's Attorney General's office.

I know what they are doing is against the law. I recently found out that a good friend of mine who is over 80 years old and living on social security paid them on an old account and I am outraged by the tactics these ### use. They should be prosecuted.

• Mo
                            moonpies Dec 10, 2011

do you owe the debt? If the debt was from 15 years ago, they have probably been piling on interest which could easily make it $10, 000 by now. But then again, you should be well out of the SOL by now.

You need to send them a Debt Verification Letter via certified mail to get amounts and dates, to show you are out of the SOL.

Dont' bother asking them to verify it over the phone, they won't do it. It must be in writing, and with certified mail so you have proof they received it. If they keep calling thats when you send a Cease and Desist letter to demand they cease all communication with you over the phone. Remember also do not agree to any terms or arrangements on the phone or they can use that to restart the SOL.

• Rs
                            rs_quirt Dec 10, 2011

the cure from being a victim of portfolio is in the ability to hire a attorney, based on personal experience, the following agencies of any state are of no help against the collection attorneys .
                            1.}superior court and its personal and or clerks who fill file a proof of service for a local attorney at any time, without even asking any questions, result is a clerks a default
                            2.}in the state of california and or the office of the attotrney general, the public inquiry unit only take complaints for statistics, to see if the id theft crime is rising, if the AG would exercise his authorities perhaps the consumer would be just another number. {and victim}
                            3.}the law claims that they must validate the debt if you response within the 30 days, they dont if you mentioning to sue them, you better have a lawyer at your side otherwise it would not get any better based on the knowledge of item 1 and 2 .
                            conclusion
                            there is only law if you are represented by a member of the bar, if one consumer beats the collection firm in propria persona, they will have 4999 judgements out of 5000 .
                            this is a true and sad reality .so if you have any financial resources hire a "mouth piece"
                            and it will stop and it should, bud then the mouth piece sounds like"well live is not fair, and that is his reasoning., even if 20 consumer have some credit and or resources, that leave portfolio with 4979 judgements, thereafter . now take 2000 judgements that become judicial lien without proper court procedings {it only takes a clerk to fax a abstract judgement to the recordes office and pay 15.00 and bingo a hemorhoid has just been attached without any knowledge to the consumer and a bleweding of never ending pain, thenb take 500 judgements turned in to garnishment of private bank accounts without any proper court proceedings . the total of 2500 old and or zombie debt will be collected by portfolio, that they do not always pay for the debt acquired, they do it as a favor for another collection firm like they would do the same favor in return, to collect is the issue and if it without any prior investment makes it a profitable business and they will not give up such easy profit,
                            it is a bad habit but why obey the law if the laws are only practiced if a mouth piece is in smelling side and or is present. in total i have judgments of 120.000.00 against me, with accounts numbers manufactured to their numbers, and promised to have a judgment within 6 months against me, well it is a true fact, the city of Victorville n the county of san Bernardino in the golden state of California, that clerks like orona, Flores and many others with officers of the court named Robert Ripley, Medeiros can ask judges to lie with the office of the attorney general will defend the acts by the Hon allen, ochoa, sachs.davies nakata, fleuret and many others did lie for the members of the state bar hereby named. that this society is at a low point in regard financial, import, export because of the following recorded facts, the superior court judge is the best job that one can have, how eve if the true facts makes him hurt, and or he can not sleep because he shafted some one hard and deep, but they are also former members of the private club and or its called the "state bar " that is a "power full club of individuals that all have an ego complex and never make a mistake {perfect creation } and they also will become, judges and then politician and we ourselves elect, what are they doing to get your vote ? exactly they lie and between the members of the bar are cause for the deep ### we are in as consumer . i have seen more then one can tolerate and i was promised
                            .action in court Civvs 800649 {court }Civvs 800648 {Ripley}and Civvs 800269 the case a judgment against and for a collector .the date 08.06.2008 in case Civvs 800269 a minute order claims the defendant was in court on that day in that case, the proposed order claimed that the defendant was not in court, Allen and Ripley were eyewitness to the action ..
                            to top it off the office of the attorney general was counsel for the superior court in a civil rights action issue. employee brown for the AG brown, Edmund, the brown defense and ask me how deep the defense was, attorney acting for the aoc a div of the jcc and or responsible for an y unfair, bias and criminal offence committed by clerks
                            to get to the law, aoc issued gv code 945.6 and the employee of the state doj used ccp 430.10 {a-f} suing the wrong party and a claim with the vcgcb was mandatory and fatal .

