Midland Credit Management [MCM] Logo

Midland Credit Management [MCM]

Having problems with Midland Credit Management [MCM]?

Midland Credit Management [MCM] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 296 2657 (Customer Service)
+1 877 420 0039 (Concerns and Complaints)
P.O. Box 939069
Thu5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Midland Credit Management [MCM] Customer Service. Initial Midland Credit Management [MCM] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Midland Credit Management [MCM] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Midland Credit Management [MCM]. Discuss the issues you have had with Midland Credit Management [MCM] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Midland Credit Management [MCM] Complaints & Reviews

Midland Credit Management [MCM]File [protected]

Would like to resume communication with Midland creditor to receive information on file [protected] this was a fraudulent account that was opened up in my name would like to have more information on this account and and validation that it was paid off I would also like to keep fraud alert active

Midland Credit Management [MCM]an attempt to collect on a debt that is not mine, but fraudulent

I have tried on numerous of occasions to first, find out what debt this is; secondly, educated to them that this was caused by Identity theft. I have produced countless letters from the Bank itself as well I mine, to include a claims submission in the regards of " Midland Credit Managemnt, Inc Telephone Consumer Protection Act Litigation Settlement.

I was robbed at a gas station in Blue Mtn, KY (police report was filed) in 2007. From there, my banks accts were taken and numerous of accts and credit cards were opened in my name. All were dismissed, closed and fraud alerted; except this. I have proved time and time again that this is a fraudulent account. I was divorced in 2004, and closed every credit card down that me and my spouse had as well as any joint accts. I bank with one bank and have been since my return to the US in Jan of 2003. This company and Messerli have REFUSED to tell me what this is, (either an acct opened or a credit card) REFUSED to provide documents, but only have said this is a Bank of America deal. I have called Bank of America and have letters stating I have NEVER had an account or credit cards through them. They have SENT letters to me as well as to Midland Funding, LLC and Messerli. They BOTH say they have never recieved. Last year, they literally garnished my bank acct, and my daughter's, I had to fight to get that back as I am a single parent, and that had funds for rent, bills and food, (see Claim of Exemption letter). I have resent NOTARIZED papers they have sent me regarding the fraud acct, as well as the letters from the bank. They are now trying again to garnish my pay on something that IS NOT MINE, never was.

This is harrassement, added stress, has my job in jeopardy, these are the points that red flag this:
    The second page that has the notary signature says "that judgment has been entered".
    -Has a court judgment been made?
    -South Dakota Codified Law 21-18-3.1 states that "Garnishment prohibited before judgment. Garnishment prior to obtaining final judgment in the principal action is prohibited."
    -The document has a Court File No. however there is no indication that the document has been filed with a court (such as a clerk of court signature)

This is a list of all the facts of my case:
    -Victim of ID Theft
    -Have filed an ID Theft Affidavit with Midland
    -Filed a claim of exemption
    -Past actions have been released
    -Unaware of a judgment
    -Attempting to Garnish without a judgment
    -past the statute of limitiations

Midland Credit Management [MCM] — installment payment

Teresa witiak, 5225 yellow Finch way, Gosport Indiana 47533. She pays $1 month to Midland and is not even...

Midland Credit Management [MCM]a debt that was in 2008

I'm writing because Midland funding say that I owe them $1175 which the Walmart credit card I got was in Oct 2008 then they claim like I got a summon in my hand Feb 2014 cuz if I got one I would of went to court so Aug 9, 2018 this year I got a writ of garnishment which said I had 30 days but they already garnishing my check 25percent plus the wal mart credit card was deleted off my credit report but when I call them and asked question they take a minute to answer but I need help because how I'm get garnish for a debit in 2008 then from 2014 now it's 2018 wat I need to do to stop this because I want to go in front of the judge the right way

Midland Credit Management [MCM]called me threatening me to send officer to my house and work. a $1200 debt they said it would be over $ 3000

They are harressling me by phone calling everyday, threatening to send officer to my house and job, saying a $1200 debt will cost me over $ 3000. I had been out of work, went thru Hurricane Harvey, was homeless and have had two surgeries this year, I have no money takes every penny to survive. I am a 70 year old widow just trying to get by and support s disabled son. Please stop them from harassing me, and others like me. They buy out debts and the harass people.

