PNC Bankfrom day one it has been one problem after another

R Review updated:

PNC, PNC, PNC where do I even begin. From day one it has been one problem after another. First, I set up an account online which for over a month I was not able to access my thousand dollar deposit for many reasons.

1)They lost my signature card in the mail.

2)I WENT, W E N T to one of their branches and personally signed one there, you would think that that would have freed up my funds right there, mind you this was 3 weeks after I started the account, NO!!! Three days later I called and they said they lost my signature card, so for a third time I signed the card and near the end of a month was finally able to access my funds.

Another issue with PNC, Check Deposits. I can understand a bank wanting to wait while a check clears, HOWEVER, when I deposit my employment check and they give me 100.00 to use for immediate withdrawal if I have to. However, say I need to pay the electric, water, etc., even though the funds are to be cleared in a day, I mysteriously found multiple overdraft fees stacked up for the things that were paid as my check waited for clearing. This is unprofessional how they run this side of their operations as if you see that a check is waiting to be posted then why should the customer be burdened with fees when time after time the checks show that they clear each time.

PNC is just another one of those banks that claim no hidden fees and I am not saying that this is a hidden fee, I am strictly saying that PNC only does business with people in ways that benefit them, they dont care about people, I did end up getting the fees removed, but the whole time the customer service rep kept referring me to get over draft protection. All in all the bank could be a great place to bank if they would change few ways things work but dont expect that any time soon as PNC was the PROUD recipient of an enormous bailout courteous of the tax payers of which they went and bought another bank with that money.

• J
      Jul 29, 2010

whoa sounds like you really had some issues with the bank... sorry to hear that your it took so long to get your account opened but you have to understand we are humans and everybody makes mistakes..

1.when I deposit my employment check and they give me 100.00 to use for immediate withdrawal-- your employer could bounce a check it is possible its happened to me! I later found out the my work did put the money in an account were all paychecks pull from because co workers had their checks bounce.. understand when the bank pays you out they take the risk of funds not being paid back if they are not available. Might i suggest getting direct deposit if your job offers it...

2.I mysteriously found multiple overdraft fees stacked up for the things that were paid as my check waited for clearing--- so this is the banks fault that you paid these items? did the bank go spend your money or did you? hmmm... i think i knew who paid the items...

3.hey don't care about people, I did end up getting the fees removed, but the whole time the customer service rep kept referring me to get over draft protection.-- wow so they gave you back the fees and you said in the same sentence that pnc doesn't care about people.. also if the rep is speaking to you about odp which covers anything that comes into the account as long as the secondary source has funds..then maybe you ought to look into it. why would a bank tell you about odp to avoid fees in the future? wouldn't it be smarter as a bank to not tell their customer how to avoid fees?

my thought: everybody makes mistakes were all human! and believe me usually when you make that mistake once you never do it again... so now you know what the time frame for you payroll check to clear is and you can look into dir-deposit if you job offers it and if not adjust accordingly to how you know the system works...

• H
      Mar 19, 2011

PNC SUCKS!! They allowed for my account to be hacked and over $1500 was taken from me. I'm still fighting it to this day. I pulled my account and went across the street to Northwest Savings bank. They are great!

• T
      Mar 11, 2014

PNC bank withdraws checks before clearing deposit, even though deposit was made first.