That they do ask for favors to many times and are a legal liability upon our judicial system
                            {money talks and the consumer walks,

employees at the government agencies are a disgrace to the government, they are also a community and loyal .85 percent of judgment for are based on default, he was in court but then i was not with suing them at the same time {caution if a law is close by and or practiced in court, one must think that the court and Ripley become reasonable based on such legality

Disrespect for the law and court
                            That would not be the case. the oag has defended the California cooperation’s for making a profit with criminal action in nature, as an AG he clamed that he is an idiot {consumer, victim " in his defense were then his name is jerry brown and is elected governor for the golden state of ca. he is also the director of the vcgcb an agencies that is not n the best interest of victim of crime s committed against.
                            brown in a {defense } of ccp 430.10 and then jerry advise the idiot to sue the state of California for calling me an idiot all at the time .gov code sec 945.6 a total of 9 rejecters thru notices of such then the gov code is issued, warning claiming that you have 180 days to sue the governor {and or which agencies is the more insulting one, that employees use the name of the elected and appointed members of oag, jcc usdoj {central district of California it is for André
                            and or us attorney, that has almost covered from a to z, and the analysis of it all is in this short statement . i will keep on searching that there is one employee of a government agencies were the brown defense with his advise to sue the stated is such fine line crossed, the knowledge of "them "that new legal representation is available is the primary ground wherefore a search to find common reasoning be practiced at all times when a employee is under oath .that if Pinocchio is punished for lying. The court corridors {floors be a tide squeeze} .that is not funny it is sickening if any officer of the court can asked the ruling judicial officer to lie with a proposed order, and then they are witnesses to such primitive abuse of granted AURHORITIES, ELECTED AND OR APPOINTED .

if there is a unity among consumers then such must be demonstrated that to obtain a legal professional present the proper way of informing the proper employees that the employees complaint against present a legal liability upon the people of California, the defense in Civvs 800649 to be exact .

if any law would have ever been part of this collection practices in the superior court of California’s for and or in the county of san Bernardino at the Victorville TO POINT THE FINGER at Ripley.

Portfolio. Recovery claimed that they purchased fraud from fia card system because an active case in this fraud was dismissed by the court, thereafter portfolio claimed that the purchased the dismissed debt .the case Civvs 701752 date 10.30.2007 {dismissed } that a dismissal only counts when an attorney is in the case, it is then pertly dismissed and if a consumer is being granted a dismissal of fraud then Ripley just commits more fraud to make a bad point on public records {3 agencies that rather talk to attorneys then hear a consumer .they can change your address even if I lived their for over 20 years I don’t have the granted courtesy to inform the agencies that is not my home address.

If the court dismissed the case and judgment against is the final disposition of such collection act I would call it unfair debt collection practice pursuant California civil code sec 1788 and or under what authorities can Ripley ask the Hon Allen to lie ? because his name is Ripley ? it was not the law that ruled in the judicial branch were ruling could end in murder suicide {lemkau}
                            It is deep in san Bernardino corruption has been accepted, Ramos on the board founded by the elected attorney general kamala Harris with Edmund becoming jerry, where nca became sacor .they all change names without any problems . it is to only granted bud not for the rail roaded consumer, who is the economy, you treat us bad we will not buy, pretty soon no employment available only in the “service } business and pretty soon the consumer will have any buying power, the service is on the service we the consumer need we got up every morning in a life of politics{ I don’t have a brown tip on my nose

30 years of building a credit score of 820 that was destroyed then in less then 2 minutes and I owe over a 120.000.00 for debt that is not my obligation based on the account numbers used to collect, with asking for a favor by the ruling authorities and defendant the superior court is a respected source for material evidence court proceeding and minute orders I was there on that day and he proposed that the defendant aka idiot was not, what reasoning the officer of the court have to propose such order

I will approach a court and it is in riverside of federal jurisdiction, how ever to be represented would
                            B e the best legal foundation based on ccp 430.10, the state court have disqualified themselves based on the altering and deleting court records {court of appeal}.

What legal defense be their available for the judicial branch ? well the only defense the oag and jcc have practiced is ignorance {brown for brown 12.29.2009.

It is just sharing thoughts in regards this cooperation for profit .it is a loyal group of citizens no more no less. they can ### on a consumer when ever they have a need, that employees of the state and us attorneys practicing obstruction of justice to be the proper accusation and not to forget who it is for.exhibits will be uploaded

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Incorrect collection attempt

I see you have received tons of complaints on this scam company. I guess I'm the latest intended victim...

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Criminal scam

I have an old debt that I wanted to pay off. Early in the year I called to make arrangements to settle the...

Portfolio Recovery AssociatesHarassing phone calls

I have no debt with Portfolio Recovery. Apparently this collection agency has my telephone number in their data base. I receive calls from several different numbers on my caller ID both toll free and long distance. I reside in Texas. When they do leave messages they are for several people who I never heard of and who have never resided with me. The one time I was able to get someone I requested that my telephone number be taken out of their data base but nothing happened. I never received any mail from them because I am not one of the real debtors they are trying to reach. Thank goodness they do no have my address in their data base. Apparently the collectors are playing a game by dialing my number just to fill their quotas.

Linda

Portfolio Recovery Associates — Dozens of phone numbers

Portfolio Recovery Associates calls me at least once a day, most often from different phone numbers. I have...