Midland Credit Management (MCM) — They claimed I owe almost $400 more than I owe.

I originally had an account with Sears/Citibank. In 2012, just before I lost everything and became homele...

Midland Funding — Unethical behavior

As agreed upon in county court, I have been maintaining my payment arrangement with Midland Credit Management...

Midland FundingPoor Service

So I'm trying to get payment demand statements, or a bill from this place to re-fi. For some reason they are incapable of faxing this paper or e-mailing. What the heck? It's the 21st century and this company will harass you, call you during work, call you anytime and aren't always nice, . But when you try to get them paid off, it'll take a week to 10 days? LAME

Midland Funding / CitibankLien release not processed to courts

The account for Midland Funding/Citibank was paid off thru Midland Credit Management, the item was dated 02/16/2007, Docket # 82D03-0612-CC5323, in Evansville, IN 47708, [protected]. The account has been verified as paid, thru the credit bureaus & repositories, but no lien release has been sent to the court. A lien release must be sent to the court, & be verified with my attorney Charles Murphy, Terra Title, LLC office # [protected].

• 19
                1977woods Mar 16, 2014

I got this letter Friday stating a judgment was made against Barbara Sankey owe 9.929.03 I disagree with this and I will call the office and try to get this taken care of ..please send me a email. with a name of some one I can speak to, ,

Midland Credit Management — Fail to settle

I do have a debit that I owe but every time I try to settle with them they don't want what I have to...

Midland Credit ManagementInvalid Debt Collection

DO NOT PAY UNTIL DEBT HAS BEEN VALIDATED!!! My boyfriend received a letter from this company for a service he never had. We contacted the cellphone provider and they could not find him anywhere in their systems. They could find MY old account which was closed and sold to a collection agency in 2007. Request verification of debt from this company, if they cannot verify, send a certified cease and desist letter.

• Er
                  Erica Harris Aug 26, 2018

So really they just a scam and then take cases to circuit court lying like they put a summon in yo hand

• Wi
                  wifi8827 Apr 04, 2012

"They could find MY old account which was closed and sold to a collection agency in 2007"

did you pay that off?

Midland Credit ManagementThis company is one of the worst bottom feeders

This company is one of the worst bottom feeders. They have harrassed me on several accts. They have sued me and thru careful research I was able to get the lawsuit dismissed. There are step by step instructions on several web sites on how to fight this company and win. Now they called me again this morning threatening to take everything I own, threatening to seize my bank accts, and just belligerant and aggressive as hell. I recently sent them a " Debt Validation Notice" which I am sure they will ignore. I have kept copies of all the things i did to beat them in the 1st lawsuit and will do it all over again if necessary. You can beat them just like I have!!

• Em
                    E M Pinson Apr 12, 2012

This Company should have never gotten one red penny with a hole in it from you! File a complaint with the FTC, Collections Companies can Not!! Continue to contact you once you have disputed the debt! They have to provide you with a Debt Validation from the ORIGIONAL CREDITOR, THIS IS LAW!! And it is Harassment. If they continue to call and threatened you, you are entitled to compensation, turn the table on them, also When you correspond with these Yahoos, Always do so by Fax, if they have a Fax Number and Certified Mail it is well worth it plus it gives you a paper trail if you pursue compensation...Good Luck...it can be done speaking from experience.

Midland Credit ManagementCan't verify collection account

Midland is trying to collect an account that is not mine and is over 7 years old. The account number is [protected] They cannot verify this account because it is an illegal attempt to collect a debt. They have not verified the account, but persevere in reporting false information on my credit report.

• Nj
                      Njimersn Sep 24, 2012

Midland credit Management has taken there time in processing a judgement that I need to pay off. Its been 3 weeks and still they are moving slow I can't pay off my bill because it takes weeks to process and up date there computers. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. You can't email you have to wait for a long time just to pay a bill. I wish it wouldn't be so slow!

chory Mar 08, 2012

babe, if they serve you, sue u in court, make sure you answer the complaint and show up in court. don't admit anything. they have to prove it's your debt. if u believe it passed SOL, state it in the answer.

• Wi
                      wifi8827 Mar 07, 2012

how did you ask them to verify the debt? By phone or by mail? It has to be by certified mail, so you have proof they received it. Also definitely dispute it with whatever credit bureau they are reporting it on. If it is disputed it will be investigated and they have to verify it is correct with them and if they can't it can be removed.

Midland Credit Managementwrong person

I received a call about 1 week ago from someone saying that they where from MCM. I asked them how where they looking for? The person advised me that this was a very important matter and was trying to reach my cousin who is a male. I asked him if he wanted to leave a number and name and I will give the message to my cousin. He left the number [protected] and an ext #. On Sept 5, 2011 my cousin called this company and gave them permission to speak to me. I went online and found out that this company was Midland Credit Management. I asked the representative what this was about? He advised me that this was in regards to an unpaid bill for a credit card. I then asked him who was the original creditor? He gave me the name of the card company saying they purchased this account from the card company and now are attempting to collect it. I asked him where there were from. he advised me that they are out of India. and they have several locations here in the US. He advised me that there address is in San Diego CA. On Aero Drive. I asked him the amount of the debt. He told me what was owed. I told him during the call that my cousin said he did not owe any card companies. I asked him how he got this number. he refuse to tell me. But what he did not know is I know how he got it. These companies use a method called skip tracing. They found someone they thought that me be the possible debtor they where looking for. I then was put on hold by the rep because I asked him if was sure he had the correct person. He then became afraid and put a supervisor on the phone with me who them gave me the debtors credit card number. I could not believe that this supervisor did not verify who was speaking with before giving up this kind of information that could possibly lead to an identity theft. If it feel into the hands of a thief. Then I asked him if who he was looking for he them changed his story and asked for a girl with the same last name as my cousin. I advised him that my cousin owes nothing to them and he threatened me saying that if I did not take care of this he would come after me. I advise him to go right ahead and do whatever he wanted to. He hung up. I called him back and asked him if he was crazy? I told him Now I will come after you. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau today, I also contacted the Federal trade commission. I called an attorney with the FDCPA to get more contacts to expose the negligence of this company. I would think that anyone who reads this would not appreciate there credit card or financial information being given to strangers. I hope that this complaint board will look into this matter to help future victims of bad collection agencies who hire untrained people and so called supervisors to collect. Here is a link for more info that Midland involved with. http://www.collectorsexposed.com/forum/index.php/topic/3753-midland-credit-management-response-to-the-minnesota-ags-lawsuit-james-brandon-black/ ...also they have been sued by attorney's in the past from Minnesota Sincerely, Concerned citizen

Midland Credit ManagementWrong Number

I have been getting phone calls from these people for over four months. They keep asking for an entirely different person. I have had this cell phone number for over four years and this is the first time this has happened. I have repeatedly asked them to stop calling and have been told that they are sorry and will take me off the list. I get up at 4 am so calls after 8 at night are extremely annoying. I don't have cell phone service at work so they just call over and over and hang up and still continue to call even though my voicemail has the name of a completely different person. They started calling again yesterday and called me at 8 am this morning. I am recovering from surgery and have a really difficult time getting rest. I flew off the handle and was told they have never called me before. The supervisor was very nasty with me. Good thing I have documented the time and date and subject of every conversation. I am fed up with this and am now going to take action. I have worked too hard to clean up my credit to get harassed by someone else's nasty bill collectors.

• Ex
                          expatbrit Jan 20, 2012

I found a negative report from MCM on my credit report and immediately disputed it as it was for a debt I do not owe.

Then while waiting for the dispute to be resolved MCM wrote to me asking me to provide them with proof that the debt was paid! Nowhere in the letter was there any reference to the reason for the dispute ie it wasn't mine!

I tried phoning them only to be told I was a liar and they would ruin my credit if I didn't pay. I politely told the rep (Wendy) to check on the law regarding fair collection practice and she hung up.

Their whole attitude was it was up to me to prove to them that this debt was paid or someone else's which is not what the law states. It's up to them to prove that the debt is valid and within the statute of limitations. Needless to say their negative report has now miraculously vanished from all three of the credit reporting agencies files lol.

So if you find a negative on your credit report from them dispute it and sit back and enjoy it when they attempt to prove it's valid ;)

• Re
                          refundqueen Aug 25, 2011

They are bottom feeders. They buy ol debts, many of which have been paid or are so old you ont legally owe them any more. Then they torment you or who ever has your ol phone number until you/they finally give in and pay. Then they come up with additional"fees" such as hanling, telephone, interest, etc an start tormenting you all over again. Clark Howard has some great info about them and their fellow slimeballs on his webpage.

Midland Credit ManagementI get calls from them like 15 times a day!

This is so out of reach to comprehend. I answer and they ask is this so and so then hung up. I don't owe them. I did a credit check they are not listed as owning one thing of mine. I'll just change my number then they can try to find me, don't know how they got it in the first place when it's private. And If I did owe anything it's been over seven years and thats the limit unless they extend it to 10 well I own nothing so let them try to take nothing they will gain nothing from me.

Midland funding, LLCServed a summons to appear in court

My husband has been served a summons for garnishment fronm this company who is being supported by a place called Dominion Law. This debt we are not even sure what it is for. The other thing is tht is is past the statue of limitations. This will affect my husbands job that he has had with the local School system for almost 10 years now. What can we do??

• La
                              lalababy12 Jun 22, 2012

I've been hassled by these people and its ridiculous.. i def. need some advise regarding it. and I'm not even sure why I'm having this appear on my credit report. and to top it off its under legal items on credit report..

• Ke
                              Kenneth05 Jul 07, 2011

First, if you don't recognize the debt and believe that you don't owe the debt, you should dispute the debt in court. Second, if the debt is stale, ie., more than 5 years and depending on your state, you should tell the court that and should not pay or settle the debt. If you need legal representation, you should contact an attorney. You can get some information here, www [dot] connectconsumer [dot] net.

Kenneth

MLB69 Jul 01, 2011

Everyone Join me in the fight to shut down Midland Funding LLC a Junk Debt Collector and all of there locations! They are violating our rights and using illegal methods to harass us and using manipulating legal practices to packet your hard earn money!

MLB69 Jun 30, 2011

Ok, then contact Midland Funding LLC. Will do that.

MLB69 Jun 30, 2011

The problem is we dont even know what the debt is?

Midland Credit Management — Illegal Practices

Midland began calling me about a debt they say I owe from 2004. I stated that I had to knowledge of any debt...

MCMBad service

This company is the worst collection company in the world. When you try to call and resolve the problem you have representatives that instead of trying to help you resolve the problem, they want to talk to you as though you are 5 years old. This debt that I have is very old, because of a lot back and forth with the orginial company, which never sent me out the settlement contract to get this debt paid. This debt has now been sold and resold to everybody's mother, brother, aunt, uncle and cousin. Too make a long story I called in to get the bill resolved and everything that I asked to possibly do, I was shut down. I spoke to a Ms. Martinez and had already explained to her how nasty another person of her company so that she doesn't do the same thing...what do you think she did the same exact thing wanting to talk with me as though I was five, then has the nerve to say I am going to put on hold until you calm down, as though I was getting a time out, but yet she wanted to talk to me any kinda way. I called back agaiin to speak with another representative only to be put on hold for 10 Looooooooooooooooooong minutes while they sit and talk amongst themselves. Mr. Tahile gets on the phone and do the very same thing that the other representatives and did and started going off as well. He said well you called this month so we want money this month, although I was telling him payments could't start until the 10th of April. Today is the 22 of March, I was asking for 16 days to start he made it sound as though I was asking for the impossible. So I then questioned him and said if I called in April then it wouldn't be no problem and he said, so I said fine I'll call you back in April.. These people have no compassion for other human beings. If I had talk to someone on the phone the way they talk to people I would have been FIRED ON THE SPOT. It is obvious that they do not have any customer service skills as all and do not know how to deal with the public.

Midland Credit Management — phone harassment

This company has called my cell phone one day and then my husband's cell phone the next day. They kept...